Leeroy and Liam Collaborate

SpecialK

Jan 9, 2001, 3:40:49 AM1/9/01
Found this on bbc.co.uk under dance while searching for news on what Liam is
up to musically..I think i searched just 'Liam Howlett' and this came up.
Interesting info though. Dont know if it's been mentioned here yet.

"Leeroy Thornhill has hooked up with Prodigy pal Liam Howlett on his new
solo album, 'Beyond All Reasonable Doubt'. Although the ex- dancer has made
a chill-out album, he says he couldn't resist cooking up some beats with
Howlett. "

Kotta

Jan 9, 2001, 3:22:02 PM1/9/01
SpecialK wrote...

Cool!
Then there's perhaps hope for at least a few dance oriented tracks on
Leeroy's upcoming album.

--
kotta[at]home.se
http://kotta.abso.net -> Prodigy Site

Prodigy Ant

Jan 9, 2001, 3:34:07 PM1/9/01

"SpecialK" <xju...@home.com> wrote in message

this makes since

SpecialK

Jan 9, 2001, 6:39:29 PM1/9/01
Heh yea..seriously. I think the only track i didn't really mind from Leeroy
was The Smoker. I think that's the one. I dont know if all these Liam
collaborations are good though. I mean would you want people buying your
album because of someone else? (ie. people knowing liam wrote some beats on
it)

"Kotta" <ko...@ATEMYHAMSTERhome.se> wrote in message

industry

Jan 9, 2001, 7:19:26 PM1/9/01
Although the ex- dancer has
> made
> > a chill-out album, he says he couldn't resist cooking up some beats with
> > Howlett. "
>
> Cool!
> Then there's perhaps hope for at least a few dance oriented tracks on
> Leeroy's upcoming album.

Ah, you never know. Maybe chill-out and Liam Howlett isn't really a
contradiction.
It's disregarded sometimes how adept Liam is at hip-hop, and he's
capable of more than manic headrock beats. It could surprise us, like doing
something that fits with the rest of Leeroy's record rather than sticking
out like 'oh this track has a real buzz cos that's his Prodigy mate on
there...'

indo

"wwhhheeeaaaoooww..." -Flat Eric

dimf...@my-deja.com

Jan 10, 2001, 5:19:06 AM1/10/01

> "Leeroy Thornhill has hooked up with Prodigy pal Liam Howlett on his
new
> solo album, 'Beyond All Reasonable Doubt'. Although the ex- dancer
has made
> a chill-out album, he says he couldn't resist cooking up some beats
with
> Howlett. "

Now this should be a really interesting collaboration, god knows where
this one is going to go, any of the stuff ive heard from leeroy
(longman,flightcrank) have all been very different to the prodge vibe
and who knows where liam is musically at the moment.

Lets hope it doesn’t turn out like scheming did on hells kitchen, what
a god-awful song.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Peter Thomas

Jan 10, 2001, 2:07:12 PM1/10/01
On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:19:06 GMT, dimf...@my-deja.com wrote:

>Lets hope it doesn’t turn out like scheming did on hells kitchen, what
>a god-awful song.

I thought it was very kind of Mel B to contribute her vocals to it ;-)

--
| The largest Prodigy news service | pete @
| PN NEWS - Quality assured! | prodigy-nexus . com
| Over 1,100 Prodigy fans reading! | ICQ# 6692412

http://www.prodigy-nexus.com

"why? whats wrong with honesty?" - Neko, unaware of her own lies.

Magic_Alex

Jan 10, 2001, 5:09:06 PM1/10/01

dimf...@my-deja.com wrote in message <93hcum$dkp$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>Lets hope it doesn’t turn out like scheming did on hells kitchen, what
>a god-awful song.

i actually thought it was one of the most interesting things on that record!

best of a bad bunch to be honest........

;]

dimf...@my-deja.com

Jan 11, 2001, 7:37:17 AM1/11/01
In article <93imc3$u40$1...@dorito.esatclear.ie>,
It just sounded too god damn polished, nothing raw at all

SP

Jan 11, 2001, 12:47:03 PM1/11/01
<dimf...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:93k9dt$t2o$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> It just sounded too god damn polished, nothing raw at all

Hadrian's Wall was pretty raw - I don't know about any of the hip hop tracks
on the album, though.