Wanderer claims money is all his

Kamatu

Jun 2, 2001, 3:26:41 PM6/2/01
Gee, Wanderer tried to get me to blow my cover at Therians Campliar.

Here are his planes for using the community money from the cookbook:

"If, on the other paw, you're referring to a certain "biker" (as any
biker will tell you, real bikers don't ride Yamahas) and his use of
the domain name AHWW.ORG, there is, indeed, an individual in
Tom's River, NJ, who owns that domain name. Since I am not
using AHWW.ORG in the title, preface, contents or introduction of
the cookbook, however, that person shall have no grounds for
access to the funds created, nor reason for any legislation to
combat my use of the four-letter abbreviation, "AHWW". (I'm a
writer ... I study copyright for every good reason under the moon.;)
In addition, the introduction makes it abundantly clear that the
abbreviation is used only to refer to the newsgroup,
alt.horror.werewolves. The belligerent "biker" gets bupkis."

Guess the "whole community isn't going to get any money, just the ones
Wanderer likes.

He goes on to say:

"Finally, I admit that there is no overarching organization to oversee
the funds. "

Duh... It's straight into his pocket with the money, we knew that already.

"All funds shall be assembled pending the vote of all
members of the Werecommunity, and applied according to that
vote. If a consensus cannot be reached, the monies collected
shall be placed in a savings account, there to accrue interest until
such consensus is obtained."

ROTFLMAO!
And this savings account is in who's name again??

Is there an organization behind this?
Is there a corporate group, or a board of directors?

Is there any way Wanderer would come to Toms River and tell all my biker
friends they aren't real bikers because they ride Yamahas?

The answer to all of the questions is, "No."

If Wanderer weren't a pathetic 15 year old who can't hold a job, or do
something as simple as get a driver's license, I'd almost feel sorry for
him.

Lina Inverse

Jun 2, 2001, 8:41:10 PM6/2/01

Kamatu wrote:

> Gee, Wanderer tried to get me to blow my cover at Therians Campliar.

Maybe he thought you worked in a gas station?

> Here are his planes for using the community money from the cookbook:

There are plans to this?

> "If, on the other paw, you're referring to a certain "biker" (as any
> biker will tell you, real bikers don't ride Yamahas) and his use of
> the domain name AHWW.ORG, there is, indeed, an individual in
> Tom's River, NJ, who owns that domain name. Since I am not
> using AHWW.ORG in the title, preface, contents or introduction of
> the cookbook, however, that person shall have no grounds for
> access to the funds created, nor reason for any legislation to
> combat my use of the four-letter abbreviation, "AHWW". (I'm a
> writer ... I study copyright for every good reason under the moon.;)
> In addition, the introduction makes it abundantly clear that the
> abbreviation is used only to refer to the newsgroup,
> alt.horror.werewolves. The belligerent "biker" gets bupkis."

Unless, of course, the belligerant biker has a lawyer who is better than
a armchair lawer who failed Gas station robbery 101.

> Guess the "whole community isn't going to get any money, just the ones
> Wanderer likes.

I could have told you that. What wanderer doesn't realize is that the
name alt.horror.werewolves is a registered business name. I would guess
that the prize will go to the petulant princess who had the state of
mind to purchase the DBA for that name in 5 states so far :) Ooooopsie,
did I do that :) I am just waiting to level fraud charges on wanderer
for using my name in the marketing of his scam :)

> He goes on to say:
>
> "Finally, I admit that there is no overarching organization to oversee
> the funds. "
>
> Duh... It's straight into his pocket with the money, we knew that already.

Just a matter of time before I level a small claims suit on him for that
money.

> "All funds shall be assembled pending the vote of all
> members of the Werecommunity, and applied according to that
> vote. If a consensus cannot be reached, the monies collected
> shall be placed in a savings account, there to accrue interest until
> such consensus is obtained."
>
> ROTFLMAO!
> And this savings account is in who's name again??

Well, since a consensus of almost any large community would be hard to
acquire, and policy in my business is being made without my consent I
wouldn't take this statement to mean too much.

> Is there an organization behind this?
> Is there a corporate group, or a board of directors?

Yes, but it is owned by me.

> Is there any way Wanderer would come to Toms River and tell all my biker
> friends they aren't real bikers because they ride Yamahas?

He would, but a plane ticket is out of the price range for the
unemployed, and mommy won't let him drive without a liscence.

> The answer to all of the questions is, "No."

Duh :)

> If Wanderer weren't a pathetic 15 year old who can't hold a job, or do
> something as simple as get a driver's license, I'd almost feel sorry for
> him.

I hope this doesn't go too much further. Then it really depends on who
can produce a government certified letter of ownership of the name :) I
wonder who out there spent the couple of bucks to get it :) Maybe I
should go S-corp?

Hmmmm, what was wonderer's address and name again, I would hate for my
lawyers to be without it :)

As public record:

Charles E. Calvert III (Aka. Wanderer) of 3619 Ruby Dr., Mesquite, TX
75150-2136 Does not in any way represent the business of
alt.horror.werewolves. He is neither an employee or anyone under
contract by us. His use of the name of alt.horror.werewolves to do
business under and gain working capital is fraudulent. He does own or
operate any of our locations, and his claims to be starting up a
business with that name are complete fabrications. He has neither
requested permission to use the name, or started any sort of franchise
negotiations with the owners of alt.horror.werewolves.

Just a statement from the owner :)
--
Safari D. Whitelion

Lao-tzu

Jun 3, 2001, 7:11:40 PM6/3/01

Lina Inverse <mak...@bestweb.net> wrote in message
You're about as bright as a rock, but twice as brave.Posting somwons reel
name w/ out their consent isn't all that legal.Even on usenet._If_ he had
the financial,and therefore legal recourse to action he could sue you silly
:o) But thanks for his contact info...now I know where to send those extra
books on teh sUpErnatural.Kudos sNaRfy, you mock yourself better than anyone
:o)
Lao-Tzu

PixelWig

Jun 3, 2001, 9:17:11 PM6/3/01
Safari, don't you mean you incorporated in 5 states? Forming a corporation
will protect a business name on, either, a federal or state level. A DBA
usually only protects business names in your local county level , but can
potentially block others from incorporating the same name. Even so, a DBA will
not get you any protection in other Countries. So the Swedes can buy all the
cook books and you haven't got a fight. Registering DBAs in every county in
New York and 4 additional states sounds like mondo work on your part. What
states provide statewide protection from registering one DBA per state? If you
are sole proprietor you should go C-corp. That way you can still provide your
flaming service and get the best tax advantage.

Better watch the temp of those flames... Any litigious minded wolf can now sue
your business for libel. Your business registration has protected your
personal nest egg (well, as long as you seperated your finances)! WTG!

Should we start calling you Mr. Alt H. Werewolves?

-David, Were-At-Large

Kamatu

Jun 4, 2001, 12:43:53 AM6/4/01
An armchair accountant.
Go figure

"PixelWig" <pixe...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ben Goodridge

Jun 4, 2001, 4:05:46 AM6/4/01
> Charles E. Calvert III (Aka. Wanderer) of 3619 Ruby Dr., Mesquite, TX
> 75150-2136 Does not in any way represent the business of
> alt.horror.werewolves. He is neither an employee or anyone under
> contract by us. His use of the name of alt.horror.werewolves to do
> business under and gain working capital is fraudulent. He does own or
> operate any of our locations, and his claims to be starting up a
> business with that name are complete fabrications. He has neither
> requested permission to use the name, or started any sort of franchise
> negotiations with the owners of alt.horror.werewolves.

Now there's a trial I want front-row seats for. In order to have registered
as a trademark "alt.horror.werewolves" Safari would have to prove reasonably
that he came up with the name and has it trademarked via the US Copyright
Office. All Wanderer would have to do to pitch him out of the courtroom is
prove that AHWW existed before Safari ever heard of it.

It's possible to defeat a plagiarism or infringement suit if you prove the
pre-existence of the concept you're being sued over. Jack Kerouac isn't
likely to sue Dennis Hopper on the grounds of his making a road picture if
Hopper can prove that other road-stories existed before "On the Road--" and
that particular grand tradition goes all the way back to the Odyssey. It can
be conclusively proved that alt.horror.werewolves predates Safari's presence
on it, which means he has no established legal right to its exclusive use
without documentation from the creators of the newsgroup.

Still, I'm very, very interested to see how that lawsuit turns out. The
lawyers will probably get a good laugh. Some of them could use one.

Ben Goodridge
bgoo...@maine.rr.com

Ben Goodridge

Jun 4, 2001, 4:17:53 AM6/4/01
Actually, there's a cottage publishing industry in what Wanderer's up to,
and it's all above-board.

The kind of book he's talking about is called a "non-book," one in which
solicitations go out for ideas that fill the chapters; nothing is owed to
the contributors and nothing need be dealt to them. A lot of cookbooks are
non-books (think of all those damn celebrity cookbooks you see on the
shelves, in which some editor somewhere asks three or four dozen B-list
actors what their favorite recipes are). There are other non-books in the
humor-section (I've got a pretty good one called "College Roommates from
Hell" that I picked up to see if I was featured prominently) and writer's
market magazines like Writer's Digest and Fiction Writer often have
solicitations in their classified sections for articles for non-books.

Making a written contribution does not automatically entitle one to a share
of the proceeds. All it entitles one to is a byline. Anyone who's ever tried
to contribute stories to literary magazines can tell you that. Writer's
Market is creaking with "small press" fiction anthology publishers that pay
in contributor's copies. Every writer's early writing is going to be unpaid.
I don't know why this idea offends Kamatu so much. I don't know a living,
breathing writer that didn't cut their fangs doing unpaid work for the small
markets. I've got an ankle-deep stack of magazines that "paid" me in
contributor copies.

Club cookbooks are nothing unusual, either. My mom's Lioness Club banged
their pots and pans together and self-published a really good rural cookbook
with recipes for things that you can't find in Joy of Cooking. The
individuals, of course, didn't see a nickel of the profit and didn't expect
to; funds for the sale of the cookbook went into the club treasury and from
thence to charity.

In sum, Wanderer isn't really doing anything unethical, illegal, or
unprecedented. If Kamatu really wanted to sling mud, he'd suggest that
Wanderer's intentions were to publish the submissions under his own byline.
Implying that he's out to steal money doesn't really have anything to
support it. No money is flowing from the pockets of the submitters into
Wanderer's.

A popular scam from publishers against first time writers is the charging of
a "reading fee" for some anthology or other. Then the first-time writer is
told that his work is being accepted and is charged a "placement fee." This
can run as high as the dodgy publisher dares, sometimes as much as three
hundred dollars. The writer is offered a contributor copy for his work (and
probably charged for that, too.) What he gets for his money is an overpriced
hardbound full of other people's unsellable crap, printed for about $5.00 a
copy, with a cover price of about fifty dollars, and he's out hundreds.
"Woodside Literary Agency" ran a similar scam. If Wanderer were charging us
money for the recipes to appear in the book, Kamatu would be a lot more
credible, and Wanderer would be prosecutable.

What's strangest of all is that I've been wondering what in the world can be
the possible motivation to trying to scare someone away from producing a
cookbook (a COOKBOOK, for chrissakes). My guess is that they saw two
concepts floating past: one, money is changing hands: two, they aren't going
to get any. There's a name for trying to scare someone into giving you a
payoff. It's called "blackmail." And THAT is DEFINITELY prosecutable.

Wanderer, here's one for free. Pinwheels are something of a family standby
and can be made pretty quickly. Use your favorite biscuit recipe to produce
some dough. Brown a pound of ground beef with a chopped onion and a packet
of gravy mix. Throw in some green pepper if you've half a mind to it. Roll
out the biscuit dough, put the ground beef mixture in it and spread it kind
of thin. Then roll it up, slice the roll into one-inch slices, and put the
slices in the cups of a muffin tin. Bake that sumbitch for about fifteen
minutes at 350 degrees. Goes great with gravy. I don't know how fair my
byline is for it; it's an old family recipe (I'm dead certain my grandmother
didn't invent it) but it's this kind of fun, easy thing to make when you're
pressed for time. If you were going to byline it, I'd recommend calling it
"Traditional: submitted by" and then my name. Ground beef was something of a
staple in the Goodridge household and I know ways of putting it on a plate
that might prove surprising.

Take care.

Ben Goodridge
bgoo...@maine.rr.com

Wanderer

Jun 4, 2001, 6:08:22 AM6/4/01
Ben Goodridge wrote in message ...

<snip ... thanks for clearing the air, Ben>:)

>What's strangest of all is that I've been wondering what in the world can
be
>the possible motivation to trying to scare someone away from producing a
>cookbook (a COOKBOOK, for chrissakes). My guess is that they saw two
>concepts floating past: one, money is changing hands: two, they aren't
going
>to get any. There's a name for trying to scare someone into giving you a
>payoff. It's called "blackmail." And THAT is DEFINITELY prosecutable.

Yes, but only if they're silly enough to ask for money or other favors. As
things stand, the most I could get them on would be character asassination
and libel. (And to tell you the truth, I don't consider it worth the
trouble.)

Why am I making this cookbook? Pretty simple, really ... I want to give
something back to all the weres out there, and this is the best option I
found. Raising money by selling a book filled with delicious recipes, then
canvassing the weres to derive a vote and thus determine the money's
purpose.

>Wanderer, here's one for free. Pinwheels are something of a family standby
>and can be made pretty quickly.

<snip> Recipe filed and saved, O wondrous one.:) I'm not allowed to put
"traditional" without raising the price of the book, though, so you'll have
to be the contributor of record.:)

For those who remember my end-of-May deadline, I'm sorry to tell you ... I
don't think we'll make it.;) Sirius-ly, our artist, Funny Animal, fell
behind in the artwork due to other obligations, and hasn't yet sent me the
finished image. This being the case, recipe collection is still open. So
please, send in your recipes ... let's make this cookbook a masterpiece.:)

(Trivia: Would you believe I got two recipes from Eric Elliot? I swear,
you could've knocked me over with a breath.:)

>Take care.

Thanks, Ben.:) It's good to have so many recipes from the weres who showed
me the ropes back when I was posting from Eastfield College.:)

This brings us to 29 contributors, with a target of 75. So keep sending in
those recipes, folks!:) And if you have any question, just e-mail me at the
address below.

Yours wolfishly,

The recipe-collecting,

Wanderer**wand...@ticnet.com
Where am I going?I don't quite know.
What does it matter where people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow.
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I*don't know!

PixelWig

Jun 4, 2001, 10:01:39 AM6/4/01
Nah....just a sole proprietor.

Kamatu

Jun 4, 2001, 9:53:14 AM6/4/01

"Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in message

> Ben Goodridge wrote in message ...
>
> <snip ... thanks for clearing the air, Ben>:)

He made things even worse.

> >What's strangest of all is that I've been wondering what in the world can
> be
> >the possible motivation to trying to scare someone away from producing a
> >cookbook (a COOKBOOK, for chrissakes). My guess is that they saw two
> >concepts floating past: one, money is changing hands: two, they aren't
> going
> >to get any. There's a name for trying to scare someone into giving you a
> >payoff. It's called "blackmail." And THAT is DEFINITELY prosecutable.
>
> Yes, but only if they're silly enough to ask for money or other favors.
As
> things stand, the most I could get them on would be character asassination
> and libel. (And to tell you the truth, I don't consider it worth the
> trouble.)

Please do take the trouble.

Jim Hershey
PO Box 3055
Toms River, NJ 08756

I'll expect to see your papers, along with Jaue Lang's, never.

> Why am I making this cookbook?

Because Mommy thinks you should try to make a little money?

> Pretty simple, really ... I want to give
> something back to all the weres out there, and this is the best option I
> found.

See! There it is. Something to all the weres out there.

> Raising money by selling a book filled with delicious recipes, then
> canvassing the weres to derive a vote and thus determine the money's
> purpose.

Don't forget to vote:
http://www.ahww.org

> >Wanderer, here's one for free. Pinwheels are something of a family
standby
> >and can be made pretty quickly.
>
> <snip> Recipe filed and saved, O wondrous one.:) I'm not allowed to put
> "traditional" without raising the price of the book, though, so you'll
have
> to be the contributor of record.:)

And there was the hook, line and sinker.

> For those who remember my end-of-May deadline, I'm sorry to tell you ... I
> don't think we'll make it.;) Sirius-ly, our artist, Funny Animal, fell
> behind in the artwork due to other obligations, and hasn't yet sent me the
> finished image. This being the case, recipe collection is still open. So
> please, send in your recipes ... let's make this cookbook a masterpiece.:)

What he's trying to say is, he didn't get any recipes, he isn't smart enough
to cut and paste them from some recipe website, and no one is ready to help
him pay the $1000 minimum.

> (Trivia: Would you believe I got two recipes from Eric Elliot? I swear,
> you could've knocked me over with a breath.:)

You could knock you over with a tank for all I care.

> >Take care.
> >

> Thanks, Ben.:) It's good to have so many recipes from the weres who
showed
> me the ropes back when I was posting from Eastfield College.:)
>
> This brings us to 29 contributors, with a target of 75. So keep sending
in
> those recipes, folks!:) And if you have any question, just e-mail me at
the
> address below.

I have a question, where's the outline for the use of the funds, including
initial costs and projected profits?

Kamatu

Jun 4, 2001, 9:46:36 AM6/4/01

"Ben Goodridge" <bgoo...@maine.rr.com> wrote in message

> Actually, there's a cottage publishing industry in what Wanderer's up to,
> and it's all above-board.
>
> The kind of book he's talking about is called a "non-book," one in which
> solicitations go out for ideas that fill the chapters; nothing is owed to
> the contributors and nothing need be dealt to them. A lot of cookbooks are
> non-books (think of all those damn celebrity cookbooks you see on the
> shelves, in which some editor somewhere asks three or four dozen B-list
> actors what their favorite recipes are). There are other non-books in the
> humor-section (I've got a pretty good one called "College Roommates from
> Hell" that I picked up to see if I was featured prominently) and writer's
> market magazines like Writer's Digest and Fiction Writer often have
> solicitations in their classified sections for articles for non-books.
>
> Making a written contribution does not automatically entitle one to a
share
> of the proceeds. All it entitles one to is a byline. Anyone who's ever
tried
> to contribute stories to literary magazines can tell you that. Writer's
> Market is creaking with "small press" fiction anthology publishers that
pay
> in contributor's copies. Every writer's early writing is going to be
unpaid.
> I don't know why this idea offends Kamatu so much.

