Truecrypt evaluation status

Richard Starkey

Mar 31, 2014, 9:25:03 AM3/31/14
does anybody hear/know sth about current status of the truecrypt
evaluation effort?

There's pretty nothing to read about that lately .....

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Mar 31, 2014, 11:16:16 AM3/31/14
The only thing I heard was that someone compiled the TruCrypt
source and the executable came out exactly like the download
version.

If you want to try to protect your data better, get DiskCrypt,
DiskCrypt encrypt a partition, put Trucrypt containers containing
your data into that partition.

You will be double your security that way.

If that doesn't seem to be enough, gpg your files before putting
them into your TruCrypt containers stored in your DiskCrypted
partition.

No one is going to get past that level of security.

Your Passwords should be sha512(ed) and then add another
different password string to the front or rear of that.

sha512(MyPassword) + another prepended My2ndPassword

You passwords for the pgp file, TruCrypt, and DiskCrypt must all
be different but done using the same 'sha512(MyPassword) + another
prepended My2ndPassword' method.

If you get lazy and comfortable with this method, like most
criminals do, you are going to be outed.

For even more security, use an air gap (preferably Debian linux
(not a Debian clone)) computer that will NEVER be connected to the
internet.

Message has been deleted

Anonymous

Mar 31, 2014, 9:01:19 PM3/31/14
In addition, take at least a weekly image of your disk and
securly hide the image thumb drive afterwards (I hid one recently
so good that I can't even find it). If you computer is ever taken
by the cops (and they always take it if they raid your dwelling),
then you can be sure that the cops will bug your computer,
listening over wifi ot the net to capture your passwords so that
they can then decrypt their copy of your disk/data. You will have
to buy and reimage another computer with your hidden image and
start over. Never decrypt partitions/files on a computer that has
been in police/government custody for any length of time.

I am not a bad guy, but as seen on TV many times over the past
few decades, cop and government agents are not about finding who
committed a crime, but about finding the easiest person to build a
case against and electing that person to go down for the crime.

LEAs are truly disgusting.

Bubba

Mar 31, 2014, 11:06:46 PM3/31/14
I don't know much about it, but there's a rumor that when at great
risk, some people go to ground, go dark, all 17th century and that
sort of thing. But in this day and age of universal surveillance by
Big Brother, the "Great Satan," even that probably would not help.

Hate to say it folks, but I think we're all done for. The inferior
power of good fought the superior power of evil, and good lost.
Even almighty evil cannot ultimately save evildoers from themselves.
That's how powerful evil is. It cannot be overcome.

I do appreciate the tremendous efforts of those who are idealists
and want to help in the vigorous battle against the evil that rules
this world. It has been my experience that evil is invincible and
utterly ruthless. Any fight against it will put you in harm's way.
I should know, I tried to fight it and found out the hard way that
evil loves to ruin and destroy anything that stands in their way.
And they are many, evil that is.

Evil always wins. Good always loses. Oh yes, and by the way,
hating evil only makes it stronger. Evil cannot ever be defeated.
Nietzsche got it right. God is dead.

--
Bub

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

Apr 1, 2014, 12:01:29 AM4/1/14
On 3/31/2014 12:03 PM, e...@nomo.uij wrote:
> http://www.scmagazine.com/diskcrypt/review/1037/
>
> Diskcrypt costs $349 while TC is Free.

Replying to this message after including all the headers from the
poster "e...@nomo.uij" comment since the poster requested his post NOT to
be archived. I am doing this to make sure all his headers are archived
permanently on the internet for future reference.

This post is a "subtle threat message" to me from the CIA and NSA
psychopaths who have been stalking me on the internet and torturing me
for the last 12 years.

Read Psychologist Carole Smith's column where she describes military
intelligence agencies stalk their torture victims on internet and post
"victims's private thoughts" and "threat messages" ONLY the victim can
understand.

On the Need for New Criteria of Diagnosis of Psychosis in the Light of
Mind Invasive Technology
http://www.globalresearch.ca/on-the-need-for-new-criteria-of-diagnosis-of-psychosis-in-the-light-of-mind-invasive-technology/7123

BEGIN headers of the comment from poster "e...@nomo.uij" in the thread
with Subject: Truecrypt evaluation status" on alt.privacy on 3-31-14 at
12:03 pm

From: e...@nomo.uij
Newsgroups: alt.privacy
Subject: Re: Truecrypt evaluation status
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 14:03:00 -0500
http://www.scmagazine.com/diskcrypt/review/1037/

Diskcrypt costs $349 while TC is Free.

END headers and comment from poster "e...@nomo.uij" in the thread with
Subject: Truecrypt evaluation status" on alt.privacy on 3-31-14 at 12:03 pm.

Anonymous

Apr 1, 2014, 7:57:22 AM4/1/14
<snip>

> I don't know much about it, but there's a rumor that when at great
> risk, some people go to ground, go dark, all 17th century and that
> sort of thing. But in this day and age of universal surveillance by
> Big Brother, the "Great Satan," even that probably would not help.

According to Muslimes, America is the "Great Satan".

> Hate to say it folks, but I think we're all done for. The inferior
> power of good fought the superior power of evil, and good lost.
> Even almighty evil cannot ultimately save evildoers from themselves.
> That's how powerful evil is. It cannot be overcome.

Like we were unable to overcome Nazi Germany.

> I do appreciate the tremendous efforts of those who are idealists
> and want to help in the vigorous battle against the evil that rules
> this world. It has been my experience that evil is invincible and
> utterly ruthless. Any fight against it will put you in harm's way.
> I should know, I tried to fight it and found out the hard way that
> evil loves to ruin and destroy anything that stands in their way.
> And they are many, evil that is.

> Evil always wins. Good always loses. Oh yes, and by the way,
> hating evil only makes it stronger. Evil cannot ever be defeated.
> Nietzsche got it right. God is dead.

You would like to assume and proclaim that God is dead. You
would also like to completely discourage people from thinking that
there is no hope of protecting themselves. If this guy is not an
LEA himself, then he is a boon to their propaganda. He is
obviously an atheist.
Don't even try to protect yourself. The government is
omnipotent! You don't have a chance of hiding anything, he says.
Listen to this guy and you will go nowhere with security. From his
testimony, he apparently got caught doing something illegal and is
now only a defeatist.
There has been no evidence that DiskCrypt, TrueCrypt, GPG, and/or
the remailer system has been broken. Law enforcement could not
keep from revealing such breaks in encryption. Their egos are too
big to pass up a chance to boast in such an accomplishment.

Go ahead and follow this guy and take up his disparaging banner.
There is no God. There is no encryption. It sounds like he is in
hell already.

Odiferous Flatulence

Apr 1, 2014, 9:03:59 AM4/1/14
> Bub

Bub has been smoking bud again.

Bubba

Apr 1, 2014, 5:32:53 PM4/1/14
"I didn't say that it would be easy, Neo. I just said that it would
be the truth."

--
Bub

Use-Author-Suppli...@127.1