Glamour

1 view

o...@inetport.com

Nov 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/16/97

Glamour
Of all the problems which beset humanity there is none greater than the
problem of glamour. It provides the basis for all our difficulties and
dangers, and holds the vast majority of humanity in thrall. It is at
the root
of every division and cleavage and the source of every dimension of pain
and suffering. It has its roots in the ancient past of mankind and all
but a
very few are held under its sway.
Essentially, glamour originates in man’s sensuous, feeling
apparatus - the emotional or astral body - and in man’s identification
with
its action. Through wrong identification with his feelings and emotions
-
his desire nature - he has surrounded himself with, and lost himself in,
thick fogs of illusion and unreality. This constitutes the glamour in
which
most people live out their lives. Glamour is illusion on the plane of
the
emotions and provides the greatest obstacle to progress, for the
individual
and for the race. It throws a multitude of misconceptions across the
path
of the unwary, and the loftiest idealist is no freer from its influence
(nay,
he is frequently more prone) than the hardened cynic.
To come to grips with glamour, humanity must recognize its
mechanism, by which means the central heresy - that we are separate - is
created and maintained. All that tends to reinforce the sense of
separateness is the result of the action of glamour, and all that seeks
undermine that heresy works for its destruction. Glamour resides in the
notion that man’s desires are real, that they have their own intrinsic
validity and purpose, whereas, in truth, they are the cause of all
unhappiness; no more real, no less transient, than the mirage of the
desert.
Many are the ways to God but the quickest and the surest is the
path of Service. No other path so fully embodies the nature of God.
Take
your place on this path and carry out the dictates of your soul. Follow
the
promptings of your heart and awaken to the needs of the world. Know
that as you enter on the path of Service you accept your place within
the
Plan, and find yourself well set upon the path to God.
Ready, then, will be the response from us, your Elder Brothers.
Quickly shall We seize the opportunity to help you on your way through
stimulus and proffered fields of service. Thus can you join Us and aid
Us
in Our work. Make this your aim and join the ranks of the Servers of
the
world. Take your place at Our side and work with the Forces of Light.
Victory is assured but must be fought for and won.
Be not afraid in the midst of the chaos and tension. Fear has
no
place in the present situation; rather, see it as a challenge to your
faith.

<><><>By the Master --
This Master's name, while well-known in esoteric circles, has not yet
been
revealed for various reasons. Benjamin Creme is in telepathic contact
with
this Adept who dictated this article to him.
Benjamin Creme is the British chief editor of Share International, a
non-profit, non-governmental organization in association with the
Department of Public Information at the United Nations.
<http://www.shareintl.org/>
"There is nothing in your world, either alive or dead, that is
worth being agitated about, except the alleviation of suffering.
("The Boy & the Brothers"; publisher Neville Spearman, London)
----------------------
"The cause of all sorrow and woes is desire -- desire for
that which is material. ... 'No man liveth unto himself",
and no nation either, and ...the goal of all human effort
is loving understanding, prompted by a love for the whole."
Djwhal Khul

"Individuals are going to experience, for the first time, that Divinity
is not 'outside' but situated simultaneously in the heart and in the
universe, in all of creation.... the true Lord is in the heart. If you
want to know Him try to understand the Voice of Silence.... Silence is
that space which is free from conditioning ... The day the Self within
is free of the stresses and strains inherent in the processes of being
and becoming, yet fulfils its duty in a detached manner, the Kingdom of
the Lord is experienced by the Self in the heart.

"Be what you are. Do not surrender your self respect, your dignity, to
others. The moment you surrender yourself to some other self you become
a zombie. Do not allow any
shadow, even, to possess you. Your destiny is to be free.