That's because you are as thick as a brick.
Of course you don't know why.

Uh, "the funds will be for the use of the community, voted upon to see how
they will be used and if no concensus can be reached, they will be put into
a savings account until a concensus can be reached."

This cookbook is being advertised as something that will benefit everyone in
the "Were Community". Don't you have just the slightest question about how
your percentage is gonna be used to benefit you?

Personally, I don't want this scam to be created by saying it represents me,
or some nonexistent entity like the "were community".

When it was first presented it was claimed to be for alt.horror.werewolves
to give the newsgroup working capital. Since the newsgroup is nothing more
than a bunch of free Usenet servers, none of which have ever claimed to need
working capital, that idea was a bunch of hooey.

Not to worry though, Morris Press has been contacted and I am sure they will
do what is right when it comes to something like this smearing their good
intentions.

> I don't know a living,
> breathing writer that didn't cut their fangs doing unpaid work for the
small
> markets. I've got an ankle-deep stack of magazines that "paid" me in
> contributor copies.

Look, when Another Loser Wolfboy came in here so happy he was being
published by some vanity press, did he get any shit for it? No. Why? Because
he wasn't trying to sell this crap about how his great publishing effort was
being sold for the good of the "Were Community".

Wanderer is 15, without a driver;s license, and without a job, and has mommy
breathing down his back to make something of himself. "Why don't you try
selling some cookbooks?", she asked. So that's how that is.

> Club cookbooks are nothing unusual, either. My mom's Lioness Club banged
> their pots and pans together and self-published a really good rural
cookbook
> with recipes for things that you can't find in Joy of Cooking.

Im' so glad. And where is this "Were Community" that is benefiting from this
cookbook?
Where are the treasurer reports? Where is the club charter and the outline
for the use of the funds? Where are the quarterly reports?

> The
> individuals, of course, didn't see a nickel of the profit and didn't
expect
> to; funds for the sale of the cookbook went into the club treasury and
from
> thence to charity.

The club treasury, in this case, is Wanderer's pocket.

> In sum, Wanderer isn't really doing anything unethical, illegal, or
> unprecedented.

Bull-fucking-shit Einstein.
You get taken alot don't you?

He's touting a "cookbook to raise funds for the Were Community". There is no
"Were Community", there is no club, organization or entity which will benfit
from anything this scam might produce other than Wanderer. He has
misrepresented this whole scam since day one, and that is truly unethical,
illegal and precedented.

He still hasn't said word one about how there is a "minimum 200 book
purchase at $5 a book" or that his "club" is stuck with these if they don't
sell them.

> If Kamatu really wanted to sling mud, he'd suggest that
> Wanderer's intentions were to publish the submissions under his own
byline.
> Implying that he's out to steal money doesn't really have anything to
> support it. No money is flowing from the pockets of the submitters into
> Wanderer's.

ROTFLMAO. Sling mud? Try "speak truth". Something that you and Wanderer seem
to have little time for.

Would you like to try a bit of my "P-shifters Potion"?

> A popular scam from publishers against first time writers is the charging
of
> a "reading fee" for some anthology or other. Then the first-time writer is
> told that his work is being accepted and is charged a "placement fee."
This
> can run as high as the dodgy publisher dares, sometimes as much as three
> hundred dollars. The writer is offered a contributor copy for his work
(and
> probably charged for that, too.) What he gets for his money is an
overpriced
> hardbound full of other people's unsellable crap, printed for about $5.00
> copy, with a cover price of about fifty dollars, and he's out hundreds.

You just described Wanderer's cookbook. Have you even gone to the website of
Morris Press and read what it is doing?

> "Woodside Literary Agency" ran a similar scam. If Wanderer were charging
us
> money for the recipes to appear in the book, Kamatu would be a lot more
> credible, and Wanderer would be prosecutable.

Okay, I'll just sit hwere quietly when the contributors are asked to help
pay the $1000 for the minimum copies. I won';t even post "I told you so!"...

Yeah, right, sure I won't.

> What's strangest of all is that I've been wondering what in the world can
be
> the possible motivation to trying to scare someone away from producing a
> cookbook (a COOKBOOK, for chrissakes). My guess is that they saw two
> concepts floating past: one, money is changing hands:

You just said money wasn't changing hands.
Could you stick to a viewpoint for longer than a paragraph for once?

> two, they aren't going
> to get any. There's a name for trying to scare someone into giving you a
> payoff. It's called "blackmail." And THAT is DEFINITELY prosecutable.

Oh, now I'm a blackmailer.
Funny, I've seen several references from Wanderer that these funds are being
used for the "Were Community".

I'm in the were community, I want my share. Not a really hard concept to
grasp.

But, send those blackmail prosecution papers to:

Jim Hershey
PO Box 3055
Toms River, NJ 08756

> Wanderer, here's one for free. Pinwheels are something of a family standby
> and can be made pretty quickly. Use your favorite biscuit recipe to
produce
> some dough. Brown a pound of ground beef with a chopped onion and a packet
> of gravy mix. Throw in some green pepper if you've half a mind to it. Roll
> out the biscuit dough, put the ground beef mixture in it and spread it
kind
> of thin. Then roll it up, slice the roll into one-inch slices, and put the
> slices in the cups of a muffin tin. Bake that sumbitch for about fifteen
> minutes at 350 degrees. Goes great with gravy. I don't know how fair my
> byline is for it; it's an old family recipe (I'm dead certain my
grandmother
> didn't invent it) but it's this kind of fun, easy thing to make when
you're
> pressed for time. If you were going to byline it, I'd recommend calling it
> "Traditional: submitted by" and then my name. Ground beef was something of
> staple in the Goodridge household and I know ways of putting it on a plate
> that might prove surprising.

Nice to see Goodridge is still as dense as ever, and has nothing on topic to
present to this newsgroup.

Bob Mallard

Jun 4, 2001, 1:45:50 PM6/4/01
mmmmm, methinks Kamatu and Lina should slow down on the bitter pills, sounds
like you're both close to overdose...

Bob Mallard

"Kamatu" <nq...@nujj.arg> wrote in message

Kamatu

Jun 4, 2001, 5:10:04 PM6/4/01
Gee until you came along and put it that way, I had no idea I wasn't living
up to your expectations of me.

But thanks for your armchair psychiatry.
what are your rates again?

"Bob Mallard" <bmal...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

Lina Inverse

Jun 5, 2001, 2:50:44 PM6/5/01
However, you neglect to see the legal ramifications of a relative
newcomer like wonderer using my business name on a NG that I have been a
regular participant for over 6 years now. The very fact alone lends
itself to fraud charges in a real sense that he neither has any business
orginization of his own to fall back on and say "Look at my business
registered in yada yada." Not to mention the fact that I can pull up
archives supporting wanderer's repeated attacks on me, and make a damn
good case for the idea that this is a definite attempt to damage the all
important reputation of alt.horror.werewolves. Plus he doesn't have a
leg to stand on because he has no legal entity as a DBA or otherwise to
support his claims of money, whereas I do. It may not be incorperated,
but it is something beyond what the lazy texan has done. I don't know
about you, but I think a court might just see things my way.

Of course, in the end it does not matter who vbuys the cookbooks as the
profit was made in the US, and there is no documented orginization or
pan for monetary dispersal, along with the fact that that profit from
other countries needs to be taxed. International sales also require
special consideration there smart guy, and as far as I know Mr. wanderer
does not have a tax ID, NPO documentation, or has even put up his soc
security number for tax purposes. To sell outside the US a manufactured
product for a NFPO would require a hell of a lot more than just printing
the books and getting recipies. However, I thank you for showing your
ignorance, in case you had missed it I am in the middle of a lot of
these things right now due to the fact that I am starting my second
business, and there are things you need to do or else you could find
yourself in a very bad place with the IRS. But you can just keep on
going and thinking that chuck did his homework, and that a proit making
scheme is something that the IRS and the federal Gvt. Does not care
about. Operations in the US are still governed by US law. Thanks for the
idiocy.

PixelWig wrote:

> Safari, don't you mean you incorporated in 5 states? Forming a corporation
> will protect a business name on, either, a federal or state level. A DBA
> usually only protects business names in your local county level , but can
> potentially block others from incorporating the same name. Even so, a DBA will
> not get you any protection in other Countries. So the Swedes can buy all the
> cook books and you haven't got a fight. Registering DBAs in every county in
> New York and 4 additional states sounds like mondo work on your part. What
> states provide statewide protection from registering one DBA per state? If you
> are sole proprietor you should go C-corp. That way you can still provide your
> flaming service and get the best tax advantage.

That is, of course, if the flaming service is a service I charge for :)
Nice try, but I am not NFP.

> Better watch the temp of those flames... Any litigious minded wolf can now sue
> your business for libel. Your business registration has protected your
> personal nest egg (well, as long as you seperated your finances)! WTG!

Thank you Mr. Armchair lawyer. However, my lawyer, who has actually gone
ot law school and does not need to pretend to know things to intimidate
others, is a little sceptical of such claims. You will pardon me if I
trust him a bit more than you.

> Should we start calling you Mr. Alt H. Werewolves?

Just your highness will do.

> -David, Were-At-Large

You are pretty stupid to be a david.
--
Safari D. Whitelion

Lina Inverse

Jun 5, 2001, 3:28:02 PM6/5/01
Yay, more armchair lawyers.

Ben Goodridge wrote:

> > Charles E. Calvert III (Aka. Wanderer) of 3619 Ruby Dr., Mesquite, TX
> > 75150-2136 Does not in any way represent the business of
> > alt.horror.werewolves. He is neither an employee or anyone under
> > contract by us. His use of the name of alt.horror.werewolves to do
> > business under and gain working capital is fraudulent. He does own or
> > operate any of our locations, and his claims to be starting up a
> > business with that name are complete fabrications. He has neither
> > requested permission to use the name, or started any sort of franchise
> > negotiations with the owners of alt.horror.werewolves.
>
> Now there's a trial I want front-row seats for. In order to have registered
> as a trademark "alt.horror.werewolves" Safari would have to prove reasonably
> that he came up with the name and has it trademarked via the US Copyright
> Office. All Wanderer would have to do to pitch him out of the courtroom is
> prove that AHWW existed before Safari ever heard of it.

Of course, that is just silly. I have not talked copyrights but rather
operating in a profit making orginization without registering anything
with any state. I think you will find that in a court of law something
is better than nothing :) As for copywriting the name is not something I
need to or could do with this, but it still does not negate any claim
that I have to actually operating under that name. Sorry, but thanks for
the attempt. I was amused again.

> It's possible to defeat a plagiarism or infringement suit if you prove the
> pre-existence of the concept you're being sued over. Jack Kerouac isn't
> likely to sue Dennis Hopper on the grounds of his making a road picture if
> Hopper can prove that other road-stories existed before "On the Road--" and
> that particular grand tradition goes all the way back to the Odyssey. It can
> be conclusively proved that alt.horror.werewolves predates Safari's presence
> on it, which means he has no established legal right to its exclusive use
> without documentation from the creators of the newsgroup.

Maybe you should stick to being an author. You aren't very good at it,
but you do seem to be better at it that this. However, since the name is
in public domain it cannot be copywrited. Copywrite is ll nice and all,
but if wanderer is not operating under the name of
alt.horror.werewolves, which he could go and get a DBA, he has no claim
to the name at all. Again, a case of something being better than
nothing. A corperation using the name alt.horror.werewolves would be a
tad bit tougher, and might prove to be fruitless and impossible given
the nature of it, however, the DBA is all I would need considering there
is no opposition.

> Still, I'm very, very interested to see how that lawsuit turns out. The
> lawyers will probably get a good laugh. Some of them could use one.

I am still waiting for wanderer to get published :) There is no lawsuit
involved with someone collecting recipies on a newsgroup. Of course, I
could bring up the obvious point that I know wanderer does not have a
dime to his name and has trouble holding down a gas station job, but
that might make you actually think about my motivations, and then you
couldn't knee jerk so efficiently.

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Ben Goodridge

Jun 5, 2001, 3:37:19 PM6/5/01
Good morning.

Evidently there's still some smog here.

Kamatu <nq...@nujj.arg> wrote in message

> Uh, "the funds will be for the use of the community, voted upon to see how

> they will be used and if no concensus can be reached, they will be put
into
> a savings account until a concensus can be reached."

> This cookbook is being advertised as something that will benefit everyone
in
> the "Were Community". Don't you have just the slightest question about how
> your percentage is gonna be used to benefit you?

Well, if you're having trouble visualizing a purpose for the money, why
doesn't Wanderer recommend that the proceeds be given to charity? If he
offers to send any profit to the Sierra Club or the Audubon Society, will
that assuage your prickled soul?

Assuming there ARE any proceeds for something that's going to cost the poor
guy a thousand dollars out of pocket.

> Not to worry though, Morris Press has been contacted and I am sure they
will
> do what is right when it comes to something like this smearing their good
> intentions.

Just so I have this straight, you contacted Morris Press and told them not
to accept a publishing account...on the basis that the person who
establishes the account might actually sell the books and pocket the money.
Which is what Morris Press is in business to do.

How loudly did they laugh at you?

I'm trying to imagine someone approaching McDonald's with that argument.
"Don't sell him that cheeseburger! He might eat it!"

Why a vanity publisher should possibly care what happens to the money that
comes from the sales of the books they produce is beyond me.

Of course, Wanderer was right in that you can't honestly be accused of
blackmail. But trying to prevent a book from being published by intimidating
the publisher and misleading the contributors? That's something we CAN
cleanly accuse you of.

Censorship.

> He's touting a "cookbook to raise funds for the Were Community". There is
no
> "Were Community", there is no club, organization or entity which will
benfit
> from anything this scam might produce other than Wanderer. He has
> misrepresented this whole scam since day one, and that is truly unethical,
> illegal and precedented.
>
> He still hasn't said word one about how there is a "minimum 200 book
> purchase at $5 a book" or that his "club" is stuck with these if they
don't
> sell them.

It's nice to see you still in the business of inventing outrage. You're
suffering from an interesting delusion--that the book is going to be a
galloping success and that it's going to roll wads of money into Wanderer's
pockets at YOUR expense somehow. You decided to bolster this delusion by
deciding that Wanderer was lying when he said he hadn't decided what to do
with the proceeds yet. Unfortunately, you can't accuse Wanderer of
embezzling money that he hasn't collected yet. You also haven't gone into
any great detail over who's paying the printing bill. I haven't given
Wanderer any money. I know dead certain that YOU haven't given Wanderer any
money. I'm pretty sure no one else here has given Wanderer any money. It
sounds primarily like an out-of-pocket venture.

So, so far as I can tell, you're mad at Wanderer for spending his own money
on an out-of-pocket publishing venture with no guaranteed potential for
profit and pocketing the proceeds.

If Wanderer accepts the idea that the proceeds from the book should be
earmarked for charity, your position becomes even less popular: you could be
accused of censoring a book being published for a 403(b) nonprofit
charitable effort by falsely accusing the editor of embezzlement. I know how
much you love to whip up controversy, but you have to be careful what you're
whipping up at this point. It may be funny to pick on Wanderer, but the
Sierra Club would come down on you like a bag of rocks. Pick those outraged
arguments carefully. If Wanderer makes a donation from the proceeds of the
book to the Sierra Club or Wolf Recovery or RESTORE, and provides the
paperwork to prove it, he could sue your ass for libel on First Amendment
grounds.

> You just described Wanderer's cookbook. Have you even gone to the website
of
> Morris Press and read what it is doing?

Well, okay, that's fair.

"Publisher of personalized fundraising or keepsake cookbooks. Ideal for
churches, schools, communities, families, organizations, and individuals.
You Supply the Recipes and We'll do the RestT!"

Why, those bastards! We must put a stop to this nefarious, unethical,
illegal practice of the publication of family and community cookbooks
immediately!

Look, if you want to argue with someone, you probably shouldn't be sending
them to websites that have information that refute your argument. I've been
flipping through their price lists and they're not nearly as extortionist as
you'd have us believe.

> Okay, I'll just sit hwere quietly when the contributors are asked to help
> pay the $1000 for the minimum copies. I won';t even post "I told you
so!"...

> Yeah, right, sure I won't.

We're still waiting for that to happen, luv. Shouldn't you wait until you're
hurt before you holler?

Besides, the minimum order price is only about $510. He can order some
freebie software to pre-format the book and knock $160 off that, if he's got
the time to typeset it himself.

> You just said money wasn't changing hands.
> Could you stick to a viewpoint for longer than a paragraph for once?

And YOU said there would be a relatively undiluted cashflow into Wanderer's
pockets. Could YOU?

My "viewpoint" is that if money is changing hands, if this book is being
used as a fundraising venture, then the funds it raises should go to some
sort of charity effort that would benefit wolves or wildlife.

What do you say, Wanderer? Fancy doing well and good at the same time?

Ben Goodridge
bgoo...@maine.rr.com

Lina Inverse

Jun 5, 2001, 5:09:20 PM6/5/01

PixelWig wrote:

> Nah....just a sole proprietor.

Somehow I doubt it. But hey, I am sure wanderer will have fun trying to
cash checks made out to alt.horror.werewolves without a DBA. You seem
very knowledgeable.

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Lina Inverse

Jun 5, 2001, 5:13:51 PM6/5/01

Bob Mallard wrote:

> mmmmm, methinks Kamatu and Lina should slow down on the bitter pills, sounds
> like you're both close to overdose...

Ouch, a bitter lame.

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Lina Inverse

Jun 5, 2001, 7:40:30 PM6/5/01
This is fucking pathetic.

Ben Goodridge wrote:

> Good morning.
>
> Evidently there's still some smog here.

We will worry about that when the birdshit goes away.

> Kamatu <nq...@nujj.arg> wrote in message
>
> > Uh, "the funds will be for the use of the community, voted upon to see how
> > they will be used and if no concensus can be reached, they will be put
> into
> > a savings account until a concensus can be reached."
>
> > This cookbook is being advertised as something that will benefit everyone
> in
> > the "Were Community". Don't you have just the slightest question about how
> > your percentage is gonna be used to benefit you?
>
> Well, if you're having trouble visualizing a purpose for the money, why
> doesn't Wanderer recommend that the proceeds be given to charity? If he
> offers to send any profit to the Sierra Club or the Audubon Society, will
> that assuage your prickled soul?

