POLL (primarily for heterosexuals): Is there someone within your own gender with whom you would have sex? Who? Why?

Jade

Oct 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/21/97

My SO and I were recently talking about famous people within our own
gender we would want to have sex with...He said David Bowie...Now, both of
us are heterosexual as we are dating eachother...But this inspired a great
deal of thought and curiosity as to how many other people would "bend the
rules" for anyone that they just found irresistably sexy...

So...I'd like to hear what everyone has to say...

Looking forward to it...

Jade...who would "bend the rules" for the girl from the movie "Hackers"
(can't remember her name)

Nace Phlaux

Oct 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/21/97

Greetings and salutations,

Jade wrote:
> Jade...who would "bend the rules" for the girl from the movie "Hackers"
> (can't remember her name)

MMMmmmm...she could make me turn fully straight again. But seriously,
I'd bend over for Christopher Hall of Stabbing Westward. And Trent
Reznor could probably get me to kneel and smile like an O.

~Nace Phlaux of Shattered Visions
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/6464/

Tim McGaughy

Oct 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/21/97

Jade (s2an...@titan.vcu.edu) wrote:
: My SO and I were recently talking about famous people within our own

: gender we would want to have sex with...He said David Bowie...Now, both of
: us are heterosexual as we are dating eachother...But this inspired a great

That doesn't necessarily follow... You could be bi.

: deal of thought and curiosity as to how many other people would "bend the
: rules" for anyone that they just found irresistably sexy...

I dunno... I don't think if you find them sexy that it's actually bending
the rules.

Not sure if a guy COULD be good-looking enough for me to want to do him...
I'm just not wired for it. There are a few guys I care about deeply, and
one of them is gay that I know of, but I never had the urge to sleep with
any of them.

As far as David Bowie goes.... I admire him greatly, but dammit, he SCARES
me.

The Grifter

Oct 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/21/97

>Jade...who would "bend the rules" for the girl from the movie "Hackers"
>(can't remember her name)

If you're thinking of the actress that played the part of "Acid-Burn",
you're thinking of Angelina Jolie. She's also in the new Rolling Stones'
video, the new movie with David Duchovny, and in a few other movies (I think
I spelled his name wrong, but you know that I'm talking about Fox Mulder off
X-Files). Not a bad pick at all.
The Grifter

emily

Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97

Jade wrote:

> My SO and I were recently talking about famous people within our own
> gender we would want to have sex with...He said David Bowie...Now, both of
> us are heterosexual as we are dating eachother...But this inspired a great
> deal of thought and curiosity as to how many other people would "bend the

> rules" for anyone that they just found irresistably sexy...
>
> So...I'd like to hear what everyone has to say...
>
> Looking forward to it...

Tori Amos, Salma Hayek, Susan Sarandon

emily
http://www.geocities.com/~emily777

Uriel

Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, The Grifter wrote:

> >Jade...who would "bend the rules" for the girl from the movie "Hackers"

> >(can't remember her name).> Angelina Jolie.

Ohhhhh, She's sooooo beautiful. She's actually the first actor/actress
that I've ever had a crush on *blush*. Sex? Definitly.

Uriel

Robert Vincent

Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97

Jade (s2an...@titan.vcu.edu) writes:
> My SO and I were recently talking about famous people within our own
> gender we would want to have sex with...He said David Bowie...Now, both of
> us are heterosexual as we are dating eachother...But this inspired a great
> deal of thought and curiosity as to how many other people would "bend the
> rules" for anyone that they just found irresistably sexy...

Brent Anderson from Suede ... he just does something for me ... David
Bowie could tempt me too, if he so chose (the late Jeff Buckley made this
list before his sad and all to premature passing).

Favion
(it must me a sex thread, since I'm ... oh, I've said that already)

I think we've all learned something here!
- Sam And Max

--
69th degree Bewilderbeest of the Serengetti Tradition
Lover of the 318th degree Fieldmouse of Nimh of the Serengetti Tradition

All hail the Zebra of the Nth degree!

Twilight

Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97

Jade wrote:
<snip question, who would you break the rules for>

> So...I'd like to hear what everyone has to say...
> Looking forward to it...

um... I've already been told that The Boi (tm) has to be allowed to
sleep with David Duchovny (sp?) if the chance arises.
And I get Caroline Blind
if the chance arises

> Jade...who would "bend the rules" for the girl from the movie "Hackers"
> (can't remember her name)

she's in the new David Duchovny (sp? again) movie
*meow*
Whips and Kisses---
Twilight, tired, sleepy, yawnyawn
--
**Remove SPAAAMTRAAAP from my address before replying**
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

xen...@ix.netcom.com

Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97

Marcus Pan wrote:

> Jade wrote:
> >
> > My SO and I were recently talking about famous people within our own
> > gender we would want to have sex with...He said David Bowie...Now, both of
> > us are heterosexual as we are dating eachother...But this inspired a great
> > deal of thought and curiosity as to how many other people would "bend the
> > rules" for anyone that they just found irresistably sexy...
>
> And about this time is when Kali and Metamorph (the professional
> Pan-taunters) to come bustling in and yell something evil from my past
> posting like, "Pan drools over Trent" or something.
>
> But I, however, will remain utterly silent...

