question for the group?

Lord of Shadows

Mar 22, 2005, 12:38:10 AM3/22/05

Safari

Mar 22, 2005, 2:25:47 AM3/22/05
Lord of Shadows wrote:
> any websites with actual accounts of werewolves~ just wondering? if so
> just post or email me, thanks in advance.

I understand that getting the hint is not too easy for a person like
you. Let me draw it out for you, Just who the hell do you think you are?
In all seriousness. Your first words to this group are blatant lies
about you biting some neighborhood dog. What the fuck was going through
that little pea brain of yours? Like all of a sudden we were going to be
like OMFG he bit a dog, he is the coolest person in the world. He knows
how to be a werewolf.

What does a person like you expect? You insult us with the obviously
pathetic line and now you want to be some participant in this group? Who
aside from a completely friendless dimwit would be so desperate as to
want to converse with a person who has so little of value that they have
to make up biting a dog as an improvement. Ok chuck, but aside from him?

I would rather be with a troll than a person who has such little respect
for my beliefs as to think that a story about biting a dog would make me
like them.

Safari

Wanderer

Mar 22, 2005, 5:47:33 PM3/22/05
"Safari" <omoikane@homecom> wrote in message
> Yes, go with chuck. Yes yes, you go with chuck and you form your own
> little group over there. Bye now

See what I mean? Long ago, so the oldest weres say, Safari used to have a
brain. (S)He posted relevant articles, discussed topics of interest to
other posters, and was an actual member of society (productiveness unknown).

Now, sadly, anyone who disagrees with him/her is accused of lying, forming a
cult, or other such disagreeable notions. What remains of the cerebellum
appears to have cannibalized the sense of humor to stave off this strange
wasting disease that has rendered down a once mediocre intellect into a
paranoid, semi-transsexual troll. (Whether Umbrella Corp. is involved, we
have no idea.)

Please, Safari... get help. If not for our sake, then for your own.

Yours truly,

The half-joking,

Wanderer
wand...@ticnet.com

"Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter *where* people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow!
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I* don't know!"
-- a. a. milne

Lord of Shadows

Mar 22, 2005, 7:18:28 PM3/22/05

Wanderer

Mar 22, 2005, 4:46:28 AM3/22/05
Feel free to ignore Safari. (S)He used to be an actual person, long ago...
so sad...

Anyhowl, the Real Life end of the werewolf spectrum gets overlooked a lot.
Seems werewolves don't count as cryptozoological, due to the "formerly
human" angle. Go figure. Here's what I can find:

http://www.texasbigfoot.com/Bexar2.html

The "Converse Werewolf", of Converse, TX.

http://www.gcbro.com/WS0009.html

Illinois werewolf sighting in 2001.

http://www.computing.dcu.ie/computety/2005/cohall-cty/clinicallcanthropy.html

A definition of clinical lycanthropy, including a synopsis of the McLean
Hospital survey's findings on the subject. (No sign of Case 8, though.
Lots of reference to it in werewolf articles, but nothing on what it
actually contains.)

I'll skip the Beast of Bray Road, naturally.. you've likely heard all about
it already.

Yours wolfishly,

The fast-searching,

Safari

Mar 22, 2005, 8:51:07 AM3/22/05
Wanderer wrote:
> Feel free to ignore Safari. (S)He used to be an actual person, long ago...
> so sad...

Yes, go with chuck. Yes yes, you go with chuck and you form your own
little group over there. Bye now

Safari

Wanderer

Mar 22, 2005, 10:58:46 PM3/22/05
"Lord of Shadows" <Nights...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> lol, dont worry about it, like i said i dont "fight" over the net~ dont
> have time for that. i just ignore him, i rather not play with him, kinda
> sad when you have to make up other people just so you have people to
> agree with you~ =)

<smirk> Agreed. After all, Snuh/Kane Fox is such a transparent case... :>

On a lighter note (literally), are you really attached to the HTML-postings?
Plaintext is a lot easier for those posters who have non-html newsreaders
and/or non-Windows OS. (Plus, I post in plaintext, and OE removes the black
background without touching the pale green letters...)

Still and all, welcome to the group. It's always good to welcome in a new
were of any species.

Yours wolfishly,

The smiling,

Lord of Shadows

Mar 23, 2005, 1:28:12 AM3/23/05

Safari

Mar 23, 2005, 1:54:36 AM3/23/05
Wanderer wrote:
> "Safari" <omoikane@homecom> wrote in message
>
>>Yes, go with chuck. Yes yes, you go with chuck and you form your own
>>little group over there. Bye now
>>

> See what I mean? Long ago, so the oldest weres say, Safari used to have a
> brain. (S)He posted relevant articles, discussed topics of interest to
> other posters, and was an actual member of society (productiveness unknown).

I still am. Actually, it can be said that I have made the society what
it is.

> Now, sadly, anyone who disagrees with him/her is accused of lying, forming a
> cult, or other such disagreeable notions.

You can tell me where someone disagreed with me, right? I don't even see
liar boy coming forth and defending his bull. Why don't you correct the
sentence to say that anyone who comes here with stories about biting
neighborhood dogs, their paws causing them to have bad grammer, or any
of the other lies they use gets called a liar.

What remains of the cerebellum
> appears to have cannibalized the sense of humor to stave off this strange
> wasting disease that has rendered down a once mediocre intellect into a
> paranoid, semi-transsexual troll. (Whether Umbrella Corp. is involved, we
> have no idea.)

Still yet I welcome you guys to your friendship. I certainly hope it
works for you :)

> Please, Safari... get help. If not for our sake, then for your own.

I tell you what, I will get help when people stop lying.

> Yours truly,

Wow, if only.

Safari

Safari

Mar 23, 2005, 1:57:15 AM3/23/05
Wanderer wrote:

> "Lord of Shadows" <Nights...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>
>>lol, dont worry about it, like i said i dont "fight" over the net~ dont
>>have time for that. i just ignore him, i rather not play with him, kinda
>>sad when you have to make up other people just so you have people to
>>agree with you~ =)
>

> <smirk> Agreed. After all, Snuh/Kane Fox is such a transparent case... :>
>
> On a lighter note (literally), are you really attached to the HTML-postings?
> Plaintext is a lot easier for those posters who have non-html newsreaders
> and/or non-Windows OS. (Plus, I post in plaintext, and OE removes the black
> background without touching the pale green letters...)
>
> Still and all, welcome to the group. It's always good to welcome in a new
> were of any species.
>
> Yours wolfishly,
>
> The smiling,

and talking to himself.

Safari

Wanderer

Mar 23, 2005, 3:05:20 AM3/23/05

> I still am. Actually, it can be said that I have made the society what it
> is.

<SNIP with extreme prejudice>

<deep breathing>

Yes.

Yes, Safari. You have certainly made alt.horror.werewolves what it is
today. A virtual ghost town, hanging on by an equally virtual thread. Post
counts in the single digits, where once there were many. You and all the
trolls you opened your skirt to, you and all the filthy, stinking mess
proceeding from your diseased form, you and all the rotting, putrid pile of
pollution that is your life.

When the Troll Invasion came, you danced on the battlements, having found
Your People. You rejoiced in their ability to post fifty times a day in a
single thread, adding one line to each successor post. You smiled in
trollish orgasm as your beloved invaders led the charge. And if the number
of posters in AHWW declined after that, why should you care? You had what
you wanted. No socializing, no RP, no werecards, no jokes, no spirituality,
no fun, no friends, no kidding. You had your salted field, your memorial to
your virtual bed partners that vanished into the mists of trollish anonymity
along with what little respect any of us could have held for you.

I'm pretty much the last, Safari. It's down to me and the auto-posted FAQ
now. Once I'm gone, you'll have the utter, sterile silence that fits the
vacuum in your head and heart.

And that, you lice-ridden pastiche of Mata Hari, is why I'm not leaving.

Yours wolfishly,

The plain-spoken,

Dave The Dancing Hyena

Mar 23, 2005, 5:50:10 AM3/23/05
"Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> shall never vanquished be until great
Birnam wood to high alt.horror.werewolves. hill shall come against
him.

>Yes, Safari. You have certainly made alt.horror.werewolves what it is
>today. A virtual ghost town, hanging on by an equally virtual thread. Post
>counts in the single digits, where once there were many.

No, that was you and your little "but I am a real werewolf because I
fart" clusterfucks.

Nothing kills a group faster than things like that. :(

---
"Right-wingers don’t investigate right-wingers"
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Safari

Mar 23, 2005, 8:13:24 AM3/23/05
Wanderer wrote:

<Snip>

You know what you wrote. Let me state the obvious for a second. I am not
arguing with you chuck. It is just that I don't understand you. Let me
explain.

Right now you are trying to welcome 2 people. Whether they are actually
real is up for another debate, but for the moment I will assume they
are. You are bothered because I do not roll out the red carpet for them,
and welcome them with open arms. I am leaving that to you. You can have
them. In his first few posts one of them claims that his grammar is bad
because it is hard to type with paws. The other one is claiming to be a
werewolf because he bit the neighbors dog. You are over there doing a
victory dance because you got these people on your side?

I'll tell you a secret wanderer. In my 10 years + of being the scourge
of usenet werewolves I have learned a few things. In the beginning I ran
around and created all sorts of alternate identities to spy and attack
with. Now I just use them to get a good laugh. You see, I am of the
opinion that if you take and put all the liars and the backstabbers, all
the people playing games for whatever reasons, all the people who are
trying to scam for whatever reason and you set them off apart from you
and make them a force that hates you, that you will not have to actually
fight most of the battles. In all honesty, for as bad as my flames may
have been through the years it is nothing compared to the pain this
community caused itself with all of it's infighting and deceptions. You
are right, I was never really a part of that were community. I watched
as people lied to eachother. I watched as friendships broke because
those lies carried faith and belief. You never got it wanderer. For all
the evil that the royal family was, all of the backbiting, political
plays, scamming, lying, cheating, backstabbing, deceiving and generally
ass behavior was done between all of you. All I have said is that when
you want to start getting serious I have a better way.

My way involves dropping the bullshit. You wonder why you are so easily
made fun of, it is because you let people treat your beliefs as a joke.
That isn't to say I don't have a sense of humor. We all do funny things.
But I am talking about the bad way of being a joke. Of being the fool or
a liar. Feel free to be good friends with the lord of the shadows or
whatever his name is. You see, I know as well as you do that he is full
of it. I told him so. You didn't. Now you become the liar as he tries to
suck up to you, and you try to distance yourself from an obvious
problem. Pretty much the way I destroyed the were communities is by
putting them together.

Now, feel free to go make a place where you can show the world how
spiritual you really are. Take your little pups and go play werewolf
again. When you finally tire of all the bullshit, that is when you will
have something to say.

Dyno Mutt

Mar 23, 2005, 6:05:39 PM3/23/05
Wanderer <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in
<11428q1...@corp.supernews.com>:

>"Safari" <omoikane@homecom> wrote in message
>> I still am. Actually, it can be said that I have made the society what
it
>> is.
>
><SNIP with extreme prejudice>
>
><deep breathing>
>
>Yes.
>
>Yes, Safari. You have certainly made alt.horror.werewolves what it is
>today. A virtual ghost town, hanging on by an equally virtual thread.

ROTFLMAO!

>Post
>counts in the single digits, where once there were many.

<tiny violins>

>You and all the
>trolls you opened your skirt to, you and all the filthy, stinking mess
>proceeding from your diseased form, you and all the rotting, putrid pile
of
>pollution that is your life.

<falls outta chair>
OMG! Theres your problem Chuck: you take this shit too seriously and
neglect the things that really matter...like your health.

Wanderer

Mar 23, 2005, 7:47:59 PM3/23/05
Dear Safari:

Okay, Lady Babble-On, you've had your say. Here's mine.

I don't expect you to "roll out the red carpet". To be honest, if you were
so much as polite to anyone in my presence, I'd wonder who slipped Valium in
your drink. Your usual repertoire consists of ridiculing people's beliefs,
ridiculing people's history, ridiculing people's names, ridiculing people's
families... seeing a pattern here, Safari? Because the rest of us sure are.
You're nothing but a one-dimensional iconoclast, with no purpose in life but
to attack others on any grounds your twisted little brain can imagine.

See, those of us who don't automatically figure that anyone different from
us must be bad, mean, evil liars (which is anyone not living in your
princess-apality of Xenophobia) recognized the "my paws couldn't reach the
keys" post as a joke. Since you have no memory of that word, here's a
mnemonic:

Jack's
Only
Kidding,
Everyone

That post was not meant to be serious, Safari. It's only your "everyone's
lying but me" attitude that prevents you from understanding any form of
humor that doesn't involve bodily functions.

As for biting the neighbor's dog? Safari, you twit, what makes you think
that's impossible?:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/breaking_news/5682163.htm

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/world/story/2B3A9E15A01DEB6F86256FB200557DA2?OpenDocument&Headline=Blind+man+allegedly+bites+his+guide+dog

There you go. Three seperate instances of "Man Bites Dog", and only one of
them was drunk. Saf, this may surprise you, but People Are Animals. That
means we actually use our teeth as weapons sometimes. It's rare, due to the
limited reach on a human jaw; that doesn't mean it's impossible, however.
And what the poster describes is only one step beyond what I did with the
pit bull, that crucial step from threat to action. (I'm just as glad I
didn't; Pit bulls can chew sheet steel.)

Now here's a non-secret for you, Safari: In order to accomplish your goal
of making everyone you decide is a liar and backstabber hate you, you've
become a liar (many names, one poster) and a backstabber (laughing right
along with the Troll Invasion). And since you've openly declared that you
now do it "to get a good laugh", well, gee, that isn't "playing games", now
is it? Especially since you're the only one laughing.

Face it, Safari. For all you laugh about how "easily made fun of" I am,
that's because you had to become everything you "hate" in order to justify
your stinking, little attitude. You didn't drop the B.S., Safari, you
swallowed it and incorporated it into your being. And now you just sit
back, throw rocks at anyone trying to talk around your willful stupidity,
and wonder why we don't understand that your way is "better". Safari,
you're only one step up from Storm. And it's a very small step.

Did we occasionally snarl and snap at each other before the Troll Invasion?
Yes. We, like any organized social structure, had our arguments and
falling-outs. But we were still happy to be together, to share that part of
us that wanted to be with other people like us. Werewolves and those who
like them, totem followers, even a few devoted furs (Captain Packrat,
anywere?) joined in, and we were a group. And you, with those brown eyes of
yours, couldn't see anything positive in people getting together to do what
they liked, when they liked, with who they liked, could you? If we floated
the idea of a werewolf community, it was a "scam". If I tried to assemble a
cookbook, it was a "scam", with "lies". If someone comes here and talks
about their beliefs, they're "lying", because nobody could actually have
feelings, could they, Princess? Nobody but you, you sad little tick.

See, Pain-cess, we're real. We come here and talk about real things. And
if you, in your psychotic belief that only You are real, can't stand it,
then you're welcome to go flouncing back and bend over for those "friends"
that finally tired of you and headed back to their flamegroups. Because
you, Safari, have been lying to yourself for so long, you don't know what
truth is any longer.

Yours in honesty,

The anti-Safari,

Wanderer

Mar 23, 2005, 7:48:31 PM3/23/05
"K4nE F0>" < <ieat...@asaladbar.net> wrote in message
> What did your psychologist diagnose you as again?

Sane. You?

Safari

Mar 24, 2005, 1:51:24 AM3/24/05
Wanderer wrote:
> Dear Safari:
>
> Okay, Lady Babble-On, you've had your say. Here's mine.

This ought to be good for a laugh.

> I don't expect you to "roll out the red carpet". To be honest, if you were
> so much as polite to anyone in my presence, I'd wonder who slipped Valium in
> your drink. Your usual repertoire consists of ridiculing people's beliefs,
> ridiculing people's history, ridiculing people's names, ridiculing people's
> families... seeing a pattern here, Safari? Because the rest of us sure are.
> You're nothing but a one-dimensional iconoclast, with no purpose in life but
> to attack others on any grounds your twisted little brain can imagine.

Sorry chuck, but I would have to point you to the past couple of months
posts as evidence that you are wrong. Of course, it took how long for
you to post on topic? Oh yeah, I had to troll you into it. It wasn't
easy, but now if you are going to beat me by turning this place into
some great were haven, feel free to make yet another attempt. The
question is how many failures is it going to take before you realize
when you cater to every liar on usenet you make a big joke out of
yourself, and you basically ruin any chance of success. I wonder why you
were never able to do anything in all of 2004 when my presence was
basically nil. Oh yeah, because you are nothing.

> See, those of us who don't automatically figure that anyone different from
> us must be bad, mean, evil liars (which is anyone not living in your
> princess-apality of Xenophobia) recognized the "my paws couldn't reach the
> keys" post as a joke. Since you have no memory of that word, here's a
> mnemonic:

Neither do I chuck, but I do believe people who claim their paws make
them have bad grammer or that they are werewolves because they bite dogs
are.

> Jack's
> Only
> Kidding,
> Everyone

Sorry, but jack only claimed it was a joke after people started laughing
about it. I heard the same thing from pinky years ago when she claimed
to be an outer space werecollie. How many people have been hurt by that
lie? She still seems to be here despite claiming the mothership has been
coming here for her since 95.

> That post was not meant to be serious, Safari. It's only your "everyone's
> lying but me" attitude that prevents you from understanding any form of
> humor that doesn't involve bodily functions.

Sorry chuck, but you are wrong, and he is a liar.

> As for biting the neighbor's dog? Safari, you twit, what makes you think
> that's impossible?:

Those are your words. I said it doesn't make you a werewolf, and said if
he is actually biting dogs he probably is someone you want to avoid. I
also think he is a liar as the story makes no sense. Not that it is
impossible to bite a dog, but more than likely an attacking dog of any
size over a chihuahua is not going to be driven off by a human biting
it. But you can feel free to try to put words in my mouth yet again if
it makes your point easier.

