Werecard

Andrea Milar

Dec 13, 1994, 6:01:31 PM12/13/94

af...@ellis.uchicago.edu (dave aftandilian) writes:

>As promised in my other post, here's the list of questions on which
>to base your werecards (Werebat and I came up with these back in
>June). The idea here is for all of us to get to know one another
>better,

Well, I'm new here, so I'll fill one out...

Human Name: Andrea Milar
Were Name: Panthyr
Phenotype: werefeline
Birthdate: 11/16/71
Birthplace: Camp LeJeune, NC
Home Territory: Wilmington, NC
Dream Territory: Somewhere in South America
Physical Description, Human: Tall, long auburn hair, green eyes, muscular
Physical Description, Were: black-furred panther
Human Career: studying to be a police officer
Hobbies/Interests: computers, jewelry, men...
Favorite Movie: A Clockwork Orange
Favorite Were Movie: Cat People
Favorite Literature: anything by Heinlein
Favorite Were Literature: hmmm...tough one. Cycle of the Werewolf was
good...
Favorite Art: another toughie. I like Escher, and Giger...
Favorite Were Art: ...Haven't seen a lot.
Favorite Saying/Quote: Many of Heinlein's...hard to pick one.
Favorite Were Saying/Quote: *meow* --Michelle Pfeiffer, _Batman Returns_
Favorite Personal Quote: Bite me. (of course, this can backfire.)
Favorite Song/Band(s): I'll listen to anything, but I've been on a Meat
Loaf kick lately.
Favorite Were Song/Band(s): "Of Wolf and Man" --Metallica
Favorite Season: Summer!!!! 95 and humid and I'm happy!!!
Favorite Holiday: Samhain
Preferred Prey: deer(white-tailed)
Hunting Tips: Try not to growl. It's a dead giveaway.
Preferred Method of Attack: "Please, Bruce, gimme a chunk
of that deer..." (hey, at least I'm honest...)
Favorite Non-Were Mythological Beastie(s): centaurs, lamias
Feelings Toward Vampires: No problem at all...
Feelings Toward Normal Humans: Bored...
Personal Lycanthropy:
Let's see...the first time I realized I was as much cat as human was when
I was very, very young...One of the only dreams I have ever remembered
(which I had when I was four or so...) is one where I am a panther,
stalking an antelope herd...I make my kill, and drag it up into a tree to
feast...

I try to strive for the wildness of this other side of me while still
retaining control...a bit of a contradiction, but that's me...:)

Just a de-lurking newbie...:)
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp."

James Harrion III

Dec 14, 1994, 1:26:20 AM12/14/94
[purrgrowl]

Welcome, welcome. Always more room around the fire. Plenty of deer, and
a _really_ interesting looking snowball fight going on over there.

[points clawed hand over at the two werewolves pelting each other and
the werebear rolling up beachball-sized snowballs]

: --

: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
: "I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp."
: --Pinky and the Brain
: Panthyr: 1mi...@sol.cms.uncwil.edu OR amm...@vxc.ocis.uncwil.edu

James Harrion III ez04...@ucdavis.edu
"You think I speak for the University of California? Yeah, right!"

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. God is all-powerful.
Draw your own conclusions.

Ina Faye-Lund

Dec 14, 1994, 5:18:11 AM12/14/94

af...@ellis.uchicago.edu (dave aftandilian) writes:

>As promised in my other post, here's the list of questions on which
>to base your werecards (Werebat and I came up with these back in
>June). The idea here is for all of us to get to know one another
>better,

I too am new here, so why not?

