somebody please take this necronomicon away

Irannon

May 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/6/98

ever since I found this crumbling relic of a book in that tomb in Iraq, I've
noticed that certain things just aren't right anymore. when my inspection team
entered the cave complex on the outskirts of Tikrit, we found no traces of Scud
parts or anthrax, only a rotten bundle of rags enclosing a solid fossil of
yellowed chrysalis material that I stowed away in my backpack for later
examination. it was only after soaking away this crust weeks later in my South
Dakota lab that I realized there was actually a tome within, and when I
decyphered the words, "This is not dead which can eternal lie," I realized what
I had found. Ah, but if only I had not. For I could not resist the lure of
summoning Nyogtha, and although it was a fairly simple matter to drive him off
once he had manifested himself and begun breaking away from my control, (I used
a simple ankh,) now I am faced with a new problem. Apparently this book is much
more sought after than I guessed, for now my home is surrounded by people who
seem to be in various stages of post-mortem decay, all clamouring to enter
through windows and doors which they do not hestitate to break and smash in
their efforts to gain entry. what shall I do? certainly I will not stoop to
calling in the common secular authorities...I would actually prefer the company
of one of these ghouls to the mindless republican claptrap of the newtite
drones who inhabit the stations in these parts. it is only by accessing the
internet, and seeking the assistance of those familiar with the workings of the
necronomicon, that my hopes for succor lie...

Prof_Fate

HK

May 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/6/98

Irannon wrote:

Fiction. Right?

~HK~

John Cassimatis

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

The only possible solution would be arm yourself to the teeth and get to
work

Dave the Hobbit

May 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/8/98

HK wrote:

> Fiction. Right?
>
> ~HK~

No.

This sort of thing is all too common these days. I blame the new hard
line on welfare for driving driving the vitally challenged onto the
streets instead of leaving them in State run graveyards

Dave

--
"WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO?"
"THAT ENDS CIVILISATION AS WE KNOW IT OĞIN."

HK

May 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/8/98

Dave the Hobbit wrote:

> HK wrote:
>
> > Fiction. Right?
> >
> > ~HK~
>
> No.
>
> This sort of thing is all too common these days. I blame the new hard
> line on welfare for driving driving the vitally challenged onto the
> streets instead of leaving them in State run graveyards
>
> Dave

*rollingonthefloorlaughingmyassoff*

~HK~