I don't know, why? Maybe it is because wanderer already has a use for
money or a reason to do this? Maybe wanderer's mom asked him to get to
work. He is 15, and this very well may be a way to make a quick buck
without having to do anything. Silly me, but isn't that about the time
in most people's lives when they fall for thoose make money quicks
schemes. You know, you haven't realized that work is work yet, and that
the world doesn't have the easy million dollar plan. Or maybe wanderer
just can't figure out a charity to donate to? I mean it isn't like they
are hard to find or anything, or like wanderer has even asked for a
suggestion of charities. Actually, it isn't like wanderer hasn't used
words like operating capital, and other terminology that implies this is
here to make money. But hey, wanderer is fighting with Kamatu and I, so
please feel free to disengage your brian and go for that knee jerk
response.

> Assuming there ARE any proceeds for something that's going to cost the poor
> guy a thousand dollars out of pocket.

That is a big assumption, and I doubt much will come of it anyway. Sort
of like the hundreds of thousands of people who run after the big bucks
in a pyramid scam but never do anything.

> > Not to worry though, Morris Press has been contacted and I am sure they
> will
> > do what is right when it comes to something like this smearing their good
> > intentions.
>
> Just so I have this straight, you contacted Morris Press and told them not
> to accept a publishing account...on the basis that the person who
> establishes the account might actually sell the books and pocket the money.
> Which is what Morris Press is in business to do.

Which is somewhat cool, and I doubt they care very much. Considering
their nature I doubt they do too much checking. However, in tchnicality,
and due toi a high amount of texas related weres, on might need to be
concerned with sales tax on resale items. Of course, I doubt morris
press needs to be too concerned with such things, but I do believe that
a resaler certificate needs to be filed unless they are already
including the sales tax and consider themselves a retailer, which could
be the case. Or maybe they consider themselves a retailer and do not
reside in thestate of texas which might escape the trouble. Ahhh, too
much research and not enough caring at the moment. Of course, one
complaint and wonderers name address, and postings involving this get
forwarded to the IRS. No lawyers, but I am sure they might be a tad
irritated. And we all know what those little red flags could mean for a
15 year old tax evader :).

> How loudly did they laugh at you?

I would say they probably would not care too much. They don't make money
by doing research and saying no.

> I'm trying to imagine someone approaching McDonald's with that argument.
> "Don't sell him that cheeseburger! He might eat it!"

Straw man *Yawn* Try again.

> Why a vanity publisher should possibly care what happens to the money that
> comes from the sales of the books they produce is beyond me.

exactly, but they have made their profit :) You see, I am not interested
in that because I am sure they have their asses covered. However, chuck
hasn't done such things and is going at this half assed. Quick money
schemes normally don't have backlash in regards to IRS activity due to
lack of information passing into their hands. Does that make me a putz?
Probably, but if you make shady deals and are a troll like wonderer you
should be aware that people might call you on them. Had he been a tad
slower to flame I probably would never have cared myself.

> Of course, Wanderer was right in that you can't honestly be accused of
> blackmail.

shoes taste good?

But trying to prevent a book from being published by intimidating
> the publisher and misleading the contributors? That's something we CAN
> cleanly accuse you of.

In what way is Kamatu misleading anyone? Name one lie that Kamatu has
come up with? I see wanderer saying the profit is for operating capital,
thayt there is a vote for how the money is spent (Of course, no where to
vote aside from Kamatu's site), and he has allowed people to make up
their own delusions about the moneyt going to charity without correcting
them with his operating capital idea.

> Censorship.

Give me a break. Censoring recipies? I think you again knee jerk. Kamatu
isn't the one who got laughed at by my ISP for trying to get me TOS'd
like Chuck did.

> > He's touting a "cookbook to raise funds for the Were Community". There is
> no
> > "Were Community", there is no club, organization or entity which will
> benfit
> > from anything this scam might produce other than Wanderer. He has
> > misrepresented this whole scam since day one, and that is truly unethical,
> > illegal and precedented.
> >
> > He still hasn't said word one about how there is a "minimum 200 book
> > purchase at $5 a book" or that his "club" is stuck with these if they
> don't
> > sell them.
>
> It's nice to see you still in the business of inventing outrage.

Not like someone screaming censorship because Kamatu is pointing out the
reality of it.

You're
> suffering from an interesting delusion--that the book is going to be a
> galloping success and that it's going to roll wads of money into Wanderer's
> pockets at YOUR expense somehow.

No my theory is that it will fall flat. After all, they recommend 75
contributors for a reason, because that will be your sales target group.
Of course, this neglects that a lot of these vanity cookbooks won't be
given as gifts or sold to family because most of the contributors are
ashamed and scared to admit they are awere. Also, after a month of
advertising and having the royal family speak out against it (Guaranteed
to bring support to your cause) there are only 29 contributors, some of
which are one person better known as zenwolf. Really, there isn't too
much to fear unless you have quit your real job to go find recipies for
him. If you did you probably have bigger troubles anyway.

You decided to bolster this delusion by
> deciding that Wanderer was lying when he said he hadn't decided what to do
> with the proceeds yet.

I think a good case can be made that he has.

Unfortunately, you can't accuse Wanderer of
> embezzling money that he hasn't collected yet.

However, you can say he is attempting to scam people. embezelment is not
the only scam in this world, and it isn't what Kamatu or I have accused
wonderer of.

You also haven't gone into
> any great detail over who's paying the printing bill.

Thank you Johnny come lately, try google stupid.

I haven't given
> Wanderer any money.

Yet.

I know dead certain that YOU haven't given Wanderer any
> money.

won't

I'm pretty sure no one else here has given Wanderer any money. It
> sounds primarily like an out-of-pocket venture.

Nice straw man, but I am sure wanderer knows he is not going to make
money by spending a few grand on books. Think.

> So, so far as I can tell, you're mad at Wanderer for spending his own money
> on an out-of-pocket publishing venture with no guaranteed potential for
> profit and pocketing the proceeds.

Nice knee jerk. Maybe Kamatu can write it in spanish?

> If Wanderer accepts the idea that the proceeds from the book should be
> earmarked for charity, your position becomes even less popular: you could be
> accused of censoring a book being published for a 403(b) nonprofit
> charitable effort by falsely accusing the editor of embezzlement.

Of course, this is assuming wonderer has officially files as non profit.
Try again armchair lawyer.

I know how
> much you love to whip up controversy, but you have to be careful what you're
> whipping up at this point.

Threats and blackmail?

It may be funny to pick on Wanderer, but the
> Sierra Club would come down on you like a bag of rocks.

Not without wonderer at least getting NFP status.

Pick those outraged
> arguments carefully.

Don't make threats you cannot support. You tend to look stupid.

If Wanderer makes a donation from the proceeds of the
> book to the Sierra Club or Wolf Recovery or RESTORE, and provides the
> paperwork to prove it, he could sue your ass for libel on First Amendment
> grounds.

*Yawn* Try again. Since wonderer has admitted publically on usenet that
he is seeking operating capital for a profit making orginization I doubt
there would be a leg to stand on. Please feel free to make more threats.

> > You just described Wanderer's cookbook. Have you even gone to the website
> of
> > Morris Press and read what it is doing?
>
> Well, okay, that's fair.
>
> "Publisher of personalized fundraising or keepsake cookbooks. Ideal for
> churches, schools, communities, families, organizations, and individuals.
> You Supply the Recipes and We'll do the RestT!"
>
> Why, those bastards! We must put a stop to this nefarious, unethical,
> illegal practice of the publication of family and community cookbooks
> immediately!

In the immortal words of some guy who knew how to fleece the rubes

"There is a sucker born every minute"

> Look, if you want to argue with someone, you probably shouldn't be sending
> them to websites that have information that refute your argument. I've been
> flipping through their price lists and they're not nearly as extortionist as
> you'd have us believe.

Who is sensationalizing now? I don't think you know what extortion
means. You have used it in the wrong context.

> > Okay, I'll just sit hwere quietly when the contributors are asked to help
> > pay the $1000 for the minimum copies. I won';t even post "I told you
> so!"...
> >
> > Yeah, right, sure I won't.
>
> We're still waiting for that to happen, luv. Shouldn't you wait until you're
> hurt before you holler?

eah, damn you kamatu for posting information about a scam. With people
like you around it is much harder for wonderer to rip people off.

> Besides, the minimum order price is only about $510. He can order some
> freebie software to pre-format the book and knock $160 off that, if he's got
> the time to typeset it himself.

I am sure he does. That real job thing is taking up none of his time.

> > You just said money wasn't changing hands.
> > Could you stick to a viewpoint for longer than a paragraph for once?
>
> And YOU said there would be a relatively undiluted cashflow into Wanderer's
> pockets. Could YOU?

Nice one, care to quote?

> My "viewpoint" is that if money is changing hands, if this book is being
> used as a fundraising venture, then the funds it raises should go to some
> sort of charity effort that would benefit wolves or wildlife.

And where has wanderer suggested that?

> What do you say, Wanderer? Fancy doing well and good at the same time?

You still need 40+ contributors :) Funny how you have to ask him if he
would like to send that money to charity. Wasn't that your whole basis
for the lawsuit?

Kamatu

Jun 5, 2001, 8:55:54 PM6/5/01

> Good morning.
>
> Evidently there's still some smog here.

Evidently there still some shit here.
Look everyone, Ben didn't start posting again until he thought he had a way
of trolling the Royal Family.

> Kamatu <nq...@nujj.arg> wrote in message
>
> > Uh, "the funds will be for the use of the community, voted upon to see
how
> > they will be used and if no concensus can be reached, they will be put
> into
> > a savings account until a concensus can be reached."
>
> > This cookbook is being advertised as something that will benefit
everyone
> in
> > the "Were Community". Don't you have just the slightest question about
how
> > your percentage is gonna be used to benefit you?
>
> Well, if you're having trouble visualizing a purpose for the money, why
> doesn't Wanderer recommend that the proceeds be given to charity? If he
> offers to send any profit to the Sierra Club or the Audubon Society, will
> that assuage your prickled soul?

The problem is Wanderer has already said the proceed are going to fund
Heart's Dream.

> Assuming there ARE any proceeds for something that's going to cost the
poor
> guy a thousand dollars out of pocket.
>
> > Not to worry though, Morris Press has been contacted and I am sure they
> will
> > do what is right when it comes to something like this smearing their
good
> > intentions.
>
> Just so I have this straight, you contacted Morris Press and told them not
> to accept a publishing account...on the basis that the person who
> establishes the account might actually sell the books and pocket the
money.
> Which is what Morris Press is in business to do.

What Morris Press is in the business of doing is providing fund raising
organizations with a product to raise funds. If you'd take half the time you
use flaming and do some surfing yuo'd see just how badly Wanderer is mucking
up thier program.

> How loudly did they laugh at you?

They didn't laugh at all actually.
Wanderer presented himself as representative of an organization in need of
fund raising.
He falsely represented himself.

> I'm trying to imagine someone approaching McDonald's with that argument.
> "Don't sell him that cheeseburger! He might eat it!"

If he is buying the cheeseburger with the intentions of doing something good
for the community, then eats it, I'm afraid I'll be right there trying to
stop it.

> Why a vanity publisher should possibly care what happens to the money that
> comes from the sales of the books they produce is beyond me.

Again, you're stupidity is only outweighed by your ignorance.

> Of course, Wanderer was right in that you can't honestly be accused of
> blackmail. But trying to prevent a book from being published by
intimidating
> the publisher and misleading the contributors? That's something we CAN
> cleanly accuse you of.

Intimidating the publisher by letting them know that Wanderer does not
represent any organization, or have any need of fund raising other than for
his own pocket? Funny, if I was Morris Press, and my project was to provide
bona fide fund raising organizations with product, I'd no doubt like to know
about this.

You could stand to pull your head out of your ass once in awhile also.

> Censorship.

Well, it wasn't calling me Hitler, but in Usenet verbage it's the next best
thing.
Maybe you cuold post a few more hot buttons?

> > He's touting a "cookbook to raise funds for the Were Community". There
is
> no
> > "Were Community", there is no club, organization or entity which will
> benfit
> > from anything this scam might produce other than Wanderer. He has
> > misrepresented this whole scam since day one, and that is truly
unethical,
> > illegal and precedented.
> >
> > He still hasn't said word one about how there is a "minimum 200 book
> > purchase at $5 a book" or that his "club" is stuck with these if they
> don't
> > sell them.
>
> It's nice to see you still in the business of inventing outrage.

Funny, I cut and paste from Morris Press website, and I'm the one guilty of
inventing outrage.

> You're
> suffering from an interesting delusion--that the book is going to be a
> galloping success and that it's going to roll wads of money into
Wanderer's
> pockets at YOUR expense somehow.

OKay, so he isn't selling a p-shifting potion. But then, you all fell for
that one already.

> You decided to bolster this delusion by
> deciding that Wanderer was lying when he said he hadn't decided what to do
> with the proceeds yet.

He has said they will be used for Heart's Dream, and he has said they will
be for the benefit of the Were Community, of which if there is one, I am
part of.

> Unfortunately, you can't accuse Wanderer of
> embezzling money that he hasn't collected yet. You also haven't gone into
> any great detail over who's paying the printing bill. I haven't given
> Wanderer any money. I know dead certain that YOU haven't given Wanderer
any
> money. I'm pretty sure no one else here has given Wanderer any money. It
> sounds primarily like an out-of-pocket venture.

OKay, you just keep your head buried in the sand, we'll let you know when
you can come back up.

> So, so far as I can tell, you're mad at Wanderer for spending his own
money
> on an out-of-pocket publishing venture with no guaranteed potential for
> profit and pocketing the proceeds.

Let's see, Wanderer states his "cookbook" is raising funds for the good of
the Were Community. He claims to be taking a vote on it's use and if no one
can decide what to do with it, the funds will be put into a savings account
to be used for the Were COmmunity at a later date.

All I'm asking is for Wanderer to present a business plan. Show us on paper
how the Were Community is going to benefit. Let's see some board of
directors for the organization, some fiscal reporting.

I'll note that you avoid these points, as you have really no defense.

> If Wanderer accepts the idea that the proceeds from the book should be
> earmarked for charity, your position becomes even less popular: you could
be
> accused of censoring a book being published for a 403(b) nonprofit
> charitable effort by falsely accusing the editor of embezzlement.

Let's see where he plans to do that.
Show me his contract to do just what you said.

> I know how
> much you love to whip up controversy, but you have to be careful what
you're
> whipping up at this point.

Oh boy, here it is again.
Or what? You'll have your lawyer send out the paper toot sweet?

Jim Hershey
PO Box 3055
Toms River, NJ 08756

It will never show.

> It may be funny to pick on Wanderer, but the
> Sierra Club would come down on you like a bag of rocks.

To quote the Blair Witch Project:
I am so scared...

Could you try to take this off in another unrelated direction?
Is the Sierra Club planning on making a cookbook, and the Chairman of the
board is going to spend the money on himself?

> Pick those outraged
> arguments carefully.

Or? Please, try to not throw out any more empty threats.
I'm starting to get the feeling you might be on the next train to Toms River
with Nehi in tow.
ROTFLMAO!

> If Wanderer makes a donation from the proceeds of the
> book to the Sierra Club or Wolf Recovery or RESTORE, and provides the
> paperwork to prove it, he could sue your ass for libel on First Amendment
> grounds.

Gee, you are smart like rock.
Did he produce any paperwork?
Has he claimed to be doing these things?

Why don't you try steering this conversation back into the real world and
away from your fantasy Court-TV special.

> > You just described Wanderer's cookbook. Have you even gone to the
website
> of
> > Morris Press and read what it is doing?
>
> Well, okay, that's fair.
>
> "Publisher of personalized fundraising or keepsake cookbooks. Ideal for
> churches, schools, communities, families, organizations, and individuals.
> You Supply the Recipes and We'll do the RestT!"
>
> Why, those bastards! We must put a stop to this nefarious, unethical,
> illegal practice of the publication of family and community cookbooks
> immediately!

You're about as smart as my floor.
You really have no idea what is going on do you?
You're just fueling the fire.

Nice work.

> Look, if you want to argue with someone, you probably shouldn't be sending
> them to websites that have information that refute your argument. I've
been
> flipping through their price lists and they're not nearly as extortionist
as
> you'd have us believe.

I'm not saying anything against Morris Press, nor have I ever.
But I do commend you on trying to take this off in another direction.

> > Okay, I'll just sit hwere quietly when the contributors are asked to
help
> > pay the $1000 for the minimum copies. I won';t even post "I told you
> so!"...
> >
> > Yeah, right, sure I won't.
>
> We're still waiting for that to happen, luv. Shouldn't you wait until
you're
> hurt before you holler?

Thanks, Storm.

> Besides, the minimum order price is only about $510. He can order some
> freebie software to pre-format the book and knock $160 off that, if he's
got
> the time to typeset it himself.

He's already said what type of book he is getting.
If you didn't just jump in here because you failed miserably with your
ecological flaming, yuo'd have something to base your recent round of
"stupid" upon.

> > You just said money wasn't changing hands.
> > Could you stick to a viewpoint for longer than a paragraph for once?
>
> And YOU said there would be a relatively undiluted cashflow into
Wanderer's
> pockets. Could YOU?

WHere is the money going?

> My "viewpoint" is that if money is changing hands, if this book is being
> used as a fundraising venture, then the funds it raises should go to some
> sort of charity effort that would benefit wolves or wildlife.

Weeeeee.... well Mr. Density, I guess you've really made your point.
LOL!

> What do you say, Wanderer? Fancy doing well and good at the same time?

You'd better take this fight to Therians Campliar, Razza is suckered on this
on also.

Wanderer

Jun 6, 2001, 6:06:37 AM6/6/01
Ben Goodridge wrote in message ...

(snip)

>What do you say, Wanderer? Fancy doing well and good at the same time?

Hey, if everywere's fine with that, sure.:) Truthfully, I keep hoping that
Heart's Dream will go somewhere, but ... <shrug> that's just one werewolf's
opinion.

Anyhowl, what say we get the cookbook finished before we start spending the
money?:)

Yours wolfishly,

The open-minded,

Wanderer

Jun 6, 2001, 7:21:57 AM6/6/01
I said I'd answer, and I will:

Kamatu wrote in message <9fg5f...@enews1.newsguy.com>...

>I have a question, where's the outline for the use of the funds, including
>initial costs and projected profits?

Thank you, Kamatu.:)

Initial Costs:

To begin with, Morris Press outlines (in their free information packet ...
just call 1-800-445-6621 to request) their no-risk sales guarantee for
fund-raising organizations on page 93:

"No investment or down payment is required.

