C10 So Far (shortish)

MistressDeath

May 8, 2004, 12:33:25 PM5/8/04
Arch Visceral Parlor and Frank the Baptists were as good as I'd hoped,
and better. While Goteki isn't really my thing, they were, um, very
enthusiastic, and you could tell they were really enjoying their first
US performance. I suggest everybody who didn't go last night purchase
their CDs (and also the people who did, but for different reasons).
Also, Dag, Jennie, the nice gentleman whose name I didn't catch who
accompanied her (I think it was Donald?) Kest, Panurge, and WhiteWitch
are very friendly people, I found, while erith is...erith. I didn't
see the people for whom I was looking that I'd already met, namely
Peter Coffin and his lady friend. Although my corset strings broke
twice, the evening went well overall. Did I mention that Scary Lady
Sarah and her new husband are utterly adorable together? They are. Oh,
and Mark Splatter hasn't let his fame get to his head at all. He's
very friendly and full of fake blood.

--Mistress Must Clean The Apartment, Then Off For More Fun

siani evans

May 8, 2004, 12:41:06 PM5/8/04
MistressDeath wrote:

> Also, Dag, Jennie, the nice gentleman whose name I didn't catch who
> accompanied her (I think it was Donald?) Kest, Panurge, and WhiteWitch
> are very friendly people, I found, while erith is...erith.

did he say "fuck" a lot, then punch you in the crotch?

siani
--
\\||//
- oo -

MistressDeath

May 9, 2004, 11:33:04 AM5/9/04
siani evans <si...@velvet.net> wrote in message news:<409D0DA2...@velvet.net>...

> MistressDeath wrote:
>
> > Also, Dag, Jennie, the nice gentleman whose name I didn't catch who
> > accompanied her (I think it was Donald?) Kest, Panurge, and WhiteWitch
> > are very friendly people, I found, while erith is...erith.
>
> did he say "fuck" a lot, then punch you in the crotch?

No. He only punched me in the arm, after I slapped his somewhere in
the shoulder/neck region. My skirt was far too puffy for any
crotch-punch to be effective.

--Mistress Lace As A Defense Mechanism

Nightaudtr

May 12, 2004, 2:01:16 AM5/12/04
>Arch Visceral Parlor and Frank the Baptists were as good as I'd hoped,
--------------
Hi MistressDeath, sorry I missed you at C10 -- I was hoping to meet as many
people as I could on the roll call (esp. cuties who smile), but when I tried to
print it out, well, it didn't work too well. Anyway, I was stunned at how good
AVP was. Didn't pay much attention to anyone else.

>Kest. . . .
-----------
I met her the other night -- she lives in Berkeley across the bay from me and
goes to our Death Guild on occasion. She's so cute I sort of want to adopt her
in place of a cat I was thinking of getting.

>Although my corset strings broke
>twice

----------------
Hmm, perhaps because I didn't help you lace up??? ;-> Next time!

James (aka The Hat Guy)

Potato Junkie

May 12, 2004, 10:59:25 AM5/12/04
MistressDeath wrote:

> erith is...erith.

He didn't say anything about monkeys, did he?

The Emperor Penguin

May 12, 2004, 11:42:12 AM5/12/04
Villag...@wowway.com (MistressDeath) wrote

> Although my corset strings broke twice,

One hopes and trusts that there are photographs of these events, and
that URLs will be forthcoming. (Or am I in the wrong thread?)

~~~
The Emperor Penguin

Morph

May 12, 2004, 7:21:34 PM5/12/04
Nightaudtr wrote:

>>Kest. . . .
>-----------
>I met her the other night -- she lives in Berkeley across the bay from me and
>goes to our Death Guild on occasion. She's so cute I sort of want to adopt her
>in place of a cat I was thinking of getting.

I know I've been away from a.g for a while now... but did I miss the
bit where it finally became *safe* to point out that Kest is cute? :-)

-Morph

--
"Believe me, if wishes were horses then you'd be Shergar..."

Lucy Bond

May 13, 2004, 11:05:51 AM5/13/04
In article <d4et7c...@triffid.demon.co.uk>, Potato Junkie
<potato...@ntlworld.com> writes

>MistressDeath wrote:
>
>> erith is...erith.
>
>He didn't say anything about monkeys, did he?

A few muttering about them, yes, but I swiftly changed the subject.

Lucy
Lucy Bond : www.technokitty.com sells Dane cybery tops, dresses & bustiers,
glammy fake fur, Cybertart fun, glittery make-up, rubber spiky goodness & all
things futuristic! *New Sale section!*

MistressDeath

May 14, 2004, 1:26:05 PM5/14/04
Potato Junkie <potato...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<d4et7c...@triffid.demon.co.uk>...

> MistressDeath wrote:
>
> > erith is...erith.
>
> He didn't say anything about monkeys, did he?

I don't think so, but it was hard to hear him over the music.

--Mistress Screamed Herself Hoarse, In Fact

MistressDeath

May 14, 2004, 1:27:58 PM5/14/04
emperor...@virgin.net (The Emperor Penguin) wrote in message news:<2cab4ea6.04051...@posting.google.com>...

My pictures are at the photo place right now. Time allowing, I'll have
them up tonight. I held my corset up when it broke, though. Nobody has
any pictures of my exposed breasts. Well, nobody here, anyways.

--Mistress Fixed The Corset For Now, Needs Skate Laces For Later

timly grae

May 14, 2004, 6:29:38 PM5/14/04

"Morph" <mo...@cruelmail.com> wrote in message

> Nightaudtr wrote:
>
> >>Kest. . . .
> >-----------
> >I met her the other night -- she lives in Berkeley across the bay from me
and
> >goes to our Death Guild on occasion. She's so cute I sort of want to
adopt her
> >in place of a cat I was thinking of getting.
>
> I know I've been away from a.g for a while now... but did I miss the
> bit where it finally became *safe* to point out that Kest is cute? :-)
> -Morph

no you did not.

i'd say your goodbyes to nightaudtr now. when next they meet, death will
follow close behind.

-timly (i'm not really here, it's just your imagination)
--
http://www.thepassinghour.com
'please tread gently on the ground when all around you earth turns to

The Emperor Penguin

May 15, 2004, 8:13:55 AM5/15/04
Villag...@wowway.com (MistressDeath) wrote
> emperor...@virgin.net (The Emperor Penguin) wrote
> > Villag...@wowway.com (MistressDeath) wrote
> >
> > > Although my corset strings broke twice,
> >
> > One hopes and trusts that there are photographs of these events, and
> > that URLs will be forthcoming. (Or am I in the wrong thread?)
>
> My pictures are at the photo place right now. Time allowing, I'll have
> them up tonight. I held my corset up when it broke, though. Nobody has
> any pictures of my exposed breasts. Well, nobody here, anyways.

Damn, I am in the wrong thread. Ah well - that one's degenerated into
another car thread anyway.

Wait a minute...

If I started a car thread, and then it followed the inevitable path
into a sex thread...

~~~
The Emperor Penguin

Tiny Human Ferret

May 15, 2004, 1:35:02 PM5/15/04

Car Sex. Discuss.

--
The incapacity of a weak and distracted government may
often assume the appearance, and produce the effects,

The Emperor Penguin

May 15, 2004, 5:50:18 PM5/15/04
Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp...@earthops.net> wrote
> The Emperor Penguin wrote:

> > Wait a minute...
> >
> > If I started a car thread, and then it followed the inevitable path
> > into a sex thread...
>
> Car Sex. Discuss.

Ballard. Please don't discuss.

~~~
The Emperor Penguin

siani

May 15, 2004, 5:53:20 PM5/15/04
Tiny Human Ferret wrote:

> The Emperor Penguin wrote:

>> Wait a minute...
>>
>> If I started a car thread, and then it followed the inevitable path
>> into a sex thread...
>

> Car Sex. Discuss.

the real reason to have an automatic?

why american cars are better?

why bench seats beat bucket seats?

i'm a fan of car sex. in, on, near etc.

kest

May 15, 2004, 6:33:43 PM5/15/04
Morph <mo...@cruelmail.com> wrote in message news:<aub5a0hu68oqorf7a...@4ax.com>...
> Nightaudtr wrote:
>
> >>Kest. . . .
> >-----------
> >I met her the other night -- she lives in Berkeley across the bay from me and
> >goes to our Death Guild on occasion. She's so cute I sort of want to adopt her
> >in place of a cat I was thinking of getting.
>
> I know I've been away from a.g for a while now... but did I miss the
> bit where it finally became *safe* to point out that Kest is cute? :-)

He obviously missed the memo. Thank you to you and Timly for defending my honor.

k, not a cat, thx

kest

May 15, 2004, 6:35:59 PM5/15/04
Villag...@wowway.com (MistressDeath) wrote in message news:<7bb8f01a.04050...@posting.google.com>...

.
> Also, Dag, Jennie, the nice gentleman whose name I didn't catch who
> accompanied her (I think it was Donald?) Kest, Panurge, and WhiteWitch
> are very friendly people, I found, while erith is...erith. I didn't
> see the people for whom I was looking that I'd already met, namely
> Peter Coffin and his lady friend.

Was good to meet you too, although the rest of the weekend I had to
deal with people saying 'I heard Mistress Death is here', and me
saying 'yes, she's real, I've seen her' but you'd disappeared.

k, sort of back

kest

May 15, 2004, 6:38:07 PM5/15/04
Oh yeah, and since this seems to be The C10 thread, my pics are up at
http://www.binaryaxiom.com/c10/c10index.html.

and erith, I'm terribly sorry, but we don't seem to have won the
lottery.

Lucy Bond

May 15, 2004, 7:01:43 PM5/15/04
In article <40A654C6...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp
ay_k...@earthops.net> writes

>The Emperor Penguin wrote:
>> Villag...@wowway.com (MistressDeath) wrote
>>
>>>emperor...@virgin.net (The Emperor Penguin) wrote

>>>My pictures are at the photo place right now. Time allowing, I'll have
>>>them up tonight. I held my corset up when it broke, though. Nobody has
>>>any pictures of my exposed breasts. Well, nobody here, anyways.
>>

>> Damn, I am in the wrong thread. Ah well - that one's degenerated into
>> another car thread anyway.
>>
>> Wait a minute...
>>
>> If I started a car thread, and then it followed the inevitable path
>> into a sex thread...
>
>Car Sex. Discuss.

Not enough room. Gear stick in the way. Damned sporty models.

Nightaudtr

May 16, 2004, 3:27:26 AM5/16/04
>k, not a cat, thx
--------------
Ohhhh, I'll bet she has such a cute, scritchy chinny-chin-chin.

Tiny Human Ferret

May 16, 2004, 6:43:41 AM5/16/04

Careful there. She likes to help people, you know. And she'd probably
like to help you get over skritching people's chins. ;-)

Tiny Human Ferret

May 16, 2004, 6:48:56 AM5/16/04
Lucy Bond wrote:
> In article <40A654C6...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp
> ay_k...@earthops.net> writes
>
>>The Emperor Penguin wrote:
>>
>>>Villag...@wowway.com (MistressDeath) wrote

>>>Damn, I am in the wrong thread. Ah well - that one's degenerated into
>>>another car thread anyway.
>>>
>>>Wait a minute...
>>>
>>>If I started a car thread, and then it followed the inevitable path
>>>into a sex thread...
>>
>>Car Sex. Discuss.
>

> Not enough room. Gear stick in the way. Damned sporty models.

So _that_ is what happened to bring the EU birthrates so low.

Unbelievable, "unanticipated consequences" of the super high fuels-tax,
leads to cars too small to bonk in. You people need to replace your
government with one that will allow you to have less gas taxes and thus
higher birthrates, leading to an overcrowded country where everyone
drives around in their big cars with a smirky smile on their face, and
the back seat smells a bit dodgy if you leave it parked in the sun for
too long with all the windows rolled up.

Tiny Human Ferret

May 16, 2004, 6:49:53 AM5/16/04
kest wrote:
> Oh yeah, and since this seems to be The C10 thread, my pics are up at
> http://www.binaryaxiom.com/c10/c10index.html.

are not!

The Emperor Penguin

May 16, 2004, 8:38:47 AM5/16/04
siani <si...@velvet.net> wrote
> Tiny Human Ferret wrote:
> > The Emperor Penguin wrote:
>
> >> Wait a minute...
> >>
> >> If I started a car thread, and then it followed the inevitable path
> >> into a sex thread...
> >
> > Car Sex. Discuss.
>
> the real reason to have an automatic?
>
> why american cars are better?
>
> why bench seats beat bucket seats?

Hard or soft?

Suspension, of course!

~~~
The Emperor Penguin

Lucy Bond

May 16, 2004, 9:30:59 AM5/16/04
In article <40A74718...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp

Gotta say: never done it in a car. A golf-course, a cliff-top, nearly a
pool-table once, but never a car.

UK teenagers are unlikely to own one, really, & when I got older, I
graduated to getting involved with people who owned beds & rented hotel
rooms.

The one guy I dated who HAD a car had a tiny sports car with no back
seat.

Here lies the huge difference in UK & US culture...

Lucy Bond

May 16, 2004, 9:32:04 AM5/16/04
In article <40A745DD...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp
ay_k...@earthops.net> writes

>Nightaudtr wrote:
>>>k, not a cat, thx
>>
>> --------------
>> Ohhhh, I'll bet she has such a cute, scritchy chinny-chin-chin.
>
>Careful there. She likes to help people, you know. And she'd probably
>like to help you get over skritching people's chins. ;-)

I'm guessing none of you are aware of the meaning of "chin" in
Japanese...

Tiny Human Ferret

May 16, 2004, 9:00:02 PM5/16/04
Lucy Bond wrote:
> In article <40A745DD...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp
> ay_k...@earthops.net> writes

>>>--------------
>>>Ohhhh, I'll bet she has such a cute, scritchy chinny-chin-chin.
>>
>>Careful there. She likes to help people, you know. And she'd probably
>>like to help you get over skritching people's chins. ;-)
>

> I'm guessing none of you are aware of the meaning of "chin" in
> Japanese...

Enlightenment, please?

Tiny Human Ferret

May 16, 2004, 9:04:36 PM5/16/04

Well, doing it in a car is rather overrated, but for much of the US --
considering such things as scorpions and sidewinders in the west, bear
and suchlike in the east -- sex in a car is as good as it gets if you
can't get a room to yourselves. Also, in the city, on a nice night of
bad weather, in a random parking place, it's about as private as it
gets, at least it was before the introduction of cellphones.

Another reason it's rather underrated is the fact that unless you've
borrowed a limousine, bonking in the back seat without opening the doors
puts the woman in a position about guaranteed to ensure pregancy if
proper precautions aren't taken, which if you're desperate enough to
have sex in a car, they probably weren't.

Lucy Bond

May 17, 2004, 5:00:07 AM5/17/04
In article <40A80E92...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp

ay_k...@earthops.net> writes
>Lucy Bond wrote:
>> In article <40A745DD...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp
>> ay_k...@earthops.net> writes

>>>Careful there. She likes to help people, you know. And she'd probably
>>>like to help you get over skritching people's chins. ;-)
>>

>> I'm guessing none of you are aware of the meaning of "chin" in
>> Japanese...
>
>Enlightenment, please?

One of the (no doubt many) words for 'penis'...

Hatter

May 17, 2004, 9:53:05 AM5/17/04
Lucy Bond <lu...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Not enough room. Gear stick in the way. Damned sporty models.
>
> Lucy

Ahh another advantage of the Grand Marquis. Not such a big deal now
that I own a house, but a disticly comfortable space for that when I
was not living on my own.

