ANTI-GAY CELEBRITIES

lac...@webtv.net

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
WILLIE AAMES - Known for his role as the second
eldest son on "Eight is Enough" and as Scott
Baio's sidekick on "Charles in Charge". Willie
is now a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club.

KIM ALEXIS - The former fitness guru is now a
frequent guest on Pat Robertson's 700 Club and
speaker at the Republican Party. She now does
commercials for "Monistat-3".

FRED BERRY - You may remember him as "Re-Run
from the 70's TV show "Whats Happening". For
awhile, he was a "Born again" Christian rap
artist, but he then went into catering for
parties and was recently in a physical fight
over a catering dispute. He is also a supporter
of Pat Robertson's 700 Club. It's also amazing
that with all this talk about "Family Values"
and the "Promise Keepers", that Fred Berry
abandoned his son for many years (would Dan
Quayle approve of that???)

TIFFANY BRISSETTE - Known for her role as a Girl Robot on the
1980's
syndicated comedy "Small Wonder" is now a supporter of the 700
Club.

KIRK CAMERON - The former "Growing Pains" star who played the
rebellious teen "Mike Seaver" is a supporter of Pat Robertsons
700 Club. While on the 700 Club, Mr. Cameron had the nerve to
criticize "Married with Children" for being an anti-values
sitcom (perhaps Mr. Cameron should watch "Growing Pains" again
and look at some of the mischief that his "Mike Seaver" has
done). Kirk also tried to do another show on the WB network
called "Kirk", but it was recently cancelled.

TONY DANZA - This former star of "Taxi", and "Who's the Boss"
recently stated on a talk show that he believed that Ellen
Degeneres and Anne Hashe's kissing in public was "slimy" and
that he didn't want his children exposed to "that kind of
stuff". Is Mr. Danza worried about his children watching the
"sexual inuendo" he was involved in on "Whos the Boss"?? Where
he was flirting with his boss (Judith Light) who was still
married for the first year and a half of the series, and
flirting with his bosses sex-pot mother (Katherine Helmond).

DION DiMUCCI - Former lead singer of the Belmonts, a 60's rock 'n' roll group
known for hits like "The Wanderer" and "Runaround Sue" is now a
Fundementalist Christian and a supporter of the 700 Club.

DIRE STRAITS - 80's rock group known for their Top 40 hit song
"Money for nothing" which has several anti-gay lyrics in the
original recording of this popular song (which was edited for
radio).

SHANNEN DOERTY - The former star on "Beverly Hills 90210" is a
stanch conservative republican just like her TV mom Carol
Potter. Ms. Doerty was proven to be a Hypocrite when she
divorced her husband Ashley Hamilton (son of the deeply tanned
George Hamilton) after only being married to him for two (2)
weeks (wow, talk about "Family Values")

KIM FIELDS - Formerly known as "Tooty" on "Facts of Life", she
is a
supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club and now stars on her new
sitcom "Living Single" on FOX television.

ANNETTE FUNICELLO - This former Mousketeer now
spends her time boycotting the company she once
worked for, Disney.

AMY GRANT - Former Gospel artist who turned Pop artist with
songs like "Baby Baby" and her current hit "It Takes a Little
Time" is also a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club. In 1991,
Amy Grant came under fire from some in the Fundementalist
community because she was singing "worldly" songs instead of
the Christian songs she used to sing. There is even a website
where one Fundementalist Christian bashes Amy Grant and other
"Christian Rock Artist" for their "straying from Christianity"
http://www.av1611.org/crock.html
Still most in the Fundementalist Community still support her,
no matter what kind of music she sings.

AL GREEN - Best known for his 1970's R&B hit
"Let's stay together", Al Green is now a Gospel
Artist and a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700
Club.

GRANT GOODEVE - Mr. Goodeve portrayed the eldest brother on the
1970's family sitcon "Eight is Enough". Several years later, he
played a Gay attorney on "Dynasty". Mr Goodeve is now a
supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club and sometimes hosts the
show when Pat is away on vacation.

MICHAEL GROSS - The former father on the 1980's sitcom "Family
Ties" is now a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club and does
work for a Right-Wing organization that claims to be
feeding children in 3rd world countries.

