Proposal: WereCode v.0.5

Blackfang

Sep 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/29/96

Howls!

The discussion about creating a werecode seems to have died down a
little, so I thought this might start it back up somewhat. :)

This is a version I did up last night, using most all of what's been
suggested (I think) and a good deal of new material. Feel free to
comment, praise it :D, add to it, or whatever.

Personally, I think it looks pretty good now, except for a few
categories which could use some fleshing out, particularly the P
category.

WereCode v.0.5
Compiled by Blackfang <kir...@azstarnet.com>

Based on the Furry Code by Ross Smith <al...@netlink.co.nz>

_General Modifiers_

These symbols can be attatched to any of the standard codes (unless
indicated otherwise)
to indicate some unusual or uncertain factor.

x?: You havne't decided where you fall in the category, but you know
you're in there somewhere.
This replaces the normal suffix, i.e., S?
x~: An apporximation. Used when you don't feel the given choices
adequately describe you.
x/: You fit more than one of the categories or choices given.
!x: Indicates a positive refusal to take part in the category. Unlike
x?, which means you aren't
certain, this means you _are_ certain you want to have nothing to do
with it.
x>: Indicates that you want to change your standing in this category.
The part on the left is
your current status; the part on the right (the "lesser than" side)
is the category you'd
like to be in.
x$: Use this code if this is what you do in real life. It doesn't have
to be your only source
of income, just a signifigant one.
x#: This is none of your business. Use in place of the normal suffix
when you want to keep the
information to yourself.

_The Codes_

P - Phenotype

Your wereside. What species are you?

Pc: Canine (wolf, dog)
Pv: Vulpine (fox)
Pf: Feline (cats)
Pi: Insectoid
Pr: Reptilian
Pa: Avian (birds)
Pu: Ursine (bears)
Pp: Pinniped (seals)
Pm: Mythical beastie

P?: I don't know what species my wereside is.
!P: I don't have a wereside.
If you have more than one equally dominant wereside, you can seperate
them with a slash. If you have more than one wereside with one more
dominant than the other(s), seperate them by hyphens.
For example: Somewere with an equaly prominent wolf and snow leapord
side would use Pc/f. Somewere with a dominant seal side and a less
dominant jaguar side would use Pp-f.

T - Transformation

What kind of transformations do you experience?

Tsx represents a spiritual or mental shift.
Tpx represents a physical shift.
Choose x from the following code:

su: Aura shifting. Assuming phenotype energy, resulting in a animal
mood. Behavior and senses may be affected in a general sense.
sm: Mental shifting. Like an Aural shift, but generally much deeper.
The wereside is more or less entirely in control.
sa: Astral shfting. Your shift involves going into the Astral plane.
sd: Dream shifting. You *are* your phenotype (or another phenotype) in
a dream, or you change into an animal form.
ss: Spiritual shift. A "totemistic" shift: that is, an external spirit
is channeled into your body.

pm: "Molecular shift." All or part of you body is instantaneously
changed into an animal form.
pc: "Classic shift." All or part of your body gradually "morphs" into
an animal form.
pb: "Biolocational shift." Your human body becomes comatose as an
animal materialzes elsewhere.
pk: Magickal shift. The shift is brought on by some sort of magickal
(ritual) means.
pp: Possesion shift. You send out your spirit to take possesion of or
ride along with a real, live animal.

Degree of transformation. Use the largest shift you've experienced.
T++++: I've become the animal 100%. If the transformation is physical,
I am physically indistinguishable from an animal of the same type.
T+++: A strong mix between human and animal, with emphasis on the
animal: the classical mediaeval werewolf archeytpe.
T++: A mix between human and animal. Mostly human, but with some very
definite animal features/characteristics.
T+: If I have any animal features, they're very slight (maybe thicker
hair or longer canine teeth). My personality/senses may also have some
animal quailty: a tendency to growl or bark, etc.
T: The shift only affects me emotionally. No detectable physical
changes or any major changes in my behavior.
T-: No one else would have been able to tell that I had shifted.
T--: I'm not even sure it happened. I know its in me, but its buried
deep....

T?: I don't know what kind of shifts I've had.
!T: I've never shifted.
T#: Its none of your business what kind of shifts I've had.
T(sx/px)&: Indicates that the shift was involuntary and unplanned.
If you experience more than one of these, connect them with hyphens.
If you experience both spiritual/mental shifts and physical shifts,
use the format Tsx|px. (That looks like an l on my console, but its
really one of those vertical line thingies above the slash.
For example, a were who had shifted spiritually and in dreams, and
physically once, might use Tss&/sd++++|pb+.

A - Art

Many weres like to express their weresides by drawing, especially art
with weres or animals.

A++++: Art is my life.
A+++: My art appears regularly in zines and elsewhere, and people ask
me to
contribute to their sketchbooks.
A++: I have pictures in reasonably well-known zines.
A+: I draw regularly, and someone once said something that could be
construed
as a compliment.
A: I've shown one or two of my pictures to others, and they actually
didn't
throw up.
A-: Tried a few sketches in the privacy of my own home.
A--: Never tried.
A---: Never tried, never will.