*ROFL* Thanks for doing the job for us, PanMan. Heeheeheehee!

- Kali Nichta - who would go for Lena Olin, Gina Gershon, Jennifer
Tilly, Patti Smith, and k.d. lang
--
~Kali Nichta's Page of Crap: http://members.tripod.com/~KaliNichta
~Velut Luna. Immanis.: http://members.tripod.com/~njorl/index.html

DEK

Oct 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/23/97

> Jade wrote:
>
> My SO and I were recently talking about famous people within our own
> gender we would want to have sex with...He said David Bowie...Now, both of
> us are heterosexual as we are dating eachother...But this inspired a great
> deal of thought and curiosity as to how many other people would "bend the
> rules" for anyone that they just found irresistably sexy...
>
> So...I'd like to hear what everyone has to say...
>
> Looking forward to it...

Well there is that adorable girl who's in my Algebra class, who
looks like Brigitte Bardot (nice full lips!).....even better, her father
is a minster :)! Hee-Hee.

Dust

Sheila Marie

Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97

Jade wrote:

> My SO and I were recently talking about famous people within our own
> gender we would want to have sex with...He said David Bowie...Now, both of
> us are heterosexual as we are dating eachother...But this inspired a great
> deal of thought and curiosity as to how many other people would "bend the
> rules" for anyone that they just found irresistably sexy...
>
> So...I'd like to hear what everyone has to say...

I'd let my SO be with Bowie, I would probably beg him to! :) I live
Bowie that much(but if my SO refused, I would still love him(SO) all the
same). For me, I don't know. I kinda more would want to take over their
bodies instead of just having their bodies. Hmmm, she would have to be
aggressive, cause I wouldn't start it. Some one with experience with
that sort of thing too. I got it, Jennifer Tilly, nooo, Juliet Lewis,
waite that would be too weird though (for reason's I would rather not
get into here). I got it, just to satisfy my SO's desires, I would do
his dream girl Jami Gertz.

DaRKRoSE66

Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97

>I'd let my SO be with Bowie, I would probably beg him to! :) I live
>Bowie that much(but if my SO refused, I would still love him(SO) all the
>same)

hmm..my SO said I could be with Sean Connery..I wouldn't mind, either..sure
he's old, and wrinkley, but hey..he's a helluva man..
Look Ma! No .Sig!

ka...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97

Jade (s2an...@titan.vcu.edu) wrote:
: My SO and I were recently talking about famous people within our own
: gender we would want to have sex with...He said David Bowie...Now, both of
: us are heterosexual as we are dating eachother...But this inspired a great
: deal of thought and curiosity as to how many other people would "bend the
: rules" for anyone that they just found irresistably sexy...

Feh. Rules. Bleah.
I don't really care about the gender, if I find the person sexy... all I
care about is the chances they'd be interested in me. (Though, as
shameful as it is to admit these days... I do find women sexier than men.
Though, there are a few exceptions... to be left unnamed.)

--
My paranoia is the natural result of my megalomania.
When your destiny is as great as mine,

Irilanle

Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97

ka...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote in article
<62pp9e$if6$7...@news.sas.ab.ca>...
> Jade (s2an...@titan.vcu.edu) wrote:

I recently asked a friend of mine this question to which he replied Peter
Steele, without a doubt. Now that's somebody worth changing your sexual
preferences for.

Anne

Oct 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/30/97

Tim McGaughy wrote:

> Anne (ak...@hotmail.com) wrote:
> : > : deal of thought and curiosity as to how many other people would "bend the

> : > : rules" for anyone that they just found irresistably sexy...
> : >
> : > I dunno... I don't think if you find them sexy that it's actually bending
> : > the rules.
>
> : Dammitt! when did they make rules?
> : Why didnt I get a copy?
>
> You didn't get...?
>
> Hang on.
>
> <leafs through papers on desk>
>
> Ah, here we are...
>
> Rule number one: NO POOFTAHS!!!
>
> No, sorry, wrong sketch...
>
> I'll have to get back to you. Can't seem to find my copy at the moment.

