Hmmmmmm....

jak...@nntp.best.com

May 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/27/96

From rap...@it.com.au Mon May 27 04:33:28 1996
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 19:16:15 +0800 (WST)
From: Sungmanitu Tanka Nahon Raphiel <rap...@it.com.au>
To: Bender <jak...@best.com>
Subject: Re: your mail

> Hmmm, lets see: Leo likes me, Reemul likes me, SilverFur,
> SteelWolf, Rayven, Tailwaver, Fenris, Kreger, Oso, Techwolf, Sylffor,
> Werwolf, KatmanDu, Trendane...hmmm, I think you are thinking of someone
> else....perhaps yourself?

vvvvv

Well.. hmm.. you appear to have got me there. Only that most of those
people are either flakes or assholes. You're both, maybe one attracts
another. Or maybe the lot of them are ignorant to what you think of them..

^^^^^

(It's interesting what Raph thinks about the people here
and on IRC. I really couldn't keep this a private matter. He's just
insulted a large number of people I consider friends. Unacceptable.)

> You're thinking of yourself again. How's the rabbit plushie of
> your's holding up? You should really stop and think about ALL the other
> people who have relationships in 'driving distance'. Makes YOU feel lonely
> doesn't

I got love, I carry it with me wherever I go. I don't need to be within
driving/bonking distance to feel it. It travels from spirit to spirit.
What about you?

> You hear voices that aren't there and think it's
> okay.

I don't hear voices. I.. ah, what's the use in explaining something to
you which you're determined to write off? Lemme just say that everyone
gets those voices in one form or another some time. Yourself excluded, of
course. Looks like your olds told you about Santa too early on and you're
getting some BAD repercussions.

> ..you have
> single-handedly managed to ruin all your friendships with people you
> actually know in person.

If that were true, I'd agree. Since it's not, I don't. Stop listening to
Gryf and Desert. And while you're at it, stop calling yourself a
werewolf. You've got as much wolf in you as a pizza with the lot.And it
takes two hands to ruin a relationship. People who make friends with me
aren't friends to a well-managed cover.

> Time to get your act together and start living in
> the real world for once idiot....

No way. Being a detached schizoid freak who thinks he's a wolf, lives in
a cerebral world and fulfils his dreams is much more satisfying than
being a sober, dull individual like yourself. Not fitting into your
boxlike little view of reality is obviously a crime punishable by
ostracisation. Then again, if you're the one doing the ostracising, maybe
that's not such a bad thing.

Reality is what you make of it, and what the reality-naut sees, and part
of what the reality-naut sees is what the reality-naut wants to see. You
want to see illness, maybe because you can't comprehend that there are
other people who're open to the same things I am. So, in effect, every
shamanist, born-again Christian, psychic, AHWWer, healer, magickian, and
anybody who's had a meaningful dream is mentally ill. That's a lot of
people, Bendie, many of whom's grip on reality is pretty firm. You hang
out in a group full of those people, too. Why you bother staying when
you're so obviously out of your depth I'll never know.

Have a miserable, soul-less, Nibue~ya life, Bender. Don't forget to blow
your brains out.

(It would see that when come down to it, Raph
seems to want harm to occur to people he doesn't like. This is not the
sign of the "enlightened" person he says he is)

Raphiel

(Well, that's about it. I don't care that Raph hates me, but he's
ripped on a lot of people)

(Marc/Bender)

JL

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

For starters, I like or have liked both of you (Raph and Bender). I'll leave
it up to you to figure who I think is acting like an asshole (and I'm not
saying).
Either knock it off, or take it to private E-mail and leave the rest of us out
of it.
Raph, we couldn't give a flying rat's ass who you think is a flake. And on
the opposite hand you shouldn't care who thinks you're a flake either.
Bender, did we really need to see all of this? (Hel, I'm not even sure who's
saying what above).

Blessed Be!
-Oarim

Logical fallacy: 'comparing apples and oranges', or, trying to disprove a
logical statement by making a logical statement unrelated to the issue in
the original statement

(example follows)

"This apple is red."
"No, it's not, it's small and round."

Simon Bennett

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

jak...@nntp.best.com wrote:

: (It would see that when come down to it, Raph

: seems to want harm to occur to people he doesn't like. This is not the
: sign of the "enlightened" person he says he is)

Heehee... did I say I was enlightened? Did I say I had attained some sort
of Godly status in shifter^H^H^H^H^H^Hschizophrenia? Of course not. And
even if I did, it wouldn't mean that I was above violence.

The fact that you've made public a private flame in order to cut me down
says something about you, doesn't it? It says you're desperate for
back-up.

: (Well, that's about it. I don't care that Raph hates me, but he's

: ripped on a lot of people)

Oh, and you haven't? FRom a previous mail that Bender wrote:

"Nope, it doesn't. I should just treat you as an individual and not
based on your age. As a person and an individual, you ARE mentally ill,
immature, and a freak. You hear voices that aren't there and think it's
okay. You think you're net boyfriend is a real werewolf, and you have

single-handedly managed to ruin all your friendships with people you

actually know in person. Time to get your act together and start living in

the real world for once idiot...."

..plus a lot of IRC innuendo. You don't belong here, Bender, and neither
do I. Push off.

Raphiel (because Oarim likes it better that way)

Ray Stricklin

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96
to Keith Pepin/DECwolf

On 29 May 1996, Keith Pepin/DECwolf wrote:

> Hey, if we want them to hear annoyance, I can call them on the phone and
> play my violin [I bought it about a week ago, and am teaching myself to
> play].

<laughs!> Oh, memories of violin lessons and the horrible,
horrible teacher..

> I'm on key about 70% of the time now...

I was only good at scaring the cat.. fortunately I am *much better
with my other instruments!

http://weber.u.washington.edu/~kjaeros
[ex libris] kjaeros | `The Savage nodded. "I ate civilization."'
raskolnikov:u.washington.edu | --Aldous Huxley
*resist* sum multiquam

Vlad

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

jak...@nntp.best.com () wrote:

>From rap...@it.com.au Mon May 27 04:33:28 1996
>Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 19:16:15 +0800 (WST)
>From: Sungmanitu Tanka Nahon Raphiel <rap...@it.com.au>
>To: Bender <jak...@best.com>
>Subject: Re: your mail

I think it is always very bad form to post private e-mail to a
newsgroup.
Vladwolf

Courtesy is owed. Respect is earned. Love is given.

Keith Pepin/DECwolf

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

In article <4oecma$f...@blackice.winternet.com>, mer...@winternet.com (JL)
wrote:

-> For starters, I like or have liked both of you (Raph and Bender). I'll
leave
-> it up to you to figure who I think is acting like an asshole (and I'm not
-> saying).
-> Either knock it off, or take it to private E-mail and leave the rest of
us out
-> of it.

Hey, if we want them to hear annoyance, I can call them on the phone and
play my violin [I bought it about a week ago, and am teaching myself to
play].

I'm on key about 70% of the time now...

----****####****----
Keith Pepin/DECwolf
Obsessed with DEC/lover of lupines: Have you hugged your ALPHA today?
----****####****----
8^L - Werewolf with glasses and snout, smoking cigarette: THAT'S ME!!

Keith Pepin/DECwolf

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

In article <4of7j4$v...@styx.uwa.edu.au>, rap...@cygnus.uwa.edu.au (Simon
Bennett) wrote:

-> The fact that you've made public a private flame in order to cut me down
-> says something about you, doesn't it? It says you're desperate for
-> back-up.

Well, I promised myself I would stay out of it, but I _have_ had my fill.

If he's going to go make private stuff public, I got some real lulus in MY
mailbox from him. For once, I might be glad I never purge mail...
Statements like "I don't give a fuck if you have problems"..."People with
problems like yours should be shot"... etc, etc, etc...

-> Oh, and you haven't? FRom a previous mail that Bender wrote:
->
-> "Nope, it doesn't. I should just treat you as an individual and not
-> based on your age. As a person and an individual, you ARE mentally ill,
-> immature, and a freak. You hear voices that aren't there and think it's
-> okay. You think you're net boyfriend is a real werewolf, and you have
-> single-handedly managed to ruin all your friendships with people you
-> actually know in person. Time to get your act together and start living in
-> the real world for once idiot...."

Which substantiates an earlier theory of mine: Bender is here to make fun
of us because he feels bad about himself. He wants to look at us and say,
"I'M FUCKED UP? I'm not the one with the PSYCHOSIS!"...

-> ..plus a lot of IRC innuendo. You don't belong here, Bender, and neither
-> do I. Push off.

Who says you don't belong here? You, at least, have never harassed me in
e-mail. Whereas Bender has sent me unprovoked attacks... Actually, one of
my former ISPs blocked him off from mailing to me [the ol' Bounceless
Block]. I should have just reported him to his ISPs postmaster or
something. But I oppose that form of censorship...

jak...@best.com

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

dec...@ix.netcom.com (Keith Pepin/DECwolf) wrote:

>If he's going to go make private stuff public, I got some real lulus in MY
>mailbox from him. For once, I might be glad I never purge mail...
>Statements like "I don't give a fuck if you have problems"..."People with
>problems like yours should be shot"... etc, etc, etc...

Imagining things again eh Keith?

>Who says you don't belong here? You, at least, have never harassed me in
>e-mail. Whereas Bender has sent me unprovoked attacks... Actually, one of
>my former ISPs blocked him off from mailing to me [the ol' Bounceless
>Block]. I should have just reported him to his ISPs postmaster or
>something. But I oppose that form of censorship...

Sorry Keith, but believing you takes too much effort. Try again

Keith Pepin/DECwolf

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

In article <4ogpgi$8...@nntp1.best.com>, jak...@best.com wrote:

-> dec...@ix.netcom.com (Keith Pepin/DECwolf) wrote:
->
->
-> >If he's going to go make private stuff public, I got some real lulus in MY
-> >mailbox from him. For once, I might be glad I never purge mail...
-> >Statements like "I don't give a fuck if you have problems"..."People with
-> >problems like yours should be shot"... etc, etc, etc...
->
-> Imagining things again eh Keith?

Hm. Well, I always _can_ go dig out that message and mail it in here. That
might make my point. And anyone who wants can verify the pathway and
shit...

-> Sorry Keith, but believing you takes too much effort. Try again

Hmm. Seems enough people believe me already. There are several messages in
my mailbox from people telling me you have said similar things to them.
So, I'll save you the trouble of your next statement:

Two possibilities-
1. I am lying, along with the 12 people [so far] who I got email from,
-OR-
2. Bender is lying.

I tend to guess #1 whether or not I'm involved. In short, Bender, screw off.

Grey

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

jak...@nntp.best.com () wrote:
>> Time to get your act together and start living in
>> the real world for once idiot....
>
>No way. Being a detached schizoid freak who thinks he's a wolf, lives in
>a cerebral world and fulfils his dreams is much more satisfying than
>being a sober, dull individual like yourself. Not fitting into your
>boxlike little view of reality is obviously a crime punishable by
>ostracisation. Then again, if you're the one doing the ostracising, maybe
>that's not such a bad thing.

Heh... I like that.. Though, i'm a little bit curious about exactly what
happened to start this little battle.. I'm also a little bit curious about
Raphael Accusing someone about 'living in the real world'... Last time I saw
his web page, he was painting wolf noses on his face with a paint program...
Little over-obsessive, in my book.. What gives...

>Have a miserable, soul-less, Nibue~ya life, Bender. Don't forget to blow
>your brains out.

Geesus...

> (Well, that's about it. I don't care that Raph hates me, but he's
>ripped on a lot of people)

Yeah, that seems like a pretty good attitude to carry around... Ya just don't
care... Kind of the way I look at things these days... I don't give a damn what
anyone else thinks, and I don't have to prove anything to anyone... Cuz I is
what I is an' ain't nuttin' gonna change it.. heh.

. .
. .
/\_/\
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jak...@best.com

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

dec...@ix.netcom.com (Keith Pepin/DECwolf) wrote:

>In article <4ogpgi$8...@nntp1.best.com>, jak...@best.com wrote:

>-> Imagining things again eh Keith?

>Hm. Well, I always _can_ go dig out that message and mail it in here. That
>might make my point. And anyone who wants can verify the pathway and
>shit...

>-> Sorry Keith, but believing you takes too much effort. Try again

>Hmm. Seems enough people believe me already. There are several messages in
>my mailbox from people telling me you have said similar things to them.
>So, I'll save you the trouble of your next statement:

>Two possibilities-
>1. I am lying, along with the 12 people [so far] who I got email from,
> -OR-
>2. Bender is lying.

>I tend to guess #1 whether or not I'm involved. In short, Bender, screw off.

Time to take your medication again Keith....

Asikaa

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

: In article <4oc7ei$e...@nntp1.best.com>, jak...@nntp.best.com () wrote:

[Bender quoted mail from Raphiel]

In response, JL said something like:

: Either knock it off, or take it to private E-mail and leave the rest of
: us out of it.

Well said. Both of you, keep your flames to yourselves. There was no
need to quote mail to AHWW, and the group does *not* need your hostility
transplanted here - This NG has enough problems as it is.

Keep it to email, then we don't need to hear your squabbling.
--
-- Asikaa -- | Spiritual wolf, short story writer, artist,
| lover of all things canine, reluctant human.
"You fall in love with a | Art & fiction commissions undertaken subject
personality. Race, gender `------, to workload. Rates negotiable.
and even species are irrelevant." | http2.brunel.ac.uk:8080/%7Eee94pjc

Keith Pepin/DECwolf

May 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/31/96

In article <4okivo$l...@nntp1.best.com>, jak...@best.com wrote:

-> >I tend to guess #1 whether or not I'm involved. In short, Bender, screw off.
->
-> Time to take your medication again Keith....

Bad news, Bender...

I _am_ taking it...

Not to mention I am finding playing the violin to be VERY
stress-relieving. I'm starting another composition. This one I intend to
finish :-). It's my first happy-sounding piece, and I will probably title
it "The Death of Bender". Since I'm writing it in classical style, if I
get it published most people won't know what the hell it means. But it
will amuse me nonetheless.

jak...@nntp.best.com

May 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/31/96

Keith Pepin/DECwolf (dec...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: -> Time to take your medication again Keith....

: Bad news, Bender...

: I _am_ taking it...

: Not to mention I am finding playing the violin to be VERY
: stress-relieving. I'm starting another composition. This one I intend to
: finish :-). It's my first happy-sounding piece, and I will probably title
: it "The Death of Bender". Since I'm writing it in classical style, if I
: get it published most people won't know what the hell it means. But it
: will amuse me nonetheless.

Gosh Keith, I hope you're not threatening me. That would be very
bad.... Oh, and you show up your meds to a higer dose, you're still
being an asshole...

Keith Pepin/DECwolf

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

In article <4om5vs$b...@nntp1.best.com>, jak...@nntp.best.com () wrote:

-> Gosh Keith, I hope you're not threatening me.

Not at all. Just because I'm naming a piece "The Death of Bender" does not
mean that _I_ want to kill you. It just means I will laugh when you do
die, however the hell that happens to you...

-> Oh, and you show up your meds to a higer dose, you're still
-> being an asshole...

I should mail you the bottle. You need it more than me.

Top Secret

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

Keith Pepin/DECwolf (dec...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: In article <4om5vs$b...@nntp1.best.com>, jak...@nntp.best.com () wrote:

: -> Gosh Keith, I hope you're not threatening me.

: Not at all. Just because I'm naming a piece "The Death of Bender" does not
: mean that _I_ want to kill you. It just means I will laugh when you do
: die, however the hell that happens to you...

Of course Keith...keep living in that delusional world of yours.

: -> Oh, and you show up your meds to a higer dose, you're still
: -> being an asshole...

: I should mail you the bottle. You need it more than me.

Oooooooh, nah. It would probably take too long for you to pry it
out of your ass.

