Fools

Jason Q.

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
FOOLS.......

Wise men create proverbs, fools repeat them.
:)

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right
sometimes.
Winston Churchill

He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool,
He that dares not reason is a slave.
William Drummond

With the whole world full of fools, there is none who thinks himself
one, or even suspects it.

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could
not succeed...
Mark Twain

When you're arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same
thing.

The next time I send a damn fool on an errand, I'll go myself.
Dan Stole

Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference.

We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
Japanese proverb

A wise man may look ridiculous in the company of fools.

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.
Euripides

To be a fool at the right time is also an art.

http://www.generationterrorists.com

***************************

"Daily Words of Wisdom" <ListPr...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Daily Words of Wisdom
>

>December 6, 1998
>

>Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like
>
>him yourself.
>

> ... Anonymous Proverb

Graham Weeks

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
"I really can't come to your party Mrs. Parker, I can't bear fools."
"That's strange; your mother could." Dorothy Parker

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing. Unknown Author

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to
fill the world with fools. Herbert Spencer

what ship plays with icebergs
and plays soft music as it sinks into the ocean?
what ship on the throw of a dice
feeds a prophet to his fishy destination?
what ship breaks its spine on the rocks
and turns the waves black with lubrication?

a ship of fools
but there are fools and
those who seem to be

what ship is built on a dry highland
is launched by a downpour
and flies on watery wings to the peak of a mountain?
what ship has a crew
of taxmen thieves and fishermen
who decide in the howling storm
to make a small sleeping carpenter
their captain?

yes
a ship of fools
but there are fools and
those who only appear to be Simon Jenkins

--

Graham J Weeks
http://www.weeks-g.dircon.co.uk/

The Sanity Inspector

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
Like a lame man's legs that hang limp is a proverb in the
mouth of a fool.
--Proverbs 26:7

--
bruce

The dignified don't even enter in the game.

--The Jam