Attn: PIBB - Re: Now isnt this ..special... (gummer's lament)

Rudy Canoza

Mar 16, 2017, 12:45:20 PM3/16/17
Here's another of gummer's classic whines. This is a guy who fancies
himself some kind of Master of the Universe - Vietnam combat vet who has
"gutted" men; mercenary in southern Africa; can do one-handed pull-ups
in his 50s; kicks light bulbs out of ceiling light fixtures; 264mph
motorcycle ride; etc. etc. etc. - and he can't keep a fucking operating
car on the road. I'm still searching for the one in which he said he
has had to resort to dumpster diving because he couldn't find any work
in a state with what was then about 7% - and falling - unemployment.
I'm hopeful that Mr. Whoyakidding might assist in unearthing it.

On 9/25/2015 3:28 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> Need some ideas from you good people. The bad people can go pound
> sand..just saying....
>
> Ive been driving a 01 Ford Ranger for the past 7 yrs, swapped out the
> engine at 200k miles..and it burned up a couple valves about 12 months
> ago, so I parked it.
>
> I picked up a Chevy Venture about the same time and it had the engine
> replaced about 30k miles ago. The tranny went out early this month,
> with 170k miles on the odo. Engine is fine..tranny needs
> repair/replacement. Sideways engine...not easy to do....
>
> So Ive been driving the wifes 03 Dodge Caravan for the past 3 weeks,
> trying to get enough work to pay the bills and get the tranny in the
> Venture fixed. Yesterday..while going up the Grapevine (mountain
> pass)..the radiator blew open..and by the time I could get off the
> road (heavy traffic)..Id toasted the engine. It had 110k miles on it.
>
> Im now down to a 98 Saturn with 285k miles on it..which Im afraid to
> drive out of town..and the 89 Ford E350 (with 13k original miles on
> the odo) but hasnt been smogged or tagged in years. Front gas tank is
> filled with 6 yr old gas..and really..really needs to be drained. It
> gets 15mpg at 55 mh, 10 at 65mh
>
> Cost of the repair to the Ranger..uknown..probably need to find
> another engine and put it in..probably $1k
>
> Cost of repair to the Venture...having the tranny rebuilt is $1800
>
> Cost of repair to the Dodge..$2500 if the shop does it..I can buy an
> engine with 80k miles on it for $800ish.
>
> Cost of getting the nearly 30 yr old gas guzzler Ford E350..around
> $400, tags and smog, tranny fluid change..the usual stuff on a vehicle
> thats been sitting for 6ish years...
>
> Work has been in the toilet, its getting even slower here in
> California..clients are worried..they dont have any work..hence I dont
> get any work.... and Ive got less than $150 in the bank, with about
> $250 in unpaid invoices coming..sometime. And no indication work is
> going to get any better anytime soon.
>
> So what do you learned folks suggest I do? Start trying to sell off
> machinery/boats in a floundering economy? Hitchhike out of town in
> the dark of night? Stand on a street corner with a sign begging for
> cash?
>
> Im absolutely, positivly stumped as to what to do.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Gunner

Rudy Canoza

Mar 19, 2017, 2:15:02 PM3/19/17
On 3/19/2017 7:04 AM, PIBB wrote:
> On 16:45 16 Mar 2017, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>>
>> Here's another of gummer's classic whines. This is a guy who
>> fancies himself some kind of Master of the Universe - Vietnam
>> combat vet who has "gutted" men; mercenary in southern Africa;
>> can do one-handed pull-ups in his 50s; kicks light bulbs out of
>> ceiling light fixtures; 264mph motorcycle ride; etc. etc. etc. -
>> and he can't keep a fucking operating car on the road. I'm
>> still searching for the one in which he said he has had to
>> resort to dumpster diving because he couldn't find any work in a
>> state with what was then about 7% - and falling - unemployment.
>> I'm hopeful that Mr. Whoyakidding might assist in unearthing it.
>>

> From what little I have understood so far about Mr Asch, he's a
> hunting shooting fishing sort of guy. Cars and motorbikes too.
> Practical but perhaps not Mensa material.
>
> Don't know why he wants to tell the world about his various cars in
> the part I snipped out. Or why he would ask for advice on how to
> proceed in life. Nevertheless, to his credit his posts seem serious
> and polite which is more than can be said of some others.

Heh heh...yes, serious and polite except when he's regularly threatening
to "exterminate" his enemies - "leftists" - in the
always-just-around-the-corner "great cull." He's been making death
threats against me for close to a decade. I've never taken them
seriously, but finally it just pissed me off enough that the dummy
thought he could get away with it that I printed off about a dozen of
them, with headers, and took them to the cops. They never told me what
sort of action they took, but the threats "mysteriously" stopped.

Rudy Canoza

Mar 19, 2017, 3:12:42 PM3/19/17
On 3/19/2017 7:37 AM, Ted wrote:
> PIBB <inv...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> On 16:45 16 Mar 2017, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>>>
>>> Here's another of gummer's classic whines. This is a guy who
>>> fancies himself some kind of Master of the Universe - Vietnam
>>> combat vet who has "gutted" men; mercenary in southern Africa;
>>> can do one-handed pull-ups in his 50s; kicks light bulbs out of
>>> ceiling light fixtures; 264mph motorcycle ride; etc. etc. etc. -
>>> and he can't keep a fucking operating car on the road. I'm
>>> still searching for the one in which he said he has had to
>>> resort to dumpster diving because he couldn't find any work in a
>>> state with what was then about 7% - and falling - unemployment.
>>> I'm hopeful that Mr. Whoyakidding might assist in unearthing it.
>>>

>> From what little I have understood so far about Mr Asch, he's a
>> hunting shooting fishing sort of guy. Cars and motorbikes too.
>> Practical but perhaps not Mensa material.
>>

> Does participation in those hobbies indicate lack of intelligence?

I wouldn't say there's any causal link, but all of those are associated
with less education, and there *is* a link between educational
attainment and intelligence.

>> Don't know why he wants to tell the world about his various cars in
>> the part I snipped out. Or why he would ask for advice on how to
>> proceed in life. Nevertheless, to his credit his posts seem serious
>> and polite which is more than can be said of some others.
>
> Apparently you haven't read any of his death threats.

They stretch back for years.

Rudy Canoza

Mar 19, 2017, 5:50:36 PM3/19/17
On 3/19/2017 1:46 PM, Ted wrote:
> Rudy Canoza <c...@philhendrie.con> wrote:

>>> Does participation in those hobbies indicate lack of intelligence?
>>
>> I wouldn't say there's any causal link, but all of those are associated
>> with less education, and there *is* a link between educational attainment and intelligence.
>
> Yes, I admit there seems to be a correlation (whereas we WWE pro-wrestling
> fans tend to be much more intelligent than average).

Goes without saying