Convergence XXI - Dead Stars - Hollywood

voodoo

Jul 20, 2014, 11:17:01 PM7/20/14
Convergence XXI
Dead Stars
Hollywood
May1-3 20015
http://www.altgothic.com/c21hol

The Pitch
In 2015 we invite you to come along for the ride to the City of Lost
Angels for a weekend of debauchery that could only happen in
Hollywood.
Tinsel town to some, Babylon to others, no other place in America is
so defined by glitz, glamour and sweet wicked excess. Pop culture is
Hollywood's primary export, but daring artists have always toiled on
the fringes to make more ambitious provocative work. Between classic
film noir, horror, and suspense masterpieces, to the blockbusters of
today Hollywood has it all. From the Sunset Strip rock `n` roll, to
the new waves of punk, goth and deathrock. You only have to choose the
soundtrack for your Hollyweird dreams and nightmares.
Hollywood isn't a place so much as a vortex of desire. A place of both
shadow and substance. For every star on the Walk of Fame there are a
thousand broken hearts and even more delusions of fame shattered. Once
the cameras stop flashing and the crowds no longer cheer the
suffocating almost strangles. Veiled in wait is the wicked passion of
Hollywood.
The lure of opulence and stardom with the coveted mysterious mansion
just off the famous Mulholland Drive could for some satiate their
fascination. But not you. You aren't like most people, and you
certainly aren't easily satisfied. You hear the dark lure vibrating
from the womb of Hollywood. You are drawn through the dark turns and
the noise of this wicked little town, to the fading light to where the
dead stars still burn. You are compelled to carry out nefarious acts
by the siren song of this lustrous deceptive playground that is
unlocked with the key of your imagination.
Join us on these boulevards of broken dreams as we celebrate the heart
of darkness that lies behind the curtain. For one brief weekend in May
we will share an all encompassing drive to party like the rock stars
that we are.
'Do you wanna party
It's party time
We gotta party
It's party time'

Sets
The Hotel
We are pleased to announce that the official hotel for Convergence XXI
will be the infamous Hollywood Tower Hotel.
http://adifferent.me/converge/img/hotel1.jpg
Built in Hollywood, 1939, amidst the glitz and the glitter of a
bustling young movie town at the height of its golden age, the
Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right, a beacon for the
show business elite. The Hollywood Towers doors are opening once
again, and this time, they're opening for you.
Note from the committee: We have just learned that the Hollywood Tower
Hotel continues to have difficulties with their elevators, so for your
safety and convenience, we have chosen to relocate to another hotel.
We are currently negotiating with several affordable luxury hotels
within close proximity to our venue. Watch this space for details
The Venue
We are thrilled that the legendary Boardners will be the scene of our
decadent shenanigans.
http://www.boardners.com/main.php
Built in 1927, at the epicenter of Hollywood, Boardners is undeniably
the site of a storied past and can, at any moment, transform itself
into an oral library of booze lore and Hollywood secrets -- a volatile
heritage that is susceptible to the embellishments of time and
imagination. It's been claimed, for example, that this was the last
bar where Elizabeth Short drank before she stepped into the night and
became the Black Dahlia; that an owner bailed out longtime customer
Robert Mitchum after his famous pot bust; that a bartender once nailed
the men's room door shut on an inebriated friend; that a ghost has
been seen in the tiny women's room. Then there was the Christmas night
when another owner slumped over dead while sitting at the bar. More
recently Boardners has been home to Hollywood Goth favorites such as
Bar Sinister and Blue Mondays and now, Convergence XXI Dead Stars
Located at the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Cherokee Avenue the
two story building bears some appealing Moorish flourishes carved
above a series of narrow shops with deep-set show window. Inside
you'll find low lit Social Room with cozy booths, New Orleans style
Patio for lounging on a sunny afternoon or live entertainment in the
evenings, and The B52 Club with twenty-two foot high ceilings,
archways, art deco antique bar, arched windows with Moorish iron
scroll work, loft with cozy seating overlooking the entire venue &
patio, a large dance floor, great sound system and truly Hollywood
atmosphere.
Boardners is one of the few venues in the Hollywood that can admit
baby bats (18+) and can stay open past 2 AM.

