VOY Feedback Vote #3 by CyberMum

Kattz

Mar 23, 2001, 6:56:14 AM3/23/01
FORMATTED
From: CyberMum <c...@infocalypse.net>

> CATEGORY: Best Return Story
> ---
> (R-684) Cat: Return Story
> ---
> Title: The Best Years of My Life
> Author: Rocky

Rocky has crafted a superb 'return' saga in her Home Bound Series. Her
characterizations of Kathryn Janeway, Chakotay, and all of Voyager's
main characters is 'spot on'. These are the people that I have been
hoping to see on my television screen since the programme began. She
has incorporated drama, adventure, character, suspense, romance and
continuity and given us a supremely satisfactory conclusion to
Voyager's trek through the Delta Quadrant. It was an absolute pleasure
to re-read this.

I find it difficult to separate each chapter from the whole, and hope
that you will consider this response a vote for each segment of the
series.

> (R-685) Cat: Return Story
> ---
> Title: Correspondence
> Author: C. A. Brown

I enjoyed this epistlatory <G> tale when it was posted, and even more
upon re-reading it. The correspondence between Janeway and Chakotay
rings true. I do hope that it will eventually be finished.

> (R-695) Cat: Return Story
> ---
> Title: Revisionist History
> Author: Penny A. Proctor

This 'Return Saga' gripped me right from the opening line. I liked
the idea of Jake Sisko being the investigative reporter. I liked the
way the reminiscences went. I liked the way characters from DS9 and
TNG were incorporated into the story. The trial, and Janeway's
handling of the question of the nature of her 'relationship were very
cleverly handled. And the conclusion was well thought out and
original.

> (R-696) Cat: Return Story
> ---
> Title: A Rose For Boothby
> Author: Delta Story

This is a lovely and fitting tribute to Boothby, and to the actor who
portrayed him. Well worth the re-read.

> (R-697) Cat: Return Story
> ---
> Title: Sand
> Author: Sister Reynardine

This entire series is a fascinating study of the character of Kathryn
Janeway. Troi becomes a useful device here - and her interviews of
each of the people who affected by, or who impacted upon Voyager's
captain - are handled with care and depth.

Again, I feel it is impossible to judge each story separately...the
whole series should be viewed as a whole. I do hope that we will be
seeing the conclusion of this one soon.

> (R-705) Cat: Return Story
> ---
> Title: Simplicity
> Author: Morgan

Morgan's tales are always extremely satisfactory and this one is no
exception. A lovely 'what if' that all ardent J/Cers would love to
see.

Kattz
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ASC_Awards