F - Fursuits

What would it take to get you into a fursuit?

F++++: I've made plans to be buried in a fursuit.
F+++: I'll wear a fursuit at any opportunity, whether or not costumes
are
expected.
F++: I'll wear a fursuit anywhere costumes are uncommon.
F+: I'll wear a fursuit anywhere costumes are expected.
F: I might wear one.
F-: I'd wear one, but only if I really had to.
F--: Are you kidding? No way I'd wear one of those things.

Add an m after the F if you've made your own fursuit.

H - Howls

How often do you go to Howls?

H+++: I lost count of the number of Howls I've been to. Organized at
least
one.
H++: Been to many Howls, and plan to go to more.
H+: Been to at least on Howl, and plan to go to more.
H: Never been to one, but I plan to go to one in the near future.
H-: Never been to a Howl, but I'd like to.
H--: Not really interested.
H---: No way in Hel I'd go to one of those things.

H*: I'd like to go to one, but for one reason or another its
impossible.

L - Legends

How close do you come to the "traditional" werewolf myth?

L+++: Thick hair, sharp canines, can't touch silver: I've got it all.
L++: When moonlight makes me want to go down on all fours and howl, I
do.
L+: I feel the occasional urge to eat raw meat. :9
L: Never really noticed.
L-: Nothing about me matches the legends.
L--: I make a point of avoiding were "stereotypes."

R - Religion

Rx: Choose x from the list below:

Rb: Buddhist
Rc: Christian
Rh: Hindu
Ri: Shinto(ist?)
Rj: Jewish
Rm: Muslim
Rn: Native American
Rp: Pagan (non-Wiccan)
Rs: Shamanist
Rw: Wiccan

Degree:
R+++: There is nothing more important to me than religion. I observe
all
holidays and services...well...religiously.
R++: Religion is very important to me. I arrange my life, at least in
part,
around religious services/observances.
R+: Religion is fairly important. I try to attend services regularly.
R: I go to synagogue/mosque/church on occasion.
R-: I might go to church on Christmas or Easter.
R--: I only believe how I do because it's how I was raised.

R?: Agnostic
!R: Atheist
Place a tilde between R and the code letter to indicate uncertainy.
If you've converted from one religion to another, you can put the
letter of the orginal religion in parentheses after the current code
number. Add w after the code if your belief system involves weres or
other shapeshifters in some way.
For instance, my code would be Rw(j)~w+

(Use *s instead of +s if you volunterr regularly for some religious
organization; if you get paid for it, of course, use the $ code.)

S - Shapechanging IRL

If you had the chance to physically become your phenotype, would you
do it?

S++++: "All this is going to cost me is $1,000,000, my dog, and my
firstborn child? Where do I sign?"
S+++: Probably, but I'd have to think about it first.
S++: Only if its reversible.
S+: Maybe, but I'm not going to be the first guinea pig (or what have
you... ;D)
S: I'd have to consider it carefully.
S-: Thanks but no thanks. I'm happy with my body the way it is.
S--: Un-uh. Not for me. No way.

W - Writing

Have you ever written anything of note? If so, was it were-related?

W++++: Stephen King is an amateur.
W+++: I've sold a full-length book.
W++: I've sold something to a _real_ magazine. ;D
W+: I've sold something to a fanzine.
W: I've written a story or two that nobody else has read.
W-: I have a few rough outlines, but nobody will ever see them.
W--: Never written a word of fiction (IRS forms excepted).
W---: I'm illiterate.

(Use *s instead of +s if your story(ies) or book(s) are not
were-related.)

rl - Real Life occupation

Unless you're some sort of aboriginal hunter-gatherer (or living at
home),
you probably have to work for a living. If so, what do you do?

rla: Art
rlbm: Business/management
rlc: Craft
rlci: Construction industry
rlct: Computers/imformation technology
rle: Engineering
rlet: Education/teaching
rlf: Farming
rlfb: Finance/banking
rlgp: Government/public service
rll: Law
rllw: Literature/writing
rlm: Music
rlma: Military/armed forces
rlmc: Media/communications
rlmh: Medicine (non veterinary)
rlrb: Retail business
rls: Science
rlth: Theater
rlti: Transport industry
rlvm: Veterinary medicine

rlat: Were-of-all-trades
rlu: Undecided (generally used by students who haven't picked a major
yet)
rl-: No qualifications, no job. Life is good.

Add * after the code if you're trained in this field, but haven't
actually
found someone who's willing to pay you to do it yet.

a - Age

Pretty straitforwards, really. How old are you?

a++++: 60+ years
a+++: 45-59 years
a++: 35-44 years
a+: 25-34 years
a: 18-24 years
a-: 10-17
a--: Under 10 years

You can use a number instead of the codes to give your exact age
(i.e., a22). You could also use a#, of course.

c - Computers

Just how familar are you with the centerpiece of the Information
Revolution?

c++++: I'll be first in line to get a cybernetic interface installed
in my
skull!
c+++: RL? WTH is that?
c++: Computers are a big part of my life; I spend at least part of
every day
in front of one; I've even tried a little programming.
c+: Computers are a fun toy. I can even use some software without
resorting
to the manual.
c: Computers are really not much more than glorified typewriters, but
they
can still come in handy.
c-: I get nervous around anything more complicated than a toaster.
c--: Where's the on switch? Better yet, where's the off switch?
c---: They're taking over the world! Smash the machines! Up the
Luddites!

