Re: Why Do We Celebrate Veteran's Day, A Pro War Day. Used To Be called Armistice Day

1 view
Message has been deleted

Rev. Karl E. Taylor

Nov 12, 2009, 6:50:12 PM11/12/09
skep...@aol.com wrote:
> Why Do We Celebrate Veteran�s Day?
> Written by Robert Abele

So, what is your military background? What is the military background
of Robert Abele?

And why do you think football groups needed to be added to this posting?
Exactly what does football have to do with military service? (Other
than a moral activity)
--
There are none more ignorant and useless,
than they that seek answers on their knees,

Apostle of Dr. Lao EAC: Virgin Conversion Unit Director

BAAWA Knight Sir Karl of the Solaris Media

Dave U. Random

Nov 12, 2009, 8:46:34 PM11/12/09
to mail...@reece.net.au, mail...@dizum.com, mail...@bananasplit.info, mail...@mixmin.net
In article <8cd4b825-96c2-44a0-8c20-
e38c48...@h14g2000pri.googlegroups.com>
"skep...@aol.com" <skep...@aol.com> wrote:

> Why Do We Celebrate Veteran�s Day?
> Written by Robert Abele World News Nov 9, 2009 Historically, Veterans
> Day was called �Armistice Day.�

So faggots and liberal Democrats can have something to complain
about, while others die for their freedom to do so.

Seems unjust.

smutt butt

Nov 12, 2009, 9:54:33 PM11/12/09
On Nov 12, 6:50 pm, "Rev. Karl E. Taylor" <ktaylo...@getnet.net>
wrote:
> skepti...@aol.com wrote:
> > Why Do We Celebrate Veteran’s Day?

We enlisted so that assholes like you could say whatever you want to.

Your welcome.

skep...@aol.com

Nov 13, 2009, 12:07:03 AM11/13/09
On Nov 12, 5:46 pm, Dave U. Random <anonym...@anonymitaet-im-
inter.net> wrote:
> In article <8cd4b825-96c2-44a0-8c20-
> e38c4886a...@h14g2000pri.googlegroups.com>

> "skepti...@aol.com" <skepti...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Why Do We Celebrate Veteran’s Day?
> > Written by Robert Abele World News Nov 9, 2009 Historically, Veterans
> > Day was called “Armistice Day.”
>
> So faggots and liberal Democrats can have something to complain
> about, while others die for their freedom to do so.
>
> Seems unjust.

On my browser, the orginal post did not appear. I've tried posting
this about seven times. Can other people read this post about Veterans
day from Project Censored?

skep...@aol.com

Nov 13, 2009, 12:52:29 AM11/13/09

Notice how in this thread the censors won't let you see the substance
of the orginal post?

Alan Ford

Nov 13, 2009, 3:56:53 AM11/13/09
smutt butt wrote:

> We enlisted so that assholes like you could say whatever you want to.

Uhm, no you didn't. More than likely you enlisted so that you can get
some free education on the tax-payer dime, free healthcare for your
family and some other perks, and also because this was pretty much the
only alternative to a McJob.

Quit this pretentious sanctimonious bullshit. I am sick and tired of
this phoney-baloney "veteran" crap.
The last time the US was attacked was in 1941. Every other war it fought
in the last hundred years it fought because it *chose* to, not because
it had to.
You people *chose* the military as your occupation. No one forced you to
do it. Do your fucking job wherever it is the politicians send you to
kill people and shut the fucking hell about it already. You are not
fighting for anyone's freedom of anything. You are dying so that a small
number of people can get rich. Period.

--
If you don't beat your meat
You can't have any pudding

Rev. Karl E. Taylor

Nov 13, 2009, 7:01:15 AM11/13/09
smutt butt wrote:
> On Nov 12, 6:50 pm, "Rev. Karl E. Taylor" <ktaylo...@getnet.net>
> wrote:
>> skepti...@aol.com wrote:
>>> Why Do We Celebrate Veteran�s Day?

>>> Written by Robert Abele
>> So, what is your military background? What is the military background
>> of Robert Abele?
>>
>> And why do you think football groups needed to be added to this posting?
>> Exactly what does football have to do with military service? (Other
>> than a moral activity)
>> --
>> There are none more ignorant and useless,
>> than they that seek answers on their knees,
>> with their eyes closed.
>> Rev. Karl E. Taylor http://www.jesusneverexisted.com
>> http://azhotops.blogspot.com
>> A.A #1143 http://scienceblogs.com/aardvarchaeology
>>
>> Apostle of Dr. Lao EAC: Virgin Conversion Unit Director
>>
>> BAAWA Knight Sir Karl of the Solaris Media
>
> We enlisted so that assholes like you could say whatever you want to.
>
> Your welcome.

Ditto bub, ditto.

