Mexican national anthem on American radio station...

Seamore Tush

Dec 15, 2005, 10:38:19 PM12/15/05
I was driving to work the other night and listening to one of the
half-dozen Mexican music (ooh, excuuuse me, "hispanic" music)
stations in the area and heard them play the Mexican national
anthem. I used to hear it every night at midnight on the stations
in Mexico when I lived on the border, but this was the first time
I heard it played on a U.S. radio station.

I found it totally offensive. It might have been appropriate at
some local soccer game between a team from Mexico and one from
the USA, or perhaps some diplomatic function, but not on American
radio. This is the USA, not a colony of Mexico. I don't mind
the Mexicans at all, but they are here because this is NOT Mexico,
their patriotism was not sufficient to keep them in Mexico and
they chose to leave their precious country so they could work.

This is similar to that billboard flap earlier this year when a
Mexican (ooh, excuuuuse me, "hispanic") television station in
Los Angeles had a billboard that said something like "Noticias
- Los Angeles, [California crossed out] Mexico".

jimj1...@yahoo.com

Dec 15, 2005, 11:17:30 PM12/15/05
They are here to mooch off the USA, make a few bucks so they can send
that money back to their family in Mexico. They don't give a shit
about this country or becoming American. They are totally loyal to
Mexico, that is why you heard the Mexican national anthem on the
spanish radio.

Iconoclast

Dec 15, 2005, 11:26:05 PM12/15/05

"Seamore Tush" <st...@asses.fire.net> wrote in message

You should petition the FCC to pull the license of the enemy radio station.
I doubt, however, that the Mexican puppet government in the District of
Criminals would act against the treasonous radio station, since it is the
goal of our government to Mexicanize the U.S.

GeekBoy

Dec 15, 2005, 11:28:23 PM12/15/05

"Seamore Tush" <st...@asses.fire.net> wrote in message

How about providing the station so we can flood it with calls and the media.

Blair J Kavanagh

Dec 15, 2005, 11:32:12 PM12/15/05
I think you guy's are getting carried away here.

The US anthem is played overseas on radio stations that have a
designated US audience. Its no big deal.

Stick with the program, so to speak, and keep your focus on the main
picture. That is people coming to the US with no official approval from
the INS. Put some pressure on the great GWB, as it is him and his
buddies who are benefiting the most.

Lay off those who identify with the Hispanic culture and are here
legally. They have the right to listen to anything they wish, and if
they are a bit homesick and/or nostalgic for thier old country and the
Mexican Anthem is played then good luck to them. You have no right to
tell them what to listen to and what not to.

Blair

David Eduardo

Dec 15, 2005, 11:51:38 PM12/15/05

"Seamore Tush" <st...@asses.fire.net> wrote in message
>I was driving to work the other night and listening to one of the
> half-dozen Mexican music (ooh, excuuuse me, "hispanic" music)
> stations in the area and heard them play the Mexican national
> anthem. I used to hear it every night at midnight on the stations
> in Mexico when I lived on the border, but this was the first time
> I heard it played on a U.S. radio station.

Although I have no idea which station this might be, rememeber that all US
Spanish staitons are owned by Americans.

> This is similar to that billboard flap earlier this year when a
> Mexican (ooh, excuuuuse me, "hispanic") television station in
> Los Angeles had a billboard that said something like "Noticias
> - Los Angeles, [California crossed out] Mexico".

Again, the station is owned by an American company.

David Eduardo

Dec 15, 2005, 11:52:50 PM12/15/05

"Iconoclast" <Icono...@tiscali.co.za> wrote in message

> You should petition the FCC to pull the license of the enemy radio
> station. I doubt, however, that the Mexican puppet government in the
> District of Criminals would act against the treasonous radio station,
> since it is the goal of our government to Mexicanize the U.S.

Next, they could ban hip hop. And then classical music. Or jazz.

There is just a tiny freedom of speech issue here.

GeekBoy

Dec 15, 2005, 11:53:52 PM12/15/05

"Blair J Kavanagh" <blair...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Those here illegally have not "right" to anything.
> Blair

David Eduardo

Dec 15, 2005, 11:53:39 PM12/15/05

"GeekBoy" <Gee...@Geeks.com> wrote in message

Why would the station care? Their listeners and advertisers would not be
interested at all.

GeekBoy

Dec 15, 2005, 11:56:57 PM12/15/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message

I am sure the advertisers would be since I am sure their customers could be
the majority of other than illegals.

David Eduardo

Dec 15, 2005, 11:56:24 PM12/15/05

"GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message

Gee, let's invent a device that makes it impossible for illegal immigrants
to listen to American radio stations...

There are about 40 million legal Hispanics in the US. Get used to it.

H. Reader

Dec 15, 2005, 11:58:07 PM12/15/05

"Blair J Kavanagh" <blair...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Frankly, Americans have a right to say anything we want. Further,
that Mexicans are here and are pining for their beloved homeland
is sickening. Let them return to it. I don't want to hear their
radio stations, their language, their laments, or their goddamned
national friggin' anthem. Screw 'em.

David Eduardo

Dec 15, 2005, 11:58:11 PM12/15/05

>>> How about providing the station so we can flood it with calls and the
>>> media.
>>
>> Why would the station care? Their listeners and advertisers would not be
>> interested at all.
>
> I am sure the advertisers would be since I am sure their customers could
> be the majority of other than illegals.

I think the station world revel in the publicity.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 12:00:40 AM12/16/05

> "Seamore Tush" <st...@asses.fire.net> wrote in message
>>I was driving to work the other night and listening to one of the
>> half-dozen Mexican music (ooh, excuuuse me, "hispanic" music)
>> stations in the area and heard them play the Mexican national
>> anthem. I used to hear it every night at midnight on the stations
>> in Mexico when I lived on the border, but this was the first time
>> I heard it played on a U.S. radio station.
>
> Although I have no idea which station this might be, rememeber that all US
> Spanish staitons are owned by Americans.

So it would be okay to go to your beloved D.F. and start an English only
radio station blaring pro US songs and having all its listens to be marching
on the Federal buildings there flying US flags demanding "rights," free
schooling in English, driver's liscense and everything else Mexican citizens
get?

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:05:00 AM12/16/05

> "David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Seamore Tush" <st...@asses.fire.net> wrote in message
>>>I was driving to work the other night and listening to one of the
>>> half-dozen Mexican music (ooh, excuuuse me, "hispanic" music)
>>> stations in the area and heard them play the Mexican national
>>> anthem. I used to hear it every night at midnight on the stations
>>> in Mexico when I lived on the border, but this was the first time
>>> I heard it played on a U.S. radio station.
>>
>> Although I have no idea which station this might be, rememeber that all
>> US Spanish staitons are owned by Americans.
>>

> So it would be okay to go to your beloved D.F. and start an English only
> radio station blaring pro US songs and having all its listens to be
> marching on the Federal buildings there flying US flags demanding
> "rights," free schooling in English, driver's liscense and everything else
> Mexican citizens get?

There have been several radio stations in English in Mexico City in the
past. All played American and British music and news for the expat and
resident community. For a while, they were very successful (60's through the
80's).

In fact, there are stations in "other than the dominant or native language"
all over the world. Even Paris has a Radio Latina, playing Spanish language
salsa and tropical sounds.

The behaviour of the listeners to a radio station is out of a radio
station's control.

jimj1...@yahoo.com

Dec 16, 2005, 12:07:45 AM12/16/05
What's American about a U.S. radio station that plays the Mexican
national anthem? It's disgusting, that's what it is.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 12:11:26 AM12/16/05

> "GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Seamore Tush" <st...@asses.fire.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Although I have no idea which station this might be, rememeber that all
>>> US Spanish staitons are owned by Americans.
>>>

>> So it would be okay to go to your beloved D.F. and start an English only
>> radio station blaring pro US songs and having all its listens to be
>> marching on the Federal buildings there flying US flags demanding
>> "rights," free schooling in English, driver's liscense and everything
>> else Mexican citizens get?
>
> There have been several radio stations in English in Mexico City in the
> past. All played American and British music and news for the expat and
> resident community. For a while, they were very successful (60's through
> the 80's).

There is a difference between a station playing music in one language for a
broad audience and another setting shop up for other language for the
benefit of a foreign group then spouting anti-host country rheteric.

> In fact, there are stations in "other than the dominant or native
> language" all over the world. Even Paris has a Radio Latina, playing
> Spanish language salsa and tropical sounds.
>
> The behaviour of the listeners to a radio station is out of a radio
> station's control.

Not when they incite it.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 12:12:04 AM12/16/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message

Not if it is bad piblicity and advertisers start pulling their ads.

jimj1...@yahoo.com

Dec 16, 2005, 12:13:30 AM12/16/05
It shows how incredibly primitive Mexicans are as evidenced by the fact
that they "love" Mexico. So.... they "love" a 3rd world cess pool of a
"country", so corrupt that it redefines the word "corrupt", a country
whos government actively encourages it's citizens to flee their country
(ie. come to the USA), a country whos economy is so bad and it's people
so poor that they must leave their county............. and this is the
same country they so long for and miss.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 12:21:15 AM12/16/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message

And over half cannot even read or speak English.

3 years ago I was at the Hipódromo de las Américas and ran into some asians
that could not speak English, but spoke their ethinic language and the
language of their host country, Spanish.

Why can't hispanics here do that?

Aluxe Locochon

Dec 16, 2005, 12:28:40 AM12/16/05

Seamore Tush wrote:
> I found it totally offensive.

Oh I am very sad to hear that, tough nuggets though. Life is tough. No
go cry to your momy if you can't deal with this little thing called
freedom of speech.

Aluxe Locochon

Dec 16, 2005, 12:40:13 AM12/16/05

>Those here illegally have not "right" to anything.

