How's your Republican stock market Social Security doing?

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 11:46:08 AM8/19/08
How's your Republican stock market Social Security doing?

Taylor

Aug 19, 2008, 12:58:29 PM8/19/08

"Sid9" <si...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> How's your Republican stock market Social Security doing?

Great! Thanks for asking. Since 1980, it's earned an average 15% return

http://www.bullinvestors.com/Stock_Market_History.htm

How's the federal government's Social Security doing?

Oh. It becomes insolvent in less than 30 years.

http://www.cbpp.org/3-27-08socsec.htm

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 1:23:26 PM8/19/08

"Taylor" <Tay...@nospam.com> wrote in message

More lies and distortions!
Just what we expect from
Republicans in the
"Cone of Silence" who listen
to Limbo and O'Reilly.

Try a base years using the
Republican bush,jr tenure.

Same lie about SS
SS good till 2047
with no changes good
forever with minor changes

They accept the crumbs thrown them by their masters

Hugh Wood

Aug 19, 2008, 1:50:23 PM8/19/08
On Aug 19, 12:23 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Taylor" <Tay...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> > "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> >> How's your Republican stock market Social Security doing?
>
> > Great!  Thanks for asking.  Since 1980, it's earned an average 15% return
>
> >http://www.bullinvestors.com/Stock_Market_History.htm
>
> > How's the federal government's Social Security doing?
>
> > Oh.  It becomes insolvent in less than 30 years.
>
> >http://www.cbpp.org/3-27-08socsec.htm
>
> More lies and distortions!
> Just what we expect from
> Republicans in the
> "Cone of Silence" who listen
> to Limbo and O'Reilly.
>
> Try a base years using the
> Republican bush,jr tenure.
>
> Same lie about SS
> SS good till 2047
> with no changes good
> forever with minor changes
>
> They accept the crumbs thrown them by their masters- Hide quoted text -

Unlike like you I don't count on the money I paid into SS for my
"retirement".You should've done like I did and GET A REAL JOB
sidney !! I suspect every dime I ever paid into SS is being paid out
to support pregnant illegal aliens, their snotty nosed rugrats and
trailer trash shutins such as yourself.

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 1:54:34 PM8/19/08

"Hugh Wood" <Burto...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Reagan and two bushes have nearly ruined our country and have turned our
dollar into shit.
That includes you dollar, too, as inflation takes its toll on your fortune.

Lamont Cranston

Aug 19, 2008, 1:55:53 PM8/19/08

It's easily fixed and everybody know it.

> http://www.cbpp.org/3-27-08socsec.htm

Geo

Aug 19, 2008, 2:01:17 PM8/19/08
On Aug 19, 1:55 pm, "Lamont Cranston"
<Lamont.Crans...@intheshadows.com> wrote:
> Taylor wrote:
> > "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> >> How's your Republican stock market Social Security doing?
>
> > Great!  Thanks for asking.  Since 1980, it's earned an
> > average 15%
> > return
> >http://www.bullinvestors.com/Stock_Market_History.htm
>
> > How's the federal government's Social Security doing?
>
> > Oh.  It becomes insolvent in less than 30 years.
>
> It's easily fixed and everybody know it.

Lemme guess, the "fix" involves the same tired old "fixes" that the
govt thinks solves every other problem we have. Will they provide KY
jelly with this "fix"?

> >http://www.cbpp.org/3-27-08socsec.htm

Lamont Cranston

Aug 19, 2008, 2:03:31 PM8/19/08

After 8 years of taking it in the ass from Bush, nobody
needs KY.

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 2:06:55 PM8/19/08

"Geo" <taxpa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Another incompetent loser with no clue responds.

Geo

Aug 19, 2008, 2:26:02 PM8/19/08
On Aug 19, 2:06 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Geo" <taxpayer...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Judging by your lack of response, I'd say I've hit the nail directly
on the head.

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 2:27:44 PM8/19/08

"Geo" <taxpa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You have no clue. One minor fix makes SS viable forever

Kev

Aug 19, 2008, 2:42:11 PM8/19/08

Actually, most folks don't. It's a "supplement" program for
retirement.
That was always what it was suppose to be.(amongst other things).

> You should've done like I did and GET A REAL JOB
> sidney !! I suspect every dime I ever paid into SS is being paid out
> to support pregnant illegal aliens, their snotty nosed rugrats and

> trailer trash shutins such as yourself.-

Oh, no. The vast majority of the money is paid out to folks who
receive other checks. Really, the vast majority of the payroll taxes
are paid out for medicare/caid. That is especially true now that the
whole medicare drug benefit is in action. You'll assuredly get
"something"
although means testing is probably in our future.

SS isn't a defined benefit retirement program. That's a myth
promulgated
by the right wing to allow them to critcize the system. A strawman
of
sorts. It is an insurance program. It provides economic benefits in
a wide
variety of circumstances. It's not a bad deal as an insurance
program.
Go price something similar. I have, it ain't cheap.

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 19, 2008, 2:51:53 PM8/19/08
In <3dedc347-c2d3-4676...@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, on
08/19/2008

Speaking of pregnant people, you right wing kooks have a new rule they are
trying to force on America; birth control will be a equal to abortion and
crime...

Wait until mcCain trys to defend that.

You idiots don't know when to quit.

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 2:55:44 PM8/19/08

"Kev" <zippl...@gmail.com> wrote in message

The Prescription plan, while better than nothing,
is a rip off of the taxpayers for the benefit of insurance
companies and pharmaceutical houses.

Fmr Rep.Tauzin collects his $2 million salary
for inserting the "no bid" clause in the law.

He should be in jail for that thievery

Geo

Aug 19, 2008, 3:14:20 PM8/19/08

Minor?!?! Har dee har har!!! Define "minor". Govt doesn't do
anything minor.

Hugh Wood

Aug 19, 2008, 3:22:33 PM8/19/08
On Aug 19, 12:54 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Hugh Wood" <BurtonU...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> That includes you dollar, too, as inflation takes its toll on your fortune.- Hide quoted text -

My "dollar" is invested in EUROS. My future is secure. I had enough
sense to get my money out of the U.S as soon as I saw there might be a
chance we'll get a Marxist in the Whitehouse. Btw,what did the
Clinton's do to protect your "SS" sidney?? They had 8 years to fix
it?? What did they and the rest of the democrats do every time a
republican even TALKED about plans to save SS??

