Re: Abstract paintings of Will Dockery

Will Dockery

Feb 7, 2009, 11:21:56 AM2/7/09

"George Dance" wrote:
>"Will Dockery" wrote:

(Google ain't quoting right this morning, or something, so my replies are
with an *)

> I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings, which
> some of you may have an interest in checking out, for whichever reasons
you prefer.

> These paintings are made with a variety of materials from oil, watercolor
> and pastel paints, to housepaint, solvents and melted plastics:
>
> http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F
>
> Comments and critique, as with all my work in all forms, is most welcome.

Reminds me of some of this guy's stuff:
http://www.skypoint.com/members/dmh7/GhostPosters/Borborygmae/

*Heh... who would have figured?

>In a couple of cases, (Ozone Stigmata being one I remember), I liked
your detail shot better than the full picture. For that reason I think I'd
appreciate the originals better if I could enlarge >them and see more
detail.

*Yes, as I noted to another person a few minutes ago:

"...The photos were not taken by Martin Scorsese, but just a pal with a
camera, so first off they're not as crisp a veiw as you'd get if you were
standing in the shed with me, but that tossed off comment is typical of your
lazy commentary. I have to say if, say, you think that these two close-ups
of a section of two of the paintings:

http://tinyurl.com/green-planet

compared with

http://tinyurl.com/cqzktb

And still shrug and claim they're 'pretty much the same', then you either
need a new pair of glasses, or you're indulging in your typical, and
tiresomely whining negativity game..."

Oh course, this person (who no doubt fancies himself a better paint dribber)
probably never made it past the opening thumbnail, if his usual standard of
critique is the way he approached these paintings.

But, yes, properly scanned or better photographed, I'm sure they'd have more
of their intended impact, thanks for taking the time to give them a try.

>Not that I didn't like any of them. "Planet Fall" had a
composition I liked; I wouldn't be ashamed to have it on a wall of my living
room.

>Unfortunately, this whole way of creating art reminds me of tossing
off -- just throwing something down and hopin the result is >art.

*I've thrown away and given away many paintings that I think failed...
sometimes to my regret. When I moved out of a house back in 1989, I left all
the paintings I'd done up to that point there, because they just didn't
"move" me anymore, or at least not enough to "move" them... damned heavy
pieces... I feel this batch works better, so far...

>I see
too much of that in attempts to write poetry, on usenet and elsewyere,
>and I don't like it here any better here than there.

*You might like my comix better... maybe...

>Occasionally a
good piece does result; but that's always too dependent on accident or
>mere coincidence for my liking.

*Yes, I'm guilty of about 20 years of poetry that could be judged in that
way, just over the last decade or so knuckling down to working in more
"universal language" and trying the more traditional forms... I credit the
collaborations with musicians who insist on knowing what the hell's going on
at the time with working more and more in that direction,

For example, HC /hates/ things like the title "Ozone Stigmata" and so forth,
he tried to insist we call it "Handbasket From Hell" for weeks, "You gotta
have the listener be able to find it on the jukebox!", but the words "Ozone
Stigmata" are jam-packed with multiple meanings, and I have to stand my
ground in certain cases like these... I can only pander to the masses so
far... heh.

--
"Twilight Girl" and other song-poems by Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Will Dockery

Feb 7, 2009, 1:17:21 PM2/7/09
"msifg" <gim...@cox.net> wrote:

>"Will Dockery" wrote:
>
> >> I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings,
which

> >> cool!
> >>
> >> my dad just sent me a bunch of abstract art.
> >>
> >> it's some of my favorite kind of art.
> >>
> >> my dad paints on a regular basis.
> >
> > Are any of your father's works online anywhere? I'd like to check those
> > out,
> > since abstract is by far my favorite form.
> >
> > I hope to somedays get some of Sulzbach's work scanned and online, but
> > he's
> > such a hermit-type, living out in the wouds of Alabama, it'll be some
trick getting that done.

> >> thanks for sharing.
> >>
> >> (sharks beware:
> >> i've got a new pair of teeth.)
> >
> > This unsent post I just found in my "Drafts" section, from last year, of
> > another old-time artist friend of mine, you might enjoy, as well:
> >
> > Here are galleries of Barfield, my teacher, who has been highly
influenced
> > by Aborigine art and culture...
> >
> > The art of Dan Barfield:

<snip for brevity>

> > http://www.danbarfield.com/index.php
> >
> > The Dream:
> > http://www.danbarfield.com/gallery1.php
> >
> > The Reality:
> > http://www.danbarfield.com/gallery2.php
>
> my dad is very old and has never been interested
> in sharing his art but with close friends and family.
>
> we try to get him to go online like some of his
> art friends. however, he really doesn't feel
> like his work merits that kind of exposure.
>
> i think it does. however, i'm far from an expert.