M.C. HAMMER - Best known for his 1990 hit rap song "You can't
touch this" (a ripoff of the transgendered Rick James
"Superfreak", and his song "Pray" was sampled from The Artist
(formerly known as Prince's) "When the doves cry", he sure
doesn't mind sampling from so-called "sexual deviants" to make
a buck). M.C. Hammer is now a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700
Club and was a Christian Rap artist until he was denounced by
some of the Fundementalist for his explicid lyrics in a song
called "She's soft and wet". M.C. Hammer recently changed his
music to a "Hard Core" sound to compete with rap artists like
"Puff Daddy" and "Mace", but he still holds on to his
Fundementalist Christian Faith.

CHARELTON HESTON - Known for his role as "Moses" in many
religious films and as Alexis Colby's brother-in-law on
"Dynasty". Mr. Heston is a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700
Club and the Christian Coalition (not to mention a member of
the NRA).

HULK HOGAN - Former WWF wrestler who was seriously hurt during
a match and sent to the hospital several years ago where he was
converted to Fundementalist Christianity is now a supporter of
Pat Robertsons 700 Club.

ANN JILLIAN - Movie actress who played in the 1980's sitcom
"It's a living" is a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club

SHIRLEY JONES - The "mom" on the 1970's family sitcom "The
Partridge Family" is now a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700
Club.

THE JUDDS (NAOMI and WYNONNA) - This mother-daughter duo has
appeared numerous times on the 700 Club. And since Wynonna is a
supporter of the 700 Club, when she had a "out of wedlock"
pregnancy, her support of the 700 Club saved her from the same
criticism that "Murphy Brown" recieved several years ago.

JACK LaLANNE - Former fitness trainer and former owner of
"Bally Total Fitness" (he doesn't own it anymore, DON'T cancell
your memberships). Mr. LaLanne is a supporter of Pat
Robertson's 700 Club.

ART LINKLETTER - The former host of "Kids say the Darnest
things" is a supporter of Pat Robertsons 700 Club and sometimes
does commercials for mattres companies.

ROGER McGUINN - Former lead vocal of the 1960's rock group "The
Byrds" known for their hit "Turn Turn Turn (There is a
season)". Roger McGuinn is a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700
Club.

MELBA MOORE - Former actress and singer known for her disco hit
"You stepped into my life". Melba Moore supported the 700 Club
so much, that she ended up on welfare.

TIA & TAMARA MOWRY - These Twins who star in their TV sitcom
"Sister Sister" are also supporters of Pat Robertson's 700
Club.

EDDIE MURPHY - Although he's not a Right-Wing Fundementalist,
he still is as anti-gay as he can be. This former stand-up
comedian turned actor has done many anti-gay stand up acts,
many of them can be found on records and tapes. Eddie was
recently caught driving a transexual prostitute in his car and
he denied that he ever did anything sexual with her/him.

CAROL POTTER - She plays the "mom" on "Beverly Hills 90210".
She is also a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club.

THE PROCLAIMERS - The twin brothers known for their 1993 hit
"I'm gonna be (500 Miles)" are also supporters of the 700 Club.

SHABBA RANKS - Reggae/Dancehall artist best known for a duo with Maxi Priest
called "House Call" is very outspoken about his hatered towards Gay & Lesbian
people.

REV. RUN - Former Rapper for the 1980's rap group "RUN D.M.C."
known for their hit "Walk this way" (which they copied from
Aerosmith). Rev. Run is now a Fundementalist Christian
minister who now does Christian Rap music.

FRED ROGERS - Host of the PBS Childrens show "Mr. Rogers
Neighborhood" where he constantly changes his shoes is now a
supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club.

JAKE - Fitenss Guru who has his own show called "Body by Jake"
is also a supporter of the 700 Club and once had a short-lived
sitcom on the Family Channel.

SMOKEY ROBINSON - Smokey started singing with the "Miracles" in
the 1950's with hits like "Shop around" and "Tears like a
clown". he became a Fundementalist Christian after a battle
with Drug Abuse in the late 80's. Smokey is now a supporter of
the 700 Club.