That is the chuck I know.

> There you go. Three seperate instances of "Man Bites Dog", and only one of
> them was drunk. Saf, this may surprise you, but People Are Animals. That
> means we actually use our teeth as weapons sometimes. It's rare, due to the
> limited reach on a human jaw; that doesn't mean it's impossible, however.
> And what the poster describes is only one step beyond what I did with the
> pit bull, that crucial step from threat to action. (I'm just as glad I
> didn't; Pit bulls can chew sheet steel.)

Exactly my point. He said he bit n attacking dog. Now even a dog that is
not a pit bull has far more powerful jaws than a human has. A dog also
has something called fur, and for those of you like chuck who are not
familiar with fur it acts as shielding when confronted with human teeth.
So basically not only are you far weaker at biting than even a small
chihuahua when you bite the dog you are going to do it less damage
because your teeth are not sharp and pointy and the hair will diffuse a
lot of the pressure and you will end up just gnarling it's fur. Now can
you explain to me some scenario of how this person could have driven off
an attacking dog by biting it? Had he said beating on it, or maybe bear
hugging it it may have been somewhat more believable, but going bite to
bite with a dig you are going to loose, plus putting your head face and
neck close enough to bite a attacking dog you are at an increadible
reactionary disadvantage as a dog's head is far quicker than yours is.

However, you feel free to tell me again how this person is not lying.
Remember the story chuck, and also remember that more than likely this
person is in the good old USA and when a pet comes home with a human
bite mark the owners call the cops to find out who in the neighborhood
has been abusing their pooch. I am sure the police did not have to far
to go when looking at a list of local suspects considering someone who
would go so far as to bite a dog has mental issues that would cause them
to come into negative contact with the cops.

> Now here's a non-secret for you, Safari: In order to accomplish your goal
> of making everyone you decide is a liar and backstabber hate you, you've
> become a liar (many names, one poster) and a backstabber (laughing right
> along with the Troll Invasion).

Sorry, kiddo. point disproven. I know you would like to claim I am all
the other trolls here, but you missed a very proveable fact that
precludes me from being one of them. One of the reasons I was not here
for a quarter of last year was that I was in jail without internet
access. During that time all the trolls you have decided I am were
posting. So chuck, that makes you a liar. However, why don't you feel
free to tell people of how you try to rid this group of people who
disagree with you by netcopping them, or did you forget how I got your
real name and address.

And since you've openly declared that you
> now do it "to get a good laugh", well, gee, that isn't "playing games", now
> is it? Especially since you're the only one laughing.

Well, no. Sorry chuck, but other people are laughing. Actually there are
some that are not laughing only because they have sought out the
spiritual discussion you promise but have not delivered on, and found
nothing but funny intros and bad jokes about paws giving someone bad
grammer. If that is all you have chuck, you have already lost.

You see chuck, I have been exploring shamanism, elementalism,
shapeshifting, world philosophy and religion, and just in general going
on my own spiritual trip for the past 10 years as you guys have been
coming up with werecode and wondering when the next cool werewolf movie
is going to come out. While you have been going to howls where a bunch
of werewolves have a sleepover around a computer, I have been on the
tops of mountains going beyond my physical form. So while I may be a
troll, I am also far more able to converse about these subjects than you
will ever be no matter how much you suspect your mommie was a
werepanther, or how often you say you feel phantom paws. Thew fact is
you have nothing but a list of werewolfy websites and your sig file to
offer anyone looking for a decent conversation. I ask you where you
werew when the conversation was getting philisophical a while back? Oh
yeah, your one and only contribution to the hundreds of pages written on
wereism was saying furries are not sexual. WOW! hold me back from my
round of applause.

> Face it, Safari. For all you laugh about how "easily made fun of" I am,
> that's because you had to become everything you "hate" in order to justify
> your stinking, little attitude.

I am still not like you. I don't hate the trolls wanderer, so becoming
one of them was not so horrible for me, but the day I start judging my
spirit by the number of werewolf sites I have in my favorites folder I
certainly hope someone comes along and does me the service of amusing
themselves with my uselessness.

You didn't drop the B.S., Safari, you
> swallowed it and incorporated it into your being. And now you just sit
> back, throw rocks at anyone trying to talk around your willful stupidity,
> and wonder why we don't understand that your way is "better". Safari,
> you're only one step up from Storm. And it's a very small step.

Yes, the step that makes me different from storm is that instead of
using my knowledge of your weaknesses to come in and con you out of
money I use it to flame the hell out of you and laugh at you. Storm and
I know the same things about you.

> Did we occasionally snarl and snap at each other before the Troll Invasion?
> Yes. We, like any organized social structure, had our arguments and
> falling-outs. But we were still happy to be together, to share that part of
> us that wanted to be with other people like us.

What universe are you in? Actually, that is a blatant lie by you. If
those groups were all so great and they are so now why have you been
unable to create your cookbook? Why are you here? What groups did you
get laughed out of chuck? What admin did you tick off by having an
opinion of your own? I know why you are here chuck. Why don't you tell
everyone else why you aren't in one of those little paradises? Is it
because my company is so awesome you could not avoid me? Come on liar.
Make up a good reason like you are here to save man bites dog, or paws
of bad grammer.

Werewolves and those who
> like them, totem followers, even a few devoted furs (Captain Packrat,
> anywere?) joined in, and we were a group. And you, with those brown eyes of
> yours, couldn't see anything positive in people getting together to do what
> they liked, when they liked, with who they liked, could you?

You really have no idea of what went on in those days aside from what a
couple of old school were have decided to tell you. Have you ever
thought that maybe those people have only been telling you the side of
the story that paints them as saints? Why don't you ask some of those
people about someone named James Harrion the third AKA winterdreamer and
see what they tell you.

If we floated
> the idea of a werewolf community, it was a "scam". If I tried to assemble a
> cookbook, it was a "scam", with "lies". If someone comes here and talks
> about their beliefs, they're "lying", because nobody could actually have
> feelings, could they, Princess? Nobody but you, you sad little tick.

What beliefs chuck? Did I say that blackbear was a liar, or that BJ was
a liar? No, but you fail to mention them. Of course, I feel everyone is
a liar because I said a guy who made up a story about outbiting an
attacking dog is a lie. WHy don't you tell them about the outer space
werecollie who is a friend of yours, or maybe about the guy who has to
have his teeth filed down every week because he is a werewolf. Funny how
he could never provide something as simple as a dental record. WHy don't
you tell them about who was the one who blew the whistle on storm since
you like to bring up names from the past you know so little about. Why
don't you tell them who wouldn't turn their back and go with the crowd
as he was claiming he would shift people? It was me chuck. Why don't you
tell them who was still here afterwards trying to picdk up the peices,
and how many of these caring people of the werecommunity turned their
back on the greiving and blamed the victims for falling for the con
artist. Like I say chuck, at least you can see where a troll is coming
from, but when your friends give up on you for believing in a person
they couldn't denounce because it might ruin their reputation.....Feel
free to go with those people chuck. I say good riddance to those piles
of shit.

> See, Pain-cess, we're real.

Yes you are painfully real. To all those you hurt or disalusioned you
are very very real. But feel free to endager some of your friends by
bringing man bites dog into your great pack. I am quite sure he is
completely harmless.

We come here and talk about real things. And
> if you, in your psychotic belief that only You are real, can't stand it,
> then you're welcome to go flouncing back and bend over for those "friends"
> that finally tired of you and headed back to their flamegroups. Because
> you, Safari, have been lying to yourself for so long, you don't know what
> truth is any longer.

Feel free to show me up chuck :) Feel free to prove I am wrong about any
of this. Feel free to get some good on topic posting going. You couldn't
do it in 2004 when I wasn't here, why do you think you will be able to
do it now that I am back.

> Yours in honesty,
>
> The anti-Safari,

That is about the first honest thing you have said. However, it is good
to note you define yourself by using me. Like I have always said you
would have nothing to talk about if it wasn't for being against me.

Safari

Cypher

Mar 24, 2005, 12:03:53 PM3/24/05

Wanderer wrote:
> "Safari" <omoikane@homecom> wrote in message
> > Yes, go with chuck. Yes yes, you go with chuck and you form your
own
> > little group over there. Bye now
> >

> See what I mean? Long ago, so the oldest weres say, Safari used to
have a
> brain. (S)He posted relevant articles, discussed topics of interest
> other posters, and was an actual member of society (productiveness
unknown).

She still is posting relevant articles. Did you not read the thread I
posted, or her "Smatterings" thread? I do not remember you posting
anything relevent there except your bitching about furries.

> Now, sadly, anyone who disagrees with him/her is accused of lying,
forming a
> cult, or other such disagreeable notions. What remains of the
cerebellum
> appears to have cannibalized the sense of humor to stave off this
strange
> wasting disease that has rendered down a once mediocre intellect into
> paranoid, semi-transsexual troll. (Whether Umbrella Corp. is
involved, we
> have no idea.)

Blackbear and I disagreed with some of her points, but we didn't get
flamed. You really need to drop this Safari crap, your little barbs
here are there are getting old. I wasn't going to say anything and
perpetuate the problem, but damn...

> Please, Safari... get help. If not for our sake, then for your own.

You post about the moon (who cares), a bit about a movie related to
werewolves, then mention you need a job and you think that counts as
real spiritual conversation. I'm not saying this place can't have a
little fluff here and there, but you seem to have had this inability to
post anything relevent for some time now. Perhaps you are the one who
needs help.

Wanderer

Mar 24, 2005, 12:49:02 PM3/24/05

> Sorry chuck, but I would have to point you to the past couple of months
> posts as evidence that you are wrong. Of course, it took how long for you
> to post on topic?

Gee, that would be as long as it took me to finish mourning my mother.
Sorry I actually mourned the death of another human being, Safari. I know
that was wrong and evil of me, but I just couldn't help it. </sarcasm>

> Neither do I chuck, but I do believe people who claim their paws make them
> have bad grammer or that they are werewolves because they bite dogs are.

You still didn't recognize it as a joke, where the rest of us (not counting
the Communist Vargena... no, I'm not accusing him, that's his shtick)
recognized it for a bit of RP. Face it, Princess, you wouldn't know a good
joke if it sat down on your keyboard. You have the sense of humor of a
three-year-old.

>> As for biting the neighbor's dog? Safari, you twit, what makes you think
>> that's impossible?:
>
> Those are your words. I said it doesn't make you a werewolf, and said if
> he is actually biting dogs he probably is someone you want to avoid.

Ah. So you never said, in that thread:

"Would it be too much to ask him not to lie?"

"It's a stream of something."

"No, just a bad liar with self esteem issues."

"Maybe he is not crazy, he could just be on some really hard drugs."

"Sure, that is why the first words out of your mouth were blatant lies."

"How about not lying in the future?"

You didn't specify any one part of his post to be lies, Safari Been-various
Whiteliars, so I have to assume you're calling the whole post a lie. That
argues you don't believe a man can bite a dog.

> I also think he is a liar as the story makes no sense. Not that it is
> impossible to bite a dog, but more than likely an attacking dog of any
> size over a chihuahua is not going to be driven off by a human biting it.
> But you can feel free to try to put words in my mouth yet again if it
> makes your point easier.

Ah, but your own are so much more informative about the little diaper-load
you really are, Princess. See, if you'd actually read the news reports I
linked to, rather than dismissing them sight unseen, you'd have noticed the
one man bit a police dog on the ear, and had to be stopped with a taser. A
trained police dog, stopped by a man biting its ear. Guess the whole Kansas
City police department is lying, huh, Safari? Because after all, you *must*
be right, right? Couldn't learn anything you didn't create yourself.

> Exactly my point. He said he bit n attacking dog. Now even a dog that is
> not a pit bull has far more powerful jaws than a human has. A dog also has
> something called fur, and for those of you like chuck who are not familiar
> with fur it acts as shielding when confronted with human teeth.

<WHOOP! WHOOP!>

"This has been an irony alert. If you did not intend your previous
statement to be ironic, you may be an idiot. Please report to an
uninterested party for analysis of your ironic statement."

For those few who actually need information on fur, (that would be you,
Princess), fur is not evenly distributed over a dog's (or other animal's)
body. It's shorter in some areas (particularly the ears and face) and
longer in others (particularly the neck). Fur is distinguished from hair
primarily by its dual nature: The undercoat is soft and downy, while the
overcoat (or guard hairs) is coarse and waterproof. Not all animals have
both layers, particularly among domesticated species.

Fur, you poor excuse for a princess, provides little protection against
biting; it's insulation. Unless you're trying to chomp a Chow, there
usually isn't going to be enough hair in the way to matter, even against
human teeth. The bite-protection is the loose skin of the dog, *not* the
fur. This is why breeds created for dogfighting (the Shar-Pei, for example)
have a great deal of loose skin, rather than long fur.

> So basically not only are you far weaker at biting than even a small
> chihuahua when you bite the dog you are going to do it less damage because
> your teeth are not sharp and pointy and the hair will diffuse a lot of the
> pressure and you will end up just gnarling it's fur. Now can you explain
> to me some scenario of how this person could have driven off an attacking
> dog by biting it?

You mean aside from the fact that a human appears much larger to a dog?
Aside from the fact that the dog hadn't bit him at that point and was likely
trying to establish dominance over the territory, rather than "attacking",
as LoS thought? Aside from the fact that, after biting the dog once, LoS
"fought it off" (his words), rather than your fevered imagination's
bitefest? Aside from the dog figuring he couldn't handle a bitey human?
Aside from all of that, you mean?

<snip>

> I am sure the police did not have to far to go when looking at a list of
> local suspects considering someone who would go so far as to bite a dog
> has mental issues that would cause them to come into negative contact with
> the cops.

Uh-huh. Riiight. Somebody whose dog is wandering the streets at night is
going to take a Mikrosil cast of the latest bitemark to determine it's
human. That same somebody, regardless of violating the leash laws, is going
to call up the police and put out an APB on a dog biter. The police,
ignoring the leash law violations, will hunt down anyone in the area they've
previously had any kind of trouble with, because they "know" they'd bite a
dog. And, of course, if you bite a dog once, it means you're completely
crazy and have been in trouble with the law before.

What color is the sky in your world, Safari, and does it fall on you a lot?

> Sorry, kiddo. point disproven. I know you would like to claim I am all the
> other trolls here, but you missed a very proveable fact that precludes me
> from being one of them. One of the reasons I was not here for a quarter of
> last year was that I was in jail without internet access. During that time
> all the trolls you have decided I am were posting. So chuck, that makes
> you a liar.

It would if I was claiming you were any of the current crop. I was working
from your words:

"In the beginning I ran
around and created all sorts of alternate identities to spy and attack

with. Now I just use them to get a good laugh."--Safari, 3/23/2005

Safari, dear dodo, how would I know which ones you were? I'm the one that
Snuh/K4NEF0X still crows about, remember? I just accepted your tacit
confession that you keep up the seperate identities you possess on Usenet.
Or are you saying that you're always lying? <innocent look>

> However, why don't you feel free to tell people of how you try to rid this
> group of people who disagree with you by netcopping them, or did you
> forget how I got your real name and address.

By sleeping with your admin, as I recall. Or was there any sleep involved?
<innocent look> And you might want to show them what you posted that
prompted my letter to your admin... if you think anyone can stomach it.

> Well, no. Sorry chuck, but other people are laughing.

Naturally. Your claim to the moral high ground is as laughable as it gets.

> Actually there are some that are not laughing only because they have
> sought out the spiritual discussion you promise but have not delivered on,
> and found nothing but funny intros and bad jokes about paws giving someone
> bad grammer. If that is all you have chuck, you have already lost.

<aside> Just can't keep us straight, can he? </aside> Sorry, Safari, but
I never promised spiritual discussion. I am a spiritual werewolf, in that
my werewolf nature is spiritual. If asked, I'll discuss Christianity and my
animal nature. But I don't preach, and only teach by example. (In this
case, not respecting the egotistical attitudes of idiots is the lesson of
the day.) Much like making "sock-puppet" identities, pushing my religious
views on other people is Something I Don't Do.

I'm a Christian, Safari, and that one word carries a few hundred years of
baggage with it. Christianity is going to be paying for a lot of stupid
mistakes (Inquisition, witch trials, Albigensian extirpation, Crusades) for
a long time yet. So, to avoid ever being classed with the Religious
Self-Righteous, I keep it quiet, discussing my religion only when the
opportunity presents itself.

Oh, and my jokes go in my sign-off, and the "paws" joke was Gevaudan's. No
matter how much you accuse me, you're still not changing reality and making
them be me.

> You see chuck, I have been exploring shamanism, elementalism,
> shapeshifting, world philosophy and religion, and just in general going

... to prison... sorry...

> on my own spiritual trip for the past 10 years as you guys have been
> coming up with werecode and wondering when the next cool werewolf movie is
> going to come out.

Fifth of Never, it looks like... and werecode never got off the ground,
remember? Poor Safari, what did they pump you full of in prison? (Besides
the obvious... <looks around> I'm talking about idiocy, you perverts...)

> While you have been going to howls where a bunch of werewolves have a
> sleepover around a computer,

<rolls eyes> Right, Safari. We lugged a computer out to a primitive
campsite and snuck a generator past the rangers to be able to use it, all so
we wouldn't miss out on your next apotheosis. Get a life, Saf. We went out
into a primitive camping area, cooked food over a campfire, and slept under
the stars. We howled at the moon. We hugged and skritched, we went hiking
and swimming. We had Fun, Safari. Out in the open, away from all computers
and artificial lights, we had Fun. Why is this concept so impossible for
you to grasp? We wanted time away from technology and concrete, and we got
it.

> I have been on the tops of mountains going beyond my physical form.

Yes, yes, you told us. It doesn't show at all, since you never mentioned
this alleged "experience" before Blackbear arrived, but go ahead and tell us
of your religious studies, Safari. Oh, and which mountains? I'm not going
Tibet which ones, so I could use some Alp here.