Hatter

MistressDeath

May 17, 2004, 10:50:41 AM5/17/04
Lucy Bond <lu...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<Q3D2rPBX...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk>...

> In article <40A654C6...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp
> ay_k...@earthops.net> writes
> >The Emperor Penguin wrote:
> >> Villag...@wowway.com (MistressDeath) wrote

> >> Damn, I am in the wrong thread. Ah well - that one's degenerated into
> >> another car thread anyway.
> >>
> >> Wait a minute...
> >>
> >> If I started a car thread, and then it followed the inevitable path
> >> into a sex thread...
> >
> >Car Sex. Discuss.
>
> Not enough room. Gear stick in the way. Damned sporty models.

Now that just shows a lack of imagination and determination. For the
extremely horny, say, people with relatives visiting who would be
mortified if they heard so much as a peep from the bedroom (although
it is not the practice of many people I know to yell, "PEEP! PEEP! at
the point of orgasm, I must coin the phrase), parking the car in an
empty parking lot after the business in question has closed for the
day and backing the car into a spot right near the building is the
Plan B when the car's interior hampers maneuvering. Either the female
can bend over the trunk or the hood/trunk of the car can become a
makeshift bed. Also, if one brings a picnic blanket, the actual ground
behind the car works well because the car blocks one from the view of
any late-night passersby.

--Mistress Fornication Strategist

Lucy Bond

May 17, 2004, 11:05:17 AM5/17/04
In article <7bb8f01a.04051...@posting.google.com>,
MistressDeath <Villag...@wowway.com> writes
>Lucy Bond <lu...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<Q3D2rPBXFqpANwj
>8...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk>...

>> In article <40A654C6...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp
>> ay_k...@earthops.net> writes

>> >Car Sex. Discuss.

>> Not enough room. Gear stick in the way. Damned sporty models.
>
>Now that just shows a lack of imagination and determination. For the
>extremely horny, say, people with relatives visiting who would be
>mortified if they heard so much as a peep from the bedroom (although
>it is not the practice of many people I know to yell, "PEEP! PEEP! at
>the point of orgasm, I must coin the phrase), parking the car in an
>empty parking lot after the business in question has closed for the
>day and backing the car into a spot right near the building is the
>Plan B when the car's interior hampers maneuvering. Either the female
>can bend over the trunk or the hood/trunk of the car can become a
>makeshift bed. Also, if one brings a picnic blanket, the actual ground
>behind the car works well because the car blocks one from the view of
>any late-night passersby.
>
>--Mistress Fornication Strategist

When I went out with the gentleman with a sports-car, we ended up on a
cliff, behind some prickly bushes. I famously didn't mention until
afterwards that a certain amount of motion had caused my head to be
pushed over the edge of the cliff into open space. Poor chap was rather
concerned.

A few weeks ago, I scattered the ashes of a deceased relative from
another nearby part of the same cliff, & admit to a certain amount of
wry amusement on returning to that spot so many years later, for such a
different purpose.

kest

May 17, 2004, 3:30:22 PM5/17/04
Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp...@earthops.net> wrote in message news:<40A74751...@earthops.net>...

> kest wrote:
> > Oh yeah, and since this seems to be The C10 thread, my pics are up at
> > http://www.binaryaxiom.com/c10/c10index.html.
>
> are not!

Whoops. That's http://www.binaryaxiom.com/kest/c10/10index.html

kest

May 17, 2004, 3:32:04 PM5/17/04
night...@aol.com (Nightaudtr) wrote in message news:<20040516032726...@mb-m05.aol.com>...

> >k, not a cat, thx
> --------------
> Ohhhh, I'll bet she has such a cute, scritchy chinny-chin-chin.

Are you *trying* to get on my bad side?

MistressDeath

May 17, 2004, 4:22:37 PM5/17/04
siani <si...@velvet.net> wrote in message news:<40A69150...@velvet.net>...

> Tiny Human Ferret wrote:
>
> > The Emperor Penguin wrote:
>
> >> Wait a minute...
> >>
> >> If I started a car thread, and then it followed the inevitable path
> >> into a sex thread...
> >

> > Car Sex. Discuss.
>

> the real reason to have an automatic?
>
> why american cars are better?
>
> why bench seats beat bucket seats?
>

> i'm a fan of car sex. in, on, near etc.

Hm. I smell alt.gothic.carsex in the works here....

--Mistress A Fan Of Sex Just About Anyplace

@mindspring.com Endymion

May 17, 2004, 4:36:14 PM5/17/04
"kest" <kestthew...@hotmail.com> wrote

Are you sure it's not http://binaryaxiom.com/kest/c10/c10index.html ?
;-p

And where's the love, I ask, where's the love? None of those are
*nearly* incriminating enough.

--
Endymion
disintegration @ mindspring.com

Jennie

May 17, 2004, 6:44:47 PM5/17/04
In article <7bb8f01a.04050...@posting.google.com>,
MistressDeath wrote:
> Arch Visceral Parlor and Frank the Baptists were as good as I'd hoped,
> and better.

Good vocals, in both cases, and good solid musicianship. I don't
think I spotted a single original idea, mind. Maybe they'll develop into
something good, given time.

> While Goteki isn't really my thing, they were, um, very enthusiastic,
> and you could tell they were really enjoying their first US performance.

Heh. I had been planning to leave, on principal, before their
set began, but watching them with that audience turned out to be really
funny, so I'm glad I was waylaid.

> I suggest everybody who didn't go last night purchase
> their CDs (and also the people who did, but for different reasons).

Donald got a Frank the Baptist CD (he thinks they'll grow on
him), so I'm sure I shall be hearing that around the house.

> Also, Dag, Jennie, the nice gentleman whose name I didn't catch who
> accompanied her (I think it was Donald?)

Bald head, leather jacket, pointy boots? That would be Donald.

> see the people for whom I was looking that I'd already met, namely
> Peter Coffin and his lady friend.

I didn't (to my knowledge) see Peter at all, and he was one of
the attendees I was most avidly looking for. Now, of course, he is obliged
to come to Whitby. Or to Scotland, where my usual offer to feed passing
netgoths with good whisky stands.

> Although my corset strings broke twice, the evening went well overall.

That was a fine corset, all the same, and I have to say
(without, I must assure you, having any dubious intentions) that you were
one of the most beautiful goths I saw there.

> Did I mention that Scary Lady Sarah and her new husband are utterly
> adorable together? They are.

Sarah's one of those people who glows when she's happy. :)
I was impressed by how well she survived the weekend.

Jennie

--
Jennie Kermode jen...@innocent.com
http://www.triffid.demon.co.uk/jennie

Jennie

May 17, 2004, 6:47:47 PM5/17/04
In article <aub5a0hu68oqorf7a...@4ax.com>, Morph wrote:
> I know I've been away from a.g for a while now... but did I miss the
> bit where it finally became *safe* to point out that Kest is cute? :-)

I thought she was more sort of attractively spiky. :) She was
always someone I got on with here, but I liked her still better in person.

Jennie

May 17, 2004, 6:54:13 PM5/17/04
In article <40A69150...@velvet.net>, siani wrote:
> Tiny Human Ferret wrote:
>> Car Sex. Discuss.

As the Emperor Penguin mentioned, certain angles have already
been done to death.

> the real reason to have an automatic?

Do automatics not even have gear sticks? In the circumstances,
that would seem to be unfortunate.

> why american cars are better?

In the US, I was very grateful for the air conditioning thing;
otherwise, it's not a big deal to me. I like the intimacy of small cars.
Also, I like the feeling of being closer to the road, more sensitive to
every bounce and judder. If one is going to fuck in a vehicle, it ought to
be one which can contribute to sensation, not simply an anonymous box.

> why bench seats beat bucket seats?

I guess that depends on the type of sex one is having.
I plan to start my driving lessons in July, so after that, we'll
see. Neither of my men drives, and of course, when I was going out with
Erith, he would have been horrified at the idea of exposing his poor
innocent wee car to that sort of thing; so it's been a while... Taxis
don't really count, do they? One has to be so tediously discreet therein.