Well you think every immigrant is illegal?? Noooo, that just aint sooo
sweetcheeks. Try again

And well as long as Americans are welcoming millions of illegals by
givining them work you are going to have to accept the fact these
illegals do have rights. You guys are playing a double face game.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:42:49 AM12/16/05

<jimj1...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> What's American about a U.S. radio station that plays the Mexican
> national anthem? It's disgusting, that's what it is.

In the early 60's, I ran the control room in Cleveland for a radio station
that had many different ethnic programs on Sundays. Each started with the
anthem of the country, from Greece to Poland to Italy. No difference.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:46:20 AM12/16/05

>>> So it would be okay to go to your beloved D.F. and start an English only
>>> radio station blaring pro US songs and having all its listens to be
>>> marching on the Federal buildings there flying US flags demanding
>>> "rights," free schooling in English, driver's liscense and everything
>>> else Mexican citizens get?
>>
>> There have been several radio stations in English in Mexico City in the
>> past. All played American and British music and news for the expat and
>> resident community. For a while, they were very successful (60's through
>> the 80's).
>>

> There is a difference between a station playing music in one language for
> a broad audience and another setting shop up for other language for the
> benefit of a foreign group then spouting anti-host country rheteric.

The radio station has nothing to do with the behaviour of the listeners. In
this case, we were discussing the playing of the Mexican anthem on an
unidentified and unverified station appealing to people born in Mexico or of
Mexican heritage. The English stations in Mexico city, especially XEVIP and
then XEVIP FM, were no different except that the nations and languages were
reversed.

here are stations in "other than the dominant or native
>> language" all over the world. Even Paris has a Radio Latina, playing
>> Spanish language salsa and tropical sounds.
>>
>> The behaviour of the listeners to a radio station is out of a radio
>> station's control.
>
> Not when they incite it.

And how does playing an anthem "incite" to anything. This is pure
conjecture.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:47:08 AM12/16/05

"GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message

Which they will not do as the interest of the advertiser is to reach
consumers they can not reach elsewhere.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 12:48:53 AM12/16/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message
This reminds me , I think it was you that
mentioned in a previous post some months ago how Coca-Cola in Mexico tasted
better and Hispanics in US prefer it to US Coca-Cola because they use can
sugar instead of High-Fructose Corn Syrup. Well I
just happen to read a bottle of Coca-Cola made and bottled in Mexico. It had
written on it: High-Fructose Corn Syrup on the label.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 12:50:19 AM12/16/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message
Sure there is. It is lke learning geography and abotu history and other
things. It is about the expereince.

Not about up stirring up the natives.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 12:51:13 AM12/16/05

"Aluxe Locochon" <aluxel...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>Those here illegally have not "right" to anything.
>
> Well you think every immigrant is illegal?? Noooo, that just aint sooo
> sweetcheeks. Try again

I wrote, "those who are here ILLEGALY"

> And well as long as Americans are welcoming millions of illegals by
> givining them work you are going to have to accept the fact these
> illegals do have rights. You guys are playing a double face game.

They sure do..they gave a right to be deported.

Aluxe Locochon

Dec 16, 2005, 12:51:59 AM12/16/05

>Frankly, Americans have a right to say anything we want.

Its called freedom of speech, have a blast.

> Further, that Mexicans are here and are pining for their beloved homeland
> is sickening.

Yeah, its shocking, what extremely odd behavior. Only Mexicans, Good
point

> Let them return to it.

I am sorry but as long as Americans provide millions of Mexicans with
work they will keep on coming. Deal with it

> I don't want to hear their
> radio stations, their language, their laments, or their goddamned
> national friggin' anthem. Screw 'em

Try living in a box or moving to Antartica, good luck.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:51:59 AM12/16/05

>> There are about 40 million legal Hispanics in the US. Get used to it.
>
> And over half cannot even read or speak English.

Actual data proves otherwise. Less than 30% of Hispanics nationally are
"Spanish only" which means no or very limited English. Immigrants over our
history who came with no English have, generally, only learned basic
English, with the second generation becoming proficient and bilingual and
the third generation becoming English dominant. Language learning skills are
significantly reduced after age 10 or so. Adults have great difficulty
unless they are already bilingual or polyglot.

> 3 years ago I was at the Hipódromo de las Américas and ran into some
> asians that could not speak English, but spoke their ethinic language and
> the language of their host country, Spanish.
>
> Why can't hispanics here do that?

In Asia, business students learn languages so they can be employed in sales
and support positions internationally. this is uncommon in the US.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:54:34 AM12/16/05

>> There are about 40 million legal Hispanics in the US. Get used to it.
>>
> This reminds me , I think it was you that
> mentioned in a previous post some months ago how Coca-Cola in Mexico
> tasted
> better and Hispanics in US prefer it to US Coca-Cola because they use can
> sugar instead of High-Fructose Corn Syrup. Well I
> just happen to read a bottle of Coca-Cola made and bottled in Mexico. It
> had
> written on it: High-Fructose Corn Syrup on the label.

The bottles I bought last week in Tijuana were sweetened with cane sugar.
Probably they are using which ever is least expensive at the moment, but you
might want to look at the cases of Coke coming through the garitas to San
Diego every Saturday.

Message has been deleted

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 12:56:25 AM12/16/05

> "GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message

>>> There have been several radio stations in English in Mexico City in the
>>> past. All played American and British music and news for the expat and
>>> resident community. For a while, they were very successful (60's through
>>> the 80's).
>>>

>> There is a difference between a station playing music in one language for
>> a broad audience and another setting shop up for other language for the
>> benefit of a foreign group then spouting anti-host country rheteric.
>
> The radio station has nothing to do with the behaviour of the listeners.
> In this case, we were discussing the playing of the Mexican anthem on an
> unidentified and unverified station appealing to people born in Mexico or
> of Mexican heritage. The English stations in Mexico city, especially XEVIP
> and then XEVIP FM, were no different except that the nations and languages
> were reversed.

So you are saying the advertisements are in English geared towards people
from English speaking countries?

> here are stations in "other than the dominant or native
>>> language" all over the world. Even Paris has a Radio Latina, playing
>>> Spanish language salsa and tropical sounds.
>>>
>>> The behaviour of the listeners to a radio station is out of a radio
>>> station's control.
>>
>> Not when they incite it.
>
> And how does playing an anthem "incite" to anything. This is pure
> conjecture.

Not just an anthem, but other thing such as yoru government putting public
service anouncements on the air saying your mojarro brothers have "rights"
in this country.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:56:28 AM12/16/05

"GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message

These shows had to do with the music of each country, and were 100% in the
language of each country. I communicated with most in sign langauge. There
was no history or geography lesson in any of them, but lots of commercials
for the businesses in the respective community.

> Not about up stirring up the natives.

Nor does that happen on Spanish radio, either.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 1:00:10 AM12/16/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message

These people had coem to live in Mexico. Not illegally to take jobs.
I do wonder why they did this as it seemed not too many Mexicans had
interest in their products.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 1:00:07 AM12/16/05

> "David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message

>> The radio station has nothing to do with the behaviour of the listeners.

>> In this case, we were discussing the playing of the Mexican anthem on an
>> unidentified and unverified station appealing to people born in Mexico or
>> of Mexican heritage. The English stations in Mexico city, especially
>> XEVIP and then XEVIP FM, were no different except that the nations and
>> languages were reversed.
>
> So you are saying the advertisements are in English geared towards people
> from English speaking countries?

The entire stations were in English, directed at mostly non-Mexican
residents of Mexico City. For a while, there were several guadalajara FMs in
English targeting the American retirement communities around lake Chapala.
All the music, commercials, announcing, news, was by and for Americans.

>> And how does playing an anthem "incite" to anything. This is pure
>> conjecture.
>>>
> Not just an anthem, but other thing such as yoru government putting public
> service anouncements on the air saying your mojarro brothers have "rights"
> in this country.

My government is in Washington. What are you talking about? The Mexican
government does not run public service announcements on US radio stations.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 1:01:49 AM12/16/05

"GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message

Asians you find in Tijuana and Mexicali and Juarez and other border cities
are generally there running maquiladoras, assembling products for the US
domestic market. Products for Mexican consumption are usually made in areas
with lower wages.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 1:05:08 AM12/16/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message
These people were living in Mexico City importing goods from Asia to sell to
Mexican companies

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 1:11:01 AM12/16/05

> "GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message
>
>>> The radio station has nothing to do with the behaviour of the listeners.
>>> In this case, we were discussing the playing of the Mexican anthem on an
>>> unidentified and unverified station appealing to people born in Mexico
>>> or of Mexican heritage. The English stations in Mexico city, especially
>>> XEVIP and then XEVIP FM, were no different except that the nations and
>>> languages were reversed.
>>
>> So you are saying the advertisements are in English geared towards people
>> from English speaking countries?
>
> The entire stations were in English, directed at mostly non-Mexican
> residents of Mexico City. For a while, there were several guadalajara FMs
> in English targeting the American retirement communities around lake
> Chapala. All the music, commercials, announcing, news, was by and for
> Americans.

Did that inlcude telling those retiries and others to march in mexico city
demanding right to vote, drive, free school in English, free medical, and
free return flights back to the US for the holiday's?

>>> And how does playing an anthem "incite" to anything. This is pure
>>> conjecture.
>>>>
>> Not just an anthem, but other thing such as yoru government putting
>> public service anouncements on the air saying your mojarro brothers have
>> "rights" in this country.
>
> My government is in Washington. What are you talking about? The Mexican
> government does not run public service announcements on US radio stations.