Hope you can convince him to put some out for the world, though.

> that dan barfeild stuff is abstract.
> however, my dads stuff is more like yours.
> the barfield stuff is pretty and phantasmagorical
> in an otherworldly kind of way. it kept taking
> me to the astral plane. that's some of my
> favorite stuff. people who paint like
> that usually don't get much exposure.
> that's what makes it "art."
>
> i'm not big on discussing paints and techniques
> but i love sharing ideas like you just did.
> my dad just offloaded a few paintings on to
> me as gifts. at some point, i'll scan them
> onto a webpage dedicated to him. i really
> don't know what's going to happen to all of
> his stuff when he goes. he's got hundreds
> laying around the house.

Barfield's art almost got me arrested a few years ago, a nosy peeping tom
thought I had "dead bodies" stashed in the backroom:

----
Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA)
July 13, 1997
Section: LOCAL
Edition: FIRST
Page: B1

HOW GROSS THY ART
Tim Chitwood

Apparently it was all just a big misunderstanding.

The misunderstanding led to a 911 call about a decomposing body in an old
house M***** S*****'s husband R****** owns at 2113 **th St. in Columbus.
That led to the discovery that it wasn't a body after all, but artwork made
of barbed wire and blowtorched Barbie dolls. But it sure looked like a body
to police. And it looked like a body to paramedics. And it definitely looked
like a body to Danny W****.

Danny is a real estate agent who with M***** went to look at the house July
2. He wanted to buy it and fix it up. It needs fixing up. The roof leaks in
places and some of the floor's rotting. The S**** now live on F**** Drive
and use the **th Street house for storage. M*****'s son Will Dockery lets
friends -- artists, poets and madmen, Will says -- store their work there.

Among those artists is Dan Barfield, who has a concept piece called
"Vietnam,'' part of which the veteran made of melted Barbie dolls. ("He
hates Barbies,'' says his wife Judy.) It now lies on the floor among other
stuff stored in the dark, northwest bedroom of the ##th Street house. To
someone who didn't know what it was, it might look like a rib cage and
sternum atop decayed matter.

That's what it looked like to Danny W**** when he walked into that musty
room, first staring up at the rafters. Then he looked down. Then he froze.
Then he ran.

He wasn't sure what he saw. Maybe a body. Maybe it was sealed with wax,
which trapped the odor. Maybe this was a bizarre ritual. Maybe he didn't
want to know.

M***** followed Danny as he dashed outside, where he tried to make a call on
his cell phone. She told him not to. According to her, she told him he'd
just seen some artwork. According to Danny, she never said that; she just
said they didn't need the police coming there.

This did not sound reassuring. Danny had to make that call. Now don't call
the police, M***** said again. She says she also told Danny her son Will had
a bad temper, and he wouldn't like Danny calling the police.

She says Danny replied that the police wouldn't do anything to her; she
wasn't involved. That's true, she said (she wasn't involved in storing the
art), but the police needn't be bothered.

M***** claims Danny then offered her $13,000 for the house, then said it
needed so much work the most he could give her was $10,000.

Danny maintains all M***** did was tell him no one should call the police.

The next day, someone called the police.

About 10:30 a.m., police and paramedics rushed to the house, unboarded a
door to get in and examined what they, too, thought was a decaying body,
oddly odorless. Then they poked it and figured out it wasn't. It was such a
weird story, the Ledger-Enquirer ran it on the front page July 4.

That's how M****** learned police had broken into the house. She was
perturbed. She blamed Danny.

Danny won't say he called police, but admits he told someone what he thought
he saw. Stan Swiney of the 911 center says the call reportedly came from a
Billy Hanson. (No Billy Hanson listed in the Columbus telephone directory
was involved; I called.)

The 911 report said someone saw the alleged corpse through a window. That's
difficult: The room's dark; the window's dirty; the art's hard to see.

The artist, Dan Barfield, says it's funny Danny W**** would be frightened,
because the real estate agent stopped by a few months ago when Dan was
moving art into the house, and this piece was out on the lawn at the time.
The artist claims the agent told him a decayed body was found in the house
once.

Danny says that's outrageous: He has never met Dan Barfield. "I would
remember that,'' he says.

Danny says he just wanted to buy the house to help clean up the
neighborhood, where he owns other property. ``As far as I'm concerned now,
they couldn't give it to me,'' he says.

Perhaps it will remain the house of scary art, where once people thought
they saw a dead body.

But didn't.
----

Barfield took off to live in Texas a year or so ago and I haven't heard a
word from him since... hope the old cuss is doing okay out there.

Will Dockery

Feb 7, 2009, 2:51:18 PM2/7/09

"Savageduck" wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings, which
> >> some of you may have an interest in checking out, for whichever reasons
you prefer.