If your rating is at least c, add one or more of the following letters
just after the c to indicate your preferred operating environment:

a: amiga
b: BSD Unix
d: MS-DOS
l: linux
m: Macintosh
n: Win95/WinNT
o: OS/2
u: Unix (commercial)
v: VMS
w: Windows 3.x

d - Doom

_Doom_, _Heretic_, _Hexen_, _Dark Forces_, _Duke Nukem 3D_ and the
like are tremendously popular. What is it about running around with
heavy-caliber weaponry shooting the crap out of everything in sight
that appeals to us?
Or does that question answer itself?

d++++: I work for ID: bow before my might.
d+++: I can solve every level in Nightmare mode with my eyes closed
and one
hand tied behind by back. I make 3 or 4 WAD files a day.
d++: I'm pretty good at these games. I can beat most levels easily;
I've even
played a couple of WADs I downloaded.
d+: Its a nice diversion on a lazy afternoon.
d: I've played some of these games; I must admit, I'm not that
impressed.
d-: I've played these games, and to tell you the truth, I really don't
like them at all.
d--: I miss Zork.
d---: Its exactly this kind of filth that's corrupting the moral fiber
of today's youth. Why, back in my day...

e - Education

How far have you managed to crawl up the academic ladder?

e++++: Doctorate or the equivalent.
e+++: Master's degree or the equivalent.
e++: Bachelor's degree or the equivalent.
e+: Some tertiary education.
e: Finished High School.
e-: Haven't finished High School.
e--: Haven't started High School.

e*: Learned everything I know from _The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the
Galaxy_, Star Trek and Monty Python.
e**: Graduate of the School of Hard Knocks.

h - Relationships with other humans

How do feel about and get along with other humans?

h+++: Humans are the true masters of creation.
h++: Humans are responsible for most, if not all, that is good in the
world.
h+: Without humans, the world would be worse off.
h: Humans are no greater or lesser than any other species.
h-: Without humans, the world would be better off.
h--: No other animal has caused so much destruction in the world.
h---: I'd rather be dead than be human.

i - Internet

The Internet and its various sub-media (usenet, e-mail, WWW, MUDs and
MUCKs, IRC, FTP, and Gods know what else) have quickly become a
leading medium of communication among more or less the entire
technologically aware universe. How deeply have you dived in?

i+++: I'm a Webmaster/site sysadmin
i++: I spend most of my free time surfing the Web, and chatting on
IRC.
i+: I browse the world regularly, and use many of the other media as
well.
i: I have browser and a connection...I think.
i-: Not connected.
i--: Nothing more than a flash in the pan.
i---: The Internet is a dangerous, subversive, perverted abomination
that needs to be banned from the face of the earth. My preacher even
told me so.

Add w after the i if you have your own homepage on the Web. Make it ww
if your page at least mentions weres.

k - Number of weres you know

How many weres do you know or have you met IRL?

k+++: I live with one or more weres.
k++: I used to/am going to live with other weres or I know many weres.
k+: I know at least one other were well or several weres slightly.
k: I've never met anywere IRL in more than passing, if that.
k-: I've never met any weres IRL, and I don't think I will.
k--: You can just stay away from me, you weirdos.

l - Lifestyle

What kind of housing do you have?

l++++: Married and living with one or more kids (ack!).
l+++: Married or living with your SO on a long term basis.
l++: Living with one or more were roommates.
l+: Living with one or more non-were roommates.
l: Living alone.
l-: Living alone. Try to get out once a week to buy food; all surfaces
covered
in computers, old pizza boxes and old soda cans.
l--: Living in a yurt in outer Mongolia with nothing around for miles
except
my sattelite dish.

l*: Still living with my parents. :P
l**: I'm not really sure where I live...my workplace seems like home
to me.
l***: Homeless.

n - Newsgroups

How involved are you in usenet newsgroups, especially AHWW?

n+++: RL has nothing on usenet...and if it did, there'd be a newsgroup
about
it.
n++: Regular poster on many newsgroups; my next batch of posts come in
before
I finish my first batch.
n+: Regular poster on several newsgroups.
n: Regular poster on AHWW (or one other newsgroup).
n-: I read AHWW or some other newsgroup occasionally.
n--: One visit a month to usenet is a lot for me; I use Netscape for
my news.
n---: I've forsworn all newsgroups forever.

(Use *s instead of +s if you don't read/post to AHWW).

p - Pets

If we can't get our species-change operations yet, we can at least get
closer to animals by including them in our households.

p+++: I have a vast household of assorted furry/scaly/feathery
creatures,
and my life is organized to their benefit.
p++: Several pets.
p+: Two or three conventional pets, or one exotic one.
p: One conventional pet.
p-: No pets as of now, but I may enrich my life in the future
p--: I don't have any pets; my lifestlye/household/schedule doesn't
allow for
'em. :(
p---: Filthy creatures! I won't have them in my house!

p*: I'd like to have pets, but my landlord/parents/roommates won't
allow it.
p*: I'm allergic to animals.

