Favorite DS Song

Ben Kierulff

Mar 8, 1994, 8:33:21 PM3/8/94
Alright, take a poll here... I would have to say that it is a tie between
Piggy and closer. I know it's a tough choice because all of the songs totally
rock, but give it your best anyway...

And, BTW, can someone explain the point of eraser? (besides filling up little
1's and 0's on the CD...

--
-=-Mach3-=-
ma...@netcom.com

c. spencer yeh

Mar 8, 1994, 10:12:57 PM3/8/94
In article <mach3CM...@netcom.com>, Ben Kierulff <ma...@netcom.com> wrote:
>Alright, take a poll here... I would have to say that it is a tie between
>Piggy and closer. I know it's a tough choice because all of the songs totally
>rock, but give it your best anyway...
Sorry if my choice doesn't "totally rock," but I would have to say my fave is
"Hurt." The others are quite good, though.

>And, BTW, can someone explain the point of eraser? (besides filling up little
>1's and 0's on the CD...

To kick the shit out of HLAH ;-).

Susan Roston

Mar 8, 1994, 10:30:19 PM3/8/94
In article <mach3CM...@netcom.com>, Ben Kierulff <ma...@netcom.com> wrote:
>Alright, take a poll here... I would have to say that it is a tie between
>Piggy and closer. I know it's a tough choice because all of the songs totally
>rock, but give it your best anyway...
>
>And, BTW, can someone explain the point of eraser? (besides filling up little
>1's and 0's on the CD...

what's wrong with eraser, it is a cool song, heck, the same could be said
about March of the Pigs, except no one but me has stated that yet

I like reptile and the downward spiral best, although I like reptilian better
than reptile

mike roston

Nathaniel D. Daw

Mar 8, 1994, 11:37:40 PM3/8/94
In article <mach3CM...@netcom.com>, Ben Kierulff <ma...@netcom.com> wrote:
>Alright, take a poll here... I would have to say that it is a tie between
>Piggy and closer. I know it's a tough choice because all of the songs totally
>rock, but give it your best anyway...

ruiner. Definitely ruiner. mr. self destruct is also pretty admirable.

nd

c. spencer yeh

Mar 9, 1994, 1:06:11 AM3/9/94
In article <2ljjqk$p...@apakabar.cc.columbia.edu>,
"Mr. Self Destruct" certainly *sounds* better than it *reads.* Then again,
that's what songs w/ lyrics are--the melding of word and sound. "MSD"
certainly is a powerful one.

csy

dellb...@hamp.hampshire.edu

Mar 9, 1994, 2:35:59 AM3/9/94
best song: "heresy"
best half song: "ruiner" (first half, before guitar solo part)

* i'm Deniz, a.k.a. DELLB...@Hamp.Hampshire.edu *
* ("Hampshire--we're a REAL college! Well, sort of...)*
* ____________________________________________________ *
* | "your god is dead, and no one cares, | *
* | if there is a hell, i'll see you there"--TRENT. | *
* ---------------------------------------------------- *

JAMES BROWN IS DEAD

Mar 9, 1994, 10:15:58 AM3/9/94
I'm with this guy. also add my $.02 for A Big Man With a Gun.

NOWIMNOTHING

Mar 9, 1994, 3:21:42 PM3/9/94
In article <2ljjqk$p...@apakabar.cc.columbia.edu>, nd...@ciao.cc.columbia.edu (Nathaniel D. Daw) writes:
I agree. Ruiner is definatily cool... closer is probably my second fave...
then reptile, the downward spiral, and big man with a gun...

Andy

Robert Williams

Mar 9, 1994, 3:58:50 PM3/9/94
closer. no doubt about it. hurt is my second fave, along with mr.sd and
piggy.

the downward spiral (the song) is the best mood piece on the album. By mood
piece, I mean something that doesn't have a bone-shattering beat, or any
noticeable 'hook', just something that sets a mood. I don't know about you,
but I was depressed as hell after listening to that.
--
Bo Williams will...@ncssm-server.ncssm.edu
willi...@opus.ncssm.edu

"I want to break it up, I want to smash it up, I want to fuck it up, and I
want to watch it go down" -- "March of the Pigs" NIN

Sharon L Hinzpeter

Mar 9, 1994, 9:25:34 PM3/9/94
Nathaniel D. Daw (nd...@ciao.cc.columbia.edu) wrote:

I like hurt. I can identify with it. I think it's easily the most
`powerful' (as you people put it) song on the disc.

