Skaturday Playlist (was Re: fishbone on mtv)

Jr. Aquabat

Jul 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/15/97

Here's the list of videos they played:

Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Someday I Suppose"
Reel Big Fish - "Sellout"
Madness - "One Step Beyond"
Stubborn All-Stars - "Tin Spam"
No Doubt - "Spiderwebs" (great ska song, almost as great as Beck)
Goldfinger - "Here in Your Bedroom"
Fishbone - "Party at Ground Zero"
The Toasters - "2-Tone Army"
Schleprock - "Suburbia" (yep, they're totally a ska band)
Rancid - "Timebomb"
The Specials - "Rudy, A Message to You"
Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "The Impression That I Get"
The Untouchables - "Free Yourself"
Suicide Machines - "No Face"
Stubborn All-Stars - "Tin Spam" (sure they'll just play it twice)
Madness - "House of Fun"
No Doubt - "Sunday Morning" (If this song isn't ska, I don't know what is)

> ixnews11.ix.netcom.com>,gli...@ix.netcom.com(The Hawk) wrote:
>Leigh,
>
>No the first vid EVER on MTV. He was asking about the first vid on the
>MTV Skaturday. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer to your
>question. I did hear that they played "Party At Ground Zero," though."
>Actually, not that you really care, but I saw "It's a Wonderful Life"
>last night. Not on MTV, but on the "Past and Present" home video.
>
>Peas,
>
>"'cause I'm broke down and bankrupt!"

sad...@crl.com

Jul 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/16/97

On 15 Jul 1997 06:19:44 GMT, Jr. Aquabat <rena...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Here's the list of videos they played:
>
>Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Someday I Suppose"
>Reel Big Fish - "Sellout"
>Madness - "One Step Beyond"
>Stubborn All-Stars - "Tin Spam"
>No Doubt - "Spiderwebs" (great ska song, almost as great as Beck)
>Goldfinger - "Here in Your Bedroom"
>Fishbone - "Party at Ground Zero"
>The Toasters - "2-Tone Army"
>Schleprock - "Suburbia" (yep, they're totally a ska band)
>Rancid - "Timebomb"
>The Specials - "Rudy, A Message to You"
>Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "The Impression That I Get"
>The Untouchables - "Free Yourself"
>Suicide Machines - "No Face"
>Stubborn All-Stars - "Tin Spam" (sure they'll just play it twice)
>Madness - "House of Fun"
>No Doubt - "Sunday Morning" (If this song isn't ska, I don't know what is)

I dont remember them playing tin spam twice! I dunno, I could be
wrong, I'll check my tape. It was nice to see all the 2nd wave ska
band videos though....

Abigail Wings

Jul 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/21/97

Is this supposed to air again... ever?

Abby M.

woo...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2014, 6:53:56 PM3/29/14
On Monday, July 21, 1997 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Abigail Wings wrote:
> Is this supposed to air again... ever?
>

> Abby M.

Prob soon.