Coyote Osborne

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

In article <decwolf-0106...@prv-ri1-08.ix.netcom.com>,
dec...@ix.netcom.com (Keith Pepin/DECwolf) wrote:

> In article <4om5vs$b...@nntp1.best.com>, jak...@nntp.best.com () wrote:

Dearest Keith and Bender.

Both of you are being (in my so very humble opinion) assholes.

Please stop posting your bickering on the NG.

Please, if you must snarl and gnash at each other (I am as yet unable to
see any point here other than that you are being nasty to one another and
NO I do NOT care who started it) please take it to private e-mail.

Or one of you tear the other one's throat out and get it over with.
(Yes, I am joking. Ha ha)

I am not trying to say this in a holier than thou way.

I am trying, as y'all's friend, to say that....

"yer being obnoxious."

Don't be too mad... and please folks... if I act like a jerk, I hope that
someone will do me the courtesy of saying so too.

and for the rest of y'all going back ad forth at one another...

Maybe some of y'all should oughta lighten up, take a deep breath, step
outside and look at the group that has (at least where I am picking it up)
been more than 75% filled with snarling, arguing, and complaints about the
snarling and arguing.

Come on,

If, when I was despairing of being alone in the world and first stumbled
on this group, I had seen this kind of thing...

I would have gone "Ho hum... another NG filled with a bunch of obnoxious
twits fighting and not saying anything of use... just like alt.vampyres."

But really... is the sum product of the fighting worth it, in light of the
negative effects of the fighting?

Coyote

--
---
Coyote Osborne

Asikaa

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

Top Secret said something like:

: Keith Pepin/DECwolf (dec...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: : In article <4om5vs$b...@nntp1.best.com>, jak...@nntp.best.com () wrote:

: : -> Gosh Keith, I hope you're not threatening me.

: : Not at all. Just because I'm naming a piece "The Death of Bender" does not
: : mean that _I_ want to kill you. It just means I will laugh when you do
: : die, however the hell that happens to you...

: Of course Keith...keep living in that delusional world of yours.

: : -> Oh, and you show up your meds to a higer dose, you're still
: : -> being an asshole...

: : I should mail you the bottle. You need it more than me.

: Oooooooh, nah. It would probably take too long for you to pry it
: out of your ass.

How very adult.

If you don't like each other then stop reading each other's posts. What
is the matter with you all?

Keith Pepin/DECwolf

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

In article <4p23re$i...@tcws-09.brunel.ac.uk>, ee9...@brunel.ac.uk (Asikaa)
wrote:
-> How very adult.
->
-> If you don't like each other then stop reading each other's posts. What
-> is the matter with you all?

Well, I already started ignoring his. Now, I just have to control myself
when I keep hearing about what he's spreading around about me. So far, I
have not done anything... Hmm, though, might have to get some stuff set up
around here and go have some fun. Bender, you have been warned... That is
_ALL_ I will say.

Michael Macklin

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

Asikaa (ee9...@brunel.ac.uk) wrote:
: How very adult.
:
: If you don't like each other then stop reading each other's posts. What
: is the matter with you all?

I'll have to admit, it sounds like good filler material for a script.
Bad griping is hard to come by these days. ;)

---Torrle

.--- /|_ --------------------------------------------v-------------------.
| // o\___ We now return you to your regularly | Tor...@mgl.ca |
| //, ___/ scheduled newsgroup | |
`-/////"""' -----------------------------------------^-------------------'

Keith Pepin/DECwolf

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

In article <4pj1ue$i...@thunder.mgl.ca>, tor...@lightning.mgl.ca (Michael
Macklin) wrote:

-> I'll have to admit, it sounds like good filler material for a script.
-> Bad griping is hard to come by these days. ;)

Filler material? 8^)... H'm, what next... Ok, guys, we're not flaming,
we're making filler material...

[how obvious is it I didn't get much sleep last night and started my
morning with Jolt instead of coffee?]

Raphiel

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

Grey (Gr...@Pupz.I1.Net) wrote:

: I'm also a little bit curious about

: Raphael Accusing someone about 'living in the real world'... Last time I saw
: his web page, he was painting wolf noses on his face with a paint program...