Hugh Wood

Aug 19, 2008, 3:23:56 PM8/19/08
> > >http://www.cbpp.org/3-27-08socsec.htm- Hide quoted text -

Privatize it. Let people invest their money he way THEY see fit.

crude oil

Aug 19, 2008, 3:25:02 PM8/19/08
Crude oil falls for trhee months and down against the OPEC is blocked 50
dollar

the opec is blocked and can not do anything oil will arrive at 50 U.S.
dollars per barrel
gasoline falls
Crude oil falls for trhee months and down against
why not decrease gasoline ?
now oil is losing the strategic role that had until yesterday, this is the
truth and prices prove this theory

"Sid9" <si...@bellsouth.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> [...]

Hugh Wood

Aug 19, 2008, 3:25:04 PM8/19/08
> You have no clue. One minor fix makes SS viable forever- Hide quoted text -

Yeah,take it out of the hands of govenment.

Hugh Wood

Aug 19, 2008, 3:26:45 PM8/19/08
On Aug 19, 1:51 pm, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> In <3dedc347-c2d3-4676-9711-921257862...@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, on
> 08/19/2008
> You idiots don't know when to quit.  - Hide quoted text -

Care to cite where you got that wild assed idea?

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 3:38:50 PM8/19/08

"Geo" <taxpa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It's obvious.

Read any non-Fox newspaper.

It's been discussed on these pages over and over again.

It will be done on 2009

John Galt

Aug 19, 2008, 3:42:04 PM8/19/08

"Geo" <taxpa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

[JG] Yea. At best, it's more like three fixes, two of which are not
particularly minor to the affected parties.

JG

Geo

Aug 19, 2008, 3:43:50 PM8/19/08

You're so confident in it that you can't even say the word. LOL!!!

Quiffie

Aug 19, 2008, 3:44:57 PM8/19/08
Bush's private SS program would have put 7-million retirees on the
street, if the markets are any gauge.

But McCancer intends to float private accounts again, if enough Bush-
boobs vote him in.

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 3:46:59 PM8/19/08

"Hugh Wood" <Burto...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Many Americans have no money to invest.
Social Security is what the name says...It's SOCIAL SECURITY.

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 3:48:38 PM8/19/08

"Hugh Wood" <Burto...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Put in the hands of the crooks on Wall Street!

The Republican way!

John Galt

Aug 19, 2008, 3:50:29 PM8/19/08

"Sid9" <si...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Three fixes:

1) Lift the cap
2) Change the COLA used for the annual adjustment
3) Raise the retirement age

Any other solution doesn't add up.

JG

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 3:55:09 PM8/19/08

"Geo" <taxpa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It doesn't apply to you.
You don't make over $250,000 annually.

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 3:57:22 PM8/19/08

"John Galt" <kad...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Lift the cap is all that's needed.
Raising the retirement age again wouldn’t hurt but it isn't necessary.
COLA been fixed down to nearly nothing.

John Galt

Aug 19, 2008, 4:42:13 PM8/19/08

"Sid9" <si...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Nobody credible believes that. Maybe a few KosKids and MoveOnHeads, but
nobody credible. You can look at the Smetters/Gokhale analysis done for Paul
O'Neill in 02 and available online, or Dr. Koltikoff's book, The Coming
Generational Storm. They show the imbalance and show the amount of money
which can be possibly raised from each of the three sources. You need them
all.

The leftist objection to this argument is that the Generational Imbalance
methdology of calculating the SS deficit used by the Fed AND the Treasury
AND the Congressional Budget Office AND the Democratic Majority AND the GOP
Minority AND the Bush Administration AND the Clinton Administration (under
Alice Rivlin) AND Greenspan is wrong, and that the circa-1930's 75-year
methodology which the SS Board of Govenors uses BY LAW BUT ADMITS IS WRONG
is really right.

What a bunch of morons, to swim against that tide, and for only one
reason -- because they know they have to do the bidding of the unions and
the AARP, each of which oppose one of the other fixes.

Three fixes, Sid. No less. The only other way to do it is to expose part of
the money to the stock market, which Bush and Clinton both suggested.

JG

Geo

Aug 19, 2008, 4:48:21 PM8/19/08

Quiffie wrote:
> Bush's private SS program would have put 7-million retirees on the
> street, if the markets are any gauge.

2 percent in private accounts would have put 7 mil on the streets?
I'm calling unfettered BS on that.

> But McCancer intends to float private accounts again, if enough Bush-

I know, investing one's own money for retirement. The nerve of some
people.

> boobs vote him in.

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 19, 2008, 5:46:24 PM8/19/08
In <eedf5c48-f64b-4c56...@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, on
08/19/2008

We don't have SS problem goober. Its sound until sometime around 2040 --
and no one knows what the economy will be from now until then.

Now are you keep driveling or let it go?

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 19, 2008, 5:46:26 PM8/19/08

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 19, 2008, 5:52:57 PM8/19/08
In <2db9bea4-5a09-43f9...@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, on
08/19/2008

>> boobs vote him in.

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 19, 2008, 5:52:58 PM8/19/08
In <nmFqk.45319$5p1....@en-nntp-06.dc1.easynews.com>, on 08/19/2008

We don't have SS problem goober. Its sound until sometime around 2040 --

and no one knows what the economy will be from now until then.

>JG

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 19, 2008, 5:52:59 PM8/19/08
In <05cc7193-c298-4bc1...@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, on
08/19/2008

Sure I can. Are you going to stop whining if I do?

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 19, 2008, 5:53:00 PM8/19/08
In <dfbfdfbe-1dae-495b...@d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, on
08/19/2008
at 12:25 PM, Hugh Wood <Burto...@gmail.com> said:

>On Aug 19, 1:27 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> "Geo" <taxpayer...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Judging by your lack of response, I'd say I've hit the nail directly
>> > on the head.
>>
>> You have no clue. One minor fix makes SS viable forever- Hide quoted text -

>Yeah,take it out of the hands of govenment.