Tiny Human Ferret

May 17, 2004, 10:11:13 PM5/17/04

And just where have you been, anyways, cute or non-cute?

Hopefully too busy making money or somesuch.

Tiny Human Ferret

May 17, 2004, 10:25:11 PM5/17/04
Endymion wrote:
> "kest" <kestthew...@hotmail.com> wrote
>

>>Whoops. That's http://www.binaryaxiom.com/kest/c10/10index.html
>

> Are you sure it's not http://binaryaxiom.com/kest/c10/c10index.html ?
> ;-p
>
> And where's the love, I ask, where's the love? None of those are
> *nearly* incriminating enough.

That's not *love* you want, but *pr0n*.

And as always we are short of pictures of the reputedly cute kest.

Both Dag and Erith look very worrismely "normal" which is... worrisome.

;-)

If you should run into me in a bar, this is not what I look like.

http://www.earthops.org/music/not-a-goth.mpg

Definitely not GAF.

Message has been deleted

kest

May 18, 2004, 1:54:58 AM5/18/04
"Endymion" <disintegration @ mindspring.com> wrote in news:c8b7nv$kbr$1
@mailgate2.lexis-nexis.com:

Yes, that. Thanks.

k, dumb

kest

May 18, 2004, 2:10:35 AM5/18/04

> kest wrote:

>> Are you *trying* to get on my bad side?
>
> And just where have you been, anyways, cute or non-cute?
>
> Hopefully too busy making money or somesuch.

I wish. Just have been without my own reliable net access for far too
long. And google annoys the hell out of me. So I end up doing a vanity
search every couple months and otherwise leave it alone.

As of tonight, I have net again. Sweet sweet net. But... are you sure
you want to hear this?

I don't think I'm actually coming back.

The first time I've really took a look at the whole group in ages, and
what do I see? A bunch of whining and sniping. Something smells rotten
in here. And it's just postConvergence, traditionally one of the most
warm and fuzzy times of the year. There's a lot to love about some of
the people 'round these parts, but the atmosphere right now isn't
anything I'm really interested in.

And someone here will no doubt want to point fingers in the direction of
LJ, and claim it steals babies, and such, which makes me preemptively
sad, because it not only misses the point, it's about as accurate as
blaming chocolate ice cream for me not eating brussel sprouts.
Especially as LJ is far from everything I desire. It's a crappy debate
medium. Thoughts there have a shelflife of about a day and a half, and
then it's on to 'what I did today.' But a.g. doesn't seem a lot better
on that front, unfortunately. People seem to just be taking swings at
each other.

So. You know. You guys have your fun. I'll be over here if you need me.

k, disappointed

kest

May 18, 2004, 2:11:27 AM5/18/04
Jennie <jen...@laocoon.triffid> wrote in

> I thought she was more sort of attractively spiky. :) She
> was
> always someone I got on with here, but I liked her still better in
> person.

Thank you! You're quite lovely yourself. I'm so glad you guys came.

kest

May 18, 2004, 2:17:19 AM5/18/04

> And as always we are short of pictures of the reputedly cute kest.
>
> Both Dag and Erith look very worrismely "normal" which is... worrisome.

best pic I"ve seen of me so far:
http://www.blackavar.net/pics/social/Convergence_10/6_10
_Monday/tn/P0002231.JPG.html

That's me in the black.

I am looking amazingly chipper for the four hours of sleep I had and the
amount of plowed I was before them. This is obviously because I have found
a way to magically transfer all my Dead to erith through his elbow.

kest

May 18, 2004, 2:23:38 AM5/18/04

> Gotta say: never done it in a car. A golf-course, a cliff-top, nearly
> a pool-table once, but never a car.

Wow.

> UK teenagers are unlikely to own one, really,

Well, of course not. That's why you borrow Mom's.

& when I got older, I
> graduated to getting involved with people who owned beds & rented
> hotel rooms.

Yes, which helps, but sometimes...

> The one guy I dated who HAD a car had a tiny sports car with no back
> seat.

When I bought a car, I made sure it had a large comfy back seat. You
know, in case I found myself homeless and needing to sleep in it, or
something. And it was also handy when instead of being homeless, I moved
in with a traditional aunt, uncle, and fourteen year old cousin, on whom
I was expected to be a Good Influence.

Jack

May 18, 2004, 5:28:52 AM5/18/04

"Tiny Human Ferret" <ixnayamsp...@earthops.net> wrote in message
<snip>

> Thank goodness for American Cars, short grrls, and Buicks with a back
> seat the size of the beds at the Ritz.

You're spoiled. I lost my virginity to a girl who was 6'4" in the reclining
passengers seat of a '77 Dodge Colt, somewhere west of the suburbs of
Denver.[1]

I am *not* making this up.

[1] What would have been west of them in 1985 anyway. I'm sure those empty
hills have long been covered in suburban sprawl at this point.

--
-Jack-
"Death. It's not just for breakfast anymore."

Jack

May 18, 2004, 5:45:24 AM5/18/04

"Jennie" <jen...@laocoon.triffid> wrote in message

> In article <40A69150...@velvet.net>, siani wrote:
> > Tiny Human Ferret wrote:
> >> Car Sex. Discuss.
>
> As the Emperor Penguin mentioned, certain angles have already
> been done to death.
>
> > the real reason to have an automatic?
>
> Do automatics not even have gear sticks? In the circumstances,
> that would seem to be unfortunate.

A lot only have this small, pathetic thing on the steering column. As to
unfortunate, that really depends on if you have to listen to stories about
their misuse from EMT's or emergency room nurses or not.

> > why bench seats beat bucket seats?
>
> I guess that depends on the type of sex one is having.

Very true. I had and loved a two door, '86 Ford Escort with reclining front
seats and there are all sorts of things you can do with them that I couldn't
see managing with a bench seat. (Although being able to manage some of them
is somewhat height specific.)

I really miss that car. Doing a quick calculation, I've realized that of
the people I've had sex with, at one point or another I had sex with fully
25% of them in that car. Ah, if bucket seats could talk.... [1]

> I plan to start my driving lessons in July, so after that, we'll
> see. Neither of my men drives, and of course, when I was going out with
> Erith, he would have been horrified at the idea of exposing his poor
> innocent wee car to that sort of thing; so it's been a while...

That's what Scotch Guard and wet vacs are for.

> Taxis
> don't really count, do they? One has to be so tediously discreet therein.

Not really, no. It's really a totally different vibe, and not nearly as
cool IMO.

[1] Actually, if bucket seats could talk, I'd probably have been in real
trouble, particularly in the early days when I was sharing the use of the
car with my parents.

Jack

May 18, 2004, 5:57:44 AM5/18/04

"Tiny Human Ferret" <ixnayamsp...@earthops.net> wrote in message
<snip>

> Well, doing it in a car is rather overrated, but for much of the US --
> considering such things as scorpions and sidewinders in the west, bear
> and suchlike in the east -- sex in a car is as good as it gets if you
> can't get a room to yourselves. Also, in the city, on a nice night of
> bad weather, in a random parking place, it's about as private as it
> gets, at least it was before the introduction of cellphones.
>
> Another reason it's rather underrated is the fact that unless you've
> borrowed a limousine, bonking in the back seat without opening the doors
> puts the woman in a position about guaranteed to ensure pregancy if
> proper precautions aren't taken, which if you're desperate enough to
> have sex in a car, they probably weren't.

Now now, putting down sex in cars is just downright UnAmerican.

I don't know about you, but in the past I have driven into the mountains
with a girlfriend in order to park there and have sex in the car even though
we had a perfectly good apartment of our own. (*And* despite her being
5'10".) There's just something special about sex in a car that you really
can't get in any other way.

