Boston: Review of Kinky Weekend

Libby from BDS

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

BDSM COMES OF AGE IN BOSTON

By: Abilina

What a wonderful weekend for BDSM in Boston. It's been a long hard struggle
for us, trying to band together and solidify as a community. It's
really only been about five years that we have been organized and
finally some of the real magic of what we love and do had a peak
moment. The Scene's finest devotees were strutting their stuff this
weekend.

On Friday Danny, of LBD ("Leather By Danny") hosted a bondage night
at Manray's in Cambridge. It was a smashing success with a packed
house and lots of great energy. Danny has been hosting bondage events
for a few years in Boston, but this night was a culmination of his
creativity and love for The Scene. I arrived early to help set up
and the place was a frenzy. Skill saws, planks of wood, sawdust and
extension cords were everywhere. Danny and his crew were in the
midst of constructing a huge web made of chain. Furniture and
equipment were being rearranged. It didn't seem possible to be ready
by 9:00PM .

At 9:00PM on the dot the place was ready, everyone was dressed and
ready for the night. The club looked spectacular with lots of
Danny's new equipment. Racks, crosses, suspension equipment, bondage
cage, and of course the web. By 10:45 the place was packed , people
were dancing and the dungeon area was packed. Several hot scenes
were spotted. Hats off to Master T, Narcosis, and Jonathan for their
scene with Terry and Rox. Everyone was climbing on the Web, dancing
and shaking it back and forth. Bondage on the Web, bondage in the
cage and bondage to the walls. The music has hot, the temperature
just right (amazing for Manray!) and the smoke not to bad.

There were so many new faces - what a great night for them to find
The Scene, Manray and Danny's night. Lots of regular's too and a few
blasts from the past.
....Diana you looked Mavvalous! There was plenty of time to chat,
catch up and still meet new faces.

The energy was contagious, people were having a great time and
eroticisim was everywhere. Not bad for a club where you can't even
take off your clothes. Danny, it's been a long time since we sat
huddeled in a side pew at the Arlington Street Church, our backs to
the Vanilla's looking at your prototype cuffs. Great night. More,
more more.

But wait folks...there's more.

On Saturday night Boston Dungeon Society hosted a "Kinky Coffee
House" at Inner Explorations. Featured artist was John, a most
excellent blues guitarist. (and you thought he could only dust...)
A nice sized crowd sat down at little tables to watch John perform.
It was a "kinky only" repertoire with lots of great blues. Just when
we thought we'd been entertained to the hilt, in steps WilliamK with
his folk guitar and again we were mesmerized by Scene talent. Both
he and John performed their own original scene songs , "Sissy Maid
Blues" and "Roxanne's Scene" But still there was more - a surprise
set from Petronius, who just happened to have his guitar with him.
Wonderful eclectic set of leather slapping cowboy songs and English
Ballads of torture and murder. Not a dry eye with his rendition of
"Blood of Eden". With a voice like velvet and some impressive
yodeling, Pet "enslaved" his audience. Next was a sample set from
Glenzo with three original scene songs - we were cooking with gas!
Everyone enjoyed themselves with out even a whip being cracked. We
were reveling in our community and our sense of selves. I am sure
there will be many more kinky coffee houses to come. What a great
place to come and meet Scene folk and start to feel like you belong.

We're all looking forward to more great events. Spring is around the
corner and already there are rumblings of things to come. Details, we
want details! No, no, no, you'll have to wait...isn't that half the
fun?