> >> These paintings are made with a variety of materials from oil,
watercolor
> >> and pastel paints, to housepaint, solvents and melted plastics:
> >>
> >> http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F
> >>
> >> Comments and critique, as with all my work in all forms, is most
welcome.

> Pollock is much maligned.
> Most of those who ridicule his work have not experienced it, only
> imagine that they are capable of similar work without his artistry and
> intellect

No, it isn't as easy as so many of those people would think, and certainly
isn't just a matter of "splashing paint on a board", as folks like to
assume.

(alcohol not withstanding) they never attain his result. He
> was unique.

He inspired quite a few greats that seem to be often overlooked, such as the
previously mentioned Richard Dousette-Dart, who was actually a more direct
influence on my paintings, having studied his works up close.

http://www.artnet.com/artist/13705/richard-pousette-dart.html

Pousette-Dart's work was here on exhibition for a few months back in 1991
(1990 - 1992 Retrospektives in Indianapolis, Detroit, Columbus Georgia,
Washington), and one of my favorite things to do at the time was to smoke a
good joint and wander among his paintings.

> Here is Pollock #2 at the Munson Williams Procter Arts Institute Utica
> NY, http://snipr.com/7or04-wiksca
> MWP http://www.mwpai.org/museum/collections/modernandcontemporary/

Great stuff, yes... a shame so many people just don't "get it".

> Regards,
> Savageduck

Thanks, and great name, btw... heh.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 7, 2009, 10:02:55 PM2/7/09

"Will Dockery" <will-dock...@knology.net> wrote in message

> "Savageduck" wrote:
>> Will Dockery wrote:
>>
>>> I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings, which
> you prefer.

> watercolor

> welcome.
>>
>> Pollock is much maligned.
>> Most of those who ridicule his work have not experienced it, only
>> imagine that they are capable of similar work without his artistry and
>> intellect
>
> No, it isn't as easy as so many of those people would think, and certainly
> isn't just a matter of "splashing paint on a board", as folks like to
> assume.

Though Duckery tends to just shit on a post card and mail it to the
Smithsonian.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 7, 2009, 10:07:11 PM2/7/09

> *I've thrown away and given away many paintings that I think failed...

Which would be all of them.

> sometimes to my regret.

Is it psychologically possible for a narcissist to have regrets?

> When I moved out of a house back in 1989,

"moved out" = he came back to find the locks changed and all his shit on the
ground

>I left all
> the paintings I'd done up to that point there, because they just didn't
> "move" me anymore, or at least not enough to "move" them...

translation: The drugs wore off and he sobered up.

>damned heavy
> pieces... I feel this batch works better, so far...
>
>>I see
> too much of that in attempts to write poetry, on usenet and elsewyere,
>>and I don't like it here any better here than there.
>
> *You might like my comix better... maybe...
>
>>Occasionally a
> good piece does result; but that's always too dependent on accident or
>>mere coincidence for my liking.
>
> *Yes, I'm guilty of about 20 years of poetry that could be judged

as total shit and a waste of your entire life. Great job, Duckery. You're
going to die poor and pathetic. Your remains will be cremated and buried in
Potter's Field.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 7, 2009, 10:09:26 PM2/7/09

> Barfield's art almost got me arrested a few years ago, a nosy peeping tom
> thought I had "dead bodies" stashed in the backroom:
>
> ----
> Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA)
> July 13, 1997
> Section: LOCAL
> Edition: FIRST
> Page: B1
>
> HOW GROSS THY ART
> Tim Chitwood
>
> Apparently it was all just a big misunderstanding.
>
> The misunderstanding led to a 911 call about a decomposing body in an old
> house M***** S*****'s husband R****** owns at 2113 **th St. in Columbus.
> That led to the discovery that it wasn't a body after all, but artwork
> made
> of barbed wire and blowtorched Barbie dolls. But it sure looked like a
> body
> to police. And it looked like a body to paramedics. And it definitely
> looked
> like a body to Danny W****.

What the fuck? Duckery messing around with barbed wire and Barbie dolls?
This is a side of Duckery that, while not unexpected, is still creepy and
twisted.

FarStar

Feb 7, 2009, 4:28:41 PM2/7/09
Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:

> as total shit and a waste of your

boy your a rose aren't you

Subjugate the rhyme and rawk with the rhythm
Only got one line to balk all the schizm

SteepleJack Beer
http://www.lulu.com/content/5611390

FarStar

Feb 7, 2009, 5:03:44 PM2/7/09
"Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain" fanged in his unlife:

> Though Duckery tends to just shit on a post card and mail it to the
> Smithsonian.

They asked to see if his shit was really inspired, and he merely replied,
"see for your self"
You must have asked too, you're own fault. Sour grapes and all that.

