Jean Marie Novak, Accountant And Actress, 44

DGH

Oct 28, 2005, 10:33:50 AM10/28/05
.

Jean Marie Novak, an accountant for a New York City, New York,
restaurant who had small parts in several films, died of massive head
injuries October 22, 2005, after being struck by a New York City subway
train, at the age of 44.

She was standing on a subway platform in Manhattan when she leaned
forward and looked in the opposite direction of an oncoming train,
according to police reports. She was struck in the head and declared
dead at St. Vincent's Hospital in New York.

Ms. Novak was born in Landover Hills, Maryland. She graduated from
Elizabeth Seton Catholic High School in Bladensburg, Maryland, where
she excelled in drama and track and volunteered at St. Ann's Orphanage.
She graduated from the University of Maryland.

After college, Ms. Novak moved to California to study acting. She
appeared in several movies, including "Star Trek: The Next Generation"
(1987), "The Distinguished Gentleman" (1992) and "Calendar Girls"
(2003).

She moved to New York in 1998 to begin a career in accounting while
still working in film editing and video photography. She hosted and
produced a monthly cable television show for the past five years about
animal rescue. She also volunteered an animal shelter.

Survivors include her parents, Grace and Steve Novak of Lanham,
Maryland; three brothers, Nicholas Novak of Rockville, Maryland, Steven
Novak of Fairfax and James Novak of Burke, Maryland; and a sister,
Kristine Novak of Fairfax, Virginia.

Washington Post

Message has been deleted

DGH

Oct 28, 2005, 2:53:09 PM10/28/05
.

Apparently more common than people think.

----

Harry Krause Oct 28, 9:42 am

What a strange cause of death

sandy26

Oct 28, 2005, 3:48:40 PM10/28/05

I'm from New York and boarded many trains in the subway. Why on earth
would someone stick their neck over the platform? Makes no sense.

DGH

Oct 28, 2005, 4:23:25 PM10/28/05
.

Why do people do so many of the things that they do?

Laurie Mann

Oct 28, 2005, 6:14:32 PM10/28/05
Could have been a suicide or maybe she was deaf and didn't realize it?

Laurie Mann
Dead People Server
http://www.deadpeople.info

Hyfler/Rosner

Oct 28, 2005, 7:16:29 PM10/28/05

"Laurie Mann" <lau...@dpsinfo.com> wrote in message

> Could have been a suicide or maybe she was deaf and didn't
> realize it?

The newspaper articles in NYC don't say anything about her
looking the wrong way. They do say that she looked faint.
She was hit by the one of the last cars, not the first one.
The accident is hard to visualize.

And I always lean over and look for the train. I'll admit
it.

Message has been deleted

Hyfler/Rosner

Oct 29, 2005, 12:45:07 PM10/29/05

"Terry del Fuego" <t_del...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:16:29 -0400, "Hyfler/Rosner"
> <rel...@rcn.com>

> wrote:
>
>>And I always lean over and look for the train. I'll admit
>>it.
>
> In San Francisco I lean over and look at the tracks
> because sometimes
> you can see mice.

Mice? Mice? How fucking quaint.

We got the big boys,