Are you sure? There sure did have some in other publications

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 1:11:19 AM12/16/05

"GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message

Same thing. Japan stresses Spanish, which is why their companies have taken
over many important markets all over Latin America.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 1:16:20 AM12/16/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message

I guess Japan is getting desperate. Selling to all of Latin America is like
selling to all of the state Rhode Island ;-)

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 1:16:22 AM12/16/05

> "David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message
>>
>> The entire stations were in English, directed at mostly non-Mexican
>> residents of Mexico City. For a while, there were several guadalajara FMs
>> in English targeting the American retirement communities around lake
>> Chapala. All the music, commercials, announcing, news, was by and for
>> Americans.
>>>>

> Did that inlcude telling those retiries and others to march in mexico
> city demanding right to vote, drive, free school in English, free medical,
> and free return flights back to the US for the holiday's?

No Spanish station in the US does that, except, possibly, the stations owned
by the United Farm workers, which are very militant. The UFW is an American
union, however.

>> My government is in Washington. What are you talking about? The Mexican
>> government does not run public service announcements on US radio
>> stations.
>
> Are you sure? There sure did have some in other publications

If they were in print, they were not public service announcements. They were
advertisements, and paid for.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 1:19:37 AM12/16/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message

8 hours of driving just for a bottle of sugar cane cola is a bit far and
unhealthly for me

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 1:20:47 AM12/16/05

>> Same thing. Japan stresses Spanish, which is why their companies have
>> taken over many important markets all over Latin America.
>
> I guess Japan is getting desperate. Selling to all of Latin America is
> like selling to all of the state Rhode Island ;-)

Not really. As one example, NEC owns the TV station transmitter and studio
equipment market in Latin America, with about an 80% share of market.
Typical packages are in the $5 million range. There are about 4 times as
many TV stations in Latin America as in the USA. Most are beautifully
equipped... with Japanese gear.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 1:25:48 AM12/16/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message

Then how do they know when the mobile consulate office will be in town
passing out those fake IDs beside a PSA on a radio or TV station?
I have seen Univision being almost a voice for the government of Mexico
giving out free info for them. I would swear they cater to the illegals in
this county only and not the Mexican-American.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 1:28:08 AM12/16/05

>> If they were in print, they were not public service announcements. They
>> were advertisements, and paid for.
>
> Then how do they know when the mobile consulate office will be in town
> passing out those fake IDs beside a PSA on a radio or TV station?

I just told you. They are commercials. PSAs are free, and a licence
requirment.

> I have seen Univision being almost a voice for the government of Mexico
> giving out free info for them.

No, unless it is a nowsworth item, and placed in a newscast, they are paid
for, just like the Coke ads.

>I would swear they cater to the illegals in this county only and not the
>Mexican-American.

Since illegals don't get into the ratings database, this is impossible and
not true.

Aluxe Locochon

Dec 16, 2005, 1:42:33 AM12/16/05
>> Well you think every immigrant is illegal?? Noooo, that just aint sooo
>> sweetcheeks. Try again

>I wrote, "those who are here ILLEGALY"

The point is that many of those listening to the mexican radio station
are <<legal>>, so you can complain all you want but they can listen to
whatever they want. Plus the people that own the radio station might
even be American, so really as long as there is freedom of speech in
the US you are just going to have to deal with things like that.

>They sure do..they gave a right to be deported.

Get a clue, it is Americans that are hiring these millions of Mexicans.
So the first ones that are breaking the laws are Americans. Hey if
Americans do not respect their own immigration laws and welcome
millions of mexicans by hiriing them then why do you expect Mexicans to
validate those immigration laws?? And all this happening under the eyes
of the US gobernment which in some way means they are approving it. So
accept it, Americans are letting this happen. Look soon there will be
a guest worker prgogram and the only difference will be that the
millions of illegals will now be legal. Will that make you guys shut
up?? Yup, get used to hearing lots of Mexican radio in the US. Many
industries in the US <<depend>> on immigrants labor, I mean crop
growers are even threatening at this moment that the whole agriculture
industry in the US could collapse due to a shortage of labor. Its in
the news everywhere right now, do a search and you will see. Oh and the
healthcare excuse also went down the drain when a recent study pointed
out that immigrants get by far much less healthcare benefits than other
Americans. To top this there is a new study that confirms some of the
conclusions from old studies done by the National Research Council and
the Academy of Science where they point out that immigrants in the end
leave a net benefit to to the American Economy.
http://www.labor.ca.gov/panel/impactimmcaecon.pdf

So you see all the things them hicks and rednecks complaain about are
all turning out to be over exagerated, false and in many cases the
opposite of what the racists actually claim. So now the dumb hicks are
suddenly claiming they are enviromentalists (hahahahahahahaha) that are
concerned about the damage to nature from overpopulation. I agree that
the environment should be taken care of, that is <<<a great reason>>>.
But the dumb racists suddenly claiming they care about the environment
is actually hilarious.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 1:42:52 AM12/16/05

> "GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> If they were in print, they were not public service announcements. They
>>> were advertisements, and paid for.
>>
>> Then how do they know when the mobile consulate office will be in town
>> passing out those fake IDs beside a PSA on a radio or TV station?
>
> I just told you. They are commercials. PSAs are free, and a licence
> requirment.

free or paid for they are still anouncements for the Mexican government

>> I have seen Univision being almost a voice for the government of Mexico
>> giving out free info for them.
>
> No, unless it is a nowsworth item, and placed in a newscast, they are paid
> for, just like the Coke ads.

Do you ever watch Univision? I have to endure that blasted channel almost
everyday.
Then it so happens that almost every news bit has something to do with the
illegals in this country.
Whether its news affecting them, news about illegals in general or just
information I see it is geared toward illegals.

The only time I see non-illegal news bits are some really big breaking news.

I remember 2 months ago I saw on the "news" they showed a Greyhound bus in a
fender-bender accident on the highway. That accident did not even make local
news coverage.
Why did it make Univision news? Go to any bus station in California and see
90% illegals in the bus stations.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 1:46:15 AM12/16/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message
Because there were retrictions on how many stations a company could own in
the US.
That was eliminated.

ensenadajim

Dec 16, 2005, 1:55:59 AM12/16/05
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 03:38:19 GMT, Seamore Tush <st...@asses.fire.net>
wrote:

>I was driving to work the other night and listening to one of the
>half-dozen Mexican music (ooh, excuuuse me, "hispanic" music)
>stations in the area and heard them play the Mexican national
>anthem. I used to hear it every night at midnight on the stations
>in Mexico when I lived on the border, but this was the first time
>I heard it played on a U.S. radio station.

What radio station and city?

>I found it totally offensive. It might have been appropriate at
>some local soccer game between a team from Mexico and one from
>the USA, or perhaps some diplomatic function, but not on American
>radio.

In this situation: a bi-national soccer game, it would be 100%
appropriate.

>This is the USA, not a colony of Mexico. I don't mind
>the Mexicans at all, but they are here because this is NOT Mexico,
>their patriotism was not sufficient to keep them in Mexico and
>they chose to leave their precious country so they could work.

So what was the situation? Signing off for the night? Or did something
transpire immediately before that playing that would put this in
context. Or immediately after? For that matter, a lot of Mexican
stations that get into the USA do 100% of their programming in
English. You only hear the Mexican Anthem and Spanish at sign-on and
sign-off.

>This is similar to that billboard flap earlier this year when a
>Mexican (ooh, excuuuuse me, "hispanic") television station in
>Los Angeles had a billboard that said something like "Noticias
> - Los Angeles, [California crossed out] Mexico".

Not even close except in a bigot's mind.

jim

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 2:04:08 AM12/16/05

> "David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message

anouncements for the Mexican government

>>> I have seen Univision being almost a voice for the government of Mexico
>>> giving out free info for them.
>>
>> No, unless it is a nowsworth item, and placed in a newscast, they are
>> paid for, just like the Coke ads.
>
> Do you ever watch Univision?

I have a real good idea of what Univision does. They do not give these
announcements away. They are ads, not PSAs.

> I have to endure that blasted channel almost everyday.

Good.. I hope Nielsen asks you about it.

> Then it so happens that almost every news bit has something to do with the
> illegals in this country.

It is a newsworth topic in the Hispanic community, whether the person is
legal or not.

> Whether its news affecting them, news about illegals in general or just
> information I see it is geared toward illegals.

There is no news geared towards illegals. Illegals do not particpate in
ratings. The news is geared at Spanish speakin Hispanics.

> The only time I see non-illegal news bits are some really big breaking
> news.
>
> I remember 2 months ago I saw on the "news" they showed a Greyhound bus in
> a fender-bender accident on the highway. That accident did not even make
> local news coverage.

The item was deemed relevant by the staiton's news director. If it was the
accident North of LA, then the story was on every channel and even English
all news radio. What market are you commenting on?

> Why did it make Univision news? Go to any bus station in California and
> see 90% illegals in the bus stations.

I can not tell the difference between a legal and an illegal. ow do you do
it?

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 2:06:00 AM12/16/05

"GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message

No, it was changed. There are still limits, based on percentage of
households covered. There was no change int he total number of TV stations
based on ownership rule changes.

That has nothing to do with the number of stations. The US has fewer
stations because the spectrum will not allow any more in a small geographic
area. Brazil has almost as many stations.

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 2:27:03 AM12/16/05

> "GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message
>>>
> anouncements for the Mexican government

>>> No, unless it is a nowsworth item, and placed in a newscast, they are
>>> paid for, just like the Coke ads.
>>
>> Do you ever watch Univision?
>
> I have a real good idea of what Univision does. They do not give these
> announcements away. They are ads, not PSAs.

However youc all it they are still announcements for the people and not
selling or marketing a product or service for profit.

>> I have to endure that blasted channel almost everyday.
>
> Good.. I hope Nielsen asks you about it.

Yes I can tell them al about those stupid Novelas they show everyday... "La
Esposa Virgen," "Piel de Otono," "Soñar no cuesta nada"
and lets not forget the even more stupid gossip shows "Escándalo TV" and "El
Gordo y la Flaca"

>> Then it so happens that almost every news bit has something to do with
>> the illegals in this country.
>
> It is a newsworth topic in the Hispanic community, whether the person is
> legal or not.