(Use *s instead of +s if at least one of your pets is your phenotype)

r - Roleplaying games

How do you feel about Roleplaying games, especially White Wolf's
Werewolf: The Apocalypse game?

r+++: When I need a break from roleplaying, I play at real life.
r++: Most of my free time is spent RPGing, and some of the time I
should be
doing something else, as well.
r+: A wonderful thing to occupy a Saturday afternoon...and Sunday..and
maybe
Monday...
r: It's something to do when there's nothing else to do.
r-: I might try it someday, but I'm not so hot on the idea.
r--: Role-players are sickos; there's no way I'd *ever* play them.
r---: RPGs are the works of Satan! Burn these tools of evil and
corruption!

(use *s instead of +s if you LARP (Live Action Role-Play)

t - RL study of weres, etc.

How interested are you in werewolf (or other shapeshifter) legends
from RL history or modern culture (movies, novels, etc.)

t+++: I'm a Professor of Lycanthropy at a major universtiy. :D
t++: I have an extensive library of were-related materials...which is
actually
redundant, since I've memorized them all anyways.
t+: I have preorders for new were-related books half a month in
advance.
t: I have a couple books or movies, and I've checked out more from the
library/video store.
t-: I read a novel or two about weres, didn't like them that much.
t--: I'd rather read something interesting, thank you very much.
t---: Ick, no thank you. Boring!

w - How many humans know about your wereside?

So, to how many humans (i.e. non-weres) have you managed to explain
yourself to?

w+++: Everyone I know knows the truth about me.
w++: Most of my family/friends know, and they didn't even disown me
(entirely).
w+: I've told at least one person. I'd tel more, if only they'd
listen...
w: I've never told anyone, but I could see it happening.
w-: Never told anyone, and I doubt I will.
w--: It would take a lot to make me tell someone.
w---: There's nothing in the whole wide world that would get me to
tell
something.

w*: I don't know anyone except weres.

s - Sex

Sx: Use this code to describe your your gender and sex life.

sf: Female
sm: Male

s+++: There's more to life? What is it, and what equipment do you
need?
s++: I was once referred to as "easy", but I have no idea where that
might
have come from.
s+: I've had real, live sex.
s: I've had sex...oh, you mean with someone else?
s-: Not having sex by choice.
s--: Not having sex because I can't get any.
s---: Not having sex because I'm a nun/priest.

s*: I'm married, so I can get it whenever I want (in theory,
anyways...)
s**: Where do you *think* these kids came from, huh?

For a demonstration, my own WereCode:

WereCode v.0.5
Pc Tsm+/sd++++& A+ F H->++ L++ Rw(j)~w+ S++++ W+>+++$
rlu a- cdn++ d+ e# h- iww++ k l* n+ p+ r t w+ sm#

What thinkest thou, hmmm?

Good hunting and a fair wind always at your back...

- Blackfang

WARNING: Do not send me any e-mail for the time being. Any mail sent
may go unread or be deleted due to large problems with my server.

"Howling he fled, and fain he wou'd have spoke;
But humane voice his brutal tongue forsook.
About his lips the gather'd foam he churns,
And, breathing slaughters, still with rage he
burns,
But on the bleating flock his fury turns.
His mantle, now his hide, with rugged hairs
Cleaves to his back; a famish'd face he bears;
His arms descend, his shoulders sink away
To multiply his legs for chase of prey.
He grows a wolf, his hoariness remains,
And the same rage in other members reigns.
His eyes still sparkle in a narr'wer space:
His jaws retain the grin, and violence of his face."
- Lycaon changed to a wolf (_The Metamorphoses of Ovid_)

/\
/ \.--./\
/ \ / \
/ \/ \ .---.
/ |\_/| \ | | .---.
/ / o o \ \ | | | | .---.
/ /( )\ \ | `--' |_| |
/ / \#/ \ \ | ______'
| | `---. |
| | | | | |
(~\ | | /~) | |
__\_|| ||_/__ | |
___///_//_| |_\\__\\\__________|____|

DECwolf

Sep 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/29/96

Blackfang wrote:

> For a demonstration, my own WereCode:
>
> WereCode v.0.5
> Pc Tsm+/sd++++& A+ F H->++ L++ Rw(j)~w+ S++++ W+>+++$
> rlu a- cdn++ d+ e# h- iww++ k l* n+ p+ r t w+ sm#

H'mmmm... Looks like Base64. Tastes like chicken.

I suppose I _could_ write a decoder. H'mm- if the poll ever gets off the
ground, perhaps it could return werecode too... ;-)

Of course, you realize that if we came up with a very good code, we
could write a decoder program and trim werecards to under 512bytes easy!

;-)

DECwolf is BACK!!

MegaDog the Nettweiler

Sep 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/30/96

In article <52kqti$q...@news.azstarnet.com>, Blackfang (kir...@azstarnet.com) writes:
>Howls!
>
>The discussion about creating a werecode seems to have died down a
>little, so I thought this might start it back up somewhat. :)
>
>This is a version I did up last night, using most all of what's been
>suggested (I think) and a good deal of new material. Feel free to
>comment, praise it :D, add to it, or whatever.
>
>Personally, I think it looks pretty good now, except for a few
>categories which could use some fleshing out, particularly the P
>category.

