about the james lavelle story (some days ago)

EasternStar

Jul 14, 2001, 1:29:47 PM7/14/01
hy

a few days ago , there was a short message about a scanned pic , ther u
could read something about a cd from james lavelle . if u remembered , there
was "souvenirs" (prodigy feat. 3d) on tracklist .

so i asked bbq about this one and sent them a copy of the scanned pic.

now they checked the stuff. the notice dont mean james lavelle only . no
!!!!

all the track in the bottom of thew side are seperate singles or test
pressing's . the test's are signed with "actetate" .
bbq told me , that this one are made for maximum 10 pieces and were given to
some dj's for testing .

no the question (i ask bbq the same now) . is the new songtitle of the track
, that we "know" as "no souvenirs" - "souvenirs" ?

maybe or not ? ..... who knows it ? i am not , but i asked the people who
should know it . if i know more details - i will write it on the same
position.

cYa

Prodigal One

Jul 14, 2001, 1:51:38 PM7/14/01

I may speak for many when i say....What?

blonde b-list TV presenter

Jul 14, 2001, 5:11:15 PM7/14/01
: a few days ago , there was a short message about a scanned pic ,
in this newsgroup?

:ther u

: could read something about a cd from james lavelle .

which CD?

with all due respect (really) , can I ask what country you're from?

the shiz

blonde b-list TV presenter

Jul 14, 2001, 5:21:40 PM7/14/01

: I may speak for many when i say....What?

I think, and this is about 99% hypothesis, that James Lavelle has been
issued and has been playing a promo DJ record of sorts that has a track
called 'souvenirs' by 3d and the prodigy..... there was a scan of it
somewhere that I never saw... although there was something about Lavelle
and/or UNKLE remixing the song, so maybe it's his own acetate pressings of
his mix. or something. and EasternStar asked Beggars Banquet if a)it was
real and b)if it's going to be called Souvenirs instead..... and we now
await the answer.... i think, or something similar.
sorry if I really muddled that up.

the shiz.

EasternStar

Jul 15, 2001, 2:53:10 PM7/15/01
hy blonde b-list

i think u r new here .... anyway ..... listen , i am from germany and i have
good connetions to bbq (bureau in hamburg) . a few days ago (1 or 2 weeks)
there was a short message in ampt about this pic - find it here ...
http://www.prodigy-net.de/html/relax50.html

on bottom of this pic u can find a remix of a track called "souvenirs" from
prodigy feat 3d.

bbq (this stand for beggars group) told me , that this all is absolutly no
fake .

acetate - (stand behind the track) stands for a test pressing . its no real
single , not made with vinyl . the material is acetate . the difference
between acetate and vinyl is - u can play acetate only 20 times....
so the acetate-"singles" are made for maximum 10 pieces and were given to a
few of dj's ......

cYa

industry

Jul 16, 2001, 1:01:44 PM7/16/01
nah, I just felt like switching up names for a while.

I do know what bbq and acetate are. I just don't remember ever seeing the
pic and the way you worded it was bit confusing, but I get you. So the song
IS called Souvenirs and there's an official UNKLE mix? I like the name 'no
souvenirs' better.

the shizit

will chuMp

Jul 16, 2001, 2:37:15 PM7/16/01

maybe the 2001(2/3/4?) remix is the called souvenirs as no/one man
army was...

EasternStar

Jul 17, 2001, 12:46:01 PM7/17/01

industry schrieb in Nachricht <3b532...@news2.cwnet.com>...

>nah, I just felt like switching up names for a while.
>
>I do know what bbq and acetate are.

bbq stands for beggars group --- see for more infos on www.beggars.com

acetate - is another material like vinyl ....

I just don't remember ever seeing the
>pic and the way you worded it was bit confusing, but I get you. So the song
>IS called Souvenirs and there's an official UNKLE mix? I like the name 'no
>souvenirs' better.

i think "no souvenirs" sound better , too . i asked at bbq , about the
situation . some people there and at xl-recordings are believing , that
"souvenirs" or "no souvenirs" wont be released ever as a single . i asked
now , that should be , that we will get the single now . but it seems to be
, that "no souvenirs" / "souvenirs" will not release as single . bbq told me
, that basement jaxx all songs from theil current album released as
acetate-"single" .

cYa

industry

Jul 17, 2001, 5:46:21 PM7/17/01

: >I do know what bbq and acetate are.

: : bbq stands for beggars group --- see for more infos on www.beggars.com
: : acetate - is another material like vinyl ....

okay, I know, I was just explaining that I already know what Beggars Banquet
and actetate are, but thank you. it's fine.

:I like the name 'no

: >souvenirs' better.
:
: i think "no souvenirs" sound better , too . i asked at bbq , about the
: situation . some people there and at xl-recordings are believing , that
: "souvenirs" or "no souvenirs" wont be released ever as a single . i asked
: now , that should be , that we will get the single now . but it seems to
be
: , that "no souvenirs" / "souvenirs" will not release as single . bbq told
me
: , that basement jaxx all songs from theil current album released as
: acetate-"single" .

thank you for all of them words.

the shizit

"sticking chicken feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken." -Tyler
Durden