Amazing how that old first amendment works ain't. Nice conclusion
jumping on your part. I served, so you can spew a whole shit load of
noise, over valid questions asked of someone else.

Wow, ain't the Constitution great?

Rev. Karl E. Taylor

Nov 13, 2009, 7:04:37 AM11/13/09
Alan Ford wrote:
> smutt butt wrote:
>
>> We enlisted so that assholes like you could say whatever you want to.
>
> Uhm, no you didn't. More than likely you enlisted so that you can get
> some free education on the tax-payer dime, free healthcare for your
> family and some other perks, and also because this was pretty much the
> only alternative to a McJob.
>
> Quit this pretentious sanctimonious bullshit. I am sick and tired of
> this phoney-baloney "veteran" crap.
> The last time the US was attacked was in 1941. Every other war it fought
> in the last hundred years it fought because it *chose* to, not because
> it had to.
> You people *chose* the military as your occupation. No one forced you to
> do it. Do your fucking job wherever it is the politicians send you to
> kill people and shut the fucking hell about it already. You are not
> fighting for anyone's freedom of anything. You are dying so that a small
> number of people can get rich. Period.

Says the armchair politician, who has probably never been inside of a
uniform, short of McD's.

Nice of you to try and tell ME what I did and did not do, and the
reasons why. It is truly amazing that you somehow, have developed that
telepathy ability. I am duly impressed with your mind reading skills.

Why don't you put that power to a good use, and tell us all what next
weeks powerball numbers will be?

smutt butt

Nov 13, 2009, 8:40:29 AM11/13/09

I too am impressed with your mind reading ability and your complete
and total ignorance of what the military is for.
FYI, I joined the Marine Reserves, went to Camp Lejune to do my school
then went back to driving a truck. I was called up to active duty for
GW#1, did what I needed to do and came back home and resumed normal
life.

You sound like a bitter old fool who is pissed off at being a loser at
the game of life. Just because you were too scared to join the
military does not mean that everyone who does join does so for their
own gain.

Now go back to trying to pick up your teenies in the chat rooms and
quit trying to act like you know what everyones motives are when you
know absolutely nothing.

raven1

Nov 13, 2009, 8:49:54 AM11/13/09
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:16:31 -0800 (PST), "skep...@aol.com"
<skep...@aol.com> wrote:

>Why Do We Celebrate Veteran�s Day?

Another of your censored posts, I presume?

raven1

Nov 13, 2009, 8:51:39 AM11/13/09
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:07:03 -0800 (PST), "skep...@aol.com"
<skep...@aol.com> wrote:

>On Nov 12, 5:46�pm, Dave U. Random <anonym...@anonymitaet-im-
>inter.net> wrote:
>> In article <8cd4b825-96c2-44a0-8c20-
>> e38c4886a...@h14g2000pri.googlegroups.com>
>>
>> "skepti...@aol.com" <skepti...@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Why Do We Celebrate Veteran�s Day?
>> > Written by Robert Abele World News Nov 9, 2009 Historically, Veterans
>> > Day was called �Armistice Day.�
>>
>> So faggots and liberal Democrats can have something to complain
>> about, while others die for their freedom to do so.
>>
>> Seems unjust.
>
>On my browser, the orginal post did not appear.

Get a real news server, and your problem will magically disappear.
Google Groups is useless.

> I've tried posting
>this about seven times. Can other people read this post about Veterans
>day from Project Censored?

Multiple copies of it.

Alan Ford

Nov 13, 2009, 1:18:09 PM11/13/09
Rev. Karl E. Taylor wrote:

>>> We enlisted so that assholes like you could say whatever you want to.
>> Uhm, no you didn't. More than likely you enlisted so that you can get
>> some free education on the tax-payer dime, free healthcare for your
>> family and some other perks, and also because this was pretty much the
>> only alternative to a McJob.
>>
>> Quit this pretentious sanctimonious bullshit. I am sick and tired of
>> this phoney-baloney "veteran" crap.
>> The last time the US was attacked was in 1941. Every other war it fought
>> in the last hundred years it fought because it *chose* to, not because
>> it had to.
>> You people *chose* the military as your occupation. No one forced you to
>> do it. Do your fucking job wherever it is the politicians send you to
>> kill people and shut the fucking hell about it already. You are not
>> fighting for anyone's freedom of anything. You are dying so that a small
>> number of people can get rich. Period.
>>
> Says the armchair politician, who has probably never been inside of a
> uniform, short of McD's.

I actually served in the army, albeit a different one, not that this
makes a bit of a difference to my point.

> Nice of you to try and tell ME what I did and did not do, and the
> reasons why. It is truly amazing that you somehow, have developed that
> telepathy ability. I am duly impressed with your mind reading skills.