FarStar

Feb 7, 2009, 5:30:47 PM2/7/09
Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:

<mercy snip>

what the hell, I really should call the vampire hunters
this outbreak is getting worse

Will Dockery

Feb 8, 2009, 6:09:13 AM2/8/09
On Feb 7, 6:08 pm, "Charles" wrote:
> "Will Dockery" wrote:
>
> > I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings, which some of you may have an interest in checking out, for whichever reasons you prefer.
>
> > These paintings are made with a variety of materials from oil, watercolor
> > and pastel paints, to housepaint, solvents and melted plastics:
>
> >http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F
>
> > Comments and critique, as with all my work in all forms, is most welcome.
>
> I especially like "Black and Blue Night."
>
> Thanks for sharing.

"Black and Blue Night":

http://www.fototime.com/{496A5179-1A5C-46AB-AE9A-B29043A793A4}/picture.JPG

Thanks for having a look, and commenting, Charles. I hope to get a
clearler, sharper shot of this one (and the others) online sometime
soon, as almost two-thirds of this fairly big one is obscured in the
shot. It was freezing, running late, and my friend just took a few
quick shots before we took off for a warm cafe. "BaBN" night was made
with all sorts of plastic toys held on a stick and melted onto the
board... melted plastic is a fairly dangerous medium to work with, to
say the least! If the lava-like heat doesn't get you (which it always
does at some point, human skin seems to have an almost magnetic effect
on it) then the fumes will.

Fascinating experiments, though.

--
"Twilight Girl" and other poetry & music from Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Will Dockery

Feb 8, 2009, 4:12:23 PM2/8/09

"Dale Houstman" wrote:

> Savageduck wrote:
>
> > Pollock is much maligned.
> > Most of those who ridicule his work have not experienced it, only
> > imagine that they are capable of similar work without his artistry and
> > intellect (alcohol not withstanding) they never attain his result. He
> > was unique.
>
> As we have seen with Dockery's paintings:

http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F

Thanks for the comments, and for having a look.

--
"Twilight Girl" and other poetry-music from Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Will Dockery

Feb 8, 2009, 8:30:22 PM2/8/09

"msifg" wrote:
> "Will Dockery" wrote:

> > reasons you prefer.

>> http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F

<snipped for brevity>

> that's one hell of a story, Will.
>
> thanks for sharing.

That was a great time period where the area was just bursting with great
artists and poets, which looked like it would expand... poetry readings were
"in" around here for a while, 1995-1999 or so, there was even a city-wide
"best of" in music, arts, poetry, the Perky Awards which I took in 1998:

http://www.fototime.com/{030189BB-B6FD-45B8-ACDF-8F90760C28FB}/picture.JPG

As the Bush era unfolded, coincidentally much of that kind of ground down,
people drifted apart, and I began working more and more with rock and blues
music, and deal in that crowd more now. There's still poetry readings here,
but the venue lack "spark" for me, in a quiet-zone, no smoking, at the
public library... gone for now are the poetry nights in the smoky bars,
although every now and then a poet will drift through and read at the open
mic. Poetry is absorbed into the music, which is actually where it began
back around the dawn of time, anyhow.

Speaking of the music... I'm running late for the Sunday show, the archives
of which I hope to be arranging to archive online soon... so more on this
interesting historical stuff later, including a Hammes Retrospective.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 10, 2009, 10:46:58 PM2/10/09

"FarStar" <ecowb...@gmailREMOVEME.com> wrote in message

> Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:
>
>> as total shit and a waste of your
>
> boy your a rose aren't you

says the Venus Guy Trap. Go play somewhere else, you poor, pathetic,
post-directing NEWBIE.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 10, 2009, 10:56:21 PM2/10/09

"Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Feb 7, 6:08 pm, "Charles" wrote:
> "Will Dockery" wrote:
>
> > I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings, which
> > some of you may have an interest in checking out, for whichever reasons
> > you prefer.
>
> > These paintings are made with a variety of materials from oil,
> > watercolor
> > and pastel paints, to housepaint, solvents and melted plastics:
>
> >http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F
>
> > Comments and critique, as with all my work in all forms, is most
> > welcome.
>
> I especially like "Black and Blue Night."
>
> Thanks for sharing.

"Black and Blue Night":

http://www.fototime.com/{496A5179-1A5C-46AB-AE9A-B29043A793A4}/picture.JPG

Thanks for having a look, and commenting, Charles. I hope to get a
clearler, sharper shot of this one (and the others) online sometime
soon, as almost two-thirds of this fairly big one is obscured in the
shot.

#So it's HIS fault you're a horrible photographer?

It was freezing, running late, and my friend just took a few
quick shots before we took off for a warm cafe.

#Wow. Lazy in all things. So typically Dockery.