Human Name: Ina Faye-Lund
Were Name: Night-Wolf
Phenotype: Not sure, either wolf or panther.
Birthdate: 19.08.72
Birthplace: Seoul, Korea
Home Territory: Oslo, Norway
Dream Territory: A hard one...Somewhere with forest or mountains.
Physical Description, Human: Small, brown eyes, black hair, normal.
Physical Description, Were: Either a black panther, or a grey-black wolf.
Human Career: Studying Computer Science
Hobbies/Interests: Roleplaying games, books
Favourite Movie: Willow?
Favourite Were Movie: Cat People
Favourite Literature: Another hard one...: Fantasy, difficult to chose one author.
Favourite Were Literature: Um...the Cheysuli Saga by Jennifer Robertsen, maybe.
Favourite Art: Sorry. Can't come up with any names, but still fantasy-related.
Favourite Were Art: Haven't seen much
Favourite Saying/Quote: None
Favourite Were Saying/Quote: Ooooooooouuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Favourite Personal Quote: None
Favourite Song/Band(s): Vangelis, Enya, Jethro Tull, the Chieftains
Favourite Were Song/Band(s): Don't know
Favourite Summer: Spring. A new beginning
Favourite Holiday: Summer Holiday. The longest I have..;)
Preferred Pray: Deer
Hunting Tips: I hunt alone, though I do not recommend it...
Preferred Method of Attack: "Surprise!!!"
Favourite Non-Were Mythological Beastie(s): Unicorn
Feelings Toward Vampires: Shiver. I don't like them. Sorry.
Feelings Toward Normal Humans: Poor creatures. They don't know what they are
missing.
Personal Lycanthropy:
I think I have always known, though I am still not sure of what I am. However,
as long as I can remember, I have had the Wolf in my blood, and the Panther is
more admiration than anything else, I think.
I have always been a loner, different. When I am in the forest at night, I
truly become a hunter. I like to howl at the moon, and do so, even in my
human form, and when people hear me. I don't mind. When the moon is full, I
just can't help myself.
Also, although I never read books about wolves, I knew much about them. Now
that I do read, I realize that what I thought I knew is mostly true.
I find myself snarling at people I don't like.

In dreams I always see myself alone, or with one other only. Maybe this will
change, now that I have found others who share my dreams.

Night-Wolf
--
IFL

Remember, even if we hunt alone, we all howl at the same moon.

Dave Rust

Dec 14, 1994, 12:03:50 PM12/14/94
James Harrion III (ez04...@bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu) wrote:
: [purrgrowl]

: Welcome, welcome. Always more room around the fire. Plenty of deer, and
: a _really_ interesting looking snowball fight going on over there.

: [points clawed hand over at the two werewolves pelting each other and
: the werebear rolling up beachball-sized snowballs]

<spaff!> (a Snowball catches JHIII on the shoulders as Silver-Night
dives behind a tree...)

:)

Silver-night (Howl brothers! Howl sist --- <spaff!> oooff!)

James Harrion III

Dec 14, 1994, 3:00:00 PM12/14/94
Dave Rust (josh...@solutions.solon.com) wrote:

: :)

Grrr.

The striped windigo shakes the snow off his shoulders, drops to all fours,
and rolls up a huge icy one. He then runs off to find Silver-Night and
<spaff> hits him at close range in the torso, and runs off to make another
one.

Patrick MacGregor

Dec 17, 1994, 3:29:34 AM12/17/94
DOC
Human Name: Pat MacGregor
Were Name: John Loup
Phenotype: Werewolf
Birthdate: October 20, 1945
Birthplace: Portland, Oregon
Home Territory: I moved back to Portland after spending the last
25 years in NYC.
Dream Territory: Somewhere in northern Alaska
Physical Description, Late middle age. 5'6", Mostly white haired, Flowing white mustash, A few wrinkles but
Ive earned them and wear them with pride.
Physical Description, Were: I'm mostly in my full lupine form. Grey
wolf, whose age matches my human one. Grey muzzled, scarred, walks with a slight limp.
Been around enough to no longer see things as black or white.
Human Career: Right now Im working in Data Processing for a bank, but Ive worn many hats.
Hobbies/Interests: Cycling, Fencing, hiking, computers, FurryMUCK.
Favorite Movie:Whose afraid of Virginia Woolfe?
Favorite Were Movie: LadyHawke
Favorite Literature:Piers Anthony, Philip Jose Farmer
Favorite Were Literature: Wolf Moon
Favorite Art:Land and seascapes.
Favorite Were Art:Eric Elliot
Favorite Saying/Quote:Violence is the last refuge of the incompetant--
Hari Seldon
Favorite Were Saying/Quote:"Lick you where? Sure"
Favorite Personal Quote:" Oh elephant shit in a peanutbutter jar!"
Favorite Song/Band(s):"Grateful Dead
Favorite Were Song/Band(s):" Direwolf" by the Grateful Dead.
Favorite Season:Winter
Favorite Holiday:Samhein
Preferred Prey:Deer or elk, however it's been a long time since John
was able to bring one down, He's quite content now to dream by the
fire and guard the puppies. Entertaining them with songs and stories
of the past.
Hunting Tips:Dont take on a wild boar alone.
Preferred Method of Attack:Surprize is good.
Favorite Non-Were Mythological Beastie(s):Centaurs
Feelings Toward Vampires:Having had to deal with a great deal of
prejudice during my life, I'm loath to pass
on what Ive experienced. I'll let any being
exist in peace provided they extend me the
same courtesy.
Feelings Toward Normal Humans: Live and let live.
Personal Lycanthropy: (This is probably the most important part
of the card. What we're after here is a few paragraphs explaining
what your lycanthropy means to you, how it fits into and affects
your life, your goals, etc. Tell us about your first transformation /
realization of your were nature. Describe the lycanthropy myth as
you see it. And so on...)