: nd

Have I started something? Fuck, I hope not. Or else I'll have to change
because it will look like I'm copying everyone else.

sh

Sharon L Hinzpeter

Mar 9, 1994, 9:26:52 PM3/9/94
c. spencer yeh (y...@merle.acns.nwu.edu) wrote:

: csy

Here it is again... man...

sh

Daniel Takeo Arai

Mar 10, 1994, 12:30:24 AM3/10/94
In article <CMFG2...@ns1.nodak.edu>,

Sharon L Hinzpeter <hinz...@badlands.NoDak.edu> wrote:

>I like hurt. I can identify with it. I think it's easily the most
>`powerful' (as you people put it) song on the disc.

I would say that March of the Pigs and Mr Self Destruct are more powerful
than hurt, imho.

Dan.

--
Daniel Arai | "If money disappeared, so would fear, anxiety
dan...@leland.stanford.edu | worry, toil, and sleepless nights."

Jim Tegelaar

Mar 10, 1994, 2:26:06 AM3/10/94
dellb...@hamp.hampshire.edu wrote:
: best song: "heresy"

: best half song: "ruiner" (first half, before guitar solo part)

I cant believe it.. I totally agree.

Jim

--
__ _-==-=_,-.
/--`' \_@-@.--<
>=\\_/`<
____ /= | \_|/
_' `\ _/=== \___/
= -_ __/=====================================================================
| James S. Tegelaar | Winnie The Pooh, |
| tege...@titan.ucs.umass.edu | and |
| Unviersity Of Massachusetts / Amherst | TIGGER too!! |

dellb...@hamp.hampshire.edu

Mar 10, 1994, 3:24:43 AM3/10/94
In Article <2lmi2e$l...@nic.umass.edu>

wow. now *there's* something you don't see too often in the newsgroups!
(total agreement, that is.)

come to think of it, that's something you don't see too often between
umass and hampshire kids too.

it must be something about the air here in amherst, eh?

(just kidding!)
:)

NOWIMNOTHING

Mar 10, 1994, 3:27:14 AM3/10/94
In article <2lmb9g$6...@nntp2.Stanford.EDU>, dan...@leland.Stanford.EDU (Daniel Takeo Arai) writes:
>In article <CMFG2...@ns1.nodak.edu>,
>Sharon L Hinzpeter <hinz...@badlands.NoDak.edu> wrote:
>>
>>I like hurt. I can identify with it. I think it's easily the most
>>`powerful' (as you people put it) song on the disc.
>
>I would say that March of the Pigs and Mr Self Destruct are more powerful
>than hurt, imho.

Well...ummm... louder anyway. I have to admit these are my least favorite
songs on the disk. They remind me too much of Broken. Hurt is really good.
As is The Downward Spiral.

Andy

--
the night lived on your lips when i knew the wonder of our night your touch
soft as moonlight and your eyes full of the heavens infinite and full of bliss

L. Ruppenthal

Mar 10, 1994, 10:05:41 AM3/10/94

Mr. Self Destruct is alright, but I was expecting a lot more out
of it, I don't know why. By far, the best part is the way it goes all
mellow in the middle all of a sudden. Just for a few bars, you can hear
some of Adrian Belew's guitar in the background - that part is deadly.
Too bad Trent didn't use a bit more of Adrian's stuff on that track.

--
--> L.D. Ruppenthal <u931...@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca>
--> McMaster University (905) 574+5545

Michele A. Brogley

Mar 10, 1994, 11:53:19 AM3/10/94
My favorite DS song (well acctually two songs) are The Becoming and I Do Not
Want This. I don't recall anyone else out there mentioning either of these
songs as their faves. Is there anybody else out there besides me who likes
these tracks? I think they're great! (But Reptile is also pretty damn cool
too).

