A Formidable (Swift) Essay on "Critics & Critical Mass"

DreamKing

Oct 23, 2005, 1:51:10 PM10/23/05
The following essay was composed by J. Swift. The original full title
was (& is): "The Critics Have Reached Critical Mass"

"The critics of Scientology have achieved critical mass. There is
currently a critical mass of global public outrage and ridicule being
directed at Scientology. This critical mass runs along the strong
central axis of all major and minor media outlets as well as both the
old and new anti-Scientology websites such as xenu.org, scienTOMogy,
Lermanet, gerryarmstrong.org, etc.

That there has been such a heavy backlash against Scientology in
popular culture is not some sudden phenomenon. It is rather a
long-overdue indictment of Scientology by a planet outraged by decades
of Scientology's inexcusable lies, intimidation, and brutality.
Scientology has pulled this in on itself because it first created and
then perpetuated a culture of brutality, hostility, inhumanity, and
intrigue against society which was expressed in Operation Snow White
and continues to manifest itself in the covert operations of OSA, the
utter inhumanity of RPF, and the terrrorism of Fair Game. Scientology
created the preconditions necessary for the wide public contempt and
scorn it is now justly receiving at the hands of the planetary
citizenry and its media.

In 1967 L. Ron Hubbard declared war against humanity and freedom by
asserting his policy of Fair Game against the world. LRH basically said
that Scientology was a law unto itself and that it would viciously
destroy its critics by any means possible. LRH was on the high seas in
the period when he declared Fair Game. That LRH was in the high seas
imbued him with a piratical spirit in which he said he and his
followers would attack and destroy anyone who opposed them. Ron
suddenly became a global religious pirate who served noticed that
Scientology was at war with the world and would remain in a condition
of war until the world capitulated to Scientology and turned over its
governments to Scientology rule.

The primary purpose of Fair Game was to savagely destroy Scientology's
critics by use of great violence. The secondary purpose of Fair Game
was to instill a fear of Scientology in the public at large in order to
chill freedom of speech and to prevent people from taking actions
adverse to Scientology.

LRH knew that if he loudly destroyed his enemies that he could
accomplish two things: 1) He could easily afford to quietly pay
settlements to the people he had ruined, but only after they had been
utterly ruined and had surrendered to CoS by signing non-disclosure
agreements, and, 2) Keep the public at large so afraid of Scientology's
vengeance that people would not say anything or do anything negative
about Scientology for fear of retribution. In this manner, LRH adopted
the brutal tactics of all tyrants who fear the truth and live to steal,
plunder, and destroy.

LRH didn't care what the public thought about him or Scientology as
long as the world's population stayed quiet and allowed Scientology to
destroy its critics and to harvest victims from the world's population
by use of its systematic program of mind-control that masqueraded as a
religion.

******

The Pirate Fortress of Scientology began to crumble when Tom Cruise
attacked Matt Lauer and then bizzarely displayed his love for Katie
Holmes. Tom's angry and irrational behavior suddenly crystallized into
a critical mass of anger that had been simmering in Western Culture for
several decades.

Factually, the huge amount of ridicule and anger recently directed at
Scientology did not appear overnight. It did not come from out of
nowhere. It rather came from deep wellsprings of resentment against
Scientology that have been building pressure for decades. Moreover, all
of the mechanisms were already in place to allow critical mass to be
reached almost instanteously.

The major critics such as Gerry Armstrong, Jon Atack, Jesse Price,
Arnie Lerma, and Karen Spaink had been doing the heavy lifting and
fighting the good fight for decades. Websites such as this one,
Andreas' celebrated xenu.net aka Operation Clambake, had been in
operation widely dissemenating the truth about Scientology. The upper
level materials had been exposed and widely ridiculed. Step by step,
all of the elements were building to a climatic confrontation between
Western Culture and Scientology.

