Randy McDonald Story -- RTC is Altering Scientology and Expells those who Protest

friendship

Nov 4, 2005, 12:11:34 PM11/4/05
From: Reposter <Repos...@Reposter.Org>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: The McDonald Papers
Date: 24 Jul 2003 00:12:57 -0700

The McDonald Papers
On the web at http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/7301/
(sorry -- this link is no longer active)

Preface to The McDonald Papers

Jon Randall (Randy) McDonald was a contracted staff songwriter with MCA

Publishing in Los Angeles when he first became introduced to
Scientology
in early 1971. Within a matter of a few months, he beseeched Warren
Brown, then the West Coast Vice President for Publishing at MCA, to let

him out of his contract so that he could pursue his new-found religious

convictions. Brown reluctantly agreed, and Randy McDonald signed a Sea
Org contract at Celebrity Centre in Los Angeles.

Randy served in the Sea Organization for 12 years, from 1971 until
1983.
He held several executive posts, receiving extensive administrative
training,
and working directly with Yvonne (Gillham) Jentzsch, who had
established
Celebrity Centre.

In 1974 he became editor of "Celebrity," the official magazine of the
Church
of Scientology Celebrity Centre. Although his title was editor, he also
art
directed and designed the publication, did illustrations and
photography for
it, and interviewed some of the biggest names in Scientology, including
John
Travolta, Chick Corea, and Diana Hubbard, among many others. He was
personally commended by L. Ron Hubbard for the quality of "Celebrity"
magazine.

In 1983, having been promoted to the position of Acting Commanding
Officer
PR for Celebrity Centre International, he was illegally ordered to the
RPF.
Randy refused to go. As a result, a Fitness Board was convened on him,
giving him a Catch-22 choice: either choose to go to the RPF, or be
charged
with "wanting to leave the Sea Org." Since he steadfastly refused to go
the RPF, it was ruled that he "wanted to leave," so he was deemed
"unfit"
and routed out of the Sea Org.

Randy moved his family to his home town, Huntsville, Alabama, where he
became a partner in an advertising firm.

But by 1986, he was receiving offers to come back to L.A. and work in
design there. He and his family moved back, and within six months Randy

had been hired by Bridge Publications, Inc. (BPI) to handle the
advertising
and marketing campaigns for L. Ron Hubbard's "Mission Earth" series.
Randy wrote, designed, and art directed the international advertising
campaigns for Volumes V through X of the series, and in the meantime
was
secured by Author Service, Inc. (ASI) to design their "Special
Properties"
catalog, and to be the writer (writing as "Jon Randall") who would
adapt the
first five "Mission Earth" volumes to audio cassette scripts for Random

House.

Yet for all his accomplishments, contributions, and commendations,
Randy
McDonald has now been declared a suppressive person and expelled from
the
Church. Why?

It started in August of 1994, when he became aware of an issue put out
by the current management of the Church. It was, to Randy McDonald, and

alarming issue--a type of issue never established by the Founder of
Sci-
entology, L. Ron Hubbard. It was called a "Scientology Policy
Directive." It
was an illegal issue-type. It had no official status or power according
standard Scientology policy, but it was being used to stop people's
prog-
ress in Scientology. So Randy McDonald wrote it up to senior-most man-
agement, expecting that it would be cancelled forthwith.

Instead, his report set off a chain of bizarre events that led Randy
deeper
and deeper into an investigation of what lay behind such a ridiculous
issue,
and deeper and deeper into attacks on him, his family, his friends, his

character, and his motives.

The story took nearly two years to unfold.

It is a story that could never be fully told in narrative. It can only
be told
with the original documents, carefully preserved by a handful of
faithful
archivists whom the world will probably never know.

You will find them written to by Randy McDonald in this archive:
Mookie,
Little John, Terpsichore, Elf, JD, Darwin, Aquarius, Ace of Spades, Ace
of
Hearts, Ace of Clubs, and Ace of Diamonds.

Who are they? Who knows? Certainly DM does not know. Certainly OSA does

not know. Certainly IJC does not know. But certainly we have them to
thank
for this invaluable record of tyranny, ineffable injustice, blatant
criminality,
and imperious disdain, practised by a small handful of thugs in a
management
gone mad.

Certainly we have them to thank for these: The McDonald Papers.