Or, maybe I just have a bit of a fetish for sex in cars. I dunno, but I
like to at least think that I'm celebrating an integral aspect of *true*
American Culture. <g>

Lucy Bond

May 18, 2004, 6:38:35 AM5/18/04
In article <Xns94ECED4A88EF...@216.196.97.136>, kest
<ke...@spamfree.nettrip.org> writes

Yes, I'm curious about the fact that I look pretty damn chipper in every
pic I've seen of myself, yet whenever I'm next to LT in a photo, he
suddenly looks exhausted. In pictures WITHOUT me, he generally looks
more lively.

Do you think I was sapping the life-force from my room-mates in the
night?

Tiny Human Ferret

May 18, 2004, 9:06:35 AM5/18/04
kest wrote:
> Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp...@earthops.net> wrote in
>

>>kest wrote:
>

>>>Are you *trying* to get on my bad side?
>>
>>And just where have you been, anyways, cute or non-cute?
>>
>>Hopefully too busy making money or somesuch.
>

> I wish. Just have been without my own reliable net access for far too
> long. And google annoys the hell out of me. So I end up doing a vanity
> search every couple months and otherwise leave it alone.
>
> As of tonight, I have net again. Sweet sweet net. But... are you sure
> you want to hear this?
>
> I don't think I'm actually coming back.
>
> The first time I've really took a look at the whole group in ages, and
> what do I see? A bunch of whining and sniping. Something smells rotten
> in here. And it's just postConvergence, traditionally one of the most
> warm and fuzzy times of the year. There's a lot to love about some of
> the people 'round these parts, but the atmosphere right now isn't
> anything I'm really interested in.

Well, that's 'cause _you_ aren't around. Nor are many of the people who
were fairly cheery in their morose gothic way. All that's left is us
hardcore UseNet addicts.

> And someone here will no doubt want to point fingers in the direction of
> LJ, and claim it steals babies, and such, which makes me preemptively
> sad, because it not only misses the point, it's about as accurate as
> blaming chocolate ice cream for me not eating brussel sprouts.
> Especially as LJ is far from everything I desire. It's a crappy debate
> medium. Thoughts there have a shelflife of about a day and a half, and
> then it's on to 'what I did today.' But a.g. doesn't seem a lot better
> on that front, unfortunately. People seem to just be taking swings at
> each other.

Eh, you dropped in on a bad day. We'd been having some fun with a few
crossover threads, clearly it's time to troll in rec.arts.industrial and
see if they can't liven things up.

> So. You know. You guys have your fun. I'll be over here if you need me.
>
> k, disappointed

But kest! We need you! If only so that I won't be the only poster with a
handle that starts with "k"!

--klaatu, feeling so all alooooooonnnnnne

Tiny Human Ferret

May 18, 2004, 9:07:16 AM5/18/04
Peter H. Coffin wrote:

> On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:25:11 -0400, Tiny Human Ferret wrote:
>
>>Endymion wrote:
>>
>>>"kest" <kestthew...@hotmail.com> wrote

>>>Are you sure it's not http://binaryaxiom.com/kest/c10/c10index.html ?
>>>;-p
>>>
>>>And where's the love, I ask, where's the love? None of those are
>>>*nearly* incriminating enough.
>>
>>That's not *love* you want, but *pr0n*.
>>
>>And as always we are short of pictures of the reputedly cute kest.
>

> Cute? Bah. She's hot.

I suppose that would be as good a reason as any to despise being called
"cute". Sort of a downgrade or something.

Tiny Human Ferret

May 18, 2004, 9:11:21 AM5/18/04

Ah, you're the tallness-challenged one? You do seem worrisomely cheerful.

The other gal looks a lot like one of my sisters did a few years back.

Erith looks... well, I can understand that if the subject of zombies
came up with some frequency right about that time...

Tiny Human Ferret

May 18, 2004, 9:12:51 AM5/18/04
kest wrote:
> Lucy Bond <lu...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> wrote in
>

>>Gotta say: never done it in a car. A golf-course, a cliff-top, nearly
>>a pool-table once, but never a car.

<snips>

>>The one guy I dated who HAD a car had a tiny sports car with no back
>>seat.
>>

> When I bought a car, I made sure it had a large comfy back seat. You
> know, in case I found myself homeless and needing to sleep in it, or
> something.

Perhaps you'd heard my famous aphorism, "you can sleep in a car but you
can't drive an apartment"?

> And it was also handy when instead of being homeless, I moved
> in with a traditional aunt, uncle, and fourteen year old cousin, on whom
> I was expected to be a Good Influence.

Would we be correct in assuming that perhaps that didn't work out quite
as planned?

ScaryLadyS

May 18, 2004, 9:18:37 AM5/18/04
Jennie wrote:
>>Did I mention that Scary Lady Sarah and her new >>husband are utterly
adorable together? They are.

>Sarah's one of those people who glows when she's >happy. :)
>I was impressed by how well she survived the >weekend.

Why, thanks much (to both of you ladies) for the sweet comments. :) And it is
true- I am soooooo happy!!!! (Also surprised with myself for surviving the
weekend; even my post-C10-exhaustive-flu is gone now!)

It was so very cool to see you (and so many ag people) in my hometown. I did
get weird "Am I at Whitby???" moments during the Manuskript set when looking
around, everyone near me were my UK friends!

Which was cool.

Yours Truly,
~SLS~
actually starting to plan Saturnalia 5 now! glutton for punishment, me...

http://www.AmericanGothicProd.com

Potato Junkie

May 18, 2004, 10:02:01 AM5/18/04
> > The Emperor Penguin wrote:
> >
> > Car Sex. Discuss.

You're all missing the possibilities inherent in Car Sex Discus. Or perhaps
Car Sex Discos. Either way, I probably won't see The Cars That Ate Paris in
the same way again.

MistressDeath

May 18, 2004, 10:37:50 AM5/18/04
Jennie <jen...@laocoon.triffid> wrote in message news:<slrncaig2v...@laocoon.triffid>...

> In article <7bb8f01a.04050...@posting.google.com>,
> MistressDeath wrote:
> > Arch Visceral Parlor and Frank the Baptists were as good as I'd hoped,
> > and better.
>
> Good vocals, in both cases, and good solid musicianship. I don't
> think I spotted a single original idea, mind. Maybe they'll develop into
> something good, given time.

Bah. I think they're already good.

> > While Goteki isn't really my thing, they were, um, very enthusiastic,
> > and you could tell they were really enjoying their first US performance.
>
> Heh. I had been planning to leave, on principal, before their
> set began, but watching them with that audience turned out to be really
> funny, so I'm glad I was waylaid.

Tee hee. Resist bad joke! Resist bad joke!

> > I suggest everybody who didn't go last night purchase
> > their CDs (and also the people who did, but for different reasons).
>
> Donald got a Frank the Baptist CD (he thinks they'll grow on
> him), so I'm sure I shall be hearing that around the house.
>
> > Also, Dag, Jennie, the nice gentleman whose name I didn't catch who
> > accompanied her (I think it was Donald?)
>
> Bald head, leather jacket, pointy boots? That would be Donald.

Okay. I have a picture of the two of you, then, only it's entitled
"Jennie and Scotsman" because I couldn't catch his name over the music
but I knew he was with you and therefor part of the UK contingent.

> > see the people for whom I was looking that I'd already met, namely
> > Peter Coffin and his lady friend.
>
> I didn't (to my knowledge) see Peter at all, and he was one of
> the attendees I was most avidly looking for. Now, of course, he is obliged
> to come to Whitby. Or to Scotland, where my usual offer to feed passing
> netgoths with good whisky stands.

I finally found him in the IPM room, enjoying a drink with Theresa
perched on his lap. I wonder if he went to the Metro at all.

> > Although my corset strings broke twice, the evening went well overall.
>
> That was a fine corset, all the same, and I have to say
> (without, I must assure you, having any dubious intentions) that you were
> one of the most beautiful goths I saw there.

Why thank you. I do not doubt your intentions, as I'm sure that if
they were dubious, you'd have laid your snares while we were actually
on the same continent.