Now when 90% all their news is all about illegal topics.

>> Whether its news affecting them, news about illegals in general or just
>> information I see it is geared toward illegals.
>
> There is no news geared towards illegals. Illegals do not particpate in
> ratings. The news is geared at Spanish speakin Hispanics.
>>
>> The only time I see non-illegal news bits are some really big breaking
>> news.
>>
>> I remember 2 months ago I saw on the "news" they showed a Greyhound bus
>> in a fender-bender accident on the highway. That accident did not even
>> make local news coverage.
>
> The item was deemed relevant by the staiton's news director. If it was the
> accident North of LA, then the story was on every channel and even English
> all news radio. What market are you commenting on?

Sacramento

>> Why did it make Univision news? Go to any bus station in California and
>> see 90% illegals in the bus stations.
>
> I can not tell the difference between a legal and an illegal. ow do you do
> it?

Easy. There are night clubs in Mexico. I know well these night clubs are set
up according to social staus. Do you think a peasant will be able to enter
a night club were people driving Mercede Benz are able to enter?

They know the social status of the person trying to enter the club by their
appearance, demeanor, clothing style and way they talk.
The US does not have an open door policy to let all if latin amercan in the
country.

In fact there is no immigration from Latin america to the US like other
countries have. so where are they coming from?

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 2:48:22 AM12/16/05

> "David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message
>>>>
>> anouncements for the Mexican government

>>> Do you ever watch Univision?
>>
>> I have a real good idea of what Univision does. They do not give these
>> announcements away. They are ads, not PSAs.
>
> However youc all it they are still announcements for the people and not
> selling or marketing a product or service for profit.

Whatevery _you_ call it, they are paid commericals. No different from any
other paid commercial as far as the TV staiton or network is concerned.

>> It is a newsworth topic in the Hispanic community, whether the person is
>> legal or not.
>>
> Now when 90% all their news is all about illegal topics.

It's not. I just checked with the news director of one Univision channel,
and there are many days when there are no immigration based issues in the
news. Generally, as he said, the news comes form non-Hispanic things, like
legislation or the activities of the Minutemen.

>> The item was deemed relevant by the staiton's news director. If it was
>> the accident North of LA, then the story was on every channel and even
>> English all news radio. What market are you commenting on?
>>
> Sacramento

That is a small market for Univision. Most Hispanics in Sacramento are
English dominant.

>> I can not tell the difference between a legal and an illegal. ow do you
>> do it?
>
> Easy. There are night clubs in Mexico. I know well these night clubs are
> set up according to social staus. Do you think a peasant will be able to
> enter a night club were people driving Mercede Benz are able to enter?

So anyone who is working class is illegal? That is a stereotype, not a
reality. There are plenty of illegals in theUS with college degrees, even
doctorates. And you can not tell one working class person from another
insofar as legal status is concerned.

> They know the social status of the person trying to enter the club by
> their appearance, demeanor, clothing style and way they talk.
> The US does not have an open door policy to let all if latin amercan in
> the country.
>
> In fact there is no immigration from Latin america to the US like other
> countries have. so where are they coming from?

Funny, but in NY, the majority of immigrants are from the Dominican
Republic, Colombia and Ecuador. Not Mexico. In LA, 30% of the Hispanic
immigrants are from Central and South America.

Blair Kavanagh

Dec 16, 2005, 3:44:40 AM12/16/05
>Seamore Tush wrote:
>I was driving to work the other night and listening to one of the
>half-dozen Mexican music (ooh, excuuuse me, "hispanic" music)
>stations in the area and heard them play the Mexican national
>anthem. I used to hear it every night at midnight on the stations
>in Mexico when I lived on the border, but this was the first time
>I heard it played on a U.S. radio station.

>I found it totally offensive. It might have been appropriate at

>some local soccer game between a team from Mexico and one from
>the USA, or perhaps some diplomatic function, but not on American

>radio. This is the USA, not a colony of Mexico. I don't mind

>the Mexicans at all, but they are here because this is NOT Mexico,
>their patriotism was not sufficient to keep them in Mexico and
>they chose to leave their precious country so they could work.

>This is similar to that billboard flap earlier this year when a

>Mexican (ooh, excuuuuse me, "hispanic") television station in
>Los Angeles had a billboard that said something like "Noticias
> - Los Angeles, [California crossed out] Mexico".

I think you guy's are getting carried away here.

The US anthem is played overseas on radio stations that have a
designated US audience. Its no big deal.

Stick with the program, so to speak, and keep your focus on the main
picture. That is people coming to the US with no official approval from
the INS. Put some pressure on the great GWB, as it is him and his
buddies who are benefiting the most.

Lay off those who identify with the Hispanic culture and are here
legally. They have the right to listen to anything they wish, and if
they are a bit homesick and/or nostalgic for thier old country and the
Mexican Anthem is played then good luck to them. You have no right to
tell them what to listen to and what not to.

Blair

Blair Kavanagh

Dec 16, 2005, 3:52:30 AM12/16/05
C'mon Seamore and GeekBoy, be honest here!

You guy's vote for GWB don't you!

There is no point trying to deny it now, he loves illegal immigration
from Latin America and has done nothing to stop it but plenty to
encourage it! He is your man.

Blair

GeekBoy

Dec 16, 2005, 10:46:25 AM12/16/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message

Would not legislation for immigration, border and illegals be one of the
illegal topics?
Also activities of the minutemen? SHow what they are doing so the current
illegals can call down to Mexico and warn their brothers when crossing?

>>> The item was deemed relevant by the staiton's news director. If it was
>>> the accident North of LA, then the story was on every channel and even
>>> English all news radio. What market are you commenting on?
>>>
>> Sacramento
>
> That is a small market for Univision. Most Hispanics in Sacramento are
> English dominant.

Guess you have not been here in a long time. Little Mexicos are sprouting up
all over the US.

>>> I can not tell the difference between a legal and an illegal. ow do you
>>> do it?
>>
>> Easy. There are night clubs in Mexico. I know well these night clubs are
>> set up according to social staus. Do you think a peasant will be able to
>> enter a night club were people driving Mercede Benz are able to enter?
>
> So anyone who is working class is illegal? That is a stereotype, not a
> reality. There are plenty of illegals in theUS with college degrees, even
> doctorates. And you can not tell one working class person from another
> insofar as legal status is concerned.

No stereo type. The US just does not let anyone from Latin America immigrate
here anymore.

There has to be a reason.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 10:54:58 AM12/16/05

>>> Now when 90% all their news is all about illegal topics.
>>
>> It's not. I just checked with the news director of one Univision channel,
>> and there are many days when there are no immigration based issues in the
>> news. Generally, as he said, the news comes form non-Hispanic things,
>> like legislation or the activities of the Minutemen.
>>

> Would not legislation for immigration, border and illegals be one of the
> illegal topics?

It is relevant to all Hispanics. As I said, Illegals do not get measured for
ratings so this is irrelevant.

> Also activities of the minutemen? SHow what they are doing so the current
> illegals can call down to Mexico and warn their brothers when crossing?

I am sure the coyotes know more than the newspeople on TV in Sacramento.
Your premise fails based on accuracy and timeliness.

>> That is a small market for Univision. Most Hispanics in Sacramento are
>> English dominant.
>
> Guess you have not been here in a long time. Little Mexicos are sprouting
> up all over the US.

I have been there in the last few weeks. It is one of the lowest markets in
terms of the use of Spanish by local Hispanics. Univision sold its radio
staiton there because the market is so limited.

Zerge

Dec 16, 2005, 10:55:58 AM12/16/05

Seamore Tush wrote:
> I was driving to work the other night and listening to one of the
> half-dozen Mexican music (ooh, excuuuse me, "hispanic" music)
> stations in the area and heard them play the Mexican national
> anthem. I used to hear it every night at midnight on the stations
> in Mexico when I lived on the border, but this was the first time
> I heard it played on a U.S. radio station.
>
> I found it totally offensive.

Don't. It's just music. If I ever hear the Star Spangled Banner here in
Mexico in the radio, I won't throw a fit. I may even hum along, it's a
good song :)

It might have been appropriate at
> some local soccer game between a team from Mexico and one from
> the USA, or perhaps some diplomatic function, but not on American
> radio. This is the USA, not a colony of Mexico. I don't mind
> the Mexicans at all, but they are here because this is NOT Mexico,
> their patriotism was not sufficient to keep them in Mexico and
> they chose to leave their precious country so they could work.
>
> This is similar to that billboard flap earlier this year when a
> Mexican (ooh, excuuuuse me, "hispanic") television station in
> Los Angeles had a billboard that said something like "Noticias
> - Los Angeles, [California crossed out] Mexico".

Now THAT was offensive.

David Goldberg

Dec 16, 2005, 11:26:17 AM12/16/05

Seamore Tush wrote:

> I was driving to work the other night and listening to one of the
> half-dozen Mexican music (ooh, excuuuse me, "hispanic" music)
> stations in the area and heard them play the Mexican national
> anthem. I used to hear it every night at midnight on the stations
> in Mexico when I lived on the border, but this was the first time
> I heard it played on a U.S. radio station.
>
> I found it totally offensive.

Then change the channel.

--
"If you think health care is expensive now, wait until it's free."
~P.J. O'Rourke

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Seamore Tush

Dec 16, 2005, 12:02:07 PM12/16/05
GeekBoy wrote...
>>Although I have no idea which station this might be, rememeber that all US
>>Spanish staitons are owned by Americans.
>>

> So it would be okay to go to your beloved D.F. and start an English only
> radio station blaring pro US songs and having all its listens to be marching
> on the Federal buildings there flying US flags demanding "rights," free
> schooling in English, driver's liscense and everything else Mexican citizens
> get?