Umm... I don't know if I told anyone this but..

..anyone who's given me pictures to phototouch that hasn't got the
retouched pics back, don't wait up for them, they're not coming. And
anyone else thinking of placing an order, don't bother. Not possible.

Sorry everyone, this year has been too busy lately to accomodate things
like phototouching. Apologies to STriker for one who was awaiting one, I
know, and probably others that have since slipped my memory. I'm sure
anyone who's attempted digital artwork on any low-spec machine knows the
kind of time this kind of thing takes to get right..

But this flame has actually given me an idea for yet another topic to
discuss...

How real is this phenomenon we all seem to be a part of? What part of
reality does it make up? Do people reconstruct reality to include this?

I'm going to be DAMN surprised if anyone bothers following THIS one up.
:) They'll have had to dig a long way to get here. :)

Raphiel

KatmanDu

Jun 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/18/96

rap...@it.com.au (Raphiel) wrote:

>How real is this phenomenon we all seem to be a part of? What part of
>reality does it make up? Do people reconstruct reality to include this?

phenomenon... spiritual therianthropy? I dunno, I like to think of
myself as fairly grounded in reality... and I've no doubt that I feel
what I feel... so I'd have to call it pretty real, at least to me. Of
course, I could be a total loony. :)

--
katm...@uga.cc.uga.edu * katm...@negia.net * ewi...@access.cosmic.uga.edu
Theriomorph at large * http://www.negia.net/~katmandu * Certified annoying git

Loogaroo

Jun 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/20/96

>rap...@it.com.au (Raphiel) wrote:
>
>How real is this phenomenon we all seem to be a part of? What part of
>reality does it make up? Do people reconstruct reality to include this?

I know I'm probably going to be lambasted for weeks to come when I say
this, but I presonally do not believe in PSing. It's a facet of lycanthropy
that simply cannot be performed due to many laws of chemistry and physics.
However, I do believe that in a metaphorical sense, many werewolves do
exist in our society. And I'm not just talking about us in a.h.ww. There are
thousands of people who are "werewolves" and don't even know it.
If you think about the idea of a werewolf, it portrays an element of
rage. Rage that is released on occasion, which would be the equivalent of a
shift into were form. Many people have a hidden rage inside themselves. While
quite a few of them cannot control this anger and harm others because of it,
(i. e., wife beaters, child abusers, etc.) some are able to control the rage
inside them and still live peaceful lives. Some even can harness or focus that
rage into other activities. That's how real the phenomenon is. Not quite to
the point of transformation, but to a point of emotion.

-Loogaroo

Ron Orr

Jun 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/20/96

Raphiel <rap...@it.com.au> wrote:

> How real is this phenomenon we all seem to be a part of? What part of
> reality does it make up? Do people reconstruct reality to include this?

I _assume_ you're thinking of personal experience...

To me, the manticore is real; I can't prove it to you or anyone
else, but my own senses tell me it's so. The question might be where he
comes from; I have a friend or two who would rather think this
'phenomenon' is purely psychological, which perhaps just begs the
question; me, I don't examine 'why' too closely because I'm afraid that
over-analysis will make it go away. It's happened to me in the past.

Ron
on the knife edge as always

BGOO...@maine.maine.edu

Jun 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/20/96

Raphiel wrote something like:
How real is this phenomenon that we are all a part of? Do people really

reconstruct reality to include this?