We don't have SS problem goober. Its sound until sometime around 2040 --
and no one knows what the economy will be from now until then.

Now are you keep driveling or let it go?

lorad

Aug 19, 2008, 5:57:37 PM8/19/08
On Aug 19, 8:46 am, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> How's your Republican stock market Social Security doing?

Oh Lordee..
Wouldn't that have been a mess if Dubya amd the 109th neocon congress
had rammed that through..

The market manipulators would have been at the feeding trough slurping
up every grannies life-long savings..
And loving it.

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 6:31:32 PM8/19/08

<Truth...@nospam.net> wrote in message news:ZgHqk.225$482.15@trnddc06...

2047...if we do nothing.

If we eliminate the cap on people earning more than $250,000 we can reassess
our needs 50 years from now.

At some point the baby boomers now entering the system will pass out of it
and further alleviate the concern.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/72xx/doc7289/06-14-LongTermProjections.pdf Page
10

Page 11 shows the crossover at 2047 if nothing is done

Baby boomers retiring now at 65, and assuming they live to 90, means they
will be out of the system by 2033......

Yes there is a problem but it's not the urgent Wall Street grab that
Republicans want.

There's time to work it out like we did last tiome and make the necessary
adjustments

Paulie Walnutts

Aug 19, 2008, 9:02:09 PM8/19/08
On Aug 19, 2:46 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Hugh Wood" <BurtonU...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 19, 1:01 pm, Geo <taxpayer...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Lemme guess, the "fix" involves the same tired old "fixes" that the
> >> govt thinks solves every other problem we have. Will they provide KY
> >> jelly with this "fix"?

> > Privatize it. Let people invest their money he way THEY see fit.
>
> Many Americans have no money to invest.
> Social Security is what the name says...It's SOCIAL SECURITY.- Hide quoted text -

It never was intended to be a "retirement plan". The government has
squandered every dime thats been paid to SS.

lorad

Aug 19, 2008, 9:11:05 PM8/19/08
On Aug 19, 6:02 pm, Paulie Walnutts <hoofhearte...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 2:46 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

> > "Hugh Wood" <BurtonU...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Privatize it. Let people invest their money he way THEY see fit.
>
> > Many Americans have no money to invest.
> > Social Security is what the name says...It's SOCIAL SECURITY.- Hide quoted text -

> It never was intended to be a "retirement plan". The government has
> squandered every dime thats been paid to SS.

It indeed *was* meant to be a retirement plan.

That the crooks in congress decided to merge its money with general
revenue this their problem - not social securities' per se.

I expect the congressional crooks to cover the money they 'borrowed'
from the social security system...

- ahead of money for bank bailouts
- ahead of money for corporate welfare
- and ahead of money for the (swollen) military budgets

Harold Burton

Aug 19, 2008, 10:34:34 PM8/19/08
In article <1oCqk.13775$Ep1....@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,
"Sid9" <si...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> How's your Republican stock market Social Security doing?

Damned well. Still yielding well over $100k per year and taxed at only
15%. Life is good. Thanks for asking.

Snicker.

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 10:38:20 PM8/19/08

"lorad" <lora...@cs.com> wrote in message

SS was NEVER a retirement plan.
It was always SOCIAL SECURITY

It was to remedy a US problem
where older Americans no longer
able to work were being thrown
into abject poverty.

It is a very successful program it
will have a few adjustments, as
was done in the past, and the
Republican Wall street grab attempt
will be over.

Harold Burton

Aug 19, 2008, 10:39:58 PM8/19/08
In article <FqLqk.13082$kh2....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
"Sid9" <si...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Must be why they sold it as such.

Snicker.

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 10:42:34 PM8/19/08

"Harold Burton" <hal.i....@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Obviously you don't pay your fair share
when sitting on your ass doing nothing
you pay 15% when a hard working
American producer pays substantially more.

You Republicans have screwed every working American

Sid9

Aug 19, 2008, 10:43:08 PM8/19/08

"Harold Burton" <hal.i....@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Only Republicans sell it that way

Harold Burton

Aug 19, 2008, 10:48:35 PM8/19/08
In article <avLqk.13085$kh2....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
"Sid9" <si...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Only DemoCRAPs sell it that way.

yep.

Snicker

Harold Burton

Aug 19, 2008, 10:49:30 PM8/19/08
In article <FuLqk.13084$kh2....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
"Sid9" <si...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> "Harold Burton" <hal.i....@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > In article <1oCqk.13775$Ep1....@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,
> > "Sid9" <si...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >
> >> How's your Republican stock market Social Security doing?
> >

> > Damned well. Still yielding well over $100k per year and taxed at only
> > 15%. Life is good. Thanks for asking.
> >

> > Snicker.
>

> Obviously you don't pay your fair share....

And the fact that it pisses you off makes it even better.

Snicker.

robw

Aug 19, 2008, 11:52:05 PM8/19/08
"govenment"???

That's like five today.

"Hugh Wood" <Burto...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Aug 19, 1:27 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Geo" <taxpayer...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 19, 2:06 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >> "Geo" <taxpayer...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Another incompetent loser with no clue responds.
>
> > Judging by your lack of response, I'd say I've hit the nail directly
> > on the head.
>

> You have no clue. One minor fix makes SS viable forever- Hide quoted

text -

Yeah,take it out of the hands of govenment.

Tazmanian Devil

Aug 20, 2008, 12:58:13 AM8/20/08

On Aug 19, 1:50 pm, Hugh Wood <BurtonU...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 12:23 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

> > "Taylor" <Tay...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> > > "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>
> > > Great! Thanks for asking. Since 1980, it's earned an average 15%
> > > return
>
> > >http://www.bullinvestors.com/Stock_Market_History.htm
>
> > > How's the federal government's Social Security doing?
>
> > > Oh. It becomes insolvent in less than 30 years.
>
> > >http://www.cbpp.org/3-27-08socsec.htm
>
> > More lies and distortions!
> > Just what we expect from
> > Republicans in the
> > "Cone of Silence" who listen
> > to Limbo and O'Reilly.
>
> > Try a base years using the
> > Republican bush,jr tenure.
>
> > Same lie about SS
> > SS good till 2047
> > with no changes good
> > forever with minor changes
>
> > They accept the crumbs thrown them by their masters- Hide quoted text -

> Unlike like you I don't count on the money I paid into SS for my
> "retirement".