"BaBN" night was made
with all sorts of plastic toys held on a stick and melted onto the
board...

#A fucking ten year old could do the same thing and call it "art."

melted plastic is a fairly dangerous medium to work with, to
say the least! If the lava-like heat doesn't get you (which it always
does at some point, human skin seems to have an almost magnetic effect
on it) then the fumes will.

#Oh yes I am sure you are an expert on "the fumes."

Fascinating experiments, though.

#You're a dumbshit.

--
"I Might Be A Girl" and other poetry & music from Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 10, 2009, 10:59:20 PM2/10/09

"Will Dockery" <will-dock...@knology.net> wrote in message

= snip pointless crap =

> That was a great time period where the area was just bursting with great
> artists and poets, which looked like it would expand... poetry readings
> were
> "in" around here for a while, 1995-1999 or so, there was even a city-wide
> "best of" in music, arts, poetry, the Perky Awards which I took in 1998:
>
> http://www.fototime.com/{030189BB-B6FD-45B8-ACDF-8F90760C28FB}/picture.JPG

Did the Perky Awards honor slovenlyness and narcisstic behavior? Or maybe
I'm thinking of the Golden Globes.

> As the Bush era unfolded, coincidentally much of that kind of ground down,
> people drifted apart, and I began working more and more with rock and
> blues
> music, and deal in that crowd more now.

So Dockery blames Bush for his current state of mental health. The sad part
is, that could actually work.

FarStar

Feb 10, 2009, 5:22:51 PM2/10/09
Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:

> "Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 7, 6:08 pm, "Charles" wrote:

so what, you're an aborted baby orc with a pitchfork through your fish-head
supper, yum

Subjugate the rhyme and rawk with the rhythm
Only got one line to balk all the schizm

with god and laugh, bring all to shocking rose
with rod and staff we walk a rocky road

SteepleJack Beer
http://www.lulu.com/content/5611390

FarStar

Feb 10, 2009, 5:24:53 PM2/10/09

Waaa, I think you really hurt my feelings, go write something and show how
all your hard work has made you a really great poet.

Subjugate the rhyme and rawk with the rhythm
Only got one line to balk all the schizm

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 11, 2009, 1:39:39 AM2/11/09

> Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain wrote:
>

>> "FarStar" <ecowb...@gmailREMOVEME.com> wrote in message
>>> Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:

>>> boy your a rose aren't you
>>

>> says the Venus Guy Trap. Go play somewhere else, you poor, pathetic,
>> post-directing NEWBIE.
>

> Waaa, I think you really hurt my feelings, go write something and show how
> all your hard work has made you a really great poet.

follow-up directing newbie homo sez what?

Go suck Will off some more, you pathetic twit. I hear he enjoys it.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 11, 2009, 1:39:58 AM2/11/09

> Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:
>

>> "Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Feb 7, 6:08 pm, "Charles" wrote:
>

> so what, you're an aborted baby orc with a pitchfork through your
> fish-head
> supper, yum

You are truly a sad piece of shit.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 11, 2009, 1:40:20 AM2/11/09

> Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:
>

>> "Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Feb 7, 4:13 pm, FarStar wrote:
>>

> dorcus, get off my channel

This isn't a channel you fuckin' moron, it's a NEWSGROUP.

FarStar

Feb 10, 2009, 6:52:28 PM2/10/09
Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:

>my dick would feel good up your ass

your imagination gets the better of you penis

FarStar

Feb 10, 2009, 6:53:29 PM2/10/09
Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:

>I'm going to try to belittle some because it gets my dick harder

big-shooter, whoo

FarStar

Feb 10, 2009, 8:02:13 PM2/10/09
Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:

>I'm going to belittle you to and see if you suck my dick

can't suck an imagination

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 11, 2009, 11:33:17 AM2/11/09

> Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:
>
>>I'm going to try to belittle some because it gets my dick harder
>
> big-shooter, whoo
> --

I see Duckery has taught you the stupider points of post-editing.
Congratulations on achieving such a monumental waypoint of stupidity.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 11, 2009, 11:33:44 AM2/11/09

> Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:
>
>>I'm going to belittle you to and see if you suck my dick
>
> can't suck an imagination

Geez, and here I thought there wasn't anyone lower than Duckery on the
post-editing scale.

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 11, 2009, 11:34:13 AM2/11/09

> Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain fanged:
>
>>my dick would feel good up your ass
>
> your imagination gets the better of you penis

Dude, if you're gay, you don't have to post-edit to try to prove it. I'm
sure Dockery will join you at a gloryhole somewhere.

Will Dockery

Feb 11, 2009, 5:05:34 PM2/11/09
Meat Plow says...