Well, I was responding to a different poster, but yes, you managed to
get the point: the vast majority of people who enlist in the US Armed
Forces do so for the reasons that I listed. Now, there may be a few who,
in addition to those reasons, simply crave some structure in their life,
or what they perceive will be an adventure, or like shooting people, or
something along that line.
However, no one enlists in the military of a trigger-happy world empire
that invades some 2-3 countries per decade in order to "protect"
anyone's freedom. That is a post-fact sanctimonious posturing.

> Why don't you put that power to a good use, and tell us all what next
> weeks powerball numbers will be?

There's a difference between being able to see through bullshit and
being able to see the future.

Sasha

Nov 13, 2009, 1:28:46 PM11/13/09
On Nov 13, 3:56 am, Alan Ford <zzz....@qqq.net> wrote:

> Uhm, no you didn't. More than likely you enlisted so that you can get
> some free education on the tax-payer dime, free healthcare for your
> family and some other perks, and also because this was pretty much the
> only alternative to a McJob.

Even if that was the case - which it isn't - so what? Most police
officers and firefighters go into their professions for secure
employment, great benefits and a decent pension. That doesn't at all
change the fact that, when your house is on fire or you're trapped in
your car after a head-on collision or someone just broke into your
home, they put themselves into harms way for you. So what if a soldier
enlists so that they can get a free education? The politicians - that
YOU contribute to electing - decide that the country needs to fight
somewhere, and those soldiers answer the call

> Quit this pretentious sanctimonious bullshit. I am sick and tired of
> this phoney-baloney "veteran" crap.

It isn't crap. It is a word which describes an individual who wore a
uniform, took up arms and served their country. You don't like why
they fight or where? Blame the people you voted into office. Whether
those soldiers are fighting Hitler or fighting Saddam, they answered
when their country asked for their service. That's more than enough
for me to respect the hell out of them.

> The last time the US was attacked was in 1941. Every other war it fought
> in the last hundred years it fought because it *chose* to, not because
> it had to.

Part of the reason why the US was so respected up until this latest
Iraq war was the fact that they CHOSE to fight - not because they had
to but because - right or wrong - they felt that they had to. If the
US only fought when they were directly attacked, the world would be
distinctly different - and not for the better.

> You people *chose* the military as your occupation. No one forced you to
> do it.

Read my point above. Their "choosing" of the military as a career is
NOT justification to treat them with such blatant disrespect.

Alan Ford

Nov 13, 2009, 1:49:07 PM11/13/09
smutt butt wrote:

>>> We enlisted so that assholes like you could say whatever you want to.
>> Uhm, no you didn't. More than likely you enlisted so that you can get
>> some free education on the tax-payer dime, free healthcare for your
>> family and some other perks, and also because this was pretty much the
>> only alternative to a McJob.
>>
>> Quit this pretentious sanctimonious bullshit. I am sick and tired of
>> this phoney-baloney "veteran" crap.
>> The last time the US was attacked was in 1941. Every other war it fought
>> in the last hundred years it fought because it *chose* to, not because
>> it had to.
>> You people *chose* the military as your occupation. No one forced you to
>> do it. Do your fucking job wherever it is the politicians send you to
>> kill people and shut the fucking hell about it already. You are not
>> fighting for anyone's freedom of anything. You are dying so that a small
>> number of people can get rich. Period.

> I too am impressed with your mind reading ability and your complete
> and total ignorance of what the military is for.

1. If you have no counter-arguments to what I said, then refrain from
attempted sarcasm that doesn't work and just makes you look like a fool
2. Military is for waging wars. Period. If we're lucky, this never comes
about, but if you're in the US military, the wars are a given fact.

> FYI, I joined the Marine Reserves, went to Camp Lejune to do my school
> then went back to driving a truck. I was called up to active duty for
> GW#1, did what I needed to do and came back home and resumed normal
> life.

And? How does that negate anything I said?

> You sound like a bitter old fool who is pissed off at being a loser at
> the game of life. Just because you were too scared to join the
> military does not mean that everyone who does join does so for their
> own gain.

Whose mind reading ability is worth two pints of piss now, eh, soldier?

1. I served in a military, even though it wasn't the same one you were in.
2. If I sound like [what you said] to you, this is caused by your
limited world experience. I've lived in three different countries, three
different socio-political systems, and have had a fairly uniform career
in a medical technology field. I came to North America with barely a
suitcase. Hardly a loser, but then, what do I know, huh?

> Now go back to trying to pick up your teenies in the chat rooms and
> quit trying to act like you know what everyones motives are when you
> know absolutely nothing.

