Your feelings on the subject..

MatterCat

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

I find my abillities to affect myself in some ways derives from an certain
emotional state. My passions (strong feelings) tend to be geared twords
my other form. Whenever I feel "high" on an emotion my willingness to
retain human shape is tried to it's limit. Though strangely enough, there
are times when I am completely relaxed and again wish to shed humanity.

The question I ask then is this: Is there a specific emotional state that
is connected to your shifting? I have noticed many seem to do it when
they are angry, some when they are excited in any manner, others seem to
be able to do it on command without emotion.

To me, it seems my emotional side is very much a part of my change.
Whereas I can use reason to analyze what I am going through, it seems to
be only secondary.

Your emotional friend,
-Matt.

-Matt.

CAYCEE AURORA PRICE

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

On 6 Jun 1996, MatterCat wrote:

> I find my abillities to affect myself in some ways derives from an certain
> emotional state. My passions (strong feelings) tend to be geared twords
> my other form. Whenever I feel "high" on an emotion my willingness to
> retain human shape is tried to it's limit. Though strangely enough, there
> are times when I am completely relaxed and again wish to shed humanity.
>
> The question I ask then is this: Is there a specific emotional state that
> is connected to your shifting? I have noticed many seem to do it when
> they are angry, some when they are excited in any manner, others seem to
> be able to do it on command without emotion.

, Okay, the answer here would have to be a qualified yes. Usually my
mental/spiritual shifts occur under conditions of either extreme stress, or
else the other end of the spectrum, when I am very much at peace. But NOT
always (hence the "qualified" ;) ). It has been known to occur with
absolutely no warning or indication it was coming as well, which can really
throw you if the timing is off (like in the middle of a class presentation
when your mind suddenly decides to go catlike in the mountains for 45 seconds
leaving you standing there blank as far as anyone can tell:>) for where you
are.
Anyone else?
Ge'heil'es

Crystal

Jun 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/7/96

In article <4p79ad$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, matt...@aol.com
(MatterCat) wrote:

> Is there a specific emotional state that
> is connected to your shifting?

There doesn't seem to be. Of the very few times that I have felt
"shifted" in any way, most were at odd unexpected moments during the
course of a normal day... a couple of times at work, once in bed when I
stretched just after waking up, once in a Dream, once during sex, and once
sitting in front of the keyboard talking to someone on IRC. There doesn't
seem to be any common thread at all: waking/sleeping, excited/relaxed,
alone/in company... it just happens. I can call it up to some extent if I
concentrate hard, but that's nowhere near as powerful as the times when it
happens spontaneously.

Crystal

Spyder Witiko

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

In article <cvf2-07069...@cu-dialup-0054.cit.cornell.edu>,
cv...@cornell.edu (Crystal) wrote:

>In article <4p79ad$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, matt...@aol.com
>(MatterCat) wrote:
>
>> Is there a specific emotional state that
>> is connected to your shifting?
>

>, once during sex,

Just once? Hmmm... sounds weird to me.

- Spyder, witiko-at-large
"Friends help you move; REAL friends help you move bodies."

... "We have had the veils lifted from our eyes, and that is not bad.
We -know- for certain that things are not as they seem. We -know-
that this world is full of dangerous and mysterious powers. That
gives us an advantage..." Whitley Strieber - 'The Wild'
/-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-\
|"I smell the pain upon the breath | This bad boy's comin' to you |
| of the lost & the lonely... | LIVE and livid from... |
|"I hear the thoughts that whisper | email: spy...@xmission.com |
| in the hearts of all men." | Realtime: Spyder @ FurryMUCK |
| 'Helpline Operator' - The The | & all points due sou'west... |
\-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= URL: http://www.xmission.com/~spyder/ =-=-=-=-=-=-/

Crystal

Jun 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/16/96

In article <spyder-1106...@news.xmission.com>,
spy...@xmission.com (Spyder Witiko) wrote:

> In article <cvf2-07069...@cu-dialup-0054.cit.cornell.edu>,
> cv...@cornell.edu (Crystal) wrote:
>
> >In article <4p79ad$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, matt...@aol.com
> >(MatterCat) wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a specific emotional state that
> >> is connected to your shifting?
> >
> >, once during sex,
>
> Just once? Hmmm... sounds weird to me.

