Soap Opera Feeling .....

Farid Hamjavar

Nov 20, 1991, 5:54:46 PM11/20/91
Hello Everyone : 11/20/91

I have been following this news group for one week.

Why do I get a feeling like I am watching "General Hospital" or
"One life to live" or etc. when I go through this news group?

Farid Hamjavar
hamj...@triton.unm.edu
Eternity is amount of time that it takes to know everything.

The Hwyman

Nov 20, 1991, 6:35:19 PM11/20/91
In article <cx5...@lynx.unm.edu> hamj...@triton.unm.edu (Farid Hamjavar)
writes:

> Why do I get a feeling like I am watching "General Hospital" or
> "One life to live" or etc. when I go through this news group?

Fact is strange than fiction. Then there are soap operas....

Hwy
--
Currently sitting on moon rock.

John R. Grout

Nov 20, 1991, 7:22:45 PM11/20/91
hta...@wam.umd.edu (The Hwyman) writes:

>In article <cx5...@lynx.unm.edu> hamj...@triton.unm.edu (Farid Hamjavar)
>writes:
>> Why do I get a feeling like I am watching "General Hospital" or
>> "One life to live" or etc. when I go through this news group?
>>
>Fact is strange than fiction. Then there are soap operas....

The great physicist Eddington once said (in effect) that the universe is not
only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we CAN imagine.

--
John R. Grout | INTERNET: j-g...@uiuc.edu

University of Illinois | If you don't knock,
Urbana, IL USA | no one can answer!

mef...@woods.ulowell.edu

Nov 21, 1991, 3:38:55 AM11/21/91

Because you are(choose one of the following):

1. Inhuman, and have nevcer had to deal with romance, or the
problems associated with it.

2. Smug to the point of arrogance, revealing some sort of
insecurity about the sharing of life's experiences.

3. Lost as to the purpose of alt.romance.

Whichever you may choose, please remember that no one forced you to
read this newsgroup, and I for one like it just the way it is.

Rob (hoping that if this is *sortofflamish* that others will
forgive a somewhat overactive defense mechanism! After all,
this is my favourite newsgroup!)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
< Robert Meffan UML Men's Vball! #1 in 1992! >
< UMass at Lowell "I promise you, a promise, that, I'll run >
< Lowell, MA away with you!" -the cure >
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lisa Dominique

Nov 21, 1991, 8:25:34 AM11/21/91
In article <cx5...@lynx.unm.edu> hamj...@triton.unm.edu (Farid Hamjavar) writes:

Hey, I can tell you why....Yesterday on "A Closer Look"
they devoted the half hour to interviewing actors
from Days of Our Lives (This is the only soap I tape
to watch, and has been a favorite for years.) Anyway,
some were asked what they thought the attraction was
of soap operas. The answer....one word.... "ROMANCE".
No kidding!! Peter Reckell (who plays Bo Brady)
continued to expand on this and I think he is right.
You don't out and out SEE the SEX on soaps, but there's
lots left to the imagination, lots of kissing, hugs,
support, Hot Steamy Talk .... **ROMANCE**
So, maybe this is why you feel the way you do.
**Smile**

Have a good day!! :-)

Lis
Secretary to the President of the
Romantic Fire Association

p.s. Heaven is a *hug* and a *smile* (AND Romance!! :-) )

Jeff Gadfly Goldman

Nov 21, 1991, 3:00:36 PM11/21/91
In article <cx5...@lynx.unm.edu>, hamj...@triton.unm.edu (Farid Hamjavar) writes:
>Hello Everyone : 11/20/91
>
>I have been following this news group for one week.
>
>Why do I get a feeling like I am watching "General Hospital" or
>"One life to live" or etc. when I go through this news group?

It is: Alt.Romance (and life) is like a soap opera, only more so :-)
jeff