DR. LAURA SCHLESSINGER - Radio talk show host who gives out
relationship and romance advice has expressed the Gay
"Lifestyle" as abnormal. Dr. Laura, who talks alot about
"Family Values" hasn't spoken to her mother in over 10 years
(What a hypocrite).

MR. T - Known for his Mohawk Haircut, gold chains and his role
on the NBC hit show "The A-Team" during the 1980's. Mr. T is
now a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club.

NEDRA TALLEY - Former vocalist for the 1960's rock-n-roll group
"The Ronnettes" with her cousin Ronnie Spector known for their
hit "Be my little Baby". Nedra is now married to Fundementalist
music critic Scott Ross and is a supporter of the 700 Club.

KATHY TRICCOLI - Known for her 1992 Dance hit "Everything
Changes" which unfortuneately was played in many Gay Dance
clubs. Miss Triccoli is a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700
Club.

VANITY aka DENISE SMITH - Known for her 1980's R&B hit "Nasty
Girls". Vanity ran to Fundementalist Christianity after she was
dumped by her ex-boyfriend The Artist (Formerly known as
Prince). She now records Gospel music and dedicates her life to
fighting sinners (like us in the Gay community).

DAVE THOMAS - the Founder of Wendy's resturants is a supporter
of Pat Robertson's 700 Club, plus recently Dave Thomas pulled
Wendy's ads from the Ellen show because he didn't want people
to think that his resturaunts were filled with a bunch of
"Homo's"

DENISE WILLIAMS - Known for her 1984 R&B Dance hit "Let's Hear
It For The Boy". Denise is now a Gospel singer and a supporter
of Pat Robertson's 700 Club and sometimes host's the show with
him when Terry Meusem is on vacation.

DEMAND WILSON - Best known for his role as Redd
Foxx son "Lamont" on "Sanford & Son" Demand is
now a Right-Wing Fundementalist minister and a
supporter of the 700 Club.

ANGIE & DEBBIE WINANS - younger sisters of the Gospel duo "BeBe
& CeCe Winans" Recently Angie & Debbie recorded and released a
anti-Gay song called "It's Not Natural" which has very anti-Gay
lyrics.

John De Salvio

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98

CORRECTION: Run DMC did "Walk This Way" WITH Aerosmith.

> FRED ROGERS - Host of the PBS Childrens show "Mr. Rogers
> Neighborhood" where he constantly changes his shoes is now a
> supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club.

Fred Rogers also features many homosexuals on his "Neighborhood"
who have a talent or skill that he wants to show to children. He had
music historian Tom O'Horgan on the show to demonstrate his
collection of medieval musical instruments. O'Horgan, VERY gay,
was the wunderkind of Broadway when he directed "Hair" in 1969.

Roger was quite aware of O'Horgan's sexual orientation, but didn't care.

> DEMAND [Demond] WILSON - Best known for his role as Redd

> Foxx son "Lamont" on "Sanford & Son" Demand is
> now a Right-Wing Fundementalist minister and a
> supporter of the 700 Club.
>
> ANGIE & DEBBIE WINANS - younger sisters of the Gospel duo "BeBe
> & CeCe Winans" Recently Angie & Debbie recorded and released a
> anti-Gay song called "It's Not Natural" which has very anti-Gay
> lyrics.

While many of the names you posted may be homophobic,
do not assume that just by appearing on the 700 Club a star
endorses everything Pat Robertson says. It is a show that HIRES
performers and has a very large audience. Many performers go
on to support Robertson's campaign to feed children in Third
World countries (yes, I know that is just a tax ploy for Robertson,
and a video op while he exploits mining and cheap labor).
Believe it or not, some of these performers may not know of
Pat Robertson's rabid anti-homosexual stand. Just because it is
always on our minds does not hold true for everyone else.

And yes, their managers should know more about where
they book their talent.

You might consider getting direct quotes from the named people
as to what their actual stand on homosexuals is.

--
John

NOTE: "From" address is deliberately wrong.
My correct e-mail address is:

desalvio["AT" SYMBOL]monitor.net

Marlene

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
In article <6phjgd$qjn$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, lac...@webtv.net wrote:

You forgot

DAVE THOMAS -- Founder of the Wendy's Hamburger chain has made anti-gay
statements in the past and is a major admirer of Herr Robertson.