I've grimped this down, and will be adding parts of it to what i've
got so far... as follows:-

WereCode version 0.99 [originally by MegaDog]

The WereCode consists of a number of fields, all optional, that define
aspects of your Wereside. It is based on aspects of the FurCode, SmurfCode,
TwinkCode, BearCode etc. that have appeared in other newsgroups, and whose
originators, too numerous to mention, are acknowledged. Input from AHWW-
packmembers is also gratefully acknowledged and actively sought. This is
intended to be for *you* so let's know what *you* want!

Syntactical Conventions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Primary field identifiers are capitalised, field attributes are in lower
case. Attributes may be combined, and modified with a range of qualifiers
selected from the following:-

? Indicates you have not decided about this aspect.

~ An approximate value - for those of us who are uncertain!

/ Indicates you fit into more than one category.

# A refusal to disclose the information for personal or other
reasons.

! An indication that you don't do this.

+ An indication that this aspect is important. May be repeated
for emphasis. This modifier should be placed between the primary
field-identifier and the attribute to which it applies.

- An indication that this aspect is unimportant to you. Usage as
for +

WereCode Primary Fields
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P - PHENOTYPE - identifies what animal type you associate most strongly
with.

Select x from the following:-
c - canine (Dogs/wolves)
v - vulpine (Foxes)
f - feline (All cats)
i - insectoid
r - reptilian
ro - rodent (mice, rats...)
a - avian (Birds)
o - Ovine (Sheep/goat)
e - equine (Horses etc)
u - ursine (Bears)
p - pinniped (seals etc)
m - mythical beast.
@ - Polymorph

Notes: Those who show several traits can combine "P" variables, using the /
separator with the predominant trait to the left of the separator.
For example if you posess both canine and ursine attributes, but feel more
wolfie than beary, you could identify yourself as "Pc/u"

T - TRANSFORMATION - the first letter sx denotes spiritual/mental shift,
whereas px denotes physical shifts.

s0 - Have yet to experience a Shift of any kind.

su - Aura Shifting. Assuming the animal energy,
resulting in a Wolfish (or other phenotype)
mood. Behaviour and senses generally affected.

sm - Mental Shift. Generally a much deeper Shift
than Aura Shifting. The Animal Side is more
or less totally in control.

sa - Astral Shifting. The Shifter goes into the
spiritworld (or astral plane) and Shifts there.

sd - Dream Shifting. The Shifter is a Wolf (or
whatever animal) in their dreams, or where
the Shifter changes physically in their
dreams.

ss - Spiritual Shift. To those therianthropes who
being a Shifter is a very spiritual thing,
Mental Shift may be regarded as Spiritual.

pm - Molecular Shift. Instantaneous physical shift
of the body.

pc - Classical Shift. The gradual metamorphosis
from human to animal, that usually takes
several minutes.

pb - Bilocational Shift. The body (usually) becomes
comatose or in trance and a physical animal
materializes, either in the vicinity or at some
distance.

pk - Magickal Shift. The transformation is
accomplished through a magickal ritual of
some kind.

pp - Possession Shift. The therianthrope send out
his/her spirit to take possession of a real,
live animal.

& - Sense Shift. This is used to denote that most,
if not all Shifting is done involuntarily and
that the therianthrope has no or little control
over it. It could be placed either after T
(ex. T+++&) or after a particular Shift form
(ex. T+su/sd&)

Degree of Shift: extent (or otherwise) of your shifts may be indicated by
use of the + and - modifiers between the T and the physical/mental shift
variables previously defined.

G - GENDER and ORIENTATION - since sex seems to be a preoccupation with
some (all?) weres, this letter combination is used to identify your gender
and personal sexuality or preferred sexual orientation(s). The importance of
sex in your life can be indicated by use of the - or + qualifiers.

The first letter identifies your physical gender; choose from the following:

m - Male
f - Female
h - Hermaphrodite
0 - Asexual/neuter

Your sexual orientation should be selected from the following:-

s - straight (heterosexual)
g - gay
b - bisexual
l - lesbian
o - omnisexual
z - zoosexual
c - celibate
v - virgin

The above can be combined, together with the + and - modifiers, for example
if you're a sex-obsessed male gay zoophile you could put G+++mgz, whereas a
normally-sexed straight female virgin would be Gfsv.

R - RELIGION - identify your religion (or absence thereof) by selection from
the following R-attributes:-

b - Buddhist
c - Christian (anyone who wants to try and make
sublabels for all the denominations is
welcome to it....)
h - Hindu
i - Shinto
j - Jewish
m - Muslim
n - Native American [is this a religion?]
p - Pagan (non-Wiccan)
s - Shamanist
w - Wiccan
! - Atheist
? - Agnostic

If you've converted from one religion to another, you can place the
letter of the original in parentheses after the current code - for
example, I would use Rw(j).
Add w after that if your beliefs involve weres/shifters in some way.