> > Did I mention that Scary Lady Sarah and her new husband are utterly
> > adorable together? They are.
>
> Sarah's one of those people who glows when she's happy. :)
> I was impressed by how well she survived the weekend.

You'd be surprised. I have never seen her lose her cool, not even when
it was five minutes after Nocturna was supposed to start and we still
weren't done decorating. (I rarely see the behind-the-scenes action,
but on this occasion I was filling in for somebody at the last
minute). It must be some combination of character and using sensory
deprivation tanks.

--Mistress Giving Those Tanks Another Whirl As Soon As I Have The $

Jennie

May 18, 2004, 10:27:33 AM5/18/04
In article <20040518091837...@mb-m21.aol.com>, ScaryLadyS wrote:
> actually starting to plan Saturnalia 5 now! glutton for punishment, me...

You may have the same problem I do when finishing big writing or
editing projects. There's all that adrenaline, and the habit of working
constantly, so that one can find oneself craving something else to do
immediately, even when a few days off would be very much the more
sensible option.

@mindspring.com Endymion

May 18, 2004, 11:25:06 AM5/18/04
"kest" <ke...@spamfree.nettrip.org> wrote

> As of tonight, I have net again. Sweet sweet net. But... are you
sure
> you want to hear this?
>
> I don't think I'm actually coming back.
>
> The first time I've really took a look at the whole group in ages, and
> what do I see? A bunch of whining and sniping. Something smells
rotten
> in here. And it's just postConvergence, traditionally one of the most
> warm and fuzzy times of the year. There's a lot to love about some of
> the people 'round these parts, but the atmosphere right now isn't
> anything I'm really interested in.

Why don't you come back and help make it the place you want it to be,
k.?

It's a small group now. A few people can make a real difference. A lot
of regulars have been missing because of Whitby and C10. A lot of what
you're seeing from the past few weeks is just crossposts from alt.punk.
Right now you can help set the tone for the returnees to whatever you
want. Or not. Your choice, I guess.

Cavalorn

May 18, 2004, 1:44:52 PM5/18/04
In article <Xns94ECEC26953D...@216.196.97.136>, kest
<ke...@spamfree.nettrip.org> writes

>I don't think I'm actually coming back.

Mmmm! A whole yummy theological debate, dripping with literary
references and variant viewpoints on the nature of humanity!

But where's Kest?

Not here?

I'll just have to have it with myself, then.

Cav
--
Give me a woman who's taken her knocks,
Who's tasted both gutter and stars.

Blackavar

May 18, 2004, 3:59:37 PM5/18/04

> Ah, you're the tallness-challenged one? You do seem worrisomely
> cheerful.

That would be kest, yes.

> The other gal looks a lot like one of my sisters did a few years back.

That would be Áine, featured in a number of other pictures in there, as
well. No klaatu-brothers that I know of, though.

> Erith looks... well, I can understand that if the subject of zombies
> came up with some frequency right about that time...

I think by that time, Erith had learned to dread the upcoming flash. Sort
of a Pavlovian response, or more accurately like that of flatworms
repeatedly exposed to electric shocks. However, I wonder: If one fed bits
of Erith to other goths, would they also learn aversion to my camera and
its strangely robust flash?

--
Michael Myers - Blackavar http://www.blackavar.net
blac...@speakPANTSeasy.net LJ: blackavar

Message has been deleted

MistressDeath

May 18, 2004, 6:37:05 PM5/18/04
kestthew...@hotmail.com (kest) wrote in message news:<12d5ff04.0405...@posting.google.com>...
> Villag...@wowway.com (MistressDeath) wrote in message news:<7bb8f01a.04050...@posting.google.com>...

> .
> > Also, Dag, Jennie, the nice gentleman whose name I didn't catch who
> > accompanied her (I think it was Donald?) Kest, Panurge, and WhiteWitch
> > are very friendly people, I found, while erith is...erith. I didn't

> > see the people for whom I was looking that I'd already met, namely
> > Peter Coffin and his lady friend.
>
> Was good to meet you too, although the rest of the weekend I had to
> deal with people saying 'I heard Mistress Death is here', and me
> saying 'yes, she's real, I've seen her' but you'd disappeared.

Where were these people when JV was trying to help them find me/help
me find them? I suppose I just wandered too much. Well, that, and
having to miss the daytime stuff Saturday because Jon and I hadn't
bothered to talk about it & he assumed we weren't going while I
assumed we were, and by the time we finished arguing it was really too
late to bother, then not going Sunday because I had to work kind of
made me around less than I'd have liked to have been. I didn't even
get to show anybody around town or take them to Thai Classic or Pick
Me Up for dinner.... ::sob::

--Mistress Really Real (Or Am I?)

Tiny Human Ferret

May 18, 2004, 7:21:17 PM5/18/04
MistressDeath wrote:

<snips>

> --Mistress Really Real (Or Am I?)

As if things weren't bad enough, you look rather like a character from
my first novel. Sort of. Probably for the best that the resemblance is
only superficial.

(smirk)

kest

May 19, 2004, 4:59:40 AM5/19/04
"Endymion" <disintegration @ mindspring.com> wrote in news:c8d9si$uh8$1
@mailgate2.lexis-nexis.com:

> "kest" <ke...@spamfree.nettrip.org> wrote

>> The first time I've really took a look at the whole group in ages, and
>> what do I see? A bunch of whining and sniping. Something smells
> rotten
>> in here. And it's just postConvergence, traditionally one of the most
>> warm and fuzzy times of the year. There's a lot to love about some of
>> the people 'round these parts, but the atmosphere right now isn't
>> anything I'm really interested in.

Can someone hand me that stapler, please?

> Why don't you come back and help make it the place you want it to be,
> k.?

That never works, you know. Majority rules.

kest

May 19, 2004, 5:00:17 AM5/19/04

> kest wrote:

>> That's me in the black.
>>
>> I am looking amazingly chipper for the four hours of sleep I had and
>> the amount of plowed I was before them. This is obviously because I
>> have found a way to magically transfer all my Dead to erith through
>> his elbow.
>
> Ah, you're the tallness-challenged one? You do seem worrisomely
> cheerful.

Who you calling 'challenged'?

kest

May 19, 2004, 5:01:41 AM5/19/04

> kest wrote:

> > And it was also handy when instead of being homeless, I moved
>> in with a traditional aunt, uncle, and fourteen year old cousin, on
>> whom I was expected to be a Good Influence.
>
> Would we be correct in assuming that perhaps that didn't work out
> quite as planned?

Oh, no, I"m really good at pretending I'm Well Behaved. It's just a pain.

kest

May 19, 2004, 5:03:25 AM5/19/04

> Peter H. Coffin wrote:
>>
>> Cute? Bah. She's hot.
>
> I suppose that would be as good a reason as any to despise being called
> "cute". Sort of a downgrade or something.

My god, I think he's got it!

kest

May 19, 2004, 5:07:43 AM5/19/04
Cavalorn <cava...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> wrote in

> In article <Xns94ECEC26953D...@216.196.97.136>, kest
> <ke...@spamfree.nettrip.org> writes
>>I don't think I'm actually coming back.
>
> Mmmm! A whole yummy theological debate, dripping with literary
> references and variant viewpoints on the nature of humanity!
>
> But where's Kest?
>
> Not here?
>
> I'll just have to have it with myself, then.

Hmph. Trying to bait me, I see. It's not like you've been offering
insightful comments on any of the economic ramblings I've posted to LJ in
the last several months.

If I stay, tho, you realize....you're actually going to have to deliver
this debate.

Jennie

May 19, 2004, 9:00:14 AM5/19/04
In article <Xns94ED842DDE85Bbl...@216.196.97.132>,
Blackavar wrote:
> I think by that time, Erith had learned to dread the upcoming flash. Sort
> of a Pavlovian response, or more accurately like that of flatworms
> repeatedly exposed to electric shocks.

He's always been like that with cameras. It happens when
strangers nearby are taking pictures of other people.