>"Will Dockery" wrote:
>
> >>I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings, which
> >>some of you may have an interest in checking out, for whichever reasons you prefer.
>
> >>These paintings are made with a variety of materials from oil, watercolor
> >>and pastel paints, to housepaint, solvents and melted plastics:
>
> >>http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F
>
> >>Comments and critique, as with all my work in all forms, is most welcome.
>
> >Looks like you put the canvas on the floor and dumped paint on it.

The style's called "Action Painting":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_painting

"...Action painting, sometimes called "gestural abstraction", is a
style of painting in which paint is spontaneously dribbled, splashed
or smeared onto the canvas, rather than being carefully applied.[1]
The resulting work often emphasizes the physical act of painting
itself as an essential aspect of the finished work or concern of its
artist...'

This part's good:

"...According to Harold Rosenberg the canvas was 'an arena in which to
act' [...] it was the physicality of the paintings' clotted and oil-
caked surfaces that was the key to understanding them as documents of
the artists' existential struggle [...] Rosenberg's critique shifted
the emphasis from the object to the struggle itself, with the finished
painting being only the physical manifestation, a kind of residue, of
the actual work of art, which was in the act or process of the
painting's creation [...] Over the next two decades, Rosenberg's
redefinition of art as an act rather than an object, as a process
rather than a product, was influential, and laid the foundation for a
number of major art movements, from Happenings and Fluxus to
Conceptual, Performance art, Installation art and Earth Art..."

Anyway, thanks for having a look and commenting.

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6BGlXmtzE8
Vocals: Will Dockery. Music: The Shadowville Allstars. Based on

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 11, 2009, 10:31:59 PM2/11/09

> Meat Plow says...

>> >Looks like you put the canvas on the floor and dumped paint on it.
>
> The style's called "Action Painting":

Looks more like "Lazy Drunken Crap" to me.

Dale Houstman

Feb 11, 2009, 11:48:23 PM2/11/09
Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain wrote:
The funny thing? He thinks his "paintings" possess a "style"...

dmh

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 12, 2009, 12:50:04 AM2/12/09

"Dale Houstman" <dm...@skypoint.com> wrote in message

Well if crap is a style...

Will Dockery

Feb 12, 2009, 12:57:23 PM2/12/09
Dale Houstman wrote:
>"Will Dockery" wrote:
>
>>> I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings, which
>>> some of you may have an interest in checking out, for whichever reasons you prefer.
>>> These paintings are made with a variety of materials from oil,
>>> watercolor
>>> and pastel paints, to housepaint, solvents and melted plastics:
>
>>>http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F
>
>>> Comments and critique, as with all my work in all forms, is most
>>> welcome.
>
>> Looks like you put the canvas on the floor and dumped paint on it.
>> The style's called "Action Painting":
>
> The funny thing? He thinks his "paintings" possess a "style"...

Even funnier is your self-critique yesterday where you confess you
find your "Today Was Pot Holder Day" poem "charming"... that pretty
much reveals all we need to know about your jealous complaints.

--
Abstract paintings of Will Dockery:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 12, 2009, 10:19:32 PM2/12/09

> Dale Houstman wrote:

>>> Looks like you put the canvas on the floor and dumped paint on it.
>>> The style's called "Action Painting":
>>
>> The funny thing? He thinks his "paintings" possess a "style"...
>
> Even funnier is

...the fact that you continue to do the stupid shit you do even after it's
been pointed out to you what a hopeless half-wit you are?

Will Dockery

Feb 17, 2009, 6:58:56 PM2/17/09

"On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built" wrote:
>Will Dockery says...

> >I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings, which
> >some of you may have an interest in checking out, for whichever reasons
you prefer.

> >These paintings are made with a variety of materials from oil, watercolor
> >and pastel paints, to housepaint, solvents and melted plastics:
>>
>> http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F
>>
>>Comments and critique, as with all my work in all forms, are most welcome.
>
> this is most interesting.

And even more interesting to create, sometimes. In fact, the /creation/ of
Action Paintings is considered to be a form of "performance art".

--
"Ozone Stigmata", by Will Dockery & Henry Conley, guest mandolinist, Brian
Fowler:

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Feb 18, 2009, 12:02:28 AM2/18/09

"Will Dockery" <will.d...@knology.net> wrote in message

> "On The Highways and Bi-Ways God Built" wrote:
>>Will Dockery says...
>>
>> >I've posted a new gallery of some of my recent abstract paintings, which
>> >some of you may have an interest in checking out, for whichever reasons
> you prefer.
>> >
>> >These paintings are made with a variety of materials from oil,
>> >watercolor
>> >and pastel paints, to housepaint, solvents and melted plastics:
>>>
>>> http://www.fototime.com/inv/E917106F136751F
>>>
>>>Comments and critique, as with all my work in all forms, are most
>>>welcome.
>>
>> this is most interesting.
>
> And even more interesting to create, sometimes. In fact, the /creation/ of
> Action Paintings is considered to be a form of "performance art".

