Re: (OT) "20 Extremely Forgotten Child Actors"

Message has been deleted

Sauve Maria

Jul 29, 2013, 9:11:50 PM7/29/13
Want to see a list of forgotten actors? The cast of "Bugsy Malone" is long with forgotten names. A big budget film about the 1920's mob, cast entirely with children. And a musical! Here's the list:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074256/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm#cast

R H Draney

Jul 29, 2013, 9:33:34 PM7/29/13
News filted:

>"20 Extremely Forgotten Former Child Actors"
>
>3. Lisa Gerritsen
> "Lisa True Gerritsen was Bess both on MTM and Phyllis. She also played
>a girl named Bunny on the Odd Couple." [b. Dec. 21, 1957; age 55]

As is apparent from the other thread, not everyone has forgotten her...before
she played Bess, I saw her (with Moosie Drier, later a "Laugh-In" regular and
Howard Borden's son on "The Bob Newhart Show", as her little brother) in the
movie "The War Between Men And Women" in which Jack Lemmon plays a
thinly-disguised James Thurber....

>4. Kellie Flanagan
> "Kellie played the young daughter of Hope Lange in the 60's series, The
>Ghost And Mrs. Muir."
>
>7. Dawn Lyn
> "Dawn was best remembered as Dodie in MY Three Sons and later did shows
>such as The Red Had Gang and movies Like Walking Tall and Shootout ( with
>Gregory Peck). Dawn has spent recent years in Germany I believe. Dawn's
>brother is the singer, Leif Garrett." b. Jan. 11, 1963; age 50]
>
>9. David Doremus
> "David was best remembered as oldest son Hal on TV's Nanny And The
>Professor in the early 70's."

I remember all three of the above...now if you *really* want forgotten, what
happened to Jeff and Joe Fithian, the twin brothers who played twin brothers on
"Please Don't Eat The Daisies"?...

>16. Michael Link
> "Michael was best remembered in the 60's series Julia as Earl
>Waggedorf, than seemed to vanish."

There's another one I remember...most vividly for putting his killed-in-action
father's picture back together with bandaids after the glass got broken....

>19. Melanie Watson
> "Melanie Watson was best remembered for her heat wrenching
>performances as Arnold Jackson's wheelchair bound friend Kathy Gordon on
>Different Strokes.

"Heat wrenching"?...r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Brad Ferguson

Jul 29, 2013, 10:28:55 PM7/29/13
In article <806eebb7-2757-4cee...@googlegroups.com>,
Sauve Maria <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Want to see a list of forgotten actors? The cast of "Bugsy Malone" is long
> with forgotten names.

I was on an airplane once with the kid who played Fat Sam; the actor's
name was John Cassisi. Um, July 1977. Nothing remarkable happened
until we all got off the airplane at LAX. Cassisi had maybe two dozen
relatives waiting to greet him. I'd never seen so many happy people in
one place, unless it was at the Nixon resignation party I'd thrown
three years before.

BTW James Earl Jones was four rows back. This was right after the
original Star Wars film had opened. If anybody knew he was the voice
of Darth Vader, they were still keeping it to themselves. I looked at
him, and he looked back at me over the top of his newspaper. He looked
grumpy.

Louis Epstein

Jul 29, 2013, 11:33:40 PM7/29/13
News <m...@sb.net> wrote:

> http://www.imdb.com/list/YvtT4xHxHtA
>
> "20 Extremely Forgotten Former Child Actors"
>
> by LingIsNiceNice created 5 months ago
>

> 1. Frannie Michel
> Was in the early 70's TV Drama , "Apple's Way"
> [and so was Valerie Bertinelli for 1 episode ("The Flag," as 'Peggy' in
> Nov. '74]
>

> 2. Angela Powell
> "Angela Played the Daughter of Dick Van Dyke in the 70's New Dick Van
> Dyke Show than vansihed."
> [b. Oct. 16, 1961; age 51]
>

> 3. Lisa Gerritsen
> "Lisa True Gerritsen was Bess both on MTM and Phyllis. She also played
> a girl named Bunny on the Odd Couple." [b. Dec. 21, 1957; age 55]
>

> 4. Kellie Flanagan
> "Kellie played the young daughter of Hope Lange in the 60's series, The
> Ghost And Mrs. Muir."
>

> 5. Danielle Brisebois
> "Danielle was cast many years ago as Archie Bunker's niece-in-law on
> All In The family than later transferred over to the Spinoff of sorts,
> Archie Bunker's Place with series star, Carroll O'Connor. Danielle later
> became a successful songwriter and scored a mega achievement with her
> writing contribution to the International Hit song, Unwritten." [b. Jun. 28,
> 1969; age 44]

I certainly wouldn't call her "extremely forgotten".

