Were do we go from here

SONICIDE

Nov 6, 2001, 9:08:37 PM11/6/01
Q:
What do you think about the future of therianthropy?
Do you think it will ever become a sort of semi mainstream, or at least
publicly a known belief or always remain a sort of underground
subculture?

Do you think that any public figures will ever 'come out' with it or
anything like that?

My opinion is that I think it will remain a subculture for the most part
but that mabee the symbolism or the totems and american indian beliefs
might become more widely embraced. It seems that AI art is much more
prevalent these days then it used to be. But I think there just aren't
enough of us for there to really be a big deal made or for people to
notice.

WF
--
He who dances with Mr Death wears very heavy shoes.
http://www.sonicide.com

@hotmail.com Shadow Walker

Nov 6, 2001, 10:59:20 PM11/6/01
>Q:
>What do you think about the future of therianthropy?
>Do you think it will ever become a sort of semi >mainstream, or at least
>publicly a known belief or always remain a sort of >underground
>subculture?

Hmmm...Well with weres publishing books, writing/selling were music, having
were relaited web pages, talking on news/email groups and just being on the
internet could draw some more attention to us. =) All in all, I don't think
it will raise any more eye brows then Vampires, otherkin and Furries have.
Furries though have had a few bad articles writen about them. Vampires, well
I don't have to add to that and otherkin are still very new.

--
-============}xxxxxo Shadow Walker oxxxxx{============-
SPACES HAVE BEEN ADDED TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO PREVENT VIRUSES FROM BEING

Nehi Wolfen

Nov 7, 2001, 5:19:19 AM11/7/01
In 3BE897A5...@sonicide.com on 11/06/01 6:08 PM , SONICIDE at
a...@sonicide.com pontificated thus:

> Q:
> What do you think about the future of therianthropy?
> Do you think it will ever become a sort of semi mainstream, or at least
> publicly a known belief or always remain a sort of underground
> subculture?

Wow... I think there's a potential to fill a niche market which I know Real
Weres(tm) everywhere are stretching for. There is certainly going to be a
future need for Real Weres(tm) to make themselves known!

Yes, it's the Online Pack(tm)!!!

But how does one join a pack? How does one form a pack online? What are the
needs and motivations here to forming a pack? How does one announce their
True Wereness(tm)? How does one become one with the lion food? These seem to
be burning questions here...

Don't worry! I am putting together a Online Pack(tm) kit for those who wish
to start a unique online pack like everyone else and explore the full joys
of lycanthropy. These kits will include a pack brochure (customizable simply
by filling in the name of your pack with a Sharpie pen), t-shirt iron-ons
(to save on overhead for storage and shipping of blank t-shirts), bumper
stickers with a "Honk If You Howl(tm)" logo, and a special booklet of
coupons and discounts on keychains, mugs, and mousepads. (Jelly recipies and
other cookbook recipies will be extra.)

I'll let everyone know when the Real Were(tm) Online Pack(tm) kits are ready
to ship. The limited edition "Wolfcross Owns My Ass(tm)" boxers will be
shipped with the first 100 orders.

Ex-$cientology refugees will also receive the 20% Real Compassion(tm)
discount and a three day, two night stay in scenic Tom's River, NJ.

Enjoy it while you can...
~Nehi

--
"A chat with you and somehow death loses its sting..." -Black Adder
http://www.wolfcross.com

Winged Wolf

Nov 7, 2001, 5:46:06 AM11/7/01
>Q:
>What do you think about the future of therianthropy?
>Do you think it will ever become a sort of semi mainstream, or at least
>publicly a known belief or always remain a sort of underground
>subculture?

I do suspect it will become more publically known, but how long that will take
is unpredictable. It all depends on what the media gloms onto, and how the
public reacts.

>Do you think that any public figures will ever 'come out' with it or
>anything like that?

Most likely. The reality is that some of them have, in a way, but they simply
didn't know what therianthropy was--they described it well, but they didn't use
that name, and weren't aware of the community. (John Denver, for example)

Vamps have 'come out', so there's no reason why weres wouldn't.

--Winged Wolf, Psion
Home Page
http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/wingedwolf/index.html
The Psion Guild
http://www.ThePsionGuild.org

**^^^W^^*****

Nov 7, 2001, 10:16:52 PM11/7/01

Nehi Wolfen <ne...@mac.com> wrote in message

The were-symbol contest didnt work, remember?
Hey, did you see the aurora monday night? I was standing outside my tent in
the Coral Pink Sand dunes State park in Utah and it was awesome.Wondered if
NeeHigh was seeing it.