"You must become free from any ism -- for that is the deadliest drug. It
is like a sponge -- it absorbs illusions like water and engulfs the
Self." Maitreya

Maitreya
---------------
2 reply remove 'nospamsam' from address.

h_...@junospam.com

Nov 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/27/97

Res <c915...@bohm.anu.edu.au> wrote:
>BRAVO. BRAVO. BRAVO.
>
>Thus spoke the Master about man and his essential problems. Could we
>now hear what the Mistress has to say about woman and her essential
>problems? Just so it all doesn't sound so obviously "man-made", this
>universal, all-emcompassing knowledge...

Whats with this whining? Last time around, you were probably
a man who picked on women. Lots of women dearie, particularly those who
are well read, know that the word 'man' refers in general, to
mankind as a whole.

According to DK, much so called 'sensitivity' is just a matter of
being thin skinned.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Helen

jc

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

You are a typical, stupid, apologist fuckhead, playing at being
'spriritual'.

Why are you assuming that I am not a male? Hmmm? Hello. Wake-up call.

Perhaps, this is because " last time around", you were a little snail
"dearie", and you still have a lot of evolving to do. You are obviously
not "well read" yourself "dearie", because if you were, you would have
by now realised by now that language is formative, and powerfully
constructs our expectations etc. Can you grasp the difference between me
saying to you: "Let me introduce you to my NIGGER friend here", instead
of "Let me introduce you to Professor Lewis"? Hmmm? Hello. Any brain
cells in there, apart from pseudo-intellectual, patently theosophistical
clap trap.

Adaline Chung

Nov 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/29/97

jc wrote:

> You are a typical, stupid, apologist fuckhead, playing at being
> 'spriritual'.

Uh... how you say...

Shut up.

Go away.

Adaline

The Sannyasin

Nov 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/29/97

> You are a typical, stupid, apologist fuckhead, playing at being
> 'spriritual'.

And what are you playing at being?

C.J. Storm

Nov 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/30/97

In article <346FF7...@inetportnospamsam.com>, o...@inetport.com
says...

>Glamour
>Of all the problems which beset humanity there is none greater than the
>problem of glamour. It provides the basis for all our difficulties and
>dangers, and holds the vast majority of humanity in thrall. ect...

When I think of "Glamour" I think of what makes us "physically"
attractive to each other. This is not something that is bad, this is
simply nature at work (survival of the fittest ect...) it is normal for
us to be attracted to another person who is "glamourous" what kind of
sub-human spieces would we become if we were NOT attracted to the best
looking individuals. While I AGREE with you in some ways, that we are
MUCH more than physical beings... to IGNORE what is put there by nature
does NATURE a major injustice.

with respect,
C.J. Storm

Res

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

> > You are a typical, stupid, apologist fuckhead, playing at being
> > 'spriritual'.
> >
> And what are you playing at being?

Ahh...

I am "playing" at trying to engage, without the usual canonical bullshit
and crap, people who flatter themselves that they are in touch with a
higher, a more enduring and solid knowledge, but who lack all logical
capacity, as well as the ability to take a little heat. Your truth, old
darlings, appears as solid as butter!

The Nazis, having discovered their truths, were fabulously successful
(for a time) in propagating their verities. They just told people to
shut the fuck up, or they simply killed them. What is your theosophical
strategy?

Sure, you have a right to say, and attempt to prove, that theosophy is
true gnosis. And I too have the right to say, and just as vehemently,
that your "theosophistry" is a little cult, a little blanket for the
puny-minded.

o...@nospam.com

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

"The law is love. The truth my friends is brotherhood."
Maitreya, the World Teacher-
note: He'll be seen on one major US tv program before the
end of this year.

<http://www.shareintl.org>

Res

Dec 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/4/97

DOES IT REALLY TAKE A MAITREYA, MALE OR FEMALE, WHITE OR NOT, TO SAY
SOMETHING AS BANAL, CLICHE AND "MOTHERHOOD", AS THIS SORT OF SHIT? ANY
CHARLATAN WITH HALF A BRAIN CELL CAN VOMIT THIS SORT OF SHIT: