[INFO] The Therians' Campfire

Razza Wolf

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Howls all,

I finally got permission to post some information on our new mailing
list, in case any folks here are interested in joining.

First of all what is this list and who is it for?

This list is a place for the serious (and not so serious) discussion of
therianthropy, it is for those that not only call themselves weres, but
actually are, and those that are who do not use the word were.

This is very strongly united group, a bridge between Lyc and WereNet,
AHWW, WereMail and the other communities. We have many members from
both Europe and the USA, as well as Australia and beyond!

The 340+ mails we have had so far are a true demonstration of this
diversity, but don't take my word for it, see for yourself! You can
read all the emails sent to the group so far, sorted by thread (or
however you prefer) in the on-line archive, just visit the URL at
the end of this letter.

Campfire is a moderated list (the responsibility of this is split
between 3 people to make it as fair as possible). The rules we
enforce are simple, and largely common sense and ensure that the
list always runs smoothly.

Its really a great place to meet new people, learn and share your
experiences with others.

For information on joining the list visit the FAQ URL below.

If you have further questions please check the FAQ (URL) below for
information on contacting the help staff or administrators.

Razza, Northfox, BearX
--

Main FAQ and mini FAQs
http://thelair.lycanthrope.org/group/index.html

On-line archives
http://www.lycanthrope.org/pipermail/campfire/1999-December/thread.html

Cougar

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
On 13-Dec-1999, Razza Wolf <rl...@pcjhba.penb.stunet.aber.ac.uk> wrote:

> Howls all,
>
> I finally got permission to post some information on our new mailing
> list, in case any folks here are interested in joining.
>
> First of all what is this list and who is it for?
>
> This list is a place for the serious (and not so serious) discussion of
> therianthropy, it is for those that not only call themselves weres, but
> actually are, and those that are who do not use the word were.

Who shall determine whom is actually a were, and on what basis shall this
determination be made?

--
Cougar

Razza Wolf

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99

If we are unsure of someone we will request that they send a were card
or
another means of introduction to the admin.
Of course this system isn't water tight, we know that, but it has been
successful so far and we have only had to refuse subscription once.

Razza
--
--------------------------------< http://thelair.lycanthrope.org >---

Golden moon above my head,
How sweet you seem to me.
I howl to you my mournful song,
Of comrades and foes long gone.

---< razza...@yahoo.com >------------------------------------------

Kamatu

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99

Razza Wolf <rl...@pcjhba.penb.stunet.aber.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Cougar wrote:
> >
> > On 13-Dec-1999, Razza Wolf <rl...@pcjhba.penb.stunet.aber.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Howls all,
> > >
> > > I finally got permission to post some information on our new mailing
> > > list, in case any folks here are interested in joining.
> > >
> > > First of all what is this list and who is it for?
> > >
> > > This list is a place for the serious (and not so serious) discussion
of
> > > therianthropy, it is for those that not only call themselves weres,
but
> > > actually are, and those that are who do not use the word were.
> >
> > Who shall determine whom is actually a were, and on what basis shall
this
> > determination be made?
>
> If we are unsure of someone we will request that they send a were card
> or
> another means of introduction to the admin.
> Of course this system isn't water tight, we know that, but it has been
> successful so far and we have only had to refuse subscription once.

I have a werecard.
Can I join?

This is just silly, Razza I know you think I have some personal vendetta
against you,
but the truth of the matter is you, or anyone else for that matter, are
trying to choose
who can and can not be considered "were" enough to associate with you.

I'd personally much rather be in a place like AHWW or Lycanthropes Lair,
where
discussions are amongst everybody, on every conceivable subject, with every
possible
viewpoint.

Heaven forbid I should ever consider myself "were" enough to make a list and
decide who could post on it.

--
Kamatu

and, if you are not going to remove reference to The Canging Times from your
link page, as I have requested, please do not lie about the site being down.
Either reactivate the link or remove it from your pages.

All reference to Were Radio and The Lair at TCT are active links so people
can make up their own minds.

Cougar

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99

On 13-Dec-1999, Razza Wolf <rl...@pcjhba.penb.stunet.aber.ac.uk> wrote:

> Cougar wrote:
> >
> > On 13-Dec-1999, Razza Wolf <rl...@pcjhba.penb.stunet.aber.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Howls all,
> > >
> > > I finally got permission to post some information on our new mailing
> > > list, in case any folks here are interested in joining.
> > >
> > > First of all what is this list and who is it for?
> > >
> > > This list is a place for the serious (and not so serious) discussion
> > > of
> > > therianthropy, it is for those that not only call themselves weres,
> > > but
> > > actually are, and those that are who do not use the word were.
> >
> > Who shall determine whom is actually a were, and on what basis shall
> > this
> > determination be made?
>
> If we are unsure of someone we will request that they send a were card
> or
> another means of introduction to the admin.
> Of course this system isn't water tight, we know that, but it has been
> successful so far and we have only had to refuse subscription once.

What difference does a were card make? How can anyone say someone is an
'actual' were or not? Just about the only way to say someone is an 'actual'
were is if they sprout fur/feathers/scales right in front of your eyes. Even
then, one cannot rightly say anyone who doesn't physically shift isn't an
'actual' were, because none of us really know if only a limited number of
people can physically shift, or if shapechanging is a skill anyone can
learn.

Any method one can come up with to determine whom is an 'actual' were is
likely not really valid, and in truth is only useful as a tool in the
politics of exclusion. It doesn't matter if someone are an 'actual' were or
not, it only matters if people like and/or believe them. I don't know
whether this little mailing list would be better described as a clique or a
cult, but either way it stinks of politics. It also sounds like precisely
the sort of environment Pinky wants, provided she's the final judge on who
is legit.

--
Cougar

Razza Wolf

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Cougar wrote:
> What difference does a were card make? How can anyone say someone is an
> 'actual' were or not? Just about the only way to say someone is an 'actual'
> were is if they sprout fur/feathers/scales right in front of your eyes. Even
> then, one cannot rightly say anyone who doesn't physically shift isn't an
> 'actual' were, because none of us really know if only a limited number of
> people can physically shift, or if shapechanging is a skill anyone can
> learn.
>
> Any method one can come up with to determine whom is an 'actual' were is
> likely not really valid, and in truth is only useful as a tool in the
> politics of exclusion. It doesn't matter if someone are an 'actual' were or
> not, it only matters if people like and/or believe them. I don't know
> whether this little mailing list would be better described as a clique or a
> cult, but either way it stinks of politics. It also sounds like precisely
> the sort of environment Pinky wants, provided she's the final judge on who
> is legit.

You misunderstand, the things looked for in a werecard are the age and
the part about personal therianthropy. If the person 15 or younger then
we may consider not placing them on the list simply because some of the
material on there is not suitable for persons that young.

If the personal therianthropy section goes on to portray the person
as a p-shifter for example the chances again drop that the person is
actually a therian. People can always appeal if they think they have
been unfairly treated with.

There are no exact criteria other than that, it is based upon a group
decision made by the three admins and if necessary the help staff.

Honestly the way you write you make it sound like there is some kind
of huge conspiracy going on! :)

This world ain't perfect, neither am I or the list which I help run.
No doubt mistakes will be made, but we will do our best to make sure
everyone is fairly treated.

If you don't like moderated lists then don't go there, but of course,
don't judge it till you have seen it with your own eyes.

Razza Wolf

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
It occurred to me I should clarify point;

I guess I should not write mails so late at night, when I say real were
I mean someone who is not a role-player. These are normally very easy
to pick out and we don't expect to have any problems.

Razza

Jaue Lang

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
In message <38555450...@pcjhba.penb.stunet.aber.ac.uk> - Razza Wolf
<rl...@pcjhba.penb.stunet.aber.ac.uk> writes:
:>
:>You misunderstand, the things looked for in a werecard are the age and

:>the part about personal therianthropy. If the person 15 or younger then
:>we may consider not placing them on the list simply because some of the
:>material on there is not suitable for persons that young.
:>
:>If the personal therianthropy section goes on to portray the person
:>as a p-shifter for example the chances again drop that the person is
:>actually a therian. People can always appeal if they think they have
:>been unfairly treated with.

So, if you are too young or you admit you pshift, then you probably won't be
admitted.

I am with Cougar on this to some extent. I mean, if I had not found out that
my name was on your hate list, I would have gladly gone and tried out your
endeavours. But, between Pinky's email and your postings here, and Xain's
efforts, you have effectively ensured that I can remain on your hate list.

How do other weres here know if they are not on your hate list too. After
all, you only published those that were most "hated"!

:>There are no exact criteria other than that, it is based upon a group

:>decision made by the three admins and if necessary the help staff.

And, so, now the million dollar question: Can I join your group?

:>Honestly the way you write you make it sound like there is some kind

:>of huge conspiracy going on! :)

You started the "my efforts are those of real weres" whatever that means, and
so, it is not fair that you accuse us of this.

___ _/\_ ______ ____ ___ ___ ___ __ ______ ____
|| | || || || (( || \\ || \\ || || ||

Jaue Lang

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
In message <833fq...@news2.newsguy.com> - "Kamatu"
<kam...@thechangingtimes.com>Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:50:59 -0500 writes:
:>
:>
:>and, if you are not going to remove reference to The Canging Times from your

:>link page, as I have requested, please do not lie about the site being down.
:>Either reactivate the link or remove it from your pages.
:>
:>All reference to Were Radio and The Lair at TCT are active links so people
:>can make up their own minds.

Oh, Razza. Is this true?

Pinky, Razza and Uath are attempting dissolution in what has become a
peaceful newsgroup, finally once again, and with herculean disruptive
efforts, no doubt all part of the scheme to make their efforts appear
better. Maybe if they make it bad enough here, weres will go to them.

Kamatu

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Cougar <the.c...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> What difference does a were card make? How can anyone say someone is an
> 'actual' were or not? Just about the only way to say someone is an
'actual'
> were is if they sprout fur/feathers/scales right in front of your eyes.
Even
> then, one cannot rightly say anyone who doesn't physically shift isn't an
> 'actual' were, because none of us really know if only a limited number of
> people can physically shift, or if shapechanging is a skill anyone can
> learn.
>
> Any method one can come up with to determine whom is an 'actual' were is
> likely not really valid, and in truth is only useful as a tool in the
> politics of exclusion. It doesn't matter if someone are an 'actual' were
or
> not, it only matters if people like and/or believe them. I don't know
> whether this little mailing list would be better described as a clique or
> cult, but either way it stinks of politics. It also sounds like precisely
> the sort of environment Pinky wants, provided she's the final judge on who
> is legit.

Head - Wall - Bang - Bang - Bang.

--
Kamatu

Kamatu

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99

> Yes my efforts are for real weres, rather than fake weres and
> non weres, and canned get two for free weres.

how's the air way up there in that Ivory Tower?

--
Kamatu
http://www.thechangingtimes.com

Razza Wolf

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Jaue Lang wrote:

> In message <38555450...@pcjhba.penb.stunet.aber.ac.uk> - Razza Wolf
> <rl...@pcjhba.penb.stunet.aber.ac.uk> writes:
> :>
> :>You misunderstand, the things looked for in a werecard are the age and
> :>the part about personal therianthropy. If the person 15 or younger then
> :>we may consider not placing them on the list simply because some of the
> :>material on there is not suitable for persons that young.
> :>
> :>If the personal therianthropy section goes on to portray the person
> :>as a p-shifter for example the chances again drop that the person is
> :>actually a therian. People can always appeal if they think they have
> :>been unfairly treated with.
>
> So, if you are too young or you admit you pshift, then you probably won't be
> admitted.

I have had several letters from folks who have claimed to p-shift (not
in relation to this list), some are more believable than others.
If someone can p-shift in real life, and I mean really p-shift,
they are not going to be stupid enough to say so on their introductory
post/werecard now are they? I won't insult your intelligence by
explaining that one further.