Nehi Wolfen

Nov 7, 2001, 10:29:26 PM11/7/01
In bymG7.421$2S2.2...@feed.centurytel.net on 11/07/01 7:16 PM ,
**^^^W^^***** at SmOW...@newwLP.com pontificated thus:

I would have if I was actually in Utah right now. *shrugs*

Kamatu

Nov 8, 2001, 7:39:05 AM11/8/01

"Nehi Wolfen" <ne...@mac.com> wrote in message

His cell is facing south.

**^^^W^^*****

Nov 8, 2001, 11:20:59 PM11/8/01

Nehi Wolfen <ne...@mac.com> wrote in message

Ah....actually it was visible for a lot of the country.Somwon in SanDiego
said it wasn't visible tho...So where hace you gone to?

**^^^W^^*****

Nov 8, 2001, 11:22:06 PM11/8/01

Kamatu <ad...@ahww.net> wrote in message
Ho ho ho.*rolls eyes*

Nehi Wolfen

Nov 9, 2001, 3:06:00 AM11/9/01
In fAIG7.654$2S2.3...@feed.centurytel.net on 11/08/01 8:20 PM ,

San Diego.

Zenwolf

Nov 9, 2001, 8:29:32 AM11/9/01
SONICIDE <a...@sonicide.com> wrote in message news:<3BE897A5...@sonicide.com>...

> Q:
> What do you think about the future of therianthropy?
> Do you think it will ever become a sort of semi mainstream

No, because a great part of the appeal of therianthropy is that it is
not mainstream. For proof of this, take a look at some of the
fruitcakes who show up here. Therianthropy will not become popular
because if it did, it would lose it's appeal and become less popular.
So I would expect that is will find an equilibrium and stay around
there, fluctuating only because of the relatively minor influences of
other factors. We're all idiots here.

> , or at least
> publicly a known belief or always remain a sort of underground
> subculture?
>
> Do you think that any public figures will ever 'come out' with it or
> anything like that?

I don't know, but if they do, I hope they're not bunnies. They aren't
just cute like everybody supposes, you know?

Zenwolf
King of the Idiots

Zenwolf

Nov 9, 2001, 8:41:53 AM11/9/01
Nehi Wolfen <ne...@mac.com> wrote in message news:<B80E4AA5.33F9%ne...@mac.com>...

> In 3BE897A5...@sonicide.com on 11/06/01 6:08 PM , SONICIDE at
> a...@sonicide.com pontificated thus:
>
> > Q:
> > What do you think about the future of therianthropy?
> > Do you think it will ever become a sort of semi mainstream, or at least
> > publicly a known belief or always remain a sort of underground
> > subculture?

Yay, Nehi's back. Hi, Nehi. Oh and Hi again, Ravan. It's just like
a family reunion, except without all the incest.

> Wow... I think there's a potential to fill a niche market which I know Real
> Weres(tm) everywhere are stretching for. There is certainly going to be a
> future need for Real Weres(tm) to make themselves known!
>
> Yes, it's the Online Pack(tm)!!!
>
> But how does one join a pack? How does one form a pack online? What are the
> needs and motivations here to forming a pack? How does one announce their
> True Wereness(tm)? How does one become one with the lion food? These seem to
> be burning questions here...
>
> Don't worry! I am putting together a Online Pack(tm) kit for those who wish
> to start a unique online pack like everyone else and explore the full joys
> of lycanthropy. These kits will include a pack brochure (customizable simply
> by filling in the name of your pack with a Sharpie pen), t-shirt iron-ons
> (to save on overhead for storage and shipping of blank t-shirts), bumper
> stickers with a "Honk If You Howl(tm)" logo, and a special booklet of
> coupons and discounts on keychains, mugs, and mousepads. (Jelly recipies and
> other cookbook recipies will be extra.)

Real Real Were(tm) Real Were Packs(tm) include cds. Oh, and do you
include a disk with all the code required to start your own message
board for your pack?

> I'll let everyone know when the Real Were(tm) Online Pack(tm) kits are ready
> to ship. The limited edition "Wolfcross Owns My Ass(tm)"

"All your wolfcross are belong to AHWW's alpha village idiot!"
-Princess Safari

That would be me. AHWW's alpa village idiot, that is. Not Princess
Safari. That is not to say that I'm not Princess Safari. What's her
name from your message boards proved that I am, as does the Theory of
Universal Safariism.

> boxers will be
> shipped with the first 100 orders.
>
> Ex-$cientology refugees will also receive the 20% Real Compassion(tm)
> discount and a three day, two night stay in scenic Tom's River, NJ.