Marlene (marl...@wcnet.org)
Doing my best to piss off the religious reicht..... and being proud to be both transsexual and lesbian is just two of them!

John De Salvio

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
In article <marlenebNOSPAM-...@library178.labs.bgsu.edu>,
marlene...@wcnet.org (Marlene) wrote:

> In article <6phjgd$qjn$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, lac...@webtv.net wrote:
>
> You forgot
>
> DAVE THOMAS -- Founder of the Wendy's Hamburger chain has made anti-gay
> statements in the past and is a major admirer of Herr Robertson.

Look again. It was there.

Ward Stewart

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
On Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:07:10 GMT, lac...@webtv.net wrote:

>WILLIE AAMES - Known for his role as the second
>eldest son on "Eight is Enough" and as Scott
>Baio's sidekick on "Charles in Charge". Willie
>is now a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club.

AND

KIM ALEXIS
FRED BERRY
TIFFANY BRISSETTE
KIRK CAMERON
TONY DANZA
DION DiMUCCI
DIRE STRAITS
SHANNEN DOERTY
KIM FIELDS
ANNETTE FUNICELLO
AMY GRANT
AL GREEN
GRANT GOODEVE
MICHAEL GROSS
M.C. HAMMER
CHARELTON HESTON
HULK HOGAN
ANN JILLIAN
SHIRLEY JONES

THE JUDDS (NAOMI and WYNONNA)

JACK LaLANNE
ART LINKLETTER
ROGER McGUINN
MELBA MOORE
TIA & TAMARA MOWRY
EDDIE MURPHY
CAROL POTTER
THE PROCLAIMERS
SHABBA RANKS

REV. RUN - Former Rapper

FRED ROGERS - Host of the PBS Childrens show "Mr. Rogers

JAKE
SMOKEY ROBINSON
DR. LAURA SCHLESSINGER
MR. T -
NEDRA TALLEY
KATHY TRICCOLI
VANITY aka DENISE SMITH
DAVE THOMAS
DENISE WILLIAMS
DEMAND WILSON
ANGIE & DEBBIE WINANS

I haven't had this much fun in days -- I have seldom before seen the
utter weakness, the intellectual shabbiness of our enemy so clearly
revealed.-

The strongest and most compelling voice here cited is that of Mr
Rogers.

THANK YOU!!

ward

"I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you.
Yes, hate is good. Our goal is a Christian nation.
We have a biblical duty, we are called on by God
to conquer this country. We don't want equal time.
We don't want pluralism."
-- Randall Terry, head of Operation Rescue

Ward Stewart

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98

C'mon John -- do we REALLY care what Kirk Cameron and Mr T. think of
our lives? Nedra Talley and Jake?

The above are not exactly a concourse of the movers and shakers of the
intellectual and moral world.

If, in their desparation, our enemies cannot find anything better than
these wet squibs to toss at us it is time to break out the chanpagne,
clearly we have won!

Urdee Trubble

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98

lac...@webtv.net wrote in message <6phjgd$qjn$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

This is just awful. What a bunch of sick perverts. Imagine, turning to
religion. Why????

Stop and Think. Would you really
want to live in a world full of people
with the same character and judgement
as yours? Would you be doing what
you are doing if your mother was at
your side?

Urdee Trubble

Roger Shouse

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98
In article <6pkusd$btt$4...@news13.ispnews.com> "Urdee Trubble" <Ur...@wcnet.net> writes:

>lac...@webtv.net wrote in message <6phjgd$qjn$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>>WILLIE AAMES - Known for his role as the second
>>eldest son on "Eight is Enough" and as Scott
>>Baio's sidekick on "Charles in Charge". Willie
>>is now a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club.

[snip]

Thanks a bunch! I'm gonna rush out and buy all their records, watch all their
shows, buy their books, etc.

RS

PropMin

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98
>WILLIE AAMES - Known for his role as the second
>eldest son on "Eight is Enough" and as Scott
>Baio's sidekic

This one I really can't believe after some of the things I've heard...