Call Sheets
From red carpet premieres, over the top wrap parties, and post tour
mayhem, if there's one thing that Hollywood knows how to do, its
party. We're inviting you inside the velvet ropes for a weekend of
legendary Hollywood style debauchery including:

Thursday April 30
Unofficial Official Pre-party

Friday May 1
Meet & Greet
Bands and DJs at Boardners
Unofficial Official Afterparty

Saturday May 2
Props and Costumes Department
Fashion show
Bands and DJs at Boardners
Unofficial Official Afterparty

Sunday May 3
Props and Costumes Department
Gothic Picnic at Hollywood Forever Cemetery
Dead Stars Masquerade ball at Boardners - Ladies and Gentlemen, Bois
and Ghouls, please don't think Sunday is the time to dress down
because we are bringing back a Convergence favourite. Sunday night we
give you the Dead Stars Masquerade Ball
After all, Dead Stars still burn and burn brightest when they die.
Join us for a night of Hollywood decadence with ghosts of the Golden
Age and a soundtrack from your favorite Convergence DJs. Come dressed
as your favourite Dead Star from Hollywood's' past, be that a
celebrity, a character or an era. This is a formal event and theme
costumes and/or masquerade attire are suggested. If you do not have
proper attire we will be providing masks free of charge at the door.
This is a chance to show off your best attire and end the weekend with
a "Big Bang".
Unofficial Official Afterparty

Guest List
Convergence XXI - Dead Stars is most definitely an "A List" only
event. It's the hottest ticket in town - but we know some people, so
you're in. We've got your invitation to all the decadent festivities
and it will only cost you the paltry sum of $60.

Credits

Alt.Gothic Presents
Convergence XXI
Dead Stars

Produced by
Stasha Powell

Directed By
Voodoo

Cinematography
LT

Costumes
Batty
Jola

Sets and Lighting
Bill Vogel

Art Department
Marissa Dreaded Dragon

Location Scout
Mystress Prynne

Production Accountant
Duane

Second Unit
Necromos Spiritus
Dach
Giles Smith

Miss Stasha.
First got involved in Convergence as an unofficial helper at C1
because her then boyfriend was working it. She has been an unofficial
helper at several others usually showing up as a patron only to jump
in when asked. She hails from Illinois originally which is where she
started DJing, promoting, and working on IndustrialNation magazine.
She became an active member of alt.gothic and agf not long after that.
She was also part of the Goth model wave and a card carrying member of
Corpgoth. She lived in downtown LA for years where she was a
photographer for both Das Bunker and Fang Club. She also co-hosted the
Goth radio show Closed Caskets with Archpope Dach. Her day job
involves being a paperwork ninja, wearing many hats, handling legal
documents, and even more tricky handling bosses whom most of the
country thinks should be in prison. She will use these skills and her
powerful networking abilities on both the bid and the event. And if
anyone misbehaves she'll sick the Carrie Monster on them because fuck
a bunch of that.

voodoo
voodoo has been an active participant and sometimes gadfly in
alt.gothic and Convergence since Convergence V, including chairing the
ill-fated C8/SF bid and DJing at Convergence X XII XIV XV XVI XIX &
XX. voodoo has also spun at WGW, WGT and clubs in the US UK and
Australia. voodoo's years of experience producing clubs and events, as
well as managing the creation of technology products you've most
likely used, give him the skills to bring you a first class
Convergence. voodoo lived and loved in Hollywood until the start of
2014, and hopes that you will remember Convergence XXI fondly. Or not
at all.

LT.
I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth, forgone
all custom of exercises; and indeed, it goes so heavily with my
disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile
promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave
o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire,
why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilent
congregation of vapours.

Batty.
Tracy Robertson aka "Batty" has been attending and doing fashion
events at convergences since convergence 5 with 9 convergences under
her belt.

She has worked in the clothing industry as the owner of Gothic
clothing line Azrael's Accomplice Designs since 1998.

