Freakjuice and Time news

Rhastus69

Dec 1, 2002, 4:45:22 PM12/1/02
Hi Folks
I recently talked to Tori. He told me that he finished filming some live stuff
for a Freakjuice DVD and now he is in the editing process.

Unfortunatily the long awaited Time studio album is still in never neverland,
BUT Morris has turn his attention to putting together a Live album. Hopefully
it will actually see the light of day.

Rhastus- Girl my cars so bad it runs on H2O

Rudedog

Dec 1, 2002, 5:57:09 PM12/1/02
Whats the hold up with the new album? Is Prince making them wait for
something?

"Rhastus69" <rhas...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ernest Experience Radio Show

Dec 1, 2002, 7:01:51 PM12/1/02
The Time recording a new record has nothing to do with Prince actually.

--
Happy Holidays!

Peace,

Ernest L Sewell, IV
Borta bra men hemma bäst.
The Ernest Experience Radio ShowT Episode 209 is now playing on Live365.com.
From December 1st until the 15th the regular show will be playing as usual.
Then a great mix of ONLY holiday music will play from the 15th until the end
of the month.
Enjoy. Also NEW: Uptown Radio! Check out The Ernest Experience Online @
www.TheErnestExperience.net
The wish list is back in full effect, and has been totally updated! Show
the love people!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/registry/1BFW7ATOW4P46/102-8700909-4765754
AIM, Yahoo! ID's: ErnestSewell
MSN: ernest...@hotmail.com
ICQ: 116434445 or 44656218

"Rudedog" <rud...@evilpeople.com.whimp> wrote in message

JSOUL99

Dec 1, 2002, 7:20:07 PM12/1/02
>ubject: Re: Freakjuice and Time news
>From: "Rudedog" rud...@evilpeople.com.whimp
>Date: 12/1/2002 5:57 PM Eastern Standard Time

>Whats the hold up with the new album? Is Prince making them wait for
>something?
>
>"Rhastus69" <rhas...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Folks
>> I recently talked to Tori. He told me that he finished filming some live
>stuff
>> for a Freakjuice DVD and now he is in the editing process.
>>
>> Unfortunatily the long awaited Time studio album is still in never
>neverland,
>> BUT Morris has turn his attention to putting together a Live album.
>Hopefully
>> it will actually see the light of da

wasent the album called old dogs new tricks

Get Wild

Dec 2, 2002, 2:16:22 AM12/2/02
Ernest Experience Radio Show <eers...@nycap.rr.WHAMBAM.com> wrote:
> The Time recording a new record has nothing to do with Prince
> actually.

You're sure??
According to various members "Old Dogs, New Tricks" is finished
for 2-3 years but never see the light of a day.

Is it because they have no contract with a record company?
I didn't think so, because it's no problem to release it on an
independent label (see Monte).
On the other hand I'm sure they will easily find a company.

Is it because they're not interested in releasing new music?
LOL! Sorry, dumb question ;-))

It it because someone holds copyright(s) - maybe on the name?
Possible reason. What was the guys name that created the band??

Whatever, I think there must be a good (but previous unknown)
reason that stops a new album for years now and I didn't like
it (the reason). It's a pity...

Peace & Get Wild

--
What time is it? No matter, it's time to visit
the unofficial home of Morris Day & The Time

Ernest Experience Radio Show

Ernest Experience Radio Show

Dec 2, 2002, 9:36:17 AM12/2/02
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=e2723de0a5
2e4f6f&seekm=OTov9.35775%24c51.10290648%40twister.nyroc.rr.com#link3 This
one is a bit shorter link to the same thing

--
Happy Holidays!

Peace,

Ernest L Sewell, IV
Borta bra men hemma bäst.
The Ernest Experience Radio ShowT Episode 209 is now playing on Live365.com.
From December 1st until the 15th the regular show will be playing as usual.
Then a great mix of ONLY holiday music will play from the 15th until the end
of the month.
Enjoy. Also NEW: Uptown Radio! Check out The Ernest Experience Online @
www.TheErnestExperience.net
The wish list is back in full effect, and has been totally updated! Show
the love people!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/registry/1BFW7ATOW4P46/102-8700909-4765754
AIM, Yahoo! ID's: ErnestSewell
MSN: ernest...@hotmail.com
ICQ: 116434445 or 44656218

"Ernest Experience Radio Show" <eers...@nycap.rr.WHAMBAM.com> wrote in
message news:EaKG9.135855$Em.40...@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

Rhastus69

Dec 4, 2002, 3:22:55 PM12/4/02
>From: "Ernest Experience Radio Show"

>The Time recording a new record has nothing to do with Prince actually.

actually it does

Bart Van Hemelen

Dec 4, 2002, 8:51:34 PM12/4/02
In the dim and distant past on 04 Dec 2002 20:22:55 GMT, it was
rumoured that rhas...@aol.com (Rhastus69) spake thus on the subject
of "Re: Freakjuice and Time news" in alt.music.prince:

>>The Time recording a new record has nothing to do with Prince actually.
>
>actually it does

See Ernie? Told you so.