There are English-only station in Mexico, I used to listen to one out
of Nuevo Laredo, it played mostly 1980s music and it also played the
Mexican national anthem at midnight, even though its target audience
was Americans they never once played the U.S. national anthem.

Seamore Tush

Dec 16, 2005, 12:16:10 PM12/16/05
jimj1...@yahoo.com wrote...
> It shows how incredibly primitive Mexicans are as evidenced by the fact
> that they "love" Mexico. So.... they "love" a 3rd world cess pool of a
> "country", so corrupt that it redefines the word "corrupt", a country
> whos government actively encourages it's citizens to flee their country
> (ie. come to the USA), a country whos economy is so bad and it's people
> so poor that they must leave their county............. and this is the
> same country they so long for and miss.

You're being a bit harsh, remember it is their homeland. You need to
separate the country of Mexico from its government. The Mexican
people didn't choose their government, it was imposed on them by the
wealthy elite who have controlled Mexico since the Spanish conquest.

One interesting thing about Mexicans is their extremely strong sense
of ethnic identity. Even those whose families have been here for
generations still identify themselves as "Mexican," you here that
term much more often than "Mexican-American." The ones actually from
Mexico are called "chilangos." I also hear references to "la raza,"
one white Mexican was being teased for being a güero and not a real
member of la raza like the others.

I probably shouldn't have crossposted this thread to the immigration
group, you guys can get pretty nasty. If you actually lived and
worked around Mexicans you would have more respect for them.

Seamore Tush

Dec 16, 2005, 12:20:44 PM12/16/05
Aluxe Locochon wrote...

> Seamore Tush wrote:
>
>>I found it totally offensive.
>

> Oh I am very sad to hear that, tough nuggets though. Life is tough. No
> go cry to your momy if you can't deal with this little thing called
> freedom of speech.

I do believe in freedom of speech, I never said the radio station should
be penalized, just that it was offensive. BTW, I am a firm believer in
reciprocity, so anything Mexicans get to do in America, Americans should
get to do in Mexico. So I should be able to move to Mexico and work
there, I should be able to get a Mexican driver's license, if I had kids
they should get free schooling, and English-language radio stations
should be able to play the U.S. national anthem. Oh, and of course if I
ever got Mexican citizenship and voting rights, will Mexico print ballots
in English for my convenience? Does Mexico allow any of these things,
or is our generosity a one-way street?

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:30:27 PM12/16/05

> Aluxe Locochon wrote...
>> Seamore Tush wrote:
>>
>>>I found it totally offensive.
>>

>> Oh I am very sad to hear that, tough nuggets though. Life is tough. No
>> go cry to your momy if you can't deal with this little thing called
>> freedom of speech.
>
> I do believe in freedom of speech, I never said the radio station should
> be penalized, just that it was offensive. BTW, I am a firm believer in
> reciprocity, so anything Mexicans get to do in America, Americans should
> get to do in Mexico. So I should be able to move to Mexico and work
> there, I should be able to get a Mexican driver's license, if I had kids
> they should get free schooling, and English-language radio stations
> should be able to play the U.S. national anthem.

All of tis is possible. You think the hundreds of thousands of expats there
don't have driver licences? Of course, anyone with a spare dollar would put
their kids in private schools.

> Oh, and of course if I
> ever got Mexican citizenship and voting rights, will Mexico print ballots
> in English for my convenience?

You mean the way they do bllots in indegenous languages already? Were there
enough people who needed this, it is likely they would institute it. At
present, the monolingual English-speaking-only citizen population is
probably pretty close to zero.

> Does Mexico allow any of these things,
> or is our generosity a one-way street?

The ones that are applicable to the conditions, demographics and such of
Mexico are offered.

In general, there is no "reciprocity" in laws between countries, and each
nation makes the ones that apply to local conditions.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:31:52 PM12/16/05

"Graphic Queen" <xxx...@xxx.xxx.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 04:52:50 GMT, "David Eduardo"
> <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote:
>

>>"Iconoclast" <Icono...@tiscali.co.za> wrote in message
>>
>>> You should petition the FCC to pull the license of the enemy radio
>>> station. I doubt, however, that the Mexican puppet government in the
>>> District of Criminals would act against the treasonous radio station,
>>> since it is the goal of our government to Mexicanize the U.S.
>>
>>Next, they could ban hip hop. And then classical music. Or jazz.
>>
>>There is just a tiny freedom of speech issue here.
>>
> Nope.

There is, aside form indecency, no control, censorship or regulation of
radio or TV programming content in the USA because such do not, have not and
will not meet constitutional challenges.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:39:08 PM12/16/05

> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 05:51:59 GMT, "David Eduardo"
> <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote:
>

>>"GeekBoy" <Geek...@geekier.com> wrote in message

>>> And over half cannot even read or speak English.
>>
>>Actual data proves otherwise. Less than 30% of Hispanics nationally are
>>"Spanish only" which means no or very limited English. Immigrants over our
>>history who came with no English have, generally, only learned basic
>>English, with the second generation becoming proficient and bilingual and
>>the third generation becoming English dominant. Language learning skills
>>are
>>significantly reduced after age 10 or so. Adults have great difficulty
>>unless they are already bilingual or polyglot.
>
> LIAR of course because way more than 30% are Spanish speaking only and
> most of the people in here know it. Only the illegal lovers like David
> would say differently.

I did not say the folks who speal English do not ALSO speak Spanish. About
60% to 70% of US Hispanics indicate at least some Spanish proficiency,
depending on the region or city. The fact is, the second generation is
English speaking, eirregardless of whether they know Spanish or not.

I said that 30% or less are "Spanish only" which means they have limited or
no English skills. The rest have English _and_ Spanish invarying degrees. It
_is_ possible to know and use more than one langauge at the same time.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:41:44 PM12/16/05

> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 05:42:49 GMT, "David Eduardo"
> <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote:
>

>><jimj1...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> What's American about a U.S. radio station that plays the Mexican
>>> national anthem? It's disgusting, that's what it is.
>>
>>In the early 60's, I ran the control room in Cleveland for a radio station
>>that had many different ethnic programs on Sundays. Each started with the
>>anthem of the country, from Greece to Poland to Italy. No difference.
>>
> Oh here we go again with David telling us how the Hispanics are
> assimilating as well as the other immigrants. In the first place that
> is a complete and utter LIE. And there is no reason to go any further
> because David lies when it comes to Hispanics and this country.

There are all kinds of statistics on language usage, many from the private
sector, and all of which yield similar results. I have posted them in the
past, and mentioned that such data is "good enough" for advertisers,
marketers and businesses to spend billions of dollars based on this data.

pomp...@hotmail.com

Dec 16, 2005, 12:43:11 PM12/16/05

Just because you are ignorant does not excuse your stoopid statements.
You can easily work in Mexico with a businessman's visa; it costs maybe
50 bucks and you get it in minutes at any of the border crossings.
Driver's license? No problema. I've taken many a gringo down to the
transito office to get one, no big deal. Yes, your kids, if born in
Mexico would be entitled to free schooling. And no, we don't teach
cretinism (creationism) there, its a religion free education, thank
God! I don't know about printing the ballot in English but since we
have so many folks that can't read or write the ballots have the logos
of the parties running. You cross out the logo you want to vote for.
English radio stations are plentiful, just look for them on your radio.
What the fuck you mean by "your generosity"? The mojados earn
everything they get, they work their asses off. So fuck you and your
"generosity", there is no such, its all a business transaction.

David Eduardo

Dec 16, 2005, 12:47:28 PM12/16/05

"Seamore Tush" <st...@asses.fire.net> wrote in message

There are dozens of Mexican stations on the US border which program in
English, mostly for the US side. Mexican law allows broadcast in English,
with little control of content.

Alcibiades

Dec 16, 2005, 1:53:31 PM12/16/05
On 16 Dec 2005 09:43:11 -0800, pomp...@hotmail.com wrote:
>English radio stations are plentiful, just look for them on your radio.
> What the fuck you mean by "your generosity"? The mojados earn
>everything they get, they work their asses off. So fuck you and your
>"generosity", there is no such, its all a business transaction.

It is a business transaction involving a fraudulent party.

ral...@netscape.net

Dec 16, 2005, 2:03:37 PM12/16/05
> Do you ever watch Univision? I have to endure that blasted channel almost
everyday.

Hey, pst, boy, in your T.V. set there must be a small button labeled
"power", press it, and guess what, Univision will be gone, try it
sometime.

pomp...@hotmail.com

Dec 16, 2005, 3:01:14 PM12/16/05
Both parties are fraudulent if you want to get technical.

Message has been deleted

Alcibiades

Dec 16, 2005, 3:46:54 PM12/16/05
On 16 Dec 2005 12:01:14 -0800, pomp...@hotmail.com wrote:

>Both parties are fraudulent if you want to get technical.

In fact, but not technically. The employer is barred from producing
evidence that he is permitting a fraud.

tooly

Dec 16, 2005, 7:28:26 PM12/16/05

"Blair J Kavanagh" <blair...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>I think you guy's are getting carried away here.
>
> The US anthem is played overseas on radio stations that have a
> designated US audience. Its no big deal.
>
> Stick with the program, so to speak, and keep your focus on the main
> picture. That is people coming to the US with no official approval from
> the INS. Put some pressure on the great GWB, as it is him and his
> buddies who are benefiting the most.
>
> Lay off those who identify with the Hispanic culture and are here
> legally. They have the right to listen to anything they wish, and if
> they are a bit homesick and/or nostalgic for thier old country and the
> Mexican Anthem is played then good luck to them. You have no right to
> tell them what to listen to and what not to.
>
> Blair

We are in the midst of a culture war. National Anthems are akin to national
flags and wherever they are planted, it is a symbolic claim of territory.
The border issue is only a 'sub-heading' of the greater theater of war, one
in which we have some 'direct' recourse under present law. But don't kid
yourself that that struggle stops where written law does not cover.