My response is something like (and is therefore about as accurate as,
but leave us not quibble semantics):
Reality is a crutch.
We all construct a reality, a world picture, based on what our
senses receive. Douglas Adams once said to an interviewer, "I keep
thinking of primitive man, waking up in his world, thinking, 'You
know, this world fits me very well. Extremely well. In fact, it
fits so well--it can hardly be a coincidence, can it?'"
End of esoteric note about the nature of reality.
Onward.
My reality of lycanthropy is as real as it has to be. There are
times, depending on my feelings, when I wonder about the nature of
it all. Do I really shift? Can I ever really shift? Or have I been
fooling myself with a silly game this whole time? Are my senses
of smell and hearing nothing more than fooling myself?
And there are other times when I feel it is a dead, absolute certainty.
I believe, with all my soul, that I can feel as a wolf feels, see as
a wolf sees. And see reality through the eyes of a wolf.
I know which reality I'd prefer.
I've always felt the Shift come upon me in states of heightened awareness,
the raised consciousness that comes from brooding, or walking, or
random thought. I once saw a wolf, a gorgeous animal named Koani by
its handlers, tamed but not domesticated, and I thought I was going to
explode. Even if I tried to embrace the first reality, to toss it all
aside, to decide that I was basically making a fool of myself, it wouldn't
stop my trembling when I touch the Jim Brandenburg photos in his coffee-
table book, and it wouldn't shut out the scents of other people, and
it wouldn't stop me from searching.
How real is it? It's as real as I want it to be. It has changed my
reality and I can't, and certainly wouldn't, go back for anything.
So, yes. It's not role-playing, and it's not a silly game. I am a werewolf.
I Shapeshift. I howl at the moon. I have fangs. I play in the woods.
Each of these things is real; sometimes to varying degrees. And as this
lycanthropy progresses, I'll see how much more real it becomes.

Ben Goodridge
bgoo...@maine.maine.edu
http://maine.maine.edu/~bgoodr61

Wanderer

Jun 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/21/96

> jag...@warwick.net (Michael J. Rider) wrote in article
<jaguar-2006...@m1-10.warwick.net>...
(after much snippage)
> That rage seems to be a very human thing. It certainly hasn't
> been my experience of MSing or anything else.
Same here. Either I start getting real nervous because there are too many
humans around, or I get very calm and gentle.

Of course, I do love to jump out of the shadows and surprise people ...:>

I love working at a haunted house each Halloween ... it's so much fun.:)

Yours waiting for September's Verdun auditions,

The howling-with-glee,

Wanderer

wand...@why.net
wand...@whytel.com

Nakra Wolf

Jun 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/22/96

Raphiel wrote:

> How real is this phenomenon we all seem to be a part of? What part of
> reality does it make up? Do people reconstruct reality to include this?

For me it's very real. Before I ever got a computer, I did a research
paper on werewolves. I spent weeks going to libraries, reading books
(mostly fable and folklore), and watching movies. After I did all that I
sorted out the hollywood folkelore and analized the stories boiling it all
down to pure facts. With those facts I wrote my research paper. My paper
started off only on werewolves but ended up at weres. I can not tell you
one peice of evidence that did not point to the existance of weres.

Science..I looked their, nothing against it here. In fact I found that a
scientist went to Africa to disprove the existince of weres but instead
came back supporting it.

Literature...Lots to look at here. What did I find? I found that cultures
seperated by thousands of miles of water beleived in weres. People can be
wronge, but like this, I don't think so.

Besides what the facts told me I looked at the one thing I can always
trust..my instincts. Every cell in my body told me weres existed. Only
then I didn't know it was because I am one.

What part of reality? Why, the most important part. The part where are
souls exsist, be it mental or physical.

Do we reconstruct reality? Nope, we only open our eyes to see the whole
picture.

Nakra Wolf

"Come with me, into the woods and lets hunt."

Zepp

Jun 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/22/96

In article <4pm39c$d...@belgarion.it.com.au>,
rap...@it.com.au (Raphiel) wrote:
(snippage)

>But this flame has actually given me an idea for yet another topic to
>discuss...
>
>How real is this phenomenon we all seem to be a part of? What part of
>reality does it make up? Do people reconstruct reality to include this?
>
>I'm going to be DAMN surprised if anyone bothers following THIS one up.
>:) They'll have had to dig a long way to get here. :)
>
>Raphiel

Aw, hell, Raph, you KNOW I canna resist a straight line like that!
<toothy grin> How real is this? [Engage "Master Po" mode] Why, it is as
real as you want it to be, Grasshopper... [Disengage "Master Po" mode]

Sorry (not) ;-)

I don't know if reconstruct reality is the right phrase... To me, this
exists. Reality is a rather subjective thing, a lot of the time (except when
you stub your toe. THAT's obnoxiously real!) I'll admit to a good deal of
wishful thinking, but so what? The pack is here, I am here -- what more need
I know of it? "Dammit, Jim -- I'm a Wolf, not a philosopher!"

