ATVdiscounters......typical ripoff SUNL junk dealer!!!

Nomen Nescio

Sep 7, 2009, 3:25:43 AM9/7/09

http://rss.ireport.com/docs/DOC-57244

Online Scooter Ripoff

There is an increasing # of scooter saleson the rise due to high gas prices. Please beware of how and

where you shop. Some will promise alot of things but not deliver. The following story is 1 of those online

stores.

This store is atvdiscounter.com located in Fort Worth,Texas.

In Feb of 2008 I ordered a 50cc Sunl scooter for my son's birthday, and had payed for residential

shipping. I recieved it in about 3 weeks and had to pick it up @ my place of employment not @ my door, as

promised by atvdiscounter. After hauling it home and opening it, I soon realized that parts were missing,

and I was unable to assemble it.

I called the company and no one would answer the first 30 calls except Doug, whom is only in charge of

sales, (Not Management) after leaving message after message, and email after email, Finally got someone to

call me back. His name was John(parts dept), I told him about my situation,and said 'Ok, what I can do for

you, is send you some parts.' I replied 'I paid for a new scooter, not part of one,' he said 'My boss

says, Thats all I can do.'I was furious! As far as the shipping residentially goes I finally got that

money back after about 3 months of endless phone calls and emails with 1 reply from atvdiscounter. Which

by that time,I had spent that in phone calls.

So I had to take the scooter to a shop and pay for all the labor on a 'New Scooter.'By that time I noticed

both tires had slow leaks. After having it assembled, it ran for 1 week and had to be put in the shop

again, it was in the shop for 3 months,3! The mechanic could not find the problem, but thought it to be

the carburetor, please keep in mind he is not formiliar with the chinese Bikes. A local Sunl dealer found

the problem to be a bad carburetor,(bad machine work) and a bad choke.

The worst part about this whole thing is, it was for my son's Bithrday. So far he has rode the scooter 1

week. It is in the shop, where it remains waiting for another carburetor to be shipped in. I have in fact

called the main # for Sunl company, The Sunl corp. said 'You will have to deal with the people you bought

it from,we are not responsible.'

Don't believe the 'Good Deals' because it is fictional. So far I have paid $598 for the scooter, $50 in

parts and labor to have it assembled. $30 more to not find the problem. I will be spending $229 for parts

& labor on a carburetor, and new choke. Not including the gas I have wasted to take it to and from,and the

countless phone calls that I have made, plus the headache of all of it. Plus in the future I must buy 2

new tires. I'd say this total has cost me around $1200.

The only thing that this company has done is send me 2 parts(A shim for the wheel, and on lock for the

seat) and part of a scooter. Beware of this company. I have evidence to all of this as well as witnesses.

Doug is the main sales person,who seems like a really nice guy, but pay close attention to what he

says,and the actual truth. He had told me 7-10 days for delivery, it took 3 weeks. He also told me that a

easy install manual was included, and it was the owners manual only. I called him back and asked him where

the instruction manual was, and told him the only manual that was in it was the owners manual. He replied

'Thats it.'I told him he had told me there was a easy instruction manual in it. He said 'Yeah,you've got

it right there,ok thanks bye' and hung up.

You can certainly look up this company or other companies @ ripoffreport.com to back this story up. I also

spoke with a local dealer,and he stated that "The good scooters are given to local dealers and the left

over 1's are sold online."Beware of these online "Good Deals"

Derrick
Kingsport, Tennessee

====

http://www.complaints.com/2008/december/3/DON_T_BUY_FROM_ATV_DISCOUNTERS_195174.htm

DON'T BUY FROM ATV DISCOUNTERS

SUNL SCOOTERS
atv discounters
6795 corporation pkwy #200
ft. worth texas 76126
ft.worth texas, Te 76126

DON'T BUY FROM ATV DISCOUNTERS. What a ripoff. I bought 20 scooters from them for resale, there was

shipping damage, I filed the claims yet not one replacement part has been replaced. One of the scooters

they sent could not be sold in florida, that means i get no title now i have a scooter i can't sell. I had

a scooter with 1.9 miles on it and the cdi unit and carb was bad. they would not honor the warrenty

because I purchased it more than 30 days prior. Kari barling sain she would start the warrenties as i sold

the scooters, that she did not honor her promise.I have had many problems with 20 sunl scooters and atv

discounters did not warrenty the first part. save your money and time and buy from a company that will

answer the phone when you call. atv discounters only recieves recorded messages and emails, this is a

waste of your time and money!!!!!
From: Message Author (click here to email author)
Date: Wednesday, 03-Dec-08 10:51:26 CST

Business: Reply Online Consumer: Comment On This
Comment On This

I placed an order for a scooter on March 24, 2009 and paid with my debit card. Hundreds of calls later and

lie after lie, I still do not have my scooter or my $1,850.00 that they charged my account.

ATV Discounter stole my money as far as im concerned. I have filed a civil suit against them 2 weeks ago

after giving them 30 days to either return the money or ship my scooter. These people think that they can

get away with this? They are wrong, dont become a victim of these thieves, ORDER SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!

If anyone else has any idea how we can get something done with this company, please email me! Marty

tricountyhandyman AT live.com
From: Message Author (click here to email author)
Date: Sunday, 26-Jul-09 23:46:39 CDT

Business: Reply Online Consumer: Comment On This
Comment On This

I purchased 4 units in Pennsylvania and 6 months later I still do not have titles. They are giving me the

run-a-round and I am very sick of it. This company is unprofessional and have very poor customer service.

All they care about is the sale. They have no service after the sale as evidenced by the hundreds of

complaints filed against them with the BBB of Fort Worth. Avoid this company.
From: Message Author (click here to email author)
Date: Saturday, 31-Jan-09 00:07:15 CST

Business: Reply Online Consumer: Comment On This
Comment On This

My name is Barbara Sollberger, if you are interested in a class action lawsuit. My number is 972 859-9359.

Unscrupulous business practices.

Sincerely,

Barbara & Gene Sollberger

Message has been deleted

noauth

Sep 7, 2009, 11:30:05 PM9/7/09

>Unusual, I couldn't find the old thread on SUNL even reading from
>GoogleGroups...

SUNL has hired an "internet cleaner" to get the bad press and posts off the internet
and give them a better reputation. Personally...don't think it would do much good. They
should just close up or do like most of the Chinese junk dealers do, change their name.

Stealth Tuba

Sep 27, 2009, 3:20:08 PM9/27/09

Google Groups' search function has been badly messed up for a long time. (I
just did a search on Kymco and got no results.) I guess they've moved on to
other things and don't see the point in maintaining it, or have plain
forgotten that it exists.

Message has been deleted

Stealth Tuba

Oct 6, 2009, 7:05:09 PM10/6/09
WaIIy wrote:
> You must be doing something wrong.
>
> Results 1 - 10 of about 329,000 for Kymco.
> http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=Kymco&qt_s=Search+Groups

Nope. Try this:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.scooter/search?group=alt.scooter&q=kymco&qt_g=Search+this+group

The one article it returns is the article where I said that I got no
returns.