Perpendicular universes

t0...@unb.ca

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
I suggest that the perpendicular universe to another is that in which
everything is opposite to the one in question. Perpendicular to this one, we
would all be made of anti-matter. 1+1 would be -2. The sun would
be a weak black hole. nospmiS JO would be a peaceful, law-abiding citizen.
Automobiles would have much larger rear-view mirrors. 008-1 numbers would
cost $4/min. Megahard would be the least successful software company in
existence. And Giftcertificate Opendoors would be living on the streets.
Cameras would be inordinately large with 35 km film. Doors '59 would be
running your computer. Humans would be capable of rational thought. Finally
there would be a channel 1 on your TV. Although the rest would be negative.
And the sound would blow your ears out when you first turned it on. The
outernet would interconnect lawnmowers around the globe, and so you wouldn't
be reading this.

JY
NB, Canada, Earth, Unknown Universe.

James McIninch

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
t0...@unb.ca wrote:
: I suggest that the perpendicular universe to another is that in which

The true irony is that the opposite of a parallel universe is a normal
universe (at least for universes with a dimensionality greater than two).
So, logically, regardless of which universe you are in, it's not a parallel
one because to you it would seem normal.

Pat, Scott, or Bryan

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
See, then? It *did* work.

just me....

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
In article <t0kx.128...@unb.ca>, t0...@unb.ca says...

>I suggest that the perpendicular universe to another is that in which
>everything is opposite to the one in question.

Ha ha ha ha, sounds like Bizarro land in the old Superman comics!

Pierre Vannieuwerburgh

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
! erehwemos tsixe ylerus tsum esrevinu hcuS .thgir ylbaborp er'uoY

tr...@magmacom.com

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
to Pierre Vannieuwerburgh
Pierre Vannieuwerburgh wrote:

> ! erehwemos tsixe ylerus tsum esrevinu hcuS .thgir ylbaborp er'uoY

?taht ekil repapswen eritne na gnidaer enigamI uoy nac woN

!eeH !eeH .desufnoc yllaer eb tsum tsop siht gnidaer elpoep ehT

looC

eraC ekaT

)-: darnoC

Do...@dialinxx.phoenix.net

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96

Haven't you ever met anyone with sort of an "orthogonal" point of view about
things. Their from the perpendicular universe maybe.

William J. Evans

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
tr...@magmacom.com wrote:
:!eeH !eeH .desufnoc yllaer eb tsum tsop siht gnidaer elpoep ehT

anp kvaH erqah tavaahe ferqnrefjra lanZ .lyvenffrpra gbA
rug yyn tavferire :ngnq rug ab fergyvs sb fgebf yyn ryqanu
rybuj rug tavaahe arug qan ,rycznkr ebs ,ravy n ab fergpnenup
.31gbe uthbeug tavug

-- Captain Nitpick
Bill Evans P.O. Box 4829 Irvine, CA 92716 (714)551-2766 _ /| ACK!
Email-To: w...@acm.org -- PGP encrypted mail preferred. -- \`o_O' /
Finger w...@netcom.com for public key. Key #: 441AFEA5 =( )=
PGPprint: FB D0 1C 1D EF DC 26 BA B3 9E 84 0B 40 D6 59 9C U

John Webster

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
In article <4k0232$2...@nw002.infi.net>,

"Me no like pork chops...that's why me eat them all!"
Bizarro Superman

John Webster