Meanwhile,whatever happened to the once-ubiquitous Eric Shea?

> 6. Rori King
> "Rori was Diana Canova's young daughter in the early 80's short lived
> sitcom, I'm A Big Girl Now. Danny Thomas, the comic legend, player her
> grandfather. After that Rori seemed to disappear."
>
> 7. Dawn Lyn
> "Dawn was best remembered as Dodie in MY Three Sons and later did shows
> such as The Red Had Gang and movies Like Walking Tall and Shootout ( with
> Gregory Peck). Dawn has spent recent years in Germany I believe. Dawn's
> brother is the singer, Leif Garrett." b. Jan. 11, 1963; age 50]
>
> 8. Ashley Sterling
> "Ashleigh was a cutie of a child actor in the 90's appearing as Gregory
> Harrison's daughter and Al Molinaro's granddaughter on a short lived
> sitcom."
>
> 9. David Doremus
> "David was best remembered as oldest son Hal on TV's Nanny And The
> Professor in the early 70's."
>
> 10. Bernadette Withers
> "Bernadette is best remembered as Ginger, a character that had 3
> surnames, lol! during the long run of tv's late 50's sitcom, Bachelor
> Father. She was the neighbor and best friend in the show, of lead Girl
> Noreen Corcoran who played Niece Kelly. Ginger's changed last names included
> Loomis."
>
> 11. Julie Anne Haddock
> "Julie was best remembered for her 1-year stint as the
> bebaseballcapped Cindy early in the run of Facts Of Life. Julie alter made
> several guest appearances on somewhat later eps of that show. Julie is said
> to be active in her church." [b. Apr. 3, 1965; age 48]

Julie Piekarski and Felice Shachter also got dumped from
the cast early on.

> 12. Doney Oatman
> "Doney is best remembered as Edna Unger no. 2 on TV's the Odd Couple.
> Doney mysteriously seemed to disappear after the series halted production."
>
> 13. Katy Kurtzman
> "Katy was a popular 70's child actress who did a version of Heidi and
> and appeared in such stable family fare as Little House On the Prairie."
>
> 14. Joseph A. Mayer
> "Joseph was one of the pair of the delightful set of twins that
> immediately proceeded Keith Thibodeaux (Richard Keith) into the role of
> Little Ricky on I Love Lucy. Joe's twin brother Mike also essayed the role
> from time to time." [b. Jun. 26, 1952; age 61]
>
> 15. Mike Mayer
> "Mike was one of the pair of the delightful set of twins that
> immediately proceeded Keith Thibodeaux (Richard Keith) into the role of
> Little Ricky on I Love Lucy. Mike's twin brother Joe also essayed the role
> from time to time." [b. Jun. 26, 1952; age 61]
>
> 16. Michael Link
> "Michael was best remembered in the 60's series Julia as Earl
> Waggedorf, than seemed to vanish."
>
> 17. Karen Sue Trent
> "Karen Sue was the replacement "bratty" girl on Leave It To Beaver,
> replacing Geri Weil as Judy Hensler. Karen played Penny Woods for 3 seasons
> on the show. Penny Woods also curiously was the name of Janet Jackson's
> eventual adopted name on Good Times." [b. Mar. 14, 1948; age 65]
>

> 18. Robert 'Rusty' Stevens
> "Rusty was TV's Larry Mondello for 3 years on Leave It To Beaver, then
> it was said in real life he moved from Hollywood and sadly out of our laugh
> loving hearts." [b. Nov. 25, 1948; age 64]
>

> 19. Melanie Watson
> "Melanie Watson was best remembered for her heat wrenching
> performances as Arnold Jackson's wheelchair bound friend Kathy Gordon on
> Different Strokes. Other than reading she has a company now, she has not
> been seen in the public media in decades I believe. Btw the link above is
> not to the correct Melanie Watson. The correct one is Melanie Watson I, but
> in order to post this description I had to pick a name link from the search
> list and oddly (and perhaps due to a software issue) IMDb would not access
> me t selecting Melanie Watson I. Sorry for the inconvenience."
>
> 20. Patty Petersen
> "Again like Melanie above a potential software problem, has forced me
> to select the wrong Patty from the list just to post this description. I
> again apologize. Patty whom I Have in mind is the younger sister of Paul
> Petersen from The Donna Reed Show. On Donna Reed, Patty spent almost 4 years
> playing Paul's adopted sister. Again sorry for any inconveniences."
> [Board Member for the Donna Reed Foundation, and works at the Donna
> Reed Festival in Denison, Iowa the third week in June every year.]