You will be invoiced the day of shipment. The invoice and the cookbooks
will be sent seperately. You should receive the invoice 7-10 days after
your books are shipped.

You have up to 90 days to pay with no interest or other charges.

One-half of the total printing bill will be due 37 days from the invoice
date. The balance of the bill is due 90 days from the invoice date.

Take a 1% discount on your invoice if we receive full payment within 37 days
of the invoice date."

In addition, page 11 lists their "Guaranteed Sales" policy. After setting
out the guidelines regarding the number of contributors required (and the
pricing guidelines regarding their decision in the matter), it states:

"10. If there is a balance which cannot be paid, then furnish proof to
Cookbooks by Morris Press that not enough cookbooks could be sold to pay for
the order.

If these conditions are met and not enough cookbooks have been sold to pay
the printing costs, the organization may return the unsold books to
Cookbooks by Morris Press. In this event, all money collected from cookbook
sales must be remitted to Cookbooks by Morris Press."

In this case, the initial invoice, for:

3-Ring Cookbooks, 200: $1,060.00

Custom Line-Art Dividers: $0.00 (free)

Printed Liners, 200 books: $40.00

Custom Full-Color Cover, 200: $230.00

Coupon Discount: -$30.00

Type'n'Save Discount: -$40.00

Recipe Format: $0.00

Single-Ink Recipe Pages: $0.00

Tabbed Dividers: $64.00

Special Pages, 4: $0.00

Total: $1,324.00

Because this is to be an organization cookbook, the money is not required up
front (I wish my grandmothers had had this company for the Eastern Star).
However:

37 days after the invoice is sent, a payment of $567.00 will be due. If
this cannot be paid, no interest charges will accrue ... but the opportunity
to receive a $13.40 discount will be lost.

If the cookbook does not sell, and should Morris Press refuse receipt of the
unsold cookbooks, I, as chairwolf, will be liable for the invoiced amount.
I and I alone.

Projected Profits:

Standard per-book selling price is $9.25 for 200 three-ring cookbooks. This
is modified as follows:

Printed Liners, 200 books: +$0.40

Custom Full-Color Cover: +$2.30

Tabbed dividers: +$0.16

(Any subtraction for self-typesetting and coupon use will need to be applied
by Morris Press. The figures above are calculated from the price adjustment
formula in an old copy of Morris Press' information packet, and may not be
correct under new rules. They should provide a useful guideline, however.)

Final selling price: $12.11

Estimated profit per book (according to Morris Press): $3.95 - $5.60,
dependent upon other options purchased.

At the price of $12.11, the invoice will be paid after the 110th cookbook is
sold. The remaining cookbooks (90) sold at $12.11 apiece, will generate
$1089.90 of revenue to be used as the membership directs.

Selling:

While Morris Press expects that members of the organization will buy books,
this is not required. In addition to member sales, Cookbooks by Morris
Press provides three months of free advertising on their website,
http://www.cookbooks4sale.com under two category listings of choice. All
orders and payments come directly to the chairwolf, as noted on p. 94 of the
free information packet (just call 1-800-445-6621 to request).

Use of funds:

Upon completion of cookbook sales (including reorders, if any), all profits
will be totaled and reported. The final use of the funds will be decided in
a secret e-mail ballot, counted first by the chairwolf (me) and second by
Moonwolf (in order to avoid favoritism). In the event that these tallies
disagree, the final count shall be tallied by Phil Geusz of Columbia, TN,
who does not post to this newsgroup.

If a decision cannot be reached within three ballotings, the monies

collected shall be placed in a savings account, there to accrue interest

until a decision may be reached regarding disbursal of the funds.

And by the way, Kamatu ... I may be young at heart, but I'm 31 years of age.

Now, are there any other questions?

Yours wolfishly,

The accounting,

Kamatu

Jun 6, 2001, 10:13:28 AM6/6/01

> I said I'd answer, and I will:
>
> Kamatu wrote in message <9fg5f...@enews1.newsguy.com>...
> >
> >I have a question, where's the outline for the use of the funds,
including
> >initial costs and projected profits?
> >

> Thank you, Kamatu.:)
>
> Initial Costs:
>
> To begin with, Morris Press outlines (in their free information packet ...
> just call 1-800-445-6621 to request) their no-risk sales guarantee for
> fund-raising organizations on page 93:
>
> "No investment or down payment is required.
>
> You will be invoiced the day of shipment. The invoice and the cookbooks
> will be sent seperately. You should receive the invoice 7-10 days after
> your books are shipped.
>
> You have up to 90 days to pay with no interest or other charges.
>
> One-half of the total printing bill will be due 37 days from the invoice
> date. The balance of the bill is due 90 days from the invoice date.
>
> Take a 1% discount on your invoice if we receive full payment within 37
days
> of the invoice date."

AThat's all very nice. Nowif you wouldn't mind answering the question:

INVOICE, FULL PAYMENT, HALF-DUE, BALANCE DUE... I recognize all of those
terms as meaning money will be changing hands. You seem to only point out
that no downpayment is required, but you have yet to identify the monetary
valule of the words INVOICE, BALANCE DUE or PAYMENT.

Please stop scamming everyone.

> In addition, page 11 lists their "Guaranteed Sales" policy. After setting
> out the guidelines regarding the number of contributors required (and the
> pricing guidelines regarding their decision in the matter), it states:
>
> "10. If there is a balance which cannot be paid, then furnish proof to
> Cookbooks by Morris Press that not enough cookbooks could be sold to pay
for
> the order.
>
> If these conditions are met and not enough cookbooks have been sold to pay
> the printing costs, the organization may return the unsold books to
> Cookbooks by Morris Press. In this event, all money collected from
cookbook
> sales must be remitted to Cookbooks by Morris Press."
>
> In this case, the initial invoice, for:
>
> 3-Ring Cookbooks, 200: $1,060.00
>
> Custom Line-Art Dividers: $0.00 (free)
>
> Printed Liners, 200 books: $40.00
>
> Custom Full-Color Cover, 200: $230.00
>
> Coupon Discount: -$30.00
>
> Type'n'Save Discount: -$40.00
>
> Recipe Format: $0.00
>
> Single-Ink Recipe Pages: $0.00
>
> Tabbed Dividers: $64.00
>
> Special Pages, 4: $0.00
>
> Total: $1,324.00

Ahhhhh... $1324.00.... and you believe that Morris Press is just gonna eat
that if you don't sell any cookbooks? If you read more carefully, and try
using the mind of an adult, not the mind of a 15 year old with illusions of
becoming a multimillionaire, you'll see that Morris Press only gaurantees if
you follow their pricing guidelines you'll be able to sell enough books to
cover printing.
Which includes "contributors" and "sales".

You are truly a dork. I hope you enjoy your little cookbooks.

> Because this is to be an organization cookbook, the money is not required
up
> front (I wish my grandmothers had had this company for the Eastern Star).
> However:

However, there is no organization.
Show me the paperwork you filed creating an organization.
Show me the projected financial statements outlining my share of the funds
as a member of your Were Community.

> 37 days after the invoice is sent, a payment of $567.00 will be due. If
> this cannot be paid, no interest charges will accrue ... but the
opportunity
> to receive a $13.40 discount will be lost.
>
> If the cookbook does not sell, and should Morris Press refuse receipt of
the
> unsold cookbooks, I, as chairwolf, will be liable for the invoiced amount.
> I and I alone.

Show me that on paper. Show me where you are willing to contribute your
profits to the Were Community, but are a big enough person to take a
negative hit all on your own.

> Projected Profits:
>
> Standard per-book selling price is $9.25 for 200 three-ring cookbooks.
This
> is modified as follows:
>
> Printed Liners, 200 books: +$0.40
>
> Custom Full-Color Cover: +$2.30
>
> Tabbed dividers: +$0.16
>
> (Any subtraction for self-typesetting and coupon use will need to be
applied
> by Morris Press. The figures above are calculated from the price
adjustment
> formula in an old copy of Morris Press' information packet, and may not be
> correct under new rules. They should provide a useful guideline,
however.)

> Final selling price: $12.11
>
> Estimated profit per book (according to Morris Press): $3.95 - $5.60,
> dependent upon other options purchased.

What are those options?
Don't keep us in the dark.

> At the price of $12.11, the invoice will be paid after the 110th cookbook
is
> sold. The remaining cookbooks (90) sold at $12.11 apiece, will generate
> $1089.90 of revenue to be used as the membership directs.

What membership?
What organization?
Show me where you have outlined, on paper, and with membership consent that,
if you lose money on this it is your sole responsibility.

> Selling:
>
> While Morris Press expects that members of the organization will buy
books,
> this is not required.

No of course not.
LOL!

> In addition to member sales, Cookbooks by Morris
> Press provides three months of free advertising on their website,
> http://www.cookbooks4sale.com under two category listings of choice. All
> orders and payments come directly to the chairwolf, as noted on p. 94 of
the
> free information packet (just call 1-800-445-6621 to request).

Again, show me your filing of an organization, show me your board of
directors, show me.

> Use of funds:
>
> Upon completion of cookbook sales (including reorders, if any), all
profits
> will be totaled and reported. The final use of the funds will be decided
in
> a secret e-mail ballot, counted first by the chairwolf (me) and second by
> Moonwolf (in order to avoid favoritism). In the event that these tallies
> disagree, the final count shall be tallied by Phil Geusz of Columbia, TN,
> who does not post to this newsgroup.
>
> If a decision cannot be reached within three ballotings, the monies
> collected shall be placed in a savings account, there to accrue interest
> until a decision may be reached regarding disbursal of the funds.

Show me the reports, show me the savings account statement, tell me which
name will be on this savings account and who will have access tot he funds.

Come on stupid, you have a lot of paperwork to get together, let's see some
of it.

This ain't a flea market.

> And by the way, Kamatu ... I may be young at heart, but I'm 31 years of
age.

Which makes you even more pathetic, Mr. Bates.

> Now, are there any other questions?

Yeah, why are you still trying to scam people?

Why don't you just pick a place to donate the money to and be done with it?

Kamatu

Jun 6, 2001, 10:14:30 AM6/6/01

> Ben Goodridge wrote in message ...
>
> (snip)
>

> >What do you say, Wanderer? Fancy doing well and good at the same time?
> >

> Hey, if everywere's fine with that, sure.:) Truthfully, I keep hoping
that
> Heart's Dream will go somewhere, but ... <shrug> that's just one
werewolf's
> opinion.

Fuck you, get a job and fund Heart's Dream yourself.
Stop trying to scam your way into it.

Fucking low life scum.

Bob Mallard

Jun 6, 2001, 11:58:55 AM6/6/01
Hey Kamatu, since you spend so much time running around in circles yapping
at wanderers heels,
i was just wondering if perhaps you might have been a Chihuahua in your last
life?

just curious.....

Bob Mallard

"Kamatu" <nq...@nujj.arg> wrote in message

Kamatu

Jun 6, 2001, 1:00:38 PM6/6/01
Thank you for your insightful and on topic post.

"Bob Mallard" <bmal...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

Lina Inverse

Jun 6, 2001, 2:55:37 PM6/6/01

Well, considering the costs of buying land and such it would take a hell
of a lot more that the 1089 dollars to do hearts dream. also, since it
has take wanderer a month to get 29 contributors and he needs 75 (Which
works out to be approximately 2.5 books per person to buy, morris press
seems to have those numbers pretty down pat for a reason) and the
initial rush of contriutors is over, I would guess this is going no
where fast. What people won't do when they are 31 years old and unable
to get a drivers liscence or hold down a gas station job. I am wondering
if morris press needs NFP documentation considering the nature of this
whole sales pitch. I am sure wanderer has thought about that :)

This is just funny. Even if contributors keep popping up at the same
rate for the next month, it will be at least 2 months before it even
gets submitted. I will have already been paid for 2 paintball events
both worth more than the 1089 profit they will make with the one book,
along with having a regular job. Seems to me that if wonderer wasn't
such a lazy fuck he could do something with his life.

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Lina Inverse

Jun 6, 2001, 4:24:11 PM6/6/01

I think more importantly is the question of exactly what a fund raising
orginization is. Now, since there is no outlined dispersal of the money
my assumption is that wanderer is using fund raising more as employment.
Sure, when I punch in at work I am fund raising in the literal sense of
the word, but in a legal sense I am employed. I have a feeling
fundraising implies Not For Profit orginizations that use these books to
raise money for events and trips. From what he has copied this certainly
is not a plan for just anyone to make a cookbook and sell it. I can't
say how much effort has been put into contacting morris press to confirm
requirements, but wanderer may be in for a surprise when they expect a
legal statement regarding the orginization. Sounds like he got a
pamphlet, and this was the cheapest way to go so he just calls it an
orginization and hopes they are stupid. I do believe for their own
purposes they may require some sort of documentation to cover their
losses. They may very well be able to write off materials lost to NFP
orginizations due to government subsidies.

> Please stop scamming everyone.

I just think he should do some research. It would be a real shame to
have this idea get the ax because wanderer never bothered to find out
what classifies someone as an orginization. Churches, Scouts, local
community groups, and other groups have group charters. They include
purposes, and legalese for others. This group does not.

For a NFP orginization they might get a subsidy for materials lost and
manufacturing costs. However, that would require the orginization to
have filed their paperwork with morris press. Not a big deal to do, but
you have to have the paperwork. Sort of like having a resale
certificate, tax ID number, DBA, Coperation contracts....

If you read more carefully, and try
> using the mind of an adult, not the mind of a 15 year old with illusions of
> becoming a multimillionaire, you'll see that Morris Press only gaurantees if
> you follow their pricing guidelines you'll be able to sell enough books to
> cover printing.
> Which includes "contributors" and "sales".

He is working on the contributor part. Which will, normally, make the
sales part fall into place a little easier. It is a little over 2.5
books per contributor with 75 contributors. (Zenwolf will need to buy
about 15 :) to sell the 200 copies. Not so hard considering most people
will want one for themselves, and they aren't too expensive. It is
actually a nicely laid out plan looking at it. It doesn't take into
account the were community consiting mostly of teenagers who have no use
for a cookbook, and the fact that they would be reluctant to give a
werewolf cookbook to somebody out of being revealed as a werewolf.
However, I am sure for most community orginizations this could be a grea
way to make something to be proud of, and that you could get rid of and
make money. Looks like Morris press has taken the pyramid scheme to a
place where it might actually work given you already have a pyramid, and
the money is for a NFP orginization which can usually generate donations
or call itself a charity. However, it really depends on how shrewd
morris press is. Do they just print anything that comes to them, or do
thy actually have requirements of an orginizational structure? I don't
know myself, but I hope wanderer has looked at sales, potential, and the
economic theory behing morris press's marketing scheme. Somehow I think
that getting these printed will be much easier than selling them.

> You are truly a dork. I hope you enjoy your little cookbooks.

I'll believe it when I see it. From the creators of heart's pipe dream I
don't expect much. At least he isn't asking for donations :)

> > Because this is to be an organization cookbook, the money is not required
> up
> > front (I wish my grandmothers had had this company for the Eastern Star).
> > However:
> >

> However, there is no organization.
> Show me the paperwork you filed creating an organization.
> Show me the projected financial statements outlining my share of the funds
> as a member of your Were Community.

I think that point has gone way over his head. I am sure once he has his
75 contributors he will have to look into it.

> > 37 days after the invoice is sent, a payment of $567.00 will be due. If
> > this cannot be paid, no interest charges will accrue ... but the
> opportunity
> > to receive a $13.40 discount will be lost.
> >
> > If the cookbook does not sell, and should Morris Press refuse receipt of
> the
> > unsold cookbooks, I, as chairwolf, will be liable for the invoiced amount.
> > I and I alone.
> >

> Show me that on paper. Show me where you are willing to contribute your
> profits to the Were Community, but are a big enough person to take a
> negative hit all on your own.

You mean when morris press asks him for copies of his NFP papers so they
can subsidize the lost materials, and he has to buy all those cookbooks
on his wn :)

Shhhhh, I must be wrong because my name is safari.

> > Projected Profits:
> >
> > Standard per-book selling price is $9.25 for 200 three-ring cookbooks.
> This
> > is modified as follows:
> >
> > Printed Liners, 200 books: +$0.40
> >
> > Custom Full-Color Cover: +$2.30
> >
> > Tabbed dividers: +$0.16
> >
> > (Any subtraction for self-typesetting and coupon use will need to be
> applied
> > by Morris Press. The figures above are calculated from the price
> adjustment
> > formula in an old copy of Morris Press' information packet, and may not be
> > correct under new rules. They should provide a useful guideline,
> however.)
> >
> > Final selling price: $12.11
> >
> > Estimated profit per book (according to Morris Press): $3.95 - $5.60,
> > dependent upon other options purchased.
> >

> What are those options?
> Don't keep us in the dark.

They weren't included in the brochure.

> > At the price of $12.11, the invoice will be paid after the 110th cookbook
> is
> > sold. The remaining cookbooks (90) sold at $12.11 apiece, will generate
> > $1089.90 of revenue to be used as the membership directs.
> >

> What membership?

Morris press might want other names aside from Zenwolf, cypherwulf,
blackwolf, windwolf, wolf of the north, wolf of the east, wolf of the
south, goldenwolf, goldynwolf.

> What organization?

Why AHWW of course :)

> Show me where you have outlined, on paper, and with membership consent that,
> if you lose money on this it is your sole responsibility.

Since the checks will be made out to him :)

> > Selling:
> >
> > While Morris Press expects that members of the organization will buy
> books,
> > this is not required.
>
> No of course not.
> LOL!

The book purchasing fairy loves to visit losers in texas.

> > In addition to member sales, Cookbooks by Morris
> > Press provides three months of free advertising on their website,
> > http://www.cookbooks4sale.com under two category listings of choice. All
> > orders and payments come directly to the chairwolf, as noted on p. 94 of
> the
> > free information packet (just call 1-800-445-6621 to request).
> >

> Again, show me your filing of an organization, show me your board of
> directors, show me.

How about a peice of paper authorized by the secretary of state for the
state of texas certifying that we are a NFP orginization.

