More "Volunteer Army"

flanier

Aug 22, 2006, 9:25:46 PM8/22/06
One of the benefits of having an all volunteer military is not having
to contend with every Tom, Dick and Harry looking over the shoulder
when mistakes are mad...and make no mistake about it, all miltary make
big mistakes.

Israel will now benefit from a citizen military. Those citizen
soldiers are now aiming the spotlight on the errors the leaders made
during the recent unpleasantness. The U.S. could benefit from such a
review of the Iraq conduct although Dubya is just now beginning to
acknowledge we are a long way from "Mission Accomplished".

BTW...the U.S. Marines are now beginning to augment their force by
having to call up reserve reserves for a 'voluntary' 12 to 18 month
tour. The military is beginning to see the futility of what they are
being asked to do by this incompetent regime. And since Bush has
always claimed that he gave the military everything they asked for, one
has to wonder about the competency of the military leaders. Blaming it
on Clinton ain't gonna work. The whole magilla belongs to Dubya and
his minions.

Sooner rather than later, there will not be enough rope and trees to
solve this mishandled, misguided, and poorly executed exercise in
hubris by those who always have been unwilling to subject themselves to
the experience of combat danger.

theloner...@aol.com

Aug 23, 2006, 2:11:11 AM8/23/06
flanier wrote:
> One of the benefits of having an all volunteer military is not having
> to contend with every Tom, Dick and Harry looking over the shoulder
> when mistakes are made...

Of course you're Full Of Shit as Usual..........Tom's Leftist Democrat
Harry Dick has been Snuffing Up Everyone's Butt looking for "Mistakes"
made by the Military........Not only have they NOT missed a one, but
they've even "Invented" a Few...........

> Israel will now benefit from a citizen military.

WHAT the Hell is a "Citizen Military"??...........A gathering of
Traitorous Leftist Anarchists?.........

>Those citizen
> soldiers are now aiming the spotlight on the errors the leaders made
> during the recent unpleasantness. The U.S. could benefit from such a
> review of the Iraq conduct although Dubya is just now beginning to
> acknowledge we are a long way from "Mission Accomplished".

Now I see what your Ditzy Brain is getting at........The "Problems"
Israel had in the latest round happened because there is a LIBERAL
running the Government........A Limp-Wristed PUSSY that much like Gov.
Blanco of Lousyana COULDN'T make up his mind.........It takes a MAN to
run a War - NOT a Pussy...........Bush ISN'T a Pussy........Bush just
said we're going to STAY in Iraq until the Job is FINISHED.........Bush
is a M-A-N..........

> BTW...the U.S. Marines are now beginning to augment their force by
> having to call up reserve reserves for a 'voluntary' 12 to 18 month
> tour. The military is beginning to see the futility of what they are
> being asked to do by this incompetent regime.

Gee.......And I just read an article that said the Military REACHED
it's Recruiting Goals.........Don't you R-E-A-D?..........

> Sooner rather than later, there will not be enough rope and trees to
> solve this mishandled, misguided, and poorly executed exercise in
> hubris by those who always have been unwilling to subject themselves to
> the experience of combat danger.

Sooner rather than later, Silly Leftist Twits will realize America has
Rejected Them AGAIN because their Brains have become Rotted with
Senseless BULLSHIT...........

flanier

Aug 23, 2006, 3:08:59 AM8/23/06

theloner...@aol.com wrote:
> Gee.......And I just read an article that said the Military REACHED
> it's Recruiting Goals.........Don't you R-E-A-D?..........

I do try to keep up....

"WASHINGTON (AP) - The Marine Corps will soon begin ordering
thousands of its troops back to active duty because of a shortage of
volunteers for Iraq and Afghanistan - the first involuntary recall
since the early days of the war.
Up to 2,500 Marines will be brought back at a time, and there is no cap
on the total number who may be forced back into service as the military
helps fight the war on terror. The call-ups will begin in the next
several months.

The number of troops in Iraq has climbed back to 138,000 - the
prevailing number for much of last year. Troop levels had been
declining this year, to a low of about 127,000, amid growing calls from
Congress and the public for a phased withdrawal. Escalating violence in
Baghdad has led military leaders to increase the U.S. presence there.

This is the first time the Marines have had to use the involuntary
recall since the beginning of the Iraq combat. The Army, meanwhile, has
issued orders recalling about 10,000 soldiers so far, but many of those
may be granted exemptions.

Marine Col. Guy A. Stratton, head of the manpower mobilization section,
estimated that there is a current shortfall of about 1,200 Marines
needed to fill positions in upcoming deployments.

Some of the military needs, he said, include engineers, intelligence,
military police and communications.

As of Tuesday, nearly 22,000 of the 138,000 troops in Iraq were
Marines.

The call-up will affect Marines in the Individual Ready Reserve, a
segment of the reserves that consists mainly of those who have left
active duty but still have time remaining on their eight-year military
obligations.

Generally, Marines enlist for four years, then serve the other four
years either in the regular Reserves, where they are paid and train
periodically, or in the Individual Ready Reserve. Marines in the IRR
are obligated to report only one day a year but can be involuntarily
recalled to active duty...."

Jakthehammer

Aug 23, 2006, 4:42:32 AM8/23/06

flanier wrote:
> theloner...@aol.com wrote:
> > Gee.......And I just read an article that said the Military REACHED
> > it's Recruiting Goals.........Don't you R-E-A-D?..........
>
> I do try to keep up....

With what?........The other Ditzy BabyBoomers?.........

> "WASHINGTON (AP) - The Marine Corps will soon begin ordering
> thousands of its troops back to active duty because of a shortage of
> volunteers for Iraq and Afghanistan -"

Has NOTHING to do with Recruiting.........Those guys are Already Signed
Up........

flanier

Aug 23, 2006, 7:11:03 PM8/23/06

Jakthehammer wrote:

> Has NOTHING to do with Recruiting.........Those guys are Already Signed
> Up........

As lonsome might remark...doncha r-e-a-d?...I said nothing about
'recruiting'...

theloner...@aol.com

Aug 23, 2006, 11:19:49 PM8/23/06
flanier wrote:

> As lonsome might remark...doncha r-e-a-d?...I said nothing about
> 'recruiting'...

I DID, Dork.........

flanier

Aug 24, 2006, 12:09:34 AM8/24/06

Of course you did! Good boy! And?

Jakthehammer

Aug 24, 2006, 12:34:42 AM8/24/06
flanier wrote:

> Of course you did! Good boy! And?

I also said that you're an Obvious Ditz and that you're Full Of
Shit...........Want more?.........

flanier

Aug 24, 2006, 2:59:44 AM8/24/06

Jakthehammer wrote:
> I also said that you're an Obvious Ditz and that you're Full Of Shit

A ditz, eh? Well, you're so....so....nudiustertian!

So there!

"Ditz"...that is so last century.

theloner...@aol.com

Aug 24, 2006, 3:17:41 AM8/24/06
flanier wrote:

> "Ditz"...that is so last century.

You ARE "Last Century"................

flanier

Aug 24, 2006, 3:07:14 PM8/24/06

theloner...@aol.com wrote:

> You ARE "Last Century"...............

You silver-tongued devil!.

Sr. Rojo

Aug 26, 2006, 10:54:39 PM8/26/06
In article <1156403861.5...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
"theloner...@aol.com" <theloner...@aol.com> wrote:

Hey, fuckwit................Is yer slut mom still extruding gallons of puss
and slime every day?

--
'Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house - he's lost his entire house -
there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting

--GeeDubya (Mobile, AL)