-=-=-

Sauve Maria

Jul 29, 2013, 11:57:47 PM7/29/13
On Monday, July 29, 2013 7:28:55 PM UTC-7, Brad Ferguson wrote:
> In article <806eebb7-2757-4cee...@googlegroups.com>,
>
> Sauve Maria <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Want to see a list of forgotten actors? The cast of "Bugsy Malone" is long
>
> > with forgotten names.
>

> I was on an airplane once with the kid who played Fat Sam; the actor's
>
> name was John Cassisi.

That's who impressed me, John Cassisi. Cute little chubby kid who seemed to have some talent. Big role. Seems he never did another thing again.

And that little black boy, Michael Jackson. Whatever happened to him?

Showtime free trials and a DVR; life is good.

Steve Hayes

Jul 30, 2013, 12:13:24 AM7/30/13
On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 20:57:47 -0700 (PDT), Sauve Maria <wilm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> And that little black boy, Michael Jackson. Whatever happened to him?

He turned white, and ugly.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com

R H Draney

Jul 30, 2013, 1:00:40 AM7/30/13
Louis Epstein filted:

>News <m...@sb.net> wrote:
>>
>> 11. Julie Anne Haddock
>> "Julie was best remembered for her 1-year stint as the
>> bebaseballcapped Cindy early in the run of Facts Of Life. Julie alter made
>> several guest appearances on somewhat later eps of that show. Julie is said
>> to be active in her church." [b. Apr. 3, 1965; age 48]
>
>Julie Piekarski and Felice Shachter also got dumped from
>the cast early on.

Piekarski, at least, came in along with Lisa Whelchel (last seen on "Survivor:
Phillipines") from the cast of "The New Mickey Mouse Club"...if we're wondering
about disappearing child stars, check out what became of Allison Fonte:

http://www.corporationwiki.com/New-York/New-York/allison-fonte-associates/84151338.aspx

....r

eeo...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2013, 10:01:12 AM7/30/13
> 2. Angela Powell
>
> "Angela Played the Daughter of Dick Van Dyke in the 70's New Dick Van
>
> Dyke Show than vansihed."

...then...

> 5. Danielle Brisebois
>
> "Danielle was cast many years ago as Archie Bunker's niece-in-law on
>
> All In The family than later transferred over to the Spinoff of sorts,

...then....

> 16. Michael Link
>
> "Michael was best remembered in the 60's series Julia as Earl
>
> Waggedorf, than seemed to vanish."

...then....

> 18. Robert 'Rusty' Stevens
>
> "Rusty was TV's Larry Mondello for 3 years on Leave It To Beaver, then
>
> it was said in real life he moved from Hollywood and sadly out of our laugh
>
> loving hearts." [b. Nov. 25, 1948; age 64]...

Hmm. Got that one right...

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Scott Brady

Jul 31, 2013, 12:43:38 PM7/31/13
On Monday, July 29, 2013 8:33:34 PM UTC-5, R H Draney wrote:

> > "Lisa True Gerritsen was Bess both on MTM and Phyllis. She also played
> >a girl named Bunny on the Odd Couple." [b. Dec. 21, 1957; age 55]

> As is apparent from the other thread, not everyone has forgotten her...before
> she played Bess, I saw her (with Moosie Drier, later a "Laugh-In" regular and
> Howard Borden's son on "The Bob Newhart Show", as her little brother) in the
> movie "The War Between Men And Women" in which Jack Lemmon plays a
> thinly-disguised James Thurber....

She'd previously played William Windom's daughter on the similarly-themed "My World and Welcome to It" (both the 1969 TV series and 1972 film were Melville Shavelson/Danny Arnold creations).