-------It was very late at night. I had been down in the kiva for many
hours, eating peyotae, chanting, drumming when I heard something
calling to me. Iasked the road chief if I could leave the kiva because
there was something which wanted to speak with me. He gave me an odd
look but assented. It was unusual for a white man to be so called, but
not unheard of.

I emerged from the kiva to a night like I have never seen before.
The sky was of a clearness which is seldom seen today. The Milky Way
was flung across the sky like diamond dust: the full moon, like a
beacon. Everything stood out in sharp relief.

Again I heard the call. Whether a howl or a voice I do not know. I
was called and I went. I started to run across the mesa. Slowly at
first, then as something decended over me, faster. Not my usual
choppy run which gets me nowhere fast and hurts my knees, but a
liquid flowing over the ground, low, fast, tireless.
My perspective changed. I was close to the ground, fast and
powerful. The air was alive with scent and sound. Time was
meaningless. There was just me, the night, the moon, the mesa and my effortless running.

How long I ran in this state I have no idea, but it must have been
hours for when I finaly came back to the world I usually inhabit, I
was many miles from my starting place and totaly exausted. But I had
been invested with the spirit of the wolf.
He has visited me a few times since, though not in such a dramatic
fasion. Usualy he comes to my dreams. Sometimes as a lover or mate,
sometimes a guide and sometimes to chastize and admonish. He is with
me still. The day I faced my zoophillia and told my friends he was at
my side giving me his strength. The night I spent in a snowbank
nursing a broken ankle, he lent me his warmth that I would not die
and the day I was lost in the redwoods, having lost my way and my
glasses, he brought me to saftey.

I hope that one day he will take and run me across the mesa or
through the forests once again before I die, but if that does not
happen, that he lives in my heart and my dreams is enough."

--
dog...@teleport.COM Public Access User --- Not affiliated with Teleport
Public Access UNIX and Internet at (503) 220-1016 (2400-14400, N81)

