Hello. Dave Abbruzzese here...

J.N. Grace

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96
*********NOTE: this is a letter Dave sent to the pearl Jam folder in
late july 95. I do not in anyway pretend to be him...I know that this
is an actual letter that he himself sent. If you don't believe me try
the address and fax. PLEASE DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER! Here you go...

Stewart Grace

Subj: Hello. Dave Abbruzzese here...
Date: 95-07-26 08:44:51 EDT
From: D765478658

I've read it all....
I am fascinated & sometimes flattered...
There are people in this folder who know that this is really me, so I
won't
spend alot of time trying to prove it to the rest of you.
If you'd like proof....WRITE me a letter at ;
Dave Abbruzzese
P.O. BOX 99410
Seattle. WA.
98199 fax 206 283 2702
I am signing off this screen name from AOL.....
...to my friends: you can still reach me under me other screen name.
After seeing that modern drummer article, I felt the need to add to
it some
additional bits of info....
....writers, no matter how good they are always add their own
bits...
Everything in that article is true. YES, they're based on my opinions,
and
some may think that my opinions are tarnished with bitterness....
they're not.
I will never get over that period of my life. I learned alot from it
that
will help me in my future, but I will not/nor do I have any desire to/
get
over it.
This was a situation in which I had no choice. I knew that Ed and I
had trouble communicating, but I blaim Ed...always did.
When he would toss a persona formed monkey wrench into the pearl jam
spokes, I was the one who asked the question of "why?" out loud, to his
face.
While the others just accepted his trip. This made me the challenger
to his
motives. While all the while, I just wanted a reason.
As far as the seemingly obvious disagreements between my goals of
giving
back to the people who gifted me with the oppurtunity to actually live
and
play music and Ed's belief that in my doing so, I was promoting myself,
I say
SO WHAT. I always kept, or at least tried to keep all the members of
PJ
informed as to what I wanted to do with my time and my abilities. And
I also
made sure that they knew that my attitude was one in which, "If you
have a
problem with what I want to do, and don't approach me with your reasons
for
that problem, well, ...then it's not MY problem." A person cannot live
their
life walking on eggshells just because some others cannot speak their
intentions clearly. There were many other contributing factors, but
they
don't matter any longer.
When I was FIRED over breakfast {not lunch} by Stone, I was
devistated.
I was oblivious to anything of the sort transpiring. As a matter of
fact, I
called our manager Kelly just the day before, because I was told that
Ed was
back from getting married, and I wanted to wish him luck on his
upcoming
trial for the fight in New Orleans. Kelly, who I considered a dear
friend,
as well as MY manager was his usually happy self and we had a pleasant
conversation that ended with him telling me that Stone wanted to talk
to me.
I called Stone. He called me back the following morning and invited me
breakfast. I got there, he was late, came in, said my name in
greeting, and
the next thing he said to me was:
" WE"RE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER DRUMMER."
I then over the next week or so recieved many excuses, but no reason.
Jeff called. Mike called from rehab. { where he also attended the
meeting
discussing my firing via speaker phone.} I never once heard from Ed,
and
still haven't a year later.
I learned alot within that group of people. A hell of alot. I love
them
all, and I always will. I miss them. I wonder if things have changed.
I've
heard some bootlegged shows of the new PJ....and though I've always had
alot
of respect for Jack as a drummer, I hope for his sake they put a new
record
out soon, with him playing HIS style of drumming on it, 'cause from
what I've
heard on these boots...........
Well, thats all. I'm in a great head-space right now. I formed a new
band.
The record's finished, and I'm very proud of it. You'll know when its
around. Keep your love for music alive. When the glass house of
persona is
shattered, all that remains is the reality:THE MUSIC.
Write me,be all.
Peace & Smiles