Look, if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy thinking you are actually
protecting someone's rights and freedoms by being sent half way across
the world to shoot at people who never threatened anyone in your own
country, then keep deluding yourself. I can't help you. Open-minded
people would sometimes admit that what they used to consider truth maybe
wasn't that true after all.
So if you think American politicians send soldiers to invade other
countries in order to bring freedom to anyone, you haven't really grown
up. Still, good shit how you liberated Kuwait, huh? It was all about
freedom for Kuwaitis... Of course, the fact that Kuwait is one of the
worst human trafficking violators in the world today, that women's
rights are severely restricted, that freedom of press is limited, and so
on, we'll sweep that under the rug. Thanks for serving your oil
corporation, asshole.

Alan Ford

Nov 13, 2009, 3:47:30 PM11/13/09
Sasha wrote:

>> Uhm, no you didn't. More than likely you enlisted so that you can get
>> some free education on the tax-payer dime, free healthcare for your
>> family and some other perks, and also because this was pretty much the
>> only alternative to a McJob.
>
> Even if that was the case - which it isn't - so what?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I just don't need to
constantly hear about "supporting our soldiers", celebrating veterans
and generally putting the military on the pedestal that it absolutely
doesn't deserve.

Military is a necessary evil and a huge drain on society. It should be
kept in the barracks until the country is threatened and/or attacked,
not until special interest groups force the bought-off politicians to
send them to invade countries that refuse to hand over their natural
resources fast enough.

> Most police
> officers and firefighters go into their professions for secure
> employment, great benefits and a decent pension. That doesn't at all
> change the fact that, when your house is on fire or you're trapped in
> your car after a head-on collision or someone just broke into your
> home, they put themselves into harms way for you. So what if a soldier
> enlists so that they can get a free education? The politicians - that
> YOU contribute to electing - decide that the country needs to fight
> somewhere, and those soldiers answer the call

Again, your statements are undisputable, although banal. My complaint
was twofold, namely that I find this over-the-top militarization and
celebration of all things military a little nauseating, especially
considering that my tax money is used to feed the ever hungry threesome
of the DC lobby: the oil industry, the military complex and the Israel
lobby.

>> Quit this pretentious sanctimonious bullshit. I am sick and tired of
>> this phoney-baloney "veteran" crap.
>
> It isn't crap. It is a word which describes an individual who wore a
> uniform, took up arms and served their country. You don't like why
> they fight or where? Blame the people you voted into office. Whether
> those soldiers are fighting Hitler or fighting Saddam, they answered
> when their country asked for their service. That's more than enough
> for me to respect the hell out of them.

OK, so for a second, let's ignore all the underlying reasons they are
being sent to fight wars *outside* of the US borders. What remains? They
did the job they are paid to do? That's it? Who gives a shit? Every
fucking fast food restaurant worker does his job every day and I don't
hear sanctimonious bullshit celebrating their huge "sacrifice" and
dedication.

Facts:

- the US military is not compulsory, i.e. enlistment is voluntary
- every job, army included, carries with it certain obligations and risks
- if you're going to do something, do it well and accept whatever you
negotiated as compensation beforehand
- stop demanding respect, special thanks, gratitude and recognition for
the things you did not do
- the US fights offensive wars for strictly imperial, corporate and
pro-Israel purposes - it has fuck all to do with defending either the
US, Americans or the Constitution

>> The last time the US was attacked was in 1941. Every other war it fought
>> in the last hundred years it fought because it *chose* to, not because
>> it had to.
>
> Part of the reason why the US was so respected up until this latest
> Iraq war was the fact that they CHOSE to fight - not because they had
> to but because - right or wrong - they felt that they had to. If the
> US only fought when they were directly attacked, the world would be
> distinctly different - and not for the better.

Bullshit. Where was the US so respected? In South America where it
intervened directly and indirectly in establishing and propping up one
military junta after another? In Africa almost the same? In Asia, ditto?
In Europe to an extent because the Europeans enjoyed having to blow way
less money on defense that they would have had to do had the US declined
to play the role of a world empire. In the Middle East where it
alienated almost every single country by blindly serving as Israel's
bully? In the Antarctic?

>> You people *chose* the military as your occupation. No one forced you to
>> do it.
>
> Read my point above. Their "choosing" of the military as a career is
> NOT justification to treat them with such blatant disrespect.

Respect is something that is earned and not handed out like candy on
Halloween. Respect does not equal glamorizing the military and its soldiers.

