san diego cancellation

Galaxygold

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
I heard that in San Diego they're saying that LM's January 28th concert was
cancelled because he wasn't able to get all of his equipment out of Venezuela
after the recent floods. Weren't those floods three or four months ago. And if
it isn't here for San Diego is it going to be here for Los Angeles, where the
concerts are less than a week later. Have any of you heard anything about this?

Glimrtwinz

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
>And if
>it isn't here for San Diego is it going to be here for Los Angeles, where the
>concerts are less than a week later. Have any of you heard anything about
>this?

I've heard the same. He was in Venezuela
at the begining of December and the floods were a round that time. My guess is
that they had to come up with a reasonable explanation so why not blame the
mother Nature.

UACATS76

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
I sure hope the LA concert won't be cancelled as I already have my tickets and
my plane reservations. I haven't heard anything about it though. If you hear,
let me know. Jeanette

UACATS76

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
I heard the San Diego concert has been rescheduled to May 5th at Cox Arena.
Jeanette

Gallego's Girl

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
they had to come up with a reasonable explanation so why not
> blame the
> mother Nature.

Its called "force majeur". Mother nature kicks in and the Artist, in
this case, legally does not have to live up to his contract. I am
surprised he cancelled. He could have rented substitute equipment
without a problem.

Glimrtwinz

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
>He could have rented substitute equipment
>without a problem.

To me the rented equipment is like rented car or rented shoes - never fits
right.

Brie Clark

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00

You're right, Anna. Plus, where is he going to find another humongous
mirror like he has behind the band? People might feel cheated if the
set isn't exactly as he's had for the rest for the rest of the tour.

Much Love,
Brie

~Let God love you through others and let God love others through you.~
D.M. Street

Gallego's Girl

Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00
> > >without a problem.
> >
> > To me the rented equipment is like rented car or rented shoes -
> never fits
> > right.
> You're right, Anna. Plus, where is he going to find another
> humongous
> mirror

You guys, rented equipment is state of the art and most performers rent
everything for their tours. its not difficult nor is it an uncommon
practice. I agree about the mirror though, even tho I think his new set
looks like something out of pee-wee's playhouse.
I would have picked a different style, like an antique-gilt mirror.

Tricia

Feb 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/6/00
Actually, Venezuela had more floods recently.