RODRIGUEZ

SIMON ANDREW GRIFFITHS GRFSIM001

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

PLEASE HAS ANY BODY GOT SUGARMAN TAB OR CHORDS
THANX SIMON

Downs

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

SIMON ANDREW GRIFFITHS GRFSIM001 wrote in message
<356BBDAE...@eng.uct.ac.za>...

>PLEASE HAS ANY BODY GOT SUGARMAN TAB OR CHORDS
>THANX SIMON

Simon
Most Americans have never heard of Rodriguez, he was never really
acknowledged in his own country .
I believe that when they eventually tracked him down he was found to be an
accountant

For those who do not know, Sixto Rodriguez released two albums for Buddha
records in the late sixties and then became obscure as Buddha was bought by
A&M and his contract was not renewed. The two records found their way into
A&M's Australian and South African catalogues, and have sold extremely well
and very consistently since then. Americans were indifferent when asked to
find the original artiste as he did not feature in their popularity stakes
Nobody could find Rodriguez, but roumours abounded He had been assassinated
by the CIA whilst performing onstage in New York 'cos he knew too much about
the John Lennon Murder. A group of loyal fans recently decided to find him
and eventually tracked him down to Detroit, where they dragged him out of
relative obscurity and arranged a tour for him to South Africa, and
Australia, where he was all of a sudden a legend performing to capacity
crowds. With lots of Rands and Australian Dollars waiting in back royalties.

In a recent T.V. Quiz some of the kids who were participating could not name
two of the Beatles, or one of Bob Dylans biggest hits, but could provide the
same information when asked about Rodriguez.

Looks like Sugar man really brought back all of those colours to his dreams.
There is a website somewhere with the full story and a blow by blow account
of the search for Rodriguez

will.d...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2013, 8:06:36 AM2/6/13
Indeed, just finding out, and I always thought I knew my folk rock.

Sixto Rodriguez - Like Janis:
http://youtu.be/diwYuQ5zyRI