> So while I may be a troll, I am also far more able to converse about these
> subjects than you will ever be no matter how much you suspect your mommie
> was a werepanther, or how often you say you feel phantom paws.

"Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues."--Confucius

"Modesty is the color of virtue."--Diogenes

"Search others for their virtues, and thyself for they vices."--Thomas
Fuller

"The bird of wisdom flies low, and seeks her food under hedges; the eagle
himself would be starved if he always soared aloft and against the
sun."--Walter Landor

And one of my favorites:

" I don't pretend to understand the Universe - it's a great deal bigger than
I am...People ought to be modester."--Thomas Carlyle

Your arrogance indicates your experiences have had little impact upon you.

> Thew fact is you have nothing but a list of werewolfy websites and your
> sig file to offer anyone looking for a decent conversation. I ask you
> where you werew when the conversation was getting philisophical a while
> back? Oh yeah, your one and only contribution to the hundreds of pages
> written on wereism was saying furries are not sexual. WOW! hold me back
> from my round of applause.

Philosophy is an individual and unifying study, Safari. Would you have had
me try to play the guru? I stepped in when errors were made, and did my
best to correct them. (And the fact that you consider "How are Weres
different from Furries?" to be high philosophy says a lot more about you
than about the newsgroup.)

> I am still not like you. I don't hate the trolls wanderer, so becoming one
> of them was not so horrible for me, but the day I start judging my spirit
> by the number of werewolf sites I have in my favorites folder I certainly
> hope someone comes along and does me the service of amusing themselves
> with my uselessness.

Ah, another uninformed slam, and one I can have fun with. Care to guess how
many werewolf sites I have in my favorites folder at this moment, Safari? I
promise, no deletion takes place, not for months now. So take a guess.
Ready?

Answer: Zero. Being a werewolf has nothing to do with websites. By your
own standards, this makes you a "liar", but I'll try not to hold it against
you.

> Yes, the step that makes me different from storm is that instead of using
> my knowledge of your weaknesses to come in and con you out of money I use
> it to flame the hell out of you and laugh at you. Storm and I know the
> same things about you.

Storm runs an ISP these days, last I heard. You, on the other paw, just sit
and snort at whatever you decide cannot be true.

>> Did we occasionally snarl and snap at each other before the Troll
>> Invasion? Yes. We, like any organized social structure, had our
>> arguments and falling-outs. But we were still happy to be together, to
>> share that part of us that wanted to be with other people like us.
>
> What universe are you in? Actually, that is a blatant lie by you.

So spake Goddess Safari, omniscient of days. </sarcasm> This universe, you
know-nothing. Unlike you, I'm actually a part of the Were community.

> If those groups were all so great and they are so now why have you been
> unable to create your cookbook?

Gee, because most of us don't cook? Nah, that couldn't be a problem when
you're collecting recipes... </sarcasm>

> Why are you here?

Existentialism, Saf? My, you've caught up to the Nineteenth Century in
Philosophy 101...

> What groups did you get laughed out of chuck?

None, so far. You?

> What admin did you tick off by having an opinion of your own?

Since I don't troll, I don't need to sleep with the admin to ensure my
safety. My admin runs the network, I run my life, and seldom the twain do
meet.

To answer the question, however: I'm a good member of my ISP and my mailing
lists, and have never ticked off an admin. My mailserver's ticked off a few
mailservers, mind you, since it sends false bounce reports, but that's a
different matter.

> I know why you are here chuck. Why don't you tell everyone else why you
> aren't in one of those little paradises? Is it because my company is so
> awesome you could not avoid me? Come on liar. Make up a good reason like
> you are here to save man bites dog, or paws of bad grammer.

<bored>Why make up a reason, when the real ones will get just as much
ridicule from a narrow-brained eunuch like you? I'm here because I'm here,
Safari. Because when someone comes to this group, there should be someone
here besides a troll to welcome them. Because I refuse to let you and the
other trolls win. Because I remember what this group used to be. Because
this is not all there is, nor should it be. Because the Troll Invasion
should not go down in the annals of stupidity as a victory. Because you're
an egotistical fool and I'm here to puncture that gasbag of yours. Take
your pick, Princess, they're all true. </bored>

> Werewolves and those who
>> like them, totem followers, even a few devoted furs (Captain Packrat,
>> anywere?) joined in, and we were a group. And you, with those brown eyes
>> of yours, couldn't see anything positive in people getting together to do
>> what they liked, when they liked, with who they liked, could you?
>
> You really have no idea of what went on in those days aside from what a
> couple of old school were have decided to tell you. Have you ever thought
> that maybe those people have only been telling you the side of the story
> that paints them as saints?

Have you ever thought your memory's going, Brainless? Check Google before
you dig that hole any deeper, hm?

<snip>

> What beliefs chuck?

A question you'll be asking even after it's answered, because you cannot see
them.

> Did I say that blackbear was a liar, or that BJ was a liar? No, but you
> fail to mention them.

Why let you abuse them in print? You've held off so far, and the rest of us
are waiting for the other combat boot to drop.

> Of course, I feel everyone is a liar because I said a guy who made up a
> story about outbiting an attacking dog is a lie.

And just because people actually bite dogs sometimes means he's making it
up, because Princess Brainless says so! So there!

> WHy don't you tell them about the outer space werecollie who is a friend
> of yours,

Since Pinky never said that to me, I couldn't, now could I?

> or maybe about the guy who has to have his teeth filed down every week
> because he is a werewolf. Funny how he could never provide something as
> simple as a dental record.

Can you provide a dental record? I mean, if it's so simple...

> WHy don't you tell them about who was the one who blew the whistle on
> storm since you like to bring up names from the past you know so little
> about.

Everyone who managed to escape, last I heard. The stories posted revealed
all too much, thank you. (I read them at the time, you see.) But I expect
you're claiming it was you, O Heroine of Time and Space...

> Why don't you tell them who wouldn't turn their back and go with the crowd
> as he was claiming he would shift people?

You mean besides me? Sadly, I was in college then, and unable to post, or I
would have gladly confessed my misgivings. Instead, I had to watch as the
membership of the NG walked headlong into a bad situation. (No Usenet
posting from Eastfield, and no, I did not have a computer, thank you.) But
again, I expect you're claiming it was you, O Savior of Humanity...

> It was me chuck.

<sarcasm> Gee, I must be psychic. </sarcasm>

> Why don't you tell them who was still here afterwards trying to picdk up
> the peices, and how many of these caring people of the werecommunity
> turned their back on the greiving and blamed the victims for falling for
> the con artist.

The way you skew it, who can tell? But, gee, might it have been Safari,
Warrior Princess? (In the book of Never, maybe...)

> Like I say chuck, at least you can see where a troll is coming from, but
> when your friends give up on you for believing in a person they couldn't
> denounce because it might ruin their reputation.....Feel free to go with
> those people chuck. I say good riddance to those piles of shit.

E-mail Storm and tell him he beat you, then. Because it looks like you've
decided he gets to define what a werewolf is.

>> See, Pain-cess, we're real.
>
> Yes you are painfully real. To all those you hurt or disalusioned you are
> very very real. But feel free to endager some of your friends by bringing
> man bites dog into your great pack. I am quite sure he is completely
> harmless.

<rolls eyes> All together now, o/It's the end of the world as we know
it...\o

Yours wolfishly,

The rest-snipping,

Trouser Snake

Mar 24, 2005, 4:47:36 PM3/24/05
Wanderer <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in
<11443iv...@corp.supernews.com>:

LIAR.

Safari

Mar 25, 2005, 3:43:59 AM3/25/05
Never let it be said that overkill does not amuse me :)

Wanderer wrote:
> "Safari" <omoikane@homecom> wrote in message
>
>>Sorry chuck, but I would have to point you to the past couple of months
>>posts as evidence that you are wrong. Of course, it took how long for you
>>to post on topic?
>

> Gee, that would be as long as it took me to finish mourning my mother.
> Sorry I actually mourned the death of another human being, Safari. I know
> that was wrong and evil of me, but I just couldn't help it. </sarcasm>

How long were you mourning chuck? Were you mourning last summer while I
was in jail? What was your excuse then chuck? You have more excuses than
you have on topic posts. At least the trolls are good for a laugh or two
at times, but you just can't do anything. Seriously, with all your great
connections in the were community and the large amount of respect you
have gathered over the years how is it that you have failed to even make
that cookbook you started when Kamatu was still posting here. What is
your excuse? Was it me all that time in 2004 who was stopping you by not
posting? Was I magically stopping you while I was in jail? There seems
to be a small problem with you blaming me for all your failures. As much
as I would love to take credit, and often do as a joke, for your lack of
ability to come up with anything even remotely interesting, it is you
who stops yourself. Yes, you are your biggest enemy, it is just more
convenient to blame me than to actually put some effort into succeding
at something.

>>Neither do I chuck, but I do believe people who claim their paws make them
>>have bad grammer or that they are werewolves because they bite dogs are.
>

> You still didn't recognize it as a joke, where the rest of us (not counting
> the Communist Vargena... no, I'm not accusing him, that's his shtick)
> recognized it for a bit of RP. Face it, Princess, you wouldn't know a good
> joke if it sat down on your keyboard. You have the sense of humor of a
> three-year-old.

Chuck, your words fall short yet again. You claim that I hate
Roleplaying? Dude, I am the fucking queen of RP. I have been to RP
conventions. I have run LARPS that have taken over entire hotels. I have
run paintball scenario games that get over 500 people. I love RP. From
D&D to the sailor moon roleplaying game I have so many books and games
and rules. I have run tabletop adventures that have made the players cry
because of some of the tragedies I have brought about in the game and
the way I weave a story.

As for having a sense of humor chuck I do some stand up comedy. I do
fairly well at it, and it is the rare person who can spend a day with me
and not have me crack them up once or twice. Yes I know humor chuck.
Biting a dog is not funny. It is abuse to the animal. Let me just say if
it was my dog that kid bit he better hope the cops caught him before I
did. Chuck, what the fuck are you talking about? Do you even have any
idea of who I am? Dude, I am not just a legend here on the net, but I am
a local town legend.

>>>As for biting the neighbor's dog? Safari, you twit, what makes you think
>>>that's impossible?:
>>
>>Those are your words. I said it doesn't make you a werewolf, and said if
>>he is actually biting dogs he probably is someone you want to avoid.
>

> Ah. So you never said, in that thread:
>
> "Would it be too much to ask him not to lie?"
>
> "It's a stream of something."
>
> "No, just a bad liar with self esteem issues."
>
> "Maybe he is not crazy, he could just be on some really hard drugs."
>
> "Sure, that is why the first words out of your mouth were blatant lies."
>
> "How about not lying in the future?"

the fact that it is a lie. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I am
saying it did not happen like he said it did. Get your alter ego back
here chudcko and have him defend himself. He knows he is a liar that is
why he has shut up and run. This is what you get when you defend a peice
of shit. You get left holding the bag arguing possibilities.

Is this not humiliating enough for you? Even the guys you are defending
arent coming up. Look, there are some people around here who believe
something. I know no one asked me to do it, but when I see someone
coming along and pissing all over those beliefs by claiming they are a
werewolf because they bit a dog I take offense and am goinhg to hammer
them for their idiocy. Yes, I am saying it is disrespectful and wrong to
come to this group with some story about how your anger made you go all
wolfy and how much of a big bad werewoof you are.

> You didn't specify any one part of his post to be lies, Safari Been-various
> Whiteliars, so I have to assume you're calling the whole post a lie. That
> argues you don't believe a man can bite a dog.

I don't care what you assume. Just take him and get the fuck out.
Whether his whole post is a lie or just parts of it makes no difference.
If you want to befriend that sort of person all the more power to ya.
Have fun. You go do your thing. But don't expect me to be bothered that
you are shunning me. I want you to actually do it. I want you to go make
your little whatever wherever. Go, don't let me stop you, and if you
need some help ask, because I would be happy to see you go and be
succesful in what you are trying to do. It would mean I would not have
to deal with your crap. I am rooting for you chuck, but I know you are a
fuck up and you will be here tomorrow because you couldn't accomplish
even the most simplest of things.

>>I also think he is a liar as the story makes no sense. Not that it is
>>impossible to bite a dog, but more than likely an attacking dog of any
>>size over a chihuahua is not going to be driven off by a human biting it.
>>But you can feel free to try to put words in my mouth yet again if it
>>makes your point easier.
>

> Ah, but your own are so much more informative about the little diaper-load
> you really are, Princess. See, if you'd actually read the news reports I
> linked to, rather than dismissing them sight unseen, you'd have noticed the
> one man bit a police dog on the ear, and had to be stopped with a taser. A
> trained police dog, stopped by a man biting its ear. Guess the whole Kansas
> City police department is lying, huh, Safari? Because after all, you *must*
> be right, right? Couldn't learn anything you didn't create yourself.

Chuck, I didn't read your article, but I can tell you one thing from
your description. That guy is in jail. He isn't posting here. And you
miss the final point. even if it was true would you want to be around a
person like that. Really chuck, do you want to be around this guy who
bit a police dog's ear?

Here is a story for you chuck. It is about the last howl safari went to.
It was in a nice location on the shore of lake erie in upstate NY. It
was good weather on the shore. It was close to my home and 15 minutes
from a school I often went to because I liked visiting my sister. So it
was real easy for me to get to this place with these werewolves. Not
like Nova Scotia or Ohio. Anyways, you have heard some of the stories of
this howl. It was the one demonhumter interrupted. Now at the time I
hung around people who could be called the dregs of society, so I wasn't
everly prejudiced against most people. Now I get up to this campsite,
and we start making all the stuff. People are milling about. There is
Decwolf who is on suicide watch. Who brought him I do not know, but
someone took him out of his parents home and dragged him to NY and this
howl. This kid is a friggen slimeball liar. He makes up all sorts of
stories, you know the type, and because people were not paying attention
to him every moment he decided to attempt suicide. Needless to say it
wasn't much of an attempt. It can best be compared to the scene in
Bachelor Party where Tom Hanks Friend tries to cut his wrists with an
electric razor.

So we are dealing with that crap. We have the werewolf of sterling who
is depressed because he is not the most suicidal person at the howl. So,
things go on and we start making camp and some chili while keeping an
eye on dec who BTW has been in and out of the funny farm because he is a
looney. I am talking to these people, and although decwolf stands out a
lot of the older guys have rage issues and all sorts of disorders. This
is of course key information later in the story. All of these guys think
they are woods people, but it is obvious they are computer geeks who
have seen the forest once or twice. Not that that is a sin, or that it
means they are not having an animal spirit, but I just want you to know
where we are coming from. Night falls, and off in the distance we can
hear the sound of an exploding firecracker (Most likely an M-80 or
cherry bomb) some screaming and a car squeeling it's tires to get away.
That was demonhunter. That was his big bad. I was not impressed or
scared yet. Next this I know all of the people who know they are
computer geeks out of their element are sent off into the woods to hide
because we may be under attack. The go Scurrying off trying to keep
decwolf from killing himself. Then the guns come out. Yes, these wannabe
country boys start pulling out handguns to go protect us all.

Jus so you know. They have sent a bunch of people not familiar with the
forest off to hide in the dark on what was an overcast night without a
light. With them is a troublemaking loon who likes to run around and get
attention. They are off in the woods. Up by the campsite we have three
or four guys with handguns who are going to find the people who lit the
cherry bomb and teach them a lesson. I waited by the cars until the
commotion dies down and tried to get the group that ran off to hide to
wait there with me. I figureds that would be the safest spot, but I sure
as hell was not going to wander around in the woods with some trigger
happy werewolf looking for demonhunter. Fortunately, all demonhunter did
was just the one explosion. Everyone came back to the campsite and there
was no gunfire. I packed up, got in my car and went to see my sister. We
got drunk that night in oswego and the next day I had a very lovely and
spiritual time at the ren fair that was being held a couple of minutes
don the road.

What can we get from this story? Over the years it has been that
demonhunter was a scumbag. OK, that was the easy point. But there is a
whole lot more to be said about some of the pathetic power hungry tiny
peckered testosterone dimwits who are werewoofs because they think it
makes them tough.

I am a roughneck. Dont let the frills fool ya. I like being pretty and
cute and all, but I learned from a man who recently passed away how to
be a roughneck. Because of this I have been exposed to people who are in
fact woods people and hunters. I have been exposed to gun people because
I have had many friends in the security and law enforcement field. I
know how to handle things and I know when I see a bunch of yahoos with
guns on a power trip. This princess is real hard.

People are coming here to try to become spiritual, not to get in contact
with elmo and his band of redneck werewoof warriors. Now this goes on to
my point. This is a better place for not having the gun nuts and decwolf
around. I have tossed the riff-raff out and now we can go on. Sure there
is nothing preventing them from coming back, butthey have gone on to
other things, and if they do come around we will laugh at them and
identify them so others do not end up being potential targets for some
redneck with a handgun at a howl. We may come to the point of meeting in
person, and that would be most welcomed to be able to see some of the
good people who are around, and some of the good people who will come.
But when we do we will try to not make the same mistakes that were made
before and we will do it in a much better fashion.

>>Exactly my point. He said he bit n attacking dog. Now even a dog that is
>>not a pit bull has far more powerful jaws than a human has. A dog also has
>>something called fur, and for those of you like chuck who are not familiar
>>with fur it acts as shielding when confronted with human teeth.
>

> <WHOOP! WHOOP!>
>
> "This has been an irony alert. If you did not intend your previous
> statement to be ironic, you may be an idiot. Please report to an
> uninterested party for analysis of your ironic statement."
>
> For those few who actually need information on fur, (that would be you,
> Princess), fur is not evenly distributed over a dog's (or other animal's)
> body. It's shorter in some areas (particularly the ears and face) and
> longer in others (particularly the neck). Fur is distinguished from hair
> primarily by its dual nature: The undercoat is soft and downy, while the
> overcoat (or guard hairs) is coarse and waterproof. Not all animals have
> both layers, particularly among domesticated species.
>
> Fur, you poor excuse for a princess, provides little protection against
> biting; it's insulation. Unless you're trying to chomp a Chow, there
> usually isn't going to be enough hair in the way to matter, even against
> human teeth. The bite-protection is the loose skin of the dog, *not* the
> fur. This is why breeds created for dogfighting (the Shar-Pei, for example)
> have a great deal of loose skin, rather than long fur.

