Today Is a Sad Day cause of Marshall Mathers

Resistence

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00
I am a white suburban kid who listens to rap and only rap for the most part.
I think eminem is one of the dopesest MC's on the planet. This post has
nothing to do with his skills however. I was unable to get the M+MLP last
night and I was pissed. I come to school today, and 5 of my friends have
the new CD. Only one of them listens to other Rap music. Another one of
them was borrowing the CD, and he hates all Rap x cept for M+M. He listens
to shit like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Stone Temple Pilots and all that
shit. Me and two of my other homies (jk/friends) who like Rap all didn't
get the CD yet. We were discussing all the other fucked up peeps, who
bought the CD just cause it is em. We said how they are ruining Eminem for
us and we won't have any good white rappers anymore, not cause color matters
to us, just the fact that there won't be anymore. This one fag in my class
said he wants to get the CD and I told him that by him getting it, he is
ruining Eminem for us. He's like no i'm not, and by looking at this kid,
you know he doesn't have an opinion for himself.

What I'm saying here is that all these wack ass white motherfuckers are
buying eminem cause he's white and other people like it. I'm like this song
is good cause the lyrics are tight, and they go nah i'm changing it to the
Real Slim Shady. You see what I mean. I just hope Em won't become total
pop for his next album and make it just for the money. This Album is
definitly not pop. But you can call eminem pop, cause pop means popular as
in people just buy the music, just cause other people like it.

Please marshall, don't make any CD's for fags, just keep on doing whatcha
doing now and don't let the money go to your head.

I think the Album is pretty tight, but I'm damn sick of the real slim shady
now, but it is one of the best rap singles ever released with the purpose of
selling albums.

That's my 2 cents.

Kazuya

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00

Resistence <pin...@execpc.com> wrote in message

No offense, but this is one of the silliest posts I've ever seen in here...

> I am a white suburban kid who listens to rap and only rap for the most
part.

Who in God's name would actually make this kind of statement?

> I think eminem is one of the dopesest MC's on the planet. This post has
> nothing to do with his skills however. I was unable to get the M+MLP last
> night and I was pissed. I come to school today, and 5 of my friends have
> the new CD. Only one of them listens to other Rap music. Another one of
> them was borrowing the CD, and he hates all Rap x cept for M+M. He
listens
> to shit like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Stone Temple Pilots and all that
> shit.

Actually, Red Hot Chili Peppers are funk music and plenty of "rap" is
founded in funk... I know for a fact that Anthony and Flea listen to mad rap
music...

>Me and two of my other homies (jk/friends) who like Rap all didn't
> get the CD yet. We were discussing all the other fucked up peeps, who
> bought the CD just cause it is em. We said how they are ruining Eminem
for
> us and we won't have any good white rappers anymore, not cause color
matters
> to us, just the fact that there won't be anymore. This one fag in my
class
> said he wants to get the CD and I told him that by him getting it, he is
> ruining Eminem for us. He's like no i'm not, and by looking at this kid,
> you know he doesn't have an opinion for himself.

What the hell does "ruining Eminem for us" mean? And have you listened to
the album yourself? He's basically pissing on everyone you're talking about
anyway....

> What I'm saying here is that all these wack ass white motherfuckers are
> buying eminem cause he's white and other people like it. I'm like this
song
> is good cause the lyrics are tight, and they go nah i'm changing it to the
> Real Slim Shady. You see what I mean. I just hope Em won't become total
> pop for his next album and make it just for the money. This Album is
> definitly not pop. But you can call eminem pop, cause pop means popular
as
> in people just buy the music, just cause other people like it.

Why would you care who else listens to it, and for what reasons? For
example, I don't care who shits on the new Del, I will listen to it because
I like it.

> Please marshall, don't make any CD's for fags, just keep on doing whatcha
> doing now and don't let the money go to your head.
>
> I think the Album is pretty tight, but I'm damn sick of the real slim
shady
> now, but it is one of the best rap singles ever released with the purpose
of
> selling albums.
>
> That's my 2 cents.

My advice to you would be to get out of everybody's business. Just live and
let listen...
--
peace Kazuya

My alt.rap colum is (finally) back...
Check it out at http://www.altrap.com/thats/index.html

lugnut

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00

Don't you think it's rather pointless to stop listening to one
particular artist just because a bunch of other people like him, too?

>I am a white suburban kid who listens to rap and only rap for the most part.

>I think eminem is one of the dopesest MC's on the planet. This post has
>nothing to do with his skills however. I was unable to get the M+MLP last
>night and I was pissed. I come to school today, and 5 of my friends have
>the new CD. Only one of them listens to other Rap music. Another one of
>them was borrowing the CD, and he hates all Rap x cept for M+M. He listens
>to shit like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Stone Temple Pilots and all that

>shit. Me and two of my other homies (jk/friends) who like Rap all didn't

>get the CD yet. We were discussing all the other fucked up peeps, who
>bought the CD just cause it is em. We said how they are ruining Eminem for
>us and we won't have any good white rappers anymore, not cause color matters
>to us, just the fact that there won't be anymore. This one fag in my class
>said he wants to get the CD and I told him that by him getting it, he is
>ruining Eminem for us. He's like no i'm not, and by looking at this kid,
>you know he doesn't have an opinion for himself.
>

>What I'm saying here is that all these wack ass white motherfuckers are
>buying eminem cause he's white and other people like it. I'm like this song
>is good cause the lyrics are tight, and they go nah i'm changing it to the
>Real Slim Shady. You see what I mean. I just hope Em won't become total
>pop for his next album and make it just for the money. This Album is
>definitly not pop. But you can call eminem pop, cause pop means popular as
>in people just buy the music, just cause other people like it.