Actually, most folks don't. It's a "supplement" program for
retirement.
That was always what it was suppose to be.(amongst other things).

> You should've done like I did and GET A REAL JOB
> sidney !! I suspect every dime I ever paid into SS is being paid out
> to support pregnant illegal aliens, their snotty nosed rugrats and

> trailer trash shutins such as yourself.-

Oh, no. The vast majority of the money is paid out to folks who
receive other checks. Really, the vast majority of the payroll taxes
are paid out for medicare/caid. That is especially true now that the
whole medicare drug benefit is in action. You'll assuredly get
"something"
although means testing is probably in our future.

SS isn't a defined benefit retirement program. That's a myth
promulgated
by the right wing to allow them to critcize the system. A strawman
of
sorts. It is an insurance program. It provides economic benefits in
a wide
variety of circumstances. It's not a bad deal as an insurance
program.
Go price something similar. I have, it ain't cheap.

It works. Is it any wonder why the Right hates it?

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 20, 2008, 6:40:37 AM8/20/08
In <D9ednfFmcrN_CTbV...@comcast.com>, on 08/19/2008

>"govenment"???

What you don't trust you *Republican government?

Hugh Wood

Aug 20, 2008, 7:09:10 AM8/20/08
On Aug 19, 9:42 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Harold Burton" <hal.i.bur...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > In article <1oCqk.13775$Ep1.4...@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,

> > "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >> How's your Republican stock market Social Security doing?
>
> > Damned well.  Still  yielding well over $100k per year and taxed at only
> > 15%.  Life is good.  Thanks for asking.
>
> > Snicker.
>
> Obviously you don't pay your fair share
> when sitting on your ass doing nothing
> you pay 15% when a hard working
> American producer pays substantially more.
>
> You Republicans have screwed every working American

His "fair share"? Who are you to decide what is someone's "fair
share"? Do you think money people put in an investment
was'nt,isn't,won't be taxed?? You fucking liberals are'nt happy with a
50% inheritence tax you assholes want it ALL !!

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 20, 2008, 7:34:50 AM8/20/08
In <f8e9db80-3d74-4495...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, on
08/20/2008

Well you right wingers have to start paying for the 9 trillion dollar bill
you have run up since reagon. You're just a bunch of well-fair queens
spending the money of the American children for your greed and pleasure.

If that bothers you, tough.

Kev

Aug 20, 2008, 7:59:06 AM8/20/08
On Aug 20, 12:58 am, "Tazmanian Devil" <m...@biteme.com> wrote:
> "Kev" <zipplewr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
[snip]

>>    SS isn't a defined benefit retirement program.  That's a myth
>> promulgated
>> by the right wing to allow them to critcize the system.  A strawman of
>> sorts.  It is an insurance program.  It provides economic benefits in a wide
>> variety of circumstances.  It's not a bad deal as an insurance
>> program. Go price something similar.  I have, it ain't cheap.
>
> It works. Is it any wonder why the Right hates it?

This is a repeated issue I have of the right. I can accept valid
criticism.
Not everything the left can dream up actually works. And there is
definitely no small amount of "unintended consequences" in much
of what the left occasionally tries to do. But many of the "flagship"
programs have and do work, that's why they are still with us. SS
"works". It virtually created the "retired middle class". And
despite
what is often told, it's on very sound fiscal basis, as long as we
don't spend ourselves into unrecoverable debt over the next 30 years.
Something the right has been more than willing to try to do the
last two times they held the White House. No, nothing is ever
"perfect",
but SS works and as long as we care for it, it will continue to work.

WIC, foodstamps, a whole host of social programs have survived
over the years because they actually do work. The only reason
anyone considers them "failures" is because the right constantly
invents new "problems" that they aren't (and never were) intended to
"solve". These programs were predominately designed to "address
the symptoms of...." not "wipe out the problem in our lifetime".
No one can "end" homelessness because there are always new
folks in the pipeline. Freemarket economies especially are
susceptible to people who will "hit rock bottom". Social programs
are intended to move individuals through these periods and out the
other side. But there are always new clients entering the system.
Yes, 10- 15% can become chronic. But frequently these clients
are those for whom the original program was never really intended to
address. Various support programs for the homeless are NOT a
treatment program for mental illness. But since we have no treatment
programs for indigent mentally ill, they get sucked into our homeless
shelters to address their immediate needs. But these programs
are not equipped, and may even be prohibited from addressing the
root cause issues.

The problem isn't our homeless shelters, the problem is the right
won't let us create separate programs for the chronically mentally
ill.

Hugh Wood

Aug 20, 2008, 10:01:51 AM8/20/08
On Aug 19, 9:38 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "lorad" <lorad...@cs.com> wrote in message

> will be over.- Hide quoted text -

It was just another tax sidney. A money grab by big brother. I feel we
should've done what the city of Galveston Texas did years go for it's
employees. They opted out of the gubmint program and privatized their
retirement plan. Some city employees after 30 years on the job will
retire as millionaires. Beats the fuck out of a monthly gubmint check
which won't even pay our light bill.

Hugh Wood

Aug 20, 2008, 10:07:29 AM8/20/08
On Aug 20, 6:34 am, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> In <f8e9db80-3d74-4495-9e99-ce82b682e...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, on
> 08/20/2008
> If that bothers you, tough.- Hide quoted text -

Do you think your Messiah and his bootlicking sycophants in congress
will pay a dime towards the debt you seem so worried about? How much
do you think Barry's "Global Poverty Tax" will cost the American
people?? How much do you think his handouts to negroes in the form of
"reparations" will cost the taxpayers?? How much do you think
socialization of health care will cost?? How much will "immigration
reform" cost when he legalizes 50+ million illegal mexxkins?? You talk
like you've got a paper asshole.