> > Use of funds:
> >
> > Upon completion of cookbook sales (including reorders, if any), all
> profits
> > will be totaled and reported. The final use of the funds will be decided
> in
> > a secret e-mail ballot, counted first by the chairwolf (me) and second by
> > Moonwolf (in order to avoid favoritism). In the event that these tallies
> > disagree, the final count shall be tallied by Phil Geusz of Columbia, TN,
> > who does not post to this newsgroup.
> >
> > If a decision cannot be reached within three ballotings, the monies
> > collected shall be placed in a savings account, there to accrue interest
> > until a decision may be reached regarding disbursal of the funds.
> >

> Show me the reports, show me the savings account statement, tell me which
> name will be on this savings account and who will have access tot he funds.
>
> Come on stupid, you have a lot of paperwork to get together, let's see some
> of it.
>
> This ain't a flea market.

I think the correct idea is that once this.....I mean if this idea comes
about wanderer will go wandering again not to be found.

> > And by the way, Kamatu ... I may be young at heart, but I'm 31 years of
> age.
>
> Which makes you even more pathetic, Mr. Bates.

I agree with this. at least at 15 there is good reason to fail your
drivers test.

> > Now, are there any other questions?
> >

> Yeah, why are you still trying to scam people?
>
> Why don't you just pick a place to donate the money to and be done with it?

Because he already has hearts dream. Unfortunately for him he is one of
the few actually allowed to participate in it, and other people are not
to keen about paying for him and his friend to run around the woods
wearing a carpet.

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Cypherwulf

Jun 6, 2001, 8:37:44 PM6/6/01

> Kamatu wrote:
> >
> > "Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in message

> > > Ben Goodridge wrote in message ...
> > >
> > > (snip)

> > > Hey, if everywere's fine with that, sure.:) Truthfully, I keep hoping
> > that
> > > Heart's Dream will go somewhere, but ... <shrug> that's just one
> > werewolf's
> > > opinion.
> >
> > Fuck you, get a job and fund Heart's Dream yourself.
> > Stop trying to scam your way into it.
> >
> > Fucking low life scum.
>
> Well, considering the costs of buying land and such it would take a hell
> of a lot more that the 1089 dollars to do hearts dream.

*g* and I thought I was the only one who saw that, the land alone will cost
a lot more than that not to mention any building that will be don't. I guess
we can live in caves until we sell enough cookbooks.
It doesn't matter what happens, if it fails, succeeds or he just takes the
money, who cares, I didn't lose any money. If I do buy a cookbook, then I
still get something out of it.

--

, , Hisses and howls,
,0 0, Cypherwulf

, ,
,0 0, boo...@starpower.net
0| |0 http://www.angelfire.com/md2/lycanthropia/index.html
|___| "War was beginning .
\ / What happen ?
0 Somebody set up us the bomb !"
' -Zero Wing

Lina Inverse

Jun 6, 2001, 9:43:50 PM6/6/01

Cypherwulf wrote:

> "Lina Inverse" <mak...@bestweb.net> wrote in message
> >

> > Kamatu wrote:
> > >
> > > "Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in message

> time?

> > > that
> > > werewolf's
> > >
> > > Fuck you, get a job and fund Heart's Dream yourself.
> > > Stop trying to scam your way into it.
> > >
> > > Fucking low life scum.
> >
> > Well, considering the costs of buying land and such it would take a hell
> > of a lot more that the 1089 dollars to do hearts dream.
>
> *g* and I thought I was the only one who saw that, the land alone will cost
> a lot more than that not to mention any building that will be don't. I guess
> we can live in caves until we sell enough cookbooks.

That is a lot of cookbooks. To make 10,000 dollars would take the sale
of 2000 cookbooks at 5 dollars profit per book. That might get you some
nice land off the beaten path. Of course, if you are looking for land in
NY or california he might do better selling his vitals on ebay.

> It doesn't matter what happens, if it fails, succeeds or he just takes the
> money, who cares, I didn't lose any money. If I do buy a cookbook, then I
> still get something out of it.

It really all depends on if someone wants to support an out of work ex
gas station employee from texas who can't even put it together to get a
drivers liscence or get out of living with mommy. However, that is a
personal choice. I would personally not volunteer time, money, or
whatever to benefit a person who is just lazy. Hell, if he was donating
to some wildlife preserve I would send in a recipe, but Mother's house
does not count no matter how many strays she takes in.

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Kamatu

Jun 6, 2001, 9:18:42 PM6/6/01

"Cypherwulf" <boo...@starpower.net> wrote in message

You interested in buying a cookbook for $12?
I can sell you one for $10.

Lao-tzu

Jun 7, 2001, 12:48:44 AM6/7/01

Kamatu <nq...@nujj.arg> wrote in message
Do I hear 8.50?
ZW

His AssHoliness, Raoul Xemblinosky

Jun 7, 2001, 3:24:10 AM6/7/01
Bob Mallard wrote:

> Hey Kamatu, since you spend so much time running around in circles yapping
> at wanderers heels,
> i was just wondering if perhaps you might have been a Chihuahua in your last
> life?

Jim's currently P-shifting as a WereChihuahua.

--
This is the .sig file of His AssHoliness, Raoul Xemblinosky.

barbara turner/ moonwolf

Jun 7, 2001, 5:51:03 AM6/7/01
Wanderer posted:

>The final use of the funds will be decided
> in a secret e-mail ballot, counted first by
> the chairwolf (me) and second by
> Moonwolf (in order to avoid favoritism).
(chokes and sprays iced tea over the keyboard) Ex-CUSE ME??? I didn't
volunteer, nor was I asked if I wished to do this! I have ignored
repeated requests from W. to send recipes, and I won't do this,
either....I want nothing to do with this scheme!

>the final count shall be tallied by Phil
> Geusz of Columbia, TN, who does not
> post to this newsgroup.
(scratches head) Now, who is THIS person, and what makes him so
trustworthy as to decide what to do with "AHWW funds"?
I invite one and all to check out <http://www.cjbooks.com>, and look
under "Cooking" to see what happens to so many organizations'
fund-raising cookbooks in the long run....I wouldn't be a bit surprised
if this is what Morris Press does with the books it has to buy back from
unsuccessful promotions.
Moonwolf...who does not endorse or participate in Wanderer's cookbook
scheme in any way, shape or form....

**************************
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Those who profess to
favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation are men who want crops
without plowing up the ground; they want rain without thunder and
lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many
waters." - Frederick Douglass

Ben Goodridge

Jun 7, 2001, 6:34:40 AM6/7/01
Hi.

> Hey, if everywere's fine with that, sure.:) Truthfully, I keep hoping
that
> Heart's Dream will go somewhere, but ... <shrug> that's just one
werewolf's
> opinion.

I kind of hope it's ONLY one werewolf's opinion; I lost pretty much all
faith in Heart's Dream when I had a chance to talk to Coyote Osborne about
it in person...three years ago. This was after I'd been on the mailing list
for two years.

I've had some suspicions about Heart's Dream, anyway. Through it, I've
talked to people who would just love to get back to basics and live in a
commune off the land through their own devices and with their own labor--but
they won't go without their air-conditioners.

File them under "People who don't quite get the point."

I've heard people talking about various kinds of architecture designed to
maximize circulation and minimize heat loss in cold weather while allowing
cooler temperatures in warm weather, the benefits of certain kinds of
skylights, various methods of composting waste for generating
electricity--when no one's actually gone to any effort to buy any land
anywhere.

I should think land would be the crash priority.

At one point, in a fit of regionalistic emotionalism, I suggested putting
the commune in Maine--where the climate is more moderate than Wyoming or the
Dakotas, where land costs hundreds, not thousands, of dollars per acre, the
hunting and fishing are good and the ground is fertile, where self-generated
electricity is growing more popular, and where rugged independence and
individualism is actually enshrined rather than derided.

I was deluged with derisive notes complaining that the East Coast was too
crowded--one letter, from Darkmoon, or maybe it was Trikster, who lives in
the LA basin (one of the top ten most crowded population centers in the
world), said he'd never come to live in Maine, apparently because the most
thinly-populated state east of the Mississippi was too crowded for someone
who lived in Los Angeles. Maine has drawbacks and downsides, but "too
crowded" simply never occurred to me as being one of them.

I laughed for three days.

So if I get a vote, I would rather the money NOT go to Heart's Dream--to
paraphrase Monty Python, because I have no faith in any of the people
involved in this expedition. You're more than welcome to the recipes, but I
think donations earmarked for Heart's Dream are throwing good money after
bad ideas.

Do I think Heart's Dream can happen? Sure. I could do thirty days' worth of
research and come up with a working plan for establishment of an
agro-gathering community that would be off the grid within a year. With a
proper plan in place and participants who are truly dedicated to the task, a
functioning semi-independent colony could be established before the next
snowfall. Do I think THIS bunch is going to pull it off anytime before I get
any grayer? Not really.

I first found out about Heart's Dream five years ago. They aren't one damned
inch closer to establishing this commune than they were in 1996. (In fact,
they're FURTHER; at least when I first found out about it, they'd decided
what STATE it was going to be in.) Offering them the proceeds from a charity
cookbook isn't going to get them any closer.

Heart's Dream is a great idea. But eventually I woke up.

Ben Goodridge
bgoo...@maine.rr.com
www.animal-man.com

Kamatu

Jun 7, 2001, 9:31:07 AM6/7/01

"barbara turner/ moonwolf" <barbt...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Wanderer posted:
> >The final use of the funds will be decided
> > in a secret e-mail ballot, counted first by
> > the chairwolf (me) and second by
> > Moonwolf (in order to avoid favoritism).
> (chokes and sprays iced tea over the keyboard) Ex-CUSE ME??? I didn't
> volunteer, nor was I asked if I wished to do this! I have ignored
> repeated requests from W. to send recipes, and I won't do this,
> either....I want nothing to do with this scheme!
> >the final count shall be tallied by Phil
> > Geusz of Columbia, TN, who does not
> > post to this newsgroup.
> (scratches head) Now, who is THIS person, and what makes him so
> trustworthy as to decide what to do with "AHWW funds"?
> I invite one and all to check out <http://www.cjbooks.com>, and look
> under "Cooking" to see what happens to so many organizations'
> fund-raising cookbooks in the long run....I wouldn't be a bit surprised
> if this is what Morris Press does with the books it has to buy back from
> unsuccessful promotions.
> Moonwolf...who does not endorse or participate in Wanderer's cookbook
> scheme in any way, shape or form....

I think he should have the votes counted by Tim Matherson of Clarksburg,
Kentucky.
Or better yet by Theodor Geisel of San Diego, Ca.

This scam just get more and more ridiculous.

Kamatu

Jun 7, 2001, 10:50:52 AM6/7/01

> Hi.
>
> > Hey, if everywere's fine with that, sure.:) Truthfully, I keep hoping
> that
> > Heart's Dream will go somewhere, but ... <shrug> that's just one
> werewolf's
> > opinion.
>
> I kind of hope it's ONLY one werewolf's opinion; I lost pretty much all
> faith in Heart's Dream when I had a chance to talk to Coyote Osborne about
> it in person...three years ago. This was after I'd been on the mailing
list
> for two years.
>
> I've had some suspicions about Heart's Dream, anyway. Through it, I've
> talked to people who would just love to get back to basics and live in a
> commune off the land through their own devices and with their own
labor--but
> they won't go without their air-conditioners.
>
> File them under "People who don't quite get the point."

Kinda like hikers who won't pick up garbage they see on the trails they
walk?

> I've heard people talking about various kinds of architecture designed to
> maximize circulation and minimize heat loss in cold weather while allowing
> cooler temperatures in warm weather, the benefits of certain kinds of
> skylights, various methods of composting waste for generating
> electricity--when no one's actually gone to any effort to buy any land
> anywhere.
>
> I should think land would be the crash priority.

I should think getting a job and saving the money to get the land would be
the priority.
In 5 years no one has even put together a good crap grame, let alone put
aside enough
cash to get even an acre of land, in any state.

> At one point, in a fit of regionalistic emotionalism, I suggested putting
> the commune in Maine--where the climate is more moderate than Wyoming or
the
> Dakotas, where land costs hundreds, not thousands, of dollars per acre,
the
> hunting and fishing are good and the ground is fertile, where
self-generated
> electricity is growing more popular, and where rugged independence and
> individualism is actually enshrined rather than derided.

I'd stay away from Maine, actually. There appears to be too much trash on
the mountains and no one is picking it up.

> I was deluged with derisive notes complaining that the East Coast was too
> crowded--one letter, from Darkmoon, or maybe it was Trikster, who lives in
> the LA basin (one of the top ten most crowded population centers in the
> world), said he'd never come to live in Maine, apparently because the most
> thinly-populated state east of the Mississippi was too crowded for someone
> who lived in Los Angeles. Maine has drawbacks and downsides, but "too
> crowded" simply never occurred to me as being one of them.
>
> I laughed for three days.

I laugh everytime I see your name in the "From" field...

> So if I get a vote, I would rather the money NOT go to Heart's Dream--to
> paraphrase Monty Python, because I have no faith in any of the people
> involved in this expedition. You're more than welcome to the recipes, but
> think donations earmarked for Heart's Dream are throwing good money after
> bad ideas.
>
> Do I think Heart's Dream can happen? Sure. I could do thirty days' worth
of
> research and come up with a working plan for establishment of an
> agro-gathering community that would be off the grid within a year. With a
> proper plan in place and participants who are truly dedicated to the task,
> functioning semi-independent colony could be established before the next
> snowfall. Do I think THIS bunch is going to pull it off anytime before I
get
> any grayer? Not really.

I don't think even you could pull it off, honey.

> I first found out about Heart's Dream five years ago. They aren't one
damned
> inch closer to establishing this commune than they were in 1996. (In fact,
> they're FURTHER; at least when I first found out about it, they'd decided
> what STATE it was going to be in.) Offering them the proceeds from a
charity
> cookbook isn't going to get them any closer.
>
> Heart's Dream is a great idea. But eventually I woke up.

And you've been making a nightmare of this place ever since.

--
Kamatu
King of AHWW

Anubis

Jun 7, 2001, 12:22:21 PM6/7/01

"Kamatu" <nq...@nujj.arg> wrote in message
I do not like cookbooks and spam I do not like them Kamyouam
I do not like them in a box
I do not like them with a fox {well, i prolly wood}
I do not like them here or there
I do not like them in Snarfs rear

> This scam just get more and more ridiculous.

I think we need a weresymbol contest !!!!

Anubis

Jun 7, 2001, 12:24:17 PM6/7/01

"His AssHoliness, Raoul Xemblinosky" <rao...@mollusk.bungmunch.com> wrote in
message news:3B1F2C1A...@mollusk.bungmunch.com...

> Bob Mallard wrote:
> >
> > Hey Kamatu, since you spend so much time running around in circles
yapping
> > at wanderers heels,
> > i was just wondering if perhaps you might have been a Chihuahua in your
last
> > life?
>
> Jim's currently P-shifting as a WereChihuahua.

That would explain the horrid Chalupa smell

Anubis

Jun 7, 2001, 12:35:16 PM6/7/01

"Ben Goodridge" <bgoo...@maine.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> > Hey, if everywere's fine with that, sure.:) Truthfully, I keep hoping
> that
> > Heart's Dream will go somewhere, but ... <shrug> that's just one
> werewolf's
> > opinion.
>
> I kind of hope it's ONLY one werewolf's opinion; I lost pretty much all
> faith in Heart's Dream when I had a chance to talk to Coyote Osborne about
> it in person...three years ago. This was after I'd been on the mailing
list
> for two years.

Most communes fail...or struggle at best.Arcosanti anyone?

> I've had some suspicions about Heart's Dream, anyway. Through it, I've
> talked to people who would just love to get back to basics and live in a
> commune off the land through their own devices and with their own
labor--but
> they won't go without their air-conditioners.

Solar, wind hydro, if you have a stream.Airconditioners? Theres a passive
system called a cooling tower that works just fine with only a small water
pump to provide water for the pads.

> File them under "People who don't quite get the point."

File them under lazy fuckers who have to have electric can openers...

> I've heard people talking about various kinds of architecture designed to
> maximize circulation and minimize heat loss in cold weather while allowing
> cooler temperatures in warm weather, the benefits of certain kinds of
> skylights, various methods of composting waste for generating
> electricity--when no one's actually gone to any effort to buy any land
> anywhere.

Earth berm houses.South facing window that doubles as the
greenhouse.Technology exists.Get off our asses? heh hehe hehe

> I should think land would be the crash priority.

Yep.

> At one point, in a fit of regionalistic emotionalism, I suggested putting
> the commune in Maine--where the climate is more moderate than Wyoming or
the
> Dakotas, where land costs hundreds, not thousands, of dollars per acre,
the
> hunting and fishing are good and the ground is fertile, where
self-generated
> electricity is growing more popular, and where rugged independence and
> individualism is actually enshrined rather than derided.

Try the plains of Montana.Cheep land.Buy yer own town even.

> I was deluged with derisive notes complaining that the East Coast was too
> crowded--one letter, from Darkmoon, or maybe it was Trikster, who lives in
> the LA basin (one of the top ten most crowded population centers in the
> world), said he'd never come to live in Maine, apparently because the most
> thinly-populated state east of the Mississippi was too crowded for someone
> who lived in Los Angeles. Maine has drawbacks and downsides, but "too
> crowded" simply never occurred to me as being one of them.
>
> I laughed for three days.

Heh.

> So if I get a vote, I would rather the money NOT go to Heart's Dream--to
> paraphrase Monty Python, because I have no faith in any of the people
> involved in this expedition. You're more than welcome to the recipes, but
> think donations earmarked for Heart's Dream are throwing good money after
> bad ideas.

Prolly.But it would suck if somwon did make it happen and you _wern't_
there,right?

> Do I think Heart's Dream can happen? Sure. I could do thirty days' worth
of
> research and come up with a working plan for establishment of an
> agro-gathering community that would be off the grid within a year. With a
> proper plan in place and participants who are truly dedicated to the task,
> functioning semi-independent colony could be established before the next
> snowfall. Do I think THIS bunch is going to pull it off anytime before I
get
> any grayer? Not really.

I hace a roto-tiller :o)

> I first found out about Heart's Dream five years ago. They aren't one
damned
> inch closer to establishing this commune than they were in 1996. (In fact,
> they're FURTHER; at least when I first found out about it, they'd decided
> what STATE it was going to be in.) Offering them the proceeds from a
charity
> cookbook isn't going to get them any closer.

If it was an Erotic cookbook maybe...

> Heart's Dream is a great idea. But eventually I woke up.