The importance (or otherwise) of your personal faith/religion can be
indicated by use of the + and - modifiers as previously defined.

UnaSeal

Sep 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/30/96

In article <48...@dogstar.win-uk.net>, meg...@dogstar.win-uk.net (MegaDog the Nettweiler) wrote:

>In article <52kqti$q...@news.azstarnet.com>, Blackfang (kir...@azstarnet.com)
> writes:
>>Howls!
>>
>>The discussion about creating a werecode seems to have died down a
>>little, so I thought this might start it back up somewhat. :)
>>
>>This is a version I did up last night, using most all of what's been
>>suggested (I think) and a good deal of new material. Feel free to
>>comment, praise it :D, add to it, or whatever.
>>
>>Personally, I think it looks pretty good now, except for a few
>>categories which could use some fleshing out, particularly the P
>>category.
>
>I've grimped this down, and will be adding parts of it to what i've
>got so far... as follows:-
>
>WereCode version 0.99 [originally by MegaDog]
>
>The WereCode consists of a number of fields, all optional, that define
>aspects of your Wereside. It is based on aspects of the FurCode, SmurfCode,
>TwinkCode, BearCode etc. that have appeared in other newsgroups, and whose
>originators, too numerous to mention, are acknowledged. Input from AHWW-
>packmembers is also gratefully acknowledged and actively sought. This is
>intended to be for *you* so let's know what *you* want!
<snip>

>Your sexual orientation should be selected from the following:-
>
> s - straight (heterosexual)
> g - gay
> b - bisexual
> l - lesbian
> o - omnisexual
> z - zoosexual
> c - celibate
> v - virgin

Might I suggest an addition of m-monogamy, or, if this conflicts too much with
m-male, than might I suggest u-unigamous (pretty neat--I think I may have just
created a word!) <shrugs> I'm trying to come up with something here that
denotes people in marital status, or people committed in some way for life to
a "significant other." I think it's important to add this classification to
not only signify an important commitment a person has made, but also to
help establish a non "dating service" -sounding category for those who are all
ready "taken."

Say, for example, if we take "u=unigamous," then a committed, bisexual male
would read: G: m/b/++u, or something along those lines...

>R - RELIGION - identify your religion (or absence thereof) by selection from
>the following R-attributes:-
>
> b - Buddhist
> c - Christian (anyone who wants to try and make
> sublabels for all the denominations is
> welcome to it....)

Hoo-boy...this is the LEAST I can do for the Christians whom I've met up with
in the past...can't "pray for their souls," but I can try to offer this for
them...How 'bout

ca- Catholic
eo- Eastern Orthodox
oo-Other Othodox
ba- Baptist
pb- Primative Baptist
sb- Southern Baptist
f- Fundamentalist (as a prefix)
mt- Methodist
ms- Missouri Synod Methodist
r- Reorganized, Reformed (as a prefix)
na- new age
ep- Episcopal
sd- Seventh Day Adventists
nd- non-denominational
a- Anglican (as prefix)
ame-African Methodist Episcopal
ac- Apostolic church
bbf- Baptist Bible Fellowship
bfw- Free-Will Baptists
i- independent (as prefix)
bi- Bible Churches
br- Bretheren
cb- Catholic Byzantine
e- evengelical (as prefix)
ch- Charismatic
dc- Disciples of Christ
cc- Church of Christ
cg- Church of God
lds- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormon)
ecc- Ecumenical Church
ccv- Church of the Covenant
itc- interdenominational church
sf- Society of Friends (Quakers)
go-Greek Orthodox
jc- Jewish Christian
hc- Hindu Christian
bdc-Buddhist Christian
u- United (prefix)
al- American Lutheran
lcl- Lutheran Church of the Lutheran Confession
els- Evangelican Lutheran Synod
lms- lutheran, Missourri Synod
lws-Lutheran, Wisonson Synod
m- missionary (prefix)
sva- Salvation Army
mtp-metaphysical/aquarian churches
mnn-Mennonite
ra-Revivalist affiliation
ntc-New Testament Church
pnc- Pentecostal Churches
prs- Presbyterian
rsc-Religious Science
unf- Unification
unt-Unitarian
uty- Unity
sdb- Seventh-Day Baptists
wsl- Wesleyan
tti- Twelve Tribes of Israel
rst- Rastafarian
nca- No church affiliation
scn- Scientology
jw- Jehovah's Witnesses
wfc- Witnesses For Christ
cdp- Christadelphians
tsp- twelve-step program
occ- Other <unspecified> Christian churches

Example: If I wanted to designate an affilitation with the United Free-Will
Baptists, I would probably designate it thusly--
R: c (fwb+u)
Note: The "prefix" was used as a suffix in this instance to eschew
obfuscation.

***If anyone has any complaints regarding the spelling, classification, or
lack of representation for your denomination, please, pardon my ignorance.
Feel free to add your own category to the list. If you are upset to see your
denomination listed amongst those you feel "inappropriate," or
"non-Christian," again, pardon my ignorance. If you feel the need to advise
me that I am slipping to a descent into Hell for any and all incorrect
information, save the "flames" for Hell, and the "ignorance-pardoning" to God.
Thank you. This has been a public-service disclaimer from the "Cover Your
Ass" committee of the non-Christian sector of the "I want to post without a
flame war" delegation. Again, thank you for your time.