Michele (don't you tell me how I feel)

c. spencer yeh

Mar 10, 1994, 3:42:41 PM3/10/94
In article <2lmll2$q...@nic-nac.CSU.net>,

NOWIMNOTHING <tun...@academic.csubak.edu> wrote:
>In article <2lmb9g$6...@nntp2.Stanford.EDU>, dan...@leland.Stanford.EDU (Daniel Takeo Arai) writes:
>>I would say that March of the Pigs and Mr Self Destruct are more powerful
>>than hurt, imho.
>>
>Well...ummm... louder anyway. I have to admit these are my least favorite
>songs on the disk. They remind me too much of Broken. Hurt is really good.
>As is The Downward Spiral.
I would have to agree on some points expressed. "Hurt" was by far more
effective for me than "MotP" or "MSD." As everyone's saying nowadays, "a
whisper is far more threatening sometimes than a scream." Or something like
that. Anyway, I liked "MotP" and "MSD," but "Hurt" by far my personal
favorite song off of DS. That and the "brapp!" sound used in "Reptile." ;-)

THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL--the stuff .sigs are made of.

c. spencer yeh

Mar 10, 1994, 4:06:11 PM3/10/94
In article <CMFG4...@ns1.nodak.edu>,

Sharon L Hinzpeter <hinz...@badlands.NoDak.edu> wrote:

Huh?

--
"...as he held in his teeth, he painted angels on the skirt I wore..."
y...@merle.acns.nwu.edu --The Residents

Daniel Scott Margolin

Mar 10, 1994, 4:42:49 PM3/10/94
"Heresy" is the best track. It seems trent has been reading a bit
too much Nietzsche lately.
every track is amazing. it is one of the best albums to come out in
years. by far NIN's best album. i fucking love it.
It is also an excellent album to listen to while under the influence.
Especially while stoned. The layered effects really get you.

David Warner

Mar 10, 1994, 8:38:05 PM3/10/94
In article <2lo48p$r...@agate.berkeley.edu> ucbd...@uclink.berkeley.edu (Daniel Scott Margolin) writes:

every track is amazing. it is one of the best albums to come out in
years. by far NIN's best album. i fucking love it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this ain't too hard, being that it's one of two albums. i suppose
that if you liked phm better than tds, then phm would be "by far nin's
best album". and i guess that 'broken' is nin's best ep hands down.

dave

c. spencer yeh

Mar 10, 1994, 10:21:12 PM3/10/94
In article <DWARNER.94...@ocds.cs.oberlin.edu>,
David Warner <dwa...@cs.oberlin.edu> wrote:

>this ain't too hard, being that it's one of two albums. i suppose
>that if you liked phm better than tds, then phm would be "by far nin's
>best album". and i guess that 'broken' is nin's best ep hands down.

Technical technical...

Anyway, I would consider BROKEN to be a "body of work," as is PHM and DS.
Even though it was marketed as an EP, I don't know if it would've been as
effective as a full "album." Like Trent said, something about a short, loud
blast of anger... Hell, some of the early Beatles "albums" are pretty short
(not trying to call a comparison or anything). My point being, don't always
consider what the record companies, etc. are trying to label "art" with.
Then again, running around saying "body of work" wouldn't be bad either.

BTW, BROKEN wouldn't be the best EP "hands down." FIXED, the HLAH single,
etc., are in the running as well.

c.s.y.

c. spencer yeh

Mar 10, 1994, 10:42:17 PM3/10/94

Daniel Scott Margolin <ucbd...@uclink.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> "Heresy" is the best track.
Yeah... can't wait to see it in concert too--all these kids jumping around,
"moshing," with their fists in the air screaming "your god is dead!!! And no
one cares!!!"

And later, they'd be jumping around again, with their fists in the air,
screaming "head like a hole!!! Black as your soul!!!"

These'd be the same kids that were, several months earlier, jumping around,
fists in the air, screaming "and he don't know what it means!!! He don't know
what it means!!!"

Just observations, is all... Don't get me wrong, I kinda like "Heresy"...

c.s.y.