--
Bart Van Hemelen
http://pr1nc3.com/BVH/

TORI PAGAC

Dec 4, 2002, 9:39:45 PM12/4/02
doesent prince own the time name or something?>e Time recording a new record

has nothing to do with Prince actually.

>>actually it does

"im no ones wife and im not your little girl" joan jett
http://members.tripod.com/~magik88285/index.html
my marvel females links site

The Ur-Vile

Dec 5, 2002, 12:02:54 AM12/5/02
rhas...@aol.com (Rhastus69) wrote in message news:<20021204152255...@mb-fu.aol.com>...

> >From: "Ernest Experience Radio Show"
>
> >The Time recording a new record has nothing to do with Prince actually.
>
> actually it does

So I take it they can't release an album as "The Time" w/o Prince's
say so? How in the hell can he own a band name? That's an
interesting question, when someone like Prince does a side project
performed by another band, he owns the band's namesake indefinately?

They should just record as um... Morris Day & da timmy times!

Ernest Experience Radio Show

Dec 5, 2002, 1:27:19 AM12/5/02
Hey Bert, Monte told me differently. Gosh, I guess you know more than him,
right?

Even talking to Fink today, he couldn't believe The Time hasn't had an album
since 1990. He gave a good reason why as well.

--
Happy Holidays!

Peace,

Ernest L Sewell, IV
Borta bra men hemma bäst.
The Ernest Experience Radio ShowT Episode 209 is now playing on Live365.com.
From December 1st until the 15th the regular show will be playing as usual.
Then a great mix of ONLY holiday music will play from the 15th until the end
of the month.
Enjoy. Also NEW: Uptown Radio! Check out The Ernest Experience Online @
www.TheErnestExperience.net
The wish list is back in full effect, and has been totally updated! Show
the love people!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/registry/1BFW7ATOW4P46/102-8700909-4765754
AIM, Yahoo! ID's: ErnestSewell
MSN: ernest...@hotmail.com
ICQ: 116434445 or 44656218

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenthousa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Rhastus69

Dec 5, 2002, 11:21:23 AM12/5/02
>From: "Ernest Experience Radio Show"

>Hey Bert, Monte told me differently. Gosh, I guess you know more than him,
>right?

Hi Ernest
Obviously Monte is going to know more than either one of us, but he's such a
nice guy I doubt he would talk bad about prince. As he probably told you there
are a ton of reasons why the time haven't released a new album.

The big thing that I was told was that Prince, terry Lewis and Morris need to
check their egos and get this thing released. thats the three names that were
brought up as holding up the release.

I had heard previously from somebody else in the Time that terry was sitting on
it and he wanted it out out at the "right" time so it would be a hit.

What's the prince connection aside from the above statement and him playing
guitar on atleast one track I don't know, but he is in the mix to some extent

leeharrisonline.com

Dec 5, 2002, 1:19:31 PM12/5/02
>So I take it they can't release an album as "The Time" w/o Prince's
>say so? How in the hell can he own a band name? That's an
>interesting question, when someone like Prince does a side project
>performed by another band, he owns the band's namesake indefinately?
>
>They should just record as um... Morris Day & da timmy times!

The story goes like this

prince gets a record deal with WB, released 2 albums.

He fulfills a promise to his high school band mates from Grand Central and
Flyte Tyme and gets some of them a record deal as "The Time."

Prince apparently records all the music and vocals on the first album, and
Morris simply comes in and replaces Prince's lead vocals-so originally The Time
WAS Prince.

When the actual band was assembled, however, it became apparent that they could
function quite nicely without Prince's involvement, and therein lies the rub.

lee
http://www.leeharrisonline.com

"Huh?"-Lee Harris, Ft Worth Weekly

Bart Van Hemelen

Dec 5, 2002, 8:19:25 PM12/5/02
In the dim and distant past on 05 Dec 2002 16:21:23 GMT, it was

rumoured that rhas...@aol.com (Rhastus69) spake thus on the subject
of "Re: Freakjuice and Time news" in alt.music.prince:

>Obviously Monte is going to know more than either one of us, but he's such a

>nice guy I doubt he would talk bad about prince.