Hope for the Heartless

Nov 13, 2009, 8:39:10 PM11/13/09
In article <mjuvs6-...@dhcpdns2.ddsoho.com>,

"Rev. Karl E. Taylor" <ktay...@getnet.net> wrote:

> Alan Ford wrote:
> > smutt butt wrote:
> >
> >> We enlisted so that assholes like you could say whatever you want to.
> >
> > Uhm, no you didn't. More than likely you enlisted so that you can get
> > some free education on the tax-payer dime, free healthcare for your
> > family and some other perks, and also because this was pretty much the
> > only alternative to a McJob.
> >
> > Quit this pretentious sanctimonious bullshit. I am sick and tired of
> > this phoney-baloney "veteran" crap.
> > The last time the US was attacked was in 1941. Every other war it fought
> > in the last hundred years it fought because it *chose* to, not because
> > it had to.
> > You people *chose* the military as your occupation. No one forced you to
> > do it. Do your fucking job wherever it is the politicians send you to
> > kill people and shut the fucking hell about it already. You are not
> > fighting for anyone's freedom of anything. You are dying so that a small
> > number of people can get rich. Period.
> >
> Says the armchair politician, who has probably never been inside of a
> uniform, short of McD's.
>
> Nice of you to try and tell ME what I did and did not do, and the
> reasons why. It is truly amazing that you somehow, have developed that
> telepathy ability. I am duly impressed with your mind reading skills.

He may be speculating about your reasons for joining, but he's right
about the rest. The USA has not had a war it HAD to fight since 1944,
so that means few people are still alive who have actually fought for
America's freedom.

Military service does have a legitimate purpose though. It's a
deterrent that keeps us safe from attack (aside from crazy terrorists,
and you can't protect against those). The things military people put up
with are not something most people would choose -- having to go wherever
the hell politicians and the brass decide to send you, legally required
obedience, screwed up family life, a stacked justice system and
sometimes working in dangerous conditions and having to shoot at people.

Military people put up with a LOT, so if it takes lots of perks to make
it worth it, so be it.

But I'm not going to bow down and worship those who made a different
choice in their work life.

Hope for the Heartless

Nov 13, 2009, 8:46:13 PM11/13/09
In article
<b551fc93-00b5-4578...@37g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Sasha <ktbp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Even if that was the case - which it isn't - so what? Most police
> officers and firefighters go into their professions for secure
> employment, great benefits and a decent pension. That doesn't at all
> change the fact that, when your house is on fire or you're trapped in
> your car after a head-on collision or someone just broke into your
> home, they put themselves into harms way for you. So what if a soldier
> enlists so that they can get a free education? The politicians - that
> YOU contribute to electing - decide that the country needs to fight
> somewhere, and those soldiers answer the call

The difference is that the policeman is there to protect the people of
his city. He enforces the laws every day and takes dangerous criminals
off the streets many times a year. The fireman puts out actual fires.
The soldier is much more likely to be sent somewhere halfway across the
world for purposes that have nothing to do with protecting the people
who pay his salary. It has always been that way with empires.

Rev. Karl E. Taylor

Nov 14, 2009, 9:37:22 AM11/14/09
Alan Ford wrote:

>>> Uhm, no you didn't. More than likely you enlisted so that you can get
>>> some free education on the tax-payer dime, free healthcare for your
>>> family and some other perks, and also because this was pretty much the
>>> only alternative to a McJob.
>>>
>>> Quit this pretentious sanctimonious bullshit. I am sick and tired of
>>> this phoney-baloney "veteran" crap.
>>> The last time the US was attacked was in 1941. Every other war it fought
>>> in the last hundred years it fought because it *chose* to, not because
>>> it had to.
>>> You people *chose* the military as your occupation. No one forced you to
>>> do it. Do your fucking job wherever it is the politicians send you to
>>> kill people and shut the fucking hell about it already. You are not
>>> fighting for anyone's freedom of anything. You are dying so that a small
>>> number of people can get rich. Period.
>>>
>> Says the armchair politician, who has probably never been inside of a
>> uniform, short of McD's.
>
> I actually served in the army, albeit a different one, not that this
> makes a bit of a difference to my point.

How nice. So, when you got out, were you thrown away, treated like
shit, and told you don't matter any longer? Were you conscripted, or
did you volunteer to enlist?

Simply put, you were in your skin, not mine, not anyone else. You have
no clue as to why they joined or the circumstances of their service.
Yet you make bold pronouncements.

>> Nice of you to try and tell ME what I did and did not do, and the
>> reasons why. It is truly amazing that you somehow, have developed that
>> telepathy ability. I am duly impressed with your mind reading skills.
>
> Well, I was responding to a different poster, but yes, you managed to
> get the point: the vast majority of people who enlist in the US Armed
> Forces do so for the reasons that I listed. Now, there may be a few who,
> in addition to those reasons, simply crave some structure in their life,
> or what they perceive will be an adventure, or like shooting people, or
> something along that line.
> However, no one enlists in the military of a trigger-happy world empire
> that invades some 2-3 countries per decade in order to "protect"
> anyone's freedom. That is a post-fact sanctimonious posturing.