WBY...@ireland.com

Aug 20, 2008, 11:29:53 AM8/20/08
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:22:33 -0700 (PDT), Hugh Wood
<Burto...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Aug 19, 12:54 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> "Hugh Wood" <BurtonU...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Unlike like you I don't count on the money I paid into SS for my

>> > "retirement".You should've done like I did and GET A REAL JOB

>> > sidney !! I suspect every dime I ever paid into SS is being paid out
>> > to support pregnant illegal aliens, their snotty nosed rugrats and

>> > trailer trash shutins such as yourself.
>>
>> Reagan and two bushes have nearly ruined our country and have turned our
>> dollar into shit.

>> That includes you dollar, too, as inflation takes its toll on your fortune.- Hide quoted text -

>My "dollar" is invested in EUROS. My future is secure. I had enough
>sense to get my money out of the U.S as soon as I saw there might be a
>chance we'll get a Marxist in the Whitehouse. Btw,what did the
>Clinton's do to protect your "SS" sidney?? They had 8 years to fix
>it?? What did they and the rest of the democrats do every time a
>republican even TALKED about plans to save SS??

Sure thing, Bozo. More like Confederate dollars. If you invested in
Euros after Obama became the front runner you netted exactly nothing
on your investment and probably lost money. Seems idiots like yourself
make the correct investment every time - after the fact. I'm sure you
bought Japanese Yen and Taiwan NT in the 80's. If you had any real
smarts you'd be shorting the Euro and commodities right now.

WB Yeats

BTW - the fix was in on the NT and everyone with spare capital and a
knowledge of that 'country' made a killing. 40:1 to 26:1 almost
overnight.

WBY...@ireland.com

Aug 20, 2008, 11:33:26 AM8/20/08
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:25:04 -0700 (PDT), Hugh Wood
<Burto...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Aug 19, 1:27 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> "Geo" <taxpayer...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Judging by your lack of response, I'd say I've hit the nail directly
>> > on the head.
>>

>> You have no clue. One minor fix makes SS viable forever- Hide quoted text -

>Yeah,take it out of the hands of govenment.

Sure thing, Bozo. And put it all in mortgage backed securities. Or
deposit it with honest banks like IndyMac.

WB Yeats

Sid9

Aug 20, 2008, 12:35:38 PM8/20/08

"Hugh Wood" <Burto...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Legalize the illegals? That was Reagan's plan and now it's bush,jr
Republican plan

Hugh Wood

Aug 20, 2008, 1:26:29 PM8/20/08
On Aug 20, 11:35 am, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Hugh Wood" <BurtonU...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Republican plan- Hide quoted text -

I'm sorry sidney. Are you saying Barry and Madame Plosi will shut down
the borders and enforce the existing immigration laws?? Are you sayng
the democrat congress is not writing up a new immigration reform
bill?? Are you saying they'll go against the will of over 80% of the
American people?? I thought Pelosi said every decision she makes will
be "for the children"?? Was she talking about the "children" of
illegal aliens sidney??

Sid9

Aug 20, 2008, 1:29:33 PM8/20/08

"Hugh Wood" <Burto...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Reagan issued the last amnesty...then
Republicans dropped enforcement by
95% against employers.

This is another Republican mess that
needs to be cleaned up. It wont be
easy and it will require beating down
the do-nothing Republicans that like
cheap illegal labor from Mexico.

lorad

Aug 20, 2008, 3:16:41 PM8/20/08
On Aug 19, 7:38 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "lorad" <lorad...@cs.com> wrote in message

> >> It never was intended to be a "retirement plan". The government has
> >> squandered every dime thats been paid to SS.
>
> > It indeed *was* meant to be a retirement plan.
>
> > That the crooks in congress decided to merge its money with general
> > revenue this their problem - not social securities' per se.
>
> > I expect the congressional crooks to cover the money they 'borrowed'
> > from the social security system...
>
> > - ahead of money for bank bailouts
> > - ahead of money for corporate welfare
> > - and ahead of money for the (swollen) military budgets
>
> SS was NEVER a retirement plan.
> It was always SOCIAL SECURITY

???
Tell that to the tens of millions who do consider it their retirement
plan.
Their only retirement plan.
Sometimes you get too silly for your own good...
WTF is this stupendous alternative semantic point that you are
attempting to convey?

> It was to remedy a US problem
> where older Americans no longer
> able to work were being thrown
> into abject poverty.

Yuppers there, 'good buddie'..
And in what particulars does such a remedy differ from tens of
millions only form of retirement funding?

> It is a very successful program it
> will have a few adjustments, as
> was done in the past, and the
> Republican Wall street grab attempt
> will be over.

Well hellloooo..what else in new.

Harold Burton

Aug 20, 2008, 4:18:16 PM8/20/08
In article
<f8e9db80-3d74-4495...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
Hugh Wood <Burto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 19, 9:42 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > "Harold Burton" <hal.i.bur...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Damned well.  Still  yielding well over $100k per year and taxed at only
> > > 15%.  Life is good.  Thanks for asking.
> >
> > > Snicker.
> >
> > Obviously you don't pay your fair share
> > when sitting on your ass doing nothing
> > you pay 15% when a hard working
> > American producer pays substantially more.
> >
> > You Republicans have screwed every working American

> His "fair share"? Who are you to decide what is someone's "fair
> share"?

A socialist, obviously.

Harold Burton

Aug 20, 2008, 4:19:11 PM8/20/08

Care for some cheese with that whine?

> If that bothers you, tough.

It obviously bothers you.

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 20, 2008, 4:23:37 PM8/20/08
In <e9941ea3-2fa1-40f0...@i20g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, on
08/20/2008

Hey goober that is the job of the Executive Branch. Ask bush why he
isn't, and mcCain why he won't.

jane....@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2008, 4:25:04 PM8/20/08
On Aug 19, 3:48 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Hugh Wood" <BurtonU...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 19, 1:27 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >> "Geo" <taxpayer...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> You have no clue. One minor fix makes SS viable forever- Hide quoted

> >> text -

> > Yeah,take it out of the hands of govenment.
>
> Put in the hands of the crooks on Wall Street!

...Instead of the crooks in congress? The special interest bonds in
the SSTF earn 1.8%. The "crooks" in wall street have given me a far
better rate of return. Enough that I don't have to worry about social
security.

> The Republican way!

BS. I was in favor of privatization back when Kerry first introduced
a Senate bill proposing it; back when Clinton suggested it, and back
when Daschel approved it.