> h - Hindu
> i - Shinto
> j - Jewish
> m - Muslim
> n - Native American [is this a religion?]
> p - Pagan (non-Wiccan)
> s - Shamanist
> w - Wiccan
> ! - Atheist
> ? - Agnostic

I think this probably deserves an "other" category. o=other. Hard to cover
all bases, ya know? This is for the Bahai Faith-ers and the Zaranthustriasts,
and everybody who may somehow feel left out in the shuffle of the cards. :)

>If you've converted from one religion to another, you can place the
>letter of the original in parentheses after the current code - for
>example, I would use Rw(j).
>Add w after that if your beliefs involve weres/shifters in some way.
>
>The importance (or otherwise) of your personal faith/religion can be
>indicated by use of the + and - modifiers as previously defined.

Pretty nifty. It's coming along rather well. Perhapse we should have a
designation for hobbies? Crafts and skills? Employment? I reeaaalllyy love
it so far! Keep up the good work!

Wanderer

Sep 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/30/96

Hmmm ... according to this, I'm:

PcTsm++&GmsRc

Sound about right?:)

Yours with a head code,;>

The feeling-much-better-today,

Wanderer

wand...@why.net
wand...@whytel.com

Christopher Eric Hughes

Oct 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/1/96

Wanderer (wand...@why.net) wrote:
: Hmmm ... according to this, I'm:

: PcTsm++&GmsRc

: Sound about right?:)

That's ok.. if I've read it right, I turn into

Pu Tsm++ A F+ H L-- !R++ S+ W+ rlct a c++++bdlou d-- e+(+++)* h i++ww
k++ l*(+++) n+ p*(++) r+/* t w+++ Gmg+(*)

That's a mouthful. *grin*

--
In the name of the best within us, A is A
Christopher Eric Hughes Either-Or

MoonShadow

Oct 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/3/96
to kir...@azstarnet.com, MoonS...@ka.net

Blackfang wrote:

> Howls!
>
> The discussion about creating a werecode seems to have died down a
> little, so I thought this might start it back up somewhat. :)

This is true, I think that it was being diuscussed about a year ago, and
then died.

> This is a version I did up last night, using most all of what's been
> suggested (I think) and a good deal of new material. Feel free to
> comment, praise it :D, add to it, or whatever.

Heh heh heh... :> Well, i think that it does need a bit fleshing out

> Personally, I think it looks pretty good now, except for a few
> categories which could use some fleshing out, particularly the P
> category.

> WereCode v.0.5
> Compiled by Blackfang <kir...@azstarnet.com>
>
> Based on the Furry Code by Ross Smith <al...@netlink.co.nz>

Acuually it is based origiunally on the geek code located at:
http://krypton.mankato.msus.edu/~hayden/geek.html

Or if you want to go even further into it's origins, in the GLBi culture
(I think) it has it is a way that a GLBi person can communicate their
preferences, without having to be bombarded with a borrage of questions.

GLBi = Gay, Lesbian, BiSexual.

<<snip and clip>>

Have you tried to print this out, yet? It is 10 pages :)

Long story short... I'd guess that mine would be...

Wcv.5 Pc Tsu++-sa++++-sd+++|pc?&# A- F+H+++ L~ Rws
S# W- rl~ a22 cw++ d++ e+h# iww++ k++ l* p++ r+ w+ sm+
--
Blessed Be, from MoonShadow
* + mailto:moons...@ka.net
| Shephard mix with \ http://www.ka.net/moonshadow
| Wolf in the Pedigree \
AHWW T-Shirt info at
http://www.ka.net/moonshadow/t-shirt

MoonShadow

Oct 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/3/96
to MoonS...@ka.net

Christopher Eric Hughes wrote:

> Wanderer (wand...@why.net) wrote:
> : Hmmm ... according to this, I'm:
>
> : PcTsm++&GmsRc
>
> : Sound about right?:)
>
> That's ok.. if I've read it right, I turn into

Mine would be...

Wcv.5 Pc Tsu++-sa++++-sd+++-|pc?&# A- F+H+++ L~ Rws

S# W- rl~ a22 cw++ d++ e+h# iww++ k++ l* p++ r+ w+ sm+

And i'll be damned if I added this to my sig :)

Christopher Eric Hughes

Oct 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/4/96

MoonShadow (MoonS...@ka.net) wrote:
: Acuually it is based origiunally on the geek code located at:
: http://krypton.mankato.msus.edu/~hayden/geek.html

: Or if you want to go even further into it's origins, in the GLBi culture
: (I think) it has it is a way that a GLBi person can communicate their
: preferences, without having to be bombarded with a borrage of questions.

Well, prior to the geek code, you are correct, there were the Bear and
Smurf codes. And, yes, I didn't see very much circulation of either outside
the GLB community. In fact, I didn't even see any circulation of it outside
the G community. The L's and B's seem to have more sense than to waste
time working out complex schemes by which people wouldn't have to ask us
about ourselves, and simply went out and communicated with each other. :)

LoveBear

Nimix

Oct 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/4/96

I missed it! (throws cement block at modem)
Could someone please repost it?
Jaymix the WereLynx
"You never fully understand someone until you step into
his skin and walk around in it."
-Atticus, "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee

Blackfang

Oct 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/5/96

Howls!