There you go again, making sweeping judgments, when you haven't even
served in OUR military. From the looks of your headers, you don't even
live here. But you know all about the reasons why, Americans join the
American services? I doubt you have clue one, about why people here
enlist. You sure as hell have no idea why I enlisted.

You also seem to assume that joining the American services, is nothing
more than an outlet for agression. Bub, you couldn't be more wrong.

You are correct however in one point. The military of the US is abused
by its own command. Some members who have enlisted to escape hard
economic times, find themselves obeying orders of monomaniacal
presidents, hell bent on world domination, swayed by the radical
religious right, and treated like shit, both in and out of the service.

>> Why don't you put that power to a good use, and tell us all what next
>> weeks powerball numbers will be?
>
> There's a difference between being able to see through bullshit and
> being able to see the future.

Then kindly do so, starting with yourself. when you figure out all the
mysteries in your own life, then you can try to explain mine, not before.

My reasons for being a veteran, my reasons for enlisting and staying in
the service for 8 years, are just that, my reasons. You don't know me,
you don't even live here. I don't know why you served in your army, and
frankly, I don't care. You served, that is what matters.

You spent time in the service of your country, for whatever reasons,
denied your individuality and worked within a team of people that at
times, do a job that is dangerous and very hard. It doesn't matter if
you saw combat, fought in a "just war", or simply marked your time. You
served. Stupid orders and ignorant commanders not withstanding, you served.

What the hell is wrong with some recognition for that?

Rev. Karl E. Taylor

Nov 14, 2009, 10:03:33 AM11/14/09
Only the blatant nationalists want people to bow down to the military.

This veteran just asks for a little thank you. Some people have a
problem with even that much respect.

And to those folks that go on about how we haven't had a "real war" to
fight since 1944. Don't forget, the draft in this country only ended in
1972. The veterans of Korea and Vietnam, HAD NO CHOICE.

There were a few who did enlist ahead of their draft notices, so they
could choose which service to be in. But in all, if you were grade A,
prime meat, you went into the meat grinder, no way out.

Unless you are the son of a rich industrialist, or have a boil on your
ass and pull some strings. Then you could out of service, so that
decades later, you could send other young men and women, who did
volunteer, to die in unjust wars. And you can bitch about the "liberal
influences" while sitting on your boil free ass, as you scream for more
war, and popping your Oxycotin that your maid scored for ya.

You know why we celebrate veterans day? To say thank you to those men
and women who have put their lives on the line, even if the cause was
not just. And for those long departed veterans, WHO DIED, creating this
country. Sure, originally Veterans Day was to commemorate the end of
WWI, it has grown since then. All veterans, of all conflicts, are now
recognized. Even the ones that fought to start this country.

Now, you can go on and on with Alan and the others about how, "oh, they
were just doing their jobs, it's no big deal." I really don't care. A
great many people that pontificate about veterans and veterans affairs,
never served in any of the US military services. They are talking out
their asses. If you like listening to flatulence, be my guest. I
served so you could have the right to listen to any obnoxious wind bag
you want to. And that is the point of all military service.

The oath we swear is to "uphold and defend the Constitution". Not
cooperate America, not the politicians, not special interests, not the
religious right, not even YOU. The job of the military is to be always
ready to protect the principles and ideas of that piece of paper that is
the rule of all law in this country. We may not always agree with the
orders, but the oath of service is what matters to the members of the US
military services.

You folks have the right, to ignore, denigrate, even spit on Veterans
Day, because men and women are still willing, at a moments notice, to
lay down their lives to preserve that right for you.

They don't want your worship, just your decency and a little thank you.

Galen Hekhuis

Nov 14, 2009, 10:55:26 AM11/14/09
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:03:33 -0700, "Rev. Karl E. Taylor"
<ktay...@getnet.net> wrote:

>They don't want your worship, just your decency and a little thank you.

I had sufficient justification when I enlisted. I am not begging or
whining for a big or even a "little" thank you. I don't know what
"they" want, but a desire for some kind of "thanks" was not why people
I knew enlisted.

skep...@aol.com

Nov 14, 2009, 4:50:00 PM11/14/09
On Nov 12, 3:50 pm, "Rev. Karl E. Taylor" <ktaylo...@getnet.net>
wrote:
> skepti...@aol.com wrote:
> > Why Do We Celebrate Veteran’s Day?