Here you go, It's a gimmee. OK chuck you are right and I am not going to
even bother arguing.

>>So basically not only are you far weaker at biting than even a small
>>chihuahua when you bite the dog you are going to do it less damage because
>>your teeth are not sharp and pointy and the hair will diffuse a lot of the
>>pressure and you will end up just gnarling it's fur. Now can you explain
>>to me some scenario of how this person could have driven off an attacking
>>dog by biting it?
>

> You mean aside from the fact that a human appears much larger to a dog?
> Aside from the fact that the dog hadn't bit him at that point and was likely
> trying to establish dominance over the territory, rather than "attacking",
> as LoS thought? Aside from the fact that, after biting the dog once, LoS
> "fought it off" (his words), rather than your fevered imagination's
> bitefest? Aside from the dog figuring he couldn't handle a bitey human?
> Aside from all of that, you mean?

Wanderer, the guy you are trying to defend has pussied out. We can let
this go now that he has gone. I am really not going to argue a whole
bunch of what ifs with you. If he comes back we will try to get him to
explain more about his behavior. My guess is that he will seek out
another place to find people to dominate.

> <snip>
>
>>I am sure the police did not have to far to go when looking at a list of
>>local suspects considering someone who would go so far as to bite a dog
>>has mental issues that would cause them to come into negative contact with
>>the cops.
>

> Uh-huh. Riiight. Somebody whose dog is wandering the streets at night is
> going to take a Mikrosil cast of the latest bitemark to determine it's
> human. That same somebody, regardless of violating the leash laws, is going
> to call up the police and put out an APB on a dog biter. The police,
> ignoring the leash law violations, will hunt down anyone in the area they've
> previously had any kind of trouble with, because they "know" they'd bite a
> dog. And, of course, if you bite a dog once, it means you're completely
> crazy and have been in trouble with the law before.
>
> What color is the sky in your world, Safari, and does it fall on you a lot?

Oh, I am just going to let this go unless lord of shadows wants to do
another run. It is a pointless argument.

>>Sorry, kiddo. point disproven. I know you would like to claim I am all the
>>other trolls here, but you missed a very proveable fact that precludes me
>>from being one of them. One of the reasons I was not here for a quarter of
>>last year was that I was in jail without internet access. During that time
>>all the trolls you have decided I am were posting. So chuck, that makes
>>you a liar.
>

> It would if I was claiming you were any of the current crop. I was working
> from your words:
>
> "In the beginning I ran
> around and created all sorts of alternate identities to spy and attack
> with. Now I just use them to get a good laugh."--Safari, 3/23/2005
>
> Safari, dear dodo, how would I know which ones you were? I'm the one that
> Snuh/K4NEF0X still crows about, remember? I just accepted your tacit
> confession that you keep up the seperate identities you possess on Usenet.
> Or are you saying that you're always lying? <innocent look>

Umm chuck I used those identities to infiltrate the groups you formed. I
don't have to infiltrate AHWW. It is wide open. Sorry chucky. I cought
you in a lie, and now you are backpedaling.

>>However, why don't you feel free to tell people of how you try to rid this
>>group of people who disagree with you by netcopping them, or did you
>>forget how I got your real name and address.
>

> By sleeping with your admin, as I recall. Or was there any sleep involved?
> <innocent look> And you might want to show them what you posted that
> prompted my letter to your admin... if you think anyone can stomach it.

This is how legends get started. Normally I would call it rumors but in
my case :) Now you are claiming that I was sleeping with Andrew Dickey,
a man I would not know if I saw him on the street.

You aren't right in the head are you?

>>Well, no. Sorry chuck, but other people are laughing.
>

> Naturally. Your claim to the moral high ground is as laughable as it gets.

I will point you towards the other posts.

>>Actually there are some that are not laughing only because they have
>>sought out the spiritual discussion you promise but have not delivered on,
>>and found nothing but funny intros and bad jokes about paws giving someone
>>bad grammer. If that is all you have chuck, you have already lost.
>

> <aside> Just can't keep us straight, can he? </aside> Sorry, Safari, but
> I never promised spiritual discussion. I am a spiritual werewolf, in that
> my werewolf nature is spiritual. If asked, I'll discuss Christianity and my
> animal nature. But I don't preach, and only teach by example. (In this
> case, not respecting the egotistical attitudes of idiots is the lesson of
> the day.) Much like making "sock-puppet" identities, pushing my religious
> views on other people is Something I Don't Do.

Yeah because expressing your beliefs is preaching and oppressive. If
asked you will discuss. Is that the only reason you are around here? you
need to troll people into asking you questions. Odd.

> I'm a Christian, Safari, and that one word carries a few hundred years of
> baggage with it. Christianity is going to be paying for a lot of stupid
> mistakes (Inquisition, witch trials, Albigensian extirpation, Crusades) for
> a long time yet. So, to avoid ever being classed with the Religious
> Self-Righteous, I keep it quiet, discussing my religion only when the
> opportunity presents itself.

Chuck, there are no storm troopers who are going to take you away if
your post. Do you realize that had you actually posted something in
regards to your world view on chrstianity and the werewolf that I would
be the one to protect and make sacred your words. Do you not realize
that I would read and understand you just a little bit better. If a
troll jumped all over your thoughts I would come up and recognize them.

Chuck, you are the problem.

e obvious... <looks around> I'm talking about idiocy, you perverts...)

>>While you have been going to howls where a bunch of werewolves have a
>>sleepover around a computer,
>

> <rolls eyes> Right, Safari. We lugged a computer out to a primitive
> campsite and snuck a generator past the rangers to be able to use it, all so
> we wouldn't miss out on your next apotheosis. Get a life, Saf. We went out
> into a primitive camping area, cooked food over a campfire, and slept under
> the stars. We howled at the moon. We hugged and skritched, we went hiking
> and swimming. We had Fun, Safari. Out in the open, away from all computers
> and artificial lights, we had Fun. Why is this concept so impossible for
> you to grasp? We wanted time away from technology and concrete, and we got
> it.

I have been there.

>>I have been on the tops of mountains going beyond my physical form.
>

> Yes, yes, you told us. It doesn't show at all, since you never mentioned
> this alleged "experience" before Blackbear arrived, but go ahead and tell us
> of your religious studies, Safari. Oh, and which mountains? I'm not going
> Tibet which ones, so I could use some Alp here.

Umm, New York Catskills.

> Your arrogance indicates your experiences have had little impact upon you.
>

>>Thew fact is you have nothing but a list of werewolfy websites and your
>>sig file to offer anyone looking for a decent conversation. I ask you
>>where you werew when the conversation was getting philisophical a while
>>back? Oh yeah, your one and only contribution to the hundreds of pages
>>written on wereism was saying furries are not sexual. WOW! hold me back
>>from my round of applause.
>

> Philosophy is an individual and unifying study, Safari. Would you have had
> me try to play the guru? I stepped in when errors were made, and did my
> best to correct them. (And the fact that you consider "How are Weres
> different from Furries?" to be high philosophy says a lot more about you
> than about the newsgroup.)

play guru? You haven't done anything. Maybe you need more meds.

>>I am still not like you. I don't hate the trolls wanderer, so becoming one
>>of them was not so horrible for me, but the day I start judging my spirit
>>by the number of werewolf sites I have in my favorites folder I certainly
>>hope someone comes along and does me the service of amusing themselves
>>with my uselessness.
>

> Ah, another uninformed slam, and one I can have fun with. Care to guess how
> many werewolf sites I have in my favorites folder at this moment, Safari? I
> promise, no deletion takes place, not for months now. So take a guess.
> Ready?
>
> Answer: Zero. Being a werewolf has nothing to do with websites. By your
> own standards, this makes you a "liar", but I'll try not to hold it against
> you.

I am beginning to get the hint.

>>Yes, the step that makes me different from storm is that instead of using
>>my knowledge of your weaknesses to come in and con you out of money I use
>>it to flame the hell out of you and laugh at you. Storm and I know the
>>same things about you.
>

> Storm runs an ISP these days, last I heard. You, on the other paw, just sit
> and snort at whatever you decide cannot be true.

You know what? I don't follow storm around trying to find out all about
him. Who cares anymore.

>>>Did we occasionally snarl and snap at each other before the Troll
>>>Invasion? Yes. We, like any organized social structure, had our
>>>arguments and falling-outs. But we were still happy to be together, to
>>>share that part of us that wanted to be with other people like us.
>>
>>What universe are you in? Actually, that is a blatant lie by you.
>

> So spake Goddess Safari, omniscient of days. </sarcasm> This universe, you
> know-nothing. Unlike you, I'm actually a part of the Were community.

Oh no, the were community. Yes yes, tell us all about the fabulos were
community you are a part of. go pick your victims.

>>If those groups were all so great and they are so now why have you been
>>unable to create your cookbook?
>

> Gee, because most of us don't cook? Nah, that couldn't be a problem when
> you're collecting recipes... </sarcasm>

Now maybe it is the roughneck in me, but cooking is not that hard

>>Why are you here?
>

> Existentialism, Saf? My, you've caught up to the Nineteenth Century in
> Philosophy 101...

I hope this gets better

>>What groups did you get laughed out of chuck?
>

> None, so far. You?

I'm here

>>What admin did you tick off by having an opinion of your own?
>

> Since I don't troll, I don't need to sleep with the admin to ensure my
> safety. My admin runs the network, I run my life, and seldom the twain do
> meet.

This is how it starts. You make up some dumb ass shit and the ball gets
rolling. Next thing you know I am sleeping with ashlee simpson.

> To answer the question, however: I'm a good member of my ISP and my mailing
> lists, and have never ticked off an admin. My mailserver's ticked off a few
> mailservers, mind you, since it sends false bounce reports, but that's a
> different matter.

ok

>>I know why you are here chuck. Why don't you tell everyone else why you
>>aren't in one of those little paradises? Is it because my company is so
>>awesome you could not avoid me? Come on liar. Make up a good reason like
>>you are here to save man bites dog, or paws of bad grammer.
>

> <bored>Why make up a reason, when the real ones will get just as much
> ridicule from a narrow-brained eunuch like you?

Now that is not nice.

I'm here because I'm here,
> Safari. Because when someone comes to this group, there should be someone
> here besides a troll to welcome them. Because I refuse to let you and the
> other trolls win. Because I remember what this group used to be. Because
> this is not all there is, nor should it be. Because the Troll Invasion
> should not go down in the annals of stupidity as a victory. Because you're
> an egotistical fool and I'm here to puncture that gasbag of yours. Take
> your pick, Princess, they're all true. </bored>

Not every texan gets to command the army of the US.
There is no more. It isn't even worth it. Guess what chucky I gave you
power now I am going to pull it away.

Safari

Wanderer

Mar 26, 2005, 12:00:40 AM3/26/05
Dear Safari,

I'm sorry. I went way over the top in that last message, from taunting to
abusive. It was a mistake, and I apologize.

Why don't I talk about Christianity? Because with the history the Church
and its children bring to the party, most atheist, agnostic, pagan and
neo-pagan people treat you like a Religious Right extremist the instant it
comes up in conversation. After you spend most of your time hearing about
all the terrible things "Christian" people have done to others, you learn to
keep your mouth shut. Face it, it's not like famous Christians these days
bring anything good to mind. Oral Roberts, the man who made God out to be
an extortionist; Jim Bakker, the man who squandered the faithful's donations
on solid gold hardware and a cheap girlfriend; the Southern Baptist
Convention, that officially decided to ignore Women's Lib by making women
inferior to men. These are people who claimed to be Christians, Safari,
people who led churches. With that kind of advance publicity, it'd be
simpler to hand everyone in the crowd a knife and let them take numbers.

I'm a straightforward Christian werewolf, Safari. I do my best to live by
the code of conduct presented in the New Testament, however hard it may be.
(And as you've unfortunately seen, it can be darn hard sometimes.) God saw
fit to make me a wolf in spirit, to give me a longing for the wild places
that ease my soul and calm my heart. The same deep pulse that beat in my
mother's breast, the wildness that we shared for 35 years. 35 years of
life.

No. 33 years of life. Two years of death. Last summer, they were already
on the road to diagnosing Mother with Small Cell Lung Carcinoma. SCLC, the
"Borg" of cancers (as my sister's husband, the Trek fan, likes to put it).
You can kill it once, twice, three times... but it always comes back.
Always. Mother fought it, Safari, and fought it well. But she couldn't
make it go away. And no matter how much I tried to help her keep a positive
attitude, Safari, we both knew what was coming.

<headshake> <eyewipe>

I'm going to ramble here. Please bear with me.

I have been long away from the woods, Safari. Too long. I am alone for the
first time in my life, trapped in this smelly little city that screams in
your ears every minute you're outside. The moon is full tonight, and I'm
inside, trying to find a job to keep up this house Mother shared with me and
left to me. Trying to think about something besides how much it hurts.
Trying to dream of something better around the hurt. And it's hard.

The wolf wants so much to just howl for hours, Safari. To howl until a pack
answers. Any pack, even if it hurts. Because if my body hurts, maybe I
won't feel so much pain.

The Christ I follow is Jesus the Strong and Loving. The Son of God, who
didn't constantly drive it into people's heads what horrible sinners they
were, because they weren't. The One who told the Pharisees where to get
off, and in so many words. The One who came for the wounded and heartsick,
the sick and the lame, the gay and the straight, the man and the woman.
Yeshua ben Miriam, born in the springtime.

And that, Safari, is part of the reason I try to stop you beating up on
every newbie who posts something you find hard to believe. Because I've
lived (and am living, as long as it lasts) a weird life, in which weird
things happen. I've been saved by a Voice, stopped in the middle of a
highway by an unseen hand, and faced down a pit bull in a dominance battle
to try and save the life of a poodle. (If you don't remember that last, I'm
sorry. It must have been someone else claiming to be Safari that denounced
it as "fantasy", since you say you were in prison at the time.) When you
factor in that any search at all turns up stories of men biting dogs, it
makes it rather less difficult to believe LoS's story.

You asked me if I wanted him as a friend, Safari. I think you have rather a
different version of friendship in mind than I do. With about 90% of the
posters in this group, I will never see them or touch them. All I'll ever
have of a "relationship" is words on a screen for these people. All I say
is that he can post here if he wants, preferably without you throwing
brickbats every time he does so. I mean, it's not like you ever forget.
You've been insisting on calling me by my birth name for how long now, all
because I finally e-mailed your admin over your newbie-bashing? You
published my full name and address how many times?

I'm Wanderer, Safari, because the name chose me. Because when I asked
myself what name I'd take for my "handle", that was the one that echoed back
from inside me. "Wanderer", just as clear as if someone had said it in my
ear. I'd appreciate it if you'd use My name, rather than the one Mother
insisted I have. It's the name by which I'm known to all of my friends,
after all.

But back to the question. (I warned you I'd ramble.) Would I want him as a
friend? I'd have to know more about him than "He once bit a dog" to answer
that question. I'd like to think you'd ask more than that if you were on
the other end of this situation. After all, would you want everyone to
judge you by the fact that you went to prison? Would I want to be judged
strictly by the pit bull incident? I don't think so, Saf...

As for the cookbook, I agree that cooking isn't hard. (Admittedly, I was
taught by Mother, but still...) But the response from two-thirds of the
newsgroup was, "I don't cook", "I don't know any recipes", "I wouldn't know
what to send". Lots and lots of people, Safari, but only a few dozen
willing to submit recipes for any reason. I still have them, just in case I
can ever finish the job, and the artwork by Funny Animal, too. (I get the
cover, folks. I don't ask any money, but I like to be on the cover.;) Just
think how many we might've had if you and Kamatu hadn't spent the entire
time telling everyone I was running some sort of scam. (I know, we still
wouldn't have the cookbook. But we'd be closer...) (I still say, you must
be the most brilliant crook in the world if you can come up with a crooked
scam that uses nothing but recipes...)

Since you ask, btw, I don't blame you for my "failures", as you
<sarcasm>so-diplomatically</sarcasm> put it. I found out how to do
something, and I took steps to do it. If we ever get the cookbook finished,
the stores in my area are willing to sell it. I have a job (crossing
guard), but am trying to get something better, so that I don't have to
subsist on Mother's insurance money. I'm trying to get over a (rather
understandable) clinical depression at this point, so I can get back to
writing. And I'm taking care of Cuddle-Up, the dog Mother picked (and
named, before you ask) before she died. (Mother didn't make the best of
choices... she picked this dog for the resemblance to her first childhood
pet, and tacitly ignored the fact that the thing is utterly hyper. First
time she tried to pet Cuddle-Up, we had to put the dog away and "fetch" the
bandages for Mother's arm.)

Truthfully, I don't blame you for anything but your newbie-bashing... and
since you actually do that, I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to blame you for
it.:> And as I've already said, I never accused you of being any of our
current trolls; I simply accepted your "confession" at face value, when you
declared you'd taken on a lot of names. (And what groups did I ever "form"?
Join, sure, but form? I've never started so much as a mailing list yet.)
I'm 75% certain that Vargena and Trouser Snake are the same person, but
that's based on their identical typing and forms of expression. But you?
Saf, as I said before, I'm the one Snuh/K4ne is so inordinately proud of
"fooling". I wouldn't have the first clue which online identities were you
unless you out-and-out told me, and you know it. Face it, Safari, I like
and trust people. Everyone (including you, at times) has told me how stupid
it is to do such a thing, but I persist, and haven't gotten killed yet...