As for age, well its more a maturity thing, but for the same reason you
wouldn't let a 12 year old see an 18 movie I think its perhaps best
to keep the minors off till they have a bit more hair and a broader
view of the world :) Also a lot of the content would be way over
their heads, I mean I'm having enough trouble trying to work out some
of the concepts and ideas being put forward :)

> I am with Cougar on this to some extent. I mean, if I had not found out that
> my name was on your hate list, I would have gladly gone and tried out your
> endeavours. But, between Pinky's email and your postings here, and Xain's
> efforts, you have effectively ensured that I can remain on your hate list.
>
> How do other weres here know if they are not on your hate list too. After
> all, you only published those that were most "hated"!

If that was anyone's 'hate' list it was Pinky's not mine. For the one
billionth
time I had nothing to do with the email or the project when Pinky took
over it.
I did not see the list until it was posted on to AHWW.

Actually I don't hate any weres at all, there are a few people I don't
much care for here at Uni but other than that, I'm a happy wolfy.

> :>There are no exact criteria other than that, it is based upon a group
> :>decision made by the three admins and if necessary the help staff.
>
> And, so, now the million dollar question: Can I join your group?

Sure you can, we would be glad to see you on there :) Cougar is welcome
to join
as well if he likes.

> :>Honestly the way you write you make it sound like there is some kind
> :>of huge conspiracy going on! :)
>
> You started the "my efforts are those of real weres" whatever that means, and
> so, it is not fair that you accuse us of this.

Eh? Where in the wild blue yonder was that one plucked from?

Yes my efforts are for real weres, rather than fake weres and
non weres, and canned get two for free weres.

Razza

Jaue Lang

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
In message <833o8...@news2.newsguy.com> - "Kamatu"
<kam...@thechangingtimes.com> writes:
:>
:>Cougar <the.c...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
:>news:833ias$sl4$1...@nntp8.atl.mindspring.net...

Cougar, we know

:>Head - Wall - Bang - Bang - Bang.

Brick Wall - head - wall - bang - bang - bang

Isn't that how they did it.

Pinky, Razza, Uath & gang placed me on their hate list. I will not be
allowed in their private club. They insinuate that those who are not
with them are against them. Oh, well, guess I lose! May I gain more
strength from their actions against me, for I travel not from fear!!!

___ _/\_ ______ ____ ___ ___ ___ __ ______ ____
|| | || || || (( || \\ || \\ || || ||

Threats are not tools for instruction: http://web.ionsys.com/~jaue

Jaue Lang

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
In message <38559126...@pcjhba.penb.stunet.aber.ac.uk> - Razza Wolf
<rl...@pcjhba.penb.stunet.aber.ac.uk> writes:
:>
:>Sure you can, we would be glad to see you on there :) Cougar is welcome

:>to join as well if he likes.

Step #1 put me on the list.

I will be honest. If what you do is good, I will honestly tell you.

If I am not interested, I will politely go away.

Step #2 I have a fanatical sense of fairplay.

Zenwolf1960

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
>From: "Kamatu">Head - Wall - Bang - Bang - Bang.

DITTOS,LOL!
Zen

Cougar

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99

http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=140920885

--
Cougar

Kamatu

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
> > I have had several letters from folks who have claimed to p-shift (not
> > in relation to this list), some are more believable than others.
> > If someone can p-shift in real life, and I mean really p-shift,
> > they are not going to be stupid enough to say so on their introductory
> > post/werecard now are they? I won't insult your intelligence by
> > explaining that one further.
>
> http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=140920885

ROTFLMAO!

That was beautiful.
Brought tears to my eyes (from laughter).

You'd think as much time Razza spent "checking out therianthropy sites"
he would have known about this.

ROTFLMAO!

Yes, oh great "on-air" werewolf and "space-doggie" sidekick, please lead us
down
the path to true "wereness"...

ROTFLMAO!

--