A to the L

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00

> Don't you think it's rather pointless to stop listening to one
> particular artist just because a bunch of other people like him, too?

For real man, thats why I still bump MC Hammer...

PEACE

A to the L

Resistence

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
And to add to my last post, when I said I was a white suburban kid, I was
just telling you about how people around me buy eminem's cd, just cause he
is white. No racial stuff intended there. Sorry for my wack first post.

Resistence

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
Sorry guys, i'll make myself clear. I was in a rush when wrote my first
post. I am not going to stop liking eminem cause he is popular. I just
don't like it when people go out and buy the album because it is eminem's
album and the only song they are going to listen to is the Real Slim Shady,
cause that's what popular. When I said ruining eminem for us, I meant that
too many people have started to make crappy music once they become really
popular. i.e. He would make music that would appeal to all the bandwagoners
and not all the true rap fans. What I am sick of is the people that say
they only listen to good rap ex. eminem and dre. They can like the music,
and i'm fine with that, cause I like some rock music myself. It's just that
they can't say they only like good rap cause they are only hearing one tenth
of all rap and that is in the form of MTV and Radio. This should of been my
first post, so just sort of disregard the first one.

J S

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
What's this shit about needing a "white" rapper? You don't see their
fucking skin when you're bumpin the album! But yo, if it's like that
for you, peep 7L and Esoteric. They are the DOPEST thing out right
now...The LP is supposed to drop later 2000, but you can pick up a 7
track sample from these net music shops-
ficTitious

The Wu Tang Clan returns once again in August 2000!

J.M

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com

MAD MAX

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
What the fuck u talking about ? Whites are helping the hip hop culture.
If white people stop buying rap music u would see less rappers going
platinum. Hip hop is universal now, shit it's a fucking culture and if u
know history all culture influence all kinds of people so get use 2
seeing more whites, latino, asian, shit fucking martians buying rap
music.
MAD MAX

GMD

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
>What the fuck u talking about ? Whites are helping the hip hop culture.
If white people stop buying rap music u would see less rappers going
platinum.

if white people stop buying rap music, a lot of wack rappers that go platinum
would lose their deals, that's a good thing.

Warren Watkins

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
resistence? what is it that you resist? you sound like you take your
self WAY too seriously. you think only you and a few others know what
good rap is? personally, i have little use for rap music, but if it's
popular it's because people think it's good. don't take offense. how
people think M&M is great is beyond me. ten years ago, when you were in
first grade, it would have seemed unimaginable to me that a brother like
dre would ever hook up with an annoying whining wannabe like Slim. now
i'm starting to sound like you, standing on a soapbox. point is, you're
gonna laugh at yourself someday when you realize that you actually felt
passionate about a skinny little trailor park trash kid from michigan.
that's o.k. i felt the same way about vanilla ice, NOT

Matthew Pettit

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00

Warren Watkins wrote:

i actually feel SICK that you consider Slim an "annoying whining wannabe".
He's one of the few artists maintaining a steady level of creativity in
today's music. Your love for Dre shouldn't taint your expectations of Slim,
and commenting on his upbringing doesn't add strength to your views you
STUPID piece of shit.

rockt...@my-deja.com

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00
In article <392c47e4$0$73...@news.execpc.com>,

"Resistence" <pin...@execpc.com> wrote:
> I am a white suburban kid who listens to rap and only rap for the
most part.
> I think eminem is one of the dopesest MC's on the planet. This post
has
> nothing to do with his skills however. I was unable to get the M+MLP
last
> night and I was pissed. I come to school today, and 5 of my friends
<cut>

What the fuck, yo? You're saying you can't listen to Eminem because
he's getting popular with the white rap-and-rock heads? I've been in
that situation too, where I was playing a track from his new album and
the other people in the room only wanted to hear "The Real Slim
Shady". Yeah, that song is kind of annoying. Who gives a fuck
though? He IS making music to make money, you know... so what if he
and his producers decide to make a radio-friendly song. It's still a
good song in its own right (played out though), let him do his thing.
I like 2Pac, Cash Money, occasionally Beastie Boys, all the rap that
blew up with white people. They like it, I like it. So what?

I don't know why you'd be worrying about Eminem being liked by another
audience now... remember a song called "My Name Is"? I hated that song
when I first heard it because I thought Eminem was exactly what you're
afraid of him turning into, but then I did my homework on him, listened
to some more shit and realized that he's a good rapper and he's
genuine. He's also refined his skills a lot since he first blew up,
and it shows in the Marshall Mathers LP. SHit, not all rap that's
popular among white people is bad... Jay-Z, Dr. Dre... DMX's success is
still a mystery to me though. He's a crack-fiend tool.

rockthespot

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

michae...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2012, 5:14:29 PM11/26/12
Hipster

iain cruickshank

Nov 11, 2013, 1:55:12 AM11/11/13
Damn, this nigga was hating on the kids who listened to only eminem rap before it was popular to do so.