The McDonald Papers

1. 14 September 1994 Original HIGH CRIME Report by Randy McDonald on
an SP Directive (Scientology Policy Directive) called PERSONAL INCOME
TAX, naming the Tax Compliance Officer OSA Int and AVC International
as being the guilty parties to the HIGH CRIME.

2. 14 May 1995 HIGH CRIME, SUPPRESSIVE ACT report written by Randy
McDonald on David Miscavige, Chairman of the Board of RTC, and on Jim
Morrow, Tax Compliance Officer OSA Int. For withhold of vital
information
regarding the secrecy of the agreement between COS and IRS.

3. 15 April 1995 HIGH CRIME, SUPPRESSIVE ACT report written by Randy
McDonald on Jim Morrow, Ray Mithoff, and AVC Int for SPDs existing and
being issued.

4. 7 July 1995 Non-Enturbulation Order issued on Randy McDonald and
six
other parishioners, naming them as "tax protestors," and referencing
the
SP Directive called PERSONAL INCOME TAX. This is the document that
created the "Scientology Seven."

5. 13 July 1995 Randy McDonald's reply to receipt of Non
Enturbulation
Order.

6. 18 August 1995 Bill of Particulars for the Committee of Evidence
convened on Randy McDonald and four of the original "Scientology
Seven."
Though this Committee was insisted upon by various of the Interested
Parties, no mention is made of that fact in the Bill of Particulars,
and it
is left to appear as though this is a form of discipline by the Church.

7. 23 August 1995 FAX from Randy McDonald to Paul Laquerre re: get-
ting a copy of the Comm Ev Bill of Particulars and arranging testimony.

8. 9 September 1995 Knowledge Report by Randy McDonald detailing a
phone call between him and the LRH Comm at CC Int, Matthew Veenker.
Veenker was the Convening Authority for the Comm Ev.

9. 30 September 1995 FAX from Randy McDonald to the Comm Ev Sec-
retary, advising her that he was arriving in Los Angeles for the Comm
Ev
that day, but had been given no notification of place and time, as had
been
promised.

10. 30 September 1995 Knowledge Report by Randy McDonald, written
for the Committee of Evidence, regarding the charges of the Committee
of
Evidence.

11. 17 December 1995 New Bill of Particulars disbanding the original

Committee (see file of 18 August 1995) and seating a new one. NOTE:
This is FOUR MONTHS after the original Committee was convened. Also
note
that this Bill does NOT mention SP Directives anywhere in it.

12. 22 December 1995 Letter FAXed to Matthew Veenker from Randy
McDonald with terse message regarding the "Comm Ev."

13. 24 February 1996 Second letter FAXed to Matthew Veenker regarding

no results from the "Comm Ev" (really only a joke at this point)
TWO-HUN-
DRED DAYS after it was convened, and SIXTY-FOUR DAYS since the new
"committee" had been appointed.

14. 7 March 1996 The now-famous 23-page HIGH CRIME report written by
Randy McDonald on David Miscavige, declaring David Miscavige a
Suppressive
Person, and providing evidence of federal felonies. It was written as a
result
of investigating why the Findings and Recommendations of the Commit-
tee(s) of Evidence had never been allowed to see the light of day. Many

of the issues contained in this report had come up in "pulling the
string"
on SP Directives, and the Committee members (both sets) had been given
much of the information. But the Findings and Recommendations of both
seated committees had been suppressed.

15. 9 May 1996 Letter FAXed to Randy McDonald from Kurt Weiland,
Deputy Commanding Officer of OSA Int, threatening Randy with being
declared (as a suppressive person and expelled from the Church) if
Randy
didn't come to L.A. and show up physically at OSA Int.

16. 9 May 1996 Letter from Randy McDonald, FAXed to Kurt Weiland in
response to Weiland's FAXed letter of same date (see entry above), and
stating that Randy would not be coming to L.A.

17. 13 May 1996 2nd letter FAXed from Kurt Weiland to Randy McDonald,
following up both Randy's 9 May letter, and a phone call between them
that
occurred on 11 or 12 May.

18. 23 May 1996 Randy McDonald's reply to Kurt Weiland's letter of 13
May (see entry above). In it Randy spells out exactly on what terms he

would consider coming to L.A., and exactly what would have to be
addressed
and accomplished.