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OH MAN

just...OH MAN

WHAT THE FUCK

HAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Will Dockery

Mar 2, 2009, 10:59:55 PM3/2/09
Here's a few abstract paintings made by our friend George Sulzbach,
some really interesting stuff that I'm hoping to help him get online
and sell prints of soon:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92593&id=620409362&l=37aa2

Sulzbach is also the illustrator of the upcoming "Shadowville
Speedway" cd album.

0x0000 <pdwi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> By the same token, however, many - I would say most - of those who
> train in disciplines like writing and painting and music never manage
> to reach a point where their efforts can properly be called "Art".
> The phenomenon of "hack" writing is fairly well-known and well-
> understood. The hack artists get away with a bit more because fewer
> people are willing to assert their own ability to label Art as "crap"
> or "not crap". This is mostly due to the brainwashing we receive in
> school, and throughout society.
>
> Hack musicians tend to be the worst offenders simply because anyone
> who can do anything that sounds even remotely "musical" (i.e. make a
> sound on an instrument") /and/ who is not embarrassed to perform in
> front of people can plausibly pass as a "musician" and will draw an
> audience (a crowd) if they are in some way more interesting than
> whatever it is the victim (audience) was doing before the hack began
> performing. A good example of this is the so-called "country/rock
> bar band" that is so pervasive through-out this region (the Bible
> Belt, USA). Typically these guys can imitate quite well - sometimes
> almost flawlessly - those people who actually make the music to begin
> with, but they usually do not have the ability to actually transcend
> the copying of someone else's work to make music as Art, independent
> of the commerce that has come to control who gets to hear what, these
> days...
>
> Anyway. You really should not, imo, discourage people from trying to
> engage in the Arts - regardless of their level of "training". That's
> what's killing the Arts - no ordinary mortal person these days
> believes they are "good enough". Of course, they may not be, but as a
> critic, you should be far more concerned with what any given wannabe
> is gonna do /next/ than with picking apart what you believe to be
> problems with what they've already done. Unless, of course, you're
> one of those people who believe that Art can come from places like
> American Idol, in which case I have no real interest in reading or
> hearing anything you may have to say on the subject....
>
> > > Here is Pollock #2 at the Munson Williams Procter Arts Institute Utica
> > > NY,http://snipr.com/7or04-wiksca
> > > MWPhttp://www.mwpai.org/museum/collections/modernandcontemporary/

--
"Shadowville Speedway" and other song-poems:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

msifg

Mar 3, 2009, 12:05:36 AM3/3/09

Here's a few abstract paintings made by our friend George Sulzbach,
some really interesting stuff that I'm hoping to help him get online
and sell prints of soon:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92593&id=620409362&l=37aa2

Sulzbach is also the illustrator of the upcoming "Shadowville
Speedway" cd album.

*hey,
that's really cool stuff, Will.

i'm not top student in an art school,
but i know what i like. hehe

Will Dockery

Mar 3, 2009, 12:26:42 AM3/3/09

msifg wrote:
> "Will Dockery" wrote:
>

> Here's a few abstract paintings made by our friend George Sulzbach,
> some really interesting stuff that I'm hoping to help him get online
> and sell prints of soon:
>
> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92593&id=620409362&l=37aa2
>
> Sulzbach is also the illustrator of the upcoming "Shadowville
> Speedway" cd album.
>
> *hey,
> that's really cool stuff, Will.
>
> i'm not top student in an art school,
> but i know what i like. hehe

Absolutely... Sulzbach did a nice black & white pen drawing of me for
the CD cover, I'll post the link to that for y'all to check out when I
get back over that way...

--
Abstract paintings of George Sulzbach:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92593&id=620409362&l=37aa2

Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain

Mar 5, 2009, 11:50:26 PM3/5/09

"Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Here's a few abstract paintings made by our friend George Sulzbach,
some really interesting stuff that I'm hoping to help him get online
and sell prints of soon:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92593&id=620409362&l=37aa2

Sulzbach is also the illustrator of the upcoming "Shadowville
Speedway" cd album.

Can't be much worse than that shithole pizza flyer you made awhile back.

Will Dockery

Aug 25, 2009, 8:38:23 AM8/25/09

"Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain" wrote in message
> "Will Dockery" wrote in message
>
> Here's a few abstract paintings made by our friend George Sulzbach,
> some really interesting stuff that I'm hoping to help him get online
> and sell prints of soon:
>
> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92593&id=620409362&l=37aa2
>
> Sulzbach is also the illustrator of the upcoming "Shadowville Speedway" cd
> album.
>
> Can't be much worse

No, his art is pretty good, actually. Here's a selection on the "She Sleeps
Tight" video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uGY157cpiU

Bert C

Aug 25, 2009, 9:14:31 AM8/25/09
"Will Dockery" <shado...@knology.net> wrote:

> > Can't be much worse
>
> No, his art is pretty good, actually. Here's a selection on the "She
> Sleeps Tight" video:

No, it really can't be much worse. It's also hard to believe that this
'music' is written and performed by adults. I guess in Dockery's case being
an alcoholic, mentally challenged pizza delivery boy limits one's horizons.
Thank god he has usenet as an outlet.