Sharon L Hinzpeter

Mar 10, 1994, 11:56:17 PM3/10/94
Daniel Takeo Arai (dan...@leland.Stanford.EDU) wrote:
: In article <CMFG2...@ns1.nodak.edu>,

: Sharon L Hinzpeter <hinz...@badlands.NoDak.edu> wrote:
: >
: >I like hurt. I can identify with it. I think it's easily the most
: >`powerful' (as you people put it) song on the disc.

: I would say that March of the Pigs and Mr Self Destruct are more powerful
: than hurt, imho.

I think we're having a disagreement of terms... march of the pigs and mr
self destruct are louder and have a more driving drum beat... is that
what you mean by powerful? I'm thinking of the song that stirs the most
emotion in me. MotP and MSD are cool, but they don't stir anything
inside of me... I can't identify with them. It must be a personal thing,
but hurt just makes sense to me.

sh (???)

Michael Andrew Eubanks

Mar 11, 1994, 1:15:20 AM3/11/94
My first listen through this album was mixed... didn't quite 'catch' with me
right off... but for some odd reason, the second time through... I found m
myself drooling a bit much.

to answer to this lovely little poll at any rate...

1) A Warm Place
2) Ruiner (agree that the second half is a bit trite - my first reaction)
3) Heresy

and so on...

notes: anyone thought they were listening to FLA for the first bit of Ruiner
the first time they heard it?
after 3:50 or so, Ruiner returns to a good song, IMHO
anybody out there have _Zigoku_ by Dissecting Table? Is there not some
similarity between its sound and the beginning of "the Becoming"?
I'm a bit surprised some people would say that piggy and closer are there fav's-
they are the only two songs on the album that i have bits i don't feel that
comfortable with... anyone else out ther?

i wish i could say something about this album... i just can't *say* what this
album *is*... it is a bit beyond me right now....
oh, and listening to becoming right now... that DT similarity runs all the way
through the album, esp right before 4:00...

mike

David Warner

Mar 11, 1994, 10:23:05 AM3/11/94
In article <2loo38$3...@news.acns.nwu.edu> y...@merle.acns.nwu.edu (c. spencer yeh) writes:

BTW, BROKEN wouldn't be the best EP "hands down." FIXED, the HLAH single,
etc., are in the running as well.

come on, now. fixed and the hlah single are *singles*, not eps.
maxisingles, albeit, but they are singles.

dave, who thinks that technicalities are amusing

jason burbank

Mar 11, 1994, 1:24:32 PM3/11/94

Am I the only one who thinks Eraser is the best song so far?

Jason
--

"Here's wishing you the bluest sky, and hoping something better
comes tomorrow, hoping all the verses rhyme, and the very best of

jason burbank

Mar 11, 1994, 1:33:04 PM3/11/94
I saw this vinyl record that said "nine inch males" on the cover. The
cover art was some guy looking vaguely like Reznor's picture on PHM, but
he was holding a huge dildo. The song listings seemed vaguely mocking of
nine inch nails. Anybody heard of this thing? What is it?

jason

NOWIMNOTHING

Mar 11, 1994, 3:54:54 PM3/11/94
In article <CMIJ3...@news.cis.umn.edu>, ja...@diatom.micro.umn.edu (jason burbank) writes:

>Am I the only one who thinks Eraser is the best song so far?

I _really_ like it. The beginning part with the straw sound and the moaning in
the background is absolutely spooky... and then there's the bizzare guitar
bit that comes in later.... too fucking unreal.

Andy D (the other one)

--
fear never drives he only sits in the corner of the bus alone with his .357
and the rest of us wonder when he'll just snap like a twig and start shooting

NOWIMNOTHING

Mar 11, 1994, 3:56:32 PM3/11/94
In article <CMIJH...@news.cis.umn.edu>, ja...@diatom.micro.umn.edu (jason burbank) writes:
>I saw this vinyl record that said "nine inch males" on the cover. The
>cover art was some guy looking vaguely like Reznor's picture on PHM, but
>he was holding a huge dildo. The song listings seemed vaguely mocking of
>nine inch nails. Anybody heard of this thing? What is it?

What is there a new Butt Fuck Parlour Time installment out that I havn't heard
about???

