Holocaust: Only for the chosen few?

Sahib3

Jan 24, 2001, 7:02:37 PM1/24/01
I remember a college party and a young Jewish acquaintance ranting and raving
about the campus homosexuals who had taken to decorating their leaflets with
pink triangles. He seemed to think this pretty digusting that homosexuals (no
less) were somehow exploiting this symbol of their time in the camps and making
some claim to having been persecuted. I offered, by way of sympathy, that many
different people had perished in the camps including my grandfather at
Mathausen (Schutz.). He didn't take well to this and suggested that it was
only the Jews who did any _real_ suffering under Hitler. It was from this
incident that I began to get an inkling that all of the high flown rhetoric
about "remembering," etc., was only for the chosen few. Any universal lesson
to be learned from the Holocaust had been lost amid the shuffle to jockey for
the prestige of vicitm status and to stick one's nose up in the air.

Susie

Jan 24, 2001, 8:05:37 PM1/24/01

Sahib3 wrote in message <20010124190237...@ng-da1.aol.com>...

There's good and bad in all walks of life. I'd like to think that on this
group you'll be met with none of that. Many were slaughtered by Hitler, and
I think those of Jewish persuation or descent on this group accept this.
There are enough of us here to remind them should you find that not to be
the case.

--
Susie

Buck Turgidson

Jan 25, 2001, 7:35:32 PM1/25/01
Oh, yeah, this is real believable. No eau-de-bullshit about this one, oh no.

Sahib3 wrote:

-- Dep

"Always tell the truth. It's the § "Truth is just...truth. You can't
easiest thing to remember." § have opinions about truth."
--David Mamet --Peter Schickele

"It doesn't require much thought. One does not need 'facts' to interpret."
--The Liar David E. Michael

Sahib3

Jan 26, 2001, 2:32:48 PM1/26/01
Buck Turgidson wrote: >Oh, yeah, this is real believable. No eau-de-bullshit

about this one, oh no.

I think that the Scheisse you're smelling must be that account of flaming
crematory chimnies, Jewish soap or sadistic Hitler Youth sitting nearby or
perhaps you're just smelling yourself?

Buck Turgidson

Jan 26, 2001, 7:54:39 PM1/26/01

Sahib3 wrote:

Don't you have a bus to run in front of?