19. 2 June 1996 Randy McDonald's follow-up to his 23 May letter to
Kurt
Weiland. There had been no response whatsoever to the 23 May letter. In

this letter, Randy attaches print-outs of federal criminal statutes
that he
feels may be involved, and urges Weiland to contact him. There is no
re-
sponse to this letter, either. The next thing to issue forth from
anyone
connected with the Church is Randy McDonald's expulsion and declare.

20. 11 June 1996 Suppressive Person Declare on Randy McDonald.
Boiler-
plate generalities and blatantly false accusations are the foundation
on
which it is built.

21. 12 June 1996 Randy McDonald's request to the HCO Area Secretary
at Celebrity Centre Nashville for a Committee of Evidence, as is his
right
per the HCO PL on Suppressive Person declares.

22. 13 June 1996 Letter from Randy McDonald to the archivists of
these
documents, advising them that he had been decleared, and that he was
go-
ing to pursue handling it on normal Church lines.

23. 14 June 1996 Letter FAXed from IJC Al Sternson to Randy McDonald,

advising Randy that the policy had been changed (!), blocking the
requested
Comm Ev on a technicality (that Randy had misrouted the request per the

policy revision), and stating that Randy would have to apply to IJC in
order
to receive a Comm Ev (while making other sly implications).

24. 16 June 1996 Randy McDonald's FAXed scathing response to IJC Al
Sternson's letter of 14 June (see entry above). Randy attaches a copy
of
his amended request for a Comm Ev (see entry below), and refers to it
in
this letter.

25. 16 June 1996 Randy's amended request for a Committee of Evidence,
routed to Continental Justice Chief East U.S. per the "revised" policy
ref-
ereneced by IJC Al Sternson in his 14 June letter. Randy demands a
Com-
mittee of Evidence as his right in policy, and demands that it be
convened
at Celebrity Centre Nashville, quoting all the relevent policy that
requires
that it be held there. Randy also spells out all the reasons he
believes there
will be an attempted effort to force him to come to L.A., and spells
out in
detail why that would be both impossible and off-policy.

26. 16 June 1996 A letter by Randy's wife, Ronni McDonald, to the
archiv-
ists, containing copies of letters written by several of the McDonald
children
(Paige, Devin, and Grayson) to IJC Al Sternson, asking him to please
handle
this situation with their father fairly.

27. 17 June 1996 Matthew Veenker's infamous (and hilarious)
"KNOWLEDGE
REPORT" on Stephen Mitchell, where Veenker freely admits that he
(Veenker)
intercepted mail not addressed to him (a federal felony) when Mitchell
tried
to send information to the HCO Area Secretary at CC Nashville in
support of
Randy McDonald for the anticipated Comm Ev.

28. 18 June 1996 Randy McDonald's FAXed letter to the senior OSA Mis-
sionaire at CC Nashville advising them to cease and desist any further
vio-
lation of Randy's civil and constitutional rights, and to cease and
desist in
their efforts to slander and libel him.

29. 21 June 1996 Bill of Particular for Randy McDonald's requested
Com-
mittee of Evidence, approved by IJC Al Sternson. Naturally, it is
ordered
that the Committee be held in Los Angeles, making it impossible for
Randy
to attend.

30. 22 June 1996 A letter from IJC Al Sternson advising Randy
McDonald
that he is "getting the hearing" he requested, and giving vapid
justifications
for the Committee being convened in L.A.

31. 24 June 1996 A HIGH CRIME and FELONY report on IJC Al Sternson,
et
al. This report lays out in detail the entire chain of events leading
up to the
declare on Randy McDonald and the Committee of Evidence he requested.
It
spells out violations of federal criminal codes by the parties named in
the
report, and explains why all of it has been obstruction of justice,
designed
to protect and hide the crimes of David Miscavige and his closest
associ-
ates.

32. 25 June 1996 Query of Order on the Committee of Evidence Bill of
Par-
ticulars.

33. 25 June 1996 Query of Order on the Suppressive Person Declare.

34. 25 June 1996 Randy McDonald's Letter of Disconnection from David
Miscavige, Al Sternson, Kurt Weiland, Lyman Spurlock, et al.