So what's the deal with you and Scientology?

> Enjoy it while you can...
> ~Nehi

bye Nehi.

Zenwolf
King of the Jews

Zenwolf

Nov 9, 2001, 9:03:41 AM11/9/01
"**^^^W^^*****" <SmOW...@newwLP.com> wrote in message news:<bymG7.421$2S2.2...@feed.centurytel.net>...

What a dork. You were standing outside looking up at the sky when
there were some perfectly good tv programs you could have been
watching. I saw this pregnant chick try to bite this other chick's
neck, and all you saw was a bunch of colors that probably didn't form
any shapes. You'd just have to pretend that you saw a pregnant woman
in the sky. I could understand this if you were like, a caveman. If
you were a caveman you wouldnt have a tv so you'd just have to
pretend, but this is this is the 21st century goddammit. You're
living in the past. Haha, I made you type a big reply.

Nehi Wolfen

Nov 9, 2001, 10:57:49 AM11/9/01
In 2b9b1622.01110...@posting.google.com on 11/09/01 5:41 AM ,
Zenwolf at avilla...@freeze.com pontificated thus:

> Nehi Wolfen <ne...@mac.com> wrote in message
>> In 3BE897A5...@sonicide.com on 11/06/01 6:08 PM , SONICIDE at
>> a...@sonicide.com pontificated thus:
>>
>>> Q:
>>> What do you think about the future of therianthropy?
>>> Do you think it will ever become a sort of semi mainstream, or at least
>>> publicly a known belief or always remain a sort of underground
>>> subculture?
>
> Yay, Nehi's back. Hi, Nehi. Oh and Hi again, Ravan. It's just like
> a family reunion, except without all the incest.

Hi Zen.

>> Wow... I think there's a potential to fill a niche market which I know Real
>> Weres(tm) everywhere are stretching for. There is certainly going to be a
>> future need for Real Weres(tm) to make themselves known!
>>
>> Yes, it's the Online Pack(tm)!!!
>>
>> But how does one join a pack? How does one form a pack online? What are the
>> needs and motivations here to forming a pack? How does one announce their
>> True Wereness(tm)? How does one become one with the lion food? These seem to
>> be burning questions here...
>>
>> Don't worry! I am putting together a Online Pack(tm) kit for those who wish
>> to start a unique online pack like everyone else and explore the full joys
>> of lycanthropy. These kits will include a pack brochure (customizable simply
>> by filling in the name of your pack with a Sharpie pen), t-shirt iron-ons
>> (to save on overhead for storage and shipping of blank t-shirts), bumper
>> stickers with a "Honk If You Howl(tm)" logo, and a special booklet of
>> coupons and discounts on keychains, mugs, and mousepads. (Jelly recipies and
>> other cookbook recipies will be extra.)
>
> Real Real Were(tm) Real Were Packs(tm) include cds. Oh, and do you
> include a disk with all the code required to start your own message
> board for your pack?

More coffee, Zen. You troll better when you're fully awake.

>> I'll let everyone know when the Real Were(tm) Online Pack(tm) kits are ready
>> to ship. The limited edition "Wolfcross Owns My Ass(tm)"
>
> "All your wolfcross are belong to AHWW's alpha village idiot!"
> -Princess Safari
>
> That would be me. AHWW's alpa village idiot, that is. Not Princess
> Safari. That is not to say that I'm not Princess Safari. What's her
> name from your message boards proved that I am, as does the Theory of
> Universal Safariism.

Hi Vance.

>> boxers will be
>> shipped with the first 100 orders.
>>
>> Ex-$cientology refugees will also receive the 20% Real Compassion(tm)
>> discount and a three day, two night stay in scenic Tom's River, NJ.
>
> So what's the deal with you and Scientology?

I'd tell you but that's a secret until your check clears the bank.

>> Enjoy it while you can...
>> ~Nehi
>
> bye Nehi.

By Zen... er, Vance.

> Zenwolf
> King of the Jews

****^^W^^***

Nov 9, 2001, 6:25:22 PM11/9/01

Nehi Wolfen <ne...@mac.com> wrote in message
Ah...well that would explain it then.Too much light pollution.

****^^W^^***

Nov 9, 2001, 6:27:12 PM11/9/01

Zenwolf <avilla...@freeze.com> wrote in message

Yes...I'm teh ownedest!!!111!!

> Zenwolf
> King of the Jews

Wow..first your me..now Jesus...what next? Elvis?