The democratic party dropped it when the republicans adopted the
plan. The Democrats couldn't possibly be for an idea (of their own)
if a republican would get credit for it.

Jane.

jane....@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2008, 4:28:08 PM8/20/08
On Aug 19, 5:53 pm, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> In <dfbfdfbe-1dae-495b-8867-9fb034d45...@d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, on
> 08/19/2008

>    at 12:25 PM, Hugh Wood <BurtonU...@gmail.com> said:
>

> >On Aug 19, 1:27 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >> "Geo" <taxpayer...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> You have no clue. One minor fix makes SS viable forever- Hide quoted text -

> >Yeah,take it out of the hands of govenment.
>
> We don't have SS problem goober.  Its sound until sometime around 2040 --

SSA is only sound if you believe that the SSTF has valid assets.

You have a choice, #1: the US had a surplus in the 99 and the SSTF is
empy, OR #2: The budget did not have a surplus and the SSTF has valid
assets.

I prefer to believe #1. Which do you believe?

> and no one knows what the economy will be from now until then.
>
> Now are you keep driveling or let it go?  - Hide quoted text -

jane....@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2008, 4:35:28 PM8/20/08
On Aug 19, 5:46 pm, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> In <eedf5c48-f64b-4c56-9db7-28b18b57f...@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, on
> 08/19/2008

>    at 12:23 PM, Hugh Wood <BurtonU...@gmail.com> said:
>

> >On Aug 19, 1:01 pm, Geo <taxpayer...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Lemme guess, the "fix" involves the same tired old "fixes" that the
> >> govt thinks solves every other problem we have.  Will they provide KY
> >> jelly with this "fix"?

> >Privatize it. Let people invest their money he way THEY see fit.
>
> We don't have SS problem goober.  Its sound until sometime around 2040 --

Around 2017, the SSA benefit payout will be greater than the SSA
receipts collected. Please tell me where the "difference" will come
from to pay benefits.

Jane.

jane....@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2008, 4:49:36 PM8/20/08
On Aug 19, 10:42 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Harold Burton" <hal.i.bur...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > In article <1oCqk.13775$Ep1.4...@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,

> > "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >> How's your Republican stock market Social Security doing?
>
> > Damned well.  Still  yielding well over $100k per year and taxed at only
> > 15%.  Life is good.  Thanks for asking.
>
> > Snicker.
>
> Obviously you don't pay your fair share
> when sitting on your ass doing nothing
> you pay 15% when a hard working
> American producer pays substantially more.

Everything you just wrote is a tangent. Harold answered your
question. Now the question for you is, "how is your social security
doing by comparison?" Pretty paltry isn't it?

Jane.

Sid9

Aug 20, 2008, 5:01:13 PM8/20/08

<jane....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Stay in Wall Street.
Enjoy their "far better return"

Sid9

Aug 20, 2008, 5:02:29 PM8/20/08

<jane....@gmail.com> wrote in message

U.S. Treasury Bonds are valid assets.

Unless you've lost confidence in the United States.

Sid9

Aug 20, 2008, 5:04:02 PM8/20/08

<jane....@gmail.com> wrote in message

2047 if NOTHING is done.

The difference will come from
redeeming the trillions of dollars
in bonds that Reagan and two
bushes wasted

Sid9

Aug 20, 2008, 5:05:57 PM8/20/08

<jane....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Like any insurance it's paying
its claims and will be able to
pay till 2047 if NOTHING is done.

We have plenty of time for a rational
improvement instead of dumping it
into the crooks on wall Street.

Just like last time.

Hugh Wood

Aug 20, 2008, 5:38:29 PM8/20/08
> cheap illegal labor from Mexico.- Hide quoted text -

I see you were'nt able to answer my questions. Care to give it another
try??

Hugh Wood

Aug 20, 2008, 5:40:28 PM8/20/08
On Aug 20, 4:02 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> <jane.pla...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Unless you've lost confidence in the United States.- Hide quoted text -

What's the return on bonds sidney??

Sid9

Aug 20, 2008, 5:41:20 PM8/20/08

"Hugh Wood" <Burto...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Try sticking to the subject:
Republican failures like
Reagan, the bushes, and McCain

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 20, 2008, 5:44:56 PM8/20/08

So you are saying the IOU's of the United States of America are no good.

Some record for you republicans.

In <9053ceb3-f82c-4e00...@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, on
08/20/2008

at 01:28 PM, jane....@gmail.com said:

>On Aug 19, 5:53 pm, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
>> In <dfbfdfbe-1dae-495b-8867-9fb034d45...@d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, on
>> 08/19/2008

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 20, 2008, 5:44:57 PM8/20/08
In <269ecd01-dbca-4ee0...@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, on
08/20/2008
at 01:25 PM, jane....@gmail.com said:

>On Aug 19, 3:48 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> "Hugh Wood" <BurtonU...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> The Republican way!

>Jane.

The democrats never suggest the plan the right wing has.

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 20, 2008, 5:44:54 PM8/20/08

In <d0844416-39d3-47dc...@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, on
08/20/2008

Its all ready been paid up. Good until 2047.

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 20, 2008, 5:44:58 PM8/20/08

No your attitude does not bother me. Greed is what you right wingers are
about. Hoever, you will get to explain it to Jesus at your judgement.
And you will have no good excuses. Figure it out son.

In <hal.i.burton-943F...@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, on
08/20/2008

at 04:19 PM, Harold Burton <hal.i....@hotmail.com> said:

>In article <ujTqk.357$UX.130@trnddc03>, Truth...@nospam.net wrote:

>> In <f8e9db80-3d74-4495...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, on
>> 08/20/2008

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 20, 2008, 5:55:44 PM8/20/08
In <224dc76f-cf7f-46b8...@e53g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, on
08/20/2008
at 02:38 PM, Hugh Wood <Burto...@gmail.com> said:

>On Aug 20, 12:29 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> "Hugh Wood" <BurtonU...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Are you really going to whine that a democrat has not said if he will do
what republicans won't?