Awww forget it darling....I probably just either ignore them or break
them anyhow.....
Love,
Anne

DeadXXDoll

Nov 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/1/97

Im pretty heterosexual, but I would definetly have sex with the blonde from Mad
TV, or Courtney Love before she turned "normal" <smirk>

Fecteau Mathieu

Nov 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/2/97

A Younger Tom Waits (circa 1980).
The Guy Was not Only Talented But REally Fucking Sexy.
Next Time You're in A Record Store, Look At The Covers Of His Older
Albums. There Are A Couple With His Picture...

_Casper The Drunken BitterGoff

Kali Nichta

Nov 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/2/97

Fecteau Mathieu wrote:

> A Younger Tom Waits (circa 1980).
> The Guy Was not Only Talented But REally Fucking Sexy.
> Next Time You're in A Record Store, Look At The Covers Of His Older
> Albums. There Are A Couple With His Picture...

I know it doesn't count because he's a MOTOS, but I just have to say...

Oh yeah.....

-yummy
:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:
~Kali Nichta~
http://members.tripod.com/~KaliNichta
"To tell the truth, to tell it well, it all depends upon the liar." -The
Afghan Whigs

Christabel La Motte

Nov 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/3/97

In <345D17D0...@geocities.com>,
Kali Nichta <kalin...@geocities.com> wrote:

> Fecteau Mathieu wrote:
> >
> > Next Time You're in A Record Store, Look At The Covers Of His Older
> > Albums. There Are A Couple With His Picture...

_Blue Valentine_ has some nice pix of him. It also has the sublimely
unsettling opening track (Tom covers "Somewhere", with lush strings and
all)...

> I know it doesn't count because he's a MOTOS, but I just have to say...
> Oh yeah.....
> -yummy

Quite. ;)

--
Christabel La Motte *quack quack* Washington, DC
PLEASE NOTE: The grendel.net address in the From: line is a spamtrap;

Fecteau Mathieu

Nov 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/4/97

Christabel La Motte (lam...@grendel.net) wrote:
: In <345D17D0...@geocities.com>,

: Kali Nichta <kalin...@geocities.com> wrote:
:
: > Fecteau Mathieu wrote:
: > >
: > > Next Time You're in A Record Store, Look At The Covers Of His Older
: > > Albums. There Are A Couple With His Picture...
:
: _Blue Valentine_ has some nice pix of him. It also has the sublimely
: unsettling opening track (Tom covers "Somewhere", with lush strings and
: all)...

Indeed. The Guy's Got Incredible Talent. The Real Question Though
Is Did You Like His Old Voice Better(Around Heart Of Saturday night) Or
The New Alcohol-Soaked One (Around Big Time And Bone Machine)?

: > I know it doesn't count because he's a MOTOS, but I just have to say...

: > Oh yeah.....
: > -yummy
:
: Quite. ;)

Actualy, I Think After Releasing Bone Machine, He Should Be
Considered At Least An Honorary Goth. Think About It. Black Wings,
The Earth Died Screaming, Dirt In The Ground, Murder In The Red Barn,
The Ocean Doesn't Want Me...

A.G.T_W Anyone?

_Casper The Drunken BitterGoff

"I Don't Need No Makeup
I Got Real Style
I Got Hair On My Chest
I Look Good Without A Shirt"
-Goin' Out West by Tom Waits

Brian Sheehan Miller

Nov 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/4/97

In <63m11a$p...@epervier.CC.UMontreal.CA> fect...@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
(Fecteau Mathieu) writes:

> Actualy, I Think After Releasing Bone Machine, He Should Be
> Considered At Least An Honorary Goth. Think About It. Black Wings,
> The Earth Died Screaming, Dirt In The Ground, Murder In The Red
Barn,
> The Ocean Doesn't Want Me...

Would easily make him an honorary goth, except for the quote you
followed it with...

> "I Don't Need No Makeup
> I Got Real Style
> I Got Hair On My Chest
> I Look Good Without A Shirt"
> -Goin' Out West by Tom Waits

You don't get much less goth than that. But The Ocean Doesn't Want Me
more than makes up for it.

Around Swordfishtrombone and Rain Dogs he seemed to have had a sort of
Gothic sense of humor. And, hey, that part in Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Brian Miller

Fecteau Mathieu

Nov 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/5/97

: (Fecteau Mathieu) writes:
:
: > Actualy, I Think After Releasing Bone Machine, He Should Be
: > Considered At Least An Honorary Goth. Think About It. Black Wings,

:
: Would easily make him an honorary goth, except for the quote you

: followed it with...
:
: > "I Don't Need No Makeup
: > I Got Real Style
: > I Got Hair On My Chest
: > I Look Good Without A Shirt"
: > -Goin' Out West by Tom Waits
:
: You don't get much less goth than that. But The Ocean Doesn't Want Me
: more than makes up for it.

Actualy, I Think Goin' Out West Is An Hilarious Song. I Think The
Quote I Chose More Than Illustrates Waits' Sense Of Humor. If You
Know The Song, Then You Know That The Song Is A Sort Of Redneck
Mockery.

: Around Swordfishtrombone and Rain Dogs he seemed to have had a sort of

: Gothic sense of humor. And, hey, that part in Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Rain dogs Is Pretty Much My All Time Favorite Waits Album. And,
Personaly, I Think That He's Still Got His Macabre/Gothic Sense Of
Humor.

_Casper The Drunken BitterGoff
Currently Listening To Cemetery Polka

Christabel La Motte

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

Fecteau Mathieu <fect...@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA> wrote:

> : _Blue Valentine_ has some nice pix of him. It also has the sublimely
> : unsettling opening track (Tom covers "Somewhere", with lush strings and
> : all)...
>
> Indeed. The Guy's Got Incredible Talent. The Real Question Though
> Is Did You Like His Old Voice Better(Around Heart Of Saturday night) Or
> The New Alcohol-Soaked One (Around Big Time And Bone Machine)?

Hrm. I love 'em both, but I'd have to lean towards favoring the newer,
more cracked and ravaged one. I have a thing for raw, ungainly voices...

> Actualy, I Think After Releasing Bone Machine, He Should Be
> Considered At Least An Honorary Goth. Think About It. Black Wings,

> The Earth Died Screaming, Dirt In The Ground, Murder In The Red Barn,

> The Ocean Doesn't Want Me...
>
> A.G.T_W Anyone?

"How do your pistols and your bible and your sleeping pills go?
Are you still jumping out of windows in expensive clothes?
Well, I fell in love with your sailor's mouth and your wounded eyes
Now tell me, who are you this time?"

Christabel La Motte

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

In <63qabr$o...@epervier.CC.UMontreal.CA>,
Fecteau Mathieu <fect...@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA> wrote:

> Actualy, I Think Goin' Out West Is An Hilarious Song.

Hell, yeah. "I'm gonna change my name to Hannibal or maybe just Rex..."

> I Think The
> Quote I Chose More Than Illustrates Waits' Sense Of Humor. If You
> Know The Song, Then You Know That The Song Is A Sort Of Redneck
> Mockery.

He's also singing/writing from a character's POV, something he does
pretty often.

Fecteau Mathieu

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

bv.1en....@califia.sub-rosa.com>:
Christabel La Motte (lam...@grendel.net) wrote:

: In <63m11a$p...@epervier.CC.UMontreal.CA>,
: Fecteau Mathieu <fect...@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA> wrote:
: >
: > Actualy, I Think After Releasing Bone Machine, He Should Be

: > Considered At Least An Honorary Goth. Think About It.

:
: "How do your pistols and your bible and your sleeping pills go?

: Are you still jumping out of windows in expensive clothes?
: Well, I fell in love with your sailor's mouth and your wounded eyes
: Now tell me, who are you this time?"

If I'm Not mistaken, That Should Go:

.................'s Mouth And Your Wounded Eyes
You Better Get Down On Your Knees!
Don't You Know This Is War?
Tell Me, Who Are You This Time?

Just Nitpicking. ;) It's A great Song Though...

_Casper The Drunken BitterGoff

Christabel La Motte

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97

In <63t222$2...@epervier.CC.UMontreal.CA>,
Fecteau Mathieu <fect...@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA> wrote:

> Just Trying To Prove That He's Still Got A Sense Of Humor (Although Not
> As Twisted As Some Of His Earlier Stuff. Remember Cemetery Polka?)

Or in that vein, my favorite has to be "Frank's Wild Years". He never could
stand that dog...

> _Casper the Drunken BitterGoff
> "I Know Karate, Voodoo Too..."

"I'm gonna make myself available to you..."

Christabel La Motte

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97

In <63t3f6$2...@epervier.CC.UMontreal.CA>,
Fecteau Mathieu <fect...@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA> wrote:

> If I'm Not mistaken, That Should Go:
>
> .................'s Mouth And Your Wounded Eyes
> You Better Get Down On Your Knees!
> Don't You Know This Is War?

You're right...mostly. I was working from memory as the disc is hiding itself
somewhere. But that line should actually be "get down on the FLOOR, don't you
know..." *grin*

(Fairly spiffy, actually...not being able to find the booklet to jog my
memory, I ended up poking around and finding some excellent Waits websites.
Strangely enough, several are in Russia...)

kudzu

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97

Robert Vincent wrote:

> I think Tom Waits should be included in a special category with Nick Cave, The > Birthday Party... dark not-necessarily-goth music

In my collection he is, along with Leonard Cohen and Nick Cave. Theirs
are the only nonGoth CDs I keep with the Goth ones.

+
kudzu "I want Nothing to penetrate my skin."