35. 28 June 1996 The Committe of Evidence Findings and Recommenda-
tions confirming Randy McDonald's Suppressive Person Declare, and
finding
him guilty of all charges against him (because he didn't show up in
L.A. for
it).

36. 29 June 1996 IJC Al Sternson's cover letter that came to Randy
McDonald with a copy of the Findings and Recommendations. Sternson
characterizes Randy's charges of federal felonies as "meritless."

37. 13 July 1996 Randy McDonald's final letter to the archivists,
thanking
them for their help, and announcing the finality of the outcome. Randy

refers to the enclosure (see entry below) officially relinquishing all
his
rights to the documents in this index, and releasing them into the
public
domain.

38. 13 July 1996 Enclosure to letter of same date (see entry above)
officially relinquishing all his rights to the documents in this index,
and
releasing them into the public domain.

Text above and enclosed documents are collected after communication
with anonymous persons. HTML'ized by Andreas Heldal-Lund and hosted
by OPERATION CLAMBAKE. Stavanger, Norway - 1997

friendship

Nov 5, 2005, 1:14:06 AM11/5/05
The whole Randy McDonald cycle is very similar to other SP declares of
long-time Scientologists. The common denominator seems to be that
people who get declared are bringing to light ways in which DM and
other Scn execs are altering the tech of Scn -- a direct violation of
the Scn corporate by-laws of their various non-profit entitites.

Larry T.

Nov 5, 2005, 1:18:27 AM11/5/05
"friendship" <frien...@ureach.com> wrote in message
Friendship:

But proving it is difficult if not impossible because Scientologists WANT
these alterations. They want to follow them and apply them.

--
Larry
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeoqz2m/scientology/

Zinj

Nov 5, 2005, 1:41:49 AM11/5/05
frien...@ureach.com says...

I think it's unfair to accuse 'Current Management' of 'altering Tech'.
As Hubbard's heirs they are merely applying it; 'improving it' or
'forgetting it' *exactly* as Hubbard Himself would have done; at will,
arbitrarilly, opportunistically or, in short, any way He damn well
pleased.

Hubbard in His wisdom allowed his 'Church' to fall into the hands of
these yahoos, despite 'perfect' management Tech, PTS/SP Tech, and His
infinite wisdom in evaluating 'Case'; including Davey's.

If Hubbard didn't want it this way; it wouldn't be.

Lie back and enjoy it.

Zinj
--
Villains! I say to you now! Knock off all that Evil!
- The Tick

Eldonbraun

Nov 5, 2005, 7:01:57 AM11/5/05
Zinj wrote:
> In article <1131171246.0...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> frien...@ureach.com says...
> > The whole Randy McDonald cycle is very similar to other SP declares of
> > long-time Scientologists. The common denominator seems to be that
> > people who get declared are bringing to light ways in which DM and
> > other Scn execs are altering the tech of Scn -- a direct violation of
> > the Scn corporate by-laws of their various non-profit entitites.
>
> I think it's unfair to accuse 'Current Management' of 'altering Tech'.
> As Hubbard's heirs they are merely applying it; 'improving it' or
> 'forgetting it' *exactly* as Hubbard Himself would have done; at will,
> arbitrarilly, opportunistically or, in short, any way He damn well
> pleased.
Right on. What I found pretty amazing in this saga of ten years ago was
the dogged determination demonstrated by Randy McDonald to "make things
go right" and utilize the Scieno justice system despite all odds. The
poor guy really put up a fight.

I wonder what has become of him today.

Another one was Safe, who really believed in the tech, and tried to
expose the alterations through a painstaking word-for-word analysis of
various editions of Scieno books. I sent him a box full of old ones I
had laying around, feeling it was a good way to clean out my
bookshelves. That was some months before he moved to Las Vegas from LA
and then got outed.

I wonder what has become of him today.

I wonder if either one of them has figured out how thoroughly and
evilly LRH set them up and abused them. What a slimy old bastard he
was.

Zinj

Nov 5, 2005, 7:22:56 AM11/5/05
Eldo...@aol.com says...

> I wonder what has become of him today.

I suspect he's living a happy and successful existence that allows him
to incorporate his belief system into a merely eccentric mode.

As in 'Scientology was good, but it was too good, so the gummint took it
over and ruined it because they were terrified of the masses getting
free'

Perfectly rational in the right region. Damn revnoors.