My military background was at a Veterans Day parade in Oakland I
burned a flag.

skep...@aol.com

Nov 14, 2009, 5:01:44 PM11/14/09

The US isn't fighting against Hitlers, the USA forces are the Hitlers.
The USA didn't defeat Hitler, in fact, in Europe the main thrust of US
war making was to avoid fighting and make the Red Army defeat Hitler,
the Soviets and the German Capitalists had battles with one million
causalities on each side. The History Channel on US TV still cries
about 6,000 Marine casualties on Iwo Jima. The USA couldn't fight the
battles that the Soviets did because they didn't have the political
will, it was not a fight to the death against Hitler, the US didn't
have any major contradictions with Hitler. It was a fight to the death
between the Soviets and Hitler. Even WWII was an act of opportunism,
and gathering up lightly contested terrories, and the US fighting
forces were chumps for fighting for and enrich David Rockefeller or
FDR or Truman. It is imoral to gain a paycheck by shooting Iraqi
toddlers in the face to send a message as US Marine snipers routinely
do, it's immoral for the US to invade and occupy countries, and
torture people systematically. It's immoral for police men in the US
to shoot Black people for no reason except to keep a captive
population down. All this scantimonious posturing about fighting for
freedom, or free speech, is the sentimental self deception of
mercinaries, baby killers, spies, snitches and pigs.

skep...@aol.com

Nov 14, 2009, 5:17:05 PM11/14/09

Good Post Alan. In every decade of the United States, the US military
has attacked weaker people to expand its empire, it used to be withing
the shores of the continental US, killing Indians and Mexicans. Later
the Capitalist war making expanded to every corner of the globe,
unholy wars of aggression, decade after decade. For the Capitalists
military 'offense' not 'defense' is profitable because military
conquest and plunder are the engines of how Capitalism really works.

George

Nov 14, 2009, 5:27:42 PM11/14/09
On Nov 13, 9:56 pm, Alan Ford <zzz....@qqq.net> wrote:
> smutt butt wrote:

> The last time the US was attacked was in 1941.

Wrong!
11.9.2001

Syd M.

Nov 14, 2009, 5:46:14 PM11/14/09

Well, aren't you special.

PDW

Rev. Karl E. Taylor

Nov 14, 2009, 6:11:14 PM11/14/09
skep...@aol.com wrote:
> On Nov 12, 3:50 pm, "Rev. Karl E. Taylor" <ktaylo...@getnet.net>
> wrote:
>> skepti...@aol.com wrote:
>>> Why Do We Celebrate Veteran�s Day?

>>> Written by Robert Abele
>> So, what is your military background? What is the military background
>> of Robert Abele?
>>
>> And why do you think football groups needed to be added to this posting?
>> Exactly what does football have to do with military service? (Other
>> than a moral activity)
>
> My military background was at a Veterans Day parade in Oakland I
> burned a flag.

Well, bully for you, tough guy.

Until you've worn the uniform, you have no knowledge to speak from.

Do the world, and veterans a favor, if you don't like it, stay the fuck
away.

Alan Ford

Nov 15, 2009, 3:49:42 AM11/15/09
Rev. Karl E. Taylor wrote:

>>> Says the armchair politician, who has probably never been inside of a
>>> uniform, short of McD's.
>> I actually served in the army, albeit a different one, not that this
>> makes a bit of a difference to my point.
>>
> How nice. So, when you got out, were you thrown away, treated like
> shit, and told you don't matter any longer? Were you conscripted, or
> did you volunteer to enlist?

What difference does this make to my original points? If you must know,
service was compulsory and it was one year of my life I'm never getting
back.

> Simply put, you were in your skin, not mine, not anyone else. You have
> no clue as to why they joined or the circumstances of their service.
> Yet you make bold pronouncements.

Bullshit. What do you think, the US military and its soldiers are in
some sixth dimension and somehow impossible to fathom? Most of the guys
in the company I work for are former military, I do a lot of work in
military hospitals and, would you believe it, I also have an ability to
read, hear and make reasonable and rational conclusions.
All of which brings us back to the original post where I named the most
common reasons for joining the army, so spare me your fake posturing,
will you?
I mean, what the fuck? I am not saying that anything's wrong with those
reasons, I just don't buy all those post-rationalizations and phony
worship of "our soldiers" who are allegedly fighting for our freedom.

>>> Nice of you to try and tell ME what I did and did not do, and the
>>> reasons why. It is truly amazing that you somehow, have developed that
>>> telepathy ability. I am duly impressed with your mind reading skills.
>> Well, I was responding to a different poster, but yes, you managed to
>> get the point: the vast majority of people who enlist in the US Armed
>> Forces do so for the reasons that I listed. Now, there may be a few who,
>> in addition to those reasons, simply crave some structure in their life,
>> or what they perceive will be an adventure, or like shooting people, or
>> something along that line.
>> However, no one enlists in the military of a trigger-happy world empire
>> that invades some 2-3 countries per decade in order to "protect"
>> anyone's freedom. That is a post-fact sanctimonious posturing.
>>
> There you go again, making sweeping judgments, when you haven't even
> served in OUR military. From the looks of your headers, you don't even
> live here.

Just goes to show you know fuck all about anything.