Don Streeter

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98
Does anyone know if this NFL violation has been brought to the NFL's
attention? I'ld love to see this guy go dooooooooown.

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Gay & Proud Of It wrote:

> You forgot Reggie White of the Green Bay Packers...who happens to be a
> born-again christian now preacher, and just recently appeared in another
> anti-gay ad (donned in his Packer uniform, a violation of the NFL) July 21,
> 1998

Robert Schroeder

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98

The last I heard was that the NFL Commissioner and the owner of the
Green Bay Packers sent letters of apology to GLAAD, HRC, and several
other organizations. The letters stated that Reggie White had violated
NFL rules by wearing his uniform for non-NFL activities. They have
notified the coalition printing the ads to stop running pics of White in
his uniform, or even mentioning that he is an "NFL Star".

Robert

John De Salvio

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98
In article <Pine.OSF.3.96.980728...@ucs.orst.edu>, Don
Streeter <stre...@ucs.orst.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone know if this NFL violation has been brought to the NFL's
> attention? I'ld love to see this guy go dooooooooown.

Yes, it has.

But they decided that they did not want tot NFL to get into that fray.

Urdee Trubble

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98

Gay & Proud Of It wrote in message <6plbq4$kpb$1...@news.megsinet.net>...

>You forgot Reggie White of the Green Bay Packers...who happens to be a
>born-again christian now preacher, and just recently appeared in another
>anti-gay ad (donned in his Packer uniform, a violation of the NFL) July 21,
>1998

And so? Why don't you confront him about it face to face?

The military taught me a skill.
Viet Nam taught me how to
use it. Let's get a couple a
cases of brew and talk about
some of the things you said
back then.

Urdee Trubble

James Doemer

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98

Urdee Trubble wrote in message <6pn2c0$n1$2...@news13.ispnews.com>...

We did, and we drove his tired ass right out of Ypsilanti, Michigan!!!

Urdee Trubble

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98

James Doemer wrote in message <35bf4...@news.provide.net>...

Sure you did.

James Doemer

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98

Came here to speak out against the proposed anti-discrimination
law, sputtered a few words, and left in a hurry! He was outnumbered,
out gunned, and took an ass kicking! That's the proudest I'd ever
been of our city council!!

Urdee Trubble

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98

James Doemer wrote in message <35bf8...@news.provide.net>...

Sure you did. And, sure he did.

Cliff Hammond

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
Don Streeter wrote:

> Does anyone know if this NFL violation has been brought to the NFL's
> attention? I'ld love to see this guy go dooooooooown.

Yes, both the NFL and the Green Bay Packer organization have requested the use of
photos in uniform to stop. They have also insisted that the NFL name should not
be used as part of their ad campaign; e.g., they cannot say, "Reggie White, NFL
player...." or "Green Bay defensive end, Reggie White says....." All use of his
professional employers is a no-no.

There is currently some controversy about his appearing in anti-gay ads in
Hawaii. He will not appear in uniform nor will he use the NFL name in his ads.
But some commentators think that it all will backfire on the RR in Hawaii because
- in general - Hawaiians are suspicious of outsiders coming into their state and
telling them what they should think or do. It's rather arrogant of the RR if you
think of it from a Hawaiian's point of view.

-- cliff

"When distractions have been abandoned one can exert oneself in the practice.
Through exertion it is possible to destroy confusion. When confusion falls away,
enlightenment is attained. That is the whole reason [for seclusion]."
--Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
http://home4.inet.tele.dk/gomde/index.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/cliffhammond/index.html
mailto:wycl...@swbell.net

Michael

Aug 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/7/98

Urdee Trubble <Ur...@wcnet.net> wrote in article
<6pkusd$btt$4...@news13.ispnews.com>...

> lac...@webtv.net wrote in message <6phjgd$qjn$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> >WILLIE AAMES - Known for his role as the second
> >eldest son on "Eight is Enough" and as Scott
> >Baio's sidekick on "Charles in Charge". Willie
> >is now a supporter of Pat Robertson's 700 Club.

snip!

The funniest part is that most of those people are totally irrelevant
nowadays. We could boycott them, but supply and demand has already taken
care of that.