Andy

--
i exist only at the bottom of this bottle tun...@academic.csubak.edu

Susan Roston

Mar 11, 1994, 6:03:21 PM3/11/94
In article <2loo38$3...@news.acns.nwu.edu>,

c. spencer yeh <y...@merle.acns.nwu.edu> wrote:
>In article <DWARNER.94...@ocds.cs.oberlin.edu>,
>David Warner <dwa...@cs.oberlin.edu> wrote:
>
>Anyway, I would consider BROKEN to be a "body of work," as is PHM and DS.
>Even though it was marketed as an EP, I don't know if it would've been as
>effective as a full "album." Like Trent said, something about a short, loud
>blast of anger... Hell, some of the early Beatles "albums" are pretty short
>(not trying to call a comparison or anything). My point being, don't always
>consider what the record companies, etc. are trying to label "art" with.
>Then again, running around saying "body of work" wouldn't be bad either.

the way I see it, you lump broken, fixed, and the happiness vip promo
togather(as well as the mass consumption mix of physical(if anyone has this I
am looking to trade) and the butch vig mix of last), and you have a pretty
complete lbum, with lots of different entities.
hell, look at evil off from 242(damn good cd IMO), it has 10 tracks, and 6
remixes, plus angels vs. animals if you can find it(I can't)
broken has 8 tracks, plus 6 standard remixes, and 4 more if you are nit
picky(like me). looks like an album to me

mike roston

Susan Roston

Mar 11, 1994, 6:18:01 PM3/11/94

jason burbank <ja...@diatom.micro.umn.edu> wrote:

>Am I the only one who thinks Eraser is the best song so far?
>
>Jason

close, I like reptile and the downward spiral better, but it is one of the
best tracks on the CD(along with a warm place and hurt also)

mike roston

Susan Roston

Mar 11, 1994, 6:20:13 PM3/11/94
In article <CMIJH...@news.cis.umn.edu>,

jason burbank <ja...@diatom.micro.umn.edu> wrote:
>I saw this vinyl record that said "nine inch males" on the cover. The
>cover art was some guy looking vaguely like Reznor's picture on PHM, but
>he was holding a huge dildo. The song listings seemed vaguely mocking of
>nine inch nails. Anybody heard of this thing? What is it?

nope, only other mock I heard of was the teni inch men with their album
_pretty vultures_ though I have NO idea what was on it.
what I really want to hear is trent's pre NIN work, but it is so damn hard to
find

mike roston

Stefan Alexei Lasiewski

Mar 11, 1994, 7:08:46 PM3/11/94

>In article <CMIJH...@news.cis.umn.edu>,
>jason burbank <ja...@diatom.micro.umn.edu> wrote:
>I saw this vinyl record that said "nine inch males" on the cover. The
>cover art was some guy looking vaguely like Reznor's picture on PHM, but
>he was holding a huge dildo. The song listings seemed vaguely mocking of
>nine inch nails. Anybody heard of this thing? What is it?

Ya, I got it even....It's by Pansy Division...a funny queer punk band...
they like to cover popular 'alternative' songs on thier albums....they play
in the bay area alot for cheap or free...Check 'em out...actually, I think
they played here in Santa Cruz last week....

The single isn't that great...but I love the cover...the songs here don't
really cover NIN that well..

--stefan
.
o ,
. .:/
,,///;, ,;/
. @{{{{{{{{{///
){{{{{{{{{{\\\
''\\\\\'" ';\
'^

Type O Negative

Mar 12, 1994, 6:37:47 AM3/12/94
In article <CMIJH...@news.cis.umn.edu> ja...@diatom.micro.umn.edu (jason burbank) writes:
>I saw this vinyl record that said "nine inch males" on the cover. The
>cover art was some guy looking vaguely like Reznor's picture on PHM, but
>he was holding a huge dildo. The song listings seemed vaguely mocking of
>nine inch nails. Anybody heard of this thing? What is it?
>
>jason

The group is a gay punk group. What it sounds like I don't know.....
this is just random info you pick up when you work in a record
store.........

