mulititester

Phil Pedersen

Nov 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/30/97

I bought a digitacal mulititester can someone tell me how to read it.
What is DCA--------- ACA---------DCV----------- the instructions don't
tell me diddly.

Thanks
Phil

Pete Peterson

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

Phil Pedersen <pr...@concentric.net> wrote in article
<348214D8...@concentric.net>...

Phil,

DCA means direct current amperes. The meter must be connected in series to
read current or you will burn it out.
ACA means alternating current amperes. Again the meter must be connected
in series.
DCV means direct current voltage. Connect the meter in parallel to read
voltage.
What are you planning on doing with this meter?

Pete

Seamus Leonard

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

Phil Pedersen <pr...@concentric.net> wrote:

>>I bought a digitacal mulititester can someone tell me how to read it.
>>What is DCA--------- ACA---------DCV----------- the instructions don't
>>tell me diddly.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Phil

At a guess, ACA = AC Amps, DCA(V) is DC Amps(Volts)

Slán

Séamus
jll...@indigo.ie
Seamus Leonard
sleo...@iol.ie

|There are no strangers here, |
|Only friends who have not yet met. |
| W.B. Yeats |
| |
| http://www.iol.ie/~sleonard/ |
|_________________________________________________|

wil...@albany.net

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

In article <348214D8...@concentric.net>,

Phil Pedersen <pr...@concentric.net> wrote:

> I bought a digitacal mulititester can someone tell me how to read it.
> What is DCA--------- ACA---------DCV----------- the instructions don't
> tell me diddly.
>
> Thanks
> Phil

DCA = Direct Current Amps ACA = Alternating Current Amps DCV = Direct
Current Volts (automotive) ACV?= Alternating Current Volts (home) There
will be a multiplier factor included on the screen for high resistance
readings.

I generally recommend analog meters for homeowners and inexperienced
handymen. The readings are easier to understand. Ex. voltage readings in
a home, with the meter set on the 300 volt scale will simply be; near
full scale, half scale or no reading. (unless you have a bad connection,
particularly a neutral, but that's another story). So.. experiment a
little, pay close attention to the readings.

Dale

Sam Goldwasser

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

In article <348214D8...@concentric.net> Phil Pedersen <pr...@concentric.net> writes:

> I bought a digitacal mulititester can someone tell me how to read it.
> What is DCA--------- ACA---------DCV----------- the instructions don't
> tell me diddly.

DC Amps
AC Amps
DC Volts

Probably also:

AC Volts
Ohms
Diode Check

etc. Seriously, get a basic book on appliance repair or home wiring,
these terms will be explained.

--- sam : Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/
Lasers: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3931/lasersam.htm
Usually latest (ASCII): http://www.pacwest.net/byron13/sammenu.htm

s...@nbnet.nb.ca

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997 17:37:31 -0800, Phil Pedersen
<pr...@concentric.net> wrote:

>I bought a digitacal mulititester can someone tell me how to read it.
>What is DCA--------- ACA---------DCV----------- the instructions don't
>tell me diddly.

Direct Current Amperage
Alternating Current Amperage
Direct Current Voltage

Not to sound trite, but if you are asking questions this fundamental,
why did you purchase a multimeter? I would suggest a book or course
on DC/AC fundamentals or electronic fundamentals.

Regards.

s...@nbnet.nb.ca
http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/sec/

'He will wipe away all tears from their eyes.'
- Rev 21:4

Patrick

Dec 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/2/97

"Pete Peterson" <pete...@usaor.net> wrote:

>Phil Pedersen <pr...@concentric.net> wrote in article
><348214D8...@concentric.net>...

>> I bought a digitacal mulititester can someone tell me how to read it.
>> What is DCA--------- ACA---------DCV----------- the instructions don't
>> tell me diddly.
>>

>> Thanks
>> Phil
>>
>Phil,

>DCA means direct current amperes. The meter must be connected in series to
>read current or you will burn it out.
>ACA means alternating current amperes. Again the meter must be connected
>in series.
>DCV means direct current voltage. Connect the meter in parallel to read
>voltage.
>What are you planning on doing with this meter?

>Pete

No offense meant, but if you have to ask what these terms are DO NOT
connect anything in series with the meter, get some assistance.

Patrick