Greywolf the Wanderer, borrowing zepp's account

Coyote Osborne

Jun 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/23/96

In article <01bb5f43.9d7293c0$49fd...@wanderer.why.net>, "Wanderer"
<wand...@why.net> wrote:

> > jag...@warwick.net (Michael J. Rider) wrote in article
> <jaguar-2006...@m1-10.warwick.net>...
> (after much snippage)
> > That rage seems to be a very human thing. It certainly hasn't
> > been my experience of MSing or anything else.

I have to agree here.

I really don;t feel that my "violent" emotions come from my animal side.

Humans like to attribute "negative" emotions, like rage, to "animal" nature.

Which is funny, IMHO. Since as far as I can see, rage and hatred are more human.

They are for me, anyway.

When I have felt "Wolf" I have never felt anything that would equate to
the so-called "destructive emotions".

Coyote

--
---
Coyote Osborne;1085 NE 179 Terrace;North Miami Beach, FL 33162

cochese

Jun 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/23/96

>I love working at a haunted house each Halloween ... it's so much fun.:)

yeah, except when they stick you in the strobe light room, and you get
disorientated, and smack a patron with a 2X4......not that it wasnt
enjoyable,

Crystal

Jun 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/28/96
In article <stygianv-220...@news.shadow.net>,
styg...@shadow.net (Coyote Osborne) wrote:

> In article <01bb5f43.9d7293c0$49fd...@wanderer.why.net>, "Wanderer"
> <wand...@why.net> wrote:
>
> > > jag...@warwick.net (Michael J. Rider) wrote in article
> > <jaguar-2006...@m1-10.warwick.net>...
> > (after much snippage)
> > > That rage seems to be a very human thing. It certainly hasn't
> > > been my experience of MSing or anything else.
>
> I have to agree here.
>
> I really don;t feel that my "violent" emotions come from my animal side.
>
> Humans like to attribute "negative" emotions, like rage, to "animal" nature.
>
> Which is funny, IMHO. Since as far as I can see, rage and hatred are
more human.

> They are for me, anyway.
>
> When I have felt "Wolf" I have never felt anything that would equate to
> the so-called "destructive emotions".

It's too late and I'm too bleary-eyed to be able to tell who wrote what,
so I just didn't bother snipping.

I'm really not sure where the rage comes from, but I recently attributed
it to the cat and soon realized that that was incredibly, totally wrong.
She never feels that destructive rage, that drive to shred and maim and
kill to alleviate her own frustration. She doesn't feel anger. If she
dislikes something she will strike out simply and effectively, or leave
the situation behind. She thinks too simply to rage. Perhaps in a cage
she would be brought to anger and frustration, but I simply cannot think
of any other situation that would cause her to hate. She loves bloodshed
when it is part of the hunt, but it is never a dark thing for her: it's a
joyful celebration of life, her own.

These recent days when the rage welled up in me so that I was on the
ragged edge of control and chaos, I sensed the vampire growing stronger in
me. It is he who broods and rages in impotent white-hot fury while his
mind screams and his limbs ache to destroy. It is he who feels vile and
hostile and strikes out at the smallest irritation in his relentless drive
toward isolation and self-destruction. It is he who seeks to destroy all
those around him in a desperate attempt to block out his own
self-loathing.

I thought that with the coming of the cat, I was starting to be able to
accept the vampire somewhat at last. I was wrong. As much as I've come
to accept that he will probably always be with me, I still cannot allow
him freedom to be a part of my self... I cannot allow myself to become
him. I can only tolerate him, appease him, placate him, and watch him
every moment so that I might lock him in a tight box when he threatens to
rage again.

I have a vague hope that the cat will one day vanquish the morbid
monster... but I won't hold my breath, and so I'll go on fighting.

Thank you to the friend who loved, cajoled, entertained, teased and beat
the vampire back into his corner last weekend... you know who you are, and
I love you.

Crystal