Geo

Aug 20, 2008, 6:19:27 PM8/20/08
On Aug 20, 5:44 pm, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> No your attitude does not bother me.  Greed is what you right wingers are
> about.  Hoever, you will  get to explain it to Jesus at your judgement.
> And you will have no good excuses.  Figure it out son.

God, what a load of crap. You're all in favor of the govt reaching in
our pockets to re-distribute money to the non-producers and when those
that foot the bill get ticked off and have the nerve to want to keep
just a little more you start this greed nonsense. No one knows greed
like libs and the govt.

> In <hal.i.burton-943F93.16191120082...@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, on
> 08/20/2008
>    at 04:19 PM, Harold Burton <hal.i.bur...@hotmail.com> said:
>
> >In article <ujTqk.357$UX.130@trnddc03>, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> >> In <f8e9db80-3d74-4495-9e99-ce82b682e...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, on
> >> 08/20/2008

Sid9

Aug 20, 2008, 6:38:58 PM8/20/08

> On Aug 20, 5:44 pm, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
>> No your attitude does not bother me. Greed is what you right wingers are
>> about. Hoever, you will get to explain it to Jesus at your judgement.
>> And you will have no good excuses. Figure it out son.
>>

> God, what a load of crap. You're all in favor of the govt reaching in
> our pockets to re-distribute money to the non-producers and when those
> that foot the bill get ticked off and have the nerve to want to keep
> just a little more you start this greed nonsense. No one knows greed
> like libs and the govt.

Grover Norquist, Republican philosopher
in action...drown our government in a bath tub.

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 20, 2008, 10:54:25 PM8/20/08

Run along goober. The fact is your right wing kooks have run up debt of 9
trillion dollars -- >And you have to help pay it.

Stop lying, whining and showing your pure greed!

In <c4ea8001-b2fd-4b4c...@34g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, on
08/20/2008

jane....@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2008, 12:18:45 AM8/21/08
On Aug 20, 5:44 pm, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> In <d0844416-39d3-47dc-a6d1-2e640f495...@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, on
> 08/20/2008

>    at 01:35 PM, jane.pla...@gmail.com said:
>

> >On Aug 19, 5:46 pm, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> >> In <eedf5c48-f64b-4c56-9db7-28b18b57f...@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, on

> >> We don't have SS problem goober.  Its sound until sometime around 2040 --
> >Around 2017, the SSA benefit payout will be greater than the SSA receipts
> >collected.  Please tell me where the "difference" will come from to pay
> >benefits.
>
> Its all ready been paid up.  Good until 2047.

Sorry, but you didn't explain where the "cash" is going to come from.
I agree that it has "already been paid up", but the money has been
spent and replaced with IOUs (Special Issue Government Bonds). Around
2017, the SSA will have to "cash" in those Special Issue Bonds to pay
benefits. Where is the "cash" going to come from?

Jane.

> >Jane.
> >> and no one knows what the economy will be from now until then.
>
> >> Now are you keep driveling or let it go?  - Hide quoted text -

jane....@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2008, 12:23:44 AM8/21/08
On Aug 20, 5:44 pm, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> In <269ecd01-dbca-4ee0-8ee1-ee50d83ee...@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, on
> 08/20/2008

Then you are either too young to remember or you are ill informed OR
you are a partisan hack who doesn't even want to even think that it
might be possible. Kerry presented a Senate bill that proposed that
very issue.

Do your homework on Clinton, kerry and Daschel.

Jane.

the right wing has.

jane....@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2008, 12:30:34 AM8/21/08
On Aug 20, 5:02 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> <jane.pla...@gmail.com> wrote in message

US treasury bonds are valid assets. HOWEVER, they are ALSO valid
liabilities.

You did not answer the question!
Since they are valid LIABILITES, do you believe:

#1: the US had a surplus in the 99 and the SSTF is empy,

#2: The budget did not have a surplus and the SSTF has valid assets.

Since you claim that treasury bonds are a "valid asset", then I
presume you believe #2.

Jane

> Unless you've lost confidence in the United States.- Hide quoted text -

jane....@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2008, 12:35:09 AM8/21/08
On Aug 20, 5:05 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> <jane.pla...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 19, 10:42 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >> "Harold Burton" <hal.i.bur...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Obviously you don't pay your fair share
> >> when sitting on your ass doing nothing
> >> you pay 15% when a hard working
> >> American producer pays substantially more.
>
> > Everything you just wrote is a tangent.  Harold answered your
> > question.  Now the question for you is, "how is your social security
> > doing by comparison?"  Pretty paltry isn't it?
>
> > Jane.
>
> >> You Republicans have screwed every working American
>
> Like any insurance it's paying

BS. It claimed that it would pay benefits upon reaching 65. It has
broken good faith by denying benefits until 67. This is a 2 year
default on benefits in the "insurancne contract"

BTW: Harold answered your question, but you didn't answer the
question. How is your SS benefits by comparison? Paltry aren't they?

Jane.

> its claims and will be able to
> pay till 2047 if NOTHING is done.
>
> We have plenty of time for a rational
> improvement instead of dumping it
> into the crooks on wall Street.
>

> Just like last time.- Hide quoted text -

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 21, 2008, 7:58:44 AM8/21/08
In <091a295a-d230-4aa3...@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, on
08/20/2008

Duh. From those that have it. -- You seem to be working on the idiot idea
that US government can just say sorry we are not going to pay.

Now run along and play stupid right winger somewhere else.

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 21, 2008, 7:58:43 AM8/21/08

Cite the plan right winger.

In <29376e68-237b-460f...@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, on
08/20/2008

at 09:23 PM, jane....@gmail.com said:

>On Aug 20, 5:44 pm, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
>> In <269ecd01-dbca-4ee0-8ee1-ee50d83ee...@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, on
>> 08/20/2008

Sid9

Aug 21, 2008, 8:39:29 AM8/21/08

<jane....@gmail.com> wrote in message

You mean the money pissed away in Iraq?