I'm intrigued that you play RPGs in tabletop. So do I. But the RP I was
referring to was in the form of postings, where we say and "pose" things in
the form of our online selves. You've come out against them before, as I
recall. (And since when is there RP in Paintball? My friend Goliath only
talks about the guns.) (Currently trying out D20 Modern, and discovering
that point-buy characters actually need the CR given in the book. In the
words of Michael, a raccoon player: "With point-buy characters, we can't
twink them out.")

Likewise, I did stand-up for a year. Then the club burnt down.

No, that isn't a joke.:/ The same month, there was a fire at Scarborough
Faire, where I'd once worked. I try not to feel paranoid...

But honestly, Safari, why couldn't you recognize the "paws" message for a
joke? I mean, it was pretty blamed obvious to everyone else; it's an
age-old line when you have a bad typing night in IRC role-playing: "Hard to
type with paws." You're the only one who didn't "get it", as far as I can
tell. (I was *not* saying biting the dog was funny, thank you.)

Safari the Legend? Saf, what did you do to acheive that status? Nothing
you've ever mentioned here, that's for sure. And I still say, if someone
was letting their dog run without a leash, they're lucky if it only gets
bitten and not run over. I mean, do you honestly think that someone who
thinks little enough of their dog to have it running off-leash in an urban
area is going to pay attention to a bite, much less take a cast to determine
it's a human bite? "Well, sir, we can't really do anything unless you saw
who bit your dog. Was your dog in your yard, sir? Why not, sir?"

(And again, I don't do sock-puppets, Saf. Maybe you do, but I don't.
Pretend all you like; I'm still not Lord of Shadows, nor will I ever be.)

<I will not go editorial on poor grammar, I will not go editorial on poor
grammar...>

Okay, you had a bad Howl. As Goliath likes to put it, "What do you want, a
Binky Button?" Demonhunter came out, fired off an illegal firework, and ran
for the hills. People with handguns, not knowing for sure whether that was
a firework or an incompetent marksman, start canvassing the area. The rest
of this "Howl Report" is you calling people "pathetic, power-hungry,
tiny-peckered testosterone dimwits". And then, after saying that their not
being experienced woodsmen "doesn't mean they don't have animal spirits",
you double back and drop the burning bag of manure on the porch: "who are
werewoofs because they think it makes them tough". Make up your mind,
Safari. Either slam them or don't slam them, but don't pull a
bait-and-switch because you think it'll be funny later. It won't.

DEC was messed up, and so was Sterling ("because he is not the most suicidal
person at the howl"? Got a license for that knife in his back, Saf?).
Gotcha. So why is being depressed and/or suicidal giving you license for
character assassination?

You want to hear about a Howl? Try the Texas Mini-Howl, where TrotFox,
ShadowFox and I shared a car (I rode... I have a license *now*, thanks.) and
had a great time with TimberWolf, HuggyWolf (later Cougar) and Guardian (who
will be attending the Southeast Howl this coming week). We howled at the
moon, ran around, had fun, cooked out with a campfire (not just over it...
hot dogs have no challenge factor). Okay, the rangers came by in the
morning ("Howling? Did they say where it was coming from?" I'm very
honest, but Mother didn't raise a fool) to give the place a once-over. But
it was great! Out away from the city, away from houses and cars and
electric lights. Letting the wind wash through your soul to remind you that
the Earth abides.

Am I an experienced woods-wolf? Not particularly. Oh, I can hunt rabbits
well enough (though I've never needed to catch one, so I didn't), and find
drinkable water and edible berries without a Field Guide. And at the one
unlamented Meow (SabreLion's Howl... much too feline... a cabin with beds
and cable, yeesh...) I was the one they couldn't find at "Hide and Go Were",
because I was crouched down in a small thicket of underbrush, remaining
perfectly still and taking shallow breaths. I paid for it later, of course
(bug bites up to my ankles), but it was loads of fun. (And before anyone
asks, I didn't scratch while hiding. That wouldn't be "perfectly still",
now would it?) Hearing the others walk right past me as they searched, and
there I was, right close by.:> But I'm no accomplished woods-wolf, no.

You "tossed" "the gun nuts and DECWolf"? I never knew any gun nuts, myself
(at least not until Goliath, but that's another story), and DECWolf, if it's
the same one, is doing much better now, thanks. (Yeah, I could see how
worried you were about him...) What truly thinned the ranks was the Troll
Invasion. That many flame "artists", feeding off one another, made it
impossible to post here for a long time. Even my florid prose could only
stave them off a short time, diverting one or two back to the flamegroups
for a single post. In the end, a lot of us gave up. Not because we were
any less werebeasts, or any less posters on Usenet. But because it was
impossible to post without having your e-mail (and your address, if you were
silly enough to "netcop" by actually, oh, complaining to their admin about
having gay porn stories crossposted into your newsgroup) spread all over the
World Wide Waterloo that the situation had become. Nobody new could come
in, because even the barest perusal would show them a flamegroup. Our FAQ
alone got 36 flames a week, and it's an auto-post.

Problem was, by the time the trollage finally thinned to a manageable level,
most of the membership had abandoned ship. Guardian, LoveBear, Eric Elliot,
Cougar, TimberWolf, TrotFox, ShadowFox, SabreLion... the list goes on and
on, well beyond my own correspondence. Weres who no longer post here, or
even read the messages, because of the towering inferno it became for so
long.

But it's still AHWW. It's still the place new weres come to learn and grow.
And whether you like it or not, Safari Denvarion Whitelion, someone has to
be here to welcome them, rather than lifting his leg on every newbie that
comes through the door. So far, that's pretty much me. <looks around at
dozens of empty seats by the tiny bonfire> Not too many choices, you know?

Yours ramblingly,

The wolfish,

Wanderer

Mar 26, 2005, 12:01:36 AM3/26/05
"Trouser Snake" <furde...@yourpants.edu> wrote in message

> Wanderer <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in
> <11443iv...@corp.supernews.com>:
>
>>"K4nE F0>" < <ieat...@asaladbar.net> wrote in message
>>> What did your psychologist diagnose you as again?
>>Sane. You?
> LIAR.

That doesn't sound like a diagnosis. I'd report your psychologist, if I
were you.:>

Yours wolfishly,

The smirking,

Trouser Snake

Mar 26, 2005, 4:36:59 PM3/26/05
<1149r5e...@corp.supernews.com>:

>"Trouser Snake" <furde...@yourpants.edu> wrote in message
>> Wanderer <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in
>> <11443iv...@corp.supernews.com>:
>>
>>>"K4nE F0>" < <ieat...@asaladbar.net> wrote in message
>>>Sane. You?
>> LIAR.
>
>That doesn't sound like a diagnosis. I'd report your psychologist, if I
>were you.:>

Dont you have some skool kidz to save, Mr Superwerewolf Crossing Guard?
Does the school district know you're "not really a human"?
:)

Trouser Snake

Mar 26, 2005, 4:56:02 PM3/26/05
<1149r3q...@corp.supernews.com>:

>Dear Safari,
>
>I'm sorry. I went way over the top in that last message, from taunting
>abusive. It was a mistake, and I apologize.

*Never* ever apologise to Saffy.
[..............]

>I'm going to ramble here. Please bear with me.

No thanks...

>I have been long away from the woods, Safari. Too long.

You live in TexASS, whadda yas expect?
Head for Colorado or New Mexico :)

>I am alone for the
>first time in my life,

Get a pet.

>trapped in this smelly little city that screams in
>your ears every minute you're outside.

Get an iPod :)

>The moon is full tonight, and I'm
>inside,

THANK GHOD TEH CHILDRENS AER SAFE!!!!!

>trying to find a job

You wont find one in your house.
Try going outside during normal buisness hours.

>to keep up this house Mother shared with me and
>left to me.

Declaire bankcrupcy? Oh thats right...Bush fucked that up as well.

>Trying to think about something besides how much it hurts.

Watch a comedy on teevee.
Learn to drink, Chuck.
Really.

>Trying to dream of something better around the hurt. And it's hard.

Teh Buddha said, "life is suffering".
YOU"RE A BIG BOY NOW CHUCK.
Buck up and all that :)

>The wolf wants so much to just howl for hours, Safari.

You're not a wolf. You're a smelly fanboi with insufficient social
networking skills.
HTH

>To howl until a pack
>answers. Any pack, even if it hurts. Because if my body hurts, maybe I
>won't feel so much pain.

No. You'll be hauled off by teh mens in white coats.
FYI
Go to a bar or something.
No friends from work?

I mean really....
C'MON!

Safari

Mar 27, 2005, 4:51:32 AM3/27/05
Wanderer wrote:
> Dear Safari,

Uh oh, sounds like a public excuse is coming. Before I go on, since you
do have my current email as you did ask me for a recipe earlier this
year why did you not send a letter so obviously meant only for me
directly to me? I have a guess, and before I read any further I will say
that I think that it is most likely because this is an attempt to repair
your damaged reputation by trying to appear a little less safari
obsessed, and pretend like all the obvious innacuracies in your claims
about me were not motivated by your pure hatred of me.

> I'm sorry.

That must have hurt. Somehow looking at the length of this I doubt the
truth of it, but we will see. Maybe after all these years you have
finally realized I was right, but I doubt it.

I went way over the top in that last message, from taunting to
> abusive. It was a mistake, and I apologize.

In all honesty, I insult people, and I expect it will come in return.
The fact that it does does not offend me in the slightest, and I think
is a healthy, and probably one of the few healthy, things my detractors do.

> Why don't I talk about Christianity? Because with the history the Church
> and its children bring to the party, most atheist, agnostic, pagan and
> neo-pagan people treat you like a Religious Right extremist the instant it
> comes up in conversation.

And if you have ever read one of my philisophical ramblings, or a few of
the flame wars I have participated in you would know that even though I
am very offended by fundies I do recognize the large difference between
them and a real christian, and that anyone who would come after you for
posting a christian viewpoint on wereism (Without being fully supporting
in their views and polite) would quickly find themselves with a few
bursts from my flamethrower. And even if you did post something about
your christain viewpoints I would try to keep my flames away from that
thread or branch and probably even participate pleasantly with you. I
can tell you, although it may have been before your time here, I had it
out with a few of the elders in this newsgroup over their tendancy to
revel in a little christian bashing. I may on a philisophical level find
it a tad odd for a person to be a were and a christian, as I do find my
homosexual friends who are christians to be a tad odd as the bible does
speak against it, I would not go so far as to tell them it was wrong. I
may ask from time to time how one would resolve the different views of
the bible with the spirit of the wolf as it may be considered a "false
god" of sorts, but aside from that sort of pleasant philisophical
question I would not go after you for it.

After you spend most of your time hearing about
> all the terrible things "Christian" people have done to others, you learn to
> keep your mouth shut. Face it, it's not like famous Christians these days
> bring anything good to mind. Oral Roberts, the man who made God out to be
> an extortionist; Jim Bakker, the man who squandered the faithful's donations
> on solid gold hardware and a cheap girlfriend; the Southern Baptist
> Convention, that officially decided to ignore Women's Lib by making women
> inferior to men. These are people who claimed to be Christians, Safari,
> people who led churches. With that kind of advance publicity, it'd be
> simpler to hand everyone in the crowd a knife and let them take numbers.

I know all to well about the lovely people who claim to be christians.
BTW you forgot to mention "reverend" phelps who makes a lot of these
people look honest and caring with his hate. I have known enough
christians who choose to follow the ideas of love and compasion christ
taught rather than those who hate. I would like to point out a
similarity between some of these "christians" who define their faith by
how many people they beat with their bible and the people of the were
community who have defined their wereness by their hatred of me. Even
you have had to have noticed how some people have very little to say
when they aren't talking about me. There was time when me and Kamatu
drove the campliar's postings without ever making a flame there. We know
because we were there watching, and also amusing ourselves by trying to
derail those people by posting very were oriented things under other names.

> I'm a straightforward Christian werewolf, Safari. I do my best to live by
> the code of conduct presented in the New Testament, however hard it may be.
> (And as you've unfortunately seen, it can be darn hard sometimes.) God saw
> fit to make me a wolf in spirit, to give me a longing for the wild places
> that ease my soul and calm my heart. The same deep pulse that beat in my
> mother's breast, the wildness that we shared for 35 years. 35 years of
> life.
>
> No. 33 years of life. Two years of death. Last summer, they were already
> on the road to diagnosing Mother with Small Cell Lung Carcinoma. SCLC, the
> "Borg" of cancers (as my sister's husband, the Trek fan, likes to put it).
> You can kill it once, twice, three times... but it always comes back.
> Always. Mother fought it, Safari, and fought it well. But she couldn't
> make it go away. And no matter how much I tried to help her keep a positive
> attitude, Safari, we both knew what was coming.
>
> <headshake> <eyewipe>

There are a couple of things here. First off, you have my condolences. I
have lost people who are close to me, it sucks. However, it is going to
hasppen to every one of us. All of us here will lose someone they love.
Trust me, the alternative of not caring for someone sucks a lot worse.
Yes, this world is finite, and for anyone who loves any part of life we
will never have enough time for what we love here. That is a part of our
existance, but it is a part of all of our existance, and no you are not
special in that you had a really awesom mother.

I too lost someone I cared very much about last year. I went to jail in
April. Because of the deal I made I went on a thursday. I had seen RT
the Sunday before, and because he was the only person who I was really
embarassed to tell I had yet to mention I might be going to jail. I
figured I would have a chance after I was convicted, and before I was
sentenced. I was wrong. He was very healthy that weekend. He was the guy
who ran the biggest and oldest east coast paintball field almost from
the beginning of the sports inception. He was also the person who like I
said had tought me strength and courage, and pretty much it was when I
had not seen him in a very long time and had forgotten a lot of the self
respect he had brought out in me that I fell so low and felt it was ok
to steal. At the end of last april I went away. At the end of may he had
brochitis. By mid June he had Pneumonia and was hospitalized. They found
a cancerous lump in his chest the size of a fist and it was spreading
through his lymph nodes. He was dead a little after our annual skirmish
trip in July (#rd weekend) I got out at the beginning of August and
never got a chnce to say goodbye. In a very small way I am happy he
never knew where I had gone to. I tend to dissapear for a while, and my
parents didn't tell them when they called asking where I was.

Rt was that sort of person that could make bullets go around him. If you
have ever seen the movie platoon and that scene where Tom Berringer is
going along the front lines while bullets are whizzing by him and
everyone else is duckinb behind cover, but not him. He is just barking
our orders and pulling people up to charge even though the enemy is
right there. If you thought that was a movie thing, you are wrong. There
are people like that. Rt was one of them. For each of our group of
warriors we have our own huge strengths. We can walk onto a field and
alone change the tide of most games. He was the guy who we took orders
from. So, yes, I know how cancer can take down even the stronges of us,
and it can cut them down very quickly. But you live your life, and for
those people ho cared and meant so much for you you live it strong and
you live it well. Because we will all be cut down when our time comes.
We will all die. We will all leave behind people who will greive heavily
at our loss. Whether you believe we will all meat again someday, or if
you believe this is our only shot, it doesn't change the fact that when
you live for the moment and the people who are around you and the good
times you have with them it makes your life just that much better. You
will have sadness sure, but you will also have happiness, and those
people who have passed would rather you have a smile on your face and
enjoy life than to grieve.

> I'm going to ramble here. Please bear with me.

Oh yeah, like I have never rambled. Have you read my live journal.

> I have been long away from the woods, Safari. Too long. I am alone for the
> first time in my life, trapped in this smelly little city that screams in
> your ears every minute you're outside. The moon is full tonight, and I'm
> inside, trying to find a job to keep up this house Mother shared with me and
> left to me. Trying to think about something besides how much it hurts.
> Trying to dream of something better around the hurt. And it's hard.
>
> The wolf wants so much to just howl for hours, Safari. To howl until a pack
> answers. Any pack, even if it hurts. Because if my body hurts, maybe I
> won't feel so much pain.
>
> The Christ I follow is Jesus the Strong and Loving. The Son of God, who
> didn't constantly drive it into people's heads what horrible sinners they
> were, because they weren't. The One who told the Pharisees where to get
> off, and in so many words. The One who came for the wounded and heartsick,
> the sick and the lame, the gay and the straight, the man and the woman.
> Yeshua ben Miriam, born in the springtime.

Ok, this I can understand.

> And that, Safari, is part of the reason I try to stop you beating up on
> every newbie who posts something you find hard to believe.

and then you lost me. I was with you right up until here.

Because I've
> lived (and am living, as long as it lasts) a weird life, in which weird
> things happen.

Is this the rambling thing you are talking about? Chuck, do you do
drugs? I am not trying to be insulting here, I just know that these zig
zags are much like stuff I have written when really messed up. I am not
trying to say if you are high that it invalidates what you are saying,
but that it might be a lot easier for me to follow if that were the case.

I've been saved by a Voice, stopped in the middle of a
> highway by an unseen hand, and faced down a pit bull in a dominance battle
> to try and save the life of a poodle. (If you don't remember that last, I'm
> sorry. It must have been someone else claiming to be Safari that denounced
> it as "fantasy", since you say you were in prison at the time.)

Yes, I was in prison last year. Trust me, I know a lot more spanish than
I did before.

When you
> factor in that any search at all turns up stories of men biting dogs, it
> makes it rather less difficult to believe LoS's story.

To tell the truth chuck, by calling him a liar I was giving him the
benefit of the doubt. The alternative to him making up a story to try
and seem impressive to us is that he is telling the truth. Actually, the
alternative is that he is mostly telling the truth, and has imbellished
quite a bit to look impressive. So not only does he have the problem of
embelishing to cover his inadequecies, but he is also someone who loses
controle and bites dogs for no real apparent reason. What is normal
reaction when one gets attacked by a dog? You put your arm up and push
away protecting your face and head. This person is so violent and bitey
that this instinct has been overcome, if he is telling the truth.
Psychologically that takes an awful lot. This person has real big issues
if this is true. This is the sort of crazy person that would be
dangerous to be around, and is most likely eventually going to hurt
someone and get hospitalized and put under psychiatric care. However,
given that some people like to make up stories so they may seem like
they are part of a group I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he
wasn't a dangerous psycho, but rather just in need of some self
confidence and to learn that even if he is not impressive he can be a
valuable part of someone's life.