*thwack* Get back to sleep then ;o)
Anubises
> Ben Goodridge
> bgoo...@maine.rr.com
> www.animal-man.com

KatmanDu

Jun 7, 2001, 3:40:39 PM6/7/01
On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 06:34:40 -0400, "Ben Goodridge"
<bgoo...@maine.rr.com> wrote:

>I should think land would be the crash priority.

>So if I get a vote, I would rather the money NOT go to Heart's Dream--to
>paraphrase Monty Python, because I have no faith in any of the people
>involved in this expedition.

>Do I think Heart's Dream can happen? Sure. I could do thirty days' worth of
>research and come up with a working plan for establishment of an
>agro-gathering community that would be off the grid within a year. With a
>proper plan in place and participants who are truly dedicated to the task, a
>functioning semi-independent colony could be established before the next
>snowfall. Do I think THIS bunch is going to pull it off anytime before I get
>any grayer? Not really.

I think it was well understood that land would be the first priority,
and without a base to build on, all of the other discussions were
moot. I think it was understood that such an undertaking was going to
take a considerable amount of money to get started. I think it was
also understood that getting X number of people, scattered about the
US and connected only through a text medium, to agree on everything
and come to a consensus was like herding cats. How do I think HD would
come about? One person finds a way to purchase the land on their own
and gets the ball rolling. Do I see anyone, here or anywhere else,
likely to do that? No, not at the present time. Real life has
intruded, and I think everyone involved has realized that. I for one
have understood that I'm not likely to purchase several hundred acres
of prime land making $31,000 a year, and I'm not in a position to
change that right now.

If YOU can do thirty day's worth of research and come up with a
working plan, people to help, and capital before the next snowfall, go
for it. Frankly, I don't think you or anyone else will pull it off
before I get any grayer. Maybe I don't have any faith.

katm...@home.com - members.home.net/katmandu1 - katm...@arches.uga.edu
"The rising moon faces the sickening sun as the lights in the tower blocks
go on one by one. A big shot, overlooking this black iron skyline-
surrounded by his symbols of prosperity- sits back in his new leather
chair- ripped off the back of some unfortunate beast. I'm smiling
through my teeth. Anybody can be a millionaire so everybody's gotta try;
but by the laws of this human jungle, only the heartless will survive."
-The The, "Twilight of a Champion"

Lina Inverse

Jun 7, 2001, 3:52:55 PM6/7/01

barbara turner/ moonwolf wrote:

> Wanderer posted:
> >The final use of the funds will be decided
> > in a secret e-mail ballot, counted first by
> > the chairwolf (me) and second by
> > Moonwolf (in order to avoid favoritism).
> (chokes and sprays iced tea over the keyboard) Ex-CUSE ME??? I didn't
> volunteer, nor was I asked if I wished to do this! I have ignored
> repeated requests from W. to send recipes, and I won't do this,
> either....I want nothing to do with this scheme!

Seems you got stepped on by Mr. Delusions of grandeur over there. Of
course, it doesn't help his case any that he is pitching it like a rabid
bible salesman. I love people who think that just because you post to a
NG you are automatically a part of their community and have
responsibilities for it. At least Kamatu has lymes and has a reason to
look for charity, wonderer, according to him, has no such troubles yet
is looking for everyone else to work for him.

There is an ideal that I came up with years ago while watching james get
hounded out of this group by people he called friends. I watched a the
word community got thrown up against him, and seemed to include people
who did not want to be in it to show him that everyone was against him.
I decided that I am not, nor will ever be, a part of the so called were
community. I post to a NG, and that does not mean I respect anyone
around here enough to let them speak for me or my motivations.

It is one of the reasons the royal family is so misunderstood. A lot of
people seem to feel that we all share the same opinions like the rest of
the were community, when in fact we all have our own, and can accept the
disagreements. Although I will not forgive Kamatu if he knocks me out of
the #1 asshole position. Too many people in ths world think that to be
respected and belong you have to agree. A lot of this leads to people
not being able to take a differing opinion at all. They whine about
being insulted because they parrot someone else's words and wonder why
people call them on it. People like wonderer want this place to go back
to the old days when people had the power of a united community behind
them to intimidate and ostricize those who did not conform to the norm.
However, that family is destroyed. It was corrupt and wrong in my mind,
and I don't ever shed a tear at it's passing. Wonderer can't even get
support from his friends anymore. There is no community rightousness.
Now he will have to rely on his ideas and his heart to make a name for
himself. Looking at bens post regarding heart's dream would be a prime
example. Years ago he would never have thought about speaking so poorly
of such an idea. He would have been hounded like a member of the royal
family.

> >the final count shall be tallied by Phil
> > Geusz of Columbia, TN, who does not
> > post to this newsgroup.
> (scratches head) Now, who is THIS person, and what makes him so
> trustworthy as to decide what to do with "AHWW funds"?

My guess would be some sort of were sympathizer who is very important to
wanderer's group of friends, but no one else knows. It is funny how he
thinks that just mentioning the name of some schmuck he knows will get
him some noteriety. Typical of a person lacking in social qualities and
who would like to gain support.

> I invite one and all to check out <http://www.cjbooks.com>, and look
> under "Cooking" to see what happens to so many organizations'
> fund-raising cookbooks in the long run....I wouldn't be a bit surprised
> if this is what Morris Press does with the books it has to buy back from
> unsuccessful promotions.
> Moonwolf...who does not endorse or participate in Wanderer's cookbook
> scheme in any way, shape or form....

You know, since you have told wanderer you did not want him emailing you
anymore, and there is evidence of his stalking of royal family members,
this is probably just another form of harassment by him. I have to
wonder if the cookbook is actually an idea to make money, or his way of
trying to get support for his anti royal campaign. Hell, if he can't get
75 contributors he could just drop it all, and then use it as a
battlecry for his activities here. Rather interesting tactic, but doomed
to failure.

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Slappy White

Jun 7, 2001, 5:59:46 PM6/7/01

> barbara turner/ moonwolf wrote:
> >
> > Wanderer posted:
> > >The final use of the funds will be decided
> > > in a secret e-mail ballot, counted first by
> > > the chairwolf (me) and second by
> > > Moonwolf (in order to avoid favoritism).
> > (chokes and sprays iced tea over the keyboard) Ex-CUSE ME??? I didn't
> > volunteer, nor was I asked if I wished to do this! I have ignored
> > repeated requests from W. to send recipes, and I won't do this,
> > either....I want nothing to do with this scheme!
>
> Seems you got stepped on by Mr. Delusions of grandeur over there. Of
> course, it doesn't help his case any that he is pitching it like a rabid
> bible salesman. I love people who think that just because you post to a
> NG you are automatically a part of their community and have
> responsibilities for it. At least Kamatu has lymes and has a reason to
> look for charity, wonderer, according to him, has no such troubles yet
> is looking for everyone else to work for him.

Sell cars?

> There is an ideal that I came up with years ago while watching james get
> hounded out of this group by people he called friends. I watched a the
> word community got thrown up against him, and seemed to include people
> who did not want to be in it to show him that everyone was against him.
> I decided that I am not, nor will ever be, a part of the so called were
> community. I post to a NG, and that does not mean I respect anyone
> around here enough to let them speak for me or my motivations.

You misspelled delusions dear ;o) Who would let others speak in their place?
You assume that the whole "were" comunity is a solid block of ideology.Might
be a good idea to look around.The folks here can't agree on anything
hardly.Same w/ Terry-anns Camplighter.Etc,etc etc..

> It is one of the reasons the royal family is so misunderstood. A lot of
> people seem to feel that we all share the same opinions like the rest of
> the were community, when in fact we all have our own, and can accept the
> disagreements. Although I will not forgive Kamatu if he knocks me out of
> the #1 asshole position.

Well....we'd hate to crush your fragile self aSSteem.

>Too many people in ths world think that to be
> respected and belong you have to agree. A lot of this leads to people
> not being able to take a differing opinion at all. They whine about
> being insulted because they parrot someone else's words and wonder why
> people call them on it. People like wonderer want this place to go back
> to the old days when people had the power of a united community behind
> them to intimidate and ostricize those who did not conform to the norm.

Even ALF hasn't got that anymore ;o) There is no were cabal.I don't think
anyone knows or cares what anyone else really thinks.So Long As I Get
Heard....thats all that counts.

> However, that family is destroyed. It was corrupt and wrong in my mind,
> and I don't ever shed a tear at it's passing. Wonderer can't even get
> support from his friends anymore. There is no community rightousness.

Huh??? You just said all "weres" share the same veiwpoint, now you say they
dont?*blink*

> Now he will have to rely on his ideas and his heart to make a name for
> himself. Looking at bens post regarding heart's dream would be a prime
> example. Years ago he would never have thought about speaking so poorly
> of such an idea. He would have been hounded like a member of the royal
> family.

You wish.He'd a had supporters & detracters.Silly Snarfy.

> > >the final count shall be tallied by Phil
> > > Geusz of Columbia, TN, who does not
> > > post to this newsgroup.
> > (scratches head) Now, who is THIS person, and what makes him so
> > trustworthy as to decide what to do with "AHWW funds"?
>
> My guess would be some sort of were sympathizer who is very important to
> wanderer's group of friends, but no one else knows. It is funny how he
> thinks that just mentioning the name of some schmuck he knows will get
> him some noteriety. Typical of a person lacking in social qualities and
> who would like to gain support.

Gee. Do you POSSIBLY think you could be any more vague? WTF is social
qualities?

> > I invite one and all to check out <http://www.cjbooks.com>, and look
> > under "Cooking" to see what happens to so many organizations'
> > fund-raising cookbooks in the long run....I wouldn't be a bit surprised
> > if this is what Morris Press does with the books it has to buy back from
> > unsuccessful promotions.
> > Moonwolf...who does not endorse or participate in Wanderer's cookbook
> > scheme in any way, shape or form....
>
> You know, since you have told wanderer you did not want him emailing you
> anymore, and there is evidence of his stalking of royal family members,
> this is probably just another form of harassment by him. I have to
> wonder if the cookbook is actually an idea to make money, or his way of
> trying to get support for his anti royal campaign. Hell, if he can't get
> 75 contributors he could just drop it all, and then use it as a
> battlecry for his activities here. Rather interesting tactic, but doomed
> to failure.

Mr Conspiracy theorist has spoken....
Slappy

Slappy White

Jun 7, 2001, 6:02:04 PM6/7/01

KatmanDu <katm...@home.com> wrote in message
Or maybe you want to piss on someone elses dream?
Slappy

Kamatu

Jun 7, 2001, 5:13:43 PM6/7/01

> barbara turner/ moonwolf wrote:
> >
> > Wanderer posted:
> > >The final use of the funds will be decided
> > > in a secret e-mail ballot, counted first by
> > > the chairwolf (me) and second by
> > > Moonwolf (in order to avoid favoritism).
> > (chokes and sprays iced tea over the keyboard) Ex-CUSE ME??? I didn't
> > volunteer, nor was I asked if I wished to do this! I have ignored
> > repeated requests from W. to send recipes, and I won't do this,
> > either....I want nothing to do with this scheme!
>
> Seems you got stepped on by Mr. Delusions of grandeur over there. Of
> course, it doesn't help his case any that he is pitching it like a rabid
> bible salesman. I love people who think that just because you post to a
> NG you are automatically a part of their community and have
> responsibilities for it. At least Kamatu has lymes and has a reason to
> look for charity,

Which I'm not doing any time soon, either.
I just found a daily bus trip to Atlantic City for $12.50 round trip.

Hitting just two inside numbers pays for the ride, the next two pay for
lunch.

I wonder if Welfare will tell me I am officially working if I make $50 a day
throwing dice?

> wonderer, according to him, has no such troubles yet
> is looking for everyone else to work for him.
>
> There is an ideal that I came up with years ago while watching james get
> hounded out of this group by people he called friends. I watched a the
> word community got thrown up against him, and seemed to include people
> who did not want to be in it to show him that everyone was against him.
> I decided that I am not, nor will ever be, a part of the so called were
> community. I post to a NG, and that does not mean I respect anyone
> around here enough to let them speak for me or my motivations.

Here! Here!

> It is one of the reasons the royal family is so misunderstood. A lot of
> people seem to feel that we all share the same opinions like the rest of
> the were community, when in fact we all have our own, and can accept the
> disagreements. Although I will not forgive Kamatu if he knocks me out of
> the #1 asshole position.

I'm just sitting here minding my own business.

> Too many people in ths world think that to be
> respected and belong you have to agree. A lot of this leads to people
> not being able to take a differing opinion at all. They whine about
> being insulted because they parrot someone else's words and wonder why
> people call them on it. People like wonderer want this place to go back
> to the old days when people had the power of a united community behind
> them to intimidate and ostricize those who did not conform to the norm.
> However, that family is destroyed. It was corrupt and wrong in my mind,
> and I don't ever shed a tear at it's passing. Wonderer can't even get
> support from his friends anymore. There is no community rightousness.

It sucks when the free thinkers take over.

Lina Inverse

Jun 7, 2001, 6:46:41 PM6/7/01

KatmanDu wrote:
> I think it was well understood that land would be the first priority,
> and without a base to build on, all of the other discussions were
> moot. I think it was understood that such an undertaking was going to
> take a considerable amount of money to get started. I think it was
> also understood that getting X number of people, scattered about the
> US and connected only through a text medium, to agree on everything
> and come to a consensus was like herding cats. How do I think HD would
> come about? One person finds a way to purchase the land on their own
> and gets the ball rolling. Do I see anyone, here or anywhere else,
> likely to do that? No, not at the present time. Real life has
> intruded, and I think everyone involved has realized that. I for one
> have understood that I'm not likely to purchase several hundred acres
> of prime land making $31,000 a year, and I'm not in a position to
> change that right now.

I don't need to do thirty days worth of research to come up with a plan.
I'll give you the instructions here. First off, you need a leader.
Sorry, but pure democracy is not going to work for the reasons you gave
above. You need a person who is dedicated to the goals of the group to
be able to make decisions when everyone is going in different
directions. While coming up with a leader you should make a clearly
defined set of group goals. Questions like: will you be dependant
totally on the land, or will you just try to limit it excessively. Are
you out to not interract with society, or to have the opportunity to? Do
you wish for connections to the net, or to leave that life behind? Will
you be accepting new members or just be your group.
Through the definition of these goals and ideals you will find that
some of the questions of the where and when can be more precisely
evaluated and decided upon. For example, if you want to live off the
land, the northeast may be out due to a shorter growing season, colder
winters, and other considerations. Also, when thse items are defined you
need to make up a mission statement and file for either NFP status, or
religious status. My recommendation as you could attempt to define this
as a spiritual and religious philosophy you may be able to accomplish
getting a religious status and avoiding things like land taxes, and set
yourselves up for the next step by allowing yourselves tax write off
through donations and keeping your savings protected from taxes. This
status will be neccesary for many reasons, and should be the step you
take before all the land and everything like that. You need something to
start piling stuff under for whomever can, and these is a nice legal way
to do things allowing for accountability and orginization with setup.
Now we go on, and I will assume that everyone in hearts dream trusts
eachother. A leader or at least a smaller group that is in charge of
decsion making should establish a real orginization, and places to store
funds and equipment. Then decisions need to be made as to what makes a
person elidgible to enter into hearts dream. Is there a money
contribution cap that they would have to reach, or would it be a
standard monthly donation to startup. With 5 people at 100 dollars a
month you could make 6000 dollars a year towards land and building
costs. That is 25 dollars a week for those of you with a full time job,
or 3 8 hour days of work a month at minimum wage. Doesn't seem like a
lot to me. Of course, it means making sacrifices like maybe picking up a
second part time job, cutting back on 25 dollars worth of spending a
week, and for some picking up a job. This is not a huge deal at all. In
the past 5 years with 5 people working at it 30,000 dollars could
already be sitting there, and that is if they did nothing else. Of
course, efforts like the cookbook and other fundraising things could
have easily been done for a profit increasing this number again.
What needs to be done from this point is to price the land and chose
the location. Again the goals would help with all this. If you know what
the minimum contributions are you can figure out where the best land is
for your use. I would recommend a southern route as you will need to be
concerned far less with environment as the cold can be fatal, but heat
can be dealt with. Unless of course you are a fat lazy fuck. Then
decisions can be made as to what sort of shelter and clothing is needed,
and how to handle expenses that might arise. Would the community
continue to engage in fundraising activities to pay for electricity, new
clothes, or upkeep?

From here it should be a matter of doing. 2 days worth of research by 5
people would yeild procedures for filing FP or religious status, any
bank has programs for people with the proper paperwork to store their
money, land prices are easilyu obtained. Local climate and soil type can
be ascertained also. Is there edible wildlife for thise who might want
to continue with meat eating. Costs for housing and shelter. Not a lot
is neaded, and one might find simple solutions like trailers with
bunkbeds, or an inexpensive double or single wide to suit their needs.
You could get land tax information, ideas for fundraising that the whole
community could partcipate in for their small expenses, and a whole lot
of other things.

The hardest part should be to find a leader who is able to make
decisions that won't be popular with all the contributors. It is just a
fact that everyone involved has a different hearts dream in mind, and in
the end all of them are probably wrong. However, this is not the hardest
part. It would seem that getting someone to put in some effort and make
some real sacrifices and get working on it is the hardest part, and that
is what makes it a pipe dream with no hope.

> If YOU can do thirty day's worth of research and come up with a
> working plan,

Guessing here.

10 people

contributing 150 dollars a month (18,000 dollars first year)

2 2 bedroom trailers (purchaseable in NY for 8000 new so I would assume
less elsewhere or used)

Land in the southwest fertile soil 100 acres 10k (guess)

Clothing (basic no designes almost uniform) 400 dolars should cover 10
years

Axes, hunting equipment, seeds for planting, shovels, rakes, farming
equip, plates....yada yada 1500 dollars. That is if no one can bring any
of that with them.

File as a religion, and fuck your land and income taxes.

Brainstorm ideas for generating a nominal income for maintenance.
(Selling pencils at the airport :) It's a joke!)

>people to help,

That would seem to be the real problem. Most of HD wants others to help
them set up.

and capital before the next snowfall, go
> for it.

well, next snowfall is shooting rather far. Not everyone is like me. I
could dump 30,000 dollars worth of crap, keep what I needed, and go. Of
course, I don't want to live on a commune with wanderer's smelly ass.

Frankly, I don't think you or anyone else will pull it off
> before I get any grayer. Maybe I don't have any faith.