> However, I wonder: If one fed bits of Erith to other goths, would they
> also learn aversion to my camera and its strangely robust flash?

I'm probably the only person right here who can offer
information in that regard, and I'm not afraid of camera flashes, just a
little wary of being blinded by them and of the awful way they make me look.

Tiny Human Ferret

May 19, 2004, 10:35:47 AM5/19/04

Not if you're mean and sarky enough.

Tiny Human Ferret

May 19, 2004, 10:39:01 AM5/19/04

Well, either you're normal and everyone else is really really big, or...

Tiny Human Ferret

May 19, 2004, 10:40:48 AM5/19/04

I can just see this at some gathering:

"Don't call me cute, I'm _hot_, dammit. Argue with _this_:" (strikes a
pose, people are forced to agree, all ends well more or less.)

erithromycin

May 17, 2004, 9:42:42 PM5/17/04
MistressDeath:

>while erith is...erith.

I get that a lot.
--
erith - .sig

erithromycin

May 17, 2004, 9:44:17 PM5/17/04
MistressDeath:
>siani:
>>MistressDeath wrote:

>>>Also, Dag, Jennie, the nice gentleman whose name I didn't catch who
>>>accompanied her (I think it was Donald?) Kest, Panurge, and WhiteWitch
>>>are very friendly people, I found, while erith is...erith.

>>did he say "fuck" a lot, then punch you in the crotch?

>No. He only punched me in the arm, after I slapped his somewhere in
>the shoulder/neck region. My skirt was far too puffy for any
>crotch-punch to be effective.

You hit me because I wouldn't tell you two things, even though they were
sort of nice things, which, admittedly, was a bit mean, but there was no
call for hitting folk. Then I hit you back, admittedly, but that's your
fault. Oh yes. Anyway, you kept disappearing, which meant that you didn't
get to meet Edvamp, damn you. Did you come back to the hotel at any point?
--
erith - .sig

erithromycin

May 17, 2004, 9:45:32 PM5/17/04
Lucy Bond:
>potato junkie:
>>MistressDeath wrote:

>>>erith is...erith.

>>He didn't say anything about monkeys, did he?

>A few muttering about them, yes, but I swiftly changed the subject.

I think I only called one person a monkey fucking fuck, and they probably
deserved it.
--
erith - .sig

erithromycin

May 17, 2004, 9:46:16 PM5/17/04
The Emperor Penguin:

>If I started a car thread, and then it followed the inevitable path
>into a sex thread...

Someone would suggest that you read the whole of 'The Roar of a Big
Machine'...
--
erith - .sig

erithromycin

May 17, 2004, 9:47:09 PM5/17/04
kest:

>and erith, I'm terribly sorry, but we don't seem to have won the
>lottery.

That's alright. I figured you had used up all your luck getting a knife up
the Sears Tower.
--
erith - we could have hijacked a _cloud_!

@mindspring.com Endymion

May 19, 2004, 11:44:54 AM5/19/04
"kest" <ke...@spamfree.nettrip.org> wrote

> That never works, you know. Majority rules.

alt.gothic has *never* been a democracy. We are ye darke aristrocrats of
ye nighte, remember?

Jennie

May 19, 2004, 9:02:24 AM5/19/04
In article <17c0ff94.04051...@posting.google.com>, Potato
Junkie wrote:
> You're all missing the possibilities inherent in Car Sex Discus.

Sex in flying cars?
The twenty first century is a traitor.

> Or perhaps Car Sex Discos.

Sort of like the orgy version of a movie drive-in..?

> Either way, I probably won't see The Cars That Ate Paris in
> the same way again.

You did see it in a somewhat unusual way the first time. ;)

The Fiendish Plot of Fascinet

May 19, 2004, 12:31:33 PM5/19/04
Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp...@earthops.net> wrote in message news:<40AA0A84...@earthops.net>...
> Peter H. Coffin wrote:

> >>That's not *love* you want, but *pr0n*.
> >>
> >>And as always we are short of pictures of the reputedly cute kest.

> > Cute? Bah. She's hot.
>
> I suppose that would be as good a reason as any to despise being called
> "cute". Sort of a downgrade or something.

There's no downgrade from alluring to adorable.

"Hot" and "cute" are just not the same thing.

-F

Tal

May 19, 2004, 12:38:53 PM5/19/04
On Tue, 18 May 2004 01:17:19 -0500, kest <ke...@spamfree.nettrip.org>
wrote:

>Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp...@earthops.net> wrote in

>> And as always we are short of pictures of the reputedly cute kest.
>>

>> Both Dag and Erith look very worrismely "normal" which is... worrisome.
>
>best pic I"ve seen of me so far:
>http://www.blackavar.net/pics/social/Convergence_10/6_10
>_Monday/tn/P0002231.JPG.html

>That's me in the black.
>
>I am looking amazingly chipper for the four hours of sleep I had and the
>amount of plowed I was before them. This is obviously because I have found
>a way to magically transfer all my Dead to erith through his elbow.

You know, I can almost hear erith screaming 'monkey fucking fuck' at
the camera!

One of these years we're really going to have to get over for
Convergence...

Commander Tal
101st Heavy Perking Squad
Goffick Mobile Infantry
"We're mobile, we're infantile"

Lucy Bond

May 19, 2004, 12:54:25 PM5/19/04
In article <40AB7185...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp
ay_k...@earthops.net> writes

>kest wrote:
>> Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp...@earthops.net> wrote in

>>>Ah, you're the tallness-challenged one? You do seem worrisomely
>>>cheerful.
>>>

>> Who you calling 'challenged'?
>
>Well, either you're normal and everyone else is really really big, or...

Oh, hush now, I'm shorter than any of you.

Lucy
Lucy Bond : www.technokitty.com sells Dane cybery tops, dresses & bustiers,
glammy fake fur, Cybertart fun, glittery make-up, rubber spiky goodness & all
things futuristic! *New Sale section!*

Tiny Human Ferret

May 19, 2004, 2:07:06 PM5/19/04

Pulling off both simultaneously takes a bit of skill, tho'.

Blackavar

May 19, 2004, 6:53:41 PM5/19/04

> Oh, hush now, I'm shorter than any of you.

Well, do you also object to the appellation "cute"?

Blackavar

May 19, 2004, 7:05:42 PM5/19/04

> I'm probably the only person right here who can offer
> information in that regard, and I'm not afraid of camera flashes, just
> a little wary of being blinded by them and of the awful way they make
> me look.

Hmm. Well, that's one datapoint in the negative. However, it'd probably
take a more structured experiment to verify the results. First, we need a
control, who eats no Erith bits and is not exposed to flashes or electric
shocks. Any goths out there who haven't been exposed to flashes or electric
shocks?

...Eh, there goes that experiment down the drain.

Jennie

May 20, 2004, 9:00:15 AM5/20/04
In article <40AB7185...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret wrote:
> kest wrote:
>> Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp...@earthops.net> wrote in
>>>Ah, you're the tallness-challenged one? You do seem worrisomely
>>>cheerful.

>> Who you calling 'challenged'?

> Well, either you're normal and everyone else is really really big, or...

You know, kest would be perfectly normal in lots of places.
Americans _are_ really really big. In Glasgow I'm average height (at five
foot four) and not all that far below average weight. In the US, I ran
into quite a few people who were literally three times my size. It's the
corn syrup, I tell you. :(P

erithromycin

May 20, 2004, 1:06:08 AM5/20/04
Tiny Human Ferret:

>Both Dag and Erith look very worrismely "normal" which is... worrisome.

We looked more perturbed than normal when we encountered the 'Swedish Potato
Sausage', which was far and away the worst bit of non-salad foodstuff I
encountered at Convergence.
--
erith - .sig

erithromycin

May 20, 2004, 1:06:59 AM5/20/04
kest:

>This is obviously because I have found
>a way to magically transfer all my Dead to erith through his elbow.