Incidentally, she is the granddaughter of child actor and screenwriter True Boardman, and the great-granddaughter of silent film actors True Boardman and Virginia True Boardman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Gerritsen

> >7. Dawn Lyn
>
> > "Dawn was best remembered as Dodie in MY Three Sons and later did shows
> >such as The Red Had Gang and movies Like Walking Tall and Shootout ( with
> >Gregory Peck). Dawn has spent recent years in Germany I believe. Dawn's
> >brother is the singer, Leif Garrett." b. Jan. 11, 1963; age 50]

And all her men wore English Leather (see 7:07 of this compilation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSHcxurR54I

> >16. Michael Link
>
> > "Michael was best remembered in the 60's series Julia as Earl
> >Waggedorf, than seemed to vanish."
>
> There's another one I remember...most vividly for putting his killed-in-action
> father's picture back together with bandaids after the glass got broken....

You must be thinking of the equally (or apparently more) forgotten Marc Copage, who played Julia's son, Corey. Earl J. Waggedorn was the white kid downstairs, whose father was a rarely if ever seen cop.

Perhaps the ultimate forgotten child actor is the boy or girl who played Earl's infant sibling, whom I only remember being referred to as "Baby."

Scott Brady

Jul 31, 2013, 12:47:48 PM7/31/13
On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:43:38 AM UTC-5, Scott Brady wrote:

> And all her men wore English Leather (see 7:07 of this compilation:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSHcxurR54I

I left out the closing parenthesis on purpose; assume everything I post from this point on is an aside.

R H Draney

Jul 31, 2013, 5:11:56 PM7/31/13
Scott Brady filted:
Ah, yes...but didn't the picture get broken because both boys were playing
football in the house?...

>Perhaps the ultimate forgotten child actor is the boy or girl who played Earl's
>infant sibling, whom I only remember being referred to as "Baby."

Kind of reminds me of "Pleurisy", the little sister of Farina in two early "Our
Gang" films, and never credited...people have been trying to figure out who that
kid was for decades....

We should start another thread for adult actors who have fallen off the radar,
giving special attention to the ones who seemed to be everywhere for a
while...I'd love to know what ever became of Sian Barbara Allen (star of the TV
movie "Scream, Pretty Peggy" and at some point married to Richard "John Boy
Walton" Thomas)...and Lisa Schwedop, who was surprisingly natural in the
otherwise ludicrous "The Revenge of the Teenage Vixens from Outer Space" but
apparently never worked again....r

Steve Hayes

Aug 1, 2013, 12:29:36 AM8/1/13
On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:52:24 -0500, "News" <m...@sb.net> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>http://www.imdb.com/list/YvtT4xHxHtA
>
>"20 Extremely Forgotten Former Child Actors"
>
>by LingIsNiceNice created 5 months ago

There was also Fergus McLelland, of "Sammy going south".

BobF

Aug 1, 2013, 1:29:52 AM8/1/13
On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:52:24 -0500, "News" <m...@sb.net> shouted from the
highest rooftop:

>"20 Extremely Forgotten Former Child Actors"

Two I know personally:

Rick Nyles Murray

The Mating Game, et al

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0615239/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_2

Ronnie Troup (daughter of Bobby Troup, half-sister of Kelly Troup)

My Three Sons, et al

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0873761/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_2

--

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Message has been deleted

Steve Hayes

Aug 1, 2013, 3:23:41 AM8/1/13
On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 01:40:35 -0500, "News" <m...@sb.net> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>"Steve Hayes" <haye...@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:52:24 -0500, "News" <m...@sb.net> wrote:
>>
>>>x-no-archive: yes
>>>
>>>http://www.imdb.com/list/YvtT4xHxHtA
>>>
>>>"20 Extremely Forgotten Former Child Actors"
>>>
>>>by LingIsNiceNice created 5 months ago
>>
>> There was also Fergus McLelland, of "Sammy going south".
>
> Not seen in the U.S.
> Probably only seen in S. Africa. <g>

Actually not completely forgotten ....

I googled him:

http://www.stargalaxy.com/sg_gallery.php?page=2&performer=1451&production=1389

R H Draney

Aug 1, 2013, 5:45:09 AM8/1/13
Steve Hayes filted:

>On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 01:40:35 -0500, "News" <m...@sb.net> wrote:
>>
>>"Steve Hayes" <haye...@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> There was also Fergus McLelland, of "Sammy going south".
>>
>> Not seen in the U.S.
>> Probably only seen in S. Africa. <g>
>
>Actually not completely forgotten ....
>
>I googled him:
>
>http://www.stargalaxy.com/sg_gallery.php?page=2&performer=1451&production=1389

I'm with Roy on this one...people have to have heard of you before you can
become forgotten....r

Brad Ferguson

Aug 1, 2013, 5:50:55 AM8/1/13
In article <i63kv8he34ugl6mue...@4ax.com>, Steve Hayes
<haye...@telkomsa.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 01:40:35 -0500, "News" <m...@sb.net> wrote:
>

> >"Steve Hayes" <haye...@telkomsa.net> wrote in message

> >> There was also Fergus McLelland, of "Sammy going south".
> >
> > Not seen in the U.S.
> > Probably only seen in S. Africa. <g>
>
> Actually not completely forgotten ....

