ASC Awards Comment Digest #246 Janeway/Chakotay

ASC Awards

Mar 30, 2003, 1:17:58 AM3/30/03

The Following is a Digest of ASC Awards Comments.
To comment, go to:
http://www.trekiverse.org/ASCAwardsCommenting.html
or post/e-mail a response to the posted ballots

This is Digest # 246 for the Category of:
Janeway / Chakotay

Comment #991
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 2Adagio by Cait N.
Comment: Cute story. My favorite part was the reason why Chakotay was
at the Academy that summer.

Comment #997
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 3The Albatross by Christinecgb
Comment: ChristineCGB has such a lovely, lyrical flow to her writing
and this story isn't an exception. I love the initial dynamic between
Chakotay and Seven - the 'trying' and the distance, both - and then the
painful honesty of the conversation between Janeway and Chakotay.
Christine says this is possibly her last J/C fic, but I seriously hope
it's not as her 'voice' in VOY fic is truly memorable.

Comment #998
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 7Coffee Fiend by janezy
Comment: I like the premise of this story - the 'filling in of the
blanks' of Janeway's coffee addiction. And Chakotay's offer at the end
is wonderful.

Comment #999
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 8Daddy's Girl by Cait N.
Comment: A very sweet vignette. I liked it.

Comment #1000
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 9Day of the Dead by Djinn
Comment: Ah, this story is by far my favorite J/C story of this year.
Djinn deftly weaves myth with reality in creating an intelligent and
haunting romance tinged with regret. Janeway and Chakotay are both
written beautifully here and the scenes, the descriptions - all of it is
perfection. Djinn does an exceptional job of setting the mood and scene.
The twist at the end is not forced but flows perfectly. Yet another
outstanding story from Djinn.

Comment #1001
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 12Easy by Rocky
Comment: This is a perfect Janeway vignette, really getting to the
heart of her character - everything Janeway is and feels is perfectly
expounded upon in this fic, written with feeling and lovely description.

Comment #1002
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 16Honey-Dew by Jemima
Comment: This is one of those fics that bears up under multiple
readings given the many layers Jemima has filled this story with. Canon
is woven carefully throughout. I especially love Chakotay here - he's so
patient and so caring, never snapping though he has every reason to do
so. There are so many beautiful moments in this story and a poignant and
surprising ending. A truly stellar effort.

Comment #1003
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 18Morning Light by Djinn
Comment: A really beautiful morning-after scene. Djinn really knows how
to convey mood and this one is filled with both sweetness and tension.
The dialogue between Janeway and Chakotay was well-done.

Comment #1004
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 19Night Visitor by Rocky
Comment: I really enjoy stories where Janeway makes the first move and
this one is no exception. This fic is from a rare Chakotay perspective
and it captures his voice perfectly. Nice job.

Comment #1005
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 20Oasis by Penny Proctor
Comment: A really beautiful story and a perfect response to the desert
crossing challenge. This is quintessential Janeway - stubborn and
determined. Nice work.

Comment #1006
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 23Quit by Rocky
Comment: A beautiful story about the pain of loss and the regret of
missed chances and opportunities. Chakotay here is very sympathetic. The
conclusion is haunting and poignant. Definitely one to file under
"must-read."

Comment #1007
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 24Raconteur by Cait N.
Comment: Bwahaha, it's been so long since I've read a shuttlecraft fic
and this one is truly a fun treat! Thanks for sharing.

Comment #1008
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 25Rank Has Its Privileges by Rocky
Comment: This fic proves Rocky can write anything, no matter how
impossible or illogical the set-up is <g>. There is lots of trademark
Rocky humor in this fic and a couple of puns too. The whole fic is fun,
so without giving too much away, the ending is really priceless.

Comment #1009
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 26RESOLUTION AND COMMITMENT by T'Lin
Comment: A nice Chakotay perspective on their stay on New Earth.

Comment #1010
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 27The Rose Garden by RoseKira
Comment: Yet another painful and angsty fic from RoseKira. This is an
interesting story.

Comment #1011
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 28Saving Strangers by janezy
Comment: I love this fic for its startling insight. The idea that
Janeway is so willing to save other people - even strangers - but not
herself sums up her character perfectly. I especially enjoyed the
dialogue between Chakotay and Admiral Janeway. Another terrific fic from
janezy.

Comment #1012
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 32Thrive by Jemima
Comment: Finally, an explanation as to where that Borg baby has been
all this time! This is really a lovely story - sad, sentimental, but not
schmoopy at all. I love the way Janeway came to her final conclusion
about the baby, about making a decision of what to do for it. The result
is a perfectly efficient and logical solution - perfect for a Borg baby.

Comment #1013
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 34Touching Feeling by SaRa
Comment: An angsty vignette that could easily be either Janeway or
Chakotay - the feelings are probably felt by both.

Comment #1014
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 33Time Standing Still I & II by Tracy Thurman
Comment: A nice, introspective look at the J/C relationship from
Janeway's POV. I'm enjoyed the follow-up as it ties things up nicely.

Comment #1015
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 35Wigglewort by Christina
Comment: Cute. I liked this look at the relationship between Janeway
and Chakotay. It was a nice touch to include Mark and his wife.

Comment #1016
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 14Hold the Lift by janezy
Comment: A unique take on the classic 'stuck in a turbolift' scenario.
I really enjoyed the conversation between Janeway and Chakotay.

Comment #1017
Commentator: Seema
Counting:
Story: 15Hollow by janezy
Comment: An interesting and innovative explanation for Chakotay's
tattoo. Not to mention, a nice bit of angst over the same.

Last Comment in Digest Submitted:
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:53:20 -0500