--
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ The Mysterious Dragon @

Message has been deleted

Sharon L Hinzpeter

Mar 12, 1994, 3:06:02 PM3/12/94
Ok... my final word on favourite songs (in no particular order)...

piggy, heresy, the becoming, a warm place, reptile, the downward spiral,
and hurt. As for the rest of the songs, they're great too... there isn't
one i dislike. however, these seven are my favourite.

sh

Buck Satan

Mar 12, 1994, 6:50:25 PM3/12/94
dwa...@cs.oberlin.edu writes:

> every track is amazing. it is one of the best albums to come out in
> years. by far NIN's best album. i fucking love it.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>this ain't too hard, being that it's one of two albums. i suppose
>that if you liked phm better than tds, then phm would be "by far nin's
>best album". and i guess that 'broken' is nin's best ep hands down.

I'm not too good at picking favorites: NIN's best release is the one
that's playing :)

As for songs, nobody has mentioned "the becoming" that I've seen. . . I
really like this song because it carries some of those "personalized"
lyrics that I admire in Trent's music: "the me that you know is now made
up of wires and even when i'm right with you i'm so far away. i could
try to get away, but i've strapped myself in. . ." etc. Kinda
emphasizes Trent's dislike for the fame he's gotten. I dunno. I guess
he likes his audiences & enjoys his shows, but he doesn't like some of
the things that come with stardom (like sausages?). . . That's my guess
as to why he never posts here. He probably doesn't care for everone out
there who asks what brand of underwear he wears so they can get the same
brand. . .

Oh, well. . .

Other fave songs: "ruiner," "reptile" ("reptilian" :), "heresy," "hurt."

Basically all of them. Depends on my mood. . .

Buck Satan.
"the me that you know, he doesn't come around much"

Michele A. Brogley

Mar 13, 1994, 4:29:12 PM3/13/94
The Becoming is most definitely my favorite DS song! I was wondering if
anyone else out there liked it as much as I do. I was having a hard time
deciding which I liked better, The Becoming or I Do Not Want This. But
after listening to the CD another half a dozen times this weekend, I've
decided it's The Becoming. I'm not sure I can really give any concrete
reasons why, but there's just something about that particular combination of
lyrics and music that really does something to me. Just my $0.02.

Michele (it won't give up it wants me dead god damn this noise inside my
head)

CGS-2060

Mar 13, 1994, 8:19:40 PM3/13/94
: The Becoming is most definitely my favorite DS song! I was wondering if

: anyone else out there liked it as much as I do. I was having a hard time

Here here!

: deciding which I liked better, The Becoming or I Do Not Want This. But

Yet another good choice. I like listening to the two consequetively..

: after listening to the CD another half a dozen times this weekend, I've

: decided it's The Becoming. I'm not sure I can really give any concrete
: reasons why, but there's just something about that particular combination of
: lyrics and music that really does something to me. Just my $0.02.

I like it better than the rest because of:

1> cool time signature (13/4, or 4/4 3/4 4/4 2/4), and you know how i am
about time signatures.. :)
2> cool lyrics
3> cool bass line / style / color to the song..
4> just the right length..
5> hits some nerves
6> cool melody

My fav's on TDS:
the becoming
reptile
march of the pigs
hurt
i do not want this
heresy
ruiner
closer
a warm place
mr self destruct
piggy
the downward spiral
eraser
big man with a gun

My invaluable 1/2 peso.

an...@maple.circa.ufl.edu

Mar 14, 1994, 1:16:56 PM3/14/94
Buck Satan <Bu...@RevCo.Ministry.COM> writes:

<>As for songs, nobody has mentioned "the becoming" that I've seen. . . I
<>really like this song because it carries some of those "personalized"
<>lyrics that I admire in Trent's music: "the me that you know is now made
<>up of wires and even when i'm right with you i'm so far away. i could
<>try to get away, but i've strapped myself in. . ." etc. Kinda

The lyrics kind of reminded me of Stephen King's book "The Tommyknockers",
'cept for the stuff about wires...

<>Other fave songs: "ruiner," "reptile" ("reptilian" :), "heresy," "hurt."

Guess I'm one of the few people who really like "closer".

