ATTENTION: Drama Ranger

ECLIPTOR77

Jan 5, 2001, 5:28:25 AM1/5/01
I've been meaning to e-mail you about this for sometime now, but your address
(drama...@my-deja.com) doesn't work.

You see I took the advice of several people and went ahead on improving my list
of giant monsters which I will be posting on AMM soon.

(Don't worry Atragon-1, I'll leave the Atlas/Marvel monsters to you)

So now I would like your help (or anyone else who's reading this) with the
following names you mentioned back on AMM (yes, I made a copy of THAT
particular post) because I've never herd of any of these characters before.
What projects did they first appeared in and maybe some info on each guy if you
could?

The Alien (From The Deep)

Powered Gyaos (do you mean the Hyper Gyaos from G3 or the Neo Gyaos from the
video game Gamera 2000?)

Trichepalon

Imoogi

Sharktopus

"Meg"

Deutalios (the giant "Fish-Rat" from the original screenplay of "G vs.
Biollante"?)

WangShe

Gogola

Aerodroid (from Gunhed?)

"Hydra" the Sea Serpent

Giant Crocodile

Giant

The Gigantic Serpent

King Kong's cartoon foes

Gorgo's comic book enemies (I know Konga's comic book enemies, but Gorgo?)

King of Kong Island (was this a real giant monster movie or just another killer
animal on the lose flick?)

Thanks in advance and sorry for being such a nerd,
Ecliptor-77

drama...@my-deja.com

Jan 6, 2001, 1:57:52 AM1/6/01
In article <20010105052825...@ng-ct1.aol.com>,

eclip...@aol.com (ECLIPTOR77) wrote:
> I've been meaning to e-mail you about this for sometime now, but your
address
> (drama...@my-deja.com) doesn't work.
Sorry about that. My regular address is at the bottom of this post.

> You see I took the advice of several people and went ahead on
improving my list
> of giant monsters which I will be posting on AMM soon.
> So now I would like your help (or anyone else who's reading this)
with the
> following names you mentioned back on AMM (yes, I made a copy of THAT
> particular post) because I've never herd of any of these characters
before.
> What projects did they first appeared in and maybe some info on each
guy if you
> could?
Not a problem. Ask and ye shall receive.

> The Alien (From The Deep)
70 foot Giger style alien from the 80's Italian film Alien From the
Deep.

> Powered Gyaos (do you mean the Hyper Gyaos from G3 or the Neo Gyaos
from the
> video game Gamera 2000?)
Neither. It's a Japanese Gamera manga foe that combines all Gamera's
original foes into one.(Picture Gyaos with the other's heads on it's
chest.) Saw a picture of it in an old G-Fan.
> Tricephalon (Note corrected spelling. Sorry.)
Godzilla foe from a 70's US toy playset.Think Ghidorah with 4 legs
and no wings.
> Imoogi
Korean giant monster from the upcoming film Dragon Wars(by the same
director as the new Yonggary).
> Sharktopus
Monster from the Italian film Devil Fish.
> "Meg"
Prehistoric shark from the novel of the same name. Optioned for a
movie.

> Deutalios (the giant "Fish-Rat" from the original screenplay of "G vs.
> Biollante"?)
You got it.
> WangShe
Giant snake from an 80's Chinese film of the same name. Means 'King
Snake'.
> Gogola
Indian(!) giant monster from 60's film of the same name.
> Aerodroid (from Gunhed?)
Yep.
> "Hydra" the Sea Serpent
Giant monster from the 80's film The Sea Serpent.
> Giant Crocodile
Giant beastie from the 80's Thai film Crocodile.
> Giant
Thai ripoff of Daimajin with his own movie series. Once met Jumborg
Ace in a movie,as well.
> The Gigantic Serpent
Mozler(? unsure of name), another giant snake from the film Thunder
of Gigantic Serpent (either Chinese or Phillipines)

> King Kong's cartoon foes
Still working on this one. I know he fought lots of monsters, but
only know currently of a T-Rex in the opening credits, a giant octopus
and an animated version of MechniKong.

> Gorgo's comic book enemies (I know Konga's comic book enemies, but
Gorgo?)
Yep. Both of them (and the Reptilicus clone Reptisaurus) did. Still
working on just how many since I've only seen the covers of the comics.
(You can see a lot of them on ebay and Yahoo auctions.)

> King of Kong Island (was this a real giant monster movie or just
another killer
> animal on the lose flick?)
Not sure. Haven't seen the movie, but lots of reviews of it mention
"a decendant of Kong". Guess that would count if it is...

> Thanks in advance and sorry for being such a nerd,
Nothing to be sorry about. I'm compiling my own list and we both
helped each other out. E-mail me sometime and I'll see about sending
you a copy when my list is finished. (I'll warn you now-it'll be a big
file!)
Good Fortune,
Good Ol' D. R. (drama...@hotmail.com)

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

drama...@my-deja.com

Jan 6, 2001, 2:13:51 AM1/6/01
In article <20010105052825...@ng-ct1.aol.com>,
eclip...@aol.com (ECLIPTOR77) wrote:
> I've been meaning to e-mail you about this for sometime now, but your
address
> (drama...@my-deja.com) doesn't work.
Sorry about that. My regular address is at the bottom of this post.
> You see I took the advice of several people and went ahead on
improving my list
> of giant monsters which I will be posting on AMM soon.
> So now I would like your help (or anyone else who's reading this)
with the
> following names you mentioned back on AMM (yes, I made a copy of THAT
> particular post) because I've never herd of any of these characters
before.
> What projects did they first appeared in and maybe some info on each
guy if you
> could?
Not a problem. Ask and ye shall receive.
> The Alien (From The Deep)
70 foot Giger style alien from the 80's Italian film Alien From the
Deep.
> Powered Gyaos (do you mean the Hyper Gyaos from G3 or the Neo Gyaos
from the
> video game Gamera 2000?)
Neither. It's a Japanese Gamera manga foe that combines all Gamera's
original foes into one.(Picture Gyaos with the other's heads on it's
chest.) Saw a picture of it in an old G-Fan.
> Tricephalon (Note corrected spelling. Sorry.)
Godzilla foe from a 70's US toy playset.Think Ghidorah with 4 legs
and no wings.
> Imoogi
Korean giant monster from the upcoming film Dragon Wars(by the same
director as the new Yonggary).
> Sharktopus
Monster from the Italian film Devil Fish.
> "Meg"
Prehistoric shark from the novel of the same name. Optioned for a
movie.
> Deutalios (the giant "Fish-Rat" from the original screenplay of "G vs.
> Biollante"?)
You got it.
> WangShe
Giant snake from an 80's Chinese film of the same name. Means 'King
Snake'.
> Gogola
Indian(!) giant monster from 60's film of the same name.
> Aerodroid (from Gunhed?)
Yep.