She has done countless fashion shows and events in her long career.
She vends and does fashion related events at conventions around the
country full time. She also works in her spare time in her hometown of
Dallas/Fort worth with her production company and club night: The
Shadow Society, organizing special gothic/alt/burlesque events for the
last three years.

Jola Rocknrolla.
Jola Rocknrolla has been a glorious fashion disaster/icon since the
days of fake hair and daily AGF posts (though this may be her
megalomania talking). Jola has taken part in Fashion shows for
Convergence X, XIII and XIV as well as the occasional hair and fashion
shows around Chicago. She may have learned a few things, including
how to show up on time, dress herself and not fall off stage
regardless of sobriety. Her day-job as a Corporate Lease
Administrator has given her a gimlet eye for detail and surprisingly
professional attitude when it's go-time. With a blend of trashy rock
n roll style and a suspiciously sticky sort of glamour she should feel
right at home in Hollywood.

Bill Vogel.
I'm Bill Vogel. I cut my teeth in the goth/industrial scene in the
80's in Chicago, at clubs like the Exit and Neo. Upon moving to San
Francisco I found myself living in a "venue", and hosted many clubs
over the years including House of Voodoo, Shrine of Lilith, and
Carnival, the Black Widows, Insomnia and others including many live
bands. I also hosted the "goth dinners" - an open invitation informal
pre-club get-together held weekly at a restaurant chosen for it's
proximity to whatever club was happening on that particular night. I
have also been involved with lighting and sound, both theatrical and
nightclub since junior high school. I play the pipe organ
professionally and as a hobby, and during the day I work for an
entertainment media company as a database programmer/administrator. I
currently live in Hollywood

Marissa.
Marrissa has been a fixture in the Los Angeles scene since the late
90s, and has attended and vended at C*s 9-15, only missing the last
few for financial reasons. She was a committee chair of the ill-fated
C14 Haunted Hollywood bid, and bartended at the now defunct
after-hours club "The Basement", as well as several other events
including all of the Grilled Cheese Invitationals save one (she was
bartending for Titmouse's Smashing Party that year). Vending at 7
different C*s gives her more vending experience than most (but not
all) of the vendors who attend, and aside from knowing how to throw an
awesome party, she knows what does and does not work for people who
use this as a working vacation. Colorful hair (currently teal), being
loud and very opinionated, and making fun of herself on a regular
basis means if you don't know her personally, you probably know of
her. She's still not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Mystress Prynne.
Mystress Prynne has been lurking in the shadows of Convergence since
C4. She participated in the Fashion Show at C7 in New York, as well as
at GothCon in New Orleans. Mystress Prynne lived in Los Angeles 13
years and was a regular at Fang Club, Coven 13 and Bar Sinister. She
also ran a website listing the club happenings in Hollywood.

Duane Brinson.
Duane has been into goth since it was called punk. He worked C9. He is
a master of numbers and will use that along with several top secret
skills to keep everything right.

Necromos Spiritus.
Clubs: Batcave SF, Apparition SJ, and several others. I've booked
several bands and still booking including well known, to unknown bands
Skeletal Family, Mephisto Waltz etc. Promoting booking, DJing for 6
years nationally and still going. One of the lesser known groups I am
an activist for is the Gothic Preservationist Society. I'm hoping to
do my best and help make convergence the bats wing.

D�ch.
D�ch is a SoCal based DJ who has done guest spots at several events
all over California as well as the host of the longest-running goth
radio show of all time, "Closed Caskets for the Living Impaired,"
which ran for over 14 years. D�ch tends to spin an eclectic mix of
music from all over the world, and specializes in goth/industrial
music from Japan. Clubs and events he has spun at include: Therapy
(San Diego) Tokyo Dark Castle (San Francisco) Ghoul school (Los
Angeles) Eternal (Long Beach) Xile (Orange County)

Giles Smith.
A Brit who isn't goth but sleeps with goth girls. He has been great
behind the scenes which is where he will continue to lurk. Having
never been near more than a couple of goth girls at once we imagine
his first foray into Convergence will result in sensory overload
leaving him dumbfounded for a bit. After which he'll probably realize
that he has finally found his tribe and revel in the darkness he tries
so hard to hide. Unfortunately for his new endeavor he is the better
half of Miss Stasha. But do make him come out and say hi.