Patrick MacGregor

Dec 17, 1994, 3:37:49 AM12/17/94

Andreas Harfst

Dec 27, 1994, 2:03:57 AM12/27/94

-Human Name: Andreas Harfst
-Were Name: ArcticWolf
-Phenotype: Werewolf
-Birthdate: April 21st 1967
-Birthplace: Stuttgart, Germany
-Home Territory: Stuttgart
-Dream Territory: Alaska, perhaps Ellesmere (less humans)
-Physical Description, Human: 190cm, 110kg (heavy bones, you know :-)
-Physical Description, Were: Arctic Wolf, thick white fur.
-Human Career: Software Development
-Hobbies/Interests: Computers, Photography, Music (electronic & meditation)
-Favorite Movies: Blade Runner (Dir.Cut), Highlander, Never Cry Wolf
-Favorite Were Movies: Company Of Wolves, LadyHawke, Wolfen
-Favorite Literature: most Sci-Fi, John Brunner: "The Shockwave Rider"
-Favorite Were Literature: Somtow "Moon Dance" (great), Strieber "The Wild"
-Favorite Art: Nothing special, but i've a lot of wolf-photographs around
-Favorite Were Art: Susan Seddon Boulet: Shaman
-Favorite Saying/Quote: "Hep!" (Read those Edika comics, they're strange :-)
-Favorite Were Saying/Quote: I have none, yet.
-Favorite Personal Quote: Roughly tr.: It's seldom early, but never to late.
-Favorite Song/Band(s): Pat Metheney, Al Di Meola, Alan Parsons Project
-Favorite Were Song/Band(s): Vangelis, Tangerine Dream (tho old ones)
-Favorite Season: Winter. The cold, fresh air is wonderful
-Favorite Holiday: all is good
-Preferred Prey: Musc oxen, Moose, and hares
-Hunting Tips: harass the herd, spot a vulnerable animal, seperate it
-Preferred Method of Attack: pull it down, then cut through his throat
-Favorite Non-Were Mythological Beastie(s): Fenris
-Feelings Toward Vampires: as long as they don't bother me...
-Feelings Toward Normal Humans: Pity, they miss a lot in their narrow views
-Personal Lycanthropy: You want a long story ? Ok, here it comes :-)

I saw my fist wolf when i was 12 at age or so. It was in a kind of national
park, where they keep "wild" animals in limited, but natural habitat.
He came across the plain and stared direct into my eyes for a few seconds,
then he trotted away. But for me it was like hours. It was hard to think of
something else in the next days. We were there for about a week or so,
and i urged my parents to return to the wolves the other day, but this time
i saw none of them, they were obviously hiding in the forest.
I was so overwhelmed by the beauty and elegance of this creature, that i
couldn't understand that this should be the "big bad wolf" i've always been
told about. This event triggered a kind of awakening within me, i've never
felt before. I feel somehow connected to them i a very special way...

Later i started to collect everything related with wolves, mainly books.
Browsing the local library i found that there isn't much to look at. While
dogs are coverd in every matter, literature on wolves was (and is today) hard
to find. Browsing trough all the academic stuff about behavior and biology
i tried to learn as much as my time permits about them. I returned once in
a year to "my" woves in the park and watched them many hours a day. I took
a lot of photographs, which now fill the walls of my appartement. The most
wonderful time is in winter, early in the morning when the wolves get up
and are chasing eachother round the perimeter. All is quiet, the thick snow
swallows all the noise, and you can hear their breath...

Spending several days out there, it was always hard to return to the "people"
and the city and their intolerance towards wolfes. Its the knowledge, that
mainly man himself has driven the wolf to nearly extinction, that gives me
a bad, bad feeling. After the fall of the berlin-wall and the disapperance
of the german-german border, there are now some wolfpacks slowly crossing
from poland to germany. But the people act like they were in the deep ages.
Every time a newspaper reports sightings of a wolf, they start crying about
"public safety" and "dangerous predators" and so on. The hunters fear for
their deers, which they keep only to shoot them just for fun, anyway.
(Must be a odd "sport" to kill an animal just for the sake of killing)
Very seldom a hunter is caught, pretending, he saw a wild "german shepherd"
and so on.
(Sorry if i've been bothering you with all that "alt.wolves" stuff :-)

Seeing all the discrepancy in our struggle for environmental
protection, i personally feel more and more disconnected from the "human"
society and their views. I think wolves are the better "humans"...
And that brings me over to lycanthrophy (ahh, at last :-)
In most of the movies, werewolves are blood-thirsty creatures, which crawl
out at the full-moon and slaughter other beeings, mostly humans.
Im a bit sad about that presentation but that's what people want to see :-(

Working "nine to five" to earn my living, the idea of being a werewolf
saves me from all the insanity of most of the people around. My dreams
(not all of them at night :-) act as a balance to my personality.
In them, i'm running over the arctic plain, feeling the spirit of freedom,
of perfect harmony with nature, with life in itself.
Including some sexual explicit material (draw your own conclusions :-)

Realizing, that it might not be possible to physically change into a wolf
(*sigh*) i try to run my life as a human, carrying that "wolf-spirit" in mind.

--
ArcticWolf
and...@arctic.s.bawue.de