Returning, with werecard

z_cool...@titan.sfasu.edu

Mar 21, 1995, 10:56:31 AM3/21/95
Greetings. I have not posted here in a long time, but I used to lurk the
woods of this newsgroup about a year ago, back when it only had one or two
other people. Here's my reintroduction:

Human name: Jonathan Scott Coolidge

Were name: Irnan Wylif (translation: Running Wolf, language: elvish, Fahri
Sidhe, from realm of Fahri)

Phenotype: At the moment, a shifter in dreams only. I am at work on astral
projection, but so far no success. Were I to attain astral form, I would
no doubt have a powerful new medium of shape-shifting available. I am also
at work on lucid dreaming, but with only minor success.

Birthdate: April 25, 1973. Reborn many times since then.

Birthplace: Nacogdoches, Texas, United States of America. It is a small to
mid-sized college town in the Bible Belt. Many here know of my interest in
lycanthropy, which makes my interest in the phases of the moon something
that makes sense enough without having to reveal my Wiccan tendancies to
the public at large. (OK, I'm telling the whole world I'm a Pagan by sending
this post to the internet. I'm lousy with secrets.)

Home territory: The woods here are very pleasant, and there is plenty of them.
Spiritually, the place is very strong. Past Native American influence can
still be felt on the land, though there is plenty of White-man desecration,
which is to be expected.

Dream territory: Fahri, one of the many sister realms of legends. It is a place
where magic works unrestricted, and the people unanimously respect each other
and all life. Elvenkind in Fahri have great longevity, in part because of
their physiology, but in part because they take care of their bodies and
spirits, rather than falling into the decay of stagnation, television, and
Wyrm taints.

Physical description (human): I am five feet, eleven inches, or almost a perfect
1.50 meters in height. I have dark brown hair, which looks black at times.
My eyes change color slightly, but are essentially blue, with amber rings. I
am light in build for my height, weighing 145 lbs. on average, with long,
narrow features. I have prominant cheekbones. I am mostly Anglo-Saxon, but
1/4 Italian and a few drops of Cherokee to boot.

Physical description (were): I have no one fixed form; I can shift anywhere in
between human and wolf, or draw out certain features, such as making my ears
pointed and raised in position. As a wolf, I am black with an amber sheen
and golden eyes.

Human Career: Though I am applying to medical school, I have not been accepted,
and I am considering choosing another career instead of re-applying next
year. Architecture looks good. If so, I'll design houses that work with
the land rather than require four walls, a yard of grass, and a lot of
tree-killing.

Hobbies/Interests: I am a writer and an artist, as well as a biologist. I play
role-playing games. My favorite, of course, is Werewolf: the Apocalypse.
(Isn't it everyone's?) I have been collecting Magic: the Gathering cards for
about a year. I have four Lesser Werewolves, as well as plenty of other wolf
and moon based cards. Right now I'm trying to get ahold of a Master of the
Hunt.

Favourite Movie: My top ones would be the seven Star Treks, The Dark Crystal,
Terminator 2, The Company of Wolves, and the Star Wars trilogy. Maybe some
gothic films, and some of the good Science Fiction movies over the years,
including Silent Running and The Day the Earth Stood Still. Also, good
fantasy stories, like Highlander and Ladyhawke.

Favorite Were Movies: The Company of Wolves and Wolf tie for #1. I like The
Howling for it's visual quality, but the weres in it are depicted as evil
monsters, which I find a bit offensively stereotypical. Come to think of
it, Ladyhawke has a wolf-shifter in it!

Fav. Literature: MacBeth is my favorite of the great classics, though I like
1984 for it's power.

Fav. Artists: Salvador Dali and Heronymous Bosch, as well as Brian Froud (artist
and co-author of _Faeries_, as well as co-designer of _The Dark Crystal_.)

Fav. Quote: "There can be only one." I also like, from Wolf, "The worm has
turned and is now packing an Uzi." It is good background stuff for W:tA
games, with the pack sitting around watching videos in a lull scene. And
from _Rattle and Hum_, during "Bullet the Blue Sky", Bono says "The God I
believe in isn't short of cash, Mister!" to the "Preacher of the old time
Gospel Hour, stealing money from the sick and the old...."

Fav. Bands: U2 is #1 at the moment. I'm also fond of Enigma, The Cure, Pearl
Jam, Pink Floyd, and Nirvana. I am an ex-headbanger who still enjoys KISS,
Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Dio (Lock Up the Wolves), and Metallica.
Oh, of course Led Zeppelin. I also like The Police. And, The Cult is one
of my big favorites.

Fav. songs: "The Last in Line" (Dio), "Brother Wolf, Sister Moon" (The Cult),
"Where the Streets Have No Name" (U2), "Until the End of the World" (U2),
"The Battle of Evermore" (Led Zeppelin), "Stairway to Heaven" (Led Zeppelin),
"Overture" (Def Leppard), "Still of the Night" (Whitesnake), "Of Wolf and
Man" (Metallica), and "Lock Up the Wolves" (Dio)

Fav. Season: I like all of them about evenly. I used to prefer summer, but that
was when I was a kid, and summer meant no school.