No, he's not. "Sammy Going South" got a wide release in the U.S. under
the title "A Boy Ten Feet Tall." I remember being taken to see it.
Message has been deleted

Brad Ferguson

Aug 1, 2013, 10:43:34 AM8/1/13
In article <71lkv8tq144cikidq...@4ax.com>, Terry del
Fuego <t_del...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 05:50:55 -0400, Brad Ferguson
> <thir...@frXOXed.net> wrote:
>
> >"Sammy Going South" got a wide release in the U.S. under
> >the title "A Boy Ten Feet Tall."
>
> And with some major cuts.

You made me look. Ugh. Yes, there were. Worse, the original release
print is believed lost, according to the IMDb. The film originally
came in at just over three hours. The Brits cut it to a tick under 129
minutes, and made another minute's worth of cuts when the censors
insisted. Then the Brits whacked another nine minutes out of it for
its TV premiere on Christmas in 1970. That's the print circulating
today.

BTW Fergus McClelland is quoted in Wikipedia as having told the BBC
that Paramount (which cut the film by an additional 40 minutes so it
would fit on a double bill) retitled the film for the U.S. because
"[t]hey were very worried that white Americans would think it was about
a black boy called Sammy and wouldn't go to see the film."
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Steve Hayes

Aug 1, 2013, 12:31:12 PM8/1/13
On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 10:43:34 -0400, Brad Ferguson <thir...@frXOXed.net>
wrote:

>In article <71lkv8tq144cikidq...@4ax.com>, Terry del
>Fuego <t_del...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 05:50:55 -0400, Brad Ferguson
>> <thir...@frXOXed.net> wrote:
>>
>> >"Sammy Going South" got a wide release in the U.S. under
>> >the title "A Boy Ten Feet Tall."
>>
>> And with some major cuts.
>

>You made me look. Ugh. Yes, there were. Worse, the original release
>print is believed lost, according to the IMDb. The film originally
>came in at just over three hours. The Brits cut it to a tick under 129
>minutes, and made another minute's worth of cuts when the censors
>insisted. Then the Brits whacked another nine minutes out of it for
>its TV premiere on Christmas in 1970. That's the print circulating
>today.
>
>BTW Fergus McClelland is quoted in Wikipedia as having told the BBC
>that Paramount (which cut the film by an additional 40 minutes so it
>would fit on a double bill) retitled the film for the U.S. because
>"[t]hey were very worried that white Americans would think it was about
>a black boy called Sammy and wouldn't go to see the film."

And perhaps because it would go well with tiles like "Honey I shrunk the
kids".

Sarah Ehrett

Aug 1, 2013, 2:02:58 PM8/1/13
On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:01:31 -0500, "News" <m...@sb.net> wrote:

> I'm with R.H.
> Wish I could find out his first name.
> R.H. sounds so formal...
>
> Robert? Ralph? Rance? Randall? Raul? Reed? Reggie? Rex? Ringo? Robin?
>Rodney? Romeo? Ron/Ronald?

I like the double name RingoRobin then Harrison. :)

Michael OConnor

Aug 1, 2013, 6:42:09 PM8/1/13
Another forgotten child actor who made quite an impression in just one film role was Erzsebet Foldi, who played Roy Scheider's pre-teen daughter in All That Jazz. Dropped out of show business, but I thought she could act and sing and dance quite well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRVv2b-hL_0
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

R H Draney

Aug 2, 2013, 12:57:32 AM8/2/13
Michael OConnor filted:
Add Hatty Jones, the lead in the 1998 film "Madeline" and out of movies ever
since (she's done theatre, and a smidgen of TV the last year or so)...IMDb says
she lost the part of Hermione in the Harry Potter movies because the producers
thought she was too old....r

Louis Epstein

Aug 2, 2013, 8:46:22 AM8/2/13
Michael OConnor <mpoco...@aol.com> wrote:
> Another forgotten child actor who made quite an impression in just one film role was Erzsebet Foldi, who played Roy Scheider's pre-teen daughter in All That Jazz. Dropped out of show business, but I thought she could act and sing and dance quite well.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRVv2b-hL_0

I remember reading at the time that she attended NYC's Professional
Children's School.