GeekBoy

Dec 17, 2005, 12:01:19 AM12/17/05

> Yep!! I always laugh at people who don't seem to be able to change
> channels or turn something OFF.

Not when the "boss" is watching it ;-)

Iconoclast

Dec 17, 2005, 1:11:20 PM12/17/05

> "Iconoclast" <Icono...@tiscali.co.za> wrote in message
>
>> You should petition the FCC to pull the license of the enemy radio
>> station. I doubt, however, that the Mexican puppet government in the
>> District of Criminals would act against the treasonous radio station,
>> since it is the goal of our government to Mexicanize the U.S.
>
> Next, they could ban hip hop. And then classical music. Or jazz.
>
> There is just a tiny freedom of speech issue here.

During the Cold War we never would have allowed Radio Moscow or Radio Havana
to broadcast from Florida. In World War II, nobody would have gotten away
with playing the Japanese national anthem in San Francisco.

"I have proudly affirmed that the Mexican nation extends beyond the
territory enclosed by its borders and that Mexican migrants are an
important - a very important - part of this." This statement wasn't made in
secrecy behind closed doors. It wasn't said outside the jurisdiction of the
United States of America. None other than Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo
spoke it in Chicago on July 23, 1997.

"We are practicing La Reconquista in California." --Jose Pescador Osuna,
Mexican Consul General

H. Reader

Dec 18, 2005, 2:46:27 AM12/18/05

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message news:ttsof.33640$dO2....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...

> <jimj1...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1134709665.2...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> What's American about a U.S. radio station that plays the Mexican
>> national anthem? It's disgusting, that's what it is.
>
> In the early 60's, I ran the control room in Cleveland for a radio station that had many different ethnic
> programs on Sundays. Each started with the anthem of the country, from Greece to Poland to Italy. No difference.

Millions upon millions of Greeks, Poles, and Italians weren't residing illegally
in Cleveland and claiming that it was Greek, Polish, or Italian territory. Mexicans
have been invading this country for decades. Their anthem is obnoxious and
the assertion of their nationalism. And you, of course, spin it as something
innocent and normal. You're transparent, Davo.

AnimasT...@hotmail.com

Dec 18, 2005, 10:24:13 PM12/18/05
Himno Nacional Mexicano

Coro
Mexicanos, al grito de guerra
el acero aprestad y el bridón,
y retiemble en sus centros la tierra
al sonoro rugir del cañón.

ESTROFA I
Ciña ¡oh Patria! tus sienes de oliva
de la paz el arcángel divino,
que en el cielo tu eterno destino,
por el dedo de Dios se escribió;
Mas si osare un extraño enemigo,
profanar con su planta tu suelo,
piensa ¡oh Patria querida! que el cielo
un soldado en cada hijo te dió.
Coro

ESTROFA II
En sangrientos combates los viste
por tu amor palpitando sus senos,
arrostrar la metralla serenos,
y la muerte o la gloria buscar.
Si el recuerdo de antiguas hazañas
de tus hijos inflama la mente,
los laureles del triunfo, tu frente
volverán inmortales a ornar.
Coro

ESTROFA III
Como al golpe del rayo la encina
se derrumba hasta el hondo torrente,
la discordia vencida, impotente,
a los pies del arcángel cayó;
Ya no más de tus hijos la sangre
se derrame en contienda de hermanos
sólo encuentra el acero en tus manos
quien tu nombre sagrado insultó.
Coro

ESTROFA IV
Del guerrero inmortal de Zempoala
te defienda la espada terrible,
y sostiene su brazo invencible
tu sagrado pendón tricolor;
El será el feliz mexicano
en la paz y en la guerra el caudillo,
porque él supo sus armas de brillo
circundar en los campos de honor.
Coro

ESTROFA V
¡Guerra, guerra sin tregua al que intente
de la patria manchar los blasones!
¡Guerra, guerra! Los patrios pendones
en las olas de sangre empapad:
¡Guerra, guerra! En el monte, en el valle
los cañones horrísonos truenen,
y los ecos sonoros resuenen
con las voces de ¡Unión! ¡Libertad!
Coro

ESTROFA VI
Antes, patria, que inermes tus hijos
bajo el yugo su cuello dobleguen,
tus campiñas con sangre se rieguen,
sobre sangre se estampe su pie;
Y tus templos, palacios y torres
se derrumben con hórrido estruendo,
y tus ruinas existan diciendo:
de mil héroes la Patria aquí fue.
Coro

ESTROFA VII
Si a la lid contra hueste enemiga
nos convoca la trompa guerrera,
de Iturbide la sacra bandera
¡Mexicanos! valientes seguid:
Y a los fieros bridones les sirvan
las vencidas enseñas de alfombra;
los laureles del triunfo den sombra
a la frente del bravo adalid.
Coro

ESTROFA VIII
Vuelva altivo a los patrios hogares
el guerrero a contar su victoria,
ostentando las palmas de gloria
que supiera en la lid conquistar:
Tornáranse sus lauros sangrientos
en guirnaldas de mirtos y rosas,
que el amor de las hijas y esposas
también sabe a los bravos premiar.
Coro

ESTROFA IX
Y el que al golpe de ardiente metralla
de la patria en las aras sucumba,
obtendrá en recompensa una tumba
donde brille de gloria la luz:
Y de Iguala la enseña querida
a su espada sangrienta enlazada,
de laurel inmortal coronada,
formará de su fosa la cruz.
Coro

ESTROFA X
¡Patria! ¡Patria! tus hijos te juran
exhalar en tus aras su aliento,
si el clarín con su bélico acento,
los convoca a lidiar con valor:
¡Para ti las guirnaldas de oliva!
¡Un recuerdo para ellos de gloria!
¡Un laurel para ti de victoria!
¡Un sepulcro para ellos de honor!
Coro

Inicio

2.- Letra Oficial del Himno Nacional Mexicano

CORO
Mexicanos, al grito de guerra
El acero aprestad y el bridón,
y retiemble en sus centros la tierra.
Al sonoro rugir del cañón.

Ciña ¡oh patria! tus sienes de oliva
De la paz el arcángel divino,
Que en el cielo tu eterno destino
Por el dedo de Dios se escribió.

Más si osare un extraño enemigo
Profanar con su planta tu suelo,
Piensa ¡oh Patria querida! que el cielo
Un soldado en cada hijo te dio.

CORO

II
¡Guerra, guerra sin tregua al que intente
De la patria manchar los blasones!
¡Guerra, guerra! Los patrios pendones
En las olas de sangre empapad.

¡Guerra, guerra! En el monte, en el valle
Los cañones horrísonos truenen,
Y los ecos sonoros resuenen
Con las voces de ¡Unión! ¡Libertad!

CORO

III
Antes, patria, que inermes tus hijos
Bajo el yugo su cuello dobleguen,
Tus campiñas con sangre se rieguen,
Sobre sangre se estampe su pie.

Y tus templos, palacios y torres
Se derrumben con hórrido estruendo,
Y sus ruinas existan diciendo:
De mil héroes la patria aquí fue.

CORO

IV
¡Patria! ¡Patria! Tus hijos te juran
Exhalar en tus aras su aliento,
Si el clarín con su bélico acento
nos convoca a lidiar con valor.

¡Para ti las guirnaldas de oliva!
¡Un recuerdo para ellos de gloria!
¡Un laurel para ti de victoria!
¡Un sepulcro para ellos de honor!

CORO
Mexicanos al grito de guerra
El acero aprestad y el bridón,
y retiemble en sus centros la tierra.
Al sonoro rugir del cañón.

Inicio

3.- Letra de la versión corta del Himno Nacional Mexicano

CORO
Mexicanos, al grito de guerra
El acero aprestad y el bridón,
Y retiemble en sus centros la tierra
Al sonoro rugir del cañón,
Y retiemble en sus centros la tierra
Al sonoro rugir del cañón.

ESTROFA I
Ciña ¡oh patria! tus sienes de oliva
De la paz el arcangel divino,
[...]

===================================

Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, now conceals, now discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines on the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! O long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wiped out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
>From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heaven-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

REFRAIN

Aux armes, citoyens !

Formez vos bataillons !

Marchons, marchons !

Qu'un sang impur...

Abreuve nos sillons !

COUPLETS

Allons ! Enfants de la Patrie !

Le jour de gloire est arrivé !

Contre nous de la tyrannie,

L'étendard sanglant est levé ! (Bis)

Entendez-vous dans les campagnes

Mugir ces féroces soldats ?

Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras

Égorger vos fils, vos compagnes.

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

II

Que veut cette horde d'esclaves,

De traîtres, de rois conjurés ?

Pour qui ces ignobles entraves,

Ces fers dès longtemps préparés ? (Bis)

Français ! Pour nous, ah ! Quel outrage !

Quels transports il doit exciter ;

C'est nous qu'on ose méditer

De rendre à l'antique esclavage !

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

III

Quoi ! Des cohortes étrangères

Feraient la loi dans nos foyers !

Quoi ! Des phalanges mercenaires

Terrasseraient nos fiers guerriers ! (Bis)

Dieu ! Nos mains seraient enchaînées !

Nos fronts sous le joug se ploieraient !

De vils despotes deviendraient

Les maîtres de nos destinées !

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

IV

Tremblez, tyrans et vous, perfides,

L'opprobre de tous les partis !

Tremblez ! Vos projets parricides

Vont enfin recevoir leur prix. (Bis)

Tout est soldat pour vous combattre.

S'ils tombent, nos jeunes héros,

La terre en produira de nouveaux

Contre vous tout prêt à se battre.

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

Français, en guerriers magnanimes

Portons ou retenons nos coups !