The doers that would be able to pull it off are out living life and
pulling that off. The losers who are hoping for a free ride with air
conditioners and being comfortable 24 hours a day certainly wont.
Personally, I know in a year I could do it. The fact is that I enjoy my
life a lot (Most of the time) and all that commune crap isn't my cup of
tea, or where I want to be. However, I could see the attraction to a 31
year old loser living with mother in texas (It's not like it is NY or
clifornia) who can't even drive a car wanting to move in with a whole
bunch of other people who will take care of him.

It is not a bad idea for some, just bad implementation.

> katm...@home.com - members.home.net/katmandu1 - katm...@arches.uga.edu
> "The rising moon faces the sickening sun as the lights in the tower blocks
> go on one by one. A big shot, overlooking this black iron skyline-
> surrounded by his symbols of prosperity- sits back in his new leather
> chair- ripped off the back of some unfortunate beast. I'm smiling
> through my teeth. Anybody can be a millionaire so everybody's gotta try;
> but by the laws of this human jungle, only the heartless will survive."
> -The The, "Twilight of a Champion"

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Cypherwulf

Jun 7, 2001, 9:32:37 PM6/7/01

"Kamatu" <nq...@nujj.arg> wrote in message

no, you're supposed to say 'me too!'

> > It is one of the reasons the royal family is so misunderstood. A lot of
> > people seem to feel that we all share the same opinions like the rest of
> > the were community, when in fact we all have our own, and can accept the
> > disagreements. Although I will not forgive Kamatu if he knocks me out of
> > the #1 asshole position.
>
> I'm just sitting here minding my own business.

You know you're evil, don't play innocent

> > Too many people in ths world think that to be
> > respected and belong you have to agree. A lot of this leads to people
> > not being able to take a differing opinion at all. They whine about
> > being insulted because they parrot someone else's words and wonder why
> > people call them on it. People like wonderer want this place to go back
> > to the old days when people had the power of a united community behind
> > them to intimidate and ostricize those who did not conform to the norm.
> > However, that family is destroyed. It was corrupt and wrong in my mind,
> > and I don't ever shed a tear at it's passing. Wonderer can't even get
> > support from his friends anymore. There is no community rightousness.
>

> It sucks when the free thinkers take over.

I still like it here ;)

--

, , Hisses and howls,
,0 0, Cypherwulf

|___| "Kids love to touch soft things,
\ / especially my face,
0 and that makes me feel great."
' -Dove Cleansing Cloths commercial

Cypherwulf

Jun 7, 2001, 9:34:56 PM6/7/01

"KatmanDu" <katm...@home.com> wrote in message

Maybe someone should just win the lottery. They can tell all their friends
they fund a werecreature commune ;)

--

, , Hisses and howls,
,0 0, Cypherwulf

, ,
,0 0, boo...@starpower.net
0| |0 http://www.angelfire.com/md2/lycanthropia/index.html
|___| "Kids love to touch soft things,
\ / especially my face,
0 and that makes me feel great."
' -Dove Cleansing Cloths commercial

Lina Inverse

Jun 7, 2001, 10:20:13 PM6/7/01

Given the attitude that wanderer maintains I would be surprised to find
he doesn't play the lottery. It's that sort of waiting on your ass for
the big break to come attitude that keeps him from actually succeding.
All in all, winning the lottery would rock, but I get much more from
beating a way in the world.

> --
>
> , , Hisses and howls,
> ,0 0, Cypherwulf
> 0(_)0
>
> , ,
> ,0 0, boo...@starpower.net
> 0| |0 http://www.angelfire.com/md2/lycanthropia/index.html
> |___| "Kids love to touch soft things,
> \ / especially my face,
> 0 and that makes me feel great."
> ' -Dove Cleansing Cloths commercial
>

> > katm...@home.com - members.home.net/katmandu1 -
> katm...@arches.uga.edu
> > "The rising moon faces the sickening sun as the lights in the tower blocks
> > go on one by one. A big shot, overlooking this black iron skyline-
> > surrounded by his symbols of prosperity- sits back in his new leather
> > chair- ripped off the back of some unfortunate beast. I'm smiling
> > through my teeth. Anybody can be a millionaire so everybody's gotta try;
> > but by the laws of this human jungle, only the heartless will survive."
> > -The The, "Twilight of a Champion"

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Wanderer

Jun 8, 2001, 3:54:48 AM6/8/01
Slappy, he's not doing anything against me, or against Ben, or even against
Heart's Dream.

Let's be honest ... Heart's Dream is a wonderful idea, but it'd take a lot
of work to make it happen. Sure, 900-some-odd dollars would buy land (I
forgot to deduct the artist's cut before), provided we found a good price
... maybe even a goodly number of acres, provided we were willing to handle
all the "modern conveniences" ourselves (like latrines, say). But it'd take
a lot of hard labor by a determined workforce to make it happen.

Truthfully? I think we could do it. I've already completed research on
alternative power sources, radiant heat and cooling, berm housing, and a few
hundred other possibilities. But that doesn't mean a thing unless a sizable
chunk of the werecommunity wants, really *needs* to make it happen. Without
that level of dedication, it's a Biosphere ... limited resources rapidly
depleted.

Again, Heart's Dream is just my opinion. The final vote will draw on all
members of the Werecommunity, of which I am a still, small voice howling
from afar. You can tell what my vote will be ... but my vote is a single
choice. It's the choices of everywere else that will make the decision.

Yours wolfishly,

The composed,

Wanderer**wand...@ticnet.com
Where am I going?I don't quite know.
What does it matter where people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow.
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I*don't know!

Wanderer

Jun 8, 2001, 4:38:34 AM6/8/01
My apologies, Moonwolf ... I assumed, given your low opinion of the entire
project, that you would make an excellent counter to my own fervor. Who,
then, would you suggest?

As for Phil Geusz, he's an author in Columbia, TN. He's an extremely honest
person, as far as I've been able to determine ... he works for Saturn, is a
former shop steward for his union, and writes wonderful stories. Do you
have any objection to him?

Yours wolfishly,

The replying,

Wanderer

Jun 8, 2001, 3:45:57 AM6/8/01
Ben Goodridge wrote in message ...

>I kind of hope it's ONLY one werewolf's opinion; I lost pretty much all
>faith in Heart's Dream when I had a chance to talk to Coyote Osborne about
>it in person...three years ago. This was after I'd been on the mailing list
>for two years.

<shrug> Like I said, it's just one werewolf's opinion. Personally, I could
do with the challenge ... but the decision isn't and cannot be, mine alone.

Yours wolfishly,

The accepting,

Kamatu

Jun 8, 2001, 6:43:15 AM6/8/01

> My apologies, Moonwolf ... I assumed, given your low opinion of the entire
> project, that you would make an excellent counter to my own fervor. Who,
> then, would you suggest?

You don't get it.
The Royal Family apparently doesn't want anything to do with your little
project.
I'll bet even suggestions are out of the question.

Why don't you just take this off AHWW for good?

> As for Phil Geusz, he's an author in Columbia, TN. He's an extremely
honest
> person, as far as I've been able to determine ... he works for Saturn, is
> former shop steward for his union, and writes wonderful stories. Do you
> have any objection to him?

I have objections to this whole scam.
Voting is already taking place.

http://www.ahww.org

Kamatu

Jun 8, 2001, 6:49:22 AM6/8/01

> Slappy, he's not doing anything against me, or against Ben, or even
against
> Heart's Dream.

You're having a hard time realizing Zenwolf has 223 aliases, arent' you?

> Let's be honest ...

ROTFLMAO!

If that's not the Con Man saying "Trust Me!", I don't know what is...

> Heart's Dream is a wonderful idea, but it'd take a lot
> of work to make it happen.

And in 5 years all you've managed to get done is... gee... nothing.
Problem is, you don't want to do the work, you want someone to do the work
for you.

> Sure, 900-some-odd dollars would buy land (I
> forgot to deduct the artist's cut before), provided we found a good price
> ... maybe even a goodly number of acres, provided we were willing to
handle
> all the "modern conveniences" ourselves (like latrines, say). But it'd
take
> a lot of hard labor by a determined workforce to make it happen.

I have 900 dollars, where is this bounty of land?
I don't even need a latrine, I can shit on a tree stump.

> Truthfully? I think we could do it.

Truthfully? I'll be glad when you are employed again.

> I've already completed research on
> alternative power sources, radiant heat and cooling, berm housing, and a
few
> hundred other possibilities.

Yeah, research doesn't cost anything.

> But that doesn't mean a thing unless a sizable
> chunk of the werecommunity wants, really *needs* to make it happen.
Without
> that level of dedication, it's a Biosphere ... limited resources rapidly
> depleted.

Like Wanderer's money after his last firing.

> Again, Heart's Dream is just my opinion. The final vote will draw on all
> members of the Werecommunity, of which I am a still, small voice howling
> from afar. You can tell what my vote will be ... but my vote is a single
> choice. It's the choices of everywere else that will make the decision.

Heart's Dream isn't even one of the choices.
Vote at http://www.ahww.org

KatmanDu

Jun 8, 2001, 3:42:50 PM6/8/01
On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 22:46:41 GMT, Lina Inverse <mak...@bestweb.net>
wrote:

**lots of points, snipped for brevity**

And pretty much every one of these points was discussed at one point
or another on the list, with many of the same conclusions.

>The hardest part should be to find a leader who is able to make
>decisions that won't be popular with all the contributors.

And there's the sticking point. Finding someone everyone trusts to
make decisions, in a group of independantly-minded people, who don't
live close enough to form the sort of trust that requires. HD, IMO,
will have to be started by an individual or very small group of
closely knit people. And then the cries of elitism will start...

KatmanDu

Jun 8, 2001, 3:49:44 PM6/8/01
On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 19:52:55 GMT, Lina Inverse <mak...@bestweb.net>
wrote:

>There is an ideal that I came up with years ago while watching james get
>hounded out of this group by people he called friends.

If this is Winterdreamer you're talking about, he seemed to me to
hound himself out of the group. I still do not know what I said or did
that caused him to decide that I was his enemy.

Lina Inverse

Jun 8, 2001, 4:46:33 PM6/8/01

KatmanDu wrote:

> On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 22:46:41 GMT, Lina Inverse <mak...@bestweb.net>
> wrote:
>
> **lots of points, snipped for brevity**
>
> And pretty much every one of these points was discussed at one point
> or another on the list, with many of the same conclusions.
>
> >The hardest part should be to find a leader who is able to make
> >decisions that won't be popular with all the contributors.
>
> And there's the sticking point. Finding someone everyone trusts to
> make decisions, in a group of independantly-minded people, who don't
> live close enough to form the sort of trust that requires. HD, IMO,
> will have to be started by an individual or very small group of
> closely knit people. And then the cries of elitism will start...

Yeah, but if they are doing, then who cares about the claims of elitism?
I mean, unless the members were going onto other groups and claiming
they were better weres for being a part of it, the claims would just be
bull.

> katm...@home.com - members.home.net/katmandu1 - katm...@arches.uga.edu
> "The rising moon faces the sickening sun as the lights in the tower blocks
> go on one by one. A big shot, overlooking this black iron skyline-
> surrounded by his symbols of prosperity- sits back in his new leather
> chair- ripped off the back of some unfortunate beast. I'm smiling
> through my teeth. Anybody can be a millionaire so everybody's gotta try;
> but by the laws of this human jungle, only the heartless will survive."
> -The The, "Twilight of a Champion"

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Anubis

Jun 8, 2001, 7:05:59 PM6/8/01

> On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 19:52:55 GMT, Lina Inverse <mak...@bestweb.net>
> wrote:
>

> >There is an ideal that I came up with years ago while watching james get
> >hounded out of this group by people he called friends.
>
> If this is Winterdreamer you're talking about, he seemed to me to
> hound himself out of the group. I still do not know what I said or did
> that caused him to decide that I was his enemy.

BECAUSE YUO AER A MEENY HEAD!!!!11!!! ALL KOPS AER MEANY HEADS!!!! YUO BUTS
POEPLE FOER SOMKING PAUT!!!
Anubis

Zen L Wolper

Jun 9, 2001, 12:29:22 AM6/9/01

> "Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in message
> > Slappy, he's not doing anything against me, or against Ben, or even
> against
> > Heart's Dream.
>
> You're having a hard time realizing Zenwolf has 223 aliases, arent' you?

*poke* 265 at last count Jimmy ;o)

> > Let's be honest ...
>
> ROTFLMAO!
>
> If that's not the Con Man saying "Trust Me!", I don't know what is...
>

> > Heart's Dream is a wonderful idea, but it'd take a lot
> > of work to make it happen.
>
> And in 5 years all you've managed to get done is... gee... nothing.
> Problem is, you don't want to do the work, you want someone to do the work
> for you.

Pay me 15$ an hour & I'll build Wanderer a cabin on some state land
somewhere...

> > Sure, 900-some-odd dollars would buy land (I
> > forgot to deduct the artist's cut before), provided we found a good
price
> > ... maybe even a goodly number of acres, provided we were willing to
> handle
> > all the "modern conveniences" ourselves (like latrines, say). But it'd
> take
> > a lot of hard labor by a determined workforce to make it happen.
> >

> I have 900 dollars, where is this bounty of land?
> I don't even need a latrine, I can shit on a tree stump.

Wipe yer ass w/ a rock...hmmmmm, must be nice...we had to use thistles...

> > Truthfully? I think we could do it.
>
> Truthfully? I'll be glad when you are employed again.

Truthfully? I'll be glad when I win the lotto...

> > I've already completed research on
> > alternative power sources, radiant heat and cooling, berm housing, and a
> few
> > hundred other possibilities.
>
> Yeah, research doesn't cost anything.

Yeah, being negative is cost-effective...

> > But that doesn't mean a thing unless a sizable
> > chunk of the werecommunity wants, really *needs* to make it happen.
> Without
> > that level of dedication, it's a Biosphere ... limited resources rapidly
> > depleted.
> >

> Like Wanderer's money after his last firing.

He's an author.You? Oh, thaaaaaaaat's right...yer an unemployed biker were
from joisey :o)

> > Again, Heart's Dream is just my opinion. The final vote will draw on
all
> > members of the Werecommunity, of which I am a still, small voice howling
> > from afar. You can tell what my vote will be ... but my vote is a
single
> > choice. It's the choices of everywere else that will make the decision.
> >

> Heart's Dream isn't even one of the choices.
> Vote at http://www.ahww.org

I did! GIMME TEH MUNNEY!!!!
ZL Wolper

barbara turner/ moonwolf

Jun 9, 2001, 6:35:31 AM6/9/01
Wanderer posted: >My apologies,

Moonwolf ... I assumed,
> given your low opinion of the entire
> project, that you would make an
> excellent counter to my own fervor.
> Who, then, would you suggest?

You know, when I first read this, my initial impulse was to rip out a
few handfuls of hair and scream "Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!" - after all, how
many times have I told this guy that I want /nothing/ to do with
this....and that includes making suggestions???!!! However, I have
decided to cut him a break and make a few suggestions, out of the
goodness of my heart. As far as a counter to his initiative, someone
with a low opinion of this, I suggest....Kamatu. After all, he already
has the voting booth set up!

>As for Phil Geusz, he's an author in
> Columbia, TN. He's an extremely
> honest person, as far as I've been able
> to determine ... he works for Saturn, is a
> former shop steward for his union, and
> writes wonderful stories. Do you have
> any objection to him?

OK,
this is not in any way a personal reflection on Mr. Geusz, as I have no
knowledge of him. But W., as proof of his honesty, you are citing that
A) he is an author who writes wonderful stories, B) he works for Saturn,
and C) he is a former shop steward for his union. Sorry, but for some
reason, none of these attributes convinces me of his personal honesty
and integrity. Why? Well, I will explain: A) an author who
writes wonderful stories. When I (and the world<G>) was young, an author
was someone who not only wrote a good story, but got paid money for it
and saw it published in magazines, newspapers or books. Then that
concept devolved into someone who could also get paid in copies of the
publication. Then, it was anyone getting published in any forum,
including fanzines. Now, an author is someone who writes something that
someone else reads. "Authors" are now a penny a dozen; everyone on the
internet is an author. Of all the weres I have met online, all are
either an author or an artist or sometimes both. Let us also recall
that being an author does not automatically mean that someone is of good
character - does the name "Jack Abbott" ring a bell here? Even
published paid authors are as likely as anyone else to be prone to
dishonest and criminal acts; yes, even authors who "write wonderful
stories"
B"works for Saturn": this is SO vague! Doing what? Why is this a
yardstick to his honesty? C)
"a former shop steward for his union": if you will check the Gallup
Poll site, you will learn the following: that, as far as the public
rating professions for their honesty, ethics and integrity, the lowest
rating was given to car salesmen. Next lowest were lawyers, followed by
labor union leaders. So I do not feel out of line to believe that being
in a high position in the union does not mean someone has high ethics
and integrity. In
short, one could probably go through the local phone directory and
randomly pick a number of people who would be just as well - or better?
- qualified that Mr. Geusz to be the final arbiter of these votes. Once
again, this is not a personal attack on him; rather, it is an evaluation
of the characteristics W. has presented as indicative of someone having
high ethical values and honesty.
Moonwolf, once again attempting to wash her paws clean of the whole
business.....

Werebat

Jun 9, 2001, 9:12:30 PM6/9/01
Ben Goodridge wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > Hey, if everywere's fine with that, sure.:) Truthfully, I keep hoping
> that
> > Heart's Dream will go somewhere, but ... <shrug> that's just one
> werewolf's
> > opinion.

Hey, my family owns over 60 acres of land in New Hampshire. FORESTED
land (and swamp), on a river no less. One day I'll get my share of it,
and if I played my cards right I could buy out the cousins. But... For
a commune? With people who I don't even KNOW?

See... What would end up happening when people did stuff I didn't WANT
them to do? Would I excercise my rights as landowner to evict them?
What arguments would THAT cause?

Too much of a headache.

- Ron ^*^

PixelWig

Jun 9, 2001, 9:27:24 PM6/9/01
Hey Ron.

We'll close on the land in WV the end of this month, but I don't see it as
commune material.

NH was pretty cool. Remember running up Mt. Washington? We're thinking of
packing into NH and/or ME early fall is the cabin still there? Leave the door
open. ;)

Get any time off this summer to make it into MD?

-David

Werebat

Jun 9, 2001, 9:51:45 PM6/9/01
PixelWig wrote:

> Hey Ron.

Heya Dave. Funny how Kamatu took the bait so quickly, eh? :^)

> We'll close on the land in WV the end of this month, but I don't see it as
> commune material.