Preferred Prey: Religious zealots.

Fav. Non-were Mythological beast: Elves.

Attitude toward Vampires: Vampirism is dead! :) I joke of hating them for
getting all the publicity that rightfully belongs to werewolves, but in truth
I find the subject of vampirism interesting. However, I would really hate to
be a vampire myself.

Attitude toward humans: This fluctuates. Overall I feel disturbed but
optimistic. I feel that there are many wrongs that must be righted, and I
have hope that some day they will be righted. Meanwhile, I must live in
a very frustrating time period of religious fear, social control, monetary
domination, and Dominionistic dogma. ("Dominionism" is the term I use to
describe the ideology that mankind was given by divine hands the right to
own and control the Earth and all other life on it. It has only really
been properly questioned and doubted over here in the US by the majority
society in the last five years, with the wave of environmental awareness.
But, Native Americans and Pagan cultures within the US have doubted it from
the beginning.)

Personal lycanthropy: I discovered werewolves in almost a silly way. I watched
the movie _Teen Wolf_ on the night of May 4, 1987. Before I went to bed that
very night, I started imagining my own story. After 7.9 years and 60
versions, that story is still unwritten but much more polished. It has
changed over the years as I have, and has gone from almost a humorous and
certainly awkwardly constructed series of events to a very moving account of
my philosophy and findings.

z_cool...@titan.sfasu.edu Jon Coolidge / "Grumble Djon"
"It is not evil to imagine." )O(

Carly Guthrie

Mar 22, 1995, 10:49:13 AM3/22/95

> Physical description (human): I am five feet, eleven inches, or almost a
perfect 1.50 meters in height.

Sorry, but your metric conversion is a little off. There are 39.4 inches
in a meter, so 1.50 meters would be 59.1 inches, or 4'11" tall.
On the other hand, 5'11", or 71 inches, would be 180.02 centimeters, or
almost exactly 1.8 meters!

Kitsune

Mar 23, 1995, 2:47:35 AM3/23/95
In article <cguthrie-220...@s210.hall.haverford.edu>
cgut...@haverford.edu "Carly Guthrie" writes:

> There are 39.4 inches in a meter...

Just off the top of my head, there are 39.37 inches in a metre. I was
in school when the change from imperial to metric took place, so I'm
fully conversant with both systems. Does that make me bilingual? :-)

Hey, don't overlook 0.03 inches! These little things add up, y'know.
I mean if you took a hundred of them and stacked them on top of one
another, they'd be... well... they'd be 3 inches tall, wouldnt they?
Hmm? Wouldn't they?

--

Kitsune

(Pedantic little bastard)

Mr D P Round

Mar 23, 1995, 3:20:30 AM3/23/95
Irnan Wylif - z_cool...@titan.sfasu.edu says..

Rip - out of context

> the movie _Teen Wolf_ on the night of May 4, 1987. Before I went to bed that
> very night, I started imagining my own story. After 7.9 years and 60
> versions, that story is still unwritten but much more polished. It has
> changed over the years as I have, and has gone from almost a humorous and
> certainly awkwardly constructed series of events to a very moving account of
> my philosophy and findings.

I don't suppose that there is any chance of you writing it for us...? We
would love to hear *that* sort of story!

Beg, beg, ingratiating grin...

David

****** David Round - EMail ro...@uk.ac.bangor.sees ******
*****These are my own views, I represent nobody (Well maybe myself)*****
***********I guarantee nothing - Particularly the spelling**************

z_cool...@titan.sfasu.edu

Mar 23, 1995, 4:32:40 PM3/23/95
In article <!@#$!#$>, ro...@sees.bangor.ac.uk (Mr D P Round) asks:
> Irnan Wylif - z_cool...@titan.sfasu.edu (me) says..
>> ...I started imagining my own story. After 7.9 years and 60

>> versions, that story is still unwritten but much more polished. It has
>> changed over the years as I have...

> I don't suppose that there is any chance of you writing it for us...? We
> would love to hear *that* sort of story!

I am seriously plagued by lack of free time. If I ever get a chance to
get it on paper, I will. I don't own my own computer, so I don't have much of
a chance to type it up. I'd love to just sit down and write the thing once and
for all. In fact, I am seriously considering dropping all the stuff I'm into
so I can have free time. This will be my last semester stuffed with $#!% that
I have to do all the time, unless I am actually accepted into medical school.
Right now I'd say my odds of getting in are about 15-20% per school for four
schools, which probably is about a 50% overall chance of getting in. If I'm
not accepted, I'm going to buy my own computer with the expenses, and write the
thing on it. I'll post to you the rough drafts.

I'll see what happens.

z_cool...@titan.sfasu.edu Jon Coolidge / "Grumble Djon"

"Brother wolf and sister moon, your time has come --The Cult
...And the wind will blow my fears away "Brother Wolf,
...And drive my tears away..." Sister Moon"