Épargnons ces tristes victimes,

A regret, s'armant contre nous ! (Bis)

Mais ce despote sanguinaire !

Mais ces complices de Bouillé !

Tous ces tigres qui, sans pitié,

Déchirent le sein de leur mère !

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

VI

Amour sacré de la Patrie

Conduis, soutiens nos bras vengeurs !

Liberté ! Liberté chérie,

Combats avec tes défenseurs ! (Bis)

Sous nos drapeaux que la Victoire

Accoure à tes mâles accents !

Que tes ennemis expirants

Voient ton triomphe et notre gloire !

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

VII

Peuple français, connais ta gloire ;

Couronné par l'Égalité,

Quel triomphe, quelle victoire,

D'avoir conquis la Liberté ! (Bis)

Le Dieu qui lance le tonnerre

Et qui commande aux éléments,

Pour exterminer les tyrans,

Se sert de ton bras sur la terre.

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

VIII

Nous avons de la tyrannie

Repoussé les derniers efforts ;

De nos climats, elle est bannie ;

Chez les Français les rois sont morts. (Bis)

Vive à jamais la République !

Anathème à la royauté !

Que ce refrain, partout porté,

Brave des rois la politique.

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

IX

La France que l'Europe admire

A reconquis la Liberté

Et chaque citoyen respire

Sous les lois de l'Égalité ; (Bis)

Un jour son image chérie

S'étendra sur tout l'univers.

Peuples, vous briserez vos fers

Et vous aurez une Patrie !

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

Foulant aux pieds les droits de l'Homme,

Les soldatesques légions

Des premiers habitants de Rome

Asservirent les nations. (Bis)

Un projet plus grand et plus sage

Nous engage dans les combats

Et le Français n'arme son bras

Que pour détruire l'esclavage.

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

XI

Oui ! Déjà d'insolents despotes

Et la bande des émigrés

Faisant la guerre aux Sans-Culottes

Par nos armes sont altérés ; (Bis)

Vainement leur espoir se fonde

Sur le fanatisme irrité,

Le signe de la Liberté

Fera bientôt le tour du monde.

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

XII

O vous ! Que la gloire environne,

Citoyens, illustres guerriers,

Craignez, dans les champs de Bellone,

Craignez de flétrir vos lauriers ! (Bis)

Aux noirs soupçons inaccessibles

Envers vos chefs, vos généraux,

Ne quittez jamais vos drapeaux,

Et vous resterez invincibles.

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

COUPLET DES ENFANTS

Nous entrerons dans la carrière,

Quand nos aînés n'y seront plus ;

Nous y trouverons leur poussière

Et la trace de leurs vertus. (Bis)

Bien moins jaloux de leur survivre

Que de partager leur cercueil

Nous aurons le sublime orgueil

De les venger ou de les suivre.

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

Enfants, que l'Honneur, la Patrie

Fassent l'objet de tous nos vœux !

Ayons toujours l'âme nourrie

Des feux qu'ils inspirent tous deux. (Bis)

Soyons unis ! Tout est possible ;

Nos vils ennemis tomberont,

Alors les Français cesseront

De chanter ce refrain terrible :

Aux armes, citoyens ! Etc.

==================================

I like them all, I really like them.

Gurriato

Dec 18, 2005, 11:19:21 PM12/18/05

<AnimasT...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Himno Nacional Mexicano.

Rollo prolijo

[¡zap!...]

ESTROFA CLXVIII

Patria! ¡Patria! tus hijos te juran
exhalar en tus aras su aliento,
si el clarín con su bélico acento,
los convoca a lidiar con valor:
¡Para ti las guirnaldas de oliva!
¡Un recuerdo para ellos de gloria!
¡Un laurel para ti de victoria!
¡Un sepulcro para ellos de honor!

¡Chis pon!

[continuará...]

Agradecemos de todo corazón a los Reyes de España el que el Himno nacional
español no tenga letra.

Versión sucinta del Himno Nacional Mejicano

DEL CORO AL CAÑO:

Mexicanos, al grito de guerra
El acero aprestad y el bridón,
Y retiemble en sus centros la tierra
Al sonoro rugir del cañón,
Y retiemble en sus centros la tierra
Al sonoro rugir del cañón.

Una preguntita: ¿Qué carajos es el bridón ese que tiene que aprestar el
frijoleramen?

Confieso que no tengo NPI del significado de la palabra bridón. He tenido
que buscarlo en el diccionario y la palabra tiene tantas acepciones que he
acabado todavía más confuso.

La cosa suena un poco, ¿cómo diría...? obscena. Parece el piropo de un
albañil: "¡Ven p'acá, morena, que viá aprestar el bridón!" o "¡Guapa, si
apresto el acero y el bridón te vas tú a enterar de lo ques güeno!",
etcétera.

En fin, que parece que te estás preparando para darle un fierrazo a una
mina, como dicen los argentos.

Ruego que se me explique todo esto en detalle y la razón de que una frase
tan escabrosa aparezca en el Himno Nacional Mejicano

Dice el Diccionario de la RAE:

bridón.
(De brida).
1. m. Jinete que va montado a la brida.
2. m. Brida pequeña que se pone a los caballos por si falta la grande.
3. m. Varilla de hierro, compuesta regularmente de tres pedazos, enganchando
uno en otro, que se pone a los caballos debajo del bocado. Tiene cabezada
diversa de la del freno, y las riendas van unidas a él.
4. m. Caballo ensillado y enfrenado a la brida.
5. m. p. us. poét. Caballo brioso y arrogante.

Y ya puestos a hacer crítica (constructiva, ofcors) del Himno Nacional
sugiero que cambieis la expresión " Para ti las guirnaldas de oliva" por la
de "Para ti las guirnaldas de olivo", porque pudiera parecer que le estáis
ofreciendo a la Patria un rosario de aceitunas, que aunque sea una ofrenda
más sabrosa (sobre todo las rellenas de anchoa) es menos poética que la de
una corona de olivo como la de Nerón.

Os pongo en aviso de estas cosas porque soy de una tierra donde crecen los
olivos, mientras que para vosotros es un árbol exótico. Mas os hubiera
valido que le ofrecierais a la Patria una penca de tunal y así evitariais
estos equívocos.

De nada y a mandar.

DON NICANOR TOCANDO EL TAMBOR

Alfredo

Dec 19, 2005, 5:22:00 AM12/19/05
No existe la palabra bridon en el diccionario

Alfredo

Dec 19, 2005, 5:48:59 AM12/19/05
Hola

¿Qué significa bridón? Esta palabra no la encuentro en los
diccionarios.

Saludos;

Alfredo

Pomponio Magnus, Gobernador Constitucional del Estado Libre y Soberano de Tejas de Santa Anna, Asistente de Brujo en Catemaco, Inspector de Control de Calidad en la Fabrica de Condones El Reventon

Dec 19, 2005, 8:50:58 AM12/19/05
Carajos, creo que los autores fueron Nuno y Bocanegra, uno de los
cuales era gachupin. Tal vez al estar dictando las estrofas no se
quito el puro de la boca y de ahi las malinterpretaciones.

Quien carajos es "el guerrero inmortal de Cempoala"? Don Antonio? Era
Xalapeno. (Acuerdense que fue don Antonio el que comisiono el himno.)
De Cempoala --pueblo risueno cercano al puerto de Veracru-- nada mas se
de un cacique que era tan gordo que no podia ya caminar y le pidio a
Cortes que fuera a visitarlo.

Pomponio Magnus, Gobernador Constitucional del Estado Libre y Soberano de Tejas de Santa Anna, Asistente de Brujo en Catemaco, Inspector de Control de Calidad en la Fabrica de Condones El Reventon

Dec 19, 2005, 8:52:21 AM12/19/05
OK. Is that a reference to the right to not self-incriminate?

ElGaucho

Dec 19, 2005, 9:24:21 AM12/19/05

"Gurriato"

> Agradecemos de todo corazón a los Reyes de España el que el Himno nacional
> español no tenga letra.
>
> Versión sucinta del Himno Nacional Mejicano
>
> DEL CORO AL CAÑO:
>
> Mexicanos, al grito de guerra
> El acero aprestad y el bridón,
> Y retiemble en sus centros la tierra
> Al sonoro rugir del cañón,
> Y retiemble en sus centros la tierra
> Al sonoro rugir del cañón.
>

> Una preguntita: ¿Qué carajos es el bridón ese que tiene que aprestar el
> frijoleramen?

Me extraña, Don Gurro. 'Toy casi seguro que bridón refiere simplemente a
las riendas de un caballo. La estrofa exhorta a preparar el acero y el
cuero...afilar la espada y asegurar que los arreos de caballo estén en
buenas condiciones..Creo..

Saludos,
Oscar

ElGaucho

Dec 19, 2005, 10:38:01 AM12/19/05

"ElGaucho" <ElGa...@vcn.bc.ca> wrote in message

> "Gurriato"
>
>> Agradecemos de todo corazón a los Reyes de España el que el Himno
>> nacional español no tenga letra.
>>
>> Versión sucinta del Himno Nacional Mejicano
>>
>> DEL CORO AL CAÑO:
>>
>> Mexicanos, al grito de guerra
>> El acero aprestad y el bridón,
>> Y retiemble en sus centros la tierra
>> Al sonoro rugir del cañón,
>> Y retiemble en sus centros la tierra
>> Al sonoro rugir del cañón.
>>

>> Una preguntita: ¿Qué carajos es el bridón ese que tiene que aprestar el
>> frijoleramen?
>
> Me extraña, Don Gurro. 'Toy casi seguro que bridón refiere simplemente a
> las riendas de un caballo. La estrofa exhorta a preparar el acero y el
> cuero...afilar la espada y asegurar que los arreos de caballo estén en
> buenas condiciones..Creo..