Will Dockery

Aug 25, 2009, 9:18:33 AM8/25/09
On Aug 25, 9:14 am, bertconstant...@hotmail.com(Bert C) wrote:

> "Will Dockery" wrote:
>
> > No, his art is pretty good, actually. Here's a selection on the "She
> > Sleeps Tight" video:
>
> No, it really can't be much worse. It's also hard to believe that this
> 'music' is written and performed by adults.

Well, thanks for listening and commenting, Bert, and better luck next
time.

--
"She Sleeps Tight", vocals by Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris, guitars by
Brian Mallard. Paintings by George Sulzbach:

John McWilliams

Aug 25, 2009, 6:43:22 PM8/25/09
Will Dockery wrote:
> On Aug 25, 9:14 am, bertconstant...@hotmail.com(Bert C) wrote:
>> "Will Dockery" wrote:
>>
>>> No, his art is pretty good, actually. Here's a selection on the "She
>>> Sleeps Tight" video:
>> No, it really can't be much worse. It's also hard to believe that this
>> 'music' is written and performed by adults.
>
> Well, thanks for listening and commenting, Bert, and better luck next
> time.

Good luck!

Will Dockery

Aug 25, 2009, 7:34:50 PM8/25/09

"John McWilliams" <jp...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> Well, thanks for listening and commenting, Bert, and better luck next
>> time.
>>
> Good luck!

Thanks, and likewise to you!

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Aug 26, 2009, 7:44:08 PM8/26/09

"Will Dockery" <shado...@knology.net> wrote in message

> "Orsen Wells w/Citizen Cain" wrote in message
>> "Will Dockery" wrote in message
>>
>> Here's a few abstract paintings made by our friend George Sulzbach,
>> some really interesting stuff that I'm hoping to help him get online
>> and sell prints of soon:
>>
>> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92593&id=620409362&l=37aa2
>>
>> Sulzbach is also the illustrator of the upcoming "Shadowville Speedway"
>> cd album.
>>
>> Can't be much worse
>
> No, his art is pretty good, actually

While yours is shit.

Will Dockery

Aug 30, 2009, 10:55:48 AM8/30/09
On Aug 25, 9:14 am, bertconstant...@hotmail.com(Bert C) wrote:

> I guess in Dockery's case being an alcoholic

Well, I haven't had a drop of booze since January 1st 2008, so i think
that counts for something, eh?

--
"Silver Blazing Sun" written by Will Dockery & Brian Mallard,
performed by The Shadowville All-Stars. ©2009 Images composed from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot-RTkMkQJo

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Aug 31, 2009, 12:15:55 AM8/31/09

On Aug 25, 9:14 am, bertconstant...@hotmail.com(Bert C) wrote:

> I guess in Dockery's case being an alcoholic

Well, I haven't had a drop of booze since January 1st 2008, so i think

*I* think you are a horrible liar.

Will Dockery

Sep 2, 2009, 12:36:24 PM9/2/09
On Aug 31, 12:15 am, "Orson Wells as CitizenCain"
<noem...@here.invalidd> wrote:
> "Will Dockery" <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Aug 25, 9:14 am, bertconstant...@hotmail.com(Bert C) wrote:
>

> > I guess in Dockery's case being an alcoholic
>
> Well, I haven't had a drop of booze since January 1st 2008, so I think

> *I* think you are a horrible liar.

Just goes to show that "thinking" isn't your strong suit, Dink.

--
"Silver Blazing Sun" written by Will Dockery & Brian Mallard,
performed by The Shadowville All-Stars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot-RTkMkQJo

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Sep 5, 2009, 11:35:53 PM9/5/09

> a horrible liar.

Will Dockery

Sep 9, 2009, 3:47:00 AM9/9/09
The art of the late Robin Barron:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=449380614&albumId=348977

> > Here's a few abstract paintings made by our friend George Sulzbach,
> > some really interesting stuff that I'm hoping to help him get online
> > and sell prints of soon:
>
> >http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92593&id=620409362&l=37aa2
>
> > Sulzbach is also the illustrator of the upcoming "Shadowville Speedway" cd
> > album.
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uGY157cpiU

will.d...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2015, 1:32:30 PM9/15/15
Interesting thread from long ago, dealing with my paintings and those of other artists.

And so it went.