******

The huge planetary backlash against Scientology that has been seen in
recent months was the consequence of LRH's Declaration of War, of Fair
Game, against all people who opposed Scientology. Tom Cruise himself
reasserted LRH's Declaration of War against humanity:
Quote:
"Some people, well, if they don't like Scientology, well, then, fuck
you." He rises from the table. "Really." He points an angry finger at
the imaginary enemy. "Fuck you." His face reddens. "Period."

ref:
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6420217?rnd=1129925845967&has-player=true&version=6.0.12.1059

Tom exposed his militant religious fantacism when he uttered these
words. These words would prove to boomerang, for once Tom uttered this
curse the world took wide notice of his abusive Scientological curse
and would return it to him in spades.

******

In what has to be one of the most ill-advised TV interviews ever, Tom
Cruise chose to attack the science of psychiatry, and by extension
science altogether, with a religion based on a little green man named
Xenu, an E-Meter, and Body Thetans.

The Matt Lauer/Tom Cruise interview was Scientology's Pearl Harbor.
This was the defining moment when the forces of the Western media and
people worldwide saw a major weakness in Scientology and launched a
broad attack where Scientology least expected it, and that would be Tom
Cruise. Scientology wrongly thought that Tom Cruise was invicible and
that the media would never dare attack him. But by this time Pat
Kingsley was gone as Tom's PR guru. She had been replaced by Tom's
sister and fellow Scientologist, Lee Anne DeVette. Stripped of the
guidance and protection of Pat Kingsley, the stage was set for disaster
in Tom's career.

Tom Cruise and Scientology were caught sleeping. They never suspected
that the planet was so angry at them. People all across the globe were
watching and waiting for an opportunity to repay Scientology for
inflicting decades of intimidation and outrageous and uncivilized
barbarism upon the planet.

******

Tom Cruise's Oprah appearance was his personal Little Big Horn, for he
allowed his ego to lead his power and prestiege into a media massacre
he never saw coming. Tom thought the Oprah interview would be a romp
where he could use his fabled charm to undo the damage he did in the
Matt Lauer interview. He thought he could use his charm to stem the
floodtide of criticism, the peals of scalding laughter and scorn, and
the devastatingly effective satire that were being directed at himself
and Scientology. The criticisms, laughter, and the very fierce satire
were uncontrolled and uncontrollable by Scientology, which is by nature
a control-freak organization whose hyper-organization Freud would
describe as being anal retentive.

The Top Gun badly overcorrected and flamed-out on Oprah. What was
supposed to be boyish charm was seen as full adult lunacy and perhaps
even the erratic hints of an approaching insanity. The cracks in Tom
Cruise's armor widened to become chasms. The world looked into these
chasms and finally saw the real Tom Cruise and it was disturbing.

Tom lost altitude in the vast skies of the world media and plummeted
like a rock.

There proved to be a huge difference between Pat guiding his career and
Lee Anne trying to fly him through something as major as an Oprah
interview. Oprah is not a cable channel in Brazil where Tom can flub
it. Oprah is the world and Tom flamed-out in the most important venue
in the world. It was a stunning loss for the biggest actor on the
planet.

******

People were absolutely outraged when Tom Cruise attacked the very
likable Matt Lauer and Brooke Shields. Tom was being an imperious
Scientology bully and people finally had had enough of Scientology's
bullying and intimidation.

This whole thing is not about psychiarty versus Scientology. It has
very little to do with psychiarty and rather everything to do with the
planet being completely fed up with Scientology's intimidation tactics.
The planet is no longer willing to accept Scientology's intimidation
tactics.

Tom Cruise just happened to be the person who crystallized the
planetary resentment against Scientology's intimidation tactics.

******

The internet and the rest of the media immediately ran with the stories
of Tom Cruise's belligerent and irrational Scientology behavior. The
deep wellsprings of resentment against Scientology burst forth: The dam
broke. The anger and contempt against Scientology that had been stored
for decades engulfed Scientology in the floodwaters of popular outrage.

There is now so much negative media against Scientology that its
private covert operations bureau named "OSA" is overwhelmed.
Scientology calls negative media "entheta" and OSA is drowning in a
flood of entheta that even its magical OT powers cannot stop.