> But you know all about the reasons why, Americans join the
> American services? I doubt you have clue one, about why people here
> enlist. You sure as hell have no idea why I enlisted.

Let me guess? You wanted to "be all you can be" and be "the army of one"
and "get and edge on life", or maybe you wanted "not just a job, but an
adventure", or was it to be one of "the few, the proud". Could it have
been that they were looking for "a few good men" or did you "aim high"
or did you just want to be "part of the action"?

> You also seem to assume that joining the American services, is nothing
> more than an outlet for agression. Bub, you couldn't be more wrong.

No, that is definitely not what I said, but it you can't deny that it is
one of the reasons for some people out there.

> You are correct however in one point. The military of the US is abused
> by its own command. Some members who have enlisted to escape hard
> economic times, find themselves obeying orders of monomaniacal
> presidents, hell bent on world domination, swayed by the radical
> religious right, and treated like shit, both in and out of the service.

OK, at least we agree on something.

>>> Why don't you put that power to a good use, and tell us all what next
>>> weeks powerball numbers will be?
>> There's a difference between being able to see through bullshit and
>> being able to see the future.
>>
> Then kindly do so, starting with yourself. when you figure out all the
> mysteries in your own life, then you can try to explain mine, not before.
>
> My reasons for being a veteran, my reasons for enlisting and staying in
> the service for 8 years, are just that, my reasons. You don't know me,
> you don't even live here. I don't know why you served in your army, and
> frankly, I don't care. You served, that is what matters.

Still, this post was not about you. You are not the only veteran and US
Army soldier.

> You spent time in the service of your country, for whatever reasons,
> denied your individuality and worked within a team of people that at
> times, do a job that is dangerous and very hard. It doesn't matter if
> you saw combat, fought in a "just war", or simply marked your time. You
> served. Stupid orders and ignorant commanders not withstanding, you served.
>
> What the hell is wrong with some recognition for that?

That depends on what you mean by recognition. Also on what kind of
service it was, regardless whether you were just following your
politicians' orders or not. Otherwise we might as well sing praises for
all the foot-soldiers who guarded the concentration camps. I am sure
they served, too.

Alan Ford

Nov 15, 2009, 4:02:52 AM11/15/09
George wrote:

>> The last time the US was attacked was in 1941.
>
> Wrong!
> 11.9.2001

Learn to differentiate between an act (or declaration) of war and a
terrorist act.

Hope for the Heartless

Nov 15, 2009, 5:28:54 PM11/15/09
In article <hdog3s$omq$2...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Alan Ford <zzz...@qqq.net> wrote:

> George wrote:
>
> >> The last time the US was attacked was in 1941.
> >
> > Wrong!
> > 11.9.2001
>
> Learn to differentiate between an act (or declaration) of war and a
> terrorist act.

Sept 11, 2001 was both. Two of the buildings targeted were civilian
targets, thus those attacks were terrorist. The third was the Pentagon,
which is a military target.

That's why they build it the way they did and why so few people not on
the plane died there.

The Fort Hood incident involved military targets and a military shooter.
That's not terrorism. That's treason, not terrorism.

Alan Ford

Nov 16, 2009, 1:09:09 AM11/16/09
Hope for the Heartless wrote:

>>> Wrong!
>>> 11.9.2001
>> Learn to differentiate between an act (or declaration) of war and a
>> terrorist act.
>
> Sept 11, 2001 was both. Two of the buildings targeted were civilian
> targets, thus those attacks were terrorist. The third was the Pentagon,
> which is a military target.
>
> That's why they build it the way they did and why so few people not on
> the plane died there.
>
> The Fort Hood incident involved military targets and a military shooter.
> That's not terrorism. That's treason, not terrorism.

You are one confused dude. In order to have an act of war, there must be
a an actual warfare afterwards between two clearly defined sides.
The 9/11 attacks were acts of terrorism by a group of people with no
permanent residence and no common thread among its members other than
religion who did not even take responsibility for the attacks. Whether
the targets were military or civilian, it makes no difference.

The Ft.Hood incident is an act of terrorism, too. Treason does not even
come into consideration because it was plain indiscriminate murder of
people, not an attempt to either overthrow a government or to make war
against one's own country or to injure the country by spying or similar
actions on behalf of another country.

Get real.

Hope for the Heartless

Nov 16, 2009, 10:27:50 PM11/16/09
In article <hdqqa6$sf9$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Alan Ford <zzz...@qqq.net> wrote:

So we're not actually at war in Afghanistan?

Alan Ford

Nov 17, 2009, 12:59:56 AM11/17/09

What, Afghanistan attacked the US? Declared war against the US? No? The
reason the US is in Afghanistan has long ago been forgotten: in order to
find the people responsible for the attacks on the WTC and Pentagon.
Remember them?