New ratties.. :-))

1 view

Anne M@rie [ Scarlet's Shelter ]

Jan 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/16/99
Hi all...

We went to an animal exibition today and there where also little
ratties ("rittens" as we call them :-) and I just couldn't resist
:-)))
Our new ratties, a girl and a boy, are "American Blue Self's", and the
girl is called Pebbles and the little boy BamBam :-)

Oh, boy, they are SO cute and SO small :-) I'll take some pic's and
when I have them done (the pic's :-) I'll put them on my HomePage.

<smiling, smiling>

Anne Marie & The Rat Crew

SCARLET's SHELTER homepage: http://www.cybercomm.nl/~krilkoen/intro.html
Homepage is in English & Dutch, the folowing only in Dutch:
DE gebruiksaanwijzing: http://www.cybercomm.nl/~krilkoen/faq-ned.html
CURSUS voor Ratten Baby's: http://www.cybercomm.nl/~krilkoen/cursus.html
DE Nederlandse Rattenlijst: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/ratten

David Sif

Jan 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/17/99
I'm sure they told you this, or that you know it...but those two rats will
breed quite young if you keep them together!

Liz Hanson

Jan 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/17/99
In article <36a12512...@192.168.0.1>, "Anne M@rie [ Scarlet's Shelter ]"
<kril...@cybercomm.nl> writes

>Hi all...
>
>We went to an animal exibition today and
>there where also little
>ratties ("rittens" as we call them :-) and I
>just couldn't resist
>:-)))
>Our new ratties, a girl and a boy, are
>"American Blue Self's", and the
>girl is called Pebbles and the little boy
>BamBam :-)
>
>Oh, boy, they are SO cute and SO small :-)
>I'll take some pic's and
>when I have them done (the pic's :-) I'll
>put them on my HomePage.
>
><smiling, smiling>
>
>Anne Marie & The Rat Crew

Congratulations on your new arrivals, Anne Marie. They must be absoluteley
charming, and I am looking forward to seeing the pics, because I have never seen
American Blue Selfs. "Rittens" huh? Good word.
--
Liz Hanson

Anne M@rie [ Scarlet's Shelter ]

Jan 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/18/99
Liz Hanson <l...@zylanid.demon.co.uk> wrote this :

>Congratulations on your new arrivals, Anne Marie. They must be absoluteley
>charming, and I am looking forward to seeing the pics, because I have never seen
>American Blue Selfs. "Rittens" huh? Good word.

Thanks Liz! They are so cute!!! Ofcourse I will make pictures, I'll
let you know when they are on my picture-page.

American Blue self...well, we have different names here for colours,
maby AG can help me out: it is not russian blue, it is not english
blue although it looks like it but it is not as blue as english blue
(and we call that American Blue). Any ideas AG?
Rittens is our word for baby rats, instead of kittens which reminds me
of cats.

GreetinX!

Anne Marie & The Rat Crew

SCARLET's SHELTER homepage: http://www.cybercomm.nl/~krilkoen/intro.html

myom...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/18/99

> American Blue self...well, we have different names here for colours,
> maby AG can help me out: it is not russian blue, it is not english
> blue although it looks like it but it is not as blue as english blue
> (and we call that American Blue). Any ideas AG?
> Rittens is our word for baby rats, instead of kittens which reminds me
> of cats.

Are other dilutions ivolved that are lighting it?

Are the hair bases white or does the colour go all the way down to the skin?

Here we have:

dd = russian blue, maltese, or "blue" (this is the darker blue)
gg = slate blue, blue, grey (the lighter one)
gg + modifiers = sky blue (afrma colour)
gg + modifiers = powder blue (afrma? and Rmca colour)
gg + white-undercoat modifier = smoke. (gg blue on the tips but base is white)

ALL the Above have Black Eyes or very dark ruby.

gg + rr; gg + mm; gg + bb ... all = platinum (ruby eyes)
gg + pp = silver (pink/red eyes)

dd + rr = bluebeige (ruby eyes)
dd + pp = (not described but probably be called bluechampagne)(pink/red eyes)

dd + mm; dd + bb = lilac (I am told its this in europe? We've not done such
a cross Im aware of here yet so I dont knw what it really looks like)- black
eyes

AG

> GreetinX!
>
> Anne Marie & The Rat Crew
>
> SCARLET's SHELTER homepage: http://www.cybercomm.nl/~krilkoen/intro.html
> Homepage is in English & Dutch, the folowing only in Dutch:
> DE gebruiksaanwijzing: http://www.cybercomm.nl/~krilkoen/faq-ned.html
> CURSUS voor Ratten Baby's: http://www.cybercomm.nl/~krilkoen/cursus.html
> DE Nederlandse Rattenlijst: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/ratten

Anne M@rie [ Scarlet's Shelter ]

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
myom...@my-dejanews.com wrote this :

[your explanation]

Thank you kindly for your information and expertise :-)
I have forwarded your message to my rats-list (the dutch one,
remember?) and asked Willy Raets to take a look at your answer. As
soon as I know what colour it is I'll get back to you here in APR.

Lilac btw looks like a very light brownish purple. It is like the
colour 'aubergine' (do you know that word?) but then very very light.

GreetinX and thanks again!

Anne M@rie [ Scarlet's Shelter ]

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
myom...@my-dejanews.com wrote this :

>gg + white-undercoat modifier = smoke. (gg blue on the tips but base is white)

According to Willy Raets (famous dutch breeder who e-mails with AG) it
is the above, although he can't tell for sure until the ritten is 3
months old.

GreetinX...

myom...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99

> I have forwarded your message to my rats-list (the dutch one,
> remember?) and asked Willy Raets to take a look at your answer. As

Lol, yes the one I cant read!! :) If only AltaVist had a Dutch translation-
(Course, youd all be talking about something like "lilac rats" and altavista
would tell me you were really talking about "lavander cats" or "flower scented
mouth wash" or some equally nonhelpful subject :) .....)

The blue smoke sounds appropiate, i think I recall a mention of seeing that in
their part of the world. It is pretty isnt it? Another breeder I know is
breeding it. I though one of my minks was smoked, he was as a baby- then he
turned into just silvered :-S

> Lilac btw looks like a very light brownish purple. It is like the
> colour 'aubergine' (do you know that word?) but then very very light.

European lilac, aaddbb? Or our lilac (pale mink)?
Sorry I dont know the word aubergine.

-AG