Me quedé pensando en ésta. Si no se refiere a riendas quizas sea el
"gatillo" en armas de fuego. Ahora estoy confundido yo también. ¿La sabrá el
Pirata?

Oscar

David Eduardo

Dec 19, 2005, 12:02:15 PM12/19/05

"Alfredo" <alfred...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hola

¿Qué significa bridón? Esta palabra no la encuentro en los
diccionarios.

bridón.
De brida.
1. m. El que va montado a la brida.

2. [m.]Brida pequeña que se pone a los caballos por si falta la grande.
3. [m.]Varilla de hierro, compuesta regularmente de tres pedazos,
enganchando uno en otro, que se pone a los caballos debajo del bocado. Tiene
cabezada diversa de la del freno, y las riendas van unidas a él.
4. [m.]Caballo ensillado y enfrenado a la brida.

5. [m.]p. us. En estilo poético o elevado, caballo brioso y arrogante.

Del Diccionario de la Real Academia de la Lengua Española

jpas...@nettaxi.com

Dec 19, 2005, 12:57:58 PM12/19/05
How much is your "embute" and from whom?

David Eduardo

Dec 19, 2005, 1:10:26 PM12/19/05

<jpas...@nettaxi.com> wrote in message

> How much is your "embute" and from whom?

That term, whatever it means, is strictly a Mexican colloquialism. It means
nothing in Puerto Rico, or even among US Hispanics... and I came form PR and
live in the US. I have no idea what you are asking about.

Alcibiades

Dec 19, 2005, 1:32:20 PM12/19/05
On 19 Dec 2005 05:52:21 -0800, "Pomponio Magnus, Gobernador

Fabrica de Condones El Reventon" <pomp...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>OK. Is that a reference to the right to not self-incriminate?

No, it's a reference to the regulations having to do with hiring, the
I-9 form and document requirements. The employer isn't permitted to
validate them, not unless he's a voluntary user of the electronic
verification program, or certain gov contractors, etc. He knows he is
hiring people without right to work in the US, and of course he
doesn't want to document that, but neither is he allowed to. The docs
have to appear genuine "on their face". Meaningless. He cannot
technically make himself party to a fraud, not unless he wishes to, or
one of those contractors with verification requirements.

TortugaChat

Dec 19, 2005, 6:43:19 PM12/19/05
"Para ti las guirnaldas de oliva" no se le está ofreciendo a la
patria, sino al soldado que participó en la batalla. Recuerda que la
guirnalda de oliva simboliza la paz; ten en cuenta la oración que le
sigue "un recuerdo para ellos de gloria".

Por otro lado, no se puede decir "guirnaldas de olivo", porque olivo es
un árbol. Oliva son las ramas o los frutos de dicho árbol.

Saludos a todos.

AnimasT...@hotmail.com

Dec 19, 2005, 7:05:49 PM12/19/05
Cheque esto Sr Gobernador:

http://www.aipenet.com/Indice/article.asp?Articulo_Id=3676

"CIUDAD DE MEXICO (AIPE).- Se cuenta que don Antonio Ceferino López de
Santa Anna, Su Alteza Serenísima, el "Napoleón del Oeste", el
"guerrero inmortal de Cempoala", el "once veces presidente de México",
etcétera, estando semiprisionero en Nueva York después de perder la
batalla de San Jacinto, no perdió su costumbre de masticar la goma del
árbol del chicle que le enviaban sus agentes desde México.
Un emprendedor estadounidense, Adams de apellido, observó esta curiosa
costumbre tropical de don Antonio. La probó, la encontró algo insulsa
pero con "potencial". Entonces decidió agregarle azúcar y algún otro
sabor para comercializarla. Así nació la industria estadounidense de
la goma de mascar. Una industria exitosa. Una historia muchas veces
repetida. Materia prima mexicana, valor agregado en el extranjero,
fortunas incalculables para los emprendedores.

¿Cuál es la razón de que sucedan esas cosas? Más recientemente, en
los años 50, la "cabeza de negro", otra planta tropical mexicana dio
origen a toda una industria, la de las hormonas sintéticas y a una
empresa, Sintex, que sin embargo no encontró el clima propicio para
crecer y desarrollarse aquí. Lo mismo se dice del ingeniero Camarena y
la televisión a color que él inventó. La historia contra factual nos
da herramientas útiles para entender lo que sí sucedió. Si Bill
Gates, por ejemplo, hubiera sido mexicano y se llamara Guillermo
Puertas, el gigante Microsoft seguramente no existiría. Los 50.000
millones de dólares de su fortuna personal no se habrían creado ni
existirían las herramientas de software que esa empresa desarrolló.
El mundo entero sería más pobre. Entonces, ¿México sufre de una
fatalidad que está fuera de nuestro control? ¿Es la raza, la
geografía o la religión lo que marca nuestro pobre destino?

Don Lucas Alamán, un mexicano y guanajuatense excepcional no lo creía
así. El siempre entendió que México tenía un problema de
instituciones inadecuadas. La guerra de independencia había destruido
al país por completo. Guanajuato, próspera ciudad minera de 90.000
habitantes antes de 1810, había sido reducida a un villorrio de 5.000
almas empobrecidas y sin futuro. La economía nacional se había
contraído en mas de 50% durante los 11 años de la guerra. Las minas
estaban destruidas. Los comercios desolados. La ganadería y la
agricultura arruinadas. El gobierno no tenía ingresos y sostenía al
ejército y a la burocracia parasitaria mediante costosos empréstitos
en el extranjero y los todavía más costosos préstamos forzosos a los
nacionales. Don Lucas sabía que había que construir de inmediato las
instituciones que promovieran el crecimiento acelerado de México. Sin
embargo, sus esfuerzos no fructificaron en medio del caos político en
que el país estaba sumido. La feroz lucha entre las facciones no
permitió que se consolidara nada.

Alamán, como casi todos los mexicanos de su generación, perdió la
esperanza en la posibilidad de que los mexicanos aprendieran algún
día a gobernarse por sí mismos. Como muchos, sin embargo, siguió
tratando de hacer lo que consideraba correcto. Incluso aceptó el
ministerio de Relaciones en la última administración de Don Antonio.

Hoy podemos documentar el fracaso económico de las instituciones que
hemos construido los mexicanos. En 200 años no pudimos cerrar la
brecha con Estados Unidos. Es más, la brecha creció hasta convertirse
en un abismo. Si en 1800 sólo nos separaba 20% de ingreso personal,
para 1910 la diferencia era de más de 70% y en 1999 es de 93%. Hoy los
mexicanos producimos sólo una catorceava parte que los
estadounidenses. Nuestra Constitución es un ejemplo claro de este
fracaso. En 82 años los dueños del país la han modificado unas 400
veces. Cinco veces por año en promedio. Con este ritmo frenético de
cambio constitucional ¿podrá haber seguridad jurídica alguna en
México? ¿Podrá algún emprendedor planear algo que no sea ganar la
lotería?

Nuevamente se comienza a hablar con insistencia sobre la necesidad de
crear una nueva constitución. Zedillo lo anunció en el lenguaje
críptico y sibilino de los viejos políticos este pasado 5 de febrero.
Como si los problemas del país se pudieran resolver con una nueva
Constitución. Si así fuera, México sería ya uno de los países más
exitosos del mundo. El ejemplo de don Lucas Alamán debe ser tomado en
cuenta. México necesita de constructores de instituciones que permitan
a los mexicanos emprendedores -basta ver el inmenso número de los
llamados "informales" en las calles- construir las empresas que
produzcan la riqueza que todos necesitamos. No hay otro camino si
México quiere sobrevivir. Nuestra maldición son los malos gobiernos
que se apoderaron del país. ©

___* Investigador del Centro de Investigación para el Desarrollo AC. "

Gurriato

Dec 19, 2005, 7:05:59 PM12/19/05

Calidad en la Fabrica de Condones El Reventon" <pomp...@hotmail.com> wrote
in message news:1135000257.9...@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> Carajos, creo que los autores fueron Nuno y Bocanegra, uno de los
> cuales era gachupin. Tal vez al estar dictando las estrofas no se
> quito el puro de la boca y de ahi las malinterpretaciones.

¡Qué gachupín ni que perro muerto!

El compositor no era gachupín sino polako butifarrero.

El susodicho polako se llamaba Jaume Nunó i Roca ( antiguamente Jaime Nunó
Roca), y era natural de Sant Joan de les Abadesses ( antiguamente San Juan
de las Abadesas), en la provincia de Girona (antiguamente Gerona), en los
Països Catalans (antiguamente España, hoy Ex-paña)

El bridó (plural els bridons) es como los polakos llaman a la brida del
caballo o la mula.

Saludos.

AnimasT...@hotmail.com

Dec 19, 2005, 7:11:01 PM12/19/05
Buen punto, no lo habia pensado asi. No se gramaticalmente este bien
dicho, pero poeticamente ahora tiene mas sentido. Gracias.

Gurriato

Dec 19, 2005, 7:11:29 PM12/19/05

>No existe la palabra bridon en el diccionario

Tira el que tienes a la basura y cómprate otro.

GURRIATEMBERG

Gurriato

Dec 19, 2005, 7:18:00 PM12/19/05

> Me quedé pensando en ésta. Si no se refiere a riendas quizas sea el
> "gatillo" en armas de fuego. Ahora estoy confundido yo también. ¿La sabrá
> el Pirata?

Que también nos explique el Piratón como es que el Himno usa la palabra
"aprestad".

Creo que el Piratón opina que la segunda persona del plural no debe usarse
en las Américas por ser un venancismo acartonado. Creo que el Pirata debería
solicitar del gobierno de los Yunaites Esteits (of Mexico, ofcors) que
cambien la palabra "aprestad" por "apresten".

GURRIATEMBERG

It is loading more messages.