A poster here at xenu.net named entheta_nyc wrote a public letter to
Scientology's covert operatives:
Quote:
Dearest OSA gals and goons: So...getting much sleep lately? I can't
imagine that you have been. Must really suck having so many new
situations to handle. Imagine how much enturbulation is not getting
monitored, let alone getting handled, these days. And, it must be a
real bummer that to the extent OSA had tech to handle the critics on
the web up until this point (not very successfully, mind you), none of
those strategies are even applicable to the new critics. Face it: there
is no tech for handling "scienTOMogy" or anything else that totally
ridicules Scientology and doesn't even bother to take it seriously.
As long as your job was to handle people trying to disseminate OT
materials or former members speaking out you could delude yourself into
thinking that this was a fight you could win or a situation that could
be handled. Not. Any. More. You would have to handle every single
person on this planet who has a sense of humor... I couldn't come up
with a bigger joke than Scientology if I tried.

ref: http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=14994

******

It is true: Scientology will never again be the same following Tom
Cruise's disastrous PR flaps. The best Scientology could do following
the debacle was to try to swindle the victims of Hurricane Katrina and
attack scienTOMogy. Imagine the immorality of trying to sell expensive
Scientology courses to people whose homes and lives were ruined by
Hurricane Katrina! Yet it is true: Like vultures swooping down on the
victims of a terrible natural disaster, over 1,000 Scientologists went
down to Louisiana and other states in a concerted attempt to get
traumatized victims to join Scientology and sign away their FEMA monies
and insurance settlements to Scientology.

Can you say depraved?

******

OSA's attack on the brilliantly comical website scienTOMogy has to be
the lamest, weakest, and most boomeranging legal attack Scientology has
ever launched. For Scientology to attack a comedy website made it seem
pathetic and clueless. Go look and at scienTOMogy and decide for
yourself if the author deserved to be intimidated by a Scientology
private investigator:

ref: http://65.58.242.81/scientomogy.com.php

Scientology also tried to get the website's author fired from his job
for expressing free speech.

This is the exact sort of religious intimidation and moral criminality
that causes people globally to ridicule Scientology and to hold it in
contempt.

Payday has come for Scientology.

By being completely unable to handle the onslaught of humor except by
tepid legal threats that everyone laughed at, Scientology has shown
that it has feet of clay. Scientology was able to defeat the IRS, but
it has shown that it can't take a joke.

Humor is one of the best weapons to use against Scientology. As the
Christians say, "The Devil hates to be laughed at." So does
Scientology. You make the connection.

*****

One prediction is that DM will order some heads of critics to be put on
pikes in order to show that Scientology is as big and bad as ever.
However, after the boomerang following OSA's attempted acts of domestic
terrorism upon Fred Durks by use of a hired goon, Scientology will have
to think very carefully about what it does because all of the radars of
Western culture are up worldwide. The media and the planet are just
waiting for Scientology to make its next mistake.

Has Scientology gotten the message from the planet that we want it to
change and become peaceful and law-abiding or does it want more bad
roads, more bad weather, and more bad press?

Did Scientology get the message?

*****

Scientology is now at a major crossroads in its life. It has to either
radically reform itself now or Western Culture will continue to use the
media to relentlessly take apart Scientology in the courts of world
opinion.

Scientology has to declare that it is no longer in a state of war
against its critics or the world at large. Scientology has to announce
the cessation of hostilities against its critics and the world ar large
and publicly announce sweeping internal and external humanitarian
reforms.

The alternative for Scientology is to continue to face the critical
mass of negative global opinion and diminishing stats. It is hard to be
a Scientologist these days. All internal reports indicate a siege
mentality and downstats. The best course of action for Scientologists
is to go offlines for awhile and see what RTC does next:

Will there be an amnesty?

Will there be sweeping internal and external humanitarian reforms?

Will there be price reductions?

*****

In its present form, Scientology cannot repair the damage that it has
done to itself let alone clear the planet.

What will Scientology do to repair itself?

Perhaps the larger question is if Scientology can repair itself?"

J.Swift

Skipper

Oct 23, 2005, 6:39:22 PM10/23/05
God bless that little jerk.

DreamKing

Oct 23, 2005, 10:18:11 PM10/23/05
Whoa there Skipper.....

The blessing is in the message itself, the messenger being
inconsequential. So to speak.

Of course I realize (in hindsight) the error was all mine.

Lol.

Shouldn't have mentioned the author's nick in the beginning. Should've
waited until the end.