I prefer the "all the pigs, all lined up" version of MotP as well.

tony dematio
u of florida

Karen A. Van Hoek

Mar 14, 1994, 2:20:24 PM3/14/94
My favorite DS song is by far "closer". I agree in part with one
reviewer who felt the lyrics are very obvious, except that I think
that beyond the obviousness there's a level of subtlety and even
complexity. Trent doesn't mince words, to be sure, but there are
some complex emotions expressed in that song. And I _love_ the
distorted notes at the end, not to mention the shimmering/howling
notes that go up the scale repeatedly throughout the song.

Karen

Ed Snible

Mar 15, 1994, 3:13:41 AM3/15/94
I have heard a rumor NIN will also play this month, in Phoenix. Buck, could
you confirm this (and include an address my name server will recognize?)

I don't want to post the rumor, as it is unconfirmed.

Gayle Kelemen
e...@indirect.com

Torsion S. Barrs

Mar 15, 1994, 9:35:56 PM3/15/94

Buck Satan

Mar 16, 1994, 2:53:50 AM3/16/94
In article <2m29mo...@no-names.nerdc.ufl.edu> ,
an...@maple.circa.ufl.edu writes:

>The lyrics kind of reminded me of Stephen King's book "The
Tommyknockers",
>'cept for the stuff about wires...

Interesting thought

><>Other fave songs: "ruiner," "reptile" ("reptilian" :), "heresy,"
"hurt."

>Guess I'm one of the few people who really like "closer".

Ummm. . . Oh yeah. Forgot that one. . . And "a warm place". . . And
"the downward spiral"

Kinda like I was saying before--that's why I don't like to pick
favorites. . .

BTW, I got halo 00 today. You know, the "Supernaut" that I *don't* sing
on :)

Buck Satan.

Prince of Llamas

Mar 16, 1994, 8:49:22 AM3/16/94
In article <2m29mo...@no-names.nerdc.ufl.edu> AN...@ufcc.ufl.edu writes:

>Guess I'm one of the few people who really like "closer".

I guess I'm one also... We should start a support group. ;)

-Jerr(Halo5-less)
--
__ __
\ oo / sdl...@cs.rit.edu /// "No bright side. No bright side!"

Christopher Sobczak

Mar 17, 1994, 6:36:00 PM3/17/94

QUOTED (Generic quote line.. SUE ME!)

B >B >Message-ID: <mach3CM...@netcom.com>
B >Newsgroup: alt.music.nin
B >Organization: NETCOM On-line Communication Services (408 241-9760 guest)

B >Alright, take a poll here... I would have to say that it is a tie betwe
B >Piggy and closer. I know it's a tough choice because all of the songs
B >totally
B >rock, but give it your best anyway...

B >And, BTW, can someone explain the point of eraser? (besides filling up
B >little
B >1's and 0's on the CD...

eraser is a great song!

but the one that hasnt left my head sience I first heard it is..

---HURT---

'YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL, MY EMPIRE OF DIRT

... you could have it all my empire of dirt
---
* WaveRdr 1.0 [NR] * UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COP

Christopher Sobczak

Mar 17, 1994, 6:36:00 PM3/17/94

QUOTED (Generic quote line.. SUE ME!)

c >Sorry if my choice doesn't "totally rock," but I would have to say my fa
c >is
c >"Hurt." The others are quite good, though.

HEAR HEAR!

>And, BTW, can someone explain the point of eraser? (besides filling up

c >little

>1's and 0's on the CD...

c >To kick the shit out of HLAH ;-).

HEAR HEAR!

(What the fuck does that mean? HEAR HEAR? Where did it come from?)

Dan McGuirk

Mar 17, 1994, 8:00:12 PM3/17/94
In article <CMp5I...@news.direct.net>, Ed Snible <e...@news.direct.net> wrote:
>I have heard a rumor NIN will also play this month, in Phoenix. Buck, could
>you confirm this (and include an address my name server will recognize?)
>
>I don't want to post the rumor, as it is unconfirmed.

Yeah, in case you didn't hear on the radio today, Trent is playing two
unannounced shows, tonight and tomorrow (Thursday and Friday) at The
Roxy. Tickets are already sold out... and I am going :)

Tickets were $16.75... I found out about the shows a couple hours
late and ended up paying $35 for mine... but I think it will be worth
it...
--
Dan McGuirk what do you care
d...@asu.edu what other people think?