New album!

jdk...@sprynet.com

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

Based on an interview with Flans, I've got the following info:
1. The new album is currently going to be call "At Large in New York"
2. Flans will be getting married.
3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.

Bill Smood

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

jdk...@sprynet.com wrote:
>Based on an interview with Flans, I've got the following info:
>3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.

WHAT?????????????????? Oh please God tell me this man is joking.

Alan Cordle

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96
WHAT's THAT HOOTIE DOING HERE?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

APRIL IS THE FIRST ANNUAL NATIONAL POETRY MONTH -- READ A BOOK OF CONTEMPORARY POETRY

The Poets in Person Home Page features A. R. Ammons, Rita Dove, James Merrill, Sharon Olds, Gary Soto, John Ashbery, Gwendolyn Brooks, Allen Ginsberg, Maxine Kumin, W. S. Merwin, Adrienne Rich, Karl Shapiro, and Charles Wright.

http://www.wilmington.net/arts/poets/

Darryl Suskin

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

On 29 Apr 1996 jdk...@sprynet.com wrote:

> Based on an interview with Flans, I've got the following info:

> 1. The new album is currently going to be call "At Large in New York"
> 2. Flans will be getting married.

> 3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.

I hope that the third thing is a joke. If not, then getting tickets will
be a pain in the ass and I would have to leave early.

-Darryl-
sus...@students.uiuc.edu O- http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/suskin
(Look for the new cheese contest)

Rob Gauthier

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

jdk...@sprynet.com wrote:

>Based on an interview with Flans, I've got the following info:
>1. The new album is currently going to be call "At Large in New York"
>2. Flans will be getting married.
>3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.

Ew. Yuck gross ick nonononononnonno

And I halfway like Hootie... <dodges angry mob>

--Particle

Dan Nordquist

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

In article <Pine.Sola.3.91.96050...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu>, Darryl Suskin <sus...@students.uiuc.edu> writes:

> On 29 Apr 1996 jdk...@sprynet.com wrote:
>
>> Based on an interview with Flans, I've got the following info:
>> 1. The new album is currently going to be call "At Large in New York"
>> 2. Flans will be getting married.
>> 3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.

> I hope that the third thing is a joke. If not, then getting tickets will

> be a pain in the ass and I would have to leave early.

I'm sure all three are jokes. Flans always makes stuff like this up when
they're working on a new album. From the Supercharged Freaksicle companion
vinyl "Suck" to the comment July '94 that they would be coming out with a new
album on the "You've Been Dropped" label, to the insistent comment that the
pink album is "our brand new first record", he's always making stuff up. He
likes to kid around with interviewers and crowds, and they love to treat it
as if he's the gospel. (The album title is an obvious play on "Live in New
York", their last "album" (which I guess they aren't happy with the execution
or distribution of), and they wouldn't open for Hootie (different labels,
different musical concepts) and Hootie wouldn't want them to open for them.
As far as the wedding....?)

* Dan Nordquist * Nordquist Website Design *
* http://www.math.macalstr.edu/~dnordqui/ * http://www.he.net/~nwd *

Justin Storch

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

> > 3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.
>
> I hope that the third thing is a joke. If not, then getting tickets will
> be a pain in the ass and I would have to leave early.
>
> -Darryl-

I don't think I could even get myself to go. Talk about a crappy audience...

Keri Maijala

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

Bill Smood (kjlu...@students.wisc.edu) wrote:
: >3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.
: WHAT?????????????????? Oh please God tell me this man is joking.

I had this reaction to #2...

Keri

Darryl Suskin

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Justin Storch wrote:

> > > 3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.
> >

> > I hope that the third thing is a joke. If not, then getting tickets will
> > be a pain in the ass and I would have to leave early.
> >
> > -Darryl-
>
> I don't think I could even get myself to go. Talk about a crappy audience...

What would be funny is if the entire crowd were TMBG fans, and everyone
left after that, and poor ol' hootie and the blowfish would have to play
by themselves.

-Darryl-
sus...@students.uiuc.edu O- http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/suskin
(Look for the new cheese contest)

"There is no time for metaphors cried the little pill to me. He said, 'Life
is a placebo masquerading as a simile.'" -They Might Be Giants-

Justin Storch

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

> What would be funny is if the entire crowd were TMBG fans, and everyone
> left after that, and poor ol' hootie and the blowfish would have to play
> by themselves.

That would be funny, but that's quite unlikely.

Charles Werner

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

In <4m3eh6$j...@juliana.sprynet.com> jdk...@sprynet.com writes:

>Based on an interview with Flans, I've got the following info:
>1. The new album is currently going to be call "At Large in New York"
>2. Flans will be getting married.
>3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.

Ewwww,
Opening? The mere thought of TMBG "opening" for anyone gives me the
willies... EEP!
Timebomb

fox ryan c

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

Justin Storch (j-st...@students.uiuc.edu) wrote:
: > What would be funny is if the entire crowd were TMBG fans, and everyone

: > left after that, and poor ol' hootie and the blowfish would have to play
: > by themselves.

: That would be funny, but that's quite unlikely.

Oh, come on! Let Darryl have his Utopian dream! If we had a world where
all crowds were like that, who knows? Maybe World Pease would be next.