Bingo. Not to mention that badmouthing Prince ain't gonna help
speeding things along. Then again, maybe they should realise that it
is kinda hopeless and simply dish the dirt.

>The big thing that I was told was that Prince, terry Lewis and Morris need to
>check their egos and get this thing released. thats the three names that were
>brought up as holding up the release.
>
>I had heard previously from somebody else in the Time that terry was sitting on
>it and he wanted it out out at the "right" time so it would be a hit.
>
>What's the prince connection aside from the above statement and him playing
>guitar on atleast one track I don't know, but he is in the mix to some extent

I've heard from a guy who wanted to release a Time compilation some
years ago and runnng into a brick wall wwhen it came to Prince. Seemed
he owns some of the important stuff, including the name.

Bart Van Hemelen

Dec 5, 2002, 8:22:16 PM12/5/02
In the dim and distant past on 4 Dec 2002 21:02:54 -0800, it was
rumoured that urv...@hotmail.com (The Ur-Vile) spake thus on the

subject of "Re: Freakjuice and Time news" in alt.music.prince:

>So I take it they can't release an album as "The Time" w/o Prince's

>say so? How in the hell can he own a band name?

By registering it? I know that there are plenty of groups who
discovered that they don't own the name of the band when they reformed
ages later.

>That's an
>interesting question, when someone like Prince does a side project
>performed by another band, he owns the band's namesake indefinately?

Could be in some cases. I can imagine him sneaking behind their backs
and registering the name to keep some control over them.

Ernest Experience Radio Show

Dec 5, 2002, 11:27:20 PM12/5/02
The checking egos thing might actually translate into something very generic
that Monte said during my interview w/ him. I think in the past I had
posted a more lengthy synopsis of what he said in the interview, if anyone
wishes to re-read it.

I agree he's in the mix to a point, but I think on the last album he wasn't
as involved as he had been before. A lot of the songs were his, but Monte
even said that they all chose to have Prince more involved in the regard of
going to Paisley Park and asking for stuff. Prince said "take what you
want." Hence, them finally doing "Chocolate", etc.

I really wonder what any of their relationship w/ Prince is at this point
though. No one's really talked to Jesse in a while. I think Bean talks to
him more than anyone, and even that's rare. Overall, despite whatever
dynamics are playing, it's sad that they have nothing out. I mean the most
we've seen is "Murph Drag" from one of the NPGMC audio shows. And that had
already been booted long before last year.

P.S. Did you ever get to listen to the whole interview w/ Monte? I can get
ya one if you wish.

--
Happy Holidays!

Peace,

Ernest L Sewell, IV
Borta bra men hemma bäst.
The Ernest Experience Radio ShowT Episode 209 is now playing on Live365.com.
From December 1st until the 15th the regular show will be playing as usual.
Then a great mix of ONLY holiday music will play from the 15th until the end
of the month.
Enjoy. Also NEW: Uptown Radio! Check out The Ernest Experience Online @
www.TheErnestExperience.net
The wish list is back in full effect, and has been totally updated! Show
the love people!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/registry/1BFW7ATOW4P46/102-8700909-4765754
AIM, Yahoo! ID's: ErnestSewell
MSN: ernest...@hotmail.com
ICQ: 116434445 or 44656218

"Rhastus69" <rhas...@aol.com> wrote in message

Rhastus69

Dec 10, 2002, 9:42:02 AM12/10/02
>From: "Ernest Experience Radio Show"

>The checking egos thing might actually translate into something very generic

>that Monte said during my interview w/ him.

could be, only those guys know for sure.

>I agree he's in the mix to a point, but I think on the last album he wasn't
>as involved as he had been before.

That's true
actually two of my favorite songs by the time he had NOTHING to do with
Blondie and the Skillet

>I really wonder what any of their relationship w/ Prince is at this point
>though. No one's really talked to Jesse in a while. I think Bean talks to
>him more than anyone, and even that's rare.

Jellybean talks to Jesse about every 6 months or so. Jesse was suppose to have
recorded so stuff with them in 96 with them when they first started touring
again and he did his last solo album, but he didn't want to tour so I don't
know if it actually made it to tape or not

>P.S. Did you ever get to listen to the whole interview w/ Monte? I can get
>ya one if you wish.

It skipped because i'm on a dinosaur 28K hook up so I can't get a steady
stream. it will play for a few seconds then skip a few