****^^W^^***

Nov 9, 2001, 6:29:46 PM11/9/01

Nehi Wolfen <ne...@mac.com> wrote in message

Hmmm...apparently everyone who posts here has formed into one Uber being
that encompasses us all.Fascinating captain....

Zenwolf

Nov 12, 2001, 4:19:35 AM11/12/01
"****^^W^^***" <hdije...@nxw9m.net> wrote in message news:<NmZG7.760$2S2.4...@feed.centurytel.net>...

Through Kamatu, all things are possible

> ..now Jesus

Who?

> ...what next? Elvis?

You can be whoever you choose to be.

--
Herod Agrippa
King of the Jews

Zenwolf

Nov 12, 2001, 4:28:25 AM11/12/01
Nehi Wolfen <ne...@mac.com> wrote in message news:<B8113CE3.3474%ne...@mac.com>...

> In 2b9b1622.01110...@posting.google.com on 11/09/01 5:41 AM ,
> Zenwolf at avilla...@freeze.com pontificated thus:
>
> > Nehi Wolfen <ne...@mac.com> wrote in message
> >> In 3BE897A5...@sonicide.com on 11/06/01 6:08 PM , SONICIDE at
> >> a...@sonicide.com pontificated thus:

> > Yay, Nehi's back. Hi, Nehi. Oh and Hi again, Ravan. It's just like
> > a family reunion, except without all the incest.
>
> Hi Zen.

Hi Nehi.

> >> Wow... I think there's a potential to fill a niche market which I know Real
> >> Weres(tm) everywhere are stretching for. There is certainly going to be a
> >> future need for Real Weres(tm) to make themselves known!
> >>
> >> Yes, it's the Online Pack(tm)!!!
> >>
> >> But how does one join a pack? How does one form a pack online? What are the
> >> needs and motivations here to forming a pack? How does one announce their
> >> True Wereness(tm)? How does one become one with the lion food? These seem to
> >> be burning questions here...
> >>
> >> Don't worry! I am putting together a Online Pack(tm) kit for those who wish
> >> to start a unique online pack like everyone else and explore the full joys
> >> of lycanthropy. These kits will include a pack brochure (customizable simply
> >> by filling in the name of your pack with a Sharpie pen), t-shirt iron-ons
> >> (to save on overhead for storage and shipping of blank t-shirts), bumper
> >> stickers with a "Honk If You Howl(tm)" logo, and a special booklet of
> >> coupons and discounts on keychains, mugs, and mousepads. (Jelly recipies and
> >> other cookbook recipies will be extra.)
> >
> > Real Real Were(tm) Real Were Packs(tm) include cds. Oh, and do you
> > include a disk with all the code required to start your own message
> > board for your pack?
>
> More coffee, Zen. You troll better when you're fully awake.

Thank you.

> >> I'll let everyone know when the Real Were(tm) Online Pack(tm) kits are ready
> >> to ship. The limited edition "Wolfcross Owns My Ass(tm)"
> >
> > "All your wolfcross are belong to AHWW's alpha village idiot!"
> > -Princess Safari
> >
> > That would be me. AHWW's alpa village idiot, that is. Not Princess
> > Safari. That is not to say that I'm not Princess Safari. What's her
> > name from your message boards proved that I am, as does the Theory of
> > Universal Safariism.
>
> Hi Vance.

Hi Ben.

> >> boxers will be
> >> shipped with the first 100 orders.
> >>
> >> Ex-$cientology refugees will also receive the 20% Real Compassion(tm)
> >> discount and a three day, two night stay in scenic Tom's River, NJ.
> >
> > So what's the deal with you and Scientology?
>
> I'd tell you but that's a secret until your check clears the bank.

That isn't an answer.

> >> Enjoy it while you can...
> >> ~Nehi
> >
> > bye Nehi.
>
> By Zen... er, Vance.

By Jove... er, Jim.

Zenwolf

Nov 12, 2001, 4:31:43 AM11/12/01
"****^^W^^***" <hdije...@nxw9m.net> wrote in message news:<cpZG7.761$2S2.4...@feed.centurytel.net>...

> Nehi Wolfen <ne...@mac.com> wrote in message
> > In 2b9b1622.01110...@posting.google.com on 11/09/01 5:41 AM ,
> > Zenwolf at avilla...@freeze.com pontificated thus:
> >
> > > Nehi Wolfen <ne...@mac.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > bye Nehi.
> >
> > By Zen... er, Vance.
> >

> Hmmm...apparently everyone who posts here has formed into one Uber being
> that encompasses us all.Fascinating captain....

I'd like to see our family bush.