Hows all the little ferts out there

1 view

steve robinson

Apr 10, 2012, 12:56:07 PM4/10/12
As the title hows everyones little ferts , my pair a full of the joys
of spring

Gary

Apr 10, 2012, 5:25:42 PM4/10/12
steve robinson wrote:

> As the title hows everyones little ferts , my pair a full of the joys
> of spring

Well how are you, Steve? Great to hear from you. My Jackie and Mia are
doing good. As you know, each day is so nice to have them here. My 2 little
girlfriends. :-D

Gary

steve robinson

Apr 11, 2012, 2:20:22 PM4/11/12
And you dont even have to buy tem furs :)

Im fine still in remission although i do suffer from fatigue these
days , but its better than being dead:)

Bill Leary

Apr 11, 2012, 6:44:50 PM4/11/12
"steve robinson" wrote in message
> As the title hows everyones little ferts , my pair a full of the joys
> of spring

I moved my office from the front of my house to the back. The three ferrets
got the old office. About five by ten feet. They've been in ferret heaven.
I put their cage in there, a multi-level cat lounge, and a couple of boxes.
They've been climbing and jumping and running about like they're all kits
again.

- Bill

FerretDad

Apr 14, 2012, 11:40:00 AM4/14/12
steve robinson wrote:

> Gary wrote:
>
> > steve robinson wrote:
> > >
> > > As the title hows everyones little ferts , my pair a full of the
> > > joys of spring
> >
> > Well how are you, Steve? Great to hear from you. My Jackie and Mia
> > are doing good. As you know, each day is so nice to have them here.
> > My 2 little girlfriends. :-D
> >
> > Gary
>
> And you dont even have to buy tem furs :)

Jackie is over 4 years old now. Of them all, she has the softest fur ever.
All of her life, I often hold her up and say (as a joke) to her, "Jackie,
when you eventually die, your fur will make a great pair of gloves!" ;)
That's when she just stares at me and yawns. hahahaha

> Im fine still in remission although i do suffer from fatigue these
> days , but its better than being dead:)

Steve, I'm so glad to hear this. Remain positive thinking. You can beat
this! The home ferret treatment will be what takes you over the edge and you
will win. :)

You keep in touch often too. You've got a support system here. I'll send
you my personal addy too if you need an extra friend to help you get through
this.

Best wishes, Gary, Jackie,& Mia

FerretDad

Apr 14, 2012, 11:48:10 AM4/14/12
Bill Leary wrote:

> I moved my office from the front of my house to the back. The three ferrets
> got the old office. About five by ten feet. They've been in ferret heaven.
> I put their cage in there, a multi-level cat lounge, and a couple of boxes.
> They've been climbing and jumping and running about like they're all kits
> again.

I can just imagine! Ferret heaven for them. I let mine out when I get
home. I used to leave them out for the whole nights and weekends as they
were litter trained. Lately though they don't "go" were they are supposed to
if I leave them out long time. I can't have that here.

So now, I come home and feed them lightly (just a snack), then I'll let
them out to play for about an hour. During this time, they WILL use the
litter papers. After an hour, they tire and will sleep in their secret
places. If I let them do that, they will pee/poop in the wrong places
later. So I put them back in cage after an hour. I'll let them out again
later for the same hour.

I wish ferrets were like cats....you could leave them out all the time with
no bathroom issues. They love to be out but I just can't have accidents on
a daily basis.

Gary

Bill Leary

Apr 14, 2012, 1:30:24 PM4/14/12
"FerretDad" wrote in message news:4F899C3A...@ferret.org...
Some years ago I gave up trying to litter train them. In the cage, they
pick their own spots and trying to put in litter boxes never much helped.
When I did, they usually slept in the litter boxes and messed on the other
side of the cage. Switch the box side to side and so did they. So I
switched to absorbent bedding and just let them pick their spots and clean
up as necessary. When I used to let them out to play, I just cleaned up
after them. Now that they have their own room, I just clean up from time to
time. Linoleum is very handy in this effort.

- Bill