Yes, explain how that's going to be replaced....Republicans haven't

jane....@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2008, 9:12:27 AM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 7:58 am, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> In <091a295a-d230-4aa3-8695-6220ec4fc...@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, on
> 08/20/2008

> >> Its all ready been paid up.  Good until 2047.
>
> >Sorry, but you didn't explain where the "cash" is going to come from. I
> >agree that it has "already been paid up", but the money has been spent
> >and replaced with IOUs (Special Issue Government Bonds).  Around 2017,
> >the SSA will have to "cash" in those Special Issue Bonds to pay benefits.
> >Where is the "cash" going to come from?
>
> Duh. From those that have it. --  You seem to be working on the idiot idea

You are not specific and deliberately avoiding any specifics. Who are
"those that have it". If you think eliminating the cap is the
solution, you are mistaken. Even the SSA states on their web site
that that solution will be insufficient.

Why don't you illustrate your superior intelligence by illustrating
how the government is going to convert the Special Issue Bonds into
Cash when it is time to redeem them?

> that US government can just say sorry we are not going to pay.

Actually YES. The US government has ALREADY said "sorry we are not
going to pay", and has done it!

Those who entered into the "contract" were told, at the time that they
entered the contract, that they would start receiving benefits at age
65.

AFTER entering the "contract", the citizens were told that the US
government would default on two years of benefits and the "new" start
age would be 67!

One of the current proposed changes to SS is to default on even more
years by raising the retirement age even higher. Why not? The US
government already defaulted on two years of payments, why not default
on even more?

> Now run along and play stupid right winger somewhere else.

What makes you think I am a right winger. The Democrats were talking
about "saving social security" back in the 90s. Is the Democratic
Party a bunch of right wingers? Clinton and Kerry already proposed
privatizing a portion of SS and Daschel endorsed it. Are Clinton,
Kerry and Daschel right wingers?

Jane

jane....@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2008, 9:23:10 AM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 7:58 am, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> Cite the plan right winger.

> >> The democrats never suggest the plan
> >Then you are either too young to remember or you are ill informed  OR you
> >are a partisan hack who doesn't even want to even think that it might be
> >possible.  Kerry presented a Senate bill that proposed that very issue.
> >Do your homework on Clinton, kerry and Daschel.
> >Jane.
> >the right wing has.

Try bottom posting. It is easier.

You asked me to cite the plan. Why, are you too lazy to do your own
homework? Do a google search on:

Bob Kerry social security

trying to "save social security"

"First and above all, we must save Social Security for the 21st
century," Bill Clinton 1999
"...investing a small portion in the private sector just as any
private or state government pension would do." - Bill Clinton 1999.

BTW: how old are you?

Jane

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 21, 2008, 9:25:31 AM8/21/08

Give up your idiot bullshit right winger. The Nation is not going to
abandoned millions and millions of people who had their wages taken for
the future.

And don't come back driveling more right wing bullshit either. SS is the
3rd Rail. No politician will survive trying to not pay. Nor, would the
nation survive the ensueing homemade insurgency.

In <74529903-2261-46f1...@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, on
08/21/2008

>> >the SSA will have to "cash" in those Special Issue Bonds to pay benefits..

Paulie Walnutts

Aug 21, 2008, 9:41:46 AM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 6:58 am, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> In <091a295a-d230-4aa3-8695-6220ec4fc...@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, on
> 08/20/2008

OK Perfessur. Who decides who "has it"? Do you "have it"? How much do
you have to have to be considerd by you liberals as "having it"??

Paulie Walnutts

Aug 21, 2008, 9:45:33 AM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 7:39 am, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> >> Its all ready been paid up. Good until 2047.
>
> > Sorry, but you didn't explain where the "cash" is going to come from.
> > I agree that it has "already been paid up", but the money has been
> > spent and replaced with IOUs (Special Issue Government Bonds).  Around
> > 2017, the SSA will have to "cash" in those Special Issue Bonds to pay
> > benefits.  Where is the "cash" going to come from?
>
> > Jane.
>
> You mean the money pissed away in Iraq?
>
> Yes, explain how that's going to be replaced....Republicans haven't- Hide quoted text -

How about the 20 trillion+ that's been "pissed away" on LBJ's "war on
poverty"?? According to John Edwards there are more people in
"poverty" now than ever. I'd rather see my tax money being used to
support our military ,the same military that protects your worthless
ass, than go to provide welfare checks to some fat lazy crack momma
with 15 snotty nosed yardapes. But, thats just me.

Sid9

Aug 21, 2008, 9:53:20 AM8/21/08

"Paulie Walnutts" <hoofhe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Which are you?
Liar?
Fool?
Libertarian?

Truth...@nospam.net

Aug 21, 2008, 10:08:50 AM8/21/08

You said the republicans "adopted" the democrats plan. Show us that plan
and quit stalling and trolling.

>> >the SSA will have to "cash" in those Special Issue Bonds to pay benefits..

jane....@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2008, 10:41:28 AM8/21/08
On Aug 21, 9:25 am, TruthTel...@nospam.net wrote:
> Give up your idiot bullshit right winger.  The Nation is not going to
> abandoned millions and millions of people who had their wages taken for
> the future.

As I have already pointed out. Congress has ALREADY defaulted on 2
years worth of benefits by delaying your retirement age from 65 to
67! Congress will default on additional years as the retirees doubles
in the near future. Congress will default on payments by denying
benefits through means testing.

Now, tell me how congress is going to convert those Special Issued
Bonds into cash when it is time to redeem them

Jane.

> And don't come back driveling more right wing bullshit either.  SS is the
> 3rd Rail.  No politician will survive trying to not pay.  Nor, would the
> nation survive the ensueing homemade insurgency.
>

> In <74529903-2261-46f1-ab10-2eb5c4fe7...@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, on
> 08/21/2008

Lamont Cranston

Aug 21, 2008, 10:45:31 AM8/21/08
Harold Burton wrote:
> In article
> <f8e9db80-3d74-4495...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
> Hugh Wood <Burto...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Aug 19, 9:42 pm, "Sid9" <s...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> > "Harold Burton" <hal.i.bur...@hotmail.com> wrote in
>> > message

>> > Obviously you don't pay your fair share
>> > when sitting on your ass doing nothing
>> > you pay 15% when a hard working
>> > American producer pays substantially more.
>> >
>> > You Republicans have screwed every working American
>

>> His "fair share"? Who are you to decide what is someone's
>> "fair
>> share"?
>

> A socialist, obviously.

You don't know what a socialist is.