Location
Hollywood and the greater Los Angeles area are home to one of the
largest and most active Gothic/industrial scenes in the US, giving us
a wealth of bands, DJs, artists, and venues to draw from.
As the entertainment capital of the world and a top tourist
destination, Hollywood boasts a host of attractions to keep you
occupied day and night. There are restaurants to satisfy every palate
and diet. The drinking establishments range from dive to top shelf.
The shops do as well and are numerous. For you AGF peeps downtown LA
has one of the most diverse and affordable fabric, flower, and garment
districts around. Endless amusement opportunities practically insure
that there will be something for everyone. The natural beauty of
Southern California is breathtaking, warm, and sunny most of the year.
We'll be providing you a complete guide to all that Hollywood and Los
Angeles has to offer, here are a few highlights to whet your
appetites:

Tourist/Fun
Hollywood Forever Cemetery - Originally called Hollywood Memorial Park
Cemetery, is one of the oldest cemeteries in Los Angeles. It is
located in the Hollywood district of Los Angeles, adjacent to
Paramount Studios. Among those interred or entombed in the cemetery
are a number of notable Dead Stars including Johnny and DeeDee Ramone
and Rozz Williams.
http://www.hollywoodforever.com/
Grauman's Chinese Theatre - The most famous movie theatre in the
world. Featuring the hand and foot prints of many dead stars from
Marilyn Monroe to Darth Vader.
http://www.tclchinesetheatres.com/
Max Factor Museum - Because Make Up.
http://thehollywoodmuseum.com/about/our-history-vision/
Museum of Death - Because Death.
http://www.museumofdeath.net/
Universal Studios - Thrilling theme park rides and shows, a real
working movie studio and Los Angeles' best shops, restaurants and
cinemas. Including an awesome House of Horror, the Bates Motel, rides
and attractions inspired by Terminator and Transformers.
http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/
La Brea Tar Pits - One of the world's most famous fossil localities,
recognized for having an unusually diverse assemblage of extinct Ice
Age plants and animals.
http://www.tarpits.org/
StarLine Tour - Be the ultimate tourist in Los Angeles on one of these
double decker busses that drive around and point out famous and
interesting things in the area.
http://www.starlinetours.com/
Dearly Departed's Hollywood Tragical History Tour - It looks like the
Haunted Hollywood tours in the hearse are back to just Halloween if at
all, but here's another company who takes you on a tour of famous
haunted and death locations. On the left menu, you can see a Helter
Skelter Tour as well that tours the former location of the Tate
mansion.
https://www.zerve.com/DDTours/Standard
Venice Beach - The beach boardwalk is home to shops, bars restaurants,
street performers roller bladers, cyclists, bodybuilders and
skateboarders.
http://venicebeach.com/
Hollyhock House - By Frank Lloyd Wright
http://www.barnsdall.org/visit/hollyhock-house/
Ennis House - Used in Blade Runner, By Frank Lloyd Wright
http://ennishouse.com/
Bradbury Building - Used in Blade Runner as the home of JS Sebastian,
and the scene of the final confrontation between Deckard (Harrison
Ford) and Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer) and Batty's "Tears in rain"
soliloquy.
https://www.laconservancy.org/locations/bradbury-building
Gamble House - Used in Back to the Future
http://www.gamblehouse.org/
American Horror Story House - This old house is haunted and known as
"Murder House" on the TV show. American Horror Story, but in real life
it's the stately Rosenheim Mansion in L.A. Architect Alfred Rosenheim
built it in 1908 in Country Club Park as his own residence.
https://roadtrippers.com/us/los-angeles-ca/points-of-interest/alfred-rosenheim-mansion
Magic Castle - The Magic Castle is the showplace for some of the