--
ryan
________________

Friends help you move, good friends help you move bodies. - someone

Why do bad things happen to good cartoons? - Bob 'n' Dave
________________

email: r-...@students.uiuc.edu rf...@titan.imsa.edu
url: http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/r-fox
talk: ry...@arh0251.urh.uiuc.edu r-...@students.uiuc.edu

Justin Storch

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

> : That would be funny, but that's quite unlikely.
>
> Oh, come on! Let Darryl have his Utopian dream! If we had a world where
> all crowds were like that, who knows? Maybe World Pease would be next.

OK, Daryll, you can dream.

Darryl Suskin

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

> OK, Darryl, you can dream.

Thanks,
Now If I can only get a C on my Calculus and chemistry finals...

BriRob

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

Just a quick question: Where is this interview? I would like to read it.

Just a guy made of dots and lines,
brirob

Sandra J Smith

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

1.26306...@ux5.cso.uiuc.edu> <4mb4ha$l...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>
<Pine.Sola.3.91.96050...@ux5.cso.uiuc.edu>:
Justin Storch (j-st...@students.uiuc.edu) wrote:
: > : That would be funny, but that's quite unlikely.
: >
: > Oh, come on! Let Darryl have his Utopian dream! If we had a world where
: > all crowds were like that, who knows? Maybe World Pease would be next.
:

: OK, Daryll, you can dream.

Hey why not? The Fugees opened for Coolio a few weeks ago at Smith
college and about 65% of the audience left after the Fugees. Coolio was
a one hit wonder, as is Hootie.
Sandy

Justin Storch

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

> college and about 65% of the audience left after the Fugees. Coolio was
> a one hit wonder, as is Hootie.

Yes, but although I'm not so big on Coolio, I at least recognize that
he's not so bad and fairly innovative. Hootie just plain sucks.

M8bgiants

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

If Coolio's a one-hit-wonder, he's about 4 hits past now....5 top 10 hits
at last count. He's actually one of the few really popular artists around
with any real talent, give him a break!

Charles Werner

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

In <Pine.Sola.3.91.96050...@ux5.cso.uiuc.edu> Justin

Sorry, Coolio is just another rapper. Hootie does have a nice sound
and some good talent. But, there is a time for Hootie and a time for
TMBG, and they are seperate.
Timebomb

Stuart Johnson

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

Once, jdk...@sprynet.com said the following 99 44/100% true statement:

>3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unsolicited commercial E-mail will be proofread and checked for
spelling and grammar for a fee of $500 per kilobyte, including
header. Sending constitutes acceptance to these terms.

Kelly Mead

May 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/6/96

How far out can we go...lalalalala

Damian Glenny

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96

jdk...@sprynet.com wrote:
: Based on an interview with Flans, I've got the following info:
: 1. The new album is currently going to be call "At Large in New York"
: 2. Flans will be getting married.
: 3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.

When will it be released in New Zealand? Any idea?

-damian

Stompboxx

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96

>When will it be released in New Zealand? Any idea?

>-damian

I've heard through the grapevine that it will be released in a JH tour
edition style, with an additional disc called "live with Hootie". The
songs included on the live disc will be:
1. Hold my hand
2. The other song that sounds like Hold My Hand
3. That first single (It sounds like Hold My Hand)
4. the song that sounds like Hold my Hand off Fairweather Johnson
5. That song that Edwin McCain does (the one that sounds like Hold My
Hand)
and
6. particle man (if Jared is still here, he'l get it)

Of course that's just specualtion based on a non-reliable source :)

I was kidding, all.... I have no real idea, but I'd assume it'd be a simul
release
Phil
cyber-kidding ,he actually likes cyber H&the BF...a little :)

Josh Nichols-Barrer

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96

Alan Cordle wrote:

> Bill Smood <kjlu...@students.wisc.edu> wrote:
> >jdk...@sprynet.com wrote:
> >>Based on an interview with Flans, I've got the following info:

I heard that too. I friggen sucks!!!! I've seen TMBG in concert twice
and now their next tour will blow. BTW, can you mail order a tmbg
t-shirt?

Joshua Hall-Bachner

May 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/13/96

dnord...@macalstr.edu (Dan Nordquist) wrote:

>> On 29 Apr 1996 jdk...@sprynet.com wrote:
>>
>>> Based on an interview with Flans, I've got the following info:

>>> 1. The new album is currently going to be call "At Large in New York"
>>> 2. Flans will be getting married.
>>> 3. They will be opening for Hootie and the Blowfish.

>> I hope that the third thing is a joke. If not, then getting tickets will

>> be a pain in the ass and I would have to leave early.

>and they wouldn't open for Hootie (different labels,

They're both part of Warner. No problem there.

>different musical concepts) and Hootie wouldn't want them to open for them.

Actually, it was Hootie's idea...at least Darius has good taste in
music. TMBG turned them down, though.

>As far as the wedding....?)

> * Dan Nordquist * Nordquist Website Design *
> * http://www.math.macalstr.edu/~dnordqui/ * http://www.he.net/~nwd *

/ part...@servtech.com /
/ "I spend too much time raiding windmills, We go side by side, laugh until /
/ it's right. There's something that you won't show, waiting where the light /
/ goes. And maybe anywhere the wind blows, it's all worth waiting for." /
//////////////////////////////////-- Toad The Wet Sprocket,"Windmills"//////////