:^)

> NH was pretty cool. Remember running up Mt. Washington?

I did no such thing. I WALKED. If I'da been able to fly, maybe things
would have been different. :^)

> We're thinking of
> packing into NH and/or ME early fall is the cabin still there? Leave the door
> open. ;)

Dave, we are all planning a big trip sometime this summer. What time is
good for you and Kat? I could work around it.

This really belongs on e-mail though!

> Get any time off this summer to make it into MD?

Perhaps. I'm really not sure. Still working on the end of the school
year here. I'd like to make it to the zoo this time!

> -David

- Ron ^*^

Werebat

Jun 9, 2001, 10:05:04 PM6/9/01
KatmanDu wrote:

> On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 19:52:55 GMT, Lina Inverse <mak...@bestweb.net>
> wrote:
>
> >There is an ideal that I came up with years ago while watching james get
> >hounded out of this group by people he called friends.
>
> If this is Winterdreamer you're talking about, he seemed to me to
> hound himself out of the group. I still do not know what I said or did
> that caused him to decide that I was his enemy.

Heya, Katmandu! How're things?

- Ron ^*^

Kamatu

Jun 10, 2001, 3:25:58 AM6/10/01

"Werebat" <ronpo...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> PixelWig wrote:
> >
> > Hey Ron.
>
> Heya Dave. Funny how Kamatu took the bait so quickly, eh? :^)

Now there's a lame you don't see on Usenet often.
*yawn*

> > We'll close on the land in WV the end of this month, but I don't see it
as
> > commune material.
>
> :^)

More *yawn* material.
Looks like the bland leading the blind.

> > NH was pretty cool. Remember running up Mt. Washington?
>
> I did no such thing. I WALKED. If I'da been able to fly, maybe things
> would have been different. :^)

Yeah, you would have been a real were and people would have cared when you
ran away from here.

> > We're thinking of
> > packing into NH and/or ME early fall is the cabin still there? Leave
the door
> > open. ;)
>
> Dave, we are all planning a big trip sometime this summer. What time is
> good for you and Kat? I could work around it.
>
> This really belongs on e-mail though!

No shit, thanks for coming back to trash up this newsgroup with off topic
postings and flames.

> > Get any time off this summer to make it into MD?
>
> Perhaps. I'm really not sure. Still working on the end of the school
> year here. I'd like to make it to the zoo this time!

Gee, all these years and still in High School?
Pity.

Werebat

Jun 10, 2001, 8:44:25 AM6/10/01
Kamatu wrote:

> "Werebat" <ronpo...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > PixelWig wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey Ron.
> >
> > Heya Dave. Funny how Kamatu took the bait so quickly, eh? :^)
> >

> Now there's a lame you don't see on Usenet often.
> *yawn*

Excessive yawning is, of course, a sign of a wolf's impending fall within
the heirarchy of the pack.

> > > We'll close on the land in WV the end of this month, but I don't see it
> as
> > > commune material.
> >
> > :^)
> >

> More *yawn* material.
> Looks like the bland leading the blind.

There's that yawn again! :^)

> > I did no such thing. I WALKED. If I'da been able to fly, maybe things
> > would have been different. :^)
> >

> Yeah, you would have been a real were and people would have cared when you
> ran away from here.

Ran away from WHO, and WHAT, exactly?

It is possible, just possible Kamatu, that real life interfered with my
ability to post on Usenet. You know, real life? That thing YOU avoid?

> > > We're thinking of
> > > packing into NH and/or ME early fall is the cabin still there? Leave
> the door
> > > open. ;)
> >
> > Dave, we are all planning a big trip sometime this summer. What time is
> > good for you and Kat? I could work around it.
> >
> > This really belongs on e-mail though!
> >

> No shit, thanks for coming back to trash up this newsgroup with off topic
> postings and flames.

The only flamer I see here is you.

> > > Get any time off this summer to make it into MD?
> >
> > Perhaps. I'm really not sure. Still working on the end of the school
> > year here. I'd like to make it to the zoo this time!
> >

> Gee, all these years and still in High School?

It's called work. You know, a job? For income? Oh, you wouldn't
understand.

> Pity.

I do, indeed, pity you. Whelp.

> --
> Eats-own-poo
> Jester of AHWW
> http://www.ahww.net
> And clown of AHWW
> http://www.ahww.org

- Ron ^*^

Kamatu

Jun 10, 2001, 4:40:48 PM6/10/01

"Werebat" <ronpo...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Ah the "get a life" lame....

Leave
> > the door
> > >
> > > Dave, we are all planning a big trip sometime this summer. What time
is
> > > good for you and Kat? I could work around it.
> > >
> > > This really belongs on e-mail though!
> > >

> > No shit, thanks for coming back to trash up this newsgroup with off
topic
> > postings and flames.
>
> The only flamer I see here is you.

followed by denial.

> > > Perhaps. I'm really not sure. Still working on the end of the school
> > > year here. I'd like to make it to the zoo this time!
> > >

> > Gee, all these years and still in High School?
>
> It's called work. You know, a job? For income? Oh, you wouldn't
> understand.
>
> > Pity.
>
> I do, indeed, pity you. Whelp.
>
> > --
> > Eats-own-poo
> > Jester of AHWW
> > http://www.ahww.net
> > And clown of AHWW
> > http://www.ahww.org
>
> - Ron ^*^

Oh look everyone, he changed my sig, an old Meower tactic and one used
repeatedly by Zenwolf.

How cute.

Muttley

Jun 10, 2001, 10:26:48 PM6/10/01

Kamatu <nq...@nujj.arg> wrote in message
Yeah..but I gave it up when _everyone_ started using it...

> How cute.

& amusing ;o)
Muttly

Lina Inverse

Jun 11, 2001, 3:30:55 PM6/11/01

Ummmm, who asked you to? Do you have a problem with making excuses for
questions you were never asked?

--
Safari D. Whitelion

ElectricDogPolisher

Jun 11, 2001, 5:07:54 PM6/11/01

"Lina Inverse" <mak...@bestweb.net> wrote in message

Vance..yer slowing down.This half hearted attempt at a flame isnt worth the
pixels on my laptop....whats up buddy? RL getting you down?You can share w/
us...yer among friends ;o)
EDP

Werebat

Jun 11, 2001, 6:21:49 PM6/11/01
Lina Inverse wrote:

> > Hey, my family owns over 60 acres of land in New Hampshire. FORESTED
> > land (and swamp), on a river no less. One day I'll get my share of it,
> > and if I played my cards right I could buy out the cousins. But... For
> > a commune? With people who I don't even KNOW?
> >
> > See... What would end up happening when people did stuff I didn't WANT
> > them to do? Would I excercise my rights as landowner to evict them?
> > What arguments would THAT cause?
> >
> > Too much of a headache.
>
> Ummmm, who asked you to?

Who asked YOU to open that sweaty pecker holster you call a mouth?

> Do you have a problem with making excuses for
> questions you were never asked?

Do you have a problem with using the English language properly?

- Ron ^*^

Kamatu

Jun 11, 2001, 7:45:13 PM6/11/01

"Werebat" <ronpo...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Sentence construction lame!
Sentence construction lame!

Move back 3 tiles.

> - Ron ^*^

Lina Inverse

Jun 11, 2001, 8:29:24 PM6/11/01

Werebat wrote:

> Lina Inverse wrote:
>
> > > Hey, my family owns over 60 acres of land in New Hampshire. FORESTED
> > > land (and swamp), on a river no less. One day I'll get my share of it,
> > > and if I played my cards right I could buy out the cousins. But... For
> > > a commune? With people who I don't even KNOW?
> > >
> > > See... What would end up happening when people did stuff I didn't WANT
> > > them to do? Would I excercise my rights as landowner to evict them?
> > > What arguments would THAT cause?
> > >
> > > Too much of a headache.
> >
> > Ummmm, who asked you to?
>
> Who asked YOU to open that sweaty pecker holster you call a mouth?

A cum guzzling gutter slut. Gee, I hope that isn't the best you can do.
I have been called so much worse :)

> > Do you have a problem with making excuses for
> > questions you were never asked?
>
> Do you have a problem with using the English language properly?

I do it just to piss you off :) Have a nice day, and thanks for bowing
to the princess.

Werebat

Jun 11, 2001, 8:30:20 PM6/11/01
Kamatu wrote:

> "Werebat" <ronpo...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > Do you have a problem with using the English language properly?

> Sentence construction lame!
> Sentence construction lame!

Calling a flame a "lame" lame!
Calling a flame a "lame" lame!

> Move back 3 tiles.

Shove three tiles up your ass!

- Ron ^*^

General Ironwulf

Jun 11, 2001, 8:53:14 PM6/11/01
Lina Inverse wrote:

> Werebat wrote:

> > > Ummmm, who asked you to?
> >
> > Who asked YOU to open that sweaty pecker holster you call a mouth?
>
> A cum guzzling gutter slut. Gee, I hope that isn't the best you can do.
> I have been called so much worse :)

He really lacks creativity, doesn't he? And the foul mouth is the final
straw.

> > > Do you have a problem with making excuses for
> > > questions you were never asked?
> >
> > Do you have a problem with using the English language properly?
>
> I do it just to piss you off :) Have a nice day, and thanks for bowing
> to the princess.

I do wish you would refrain from baiting him further... But given the
choice I would prefer that he leave and you stay. I can't stand these
elitist "oldtimers" who think they have one over on everyone.

Hey, Ron -- your old gaggle of buds is GONE! Turned tail and FLED! They
have no power here and neither do you.

Sad!

General Ironwulf

Lina Inverse

Jun 12, 2001, 4:33:45 PM6/12/01

Werebat wrote:

> Kamatu wrote:
> >
> > "Werebat" <ronpo...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
> > > Do you have a problem with using the English language properly?
> > >

> > Sentence construction lame!
> > Sentence construction lame!
>
> Calling a flame a "lame" lame!
> Calling a flame a "lame" lame!

Could you whine a bit louder, the people laughing at you make it hard to
hear your pathetic attempts. Thanks a bunch.

> > Move back 3 tiles.
>
> Shove three tiles up your ass!

This is far more information about what you do with your spare time than
I ever wanted to know.

Lina Inverse

Jun 12, 2001, 4:52:24 PM6/12/01

General Ironwulf wrote:

> Lina Inverse wrote:
> >
> > Werebat wrote:

> > > Who asked YOU to open that sweaty pecker holster you call a mouth?
> >
> > A cum guzzling gutter slut. Gee, I hope that isn't the best you can do.
> > I have been called so much worse :)
>
> He really lacks creativity, doesn't he? And the foul mouth is the final
> straw.

Who are you?

> > > Do you have a problem with using the English language properly?
> >
> > I do it just to piss you off :) Have a nice day, and thanks for bowing
> > to the princess.
>
> I do wish you would refrain from baiting him further... But given the
> choice I would prefer that he leave and you stay. I can't stand these
> elitist "oldtimers" who think they have one over on everyone.

Yes, very nice, who are you?

> Hey, Ron -- your old gaggle of buds is GONE! Turned tail and FLED! They
> have no power here and neither do you.

Yes, because of me, and again I ask who are you?

Oh wait, just another wannabe powerfule netkop.

Sorry, I don't need help from some schmuck I don't know, and you can get
the hell off my coat tail. Nothing I can't stand more than some yapping
prick who wants to pretend he is on my side.

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Sleet

Jun 12, 2001, 10:27:28 PM6/12/01

Lina Inverse <mak...@bestweb.net> wrote in message

Might be the same guy...*g*

> > > I do it just to piss you off :) Have a nice day, and thanks for bowing
> > > to the princess.
> >
> > I do wish you would refrain from baiting him further... But given the
> > choice I would prefer that he leave and you stay. I can't stand these
> > elitist "oldtimers" who think they have one over on everyone.
>
> Yes, very nice, who are you?

Rons other sock ;o)

> > Hey, Ron -- your old gaggle of buds is GONE! Turned tail and FLED!
They
> > have no power here and neither do you.
>
> Yes, because of me, and again I ask who are you?

Oh com on Vance..yer not that powerful..

> Oh wait, just another wannabe powerfule netkop.

I h8's teh netkopps!

> Sorry, I don't need help from some schmuck I don't know, and you can get
> the hell off my coat tail. Nothing I can't stand more than some yapping
> prick who wants to pretend he is on my side.

Huh? did you say you're gonna start slapping my dick? *unsheaths* go for
it...
Maybe Jimmy can do his whois thingy on Genral Ironass...or go here
www.neoworx.com for a vewsion of Neo-Trace Pro 3.01

Sleet

Wanderer

Jun 18, 2001, 3:25:22 AM6/18/01
<snip>

Well, point by point:

1. While Kamatu may seem, at first blush, my opposite number, the fact is
that he does not wish me to communicate with him. Any attempt to write him
is instantly posted to the newsgroup, accompanied by language unsuitable for
polite company, personal attacks, and general screaming indicative of having
a large knitting needle inserted just below the mons pubis. If you can get
actual speech out of him, by all means, do so. I cannot.

On similar grounds, I must forestall any suggestion of Safari Denvarion
Whitelion as votecounter. Given the number of online identities he uses in
a day, I don't really consider him all that trustworthy (and before you
bring it up, I sha'n't exempt ZW on those grounds, either).

Perhaps Katmandu would be appropriate? After all, he doesn't believe
Heart's Dream would work, anyway ... Kat, are you willing?

2. Obviously, I was unclear. The information I posted on Phil Geusz was
meant to be descriptive, not indicative of his honesty. My main point in
suggesting Mr. Geusz was to refer the problem to a disinterested party, one
who had no stake in the outcome at all and would thus have no pertinent
reason for skewing the vote. Still, perhaps you have a demonstrably honest
individual in mind?

Yours truly,

The composed,

Wanderer**wand...@ticnet.com
Where am I going?I don't quite know.
What does it matter where people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow.
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I*don't know!

Kamatu

Jun 18, 2001, 7:49:59 AM6/18/01

> <snip>
>
> Well, point by point:
>
> 1. While Kamatu may seem, at first blush, my opposite number, the
> fact is that he does not wish me to communicate with him.

He killfiled me.
Whiner.
Actually, I don't wish you to communicate with anyone.
Scammer.

> Any attempt to write him
> is instantly posted to the newsgroup,

I asked him to stop writing his bullshit to me, I thought it only
fair, if he was going to trash people, he did it publicly. I don't
play those Real Were games of backstabbing.

> accompanied by language unsuitable for
> polite company, personal attacks, and general screaming indicative
> of having a large knitting needle inserted just below the mons
> pubis. If you can get actual speech out of him, by all means, do
> so. I cannot.

Fuck you, you white-trash cocksucking motherfucker.

> On similar grounds, I must forestall any suggestion of Safari
> Denvarion Whitelion as votecounter. Given the number of online
> identities he uses in a day,

Which would be 1.

> I don't really consider him all that trustworthy (and before you
> bring it up, I sha'n't exempt ZW on those grounds, either).

Don't you mean "shall"?

> Perhaps Katmandu would be appropriate? After all, he doesn't
> believe Heart's Dream would work, anyway ... Kat, are you willing?

Why would anyone with a full brain capacity want to get involved in
your little scam already?
You have 27 participants, in your mind, why not use one of them? No
one else really seems to care. (Just make sure you make public the
financial reports of your organization, because all of your "were
community" members want to know just how much money we are all
splitting up)

> 2. Obviously, I was unclear. The information I posted on Phil
> Geusz was meant to be descriptive, not indicative of his honesty.
> My main point in suggesting Mr. Geusz was to refer the problem to a
> disinterested party, one who had no stake in the outcome at all and
> would thus have no pertinent reason for skewing the vote.

You could have picked one of thousands if you were looking for
disinterest.

> Still, perhaps you have a demonstrably honest
> individual in mind?

Timothy McVeigh?
Nah, too late for that....

> Yours truly,
>
> The composed,
>
> Wanderer**wand...@ticnet.com
> Where am I going?I don't quite know.
> What does it matter where people go?
> Down to the woods where the bluebells grow.
> Anywhere! Anywhere! *I*don't know!

Moron.

KatmanDu

Jun 18, 2001, 11:21:44 AM6/18/01
<wand...@ticnet.com> wrote:\n"

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 02:25:22 -0500, "Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com>
wrote:

>Perhaps Katmandu would be appropriate? After all, he doesn't believe
>Heart's Dream would work, anyway

Perhaps there is some misunderstanding. I haven't said that HD would
never work- just that it's going to take A) one very motivated,
financially solvent individual, or B) a small group who are close
enough geographically to form the bonds of trust necessary for such a
venture.

Cypherwulf

Jun 18, 2001, 11:36:36 AM6/18/01

> <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote:\n"
>
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 02:25:22 -0500, "Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Perhaps Katmandu would be appropriate? After all, he doesn't believe
> >Heart's Dream would work, anyway
>
> Perhaps there is some misunderstanding. I haven't said that HD would
> never work- just that it's going to take A) one very motivated,
> financially solvent individual, or B) a small group who are close
> enough geographically to form the bonds of trust necessary for such a
> venture.

Hearts Dream wouldn't work the way it is. I don't think any of us could
stand to be around some of the people who might come. I think, what would be
a better idea, is to just have a commune thing for the ones you care about
only.

--

, , Hisses and howls,
,0 0, Cypherwulf

, ,
,0 0, boo...@starpower.net
0| |0 http://www.angelfire.com/md2/lycanthropia/index.html
|___| "They misunderestemated me."
\ / -George W. Bush
0
'

Kamatu

Jun 18, 2001, 2:29:32 PM6/18/01

Wanderer

Jun 20, 2001, 12:26:16 AM6/20/01
KatmanDu wrote in message ...

>Perhaps there is some misunderstanding. I haven't said that HD would
>never work- just that it's going to take A) one very motivated,
>financially solvent individual, or B) a small group who are close
>enough geographically to form the bonds of trust necessary for such a
>venture.

Oop ... sorry, Kat. <blush> I'm afraid I misunderstood one of your

Yours wolfishly,

The erroneous,

Kamatu

Jun 20, 2001, 1:30:52 AM6/20/01

> KatmanDu wrote in message ...
> >Perhaps there is some misunderstanding. I haven't said that HD would
> >never work- just that it's going to take A) one very motivated,
> >financially solvent individual, or B) a small group who are close
> >enough geographically to form the bonds of trust necessary for such a
> >venture.
>
> Oop ... sorry, Kat. <blush> I'm afraid I misunderstood one of your

which you do conveniently all the time...