greatest magicians from around the globe. Built in 1908, this storied
mansion has watched Hollywood grow and change for over 100 years while
never losing its original charm. It's a private club, so you either
have to be a magician or be invited by one. You can see it from the
outside without a membership, however.
http://www.magiccastle.com/
Art/Culture
Getty Museum - Houses European paintings, drawings, sculpture,
illuminated manuscripts, decorative arts, and European and American
photographs, including Van Gogh's "Irises" Plus, it's Starfleet HQ.
Free!
http://www.getty.edu/museum/
Griffith Observatory - Sitting on the southern slope of Mount
Hollywood, it commands a stunning view of the Los Angeles basin below,
the Griffith Observatory features a planetarium and exhibits including
a working Tesla Coil, and you may recognize it a from movies like
Rebel Without a Cause.
http://www.griffithobs.org/
LA MOCA - Home to almost 5,000 artworks created since 1940, including
masterpieces by classic contemporary artists, and inspiring new works
by emerging and mid-career artists from Southern California and around
the world. The MOCA is the only museum in Los Angeles devoted
exclusively to contemporary art. Admission to MOCA Grand Avenue is
free every Thursday, 5-8pm, courtesy of Wells Fargo.
http://www.moca.org/
LACMA - The largest art museum in the western United States, devoted
to collecting works of art that span both history and geography, in
addition to representing Los Angeles's uniquely diverse population. It
holds more than 120,000 works spanning the history of art from ancient
times to the present. In addition to art exhibits, the museum features
film and concert series.
http://www.lacma.org/
La Luz de Jesus - If you only go to one art gallery, this should be
it. You can purchase art if you like, and see classic styles along
with taxidermied steampunk animals. Plus it's connected to Wackos, an
awesome shop with books, figurines, and awesome stuff.
http://laluzdejesus.com/
Disney Concert Hall - Even if you only go there for a photo-shoot.
http://adifferent.me/converge/Disney%20Concert%20Hall
Noms
Few places do food better than Los Angeles. Ask us for more
recommendations based on your food preferences.
Canters Deli - Jewish-style delicatessen, opened in 1931. It has been
frequented by many notable movie stars and musicians. Features a full
bar with live music. Open 24 hours.
http://www.cantersdeli.com/
Pinks - It's a Hollywood love story, starting with Paul & Betty Pink
selling hot dogs from a cart in 1939. Then the city fell in love with
the tasty chili dogs and friendly service, and 75 years later, Pink's
has become a Hollywood landmark and internationally famous.
http://www.pinkshollywood.com/
Berlin Currywurst - If you like Currywurst as much as voodoo does,
you'll love this place, serving the real deal in an outdoor beer
garden.
http://www.berlincurrywurst.com/
Musso and Frank Grill - Fine steakhouse that the stars have frequented
since its opening in 1919
http://mussoandfrank.com/
Doomies Home Cookin' - Vegan food. By Doomie, OK?
https://www.facebook.com/doomieshomecookin
Kabuki Sushi - Decent reasonably priced sushi, especially during Happy
Hour (Monday thru Friday 3-6 and 9-close, Sunday 8-Close).
http://www.kabukirestaurants.com/location/hollywood/
Geisha House - Stylish upscale Japanese cuisine and sushi. A
combination of five star sushi restaurants set in the atmosphere of
surreal high-class brothel.
http://dolcegroup.com/wordpress/locations/geisha-house/
Wurstkuche - Exotic sausages (some vegan), Belgian fries and imported
beer.
http://www.wurstkuche.com/
El Coyote - For eighty years the El Coyote Cafe Mexican Restaurant in
West Los Angeles has provided a history of patron caring, dining value
and warm ambiance. Sharon Tate, eight months pregnant, and a group of
friends came here for a quick meal on Aug. 8, 1969. It would be their
final meal. Later that night would be their fateful, fatal encounter
with the Manson family.
http://www.elcoyotecafe.com/
El Compadre - Located in the stretch of Sunset filled with musical
instrument stores, El Compadre is known and loved for their giant
margaritas as much as for the food.
http://www.elcompadrerestaurant.com/home
Bulan - The exotic flavors of Thai cooking in exciting vegetarian
food. Ingredients are premium select, fresh and aimed at good health
as well as great taste. NO meat, NO m.s.g. and NO trans fats are used.
http://www.bulanthai.com/site/
Vegan House - Thai vegan just a few blocks from the Walk of Fame (and
next door to Bills house).
http://veganhouseonsunset.com/en/
M Cafe - Healthy macrobiotic menu including many vegan choices.
http://mcafedechaya.com/
Hugos - Home of the original Hollywood "power breakfast", Hugo also
serves delicious healthy lunches and dinners, with many vegan choices.
http://hugosrestaurant.com/
Drinkin
Rainbow - Legendary hangout of rockstars and those who love them in
the heart of the Sunset Strip. The notorious Hollywood Vampires made
their lair in the upstairs bar, and Lemmy is a regular when in town.
And the pizza is arguably the best in Hollywood.
http://www.rainbowbarandgrill.com/
Frolic Room - Reputedly the oldest bar in Hollywood, this friendly
dive was one of Charles Bukowskis haunts; they have Bukowski read
offs on Mondays, the winner gets free drinks. Cheap strong drinks.
https://plus.google.com/107865624593444420727/
Loaded - Hollywood's punk and metal living room. Strong Drinks. Food.
Bloody marys with bacon. Loud music.
http://www.loadedhollywood.com/
Burgundy Room - The third leg of the infamous voodoo triangle (along
with Frolic and Loaded) the dark dive tends towards the
punk/ska/rockabilly side. Strong drinks. Check out the tables in the
booths, they're Ouija boards.
https://plus.google.com/111484893885433974791/
Crass Consumerism
Melrose Ave - Hollywood fashion district, the eastern end, has been
called the birthplace of Southern California's New Wave and Punk
cultures in the early 80s and is still home to shops such as Shrine
and Poser.
http://www.melroseavenue-shop.com/
Hollywood and Highland - Multi level Shopping restaurant and
entertainment complex located next to Chinese Theatre.
http://hollywoodandhighland.com/
Nature
Malibu Beaches - With 21 miles of coastline along PCH, Malibu has some
of the most beautiful views and best beaches in LA some of which you
may recognize from Baywatch.
http://www.malibucity.org/Index.aspx?NID=96
Runyon Canyon - Runyon Canyon is a 160-acre park smack dab in the
heart of everything - a stone's throw away from the historic Hollywood
strip and other amazing landmarks that make this one of the greatest
cities on the planet. Runyon Canyon not only offers the best hiking
trails in Los Angeles, breathtaking views of the city, an amazing dog
park for your four-legged friend but it also offers free daily yoga
classes with professional instructors, your favorite celebrities and
an atmosphere that anyone can enjoy.
http://www.laparks.org/dos/parks/facility/runyoncanyonpk.htm
Bronson Caves - A very easy walk in this section of Griffith Park
brings you to the filming location for lots of movies and TV shows,
especially westerns and science fiction, from the early days of motion
pictures to the present. You may recognize it as the entrance to the
Batcave in the TV series or from the original Planet of the Apes.
http://www.laparks.org/dos/parks/facility/bronsoncanyongp.htm
Griffith Park - With over 4,210 acres of both natural
chapparal-covered terrain and landscaped parkland and picnic areas,
Griffith Park is the largest municipal park with urban wilderness area
in the United States The parks 53 miles of hiking trails include the
route to the Hollywood Sign.
http://www.laparks.org/dos/parks/griffithpk/gp_info.htm

Transport
So, like thousands of hopeful starlets and would-be rock stars before
you, you're ready to take that pilgrimage to find your dreams in
Hollywood. But before you climb on that Greyhound bus you may want to
consider these alternatives:

Los Angeles is a world class city and tourist destination and is
served by several major airports. LAX is the largest, but you may also
want to consider BUR as it's a short 15 minute ride from the hotel.
Here are some sample fares:
LAX
NY JFK $398
Toronto YYZ $639
Chicago ORD $308
Atlanta ATL $364
Dallas DFW $318
London LHR $1167
BUR
NY JFK $342
Toronto YYZ $481
Chicago ORD $454
Atlanta ATL $482
Dallas DFW $324
London LHR $1174
Fares shown are from Kayak as of July 20, 2014, per adult arriving 5/1
and departing 5/3. Serving suggestion only, your mileage may vary.

FAQS
General
What's Convergence all about anyway?
It's been said that Convergence is the annual party put on by the
denizens of alt.gothic for the denizens of alt.gothic and ALL their
friends that squishes together hundreds of net.goths from around the
globe into a single city for a weekend of socializing, booze, musical
events and sweet debauchery.
As longtime alt.gothic denizens and veterans of more C's than we care
to admit (or can remember), we are well aware of the peculiar history,
tradition and spirit of Convergence. It's our goal to give you a
"Goldilocks" Convergence. Not so small that it feels like nothing's
happening, but not so big that it overwhelms. Just enough to be the
best weekend. Ever.
Why do you want to bring Convergence to Hollywood?
As the birthplace of so much of the entertainment and music we all
love, and the home to one of the largest and most active
Gothic/Industrial scenes in the US, we couldn't think of a better
place to spend a weekend partying with a few hundred of our closest
friends (that's you). And believe us, we tried.
Wasn't Convergence 15 in LA?
C15 was in Long Beach; Long Beach is most definitely NOT Hollywood.
And it isn't even really LA except in the same sense that Oakland is
San Francisco or Queens is New York City.
How did you pick the dates for Convergence 21?
The weather in May is gorgeous (Highs 70s Lows 50s), We chose the
weekend of May1-3 to avoid conflicts with other goth events both local
and worldwide.
Venue
Why did you choose Boardners as the venue for the evening events?
Boardners located in the heart of Hollywood, offers great facilities
in a beautiful space, comes with a history ideally suited to our
theme, is home to popular LA Goth events, can admit Babybats (18+) and
stays open late. We couldn't think of a more perfect venue.
Is there parking at the venue?
There are several pay lots nearby.
Is smoking allowed at the venue?
Yes on the patio.
Is there an ATM in the venue?
Yes
Is there food available at the venue?
Yes
Are Babybats welcome?
If they are 18 or over with a valid ID they are.
Are there restaurants within walking distance of the venue?
Yes, many; and Boardners serves food as well.
O9999s7aHow well is the bar stocked at the venue?
Before we arrive, very well indeed. After, not so much
I don't wanna go back to the hotel yet.
That's Ok, we'll stay open late.
Hollywood
Is Hollywood safe?
Yes as long as you use common sense.
Will I see, like, stars?
Probably. And you might see some actors, musicians and celebrities
too.
Food & Drink

Will you provide a list of restaurants within reasonable distances
from the hotel, venue, & around the city?
We've got that for you. Here
http://adifferent.me/converge/location.html
Are there restaurants which deliver, including late night, to the
hotel?
Yes, many.
Are there worthwhile liquor stores near the hotel?
Yes, Hollywood is home to many liquor stores from mom and pops to
Trader Joes to BevMo
Are there worthy liquor stores with delivery service to the hotel?
Yes. Also Yummy and Pink Dot deliver pretty much everything
Travel/Transportation To & Within Hollywood
What are good ways to get to Hollywood?
Practice. We also strongly suggest you enjoy a ride on The Red Line
where you can relax without the worries of traffic or parking. And if
per chance you aren't staying at the hotel it gives you the luxury of
being able to have cocktails with your friends while getting home
safely.
What transportation options will I have within Hollywood?
Contrary to what Missing Persons told you, people do walk in LA.
Especially Hollywood is eminently walkable. Our venue and hotel are
within walking distance from each other, as are many fine eating and
drinking establishments. However if you're feeling lazy or you plans
take you further afield, The Red Line, MTA buses, Uber, taxis and
stretch limos are all available to which you to your destination.

Will someone from Hollywood's C21 committee be available to help be a
guide or give accurate directions?
For you, of course.