Are you saying you think you could do it better? *giggle*

Crystal

Spyder Witiko

Jun 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/16/96

In article <cvf2-16069...@cu-dialup-0038.cit.cornell.edu>,
cv...@cornell.edu (Crystal) wrote:

> In article <spyder-1106...@news.xmission.com>,
> spy...@xmission.com (Spyder Witiko) wrote:
>
> > In article <cvf2-07069...@cu-dialup-0054.cit.cornell.edu>,
> > cv...@cornell.edu (Crystal) wrote:

> > >, once during sex,
> >
> > Just once? Hmmm... sounds weird to me.
>
> Are you saying you think you could do it better? *giggle*

Is that an offer? <leering grin>

Good gods, I'm getting hungry for the flesh... it's been one year as of
yesterday now. <shudder>

<sorta quotes Top Gun:> "I have the need... the need to feed!"

- Spyder, witiko-at-large
"Friends help you move; _real_ friends help you move bodies..."

... "We have had the veils lifted from our eyes, and that is not bad.
We -know- for certain that things are not as they seem. We -know-
that this world is full of dangerous and mysterious powers. That
gives us an advantage..." Whitley Strieber - 'The Wild'
/-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-\
|"I smell the pain upon the breath | This bad boy's comin' to you |
| of the lost & the lonely... | LIVE and livid from... |
|"I hear the thoughts that whisper | email: spy...@xmission.com |

| in the hearts of all men." | mudside: Spyder of FurryMUCK |

| 'Helpline Operator' - The The | & all points due sou'west... |

\-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= WWW: http://www.xmission.com/~spyder/ =-=-=-=-=-=-/

Watch for PretenderMUSH, coming soon...

Follower of the Clawed Albino

Jun 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/17/96

*the albino windigo looks up, a wee bit curious...*

Thus spake Spyder Witiko (spy...@xmission.com) to the ether bunnies:

> In article <cvf2-16069...@cu-dialup-0038.cit.cornell.edu>,
> cv...@cornell.edu (Crystal) wrote:
>
> > In article <spyder-1106...@news.xmission.com>,
> > spy...@xmission.com (Spyder Witiko) wrote:

> > > Just once? Hmmm... sounds weird to me.
> >
> > Are you saying you think you could do it better? *giggle*

Well...erm...I've done it more than once during sex. But then again, I
shift on anything really emotional. :)

> Is that an offer? <leering grin>
>
> Good gods, I'm getting hungry for the flesh... it's been one year as of
> yesterday now. <shudder>

Poor Spyder. (I at least got my love, though. *licks Nightstorm*)

> <sorta quotes Top Gun:> "I have the need... the need to feed!"

Ohmigawd, I'm *not* the only windigo to have bastardised the phrase from
"Top Gun"...We is truly damned. :)

> - Spyder, witiko-at-large
> "Friends help you move; _real_ friends help you move bodies..."

Truest friends help you in <ahem> disposal of the bodies. :)=

--
-Windigo The Feral (NYAR!) |bleu|
Jihaddi, AHWW Cyberpack Member, Spam-Hunter and unrepentant fan of | () |

Crystal

Jun 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/17/96

In article <spyder-1606...@news.xmission.com>,

<
<> In article <spyder-1106...@news.xmission.com>,
<> spy...@xmission.com (Spyder Witiko) wrote:
<>
<> > In article <cvf2-07069...@cu-dialup-0054.cit.cornell.edu>,
<> > cv...@cornell.edu (Crystal) wrote:
<> >
<> > >In article <4p79ad$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, matt...@aol.com
<> > >(MatterCat) wrote:
<> > >
<> > >> Is there a specific emotional state that
<> > >> is connected to your shifting?
<> > >
<> > >, once during sex,
<> >
<> > Just once? Hmmm... sounds weird to me.
<>
<> Are you saying you think you could do it better? *giggle*
<

<Is that an offer? <leering grin>

I looked you up in a coworker's pocket atlas. You live approximately
2,100 miles from me. Let me know when windigowak can sprout wings and
I'll consider answering that. ;)

<Good gods, I'm getting hungry for the flesh... it's been one year as of
<yesterday now. <shudder>

I hope you celebrated appropriately. <grin>

Crystal