-=-=-

Brad Ferguson

Aug 2, 2013, 10:36:15 AM8/2/13
In article <ktg9mt$i7i$3...@reader1.panix.com>, Louis Epstein
<l...@main.put.com> wrote:

> Michael OConnor <mpoco...@aol.com> wrote:
> > Another forgotten child actor who made quite an impression in just one film
> > role was Erzsebet Foldi, who played Roy Scheider's pre-teen daughter in All
> > That Jazz. Dropped out of show business, but I thought she could act and
> > sing and dance quite well.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRVv2b-hL_0
>
> I remember reading at the time that she attended NYC's Professional
> Children's School.

BTW Butch Patrick turned 60 today.
Message has been deleted

Sarah Ehrett

Aug 2, 2013, 3:01:30 PM8/2/13
On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 23:35:39 -0500, "News" <m...@sb.net> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>"Sarah Ehrett" <nine...@cox.net> wrote in message
> Harrison? Where did that come from with names beginning with 'R'?

R. H. Draney.

RingoRobin Harrison Draney. :)

> You still love George, don't ya?

For the young prince? Not especially.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

R H Draney

Aug 2, 2013, 7:12:56 PM8/2/13
News filted:

> I'm with R.H.
> Wish I could find out his first name.
> R.H. sounds so formal...
>
> Robert? Ralph? Rance? Randall? Raul? Reed? Reggie? Rex? Ringo? Robin?
>Rodney? Romeo? Ron/Ronald?

You know, I never had any intention of keeping it a secret, and in fact the
expansion of both initials has been done on other quite public newsgroups in the
past, but I'm now amused by the idea that it's some sort of mystery....

For what it's worth, I use the initials in "official" contexts (which include
signing up for things) because the names are the same as my father's, and I feel
that entitles him to use the full versions online if he's inclined to do so....r
Message has been deleted

R H Draney

Aug 3, 2013, 2:53:24 AM8/3/13
News filted:

>"R H Draney" <dado...@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> News filted:
>>>
>>> I'm with R.H.
>>> Wish I could find out his first name.
>>> R.H. sounds so formal...
>>>
>>> Robert? Ralph? Rance? Randall? Raul? Reed? Reggie? Rex? Ringo?
>>> Robin?
>>>Rodney? Romeo? Ron/Ronald?
>>
>> You know, I never had any intention of keeping it a secret,
>
> If you didn't intend to keep it a secret, you've failed miserabley.
><g>
> Come on, let it out on this ng so we can be better friends.

Heck with that noise, it's more fun this way...I'm getting kind of a kick about
the idea of being known as RingoRobin....r

Sarah Ehrett

Aug 3, 2013, 4:41:04 AM8/3/13
On 2 Aug 2013 23:53:24 -0700, R H Draney <dado...@spamcop.net> wrote:

>I'm getting kind of a kick about the idea of being known as RingoRobin....r

YES !! :)

Kris Baker

Aug 3, 2013, 1:16:39 PM8/3/13

> I'm with Roy on this one...people have to have heard of
> you before you can become forgotten....r

Yeppers.

And even if you had heard of them, it *was* just a job
they held. Kind of like trying to remember all your
'extremely forgotten' coworkers from jobs you held in
years past.

They don't remember us, either.

Kris

R H Draney

Aug 3, 2013, 2:21:50 PM8/3/13
Kris Baker filted:
Where was it I ran across a report from someone who had met Heshimu (the actor
who played Jason on "Room 222") years later and mentioned the show to him, and
his only response was along the lines of "that was a *long* time ago"....r
Message has been deleted

R H Draney

Aug 3, 2013, 11:50:22 PM8/3/13
News filted:

> I loved Room 222.
> Watched it every week, 1969-74.
> Still sad about the passing of Lloyd Haynes ('Pete Dixon') in 1986 at
>only 52.
> He won the "Television Teacher of the Year Award" in 1970 for his role.
> All the other main characters from that series are living, except for
>the sometimes-seen teacher 'Kenneth Dragen' (Ivor Francis--Genie's father,
>d. 1986, same year as Lloyd Haynes).

Bruno Kirby (died in 2006) played the recurring character Herbie Considine, a
Bilkoesque student...according to IMDb, it was his first role....r
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted