New NITZER EBB!!!!

SATOR

Sep 16, 1994, 8:44:55 AM9/16/94
I have not yet read any reviews of Nitzer Ebb's new single 'Cherry Blossom',
so I thought I might supply my own. I have to say that I have not been
impressed by Ebb's last couple of releases but this is quite a change.
Ebbhead was a non event for me and I hoped they might redirect themselves to
the semi-cutting edge they had once inhabited instead of making a heavily
trendy release influenced by whatever is popular (Ebbhead was featured in
the British Metal charts, more of that later). Cherry Blossom is quite a
groove oriented track. It features an excellent bassline and drum track as
the intro, and in true Ebb style the rhythm track is excellent. It's quite a
build up of a track. The vocal is getting worse though. Doug's voice sounds
like he's be better suited in G'n'R than NE. The chorus is one of those 5/4
jazz bits like 'My Heart' which I felt ruins this perfectly addictive song. I
know it will grow on me. I will give them a chance, however if on their next
tour Doug wears those white cycle shorts again I will leave. Sweaty white
fabric over a pubic region is a no-no.

Inside info for those who care. On the Ebbhead tour, my band VNV Nation
opened for Ebb in Toronto. What were they listening to backstage you ask?
Patsy Cline, Madonna and Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I almost ruined a good pair
of pants. Bon and Julian are super lads though....They did say that crossing
styles had allowed them access to wider markets, I did not hear them say
crossing styles was something new they were trying and so on. Well with the
Tab they have with Mute who wouldn't try and make a buck...

Anyone else got comments on 'Cherry Blossom'? Final Countdown by Laibach
(funniest thing I have ever heard, love it to death)?

Anyone know if 'Shame' Mix #2 by Nitzer Ebb is available on CD or ever was?