> You asked me if I wanted him as a friend, Safari. I think you have rather a
> different version of friendship in mind than I do. With about 90% of the
> posters in this group, I will never see them or touch them. All I'll ever
> have of a "relationship" is words on a screen for these people. All I say
> is that he can post here if he wants, preferably without you throwing
> brickbats every time he does so. I mean, it's not like you ever forget.
> You've been insisting on calling me by my birth name for how long now, all
> because I finally e-mailed your admin over your newbie-bashing? You
> published my full name and address how many times?

To answer the last question first, once. The trolls took it from there.
Contrary to your opinion I am not all that active in the trolling world.
And although I may have posted under a few different anime names I have
always signed my flames with Safari at the end. I may make up identities
to participate in discussions, but those identities are not to flame and
never give me support as I know what sort of taint that gives to people
like you. It's like telling a baptist you are a fag. You could be the
nicest person with some really great things to say but those people will
never see it once you get associated with homosexuality.

I take it you have seen a lot of weres reaction to christianity. How
they mock and ridecule it. How they denounce it. That is the reason you
claim you don't discuss it, so I am sure you have come across that
stupidity. Do you realize for many of them you could substitute safari
or royal for christianity and get the same result. In the end it is all
the same. I created other identities at first because everyone was
running away and I thought I was missing something, and I still wanted
to talk about wereish things. Soon I realized I wasn't missing anything.
There wasn't anything going on.

Chuck, you may not want to see people on the other end of the screen,
but that is not me. I have been all over seeing people. I have friends
all over the east coast of north america that I try to see. I wish I had
a teleporter from star trek. My car isn't three years old, and it has
140,000 miles on it. I am thirty. Before this car I had 5 other cars
each of which I put over 125,000 miles on. Since I have been out of jail
I have been Gone from NY to boca 3 times, to alabama 4 times, atlanta
twice, and washington DC twice. I stop and see people all across the
country, and I wish I could spend more time. Damnit, I have been wanting
to get out to see Moonwolf for like ever and I just havent been able to.
I might see people on this group. Actually, to tell the truth part of
being spiritual is to get together and practice the spirituality so as
people come around it would be good to go to gatherings to meet people.
So yes, there is a good possibility I might meet up with someone here in
this lifetime. Hell if you are interesting I might just make a real
effort to meet you, and there isn't too far to travel for me. I like
traveling.

> I'm Wanderer, Safari, because the name chose me. Because when I asked
> myself what name I'd take for my "handle", that was the one that echoed back
> from inside me. "Wanderer", just as clear as if someone had said it in my
> ear. I'd appreciate it if you'd use My name, rather than the one Mother
> insisted I have. It's the name by which I'm known to all of my friends,
> after all.

I didn't know I was your friend. However, I am sorry if I missed it, I
do not think I have ever heard you express this before. I will say that
I have gotten a bit habitual in my use of the name your mother insisted
you have, but I will try to use wanderer from here on out. I can't
guarantee I won't fuck up, but I will try to make it a habit to use that
name.

> But back to the question. (I warned you I'd ramble.) Would I want him as a
> friend? I'd have to know more about him than "He once bit a dog" to answer
> that question. I'd like to think you'd ask more than that if you were on
> the other end of this situation. After all, would you want everyone to
> judge you by the fact that you went to prison? Would I want to be judged
> strictly by the pit bull incident? I don't think so, Saf...

You know what. There are a heck of a lot of people in this world. Even
in this small group there have been a heck of a lot of people. Yes,
there are people who get put in the pointless category real quick. I am
not saying that one cannot jump out of said category, but given the two
alternatives that one he is making shit up to look impressive, or that
he is psychotic and goes around biting dogs, I think the likelihood of
him being a valuable person to me is slim, and because I have finite
time with people I am not going to be bothered spending the half a
moment finding out if I am wrong. Do you know why? I could spend that
time talking to cypher who seems to have had some important experiences
in the past few years. I could spend that time talkingh to blackbear who
has a lot of wisdom. I could spend that time coming up with some
philosophy and throwing it out there for the trolls to pick apart and
see if it holds true. I could go read up on all the things snuh is
involved in. I could write a long post to you. LoS will most likely be
gone within a few months. He may have been a really great guy, but I
have good things here already. I don't need to clean the shit off that
turd in hopes of getting a treasure.

> As for the cookbook, I agree that cooking isn't hard. (Admittedly, I was
> taught by Mother, but still...) But the response from two-thirds of the
> newsgroup was, "I don't cook", "I don't know any recipes", "I wouldn't know
> what to send". Lots and lots of people, Safari, but only a few dozen
> willing to submit recipes for any reason. I still have them, just in case I
> can ever finish the job, and the artwork by Funny Animal, too. (I get the
> cover, folks. I don't ask any money, but I like to be on the cover.;) Just
> think how many we might've had if you and Kamatu hadn't spent the entire
> time telling everyone I was running some sort of scam. (I know, we still
> wouldn't have the cookbook. But we'd be closer...) (I still say, you must
> be the most brilliant crook in the world if you can come up with a crooked
> scam that uses nothing but recipes...)

There are a million things I could say about the cookbook, but it is so
unimportant.

Confucious say people who are telling wanderer it is dangerous to trust
should start paying attention to their own actions.

> I'm intrigued that you play RPGs in tabletop. So do I. But the RP I was
> referring to was in the form of postings, where we say and "pose" things in
> the form of our online selves. You've come out against them before, as I
> recall. (And since when is there RP in Paintball? My friend Goliath only
> talks about the guns.)

Scenario games. It is a format made famous by wayne Dollack and there
are quite a few fields who run scenario games. Being in texas you should
have a few fields that get a rather nice number of people for a game.
There are events run by groups like MXS and I think wayne's son is now
going around. If you are interested, go to paintball nation, it is a
blast, and you don't have to do the speedball thing. Actually, I think
there was some big field down there that had made a mock up of the Alamo
that they get a huge number of people every year to play.

(Currently trying out D20 Modern, and discovering
> that point-buy characters actually need the CR given in the book. In the
> words of Michael, a raccoon player: "With point-buy characters, we can't
> twink them out.")
>
> Likewise, I did stand-up for a year. Then the club burnt down.
>
> No, that isn't a joke.:/ The same month, there was a fire at Scarborough
> Faire, where I'd once worked. I try not to feel paranoid...
>
> But honestly, Safari, why couldn't you recognize the "paws" message for a
> joke? I mean, it was pretty blamed obvious to everyone else; it's an
> age-old line when you have a bad typing night in IRC role-playing: "Hard to
> type with paws." You're the only one who didn't "get it", as far as I can
> tell. (I was *not* saying biting the dog was funny, thank you.)

I understand what that person was attempting wanderer, but I have a
different point with that. Sometimes you do the right thing for the
wrong reason. Sort of like George Bush. He removed a horrible dictator
who tortured and killed his followers. A person who brought terror to
the world. He said it was because of Weapons of Mass Destruction, but it
isn't like he ran over Canada. Sadam Deserved it. Now in the case of Mr
Paws of Grammar (I will call him POG for short), he came in making some
jokes. Pog is obviously not a native english speaker. Not that that is a
crime, but that seems to be the case. He made a joke about it. He got
flamed for it. However, and here is where it relates back to saddam, he
decided it would be cool to come in and start taking sides in a fight he
had nothing to do with. He starts talking about ignoring people. There
is only one reason to say you are ignoring someone, and that is to
insult them. If you were truly to just keep out of it you woul just let
it slide and say nothing. So, he jumped in. Which tells me he was
looking for conflict to begin with. Guess what, he got it. It may not
have come from where he expected, but he got it. Had he not started
poking the trolls and looking for trouble I might have apologized for
being so snippy with him for his opening joke, but now I know I may have
lobbed a fireball at him prematurely, but he was looking for a fight
anyway, and he got it.

> Safari the Legend? Saf, what did you do to acheive that status? Nothing
> you've ever mentioned here, that's for sure. And I still say, if someone
> was letting their dog run without a leash, they're lucky if it only gets
> bitten and not run over. I mean, do you honestly think that someone who
> thinks little enough of their dog to have it running off-leash in an urban
> area is going to pay attention to a bite, much less take a cast to determine
> it's a human bite? "Well, sir, we can't really do anything unless you saw
> who bit your dog. Was your dog in your yard, sir? Why not, sir?"

I am dropping the whole lie or not thing at this point with that.
Everything has been said.

> (And again, I don't do sock-puppets, Saf. Maybe you do, but I don't.
> Pretend all you like; I'm still not Lord of Shadows, nor will I ever be.)

You said sock puppets :) Sorry, just a funny local joke.

> <I will not go editorial on poor grammar, I will not go editorial on poor
> grammar...>

My grammar sucks ass. I know. I'll email you my live journal link and
you can truly torture yourself with some rather nasty incoherencies and
grammer problems. I stomp on the english language harder than a Hong
Kong Subtittler.

> Okay, you had a bad Howl. As Goliath likes to put it, "What do you want, a
> Binky Button?" Demonhunter came out, fired off an illegal firework, and ran
> for the hills. People with handguns, not knowing for sure whether that was
> a firework or an incompetent marksman, start canvassing the area. The rest
> of this "Howl Report" is you calling people "pathetic, power-hungry,
> tiny-peckered testosterone dimwits". And then, after saying that their not
> being experienced woodsmen "doesn't mean they don't have animal spirits",
> you double back and drop the burning bag of manure on the porch: "who are
> werewoofs because they think it makes them tough". Make up your mind,
> Safari. Either slam them or don't slam them, but don't pull a
> bait-and-switch because you think it'll be funny later. It won't.

Oh, you want more of the wonderful world of the first sterling howl.
Now, after the merriment I had at the sterling Ren Fair, and in the
Oswego Bars, I went home. During that saturday night the state police
had come, and everyone had gone back to The werewolf of Sterling's
house. Now, I am driving home. It wasn't terrible, and I wasn't all
bothered about it. At the time I took it in stride. Looking back on it
now I see the stupidity, but at the time there was something else going
on in my life that made the idea of being drunk and unconcious in my
sister's dorm room was far more appealing. I am sorry, I may have put
too much of the idea that I left because of the guns, I just realized
there wasn't going to be any great spiritual thing so I wasn't going to
miss anything by hiding in a bottle for a night.

Back to the story. So, I get home on sunday night and log on to find a
few things had happened. Now, all these people in this were community
were claiming to be friends and they were looking out for eachother and
all that. Well, from what I was able to peice together mostly from the
guilty's own admission is that all the weres got back to Werewolf's
house, and they all started taking turns on the computer. Now Decwolf,
do you remember Decwolf, got a hold of the keyboard. He started asking
winterdreamer all sorts of questions about his spiritual beliefs in IRC.
All the time he is joking with all the people at werewolf's house who
are reading this. Then he starts making fun of Winter on IRC, and tried
dragging it into the were communities at the time, and even in here. Now
at no time did anyone who was physically present with The Dirtbag Known
as Decwolf Remove the keyboard from his hands and tell him uncool. Not
only did they not do that, but they started to participate with him.
These are people who claimed to be winter's friends.

From there a whole bunch of bad shit happened. I don't respect a single
person who was at that howl anymore. And even though other things
happened with Winter that let me know he wasn't so awesome, those people
showed their true colors in what they allowed to happen.

> DEC was messed up, and so was Sterling ("because he is not the most suicidal
> person at the howl"? Got a license for that knife in his back, Saf?).

Knife in the back implies that I have not told them my opinions of them.
Trust me they have been told.

> Gotcha. So why is being depressed and/or suicidal giving you license for
> character assassination?

It's my job.

> You want to hear about a Howl? Try the Texas Mini-Howl, where TrotFox,
> ShadowFox and I shared a car (I rode... I have a license *now*, thanks.) and
> had a great time with TimberWolf, HuggyWolf (later Cougar) and Guardian (who
> will be attending the Southeast Howl this coming week). We howled at the
> moon, ran around, had fun, cooked out with a campfire (not just over it...
> hot dogs have no challenge factor). Okay, the rangers came by in the
> morning ("Howling? Did they say where it was coming from?" I'm very
> honest, but Mother didn't raise a fool) to give the place a once-over. But
> it was great! Out away from the city, away from houses and cars and
> electric lights. Letting the wind wash through your soul to remind you that
> the Earth abides.

How is cougar? Last I heard he was getting all bounced around. If you
see him let him know that I have often thought of him and hoped things
got better for him.

> Am I an experienced woods-wolf? Not particularly. Oh, I can hunt rabbits
> well enough (though I've never needed to catch one, so I didn't), and find
> drinkable water and edible berries without a Field Guide. And at the one
> unlamented Meow (SabreLion's Howl... much too feline... a cabin with beds
> and cable, yeesh...) I was the one they couldn't find at "Hide and Go Were",
> because I was crouched down in a small thicket of underbrush, remaining
> perfectly still and taking shallow breaths. I paid for it later, of course
> (bug bites up to my ankles), but it was loads of fun. (And before anyone
> asks, I didn't scratch while hiding. That wouldn't be "perfectly still",
> now would it?) Hearing the others walk right past me as they searched, and
> there I was, right close by.:> But I'm no accomplished woods-wolf, no.
>
> You "tossed" "the gun nuts and DECWolf"? I never knew any gun nuts, myself
> (at least not until Goliath, but that's another story), and DECWolf, if it's
> the same one, is doing much better now, thanks. (Yeah, I could see how
> worried you were about him...)

That is unfortunate if it is the same decwolf. He was a real ass. Yes,
you can tell him that. Yes, if I ever come face to face with him again
hye will find me a lot less laid back.

What truly thinned the ranks was the Troll
> Invasion. That many flame "artists", feeding off one another, made it
> impossible to post here for a long time.

Ummm, It really wasn't all that bad. I was here, and it just wasn't so bad.

Even my florid prose could only
> stave them off a short time, diverting one or two back to the flamegroups
> for a single post. In the end, a lot of us gave up. Not because we were
> any less werebeasts, or any less posters on Usenet. But because it was
> impossible to post without having your e-mail (and your address, if you were
> silly enough to "netcop" by actually, oh, complaining to their admin about
> having gay porn stories crossposted into your newsgroup) spread all over the
> World Wide Waterloo that the situation had become. Nobody new could come
> in, because even the barest perusal would show them a flamegroup. Our FAQ
> alone got 36 flames a week, and it's an auto-post.

Ummm, wanderer just learn to ghost yourself a bit. Well, in those days
the technology was not what it is today. Still I don't recall this huge
time where all the posts were drowned out. I do remember a time when a
huge amount of flames arose and many people mght be embarassed by that
as we had the Psion's guid to contend with, Pinky and the pain,
Slashnet's warriors, and a whole bunch of other crap all coming together
along with me and Kamatu coming head to head in the ultimate of were
flame wars. I am surprised the trolls got a word in.

> Problem was, by the time the trollage finally thinned to a manageable level,
> most of the membership had abandoned ship. Guardian, LoveBear, Eric Elliot,
> Cougar, TimberWolf, TrotFox, ShadowFox, SabreLion... the list goes on and
> on, well beyond my own correspondence. Weres who no longer post here, or
> even read the messages, because of the towering inferno it became for so
> long.

You are welcome.

> But it's still AHWW. It's still the place new weres come to learn and grow.
> And whether you like it or not, Safari Denvarion Whitelion, someone has to
> be here to welcome them, rather than lifting his leg on every newbie that
> comes through the door. So far, that's pretty much me. <looks around at
> dozens of empty seats by the tiny bonfire> Not too many choices, you know?

In all your time wanderer, it would seem that even among your friends
you need to keep your christianity quiet. I think I will leave you with
that to ponder.

Safari

Wanderer

Mar 27, 2005, 6:28:41 PM3/27/05
This time, I'm editing. We'll see if it comes out any shorter.:>

No, Safari, no excuses. I slammed you in public, I'd better have the balls
(pardon me) to apologize in public when I'm wrong. It's that simple.

Now, starting from the middle, I don't do drugs. And no, no offense was
taken. The reason I don't do drugs is that my life is weird enough without
them.:> In my inordinately sober life, I have performed memory transfer
with a dog, heard a cat in the garage saying "let me out", danced with a
whirlwind (it was a small whirlwind), sung with a thunderstorm, and weirded
out a sorcerer when my empathy got out of hand. I don't want to *know* what
I'd do on drugs!:) No, the rambling is all me. Just one of the many and
myriad joys of having an overclocked brain.

I'm sorry for your loss. R.T. sounds pretty special. He sounds for you
like my first pastor was for me: The Reverend S.Q. Proctor, and please
don't ask what "S.Q." stood for, because he wouldn't tell us. Even his
obituary and the church's memorial library just have the initials. He was
the one I quoted as saying, "Just because you turn on your faith, doesn't
mean you gotta turn off your brain!". He retired from preaching when he
developed Alzheimer's, but continued bringing people to the Lord... all the
way up until, well before there was any noticeable impairment, he...
stopped. Just closed his eyes and left.

We all agreed he would've wanted it that way.

He taught me a lot. Songs, happiness, and the love of doing a job well. He
was the father I wish I'd had. (Daddy, God bless him, acts more like a
younger brother. He's been acting like my younger brother since I was 5.
Stole the Sunday comics and all.) But I never got to go to the funeral...
he was buried upstate. I just got to cry at the memorial service.