Curses! I knew I should never have left my elbows switched to 'osmose'.
--
erith - .sig

erithromycin

May 20, 2004, 1:09:44 AM5/20/04
Tiny Human Ferret:

>Erith looks... well, I can understand that if the subject of zombies
>came up with some frequency right about that time...

That? That's _nothing_. I'd slept when that photo was taken, for about six
hours too. Though admittedly not all at once, but if that's the day I was
thinking it was I wasn't drinking too heavily the night before, so I
actually look okay. Many's the time at Whitby where I've looked more dead,
and heck, at Convergence I was a wreck on Friday morning, and, indeed,
Saturday and Sunday morning and Sunday evening too. Actually, I didn't get
up until Saturday evening properly, so I've no idea how bad I looked in the
morning. Anyway, the point remains - I have looked more dead.
--
erith - today, for example, both my eyes were completely bloodshot

erithromycin

May 20, 2004, 1:14:01 AM5/20/04
Jennie:
>Blackavar wrote:

>>I think by that time, Erith had learned to dread the upcoming flash. Sort
>>of a Pavlovian response, or more accurately like that of flatworms
>>repeatedly exposed to electric shocks.

> He's always been like that with cameras. It happens when
>strangers nearby are taking pictures of other people.

My eyes don't compensate well for single flashes of light - it's odd, but I
don't have any problem with strobe lighting. I suspect that it's got
something to do with my astigmatism. Anyway, camera flashes bad. It doesn't
help that almost any light source burns into my retina confusing my vision
for quite some time.

>>However, I wonder: If one fed bits of Erith to other goths, would they
>>also learn aversion to my camera and its strangely robust flash?

> I'm probably the only person right here who can offer
>information in that regard, and I'm not afraid of camera flashes, just a
>little wary of being blinded by them and of the awful way they make me
>look.

I am not a flatworm! Also, I have not liked camera flashes for ages, it's
just that I'd avoided massive exposure to other people's cameras until my
first Whitby, when I spent a long time virtually blind because wherever I
looked a photo was being taken. I dread most congregations of goths because
they have the potential to blind me.
--
erith - .sig

erithromycin

May 20, 2004, 1:15:15 AM5/20/04
Tal:

>You know, I can almost hear erith screaming 'monkey fucking fuck' at
>the camera!

It's "fuck you you monkey fucking fuck", and by that point I was
physiologically incapable of screaming. It's not that I'd lost my voice, but
I just didn't have the energy.
--
erith - no swearing 'til breakfast

Jennie

May 20, 2004, 9:04:49 AM5/20/04
MistressDeath wrote:
> Jennie <jen...@laocoon.triffid> wrote in message
>> Bald head, leather jacket, pointy boots? That would be Donald.

> Okay. I have a picture of the two of you, then, only it's entitled
> "Jennie and Scotsman" because I couldn't catch his name over the music
> but I knew he was with you and therefor part of the UK contingent.

A few people weren't sure, at first, if he was Erith; he was
terribly worried about that. Anyhow, yes, I saw the picture. It's not
bad. Hardly anyone gets my eyes to come out the right colour when using
flash, so I'm pleased. :)

>> I didn't (to my knowledge) see Peter at all, and he was one of
>> the attendees I was most avidly looking for.

> I finally found him in the IPM room, enjoying a drink with Theresa
> perched on his lap.

Ah, that makes sense. The only time I ventured into the IPM room
was on Friday night, and there were only four people there, and the music
was annoying and just slightly too loud to talk over, so I returned to
the lobby, where I spent the remainder of my evenings. JV kept popping by
to say "The party's upstairs!" and we'd say "Dude, that's as may be, but
it's perfectly obvious there's a party here."

Tiny Human Ferret

May 20, 2004, 10:37:10 AM5/20/04
Jennie wrote:
> In article <40AB7185...@earthops.net>, Tiny Human Ferret wrote:
>
>>kest wrote:
>>
>>>Tiny Human Ferret <ixnayamsp...@earthops.net> wrote in

>>>Who you calling 'challenged'?
>

>>Well, either you're normal and everyone else is really really big, or...
>

> You know, kest would be perfectly normal in lots of places.
> Americans _are_ really really big. In Glasgow I'm average height (at five
> foot four) and not all that far below average weight. In the US, I ran
> into quite a few people who were literally three times my size. It's the
> corn syrup, I tell you. :(P

It's something, I'm not entirely certain what it is, though corn-syrup
does appear to be metabolized as fat rather than as sugar, according to
some recent study. Thus we should be seeing less diabetes than when
sodas were mostly made with cane-sugar; instead, there's so much more
obesity that the diabetes rate has risen rather dramatically.

That being said, there is a rather noteworthy phenomenon of smallish
people from the Old World raising Very Large Children in the New World.
One sees this nowhere more evidently than in a lot of the Asians,
notably the Chinese. One may see parents who are all of five feet tall
and very slim, who come to America and raise children who are a foot
more more taller than them, and often quite robust (though generally not
fat). I suspect it might have something to do with the availability of
iodine in our foods (and salt) and the dearth of iodine in Chinese farm
soils. But that doesn't quite explain the Really Big Italians or Roly
Poly Germanics.

Maybe our food is just too nutritious. Or maybe it's the corn-syrup.

Tiny Human Ferret

May 20, 2004, 10:38:19 AM5/20/04

Shouldn't that be "fuck you, you monkey fucking fuckmonkey!"

Tiny Human Ferret

May 20, 2004, 10:39:14 AM5/20/04

I hear that there has been a bit of a diplomatic exchange over that
allegedly Swedish alleged food offering...

James Donovan

May 20, 2004, 12:54:58 PM5/20/04
erithromycin wrote:

> My eyes don't compensate well for single flashes of light - it's odd, but I
> don't have any problem with strobe lighting. I suspect that it's got
> something to do with my astigmatism.

It prolly doesn't help matters that the flash on the camera was likely
blasted straight into your eyes, and that you likely do not have the
habit of staring directly /into/ the strobes at clubs and whatnot.

> I am not a flatworm! Also, I have not liked camera flashes for ages, it's
> just that I'd avoided massive exposure to other people's cameras until my
> first Whitby, when I spent a long time virtually blind because wherever I
> looked a photo was being taken. I dread most congregations of goths because
> they have the potential to blind me.

Would you care to join my campaign to eradicate on-camera flash units?

--
Regards,
James

Lucy Bond

May 20, 2004, 12:54:08 PM5/20/04
In article <Xns94EEA1B0897C2bl...@216.196.97.132>,
Blackavar <blac...@speakPANTSeasy.net> writes

>Lucy Bond <lu...@newaeonbooks.demon.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> Oh, hush now, I'm shorter than any of you.
>
>Well, do you also object to the appellation "cute"?

Argh. You know, at least one person kissed or patted the top of my head
at C10 & lived.

Lucy Bond

May 20, 2004, 12:57:24 PM5/20/04
In article <slrncapb7g...@laocoon.triffid>, Jennie
<jen...@laocoon.triffid> writes

>In article <7bb8f01a.04051...@posting.google.com>,
>MistressDeath wrote:
>> Jennie <jen...@laocoon.triffid> wrote in message
>>> Bald head, leather jacket, pointy boots? That would be Donald.
>
>> Okay. I have a picture of the two of you, then, only it's entitled
>> "Jennie and Scotsman" because I couldn't catch his name over the music
>> but I knew he was with you and therefor part of the UK contingent.
>
> A few people weren't sure, at first, if he was Erith; he was
>terribly worried about that. Anyhow, yes, I saw the picture. It's not
>bad. Hardly anyone gets my eyes to come out the right colour when using
>flash, so I'm pleased. :)

>snip<

I didn't recognise Donald immediately, because... well, he's looking an
awful lot fitter & more muscular than last time I saw him, frankly.

I tried to express my pleasure on this subject to erith, who instantly
donned his invisible pimp-hat, & asked if he could take my booking...

It is loading more messages.