MoonShadow <MoonS...@ka.net> wrote:

>Blackfang wrote:
>>
>> Howls!
>>
>> The discussion about creating a werecode seems to have died down a
>> little, so I thought this might start it back up somewhat. :)

>This is true, I think that it was being diuscussed about a year ago, and
>then died.

Really? Somewhat more recently as well, then. After all, I've only
been here a little under 4 months, so I wouldn't really know 'bout
that kind of ancient history. :D

>> This is a version I did up last night, using most all of what's been
>> suggested (I think) and a good deal of new material. Feel free to
>> comment, praise it :D, add to it, or whatever.

>Heh heh heh... :> Well, i think that it does need a bit fleshing out

Indeed. Which is why I labeled it v.0.5: I felt it had quite a bit of
adjusting to go even before v.1.0

>> Personally, I think it looks pretty good now, except for a few
>> categories which could use some fleshing out, particularly the P
>> category.

>> WereCode v.0.5
>> Compiled by Blackfang <kir...@azstarnet.com>
>>
>> Based on the Furry Code by Ross Smith <al...@netlink.co.nz>

>Acuually it is based origiunally on the geek code located at:
>http://krypton.mankato.msus.edu/~hayden/geek.html

True, but its much closer to the Furry Code. I lifted several sections
almost straight from Furry Code (i.e., only changing a few words, or
maybe the code letter). OTOP, some of those sections came straight
from the Geek Code too, but, ::shrug::, if Microsoft can do it, so can
we, right? ;D

>Or if you want to go even further into it's origins, in the GLBi culture
>(I think) it has it is a way that a GLBi person can communicate their
>preferences, without having to be bombarded with a borrage of questions.

Oh really? Must say, I've never heard that. Did that ever get
organized into a code?

>GLBi = Gay, Lesbian, BiSexual.

><<snip and clip>>

>Have you tried to print this out, yet? It is 10 pages :)

No, cool. :) I made that mistake once, printing out the Furry Code
before I realized it was 14 pages long. *grin*

>Long story short... I'd guess that mine would be...

>Wcv.5 Pc Tsu++-sa++++-sd+++|pc?&# A- F+H+++ L~ Rws

>S# W- rl~ a22 cw++ d++ e+h# iww++ k++ l* p++ r+ w+ sm+

Hmm...I wonder if something can be done to shorten the T section.
Maybe replacing +s with numbers? (i.e., Tsu2sa4sd3). Or maybe
splitting it into seperate sections for each kind of shift?

>--
> Blessed Be, from MoonShadow
> * + mailto:moons...@ka.net

Good hunting and a fair wind always at your back,
Blackfang

(Long .sig only temporarily gone...*nudge* *grin*)

KatmanDu

Oct 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/5/96

kir...@azstarnet.com (Blackfang) wrote:

>>Or if you want to go even further into it's origins, in the GLBi culture
>>(I think) it has it is a way that a GLBi person can communicate their
>>preferences, without having to be bombarded with a borrage of questions.
>Oh really? Must say, I've never heard that. Did that ever get
>organized into a code?

Don't forget the"hanky" code... tho if I see anyone with a black,
bloodstained hanky tied around their head I'm leaving. *g*

Tom Bubenik

Oct 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/5/96

Me too, DAMN IT!!!! I think, it was a long time ago.
Peace,
Katie "Wakko!" Bubenik

MegaDog the Nettweiler

Oct 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/6/96

I've got a furry, leopardskin one... :+)

!Muzzle-Nuzzles! -:MegaDog:-

Christopher Eric Hughes

Oct 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/6/96

KatmanDu (katm...@negia.net) wrote:
: kir...@azstarnet.com (Blackfang) wrote:

: >>Or if you want to go even further into it's origins, in the GLBi culture
: >>(I think) it has it is a way that a GLBi person can communicate their
: >>preferences, without having to be bombarded with a borrage of questions.
: >Oh really? Must say, I've never heard that. Did that ever get
: >organized into a code?

: Don't forget the"hanky" code... tho if I see anyone with a black,
: bloodstained hanky tied around their head I'm leaving. *g*

Urk. Is that albatross still following us around? *chuckle* Somewhere
I've got a copy of the translations at last count.

KatmanDu

Oct 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/7/96

meg...@dogstar.win-uk.net (MegaDog the Nettweiler) wrote:
>I've got a furry, leopardskin one... :+)

Heh heh!

I never did see anyone with a furry hankie in their pocket, even when
the hankie thing was popular.. I dunno what I would have done if I
had, anyway.

Shawpagan

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

Ok, Ok--I think I got it---

Pc-f, Tsu++/d++++/s++, A, F-, H-, L-, R~p-s>w, S++, W**, rw/c/~, a36,

Silverhair, who never could resist a bit of busy work to take her mind of
what she really should be doing...

Help end ignorance. Find a cure for Fundamentalism.