<sigh> You see, Safari, I know my life is supposed to go on from here. The
problem is, 90% of my life to now was based around Mother. I bought what
Mother liked, went where Mother asked me to, did what Mother told me to. I
stood up to her only when I felt it truly necessary, as with the Texas
Mini-Howl and running the TSA-Bash last year. (She didn't like the idea of
either one.) And now, I have to figure out what I'm doing, without Mother
around... all while living in Mother's house, driving Mother's car, and
taking care of Mother's dog. (I was taking care of Mother's cat, too, but
Aurora passed in September. As I put it to my sister Mary, "Mother came and
picked up her cat". A 20-year-old cat, at that.)

But, back to another topic...

My Christianity and my response to your newbie-bashing are linked pretty
basically. If the newbie *is* making something up, the response he gets
will be underwhelming at best. If he's *not* making something up, then he
has a life that's weirder than mine (as hard as that is for me to imagine).
Either way, slamming him is unnecessary. Either he's telling the truth and
his life is weird, or he's making it up and we should just let it go. (I
consider the "psycho" explanation a bit far-fetched. The closest thing
we've ever had to a psycho was Storm; truly violent people don't post much
on Usenet. There's no blood.) Looking back, however, we've had the
Christianity discussion before, so I should have remembered that you don't
religion-bash.

<bemused smirk> Just to be on the safe side, I went ahead and found out how
many times you've posted my name and address here. Turns out, you've
actually done it...

<insert drum roll here>

... twice!

<fanfare on five flat flugelhorns, or one kazoo>

Yeah, I know, big deal. I just wondered.:>

Oh, and Campfire has closed. Nobody had anything to talk about.

On other subjects:

No, I've never read your LJ. Since most of my interaction with you has
consisted of blasting my hot air at your flaming torches, I never had a
reason to look it up. <smirk> But please e-mail me the link. As for the
grammar, I happen to be easily tweaked by bad spelling and grammar... just
ask my sister Mary, who tormented me for years with that sort of thing.:>
But I'm getting better... sloooowly...

I *do* want to see the people on the other end of the screen, and *have*.
Problem is, once Howls quit being announced here in AHWW (partially as a
reaction to Demonhunter's attendance in Sterling), they fell straight off my
radar and haven't been seen since. I wouldn't know about the SE Howl if
Guardian hadn't mentioned it to me last week. Worse, my car, formerly
Mother's, is a Nissan Sentra XE from the late Nineties. I've had to get the
transmission fixed (my fault) twice (the garage's fault), and have the
alternator replaced. It leaks coolant, and it's out of warranty. I'll be
pushing it just to get to Memphis. (I *did* go as far as Knoxville for New
Year's, but the alternator died after I got back. Oh, and never trust
Microsoft Streets and Trips. I almost went over a cliff with their
directions.) I'm just saying, let LoS post. (And I wouldn't mind a visit,
to be honest. Anything but hearing my own voice echoing off the walls
around here.)

(And if the twit who suggested finding friends at work is reading this, I'm
a Crossing Guard, for crying out loud. There's one other Crossing Guard on
the corner where I work, and we spend most of the time on opposite ends of
the intersection. Between wind and traffic, I can barely hear her shout.)

Thank you for at least making the attempt to call me by my name.:) It's
always felt more like Me than the family name that Daddy didn't want to
saddle me with. (Unfortunately, he didn't have another name picked out...
there's a reason Mother won the argument.)

Yes, there are paintball fields in Texas, and no, I don't play paintball.
I've been my own wolf for almost a year now, and don't feel comfortable
buying specialty game equipment until I have more income to cover my outgo.
If you're ever in the area, though, let me know. I have lots of role
playing games, and should be able to corral a few people to play with.
Failing that, I can always run a solo adventure... hey, it's not like I'm
doing much else, I might as well write something.:>

I'd still like to know how you acheived Legend status... I can't even get
"that weird guy down the street" status.:> And what local joke involves
"sock puppets"?

Haven't heard from Cougar for a while, sadly. ShadowFox and TrotFox might
know more...

Given your response, I'm suddenly glad I don't actually *know* DECWolf. I'm
just saying, from a brief search, someone with that name is doing better
these days. (And "knife in the back" because they aren't around to defend
themselves.) I simply ignored what DEC said about Winterdreamer, if I'm not
mistaken

As for the trolls, I think your ISP had better filters than mine did.
Looking at Google, I can count off the posts I wound up having to filter,
and there were more of them than there were of us. Ever.

If you're proud of running off Eric Elliot, you must not like art much.:>
Eric, if you read this, there is no current e-mail address for you anywhere
on the Web. As for the rest, LoveBear is living happily ever after, but not
in Texas; Guardian may become an actual full employee of IBM soon; others
unknown at this time.

Finally, while I don't trumpet my Chistianity every day, I'm not terribly
quiet about it, either.:> Looking at Google alone, if you put in
"Christian" with alt.horror.werewolves as the newsgroup, I'm in each and
every thread.:> I answer questions, correct misstatements, and try to
ameliorate the worst of what the Funda-Mentals do (seemingly) every time
they open their mouths. I just don't consider it something that has to open
and close every post, partially because people will remember all the bad
things the Church has done through the ages. (Oh, and if you do Google it,
there are only two threads where it showed up here. You'll want to filter
the search to cut out the crossposts from the various trolls... I'm not in
them, but they crossed to alt.religion.christianity.)

Again, I wouldn't mind being visited... it's awfully lonely here lately...

Yours wolfishly,

The wistful,

Safari

Apr 1, 2005, 1:12:36 AM4/1/05
Sorry this has taken so long, but it would seem that spring has come
and so has a bad case of brochitis. This is a good one, it has actually
held strong through 4 full days of hibernation and all of my cures. I
almost went to the hospital today, but it broke before I got the energy
up to find a cell phone to call for a ride. It was at that point of
turning into full blown pneumonia or getting better.

Wanderer wrote:
> This time, I'm editing. We'll see if it comes out any shorter.:>

Yeah, I should learn to do some of that.

> No, Safari, no excuses. I slammed you in public, I'd better have the balls
> (pardon me) to apologize in public when I'm wrong. It's that simple.

Well, I did not know that you were trying to go that way, and I accept
your apology, but it might be more youself you need to apologize to. My
skin is real thick so most insults just don't bother me.

> Now, starting from the middle, I don't do drugs. And no, no offense was
> taken.

You were jumping trains of thought pretty good there. I think there may
have been a few streams of thought thsat didn't hit the post in that case.

The reason I don't do drugs is that my life is weird enough without
> them.:> In my inordinately sober life, I have performed memory transfer
> with a dog, heard a cat in the garage saying "let me out", danced with a
> whirlwind (it was a small whirlwind), sung with a thunderstorm, and weirded
> out a sorcerer when my empathy got out of hand. I don't want to *know* what
> I'd do on drugs!:) No, the rambling is all me. Just one of the many and
> myriad joys of having an overclocked brain.

Just asking because you never know who is on the other end.

> I'm sorry for your loss. R.T. sounds pretty special. He sounds for you
> like my first pastor was for me: The Reverend S.Q. Proctor, and please
> don't ask what "S.Q." stood for, because he wouldn't tell us. Even his
> obituary and the church's memorial library just have the initials. He was
> the one I quoted as saying, "Just because you turn on your faith, doesn't
> mean you gotta turn off your brain!". He retired from preaching when he
> developed Alzheimer's, but continued bringing people to the Lord... all the
> way up until, well before there was any noticeable impairment, he...
> stopped. Just closed his eyes and left.

Well, actually I know what RT stood for.

> <sigh> You see, Safari, I know my life is supposed to go on from here. The
> problem is, 90% of my life to now was based around Mother. I bought what
> Mother liked, went where Mother asked me to, did what Mother told me to. I
> stood up to her only when I felt it truly necessary, as with the Texas
> Mini-Howl and running the TSA-Bash last year. (She didn't like the idea of
> either one.) And now, I have to figure out what I'm doing, without Mother
> around... all while living in Mother's house, driving Mother's car, and
> taking care of Mother's dog. (I was taking care of Mother's cat, too, but
> Aurora passed in September. As I put it to my sister Mary, "Mother came and
> picked up her cat". A 20-year-old cat, at that.)

OK, I could make a joke here, but I am not going to. You are right, mom
isn't there to tell you what to do anymore. And I suppose it is really
soon afterwards so right now everything probably seems quite
overwhelming, but if your mother was this great person you say she is
than she had to have put some of that into you. The tornado has hit your
life. How odd it would be me who is speaking to you about it.

You live in texas so you have seen tornados. The thing about the tornado
is it hits your life and takes all that was on the surface. Much like
how the tonado takes what is on the surface of the land. But in the case
of a spiritual tornado where certain things may be destroyed you still
remane, your spirit lightly scarred by the winds. Then you rebuild. It
is within that rebuilding that you discover yourself. It is within that
rebuilding to where you can have adventures or live dreams. Your mom has
died, and as I can see she was a great part of your life. A part you
will always value, but now she has left you some raw materials and her
teachings to make a new life. That life can be as full rich and valuable
as the one that you had with her and you should never feel ashamed
because she is not there. That is a fact of our existance. You can also
bring that richness to others.

There is a movie quote that I often enjoy. It comes from the opening of
True Romance It goes "Sometimes things go the other way" What frustrated
me the most about the whole storm thing was not that no one believed me
about his obvious intentions. What really bothered me about the whole
situation is how afterward this community that had prided itself on
being so close turned it's backs on the victims. In all honesty, storm
was not the end of the world. A few people got taken for some money, ok
that sucks but money is money. A few people got their drems and hopes
played with and that really sucked and people couldn't pull together to
help. I saw them all pull together to try to help decwolf who was never
deservant of a single one of their efforts, but when it really counted
no one was there.

Wanderer, do you know why I am rising to the top? It is because I m
strong, and I am a true king. That is what the spirit of the lion taught
me. But a king is nothing but a person without people. No one has yet
been able to take me down. That is why I am royal. But that idea is not
always neccesarily a joke. Sure, I am princess of werewolves, that and a
buck will get me a cup of coffee. I am the alpha of AHWW. It took a lot
of fighting to get here, but I had to. Everyone was so worried about
someone coming and taking control that every time it looked like someone
would people snapped at eachother. I had long conversations with someone
called redwolf. He was a nice guy and he was very spiritual. I met him
at the Nova Scotia Howl. I called him a friend. but I wasn't strong
enough at the time to stop what happened to him.

You see he believed in storm. so he went and gave money and credit to
storm. Storm was doing some sort of experiment. You have to understand,
this was during my last battles with cupid so I was very much in
passions grasp. When the whole thing fell apart there was bitterness. No
one would help him because he tried to believe in storm until the bitter
end. He wanted so much to be a werewolf. Weres were all proud and
shattered and forming their own groups. lines were being drawn.

You see wanderer this is my fire. You can go elsewhere and have your
things and your battles, but this is my fire. I don't mind you standing
down there saying hey don't step on this one. You seem to be pretty good
at it. I would probably be much better at explaining all this if my head
wasn't so muddles with couging and phlegm.

> But, back to another topic...
>
> My Christianity and my response to your newbie-bashing are linked pretty
> basically. If the newbie *is* making something up, the response he gets
> will be underwhelming at best. If he's *not* making something up, then he
> has a life that's weirder than mine (as hard as that is for me to imagine).
> Either way, slamming him is unnecessary. Either he's telling the truth and
> his life is weird, or he's making it up and we should just let it go. (I
> consider the "psycho" explanation a bit far-fetched. The closest thing
> we've ever had to a psycho was Storm; truly violent people don't post much
> on Usenet. There's no blood.) Looking back, however, we've had the
> Christianity discussion before, so I should have remembered that you don't
> religion-bash.

In all honesty, decwolf was a lot worse than storm. Storm was a con man.
OK, we can pick up the peices after that. Dec was truly unstable.

I tell you what. I will try to calm down about all of that, but I am not
going to let this place turn into rageahaulics anonymous. What I am
saying is that What most of us experience as being part of a wolf does
have it's aspects of anger and rage, but that we really want to explore
the other areas because that is just a dead end, or at least a path
better explored in different ways. The wolf is not the blind rage you
felt when you beat the snot out of someone because he was threatening
you. That is andger and fighting problems, and what I am trying to say
is that for a person's benefit it may be best to confront those issues
as rage issues and not label them part of the wolf.

Like I was saying if you are attacked by a dog your first instict is to
put your arm or hand up. I am not saying that is the only reaction, but
that more than likely there is more to this story.

> <bemused smirk> Just to be on the safe side, I went ahead and found out how
> many times you've posted my name and address here. Turns out, you've
> actually done it...
>
> <insert drum roll here>
>
> ... twice!
>
> <fanfare on five flat flugelhorns, or one kazoo>
>
> Yeah, I know, big deal. I just wondered.:>
>
> Oh, and Campfire has closed. Nobody had anything to talk about.

Without me or Kamatu it was nothing. To tell the truth there is no
greatness in being right about that.

> On other subjects:
>
> No, I've never read your LJ. Since most of my interaction with you has
> consisted of blasting my hot air at your flaming torches, I never had a
> reason to look it up. <smirk> But please e-mail me the link. As for the
> grammar, I happen to be easily tweaked by bad spelling and grammar... just
> ask my sister Mary, who tormented me for years with that sort of thing.:>
> But I'm getting better... sloooowly...

Well, if you have problems with bad grammar my journal should make you
twitch. I know I am doomed for doing this, but I am The_Demon_Shiya. No
there isn't a lot of wereish things there. You may actually be
interested in some of the ideas, but beware I freeflow what I want to
say onto it. Some of it is drug induced. I will eventually talk about
that here. You may or may not want to go way back into where I was last
year. The live journal pretty much covers a number of crashes and ideas
I have had.

> I *do* want to see the people on the other end of the screen, and *have*.
> Problem is, once Howls quit being announced here in AHWW (partially as a
> reaction to Demonhunter's attendance in Sterling), they fell straight off my
> radar and haven't been seen since. I wouldn't know about the SE Howl if
> Guardian hadn't mentioned it to me last week. Worse, my car, formerly
> Mother's, is a Nissan Sentra XE from the late Nineties. I've had to get the
> transmission fixed (my fault) twice (the garage's fault), and have the
> alternator replaced. It leaks coolant, and it's out of warranty. I'll be
> pushing it just to get to Memphis. (I *did* go as far as Knoxville for New
> Year's, but the alternator died after I got back. Oh, and never trust
> Microsoft Streets and Trips. I almost went over a cliff with their
> directions.) I'm just saying, let LoS post. (And I wouldn't mind a visit,
> to be honest. Anything but hearing my own voice echoing off the walls
> around here.)

Well, it isn't out of the realm of possibility, especially for one who
has befriended cougar. I have learned to put some of my anger aside for
a time. I am still occasionally confronted with the site of Anya. We
don't get along all that well, but for Kat's sake I really try to put my
crap in the back. Speaking of a howl, maybe we should try to start one.
It doesn't have to be the be all end all, but it is a place to start.
All I know is that to get me into texas is going to take a lot of
convincing.

You know, I have often though of setting up a sort of were commune sort
of thing. You know, get some lans and some shelter. We don't have sacred
areas like jews or muslims. We can just set up A place full of nature
and have it taken care of by us. You know, we all get together, and have
a forest to call our own. If you want to stay you can, or if you want to
come to it as a sort of retreat you can.

> Thank you for at least making the attempt to call me by my name.:) It's
> always felt more like Me than the family name that Daddy didn't want to
> saddle me with. (Unfortunately, he didn't have another name picked out...
> there's a reason Mother won the argument.)

If you don't tell people there is a problem they wont know.

> Yes, there are paintball fields in Texas, and no, I don't play paintball.
> I've been my own wolf for almost a year now, and don't feel comfortable
> buying specialty game equipment until I have more income to cover my outgo.
> If you're ever in the area, though, let me know. I have lots of role
> playing games, and should be able to corral a few people to play with.
> Failing that, I can always run a solo adventure... hey, it's not like I'm
> doing much else, I might as well write something.:>

Well, you are at a point in your life that things are changing.

> I'd still like to know how you acheived Legend status... I can't even get
> "that weird guy down the street" status.:> And what local joke involves
> "sock puppets"?

Well, the sock puppet thing comes from a friend of mine who's manager
said he would be entertained by sock puppets. It is one of those you
need to be there things. As for the legend status, I am not sure how one
can attain it, but I there are people who for some reason get talked about.

> Haven't heard from Cougar for a while, sadly. ShadowFox and TrotFox might
> know more...

My guess is you have heard a hell of a lot more than I have.

> Given your response, I'm suddenly glad I don't actually *know* DECWolf. I'm
> just saying, from a brief search, someone with that name is doing better
> these days. (And "knife in the back" because they aren't around to defend
> themselves.) I simply ignored what DEC said about Winterdreamer, if I'm not
> mistaken

Well, hopefully we can keep another decwolf away. On another front we
did have a pedophile come through here. A person who was tried and
convicted of molesting young people. Again, if we are to have this open
expression we must also be vigilant in discovering certain people's
alterior motives.

> As for the trolls, I think your ISP had better filters than mine did.
> Looking at Google, I can count off the posts I wound up having to filter,
> and there were more of them than there were of us. Ever.

Well, it is over now.

> If you're proud of running off Eric Elliot, you must not like art much.:>
> Eric, if you read this, there is no current e-mail address for you anywhere
> on the Web.

Who is eric elliot? I would probably know him better by his nickname.
Unless he just wasn't that impressive. I hate to say...well I was about
to say I wasn't into drawings, but that would have been really really
wrong. Well, I am not to into furry art.

As for the rest, LoveBear is living happily ever after, but not
> in Texas; Guardian may become an actual full employee of IBM soon; others
> unknown at this time.

Oh, warn him about that. IBM can be good and they can be bad. It really
depends on the department you are in with them. I used to work for them.
If it is helpdesk or internal support tell him to keep his resume up to
date, along with manufacturing. The development area is far more secure.