Nonetheless the piece itself is quite formidable. Not lacking in the
essential ingredients of insight & instinct & clarity & wit (that tend
to constitute a powerful prose) it inspires the individually weakest
amongst us to capture a sense of our collective strength. Which
collective strength is critical to us all, individually. In terms of
defeating Hubbards Intrusive Insanity (called Scientology).

Take for example the statement: "That there has been such a heavy

backlash against Scientology in popular culture is not some sudden
phenomenon. It is rather a long-overdue indictment of Scientology by a
planet outraged by decades of Scientology's inexcusable lies,
intimidation, and brutality".

Here we have an excellent example of what it means to inspire "an
expansion of perspective" as it relates to oneself relative to ones
world. No small potatos here.

To wit: Hubbards Intrusive Insanity has caused near unspeakable
psychological damage to near countless individuals whom necessarily
suffered it in silence (alone). Not realizing their aloneless (in
suffering) was shared by great masses of others (whom suffered the same
fate).

This then unites the individual with the world.

Or at least with a world.

A world of Hubbardarian theory gone wrong. Terribly wrong. Or perhaps
more ominus, gone right.

In addition then, from the essay "Critics & Critical Mass" we get this:

"In 1967 L. Ron Hubbard declared war against humanity and freedom by
asserting his policy of Fair Game against the world. LRH basically said
that Scientology was a law unto itself and that it would viciously
destroy its critics by any means possible. LRH was on the high seas in
the period when he declared Fair Game. That LRH was in the high seas
imbued him with a piratical spirit in which he said he and his
followers would attack and destroy anyone who opposed them. Ron
suddenly became a global religious pirate who served noticed that
Scientology was at war with the world and would remain in a condition
of war until the world capitulated to Scientology and turned over its
governments to Scientology rule".

Now to read the above statement Skipper, and call the author of it a
jerk, is ok with me. But I would dare say: either something was lost in
the translation of it (by you), or something was lost long before it
appeared (to you). So to speak. No disrespect intended. Perspective is
a funny thing. On par with (and related to) interpretation. Being
cousins, not twins.

If it were up to me I would make Swifts Essay on "Critics and Critical
Mass" required reading for all scientologists, past and present, pro
and con.

But then, I'm not Hubbard. And it's not up to me.

I tend to merely behold. With occassional outbursts of uncontrollable
commentary. Lol.

How's the wife and kids?

ZU

Skipper

Oct 23, 2005, 11:27:58 PM10/23/05
In article <1130120290.9...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
DreamKing <christ...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Whoa there Skipper.....

Sounds like a bunch of pretentiousness.

Hubbard was evil. It's that simple.

Don't act like you know me when you're not even identifying yourself.

Muldoon

Oct 24, 2005, 12:11:28 AM10/24/05

Skipper wrote:
> In article <1130120290.9...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> DreamKing <christ...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Whoa there Skipper.....
>
> Sounds like a bunch of pretentiousness.
>
> Hubbard was evil. It's that simple.
>
> Don't act like you know me when you're not even identifying yourself.

Hubbard was evil. That is simple.

Hubbard was devious and exploited the goodness in people. That ain't so
simple.

DreamKing

Oct 24, 2005, 7:39:14 PM10/24/05
"Don't act like you know me when you're not even identifying yourself."
Skipper

Before you were, I am.

Ok ok, just kidding. A little light hearted joke. It's true, I do not
know you, but I do know your type. To wit: Long before you were born
into the world there were individuals in the world expressing the exact
same type of emotional/mental attitudes as you are expressing today.
And long after you are dead and gone, others will follow in your
footsteps.

Can you grasp that concept Skip?

If not, let me rephrase it: You aint the first Skipper on the boat pal.
Get over it.

Lighten up. Relax. Have a beer. Lay off the judgement of others long
enough to realize you ain't Gods gift to us all.

Which neither is Mr. Swift. Nor Muldoon, nor I.

There's only one God, and that is Ron. THE SOURCE.

All hail to Ron, all Hail to Ron All Hail To Ron.....

Muldoon penned:

"Hubbard was evil. That is simple.

Hubbard was devious and exploited the goodness in people. That ain't so
simple".

Enough said.

ZU