1st N.America Stop: Vancouver!

Hershaw Al-Barazi

Feb 21, 1994, 4:39:46 PM2/21/94
KITS radio here in SF announced they are sending a contest winner
to Vancouver to see the first NIN stop in North America! That's
all I know, but I bet it's soon. Also, KITS will be featuring
Downward Spiral on Wed, by playing most the tracks throughout the day.
Get your tape decks ready!
--
Another treasured thought from... WISEMAN. (In San Francisco)
Proudly mail to:hal...@eis.calstate.edu

Terence Lo

Feb 21, 1994, 8:49:41 PM2/21/94
hal...@eis.calstate.edu (Hershaw Al-Barazi) writes:
>KITS radio here in SF announced they are sending a contest winner
>to Vancouver to see the first NIN stop in North America!

Kewl! We finally get to see NIN in Vancouver!
I've been waiting since the first Lolla tour when Trent didn't play the
last few shows and I missed my only chance to see him.

On top of that, March 8 is my birthday. Downward Spiral will be such a cool
birthday present.

Terry.
te...@laue.biochem.ubc.ca

John Soltys

Feb 22, 1994, 12:31:13 AM2/22/94
In article <2kb9n2$2...@eis.calstate.edu>,

Hershaw Al-Barazi <hal...@eis.calstate.edu> wrote:
>KITS radio here in SF announced they are sending a contest winner
>to Vancouver to see the first NIN stop in North America! That's
>all I know, but I bet it's soon.

Hey that's great news since the next stop on most North American tours is
Seattle and that's me!

hehe

Todd Prevett

Feb 22, 1994, 12:13:45 PM2/22/94

Wow! Another die-hard NIN fan who was born on March 8th. It's uncanny!
March 8th 1974: Todd was born
March 8th 1994: Todd will be born again

Todd H. Prevett tpre...@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
a.k.a. Mr. Management, Josh Darkside, Dark Lord of the Business School

"Likka makes everythin' betta!" -MST 3K
"All of my excuses turn to lies. Maybe God will cover up his eyes." -TR
"I sleep with MY gun. Don't you?" -Syla

Terence Lo

Feb 23, 1994, 8:00:54 PM2/23/94

:
:Kewl! We finally get to see NIN in Vancouver!
:I've been waiting since the first Lolla tour when Trent didn't play the
:last few shows and I missed my only chance to see him.

Well, I have been corrected on this. NIN has in fact played Vancouver. I
was talking to the DJ at a local club, the Luv-a-Fair, last night, and he
told me that NIN played the club in 1989 the week before PHM was released.
Only 200 in the crowd and the show was awesome. Unfortunately, I was only
starting to get into industrial dance music (Nitzer Ebb, FLA) at the time
and so I was too clueless to see the show. Ah well, NIN is supposed to
be playing the Commodore this time around, a 1500 capacity club, so at
least I won't have to deal with the teeny-boppers.

Terry.
te...@laue.biochem.ubc.ca

D. Gerasimatos

Feb 23, 1994, 10:41:11 PM2/23/94
In article <2kgu86$h...@nntp.ucs.ubc.ca>,

Terence Lo <te...@laue.biochem.ubc.ca> wrote:

>Well, I have been corrected on this. NIN has in fact played Vancouver. I
>was talking to the DJ at a local club, the Luv-a-Fair, last night, and he
>told me that NIN played the club in 1989 the week before PHM was released.

Wow. I went to Love Affair (or however it is spelled) just last year during
a visit to Vancouver. Aside from being on Robson street (Nettwerk is also
on Robson), I thought it was pretty cool. I liked the fact there was no
cover. I have been to better clubs, but that was a neat one, because of the
free and open attitude. I cannot believe NIN played a dive like that. They
played the Warfield here. I guess they did play Helter Skelter in LA, but
Love Affair is even smaller and shittier than that. Neat.

Dimitrios