> Finally, while I don't trumpet my Chistianity every day, I'm not terribly
> quiet about it, either.:> Looking at Google alone, if you put in
> "Christian" with alt.horror.werewolves as the newsgroup, I'm in each and
> every thread.:> I answer questions, correct misstatements, and try to
> ameliorate the worst of what the Funda-Mentals do (seemingly) every time
> they open their mouths.

That sucking noise the pope is hearing is not the sound of his food
tube. It is the sound of a thousand demons in hell waiting for his soul.
He best be holding on as long as possible.

I just don't consider it something that has to open
> and close every post, partially because people will remember all the bad
> things the Church has done through the ages.

I would have to rate the more higher people in the church as more
politicians than actual religious people. It often seems that the people
dedicated to doing good in the church don't have the time to become part
of it's leadership.

(Oh, and if you do Google it,
> there are only two threads where it showed up here. You'll want to filter
> the search to cut out the crossposts from the various trolls... I'm not in
> them, but they crossed to alt.religion.christianity.)

I tried reading that group recently. I even tried breaking in on
trolling it for the fun of it a couple months back. One would need a
nuke just to be heard there.

> Again, I wouldn't mind being visited... it's awfully lonely here lately...

Well, I may be doing a down south trip soon. It seems that my current
job has decided that they were really bothered I was not more happy and
pleasant and not so discheveled while I was drowning in phlegm with a
huge fever and finding it difficult to stand. They are about to find out
how little I need the annoyance of them.

Wanderer

Apr 2, 2005, 9:17:48 AM4/2/05
"Safari" <omoi...@nadesco.com> wrote in message
Oof, sorry to hear about the bronchitis... I've had it before, myself. And
when you're as long-winded a talker as I am, bronchitis is a major pain in
the tail... So far this year, no bronchitis. Unfortunately, my crossing is
downwind of some flowering cottonwood... guess what I'm allergic to?:P

> Wanderer wrote:
>> This time, I'm editing. We'll see if it comes out any shorter.:>
>
> Yeah, I should learn to do some of that.

Judging by length, so should I.:>

>> No, Safari, no excuses. I slammed you in public, I'd better have the
>> balls (pardon me) to apologize in public when I'm wrong. It's that
>> simple.
>
> Well, I did not know that you were trying to go that way, and I accept
> your apology, but it might be more youself you need to apologize to. My
> skin is real thick so most insults just don't bother me.

<shrug> It's important to me that my apologies be as public as what I'm
apologizing for. It's a family thing.

>> Now, starting from the middle, I don't do drugs. And no, no offense was
>> taken.
>
> You were jumping trains of thought pretty good there. I think there may
> have been a few streams of thought thsat didn't hit the post in that case.

<bemused list> Yes, but then it would have been longer.:> Nah, I
truthfully have a very fast mind. Runs in the family... conversations are
meat and drink to us, so we like to have several to sample at one time.:>

<snip>

>> No, the rambling is all me. Just one of the many and myriad joys of
>> having an overclocked brain.
>
> Just asking because you never know who is on the other end.

Understood.

<snip>

> Well, actually I know what RT stood for.

. . .

That wasn't the comparison I was drawing.

<snip my Life With Mother>

> OK, I could make a joke here, but I am not going to.

<smirk> I've heard them all, some from you. Be honest, Safari, the whole
concept of a "mama's boy" is filled with comedic potential. Mother and I
had fun with it all the time, from the "Coming, Mother!" of "Henry Aldridge"
all the way to my observation that her wheelchair was the only way I'd
*ever* get to push her around...

> You are right, mom
> isn't there to tell you what to do anymore.

<comedy> I knew there had to be a bright side... </comedy>

> And I suppose it is really
> soon afterwards so right now everything probably seems quite
> overwhelming, but if your mother was this great person you say she is
> than she had to have put some of that into you. The tornado has hit your
> life. How odd it would be me who is speaking to you about it.

<whoosh> "Quite overwhelming"? Congratulations, Safari, on winning the
Understater's Laboratory award for 2005. But I'm learning...

As for Mother...

. . .

Yeah. She did her best to instill me with the values that would guide me
through life. Including the backbone to stand up to her when I had to.

> You live in texas so you have seen tornados. The thing about the tornado
> is it hits your life and takes all that was on the surface. Much like
> how the tonado takes what is on the surface of the land. But in the case
> of a spiritual tornado where certain things may be destroyed you still
> remane, your spirit lightly scarred by the winds. Then you rebuild. It
> is within that rebuilding that you discover yourself. It is within that
> rebuilding to where you can have adventures or live dreams.

<long...

...sigh>

At this pont, I'm still scrambling to find a job that can pay the bills and
have something left over for fun, get back to writing, clean up the house
(the body removal leaves a real mess) and prepare for my sister moving back
in (with her husband and two kids) later this year. I'm still on Trazodone
for the rest of the month, and have to start sleeping without it after that
point.

<stops>

<listens>

It's so blasted quiet... nobody calling my name... nobody wanting me to get
up and get her a drink, or feed the cat, or wipe up the mess the cat made
when she knocked over the drink... nobody...

... I feel cold...

> Your mom has
> died, and as I can see she was a great part of your life. A part you
> will always value, but now she has left you some raw materials and her
> teachings to make a new life. That life can be as full rich and valuable
> as the one that you had with her and you should never feel ashamed
> because she is not there. That is a fact of our existance. You can also
> bring that richness to others.

. . .

I know. It's just... it's been less than a year, Safari. It'll be a year
on July 11th, 2005.

She was almost 69...

<headshake> <eyewipe>

I'm not ashamed of her not being here, you know. Just... sad. Sad for all
the things I never got to give her, that I'll never get to give her. The
house in the country, the train ride, the... the grandchildren...

<nosewipe>

<laugh> Of course, first I have to figure out how to get a date. It's not
like my senior prom, where I can canvass the entire lunchroom until I find
someone.:> And my last two dates were... bad choices. The girl from
college had all the wrong things in common with me... like a dysfunctional
family and temper issues. (I'm never dating inside my Psych class again...)
The girl who worked at Goodwill... let's just say that when the guy cries at
Titanic and the girl doesn't... it's not going to last...

>What frustrated
> me the most about the whole storm thing was not that no one believed me
> about his obvious intentions. What really bothered me about the whole
> situation is how afterward this community that had prided itself on
> being so close turned it's backs on the victims.

Not so! The entire group rejoiced when Storm, having overreached himself
one last time, went out in a blaze of glory. Seems the demented one
attempted to pull in one more were (hiya, Darquestar... you out there?) and
wouldn't back off at the right time. (i.e., when the mark showed signs of
getting wise) So Darque began getting nasty e-mails... and then threatening
phone calls.

Bad move.:> Seems Darquestar had a friend in the phone company, and an old
Navy buddy near Storm's address in Racine, WI. How do I remember? Because
I happily laughed myself sick at the Cosmic Justice of it all.:>

But Darquestar had the care and support of most (if not all) of the group.
Katmandu, Crystal, Flenser, FotCA, Wontolla, Night-Wolf, Maelstrom,
Darkmoon, Silverfang... even Spyder weighed in on her side.

I'm not saying AHWW came up smelling like roses. Some of those same people,
before Storm showed his true colors (Crazy Stripe and Money Green) were
calling for him to stay. But we learned, we rallied, and we will *not* let
there be another Storm if we can possibly help it!

> In all honesty, storm
> was not the end of the world.

Agreed. I came in late to the litany of horrors, but I winced every time I
saw another post that described what happened up there.

> I saw them all pull together to try to help decwolf who was never
> deservant of a single one of their efforts, but when it really counted
> no one was there.

When Darquestar needed them, they were there.

When Raphiel was kicking himself for believing Storm, Coyote Osborne was
there.

Now, whatever's happening with WingdWolf remains unknown. Last listed post
with that name in it dates to 1998. Hey, you brought up people who believed
Storm way back when...

Redwuuf was last heard from in 2000... and I never did get the recipes for
his biscuits and chili.:/ Anyone heard from him?

> Wanderer, do you know why I am rising to the top? It is because I m
> strong, and I am a true king. That is what the spirit of the lion taught
> me. But a king is nothing but a person without people. No one has yet
> been able to take me down.

Taking you down implies come modicum of control, Safari. And if there's one
thing that barely exists on Usenet and runs screaming from the alt.*
hierarchy, it's control.

And as for being "a true king"? Well, you're no Arthur. But this quote
seems appropriate:

"A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his
actions."--Confucius

For my part, I rather appreciate a different quote:

"The object of the superior man is truth."--Confucius

> That is why I am royal. But that idea is not
> always neccesarily a joke. Sure, I am princess of werewolves, that and a
> buck will get me a cup of coffee. I am the alpha of AHWW. It took a lot
> of fighting to get here, but I had to.

Um... sorry, Safari, but... well, no.

No, AHWW does not have an Alpha. It doesn't much need one, and an Alpha
wouldn't have much to do here anyway.

No, you didn't have to. There are always choices, always decisions. We
didn't ask you to fight for the illusory position, and do not insist you
"retain" it.

And where the heck can you get coffee for a dollar anymore?:>

> Everyone was so worried about
> someone coming and taking control that every time it looked like someone
> would people snapped at eachother. I had long conversations with someone
> called redwolf. He was a nice guy and he was very spiritual. I met him
> at the Nova Scotia Howl. I called him a friend. but I wasn't strong
> enough at the time to stop what happened to him.

<headscratch> If you mean STriker, he's alive, well, and doing fine. If
you mean Redwuuf, I can't find him since 2000. Otherwise, you'll have to
narrow the field a bit.

<snip>

Lovely soap opera, safari. But no.

Want a list of people that backed Storm when he first showed up? It
includes Katmandu and Raphiel (later Kaurpin). Some have left, some have
stayed; none have been driven away for a bad decision.

Heck, Safari, look what he offered. Real, physical transformation. Yes, he
was a crook and a con man. Yes, he was a liar and a cheat. But, Saf, have
you never looked at why anyone in this group gave the offer a second look?

He offered us difference. The power to make our differences as real as they
are felt.

For IRC I cannot speak. For e-mail I cannot speak. But nobody has been
driven away from this NG because of a bad choice in the Storm days. Nobody
was made outcaste over a moment's folly.

> I would probably be much better at explaining all this if my head
> wasn't so muddles with couging and phlegm.

I'll wait, Saf. I'm not going anywhere.:>

> In all honesty, decwolf was a lot worse than storm. Storm was a con man.
> OK, we can pick up the peices after that. Dec was truly unstable.

And we picked up the pieces after that, too. After the fifth or sixth
Decwolf panic, he went elsewhere... and, if I really have found him, he's
doing much better now.

> I tell you what. I will try to calm down about all of that, but I am not
> going to let this place turn into rageahaulics anonymous.

Fair enough.

> What I am
> saying is that What most of us experience as being part of a wolf does
> have it's aspects of anger and rage, but that we really want to explore
> the other areas because that is just a dead end, or at least a path
> better explored in different ways.

<shrug> Anger, and its sister Rage, have their places in all life.
Sometimes that's a path we have to walk.

> The wolf is not the blind rage you
> felt when you beat the snot out of someone because he was threatening
> you.

<smirk> Would that my fighting skills were equal to your belief in them.
Wolf is great at dominance battles, but lousy at two legs...

No, Safari, I never "beat the snot out of" anyone. The only actual,
physical fight I've ever won, I won because the other guy was too shocked at
getting bitten on the knee to fight anymore. I've won dominance battles,
because they're all confidence and posture... and because Wolf fought them
for me. I got to root from the back and pray he wasn't really going to hurt
anyone...

> That is andger and fighting problems, and what I am trying to say
> is that for a person's benefit it may be best to confront those issues
> as rage issues and not label them part of the wolf.

<nod> <shrug> Fair enough. But when anger and rage aren't involved, and
Wolf is? What then?

> Like I was saying if you are attacked by a dog your first instict is to
> put your arm or hand up. I am not saying that is the only reaction, but
> that more than likely there is more to this story.

<nod> Agreed in that much.

<snip>

> Well, if you have problems with bad grammar my journal should make you
> twitch. I know I am doomed for doing this, but I am The_Demon_Shiya. No
> there isn't a lot of wereish things there. You may actually be
> interested in some of the ideas, but beware I freeflow what I want to
> say onto it. Some of it is drug induced. I will eventually talk about
> that here. You may or may not want to go way back into where I was last
> year. The live journal pretty much covers a number of crashes and ideas
> I have had.

Drugs don't hold many answers. They just make it hard to remember what the
question was in the first place. You might want to look into weaning
yourself off of any optional ones.

<reads LJ>

Spelling... check.

Grammar... check, but not as bad as you think.

But Saf, you're more anti-Catholic than a Protestant at the stake.

<snip>

> Well, it isn't out of the realm of possibility, especially for one who
> has befriended cougar. I have learned to put some of my anger aside for
> a time.

A time when you need it?:> Sorry, just came to mind... but I would
appreciate a visit. That goes for all the weres in Texas, folks... heck, in
the continental U.S.A.!

> I am still occasionally confronted with the site of Anya. We
> don't get along all that well, but for Kat's sake I really try to put my
> crap in the back. Speaking of a howl, maybe we should try to start one.
> It doesn't have to be the be all end all, but it is a place to start.

<nod> Sounds like a good idea from here. I can organize and get
information, but we'd need to decide where it's going to be, first. You
know, what state?

> All I know is that to get me into texas is going to take a lot of
> convincing.

<smirk> I was born here, Saf. Believe me, I know what you mean.

> You know, I have often though of setting up a sort of were commune sort
> of thing. You know, get some lans and some shelter. We don't have sacred
> areas like jews or muslims. We can just set up A place full of nature
> and have it taken care of by us. You know, we all get together, and have
> a forest to call our own. If you want to stay you can, or if you want to
> come to it as a sort of retreat you can.

. . .

Safari, you *do* realize you just described Heart's Dream, right?

<snip>

> Well, the sock puppet thing comes from a friend of mine who's manager
> said he would be entertained by sock puppets. It is one of those you
> need to be there things.

I have a good imagination, Saf. I think I get it.:>

> As for the legend status, I am not sure how one
> can attain it, but I there are people who for some reason get talked
> about.

<cocks head> There are lots of things that can be... not all of them
good... :>

>> Haven't heard from Cougar for a while, sadly. ShadowFox and TrotFox
>> might know more...
>
> My guess is you have heard a hell of a lot more than I have.

<sad smirk> You guessed wrong. I haven't heard from any of them in years.

<snip>

> Well, hopefully we can keep another decwolf away. On another front we
> did have a pedophile come through here. A person who was tried and
> convicted of molesting young people. Again, if we are to have this open
> expression we must also be vigilant in discovering certain people's
> alterior motives.

If you'll go back and check, Nehi (the were whom you and Kamatu declared as
a pedophile) received that juvie conviction (later expunged) at age 12...
for playing "footsie" with another 12-year-old. And, oh yes, he hasn't been
here since 2002.

>> If you're proud of running off Eric Elliot, you must not like art much.:>
>> Eric, if you read this, there is no current e-mail address for you
>> anywhere on the Web.
>
> Who is eric elliot? I would probably know him better by his nickname.

Coyote, but not Osborne.

> Unless he just wasn't that impressive. I hate to say...well I was about to
> say I wasn't into drawings, but that would have been really really wrong.
> Well, I am not to into furry art.

Eric Elliot mostly drew werewolves. Here, let me point you to some of his
old art...

http://us.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Eric-Elliot/index01-by-date.html

Hasn't been updated since '97, but it's good...

> Oh, warn him about that. IBM can be good and they can be bad. It really
> depends on the department you are in with them. I used to work for them.
> If it is helpdesk or internal support tell him to keep his resume up to
> date, along with manufacturing. The development area is far more secure.

Oh, he knows, he knows. He's not even off-contract yet...

<snip>

> Well, I may be doing a down south trip soon. It seems that my current job
> has decided that they were really bothered I was not more happy and
> pleasant and not so discheveled while I was drowning in phlegm with a huge
> fever and finding it difficult to stand. They are about to find out how
> little I need the annoyance of them.

Oof.:> Let 'em have it, Saf.:>

Yours wolfishly,

The ever-loving, blue-eyed,

Trouser Snake

Apr 2, 2005, 4:56:01 PM4/2/05
<114tacg...@corp.supernews.com>:

>"Safari" <omoi...@nadesco.com> wrote in message
>Oof, sorry to hear about the bronchitis... I've had it before, myself.
And
>when you're as long-winded a talker as I am, bronchitis is a major pain
in
>the tail... So far this year, no bronchitis. Unfortunately, my
crossing is
>downwind of some flowering cottonwood... guess what I'm allergic to?:P

From the looks of your posts I'd have to say you're allergic to
REALITY.

}:@)

Cypher

Apr 5, 2005, 11:16:41 AM4/5/05

Safari wrote:
<snip>

> Wanderer, do you know why I am rising to the top? It is because I m
> strong, and I am a true king. That is what the spirit of the lion
taught
> me. But a king is nothing but a person without people. No one has yet
> been able to take me down. That is why I am royal. But that idea is
not
> always neccesarily a joke. Sure, I am princess of werewolves, that
and a
> buck will get me a cup of coffee. I am the alpha of AHWW. It took a
lot
> of fighting to get here, but I had to. Everyone was so worried about
> someone coming and taking control that every time it looked like
someone
> would people snapped at eachother. I had long conversations with
someone
> called redwolf. He was a nice guy and he was very spiritual. I met
him
> at the Nova Scotia Howl. I called him a friend. but I wasn't strong
> enough at the time to stop what happened to him.

While I more or less agree with how you handle people (as it is also my
way), I must disagree with your self appointed leadership. Usenet is no
place for alphas, we all come here as equals to learn from each other.
As this place cannot be moderated like a typical forum, the only
context I can see you saying this from is pretty far from humble. It's
